Speaker 1: At one point he turned around and like backed up on me. I was like, please do not do that. In our first sance it's booty shaky. I was like, no, no, sweety. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Welcome back, Anna to another episode of Where's Your Head At.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good. I've got my barbecue or not barbecue. I've got my pizza shapes with me at the moment. I don't know why, I'm just loving them. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I got up today. I think like three point thirty me and the family. This is might turn on for the week. Actually, Me, Tammy, Posey, Saskia and Wolf flew down.
Speaker 1: To the're all here.
Speaker 2: They flew down from the Gold Coast. So we're spending the weekend in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Here and Tammy's going to come on a little bit later to have a little chat with us wedding plan about the wedding. Very exciting.
Speaker 2: What's your turn on this weekend?
Speaker 1: My turn on of the week is that your wedding is in two weeks. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I keep forgetting I keep thinking it's like longer away.
Speaker 1: It's actually so soon. And I feel like you must be so stressed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spoke about this before. We'll get tammy On talk about it. Yeah, I'm stressed out. The only stress I really have is I went to do a suit fitting and I did my original.
Speaker 1: Your only stress is the suit fitting? You reckon?
Speaker 2: Okay, well I did my original measurements. Oh, probably was out August starting a starge. You line maybe started August. Yeah, and get this, because I've been trying to, you know, lean up for the wedding lifting.
Speaker 1: Are you doing a web shread? I am.
Speaker 2: I've put six centimeters on my shoulders, so the jacket.
Speaker 1: So wait, did you want that or is that not what you want?
Speaker 2: Well, I came in with the theory I'm going to like lift weights to lose weight, and it's just put size on.
Speaker 1: He's just showing off.
Speaker 2: They had to can you believe it? Yeah, they have to release the jacket to make it fit me. But it was annoying.
Speaker 1: But you know it's annoying. I've just grown six centimes.
Speaker 2: I've leaned up. I leaned up. But yes, two weeks away, Anna, it's very close now.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting, and I can just only imagine the stress before the wedding. I know that all of the invoices started to come through for me in the last month and I was like, oh my god, I can't cope with it. So they're coming to you alright, yeah I can. I can only imagine. What's your turn off of the week, Matt.
Speaker 2: My turn off of the week is I'm going to I'm going to blame myself here. So Tammy and I ran through our first dance and if you know, yeah, you know me. I have no rhythm. I have two left feet, and she's just got all this rhythm and knows what she wants to do.
Speaker 1: Cammy is a good dancer, I will say that, Yeah, a great dancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just sit there like stand there, sorry, just uncoordinated. I don't even know where to look half the time or what to do with my arms.
Speaker 1: It's because you're tall as well. I feel like being tall you have a disadvantage with dancing. Like have you ever seen a really good dancer. They're always like a little pocket rocket, like you know, what I mean, They've just got more rhythm. I don't know. That's what I tell myself to sleep at night because I can't dance.
Speaker 2: I honestly have. It's funny. I paid no attention to dancing whatsoever. People out of my mind, outside out of mind. I can't do that. I don't want to know about it. And now that I'm trying to find out, I really found out that I cannot dance.
Speaker 1: Remem from my first dance at my wedding, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael was like talking to you the whole time. It reminds me of stressful. Reminded me of wrestling when I wrestle and you talk to someone the whole time, telling them what.
Speaker 1: To do because they don't know what's next. Do you know what's so funny about the first dance is throughout the whole rehearsals, I was telling him off. I was like left foot, right foot, and I was like up and I was like literally telling him, And as soon as everyone's eyes around me, I was like, I don't think I can do this. Like I can talk in front of a crowd, I can do whatever, But dancing that's where I draw the line. I'm like, nah, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Luck, I'll be final performer, performer, but.
Speaker 1: A dancing performer.
Speaker 2: Well this is this is my PSA to everyone. I can't dance it.
Speaker 1: Don't expect miracles, don't step on feet.
Speaker 2: I'm just Tammy's reaction. So your turn off.
Speaker 1: Of the wake anna, Okay, So I said my turn on of the week was that we're going to Byron for your wedding. Anyway, I was on TikTok the other day minding my own business, and I came across this viral video about the fact that there is a serial killer in Byron Bay. You've sent this to me, and apparently they've been kill or people have been disappearing since the nineteen seventies until about two thousand and six ish. I don't know if they've specifically released it, but the TikTok sounded legitimate, and then everyone was chiming in. And I mean, apparently there's been sixty four murders slash disappearances in Barron Bay since the nineteen seventy It's pretty scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Sorry, you nervous, well, look not to put.
Speaker 1: A death for her on the wedding. But I did see that, and I was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, so the guy hasn't been actively murdering since two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he would be old, Like think about it if he was. Let's just say he was twenty in nineteen seventy. I know this is not a good math podcast, but like, he'd be older, have.
Speaker 2: Anything to worry about? What you know, he's probably like.
Speaker 1: On a walking stick.
Speaker 2: But it will be good with Michael. When you go out, I always say, Michael, don't get in, don't hitch hike.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've never hitchhiked in my life.
Speaker 2: Have you No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't plan on ever hitch hiking.
Speaker 2: I would get picked up. I wouldn't have thought anyway.
Speaker 1: I'd be too scared to hitch hike. Like you have to be. You have to have pretty big balls to just be like, you know, whoever comes by in Byron, Oh my gosh, she could have died.
Speaker 2: She could have been one of the seventy.
Speaker 1: People before two thousand and six. Oh my god, before.
Speaker 2: You're liking great, you were in what like, No, it wasn't, Yeah, it was she was like in year seven, year eight or something.
Speaker 1: We need to actually when she comes on the podcast, we need to ask her about that, because that's wild.
Speaker 2: Should we get her on and talk about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's bring her on now, why not.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the podcast, Babe, Who are you hi, Tammy?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Thanks for having me. Guys, we're lucky to have you in the studio because apparently you've hitch hiked in Byron.
Speaker 3: So I was probably like fifteen or sixteen at the time, and it's like super it was super normal. But like all that, I knew one of my best friends lived in Byron and I would always go there to see her and we hit typed like often. It was just like one time, but yeah, usually like a girl would like pick us up.
Speaker 1: And be like I don't want anyone like scary picking these girls up because we were just like young girl.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I really like didn't even think about it. But apparently, like the serial is it's past two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Oh is it?
Speaker 3: That's what I've heard, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I was trying to just debunk it a bit because I was like, that's sorry, the way to be fuming out for all going there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit scary, like my little sisters and stuff.
Speaker 1: Is staying in Barron, and I was like, don't like roam the streets by yourself. Definitely, don't always have a partner with someone with you at all times.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think they're going to be coming to our wedding.
Speaker 1: So I think they're going to be old as well.
Speaker 2: People. He's not going to be the wedding. He's not going to get or she could be. Yea, yeah, I watched enough Criminal Mind, so I could probably.
Speaker 1: Solve the case. Yeah, you usually busy getting.
Speaker 2: Married, so yeah, we're getting married.
Speaker 1: You guys, are are you excited? I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: But it's just been so stressful, Like so much goes into planning a wedding that I just did not realize, Like, how were you feeling a few weeks out?
Speaker 1: I think like a month out, I was so stressed because there's just all of the last minute things that you have to do that you've put off to the side because you're like, I need to get the main thing sorted, and then they all just creep up at once and all the invoices start coming through, so you're like so overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I'm definitely at that stage where it's all like, all the big things are sorted, but it's all the little things that I'm like having to just rush through and it's so stressful. Yeah, Like I'm pretty much on my phone all day every day to like my wedding planners or my assistant or someone, or I'm like running errands, you know, trying to choose different things, and it's just it's so much, and I'm yeah, I just can't wait.
Speaker 1: Like it's going to be worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the day is going to be amazing, but yeah, I can't wait for the planning to be over.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I said. I was like, I can't wait to never have another zoom meeting again with them. As much as we love Matthew, like, it was a bit upset. We had a zoom meeting the other day with our photographer and he couldn't get on and he's texting me like so angry and I'm just on this call. It was a five minute call that he didn't need to, like I actually, but every time you're involved, babe, you always say like some strange thing that isn't even like relevant at all, and I have to be like, babe, No, matt came in pretty hot He was like, I am a groomzilla, I'm going to be so involved. Oh yeah, I think like maybe you've somewhat taken a step back because when I asked, are you stressed out? Tammy was like yes, and you were like no, I feel great about it.
Speaker 2: I was saying before, I'm pretty stressed about my dancing.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, I'm stress about your dancing. Also, we practiced our first dance and then immediately after I was like looking up, like, who can give us some lessons before.
Speaker 1: The day, just like how bad is he on? You know what? It's like.
Speaker 3: It's been very romantic and sweet every time we've practiced, but it's just like it's not his actual dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just need like a little bit of help.
Speaker 2: Well, without going into the song, there's certain like.
Speaker 1: Bits to moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't have what's the word rhythm rhythm.
Speaker 3: At one point he turned around and backed up on me. I was like, please do not do that in our first dance. It's booty shaky ye was.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, no, no, strictly the dancer is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't no freestyle, but you know what I feel like, will just sort of like figet in the moment anyway.
Speaker 2: And just just enjoy each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably be making out if all else spells and the routine goes to ship, just make out all cheer. Honestly, I just don't know how people do it without a wedding planner, Like how how would you do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My wedding planners have been so good.
Speaker 3: They're called Nuptial Collective, and they are honestly amazing. They've handled every single thing and just like taken so much stress off me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly wouldn't have. I wouldn't be able to get married if I didn't have, right, Like, how would you even know all of the things that you need to organize?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, I wouldn't even know half the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah you'd have to do Yeah, no, he even think of all that little stuff wedding planners.
Speaker 2: And you obviously had your wedding couple of months ago, and you know it feels like.
Speaker 1: Yes, a couple of months. Yeah, I was like seven eight months ago. I know, crazy quickly time flies and you're having fun.
Speaker 2: You got any advice for us? Yeah?
Speaker 1: For the day, Yeah, okay, just triple check all of the songs are right, like the key songs, so just make sure that's all right, I would say, just like I didn't really have like too much to drink. I probably had like five or six drinks, so I like remember the whole day, but then like on the after party, I don't really remember a lot of by the end of it. The recovery, Yeah, recovery, I don't know. I think like the lead up is part of the fun, Like this, like two weeks is so stressful, but it's also so cool, like the fact that you guys are gonna have like people coming and all of your family and friends around you, Like those moments are really special as well. The morning of the wedding just goes so fast. It's really weird. Like I was like, this is so strange, Like I'm just getting my makeup done, like I have millions of times. This is for a wedding, Like what the hell? I feel like I'm gonna be so nuh Do you think You're going to be emotional on the day or are you going to be Like I think, oh, well, it could go one of two ways.
Speaker 3: I'm either going to be like so so emotional or I'm going to be so nervous that it like makes it, like you know, but every single time I've like tried to, well, I'm finished my vows now, but every single time I've like written them or like looked at them, I bawled my eyes out crying. So I feel like we could both.
Speaker 1: Be up there crying.
Speaker 3: I kind of like I hope that, like when he proposed me, we both cried, like.
Speaker 1: All nice, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I'm so nervous and I'm a crier as well at the best till so yeah, you are as well.
Speaker 1: So have you written your vowels? Matt? I told him to like go over them with our celebrant, not for.
Speaker 2: Anything I've got in my own head, because I don't know how Michael did it or any other dude does it. Like I googled how to structure because I do. That's really overwhelm because there's all different sort of like structures and all this sort of stuff. So I'm just going to go over it with the celebrate.
Speaker 3: We did like this, we did our what was it with our celebrant? We just did like a questionnaire with our celebrant. And because I've been like worried a little worried about like are they going to be like romantic, you know, like what you like the most, like romantic, but no, you're very romantic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just had no idea how it was going to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we went through some of our questions in this questionnaire to our celebrant, and his answers were like so sweet. I literally wanted to cry, and I was like, I have nothing to worry about, Like if this man is the sweetest.
Speaker 2: It's not so much what I'm actually going to say, it's how to structure it or how to like the grammar. Yeah, the grammar is.
Speaker 1: Just likely so you can read it like you don't worry about this.
Speaker 2: We've also been doing this thing as well. We've we've got these journals and every night we've been answering these questions in these journals.
Speaker 1: It's called Words of Lovers. It's like a guided relationship journal. They're actually so good, so we've been doing them every night, like you know, we want to feel like all connected to the wedding.
Speaker 2: What are the questions?
Speaker 3: Some of them is just like how do you like see yourself in three years, five years, blah blah, And you meant to like write your answers out.
Speaker 1: And then you swap journal because I'm going to cry. This is same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been doing like a page to night and it's just like it's really it's really cute, like and just have like a cup of tea and read each other's answers.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. Yeah, you guys look like so cute, closer than ever, just like very connected. Well I think I think I need to invest. That's so good.
Speaker 3: I've been telling like all my friends what is it called again, words of lovers, words of thank you?
Speaker 1: Sounds great, It's very cute. I feel like I'm going to be like bulling my eyes out, like you were at my wedding. I'll just see that. Yeah, I was. I was a mess at your wedding. That's why I'm like, I was so the whole or you can think about a three piece suit.
Speaker 2: No, I was. I was emotional, but like I was, remember.
Speaker 1: You guys have a disagreement about this, Yeah, because she was crying, crying, I was like, you better cry. He turns to me and I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was in a three piece suit in the sun, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like expecting him to say something like emotional about like what's happening right now. He's just going on about how hot I.
Speaker 2: Was in the middle of what was in July. Yeah. Thing often it will see through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel about nothing. The guy's always happening.
Speaker 2: I said when jumping and his wedding was amazing. It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was.
Speaker 2: So stunning wedding.
Speaker 1: It made me so excited, Like it was so beautiful. Yeah. It's also just so fun to go to someone's wedding with your partner because like the lover is just in the air and you can just be That's what I love about weddings. It just feels you can feel like the like love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spoke about it as well when we went to Love Canal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was awesome channel of Channel four wheelers, and we all just solidified our love. We can't break up because we all made out simultaneously in the Love Canal. Yeah. My brother got a later, but I had. Yeah. Well, we like we always just became. We always wanted friends with them, but engrace, Yeah, hung with them like the whole time. Yeah. No, it's so cute. I'm excited to have him there as well. I don't really see him as much because he's in the Sunshine Co. So now he's in Sydney. I don't know where he is. He's always moving.
Speaker 2: Around for work, but in a different place, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I didn't pick up Matt's call ones And so then he like calls my brother and then at like four five minutes, once they've been talking, like screenshots and goes next best thing. I was like, rude, what are you guys most excited about about the day? Like, is there something that you're really looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Personally? I'm excited for like after it's all done. Tammy and I have discussed having like after the ceremony, having like fifteen minutes but just the two of us, and I'm like, I feel like that's going to be the most emotional part. What do you call it?
Speaker 1: Registered legal document?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we're going to like have fifteen minutes and have a glass of champagne, which I'll be collecting that cork. That'll be a very important call.
Speaker 1: You should collect the glasses for that.
Speaker 2: I've actually asked the wedding planners if they can keep all the corks really just.
Speaker 3: The wedding wedding cooks, tell me what's your Yeah, I feel like I'm definitely excited for that. I'm also excited for, like, I don't know, the first time we see each other on the day, like when I when I'm about to walk down the aisle.
Speaker 1: I just I'm really excited for that moment. It's so surreal.
Speaker 2: Because we're not we're not spending the night together.
Speaker 1: We probably should have done that insight, we were meant to, but it's really hard, Like I feel like it's going to be hard. It's so hard, like I was fully doing it and then I had to say goodbye and I was like, no, I'm not saying about that. I feel like I'm not gonna want to, but I feel like it will.
Speaker 2: It'll be hard, but it will make that moment the next day I think like super special.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it will make it.
Speaker 1: Like wow, yeah, yeah, because I see that's why they used to do it. I feel yeah, yeah, I know. I also told Michael that for the month leading up to our wedding we weren't going to have sex. That didn't work. It's like I'm reftnizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, none of that, but that would make the consummating the marriage even more specially, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You want to do that, do you know we didn't consonate the marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, it's like it was just our songs. Yeah, no, I understand that even the next day we did it. That's like, it's definitely happy. I was speaking of the devil. My brother's calling me. Hey, you're on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, b o time he's here as well.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: OHI you going. Thanks for screening my calls.
Speaker 1: Mat I call you're on the podcast. Well you can answer on the podcast minutes ago. Oh so you called that first, and then Peter So called me. We're not you dog, Okay, got it, girl, I'll talk to you soon. Love you say, I'll.
Speaker 2: Call you later.
Speaker 1: I'm actually shut. I wasn't even gonna answer that. Now I know he's called you. Okay, So obviously I got married this year. You guys are about to get married on the brink of getting married, and I use the Easy Weddings app, which basically puts you in touch with heaps of different vendors so makes it super easy, especially if you're not getting a wedding planner. And they have just come out with a report. So I'm going to go through that with you guys, and I'm going to ask you what you guys are doing for your weddings. Okay, so how many people did you guys want to invite versus how much you ended up inviting. I feel like Matthew wanted to invite a lot more than me. Like I I'm I have like my family and then I have like a few friends.
Speaker 3: Matthew, I was like every person who's like over math.
Speaker 1: But our guest list is pretty even.
Speaker 3: But we did initially want a bit more than we ended up inviting.
Speaker 1: Well, I would have added people, but you couldn't hold Yeah, okay, I don't. We were torn. So apparently, on average, couples wanted to invite one hundred and sixteen but ended up inviting I think that's like like the I'm pretty sure that's how examptly that's hilarious. But apparently couples ended up inviting eighty eight on average. Pretty interesting. Okay, let's talk about wedding gifts, because there was an influencer page who spoke about how you guys wanted two thousand dollars per guess four gifts for the wedding, and I thought that was so wild. But I just want to clarify because I'm going to this sweating in two weeks and I'm going to give some cash money, and I was just wondering, do you guys want two thousand dollars? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I just put a wishing well, yeah, because I thought that's like what you do.
Speaker 1: It is what you do, like everyone does. I honestly like could really not care that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but my wedding planners were like, so do you want a registerry or wishing well or this that, And I was like, you choose.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't really need like so no, we're not like we're not expecting anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going to say like we want new homewear and all that, which is like the traditional thing, like that's all that.
Speaker 1: I do want new homework, like actually too late to change. Well. On average, close friends and family are spending two hundred and eighty eight dollars on gifts for the couple. Two hundred and eighty eight guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's reasonable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's pretty good for close friends and family. Yeah, Okay, average age of couples getting married they're making out, how old are you guys? Thirty and twenty nine. On average, the brider is thirty two and the groom is thirty three.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that your mirage?
Speaker 1: You were thirty I was thirty one and he was thirty five. How many people do you guys have in your wedding party? I just have my four sisters. So I just said to him, like, pick four people. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: I was so easy because I didn't have to choose between like my friends and stuff.
Speaker 1: Because I have four sisters. I was like perfect.
Speaker 2: It was difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I struggled best mates.
Speaker 2: I'm a best man from a while ago. Done, and then I had to like, I mean that sounds nasty to the boys that I had picked, but no, no, no, I'm trying to face I had like like it was like I knew I wanted them, but I could have had more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but sometimes you just have to like have a specific Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that's like even with the invites to the wedding, it sucks, like there's some people like I would have liked to invite, couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely, well, you guys had eight and on average it's eight to ten people are in the bridal parties, so all together.
Speaker 2: Ten would be a massive line up the top of imagine ten.
Speaker 1: No, like all together like four four or five h no. I actually, when I was in Bhali, I was staying at this hotel and in the middle of the hotel there was a wedding going on and it was really sad. The guy had one groomsman and the girl had like thirty bridesmaids. They just kept coming. I could not believe it. I was it was like never ending, a never ending trail, and like the bridesmaids line was fucked. It was like, oh my god. And going all the way back out of the he had one guy. I was like, he's gonna have a good night to night. This is really interesting. I thought this one was interesting. The most popular month to get married any bets April, I was gonna say April, it's November. Fifteen percent of couples get married in November fifteen percent. I feel like November it was like wedding season. Yeah, summer in Australia. I feel like the wayther's going to be good as well. Touch Wood, yeah, bar and Bay. Yeah. Surely, surely is there like a long term like for class that you can see. I started doing that before.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to look like just whatever happens happens, true.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: No one do any rain dancers on the day.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's good luck? Though, it's good luck.
Speaker 2: So it's good luck to rain at a wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good luck. It rained on my parents wedding this altogether, so man, it didn't rain on my.
Speaker 2: Have I stressed how hot it wasn't yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have mentioned a couple of times. I mean, it's great, guys. I'm honestly so excited for your wedding. It's going to be so much fun. Any last words or thoughts as I don't want to say single because you're not single, but like you know, before you get married, like your premarital thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to move forward into the next chapter of my life with you.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We're so excited from that, Tammy, and we're sending them so much positive energy and love and hopefully you guys just feel the love from everyone because you both deserve it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming in, Tammy.
Speaker 2: We're going to get our rinks, We're.
Speaker 1: Doing our wedding bank. How exciting. Okay, enjoy guys. See you probably at the wedding t