Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Are thrilled to welcome the legend, the myth Jujo Sea Oh come had it cute up, ready to go.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe we're looking at you.
Speaker 2: They saw an article in the newspaper that you were coming, and there was a big of view in front of flint Of Street and we were like, is this some sort of cruel joke that they are saying she's coming?
Speaker 1: But she never will and here.
Speaker 3: You are here, here she is No, not a cruel joke at all. I'm very much so here, very much so excited to be here. Melbourne actually happens to be like one of my.
Speaker 4: Favorite cities in the world. Why ever, since I was little, I just had a special special bond with Melbourne. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: And now I have friends that live here and I don't know, just it's it's like I always have when I was all.
Speaker 4: Like I want to live in Australia. I want to live in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Like that, you.
Speaker 5: Should purchase a holiday house here, vacation great idea. Now you're here for always live.
Speaker 6: You're performing not if you're in Melbourne, people can go and see you for the summer Camps, tramp party.
Speaker 5: Yes, what can we expect from this performance?
Speaker 1: To save Oh boy?
Speaker 3: It's it's a fun set. It's a really fun set. It's my actual, my longest set that I've ever ever done.
Speaker 4: And so it's seven seven songs.
Speaker 3: In the last few years, obviously I had a tour where it was much more, but seven songs. It was the first time I'm performing my new song Iced Coffee, and first time I'm performed my song Guilty Pleasure, So we got a lot of first happening.
Speaker 1: It's the first time Guilty Pleasures of the Wind.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's fabulous, Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's y'all.
Speaker 3: I always I love to talk about gee Flip I. I make up an excuse anytime I can to bring them up. But earlier, actually last year, right around this time, they taught me how to drum. They gave me a drum lesson and ever since then, I fall in love with the drums and they become one of my best friends, and they've helped me out here and there with them, and tonight actually is my first time ever performing the drums, and they're going to be there to watch. So I'm I'm I'm so thrilled about it, so terrified. It's so scared about.
Speaker 2: Foot each that you should look up. You know, I'm gonna sound like an old lady. Your mamould know this. Karen Carpenters sang and played the drums and there's an amazing little piece of.
Speaker 1: Footage on Instagram. I'll find it. It's a great drum in Spo.
Speaker 3: I like, I'm like, stay dial then stay focused, Like, don't flip that Flip's there, Like, just stay stay focused. There's just so much pressure with them drumming. Even anytime I post a video of me drumming on my close friends story, there's something that they you see. I'm like, oh, dear boy, here they here they go.
Speaker 4: They're going to see it.
Speaker 6: Do you get to hang out with g Flip and Christelle when they're in La or are your schedule nuts?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: We do, we do.
Speaker 3: We Obviously it's very difficult because our schedules are very nuts, but we definitely make time, especially especially Flip and I Chrishelle. We've only hung out a couple of times, but we're actually getting like a little bit closer, which has been really nice.
Speaker 2: So what do you do when you're hanging out such a great.
Speaker 3: Question actually to honestly, like literally just can chat chat it up? And they're they're like family. Flip has really become like an older sibling team.
Speaker 1: Cook, Like do you go to seven eleven?
Speaker 3: We typically order, we typically order. Last night we ordered Chinese food.
Speaker 1: What's you order? What's your Chinese order?
Speaker 4: I got some noodles. They were like egg noodles of chicken. They were very good for lunch.
Speaker 3: Some great Chinese Rushian. I couldn't tell you where, but yeah, we actually we made it this fun game one time.
Speaker 4: It's called Dreams.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: We made up that I don't know, but it's basically like you play a song and then the other person was like commit to like really selling the song.
Speaker 4: And it's our fun game called Dreams.
Speaker 1: We play it now.
Speaker 4: No, you have to be in like a really interesting mood to play dreams.
Speaker 1: I'm never interested. We'll hang out.
Speaker 7: We'll hang out and then okay, but why do you call it dreams exactly?
Speaker 4: I have no idea Flip came up.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's so intriguing.
Speaker 2: I need to talk to you about Abby Lee Miller because I'm for your mental health. Because my daughter wanted me to watch it and I said, yes, I love all that stuff. And I watched three episodes and I said, Pig, I cannot watch another second of that woman verbally abusing these more children that I'm not. I said, if that woman spoke to you like that, I would live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look for me, it was a little different because I knew what I was getting myself into with the TV show, but and meeting Abby and being a part of the team. But I think I craved that sort of you know what I mean, And like, I don't know, I I think that I also know that like sixty hours a week is what we were together, and then what was actually aired was forty two minutes, and so like, of course, the most entertaining is what's going to be aired, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But you know, there's some stuff that I watch back and.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn, yeah, damn.
Speaker 5: Can I say as well, it's really.
Speaker 4: She's very good to me. Now, let me say that she's very good to me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: It's really nice to say that you're so open to believe about talking about Dance Moms, because I feel like a lot of people move on from those types of shows and want to like forget it or pretend it to happen.
Speaker 3: So that blows my mind, because like it is such a massive part of my past. I love this show and I will always I will always love Dance Moms. I will always care about it, and I will never ever when I race it.
Speaker 4: For my past.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I was on a TV show twenty one years ago, and there are some people that have done the same show that never want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love talking about it because I know the answers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I can't make it up to be anything about it your experience. Yeah I can be you know, I can answer it yep. Whereas if they ask me a harder questions, I don't know the answers. Yeah we know about that, brother, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can talk about it for days exactly.
Speaker 6: How have you found always been in the limelight and such a public figure from such a young age.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's almost like you were built for it. Do you feel like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's for everybody at all. But I was a very different kind of child. I was very very different as a young young ling, and I don't know it just kind of I feel like it really is that, Like I really was shaped to be this and it's I want to.
Speaker 1: Talk to your mom about it.
Speaker 5: Do you struggle what do you struggle with been so famous? Now? Is there anything like the social media everything?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of struggles. But at the end of the day, like I chose it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I always I have this thing with tattoos, like you cannot be like it hurts because like you're choosing to go get it, you know what I mean. And so that's my thing with fame, like any of the hardships that come with it, I'm continuing to choose it.
Speaker 1: You know, favorite thing about everybody knowing who you are.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing is getting to see people watch me through their eyes.
Speaker 4: There it was just this little girl.
Speaker 3: Her name is Kailani, and I love this little kiddo with all my heart. She's three years old. I met her in Starbucks and her mom's become a friend and just the kids Jojo obsessed and she's new Jojo obsess.
Speaker 4: To not even old Jojo. She likes Jojo and Blue.
Speaker 3: She asked me, She asked me if I could get her a blue souvenir and say hi to Blue in Australia.
Speaker 4: I was like, absolutely anything for you, kiddo.
Speaker 3: Anyways, she came to watch my show and watching her little young eyes just like light up with your joy like you cannot you cannot force that kind of joy. And so to see that it just like immelts my heart. Whether that be from a three year old or from thirty year older, from a nine year old, it just it's magic, amazing.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show Jojo see what we cannot believe it?
Speaker 4: That is me.
Speaker 1: How are we?
Speaker 2: I mean we've known you since how how old were you when we started in dance.
Speaker 1: Mom nine nine?
Speaker 2: It's been long twelve years believable, and you have been You've started multi million dollar bo business.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've been just extraordinary.
Speaker 2: One of the most interesting parts of your story is coming out tell us how that happened and whether or not it.
Speaker 5: Just did one day.
Speaker 3: Just know, I had a best friend who I was like, oh, it's not a best friend. And I was always open, always loved the LGBTQ IA plus community, but you know, just never never thought that that was me. But also never liked boys, and I just didn't know I was young. And yeah, anyways, I was sixteen, fell in love with my best friend. We ended up actually dating for nine months, had a beautiful relationship friends to the day like its great. But yeah, coming out actually I was a very natural thing. I mean I kind of share everything with the world to some extent, and so that was like I didn't feel a need to hide it at all and just.
Speaker 4: Was like, yeah, this is this is me, this is this is this.
Speaker 1: And did it feel good?
Speaker 2: Because you would have been inundated with messages from other young people that had been struggling with this.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I'm glad I did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think what always felt good to me is like the actually the older people that would say like I wish I had somebody like you as a kid, That to me was like amazing. That made me feel bed because there's kids now that do someone like me, you know what I mean, It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: I recently saw you on Call Her Daddy and the podcast, and you were talking about how much you loved Miley's Bangers, mir Ever and how did that sort of help you with your rebrand at the start of the year.
Speaker 4: I absolutely did.
Speaker 3: I mean I I from a very young age, I've been very inspired by Miley Cyrus. I obviously handed Montana, you know, and that was a massive part of my childhood career and then growing in being an at all. It was for sure, I looked at Bangers as one of my biggest inspirations. I look at Bangers, Freddie Mercury, Midiyaga all my biggest inspirations. And yeah, Miley is a genius, and I think the flip she made was brilliant and I to even be like compared a little bit to that, it just like it's like Dangle achieved.
Speaker 2: Is Moley the one that's recently said that she won't be touring anymore because I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Very Yeah, it's very hard. It's a lot of pressure, but Caly, I personally love it.
Speaker 4: I'm on that stage.
Speaker 6: Immediately put together a fun radio game that we want to.
Speaker 5: Lies. Google has told.
Speaker 2: Me, I've just been staring into your beautiful eyes, John, I've forgotten my little list, all right.
Speaker 1: We have Googled you and Google lies.
Speaker 4: Google does lie.
Speaker 2: Google lized like one after the other, time after time. I'm going to sell to you some lies. I'm gonna tell you some things that Google said about you.
Speaker 1: Tell me it's true or not?
Speaker 5: Got you?
Speaker 1: Judjo se Whar is obsessed with unicorns.
Speaker 4: A lie see but when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah but lie, you once made a giant cereal bowl.
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 4: In about them?
Speaker 1: You talk to your merchandise.
Speaker 3: I did used to do that. That is very weird now that you say that out loud.
Speaker 4: I did used to.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what would that sound like?
Speaker 4: I'd be like, hello, bobo dog, how you doing today? Like I I really I really would, I really would.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite scenes on Keeping Up with the Kardashians was Northwest coming to your house yep, and him going into your merch room and Kim facetiming everyone to show her just on your merch room being like.
Speaker 1: This is what we need.
Speaker 2: It didn't North go, my mom says you Charlie.
Speaker 1: She and Kim was like.
Speaker 3: Kim was like, oh, there was just one part that we're north made of mass and Kim was like, where's your boom?
Speaker 4: I'll sweep And I was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Cindrella, I was like, you're nice, sing my flora.
Speaker 1: She said, thank you so much. I don't know how to sweep. Jojo sleeps with twelve pillows.
Speaker 4: Definitely not one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, a pillow minimalist.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Your house is called JoJo's Candy Mansion.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not got JoJo's frat house.
Speaker 1: Right now? How you used to glue bows to your head?
Speaker 3: Zip tie not gluep How would that work some way? Like they don't come out while I'm performing?
Speaker 5: Would you do it through your hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Super? Your favorite place to sing is in the shower?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably, but I would I show down stage, so I would say, lie.
Speaker 2: You have recently? And no, you often wear head to toe glittered to bed. Never you've had more than six hair colors at once. Yes, you wrote a song about rejection at age twelve.
Speaker 3: I mean kind of you're kind of considered only getting better about rejection.
Speaker 1: Let me see what else we've got here. It's a fun game. It's good, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Do you still have the Tesla.
Speaker 1: With your face on it?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it sounds so crazy anytime I say it like this, but I have a Lamborghini with my face on it icon but that I have the Tesla?
Speaker 1: And what color is the Lamborghini? Place?
Speaker 3: It's I mean, it's my face, so it's like just a bunch of my faces.
Speaker 1: You are a left hander.
Speaker 4: I am not. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: And let's finish on a real big one. You love pickles?
Speaker 4: I love pickles?
Speaker 5: Do you so good?
Speaker 1: Do you like those ones that they just come in a bag?
Speaker 4: One one big, so delicious, Like that's.
Speaker 6: Amazing, Jojo, thank you so much for coming in to Jojo performing in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Exclusively for Always Live.
Speaker 6: Tonight at Summer Camps Tramp Party.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. The Chrissy Swan Show. We are thrilled.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show star and beloved actor Hugo Weaving. We've loved him in Babe the Matrix, allt of the Rings, Priscilla, Quid of the Desert, and now we are set to love him in the new movie How to Make Gravy, which streams on Binge from Sunday.
Speaker 1: Welcome Hugo Weaving, Hi Christy.
Speaker 2: I am so excited for this feature film because the song how to Make Gravy by Paul Kelly is one of the most.
Speaker 1: Beloved ditties in this country.
Speaker 2: When you first read the script, did you say, oh my God, of course this is a movie waiting to happen.
Speaker 8: Actually, I heard that the film was going to be made, and I thought, what a brilliant idea, because I love the song and I just thought it was the most fantastic idea for a film set around Christmas, about who we are in Australia now, about family, about Missy, your family, about all the all the typical familial problems we have around Christmas time. Yeah, and so I was really excited that the film was being made, and then and then I got to read the script and that was even more excited.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, and you play the kindly lifer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a character.
Speaker 8: Most of the characters in the film Paul has written about in the in the song, and so the family members are all written about, although you don't know who's who in the song, You've just got a list of names. But Megan Washington and Nick Waterman, who the co writers and Nick's the director of the of the film, created some characters in the prison as well, which is where Joe's writing his letter home from. And there's a character in the prison called Noll who's a lifer. So he's he's obviously done something a long time ago that he he is in jail for for the rest of his life, but he's reconstructed himself and he runs the men's group and he runs the kitchen in jail, and he kind of acts as a father figure for Joe. And because it's a Christmas movie, there's sort of Santa Claus echoes in.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean the lyrics of the song. We all know Dan and Joe and Reader and Mary and Roger. And I'm sure the way that Paul Kelly wrote this song just evokes visuals. I can't believe that I'm going to be able to sit and watch this song come to life.
Speaker 8: It is a quintessential Australian ballad, really, and it's about all of our families, and it's about a specific family, and it feels specific. And the way in which is beautiful production designed with his film, and it's set sort of now and sort of when the song was written. It's been elegantly created this world. It feels very true, feels very real, but it also has a timeless quality to it. I think it'll be really very warmly embraced by people all around the country.
Speaker 2: And I also love that it's not an American Christmas vibe. It's like we've all got you know, Tim Allen, Santa Claus, that's what we've been left with, or The Grinch or whatever.
Speaker 1: But Christmas in Australia, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've just always felt it's a bit melancholy and it's hot, and it's everything it shouldn't be. And I feel like this film is going to encapsulate.
Speaker 8: That it does, and I'm sure it'll be embraced by everyone because of that. Really, it's a celebration of who we are. It's not about other people.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: It's so exciting streaming on Binge from December one, which is this Sunday Hugo. I remember as a young boy seeing you on the screen for the first time in Priscilla, and I think only now as sort of an adult, I've realized how much that movie meant to me growing up and hearing and seeing headlines that there's potentially a sequel in the works is really exciting. Can you speak to that or give us a little nugget of gold on what's happening?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, we've been talking to Stephan Ellitt, who wrote and directed Priscilla way back when, and Guy Pearce and I and Terence Stamp have been we're all sort of on board with the you know, the the new the new Priscilla and where are the girls now? What are they up to? What's happening in their lives? And I mean the idea of doing a sequel is you have to have a very good reason to go back and do something like that. But there's a there's a it's a great idea, and so we've all pitched in. We're all on board, and there are scripts we've read and being worked on, and there's money in the wings and so hopefully next year, if all the Stars alone will will be will be filming. But yeah, that's that's where we're at with it. It's exciting project daunching as well challenging. But I don't like doing things that aren't challenging. So when I get a bit worried, that's probably a good sign for me.
Speaker 2: Before you went all in, Hugo, did you make sure that your legs still look great in your pair of stockings?
Speaker 8: And I hope so well. I will have to get myself in shape.
Speaker 6: You go, please stick around. We want to play a quick game with you after this. Make sure you stream how to Make Gravy. It's on Binge from December one, which is this Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, we want to play the game, but I want to play how to Make Gravy the song by Paul Kelly.
Speaker 5: Now right now, do we have it? I'm not losing my job for this, though you are.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it's worth it. The Chrissy Swan Show and star of the Today Show and Carol's by Candlelight eight a pm, a Charistmas Eve only.
Speaker 1: On Channel nine. It is Sarah Arbo. Thank you for sticking around.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 9: I don't want to leave. Can I just stay in here?
Speaker 5: Please? All right?
Speaker 1: We'd love that us set up a little desk in the corner for you.
Speaker 6: You know how Spotify do their Spotify Wrap. Yes, we're going to do a News unwrapped unfair Welcome to the twenty twenty four News Unwrapped with Chrissy Swan and Sarah.
Speaker 1: Not a minute.
Speaker 2: Sarah Harvo is an actual journalist news person.
Speaker 1: Are we going to do? Are we going to do? Audi special by rap Nix?
Speaker 10: You can tell me what I should be buying a price like no, but listen, I've been on holidays Christy for two weeks and my brain has turned to mushed mush, so you won't see.
Speaker 9: I can't even talk. So you and me are on an even playing field.
Speaker 1: We never are, you know, at any level.
Speaker 6: This is entertainment news in there as well. We talk about that stuff every day. Here we go, alright, it's going to be the best of five. Whoever wins, Oh dear, I will shout the next dinner. I already owe you a dinner, and then I will shout us.
Speaker 5: To dinner one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sarah can come to ours?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Chrissy's birthday contos and I bought her a dinner at batad.
Speaker 9: We are shouting, tom, how beautiful?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: How am I not already invite fun? Is it be great?
Speaker 6: Alrighty?
Speaker 5: Question number one?
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty four kicked off with Taylor Swift's ears tour here in Australia. Who was her supporter cover?
Speaker 5: Yes, Aarvo, She's quick.
Speaker 9: She was our biggest guest of the year on the Today Show.
Speaker 10: Obviously came into the studio the Sabrina Carpenter huge. I'm actually obsessed with her, like every single one of her songs on Rebate.
Speaker 2: Too Soon, I know she soon didn't care. None of us did.
Speaker 9: Where were the we're the ogs? Come on, we were fans from the start.
Speaker 5: You guys did get around her already.
Speaker 1: One point I stayed at home for the supporter one nail woman.
Speaker 5: Certain I look turned to our boss Sarah and said, who's this chick?
Speaker 1: I regret that, don't we.
Speaker 5: Just Question number two?
Speaker 6: In February, which US comedian was criticized for asking a mum to leave his comedy show.
Speaker 10: Oha, oh god, Archbaker, Yes, yes, oh, this is a beat up. You were just talking about you too, alrighty.
Speaker 5: Question number three, this is for the alrighty trying.
Speaker 9: I still want all five of them competitive. I want them more.
Speaker 1: Wipe to the.
Speaker 5: Floor with me, okay.
Speaker 6: In June, everyone was having a brat summer with Charlie x X. Can you name the color that has become synonymous green?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: Her name?
Speaker 1: First? Am I supposed to.
Speaker 5: You got in? She's still got in just before. She's competitive?
Speaker 9: I am, I'm so competitive alright.
Speaker 6: In May, which Australian billionaire demanded their portrait be removed from the display.
Speaker 5: Stop it.
Speaker 9: I didn't know we were saying names her name out, you know.
Speaker 5: Gina Rhighte Hart Swany's look alike.
Speaker 9: So the actually was that portrait of you?
Speaker 5: Christy?
Speaker 2: It don't make sense now same I sat for it and dose style.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is for the wind. This is question number five. While which Bank recently had to backtrack on.
Speaker 1: The noank, common Cheetah and competitive.
Speaker 5: Deal, still one.
Speaker 9: No I want no, I said the answer first. We all know what your name is.
Speaker 5: Alright, now are you two dinners?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'll just take the one. It's going to be hard for me to even book that.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, but we love you. Thanks for coming in.
Speaker 6: Make sure you watch Carol's by Candlelight eight pm Christmas Eve only on Channel nine.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to hold you to the promise to be the first guest on our show next year.
Speaker 1: You've got me.
Speaker 9: I'm all yours.
Speaker 4: The Christy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 2: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Novo podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: Do are you