Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right, hey, and you have made your way onto a close friends.
Speaker 2: List because you don't put the juiciest goss upon your main story. You keep it for your close friends.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what these episodes for. So let's get into it. And I have to say, Matt, that's the first time we've done it a proper intro in a really long time. Have like every other close friends, we just get straight into it. Yeah, so love that for us. We just had a little quick toilet break before we recorded this bonus episode and it got me thinking. I saw a video once and it was what cubicle do you chu? I mean this might be different for guys like do you go to the trough?
Speaker 2: No? Never, you choose a cubicle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Always. When I want to sit down.
Speaker 1: You don't sit down, You sit down and.
Speaker 2: Weed sometimes slave most of the time, actually, if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw this video on TikTok once and it was what qubicle do you choose? If you walk into a public toilet and just say there's like four or five, what one do you usually go for? Because it said most people go for the first one?
Speaker 2: What do you go? I go down the other end.
Speaker 1: You go as far away? But then do you think that's the Pooh toilet that people try to go to because it's furthest away.
Speaker 2: I don't mind, who cares?
Speaker 1: I don't go into one. So just then I went to the toilets and usually go to the second one, but the second one had the lid down.
Speaker 2: Oh so what does that mean you got to touch it? So you don't want to touch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm scared of what's going to be inside. So I went the first one. But then in my mind, I'm going most people, like apparently statistically, choose the first cubicle, which means like it would get used the most. I don't know, so I always try and go the second one. Just a little thought interesting, I reckon everyone would have ad cubicle.
Speaker 2: I just try and go as far away from other people as possible. That's why I don't like the trough or the qubic cool thing is like you know, the little urinals. So I'm like, we don't need to be rubbing elbow as well. I'm trying to you know what I mean, they have that. And also I hardly ever like go like I guess I'm trying to think like whenever I'm out, like I've got a bag with me or I've got something with me, so it's hard to juggle every bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're carrying a bag and then trying to use I like.
Speaker 2: A cubicle because I can hang it on the nook. Yeah you can, you can, I mean on the hook. I could just sit down, scroll on my phone and just chill. You know, I've got stage right though I pulling in public. I just have my whole life.
Speaker 1: I was going to say the same thing. Okay, I cannot know who in a public fucking toilet.
Speaker 2: But even at school nowhere.
Speaker 1: Nah, And I'm like, I'm so embarrassed at the times where like you just you have to like because it's just going to come out. But I simply refuse. And I had this conversation with AJ because AJ just doesn't give a fuck, like and he's like apparently blokes in general just don't really give a fuck that they're just go in and just take the loudest shit. Yeah, I would be mortified. Yeah, I would be imagine if I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the men's stathroom is fucking a symphony orchestra of fuckery. It is the most disgusting place, which is why I often will if I can, like go in the I mean I can't do it at Westfield, but like I'm talking in venues, like I'll go to the girl's toilet or hopefully they have all gendered restrooms or something like that, because oh my god, I can't describe to you and they're coffin and they're and you can just imagine, like the most disgusting sounds are coming out and oh my god, and then half of them are on the phone as well, like talking on the phone. I was doing it. Yes, I think where is the etiquette? Honestly, it's just ridiculous. No, it's a harrowing, harrowing place to be. Sorry, but it's true.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate public toilets. I hate when I need to wean them at the airport, like even just when I need to wei.
Speaker 2: Like Anti, I don't mind a whe can we anywhere, that's fine, But I will say I do. In a public toilet, I always have to wipe the seat before and after and like touching the next person just because I think that's good karma. I've wiped it before I've sat down, I wipe it after I sit down as well. Give it a little give a little polish for the next person. You know what. I hate those when you go into public public transport. Yes, I hate public transport as well, but I hate going into a public toilet and the person before you has absolutely destroyed that place.
Speaker 1: Do people not put toilet paper down first? At home? I pulled a little sheet of toil paper downs. Then there is no skinties none.
Speaker 2: But like they've destroyed the ball. And then you're in there, and then you have to walk out, and someone's going in after you and thinks you.
Speaker 1: Can like trying to cover up that it wasn't you, because I will have to stand.
Speaker 2: Like although I love a sit because I'm lazy, I do love a stand. But the problem is that in the men's bathroom, you it's hard to sit. I'd say seventy percent of the time because there's piss all over the seat, right, which God forbid I would ever need to actually do a number two in public, because how am I sitting down? Got clean up everyone else's mess first, right, It's disgusting, But anyway, there's piss all over the seat, right, And then I do my business standing up, and then I leave, and then whoever goes in after me, Like I was at Broadway Shopping Center, went into the bathroom. It was a fucking crime scene in that bathroom. It was like this on the fucking walls. It was ridiculous, and I obviously did a very accurate aim of a way. But as I left, the cleaner was standing outside the door waiting to go in to clean. And I was mortified because I'm actually gonna think I've just painted the fucking walls like pakasa, We'll go.
Speaker 1: To the toilet correctly.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know. I don't know who's.
Speaker 1: Pissing all over the fucking seat and the floor.
Speaker 2: Why are we even talking about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's close friends, Matt.
Speaker 2: It is close friends. We do talk about these things here. But I think even this is a bit jarring for a Friday morning for some of our some of our strollers. But anyway, what else has been happening in your life this week? I feel like I've not seen your years love?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: Lax? I feel like years love?
Speaker 1: Well in other news in my life? I like, I'm sure you've had the same, Matt, Like, since you've been on social media, have you ever had anyone create a fake profile using your photos?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like back in our YouTube days that.
Speaker 2: Would happen in much more common back then though. Yeah, but oh there's a few TikTok pages that just steal my content and put it up. Ah, but I've had people be on your Tinders, yes, which can I say? Like when I was on there, I was not having much luck on there myself, So I don't know why you've chosen to take my photos and put them on there, because would you not get someone more attractive? Would you not get someone with maybe a six pack with their shirt off? Why are you putting me on there? That's not going to get you very far?
Speaker 1: But anyway, I had the same back in the YouTube days. I'd always get a DM of someone going are you on Tinder? And it's like a screenshot of a profile and it's clearly not me. But it's twenty twenty four. I have got someone that is using my photos, and not only just my photos but screen recordings of my story and they have an Instagram account and they have been posting on it actively since twenty twenty two. For two years, someone has been using and videos of me, and I want to fucking expose them. And I'm trying to also figure out what we actually want to happen here, because am I wanting to tell everyone the usernames so they can go and report it and get them taken down. Like what do we want the outcome of this to be?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Just just for Greg?
Speaker 2: Heah, well, how did you come across this?
Speaker 1: A guy messaged me on my Facebook page and sent a bunch of screenshots and said something along the lines of like is this you? I've been talking to you for weeks, but like I think he'd figured out that he'd been catfished, and he sent me screenshots of this account on Insta And so I went to look for the account on Instagram, couldn't find it, so I'm clearly blocked. But then I switched to our fate account. Looked it up. There it is, but the account's on private, so I can't see what is on the account, but I could see from like his one screenshot, this person has a full profile highlights of my stories from the last two year is and then just feed posts, and even the feed posts are screenshots of like my recent stories today. And what we've done is we've gotten producer Hannah to follow the account. Because it's private, you can't see shit, but she's followed it from her dog's Instagram account because we didn't want them to suspect that you know me because you follow me, Hannah. And so now we have got access to this fake account, Matt, and we can take a little scroll through and see what it is.
Speaker 2: What's on there?
Speaker 1: Do you want to do the honors?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Are we going to say the user name? Do we want people to go and DM them or do we want people to report them?
Speaker 2: What? No? No, no, no no. Not a quick recap of my life until now. And have you seen this?
Speaker 1: It's a video?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this video? But it's a video. It's got a baby photo of you. You look and drunk, your dogs, you with a bloody nose.
Speaker 1: This is Do you know how old these are?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wonder where they've come from. You with sunglasses on. I don't even know who that is you crying? Like, why have they gotten a screenshot of you crying?
Speaker 1: These are screenshots from my stories Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh there's you opening Fate Newcastle. This is you in the pool with all the girls. It says you are never too old to set another goal, or a dream, or to dream a new dream. In the end, we only regret the chances we did not take. Enjoy the little things in life. For one day you may look back and realize there were they were the big things. This is from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: This person has been going at it end. Hannah has been obviously following this account for like a week now. They post stories every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see what also the do we want to give the name yet? Yeah? Why not? The online journal of Underscore Olivia Underscore.
Speaker 1: The online so that's the username.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the online journal of all one.
Speaker 1: Word Underscore Underscore. It's on private today. What do we want people to do? Do we want them to just follow it?
Speaker 2: Just follow it, just follow.
Speaker 1: It, don't like message them and say we know, yeah, blah blah blah, just follow it and go fucking look, but.
Speaker 2: Maybe follow and then start interacting surely, like comment comment funny for comments, and then we'll be reading the comments of people.
Speaker 1: Come, please go and support this person. But it makes me sick because it's a full fucking profile.
Speaker 2: But also sorry the man. Sorry to cut you off. But the man that messaged you, so were they scamming for money?
Speaker 1: And he said they weren't scamming for anything, and then he started to get a little bit weird with me, so I stopped replying because I replied to him initially, I was like, I'm so sorry about this because I wanted more information. I was like, what did they say or whatever? And that's when he sent me the screenshots of the profile. But he said they didn't scam me for any money or anything. Here, let me read you out his messages to me, and the last couple just got a bit too weird, So I, oh, now he's gone. His profile was gone anyway, his name was Greg. It says his name is user, but I can still see our messages. I just said sorry about that, and he said, way to go with producing such a great podcast in business. And I was like, oh, that's nice. I said, thanks. He said, the funny thing is they weren't asking for money or anything. I'll tell you this is when it got weird, Matt. He said, yeah, the funny thing is they weren't asking for money or anything. I'll tell you what they did make me fall in love with you lol. And that's when I was like, oh no, I'm going to stop riting back to this poor guy named Greg. And then he said, wish you the best in your future. Thank goodness. They had your company logo on a shirt that I caught today, and then you were the model with your information below. I said, holy shit, you're a super sexy supermodel. Have a good night. Like That's how the combo ended. So in one of my fake scammers posts, I must have been wearing one of our tops that say Fate on the chest. Then I'm guessing he's looked up Fate and that's how he's discovered because he was in like America or something.
Speaker 2: Well, she's in Fort Worth, Texas, so she's pretending that she's in Fort Worth, Texas. She's got some photos that you've posted, some little selfies here.
Speaker 1: These are my stories, like That's what freaks me out is this person is watching my stories and screenshot because that's not a feed post of mine. Yeah, it's they're screenshotting my stories and then making feed posts out of them.
Speaker 2: And the caption says, just a couple selfies from church. Don't lose faith because things are not You're going your way. Remember before there was light, there was darkness. In time everything will fall into place, And God, will you understand why you had to wait? Not this. The more I love myself, the more capable I become of loving others.
Speaker 1: But why me? Like, who is this person? Why are they picking me to use my fucking why me? Like, you use fucking anyone? And all of the comments on the posts are from men, and all of the followers are men, so I think they are scamming men. Maybe they just didn't get to that point with Greg who contacted me.
Speaker 2: This is so weird.
Speaker 1: It's and I hate that they're following me on another account and they have me blocked. That's the story screenshot Matt.
Speaker 2: Like this, but God, this is so strange.
Speaker 1: All of you go and follow the Instagram account and look at the feed picks. They are not feed picks they're screenshots and my fucking story, they're spending their time screenshotting, cropping.
Speaker 2: Oh, they've posted your Taylor Swift transition and that's where that's where the fate label is. Okay, this is so wild.
Speaker 1: I mean ten out of ten for effort.
Speaker 2: But I just my thing is, I don't understand the incentive behind this.
Speaker 1: They must be dming people. I reckon, they're a scammer.
Speaker 2: But but what about that guy that they've made fall in love with you?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's the whole thing. Maybe they scam people over a period of time and then scam them it, okay, like do the big scam at the end.
Speaker 2: I mean I guess.
Speaker 1: So anyway, everyone go and follow that account do we reckon, don't report, but just follow it and go look see.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously we don't. But my only thing with that is if we send people over there too, now that I'm thinking about it more, if we send people over to like have a laugh, it also may validate theirs. No, it may validate they might look a little bit more legit, meaning it will be easier to scam other people if they are scamming people. Because my thing is, even though they didn't scam that guy. What is the incentive? What is the purpose of.
Speaker 1: Maybe go follow, have a stalk, and then unfollow.
Speaker 2: And don't forget. This has happened for over two years, so it's like, I just wonder. I almost want to follow and start a conversation with the What don't we.
Speaker 1: Make a fake account? We should engage with this person?
Speaker 2: We should, and then we will see where it goes and you'll see, hmm, we'll scam the scammer. Yeah. Interesting. Imagine it's just like a hobby, like all.
Speaker 1: They yeah, or what if it's just like a confidence boost for this person. They're not actually scamming anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, I don't know that's anyway. Interesting. Well, there you go. That's your little tidbit of the day for Close Friends. Brittany's out here scamming people, but it's not really her plot.
Speaker 1: It's actually me.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, Well, thanks for joining us for Close Friends. Absolutely bloody love you and we'll see you on Tuesday with our main episode. Have a good weekend.