Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren'll start in morning the right way.
Speaker 3: Be great.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren men Ogel one hundred.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Melbourne. Welcoming a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, good morning. It's going to be a beautiful Wednesday today too.
Speaker 3: What's the weather sparkling?
Speaker 1: I believe the weather today is.
Speaker 3: The top of thirty four thirty four.
Speaker 1: Thirty four today Melbourne.
Speaker 3: That is a spin.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixth for the rest of the way. Geez, I'm loving it. Yesterday was gorgeous in the summer.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was an lf star. She was an amster.
Speaker 1: Clinton. You wouldn't know you weren't here you yesterday?
Speaker 3: Sorry you hanging with the Prime Minister PM at Terribilly House.
Speaker 1: Now he's elbow.
Speaker 4: Do you know what else?
Speaker 2: Getting into Kurabillity House is not a great deal of like I called it. It was just it was sort of like, oh, yeah, there's your name, like you're going to a lunch.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure there is I'm sure there's more to it.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm the same as you. I reckon you could have rocked up with an Amazon package or maybe not a round box here. You definitely can't do that. So our mates in Sydney at Nova hosted a backyard cricket match at Kirabilly House.
Speaker 1: It's nice of them to invite all of us.
Speaker 3: Clint Well, we are not certified cricket commentators long.
Speaker 1: Though I once got a hat trick in year three cricket.
Speaker 3: Did you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did against the boys.
Speaker 3: Should have went one to play women's cricket. We could interview.
Speaker 1: That was my debut and retirement all in the same day.
Speaker 4: To the champions Trophy is on it the moment?
Speaker 1: To be fair, I heard some of Clint's commentary. Oh yeah, when not sure you're a cricket commentator either on the social watch Yeah at one point you went, or you're on the microphone you want to be commentating? You went, oh yeah, that's nice lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much the theme of it. That's what they do in the commentary box. Take me back to Kiribilly House. Sorry, right, you walk in? Yes, a few cops.
Speaker 1: Around, so the Prime Minister's house.
Speaker 2: So like, what's your name? I said, click? Stand away? They said, I d yep, you're on the list.
Speaker 1: Have a good day your right.
Speaker 3: You wander down the road? Right is there cops and yeah, like but are they around that like they roam them?
Speaker 2: They were actually fielding fielding snipers.
Speaker 3: You need to lower your expectations. It is not like the White House. There'd be no dogs, no sniper.
Speaker 1: You just wouldn't say them.
Speaker 4: No way, the Feds are fielding. There's one that silly mid off.
Speaker 1: What it's called, Yeah, silly mid. I saw the Prime Minister bought his dog. Did he fetch the ball a couple of times too? Nah?
Speaker 2: No, No, that dog doesn't fetch. It was just there for decoration.
Speaker 1: He also he doesn't spend much time at Kirabilly House though, does he.
Speaker 4: More a lodge guy?
Speaker 3: He said? Yeah, all right, So what would Shana give me the update?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How did it look old? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like the inside needs a bit of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I don't think they're allowed to spend that much money on it because it's actually our house.
Speaker 1: I'd be people, but surely he'd have a little wing that he can put up his own arm though.
Speaker 2: It'd be a good party spot on that grass. Oh yeah, Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 1: I mean the Prime Minister should have a good view from his home. You'd think does he throw many parties there?
Speaker 2: I asked him about that. We'll play it a bit later.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I can't wait to find out what sort of house party's Elbows having.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Clinton threw a few photos from inside the house which I want to chat about particular, which, yeah, really throwing me for six? Yeah? Is that a cricket heeds? Give me here? There we go. Sorry, I was waiting for the Women's queen to pick me out there. Hey, before we get to elbow, Clint, You've got some breaking news for us in the world of entertainment.
Speaker 1: Dickie Wilkins is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Astray is song for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Speaker 1: Hang on, before we get to the song, is it like Darmi or someone we know?
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't aware of this artist go Joe go j O.
Speaker 1: As in Getta Jojo and It's too let I can't wait for.
Speaker 2: You to be It's an intriguing song.
Speaker 1: It's what's it called?
Speaker 2: Go Jo go Jo's the artist? Milkshake man is the bring all the milkshake.
Speaker 3: Re record with you?
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not a europe.
Speaker 1: Vision but you've always said a milkshake.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think it's going to appeal to your stomach.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is well clean. Wants to play it in full play it?
Speaker 1: Play it like switch off? Please don't switch.
Speaker 2: Off by saying it's very Eurovision.
Speaker 3: Should we do a trust thing ring if you hate it?
Speaker 1: No, but or ring if you love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, all right, this is negative.
Speaker 1: It's odd wow, thirteen twenty four to ten. Tell us what you think of a.
Speaker 4: Vision here?
Speaker 3: It is on over that I love it.
Speaker 1: We should play it again at eight o'clock. The kids love it? That is it needs a run a ship.
Speaker 3: Yours or lactose free?
Speaker 1: What about the special crem ruller.
Speaker 4: That's going to.
Speaker 3: Sad? Sad thing? Is this will be the year at I love it?
Speaker 1: When I what does he say? When I say shake it? You say sweet?
Speaker 2: He says, honey, Look at him he's shake in the front of in the video official video.
Speaker 3: Video.
Speaker 1: I think we need to play it for the kids in.
Speaker 4: A milkshak man.
Speaker 3: Alright, I love it.
Speaker 4: It's fair to say the jury.
Speaker 1: Is still out there.
Speaker 3: You go, you know what it's got.
Speaker 1: It's got a bit of a patar about it there.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling by eight will all be going Hannah.
Speaker 1: Shake shake shake, yeah, shake shake shake, get the milky guys, love it, love it, live it, love it, Go Australia. I'll be in the artist your vision. Jojo not to be confused with Jojo.
Speaker 3: Leave, get out, go Joe. Some stats about go Jo.
Speaker 4: I didn't do go Jo.
Speaker 1: Is that you want to Australian entrance into how old?
Speaker 2: Give me a standby, please?
Speaker 1: It kind of looks like Reuben from Peaking Duck.
Speaker 3: I cannot I'm going to say this, but Brody, can we try and get Jojo?
Speaker 1: Gojo?
Speaker 3: Take?
Speaker 4: His name is actually Marty Zambotto.
Speaker 1: Let's stick with Gojo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 2: More than one billion views across all platforms.
Speaker 1: One billion and one. Now let's get Claire from Edith Vale. She's called through because we did put the call out. That is astray as entrance to Eurovision Melbourne. It has just been launched. We loved it, Claire from Edith Vale. What do you think?
Speaker 7: I hate it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You and Jason together a couple of miserable old Melbourne.
Speaker 3: You know what, Claire, it's starting to grow.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a grower?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: There it is a deep dive produces results. So Milkshake Man Clint was written by Gojo alongside members of Shepherd Your Friends.
Speaker 3: It's just a Shepherd vibe.
Speaker 1: Remember when Shep did an interview at our old radio station and got locked in the lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's all right, lift, don't mind it.
Speaker 3: They were lucky that day they didn't make it to the building. Here we go one morning. That another fact.
Speaker 2: The Milkshake Man's purpose is to inspire people to embrace the loudest and proudest version of themselves. And I can't think of a better place to share that message than in Basil a Eurovision.
Speaker 3: That was the quote.
Speaker 1: I love it. Joel crazy is he's still hosting Eurovision?
Speaker 3: I don't think no, I know.
Speaker 1: He loves your vision.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this has got Joel all over, doesn't Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think we should get right behind it.
Speaker 2: I'm pleased to say first play.
Speaker 1: They only announced it this morning, didn't they.
Speaker 3: We don't know that Triple M could be spinning it right now.
Speaker 1: Chinging, all right, put Milkshake Man back on.
Speaker 3: Okay, getting rid of that, Well, Jack's.
Speaker 1: Frothen it from Dandy Nong. He's called through Jack Jack Morning.
Speaker 4: I am absolutely.
Speaker 1: Jacky Jack, I'm all about a milkshake.
Speaker 2: Jack, I say sweet, sweet, you say.
Speaker 3: Cranbrow tops of thirty four Today, she's going to be a sparkler. Perfect weather to head down to the arrow and go for a dip.
Speaker 1: I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: There's a group of swimmers who are going to start swimming in the raw. They want to start swimming.
Speaker 4: Closed to go down to the arrow.
Speaker 2: Now, chuck the budgies on and I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's against the law. It is illegal.
Speaker 1: So there's just a certain part.
Speaker 3: I think you certain part take around that Crown area because it's go boats everywhere, the rowers rollers, So I don't.
Speaker 4: Think anywhere you can safely get in and get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that little pool on our float.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's actual proper clean water.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think i'd want to be in the swimm in the ara over, although you've done it clean.
Speaker 3: I jumped in when you're a birdman swimming.
Speaker 1: We had to sort of swim out.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this yesterday. I got an idea, why don't I collect some water today on the way home. I'll take it down to Arthur at Morabin Poolworks. I'll bring the poolworks Rabin water report tomorrow on the Arrah.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, and then we'll make a decision.
Speaker 3: Okay, you'd be proud of me. Went down to Crown yesterday after the show.
Speaker 1: Did you collect the watering in like a.
Speaker 3: Little plastic thing that I get at the pool shop?
Speaker 1: Oh, an actual light like a pH like a specimen.
Speaker 3: Specimen bottle. So I did get a few weird looks out in the front of Crown when I was hanging over the edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to go down to where the boat ramps are so it's like a ground level.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm leaning over trying to scoop it up.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was doing. There's like a little jetty there, so I walk down, but then I have to get down on my hands and knees.
Speaker 4: And Jesus doing it tough.
Speaker 3: Can't afford Mount Franklin. There were some people just watching like what is he doing?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 3: Anyway, took it down to see author that pool works, my rabin here to get my water tested.
Speaker 2: Here is Arthur, a typical sort of pool guy screams like really.
Speaker 3: Deep tan.
Speaker 1: Work in the shop. What does he go to people's houses.
Speaker 3: No, he's more of the shop than the hot stallion pool. He's not sure. Shorts not like. God love him, God love him, But I don't know how to feel with the shorts. That probably gives it away a little bit. It does sort off.
Speaker 1: You never met a hot Arthur. My old dentist's name was Arthur. Let's see only the other Arthur.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Very handsome is he? It was my friend's dab.
Speaker 3: Sleepover. I've got the results. This is concerning. So when you get your water tested, they check all the different things.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't know because we don't have as much money as Chase.
Speaker 3: Please, it's a small pool.
Speaker 1: In the pool, I've got what about you, Clint?
Speaker 3: Test the salt levels. He's the concerning bit.
Speaker 4: It's very salty.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it wouldn't be salted.
Speaker 3: The salt level is extremely.
Speaker 2: Like what's your god for?
Speaker 4: I was in there and it was very.
Speaker 3: It ain't so it ain't so, which I'm fine and concerning because it's connected to the ocean, like.
Speaker 1: So what's in it?
Speaker 4: It's connected to the bay, which is connected to the ocean.
Speaker 1: Here's connected to the knee bone, connected to the heapbone. I reckon.
Speaker 3: Here's the big one. Phosphates, because whenever I take the pool water in to get checked, they'll be like phosphates. So they'll be like sulfa chuck a bit of phosphate remover in. Basically that's clearing out the kids piss You know people pee in the pool.
Speaker 1: Your kid's pissing the pool.
Speaker 3: No, I've got no pissing in the pool policy.
Speaker 1: My parents used to tell me the water turns bright blue around, so you can't. You could never do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So phosphates, if they're high, you've got to put in the phosphates remove it. Normally it's because kids are pissed in the pool.
Speaker 1: Isn't that The chlorine that does that gets rid of it.
Speaker 3: Chlorine cleans like the algae and stuff in the pool. But the phosphates, to listen to you, the phosphates are actually very.
Speaker 1: Good because no one's in there were in it.
Speaker 2: But I thought, what about the feast, Well that that's it should be showing up, and so no feces in the ara.
Speaker 3: There's no feces.
Speaker 1: Many people are Arthur looked at it. We're doing that in there.
Speaker 3: Are you should have seen them. They're all gathered around the results of poolworks and they're like, it's actually pretty clean.
Speaker 1: Oh it looks so brown you when you poured.
Speaker 3: It out to get tested.
Speaker 1: Dirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of dirt.
Speaker 1: The upside down river.
Speaker 3: But it's actually pretty clean.
Speaker 1: Down thirty six degrees.
Speaker 2: We can swim.
Speaker 3: How hard is it today?
Speaker 1: Thirty four degrees.
Speaker 2: I think the issue is more so after a weather event like a storm.
Speaker 3: Would be up there.
Speaker 2: That's when.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, so did we work out? Did Arthur to there any sharks in it?
Speaker 3: That doesn't come up in the water test. There's a giant fin just sitting in there. Look yeah, no, no, it can't tell it this no thirteen twenty four ten. If you are a rower, or if you've ever been on the arrow and you've seen a shark or.
Speaker 1: A dolphin, Clinton, there's regularly dolphins in there. Yeah, I know if it's regular.
Speaker 3: Like a seal.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure sure you'd get can you go?
Speaker 1: I was sitting at Nobo Crown and I saw a dolphin flapping down the erraw. I think they'd put something funny in my sushi.
Speaker 2: I'm sure of it. Can you google dolphins in the era? Is it an era bottle known bottle known bottle nose. Dolphins swinging the arraw have delighted people walking.
Speaker 4: Past in the morning.
Speaker 1: When was that?
Speaker 4: That was on the fourth of September twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Regular, It's a regular occurrec Did.
Speaker 3: They do it like sea wall they jump out and hit the ball that's hanging up?
Speaker 1: What about they've been playing there?
Speaker 3: Sharks standing by doing a Google thirteen the raw squatted a shark in the raw era.
Speaker 2: No, there are no sharks in the Ara River. The river is fresh water and sharks are typically found in salt water.
Speaker 1: In the Arthur at the bull shop told you that.
Speaker 3: But it's connected to the bay. The base connected to the ocean, and.
Speaker 2: The ocean is connected to the hip bone. Got it.
Speaker 3: We want to talk Pam the Bird.
Speaker 2: Now do you remember Pam the Birds the graffiti?
Speaker 1: I still do we ever get to the bottom of how Pam the Bird got to some of those like scale.
Speaker 3: Hearts drumming out to the airport on the weekend?
Speaker 1: Is there still one on the big French try?
Speaker 3: I was trying to I didn't see the French fry, but I was trying to look in the review mirror to see if the overtail one was.
Speaker 1: Do I think they've got that off?
Speaker 4: Haven't they believe so?
Speaker 1: So if you weren't across it, there was this Pam the Bird graffiti popping up all summer on the no overtail on I think on the French fry of the freeway on the Channel nine. There was a big one at Channel nine on Flinders Straight Clocks.
Speaker 2: There's a few on the freeway overpast signs as well.
Speaker 3: It was everywhere Do we think there's some copy cats out there? Like it's not the original Pam the Bird?
Speaker 1: I think they were all the original pan of the birds. Because then the guy who got arrested and charged, his name's Jack. He got done for vandalism. He's been held in custody for Pam the Birds a few other things. Anyway he's trying to.
Speaker 4: Get is Pam the Bird of flight risk?
Speaker 1: Well I think there are a few things going on with Pam the Birds artists, right joke there, I missed that joke. Sorry anyway, I missed it. Look Pam the Bird. Obviously it was very dangerous where it was going, but I quite liked watching it pop up. Did anyone else get a little bit of joy? And like the straight clocks. Now it's like our own banksy. Everyone knows who he is. Yeah, did you like seeing it pop up?
Speaker 2: It's very conflicting, isn't it, Because I mean I don't know how safe it is.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely not saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I'd rather that than those stupid oranges they put down my way in High I remember those metal orange slices.
Speaker 1: Was that in the unhappy park?
Speaker 3: Or it was just it was just in a park in High and then everyone just graffited them.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Oh they're gone.
Speaker 3: No, No, they're just cab. No, they're terrible and they cost a fortune.
Speaker 1: Anyway. The twenty one year old behind Pam the Bird has put in an application to be released on bail to go and live with his grandmother. Oh that's good, but granny's got involved, and she has said, let me tell you, if he comes home with me, my house, my rules. I've got a pretty good understanding of younger people's behavior. I have a reputation of being firm but fair. She was previously a security guard at folk festivals mon but a security guard at festivals. She's also worked in backpackers and she's across how young people behave.
Speaker 3: She sounds like fun granny.
Speaker 1: She's going to sort him out other than prison stands.
Speaker 3: Fun men sounds wild.
Speaker 1: I reckon tough. Grandparents are ace, you know sometimes mom my dad can be a bit soft, and granny's the one that puts their foot down on things.
Speaker 9: Ye see.
Speaker 3: I like when grandparents become twenty again, they get out there living. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Well, you've always wanted to take one to rect Yes, I've.
Speaker 3: Always wanted to take your grandmothers.
Speaker 4: I think the staircase is an issue.
Speaker 3: I know. That's why we'll probably go circus.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're going to take your grandmother to circus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, find of grannie. It's never been club and.
Speaker 1: Take cool grannies. I want to know in Melbourne thirteen twenty four ten, do you have a cool grandma or a cool grandpa?
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 1: We spoke to that girl once whose grandmother dated her friend.
Speaker 3: Can we find a grandparent with a gaming chair?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, you know what I mean, a gaming granny, gaming grannie, not like a Pokey's gaming granny.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: Maybe you are the cool grandparent.
Speaker 3: Do you have a cool grandparent, and what do they do. They replaced knitting for I don't know, nightclubbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not talking about aqua aerobics.
Speaker 1: We're talking I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: We're talking about wild.
Speaker 1: Maybe you've got a bodybuilding granny. Maybe you are a bodybuilding granny extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Maybe when grannie's going to g sack, it's not for aqua aerobics. She's getting up on the diving book. Oh yeah, sick ten meters high? Do on the flips?
Speaker 1: There as living on those things.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I reckon do a hip out. Yeah, you have to, yes, thirteen twenty four to. I mean when the walking frame hits the water, she just did the pin drop thirteen twenty four ten. I don't think she's coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can go go excu I if you don't go straight, you can really Like if.
Speaker 3: You seen on those Red Bull cliff dives, they normally like throw a rock or something in first to break the water. Yeah. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Are there any cool grandparents out there? You join us on the year. I've got two hundred dollars Cogan vouchers up for grabs this morning. Cogan dot com helps you get what you want for less Cogan dot com. That is clicking awesome, you know, cl cool grandparent, give us a ring Here at Novar we are looking for cool grandparents this morning.
Speaker 1: Coo, cool grunnies, cool grandparents come out us thirteen twenty four ten. I love a cool grunny Like they're still living. These people up there, You think all their grandparents.
Speaker 3: You know they're living the ones that sell up and then just get a room on a cruise ship. Oh that's where they live.
Speaker 1: There's that world cruise and you live on at your cruise around the world.
Speaker 4: That's the dream on the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's why not?
Speaker 1: I reckon. Grandparents are live in their best lives, I say, their grandkids and then they give them back and then they get their house back to themselves. See ya by now he can choose when they babies. Yes, any grandparents living.
Speaker 3: I could see Granny Lauren on a cruise just going around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have to be a grandparent to do it?
Speaker 3: What are you doing next Tuesday? Should we book?
Speaker 1: We're off next year's box? Jenny, Morning, Jenny. How are you that's got it going on?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 11: Well, I've got a really cool grandparent, not my grandparent. But I'm the head coach at White Doors Diving, and I have a seventy eight year old woman called Bam who came second at World Chairmanships when she was seventy four. She's going back to World Chairmianships this year in Singapore and.
Speaker 1: She's diving the diving board.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and she said the one in the three meters. She's seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, go Pam. We must get on the Pan bandwagon for the World Chams.
Speaker 3: Do I hit that spring boarder? Bak so Jenny?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: It's a springboard?
Speaker 3: I take it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, off the springboard.
Speaker 12: She wants to dive.
Speaker 11: Platform, but I won't let her.
Speaker 4: Platform.
Speaker 12: Oh no, no, you were talking about diving before, and once you're over fifty you can know over sixty you can only go off farf meter platform.
Speaker 1: Is she any chance to win these world champs?
Speaker 5: Don't?
Speaker 1: Is she any chance to win? Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 13: She got a good chance.
Speaker 1: Go Pan, seventy eight still in the speedo's doing the diving boards. Good on you.
Speaker 3: Remember when I went out diving over a.
Speaker 1: M How could I forget? He nearly caused a SUNAMMI.
Speaker 9: I went off.
Speaker 3: Whoa okay, because.
Speaker 1: She went fully flat into the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was off the five meter He.
Speaker 1: Was also in the nover boy suit.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The head floated off and tastes sunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rest of me who is at the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 1: Indiana, Good morning. You're only seventeen, so I'm tipping. It's not you that's the cool granny. But have you got one?
Speaker 10: I do have a cool Nan.
Speaker 7: We randomly spontaneously one day decided that she wanted to get her first tattoo at the age of seventy awesome, and we went and got a matching one together.
Speaker 9: Does how does that.
Speaker 3: Work with the skin? Do you push it like the skin? No, but you'd have to spread the skin because.
Speaker 1: Any fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she got it on her ankles, so it wasn't as bad.
Speaker 1: What'd she get?
Speaker 7: Indiana shamrock, camerock, free leaf clover.
Speaker 1: Oh cute. Nan had to sign the consent form.
Speaker 3: She's not keen for a trap stap something, so just on.
Speaker 1: The base of the spine there on the buttock.
Speaker 3: No, okay, let's go to Megan and Caroline Springs.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 3: Hi, are you the cool grandparent.
Speaker 5: I am the cool grandparent of the cool.
Speaker 1: How many grandkids you got I've got two and a half one on the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah one joy may little girl?
Speaker 3: What makes you cool?
Speaker 5: Oh? Look, my partner is thirty four, and so of course all our group of friends are about the thirty four thirty five group. We go out a lot to thirty four. No, no, I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh get it, granny, and you're ready to say girl and get it mom, No, get it granny. So you're you're only fifties. He's in his thirties and you're what are you doing here? Going clubbing?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So we go out of like you know, thirty year old like to go out party and it's pretty much the last I'm standing and the rest of them passed out and throwing up everywhere.
Speaker 1: You got the experience under your belt, Meghan.
Speaker 5: That's why I have I have.
Speaker 1: Are you living your best life? Meghan?
Speaker 12: I am.
Speaker 5: I separated from my husband and this younger bloke and we've sort of gone back to my childhood.
Speaker 2: Are you good on?
Speaker 12: You do?
Speaker 2: Your teeth still real?
Speaker 5: They are still real? Quinn, And I must say that you are what still it?
Speaker 2: Stay?
Speaker 5: I look forward to watching you on the news in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Or do I say that Meghan your boyfriend get jealous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm an older man.
Speaker 1: You feel like a decade older than her boyfriend.
Speaker 3: So you sit down on the recliner in the afternoon and put Quinton just break.
Speaker 5: You come to work and one of my clients actually watches the news. I get to watch you at work as well.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: It's just did me let's.
Speaker 1: Go, let's go club and Brannie, Oh my god, Hargwood running with the thirty four year old boyfriend, I mean fifty so young young cricket. You're in Sydney yesterday at the Prime Minister's house playing backyard cricket.
Speaker 2: I love her Kiribilly house.
Speaker 4: I've always wondered what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Have you been there before.
Speaker 2: I've been there once for a media conference, but never really inside, just in the gardens.
Speaker 1: So the Prime Minister was playing cricket with fits in Whipper our Sydney colleagues. You went along to commentate, But that means you got to be a part. Like I knew you were playing cricket in the backyard, but did you get to go in the house. Yeah, like in his home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get to what was in the photo you sent me in a second first, though, you did get the chance to catch up with our.
Speaker 4: Yeah post match, really good spirits.
Speaker 1: How was her cricket?
Speaker 4: By the way, he's good.
Speaker 1: He didn't do an underarm throw like.
Speaker 2: Johnny remember when he oh my god, playing with the soldiers. Now he was actually decent and he he had a good, good old whack with the cricket bat he was, he was good.
Speaker 1: He would have been practicing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having us at your house. It's a beautiful house. By the way.
Speaker 3: What is your house too?
Speaker 2: Oh is it? No, you don't want to invite me here too much? I might take over. What have you done to the place?
Speaker 14: Oh well, I haven't done too much for spending here for quite a while, and that's an asset for Australia, and I spend more time at the Lodge in Canberra, but it is an extraordinary location here on Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 2: You match fit, You're ready for a big, big month ahead.
Speaker 3: Did I look match fit?
Speaker 2: Well, you looked. You're rolling the arm over and it was menacing, just a good bit of fun.
Speaker 14: But I'm absolutely match fit and looking forward to the next little while.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren back in the studio. They wanted to me to ask you about your suit collection because they think as a sports presenter on the nine network, I have more suits than you. How many do you reckon you would have in rotation? I have a few.
Speaker 14: A lot of them look pretty similar. I've got to say, you got to wear all that team they tea you gotta wear navy blue or charcoal gray.
Speaker 3: Got to wear a dark suit.
Speaker 2: It's very thinning, the charcoal run.
Speaker 14: It's much easier for blokes, that's the truth. You're wear a white shirt, have lots of ties.
Speaker 2: So what are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 2: Fifteen? No, not that many really, So I've got you covered.
Speaker 14: I'm frugal, mate, I'm frugal, still working class, lad.
Speaker 2: Jad says to me.
Speaker 14: You know you've had that shoes, the same shoes for years, or you've had the same suit. Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: A boy from camperdown. We see you in Melbourne soon.
Speaker 14: I was in Melbourne this morning. I flew up here for the game and I'll be back down there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fantas you have to pop in, sad to pop in. Absolutely good to see you those day morning. Okay, it's a date.
Speaker 1: Darn Okay, there's many things to unpack. Firstly, I love that our prime minister says yeah now, yeah, no, and I don't like he's right. It is much easier for men than women. Remember poor Julia Gillard as the Prime Minister about her She went into questions getting around in six different suits and.
Speaker 4: He's got the same shoes.
Speaker 3: How he has three point five stars on Google? What is it?
Speaker 4: Is he on airbait?
Speaker 3: Mayor?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well you can you know he can review anything. Can we talk about the photo you sent me?
Speaker 1: Hang on? No, the suits? How many do you have? If he's got six or some he reckons?
Speaker 4: He's got seven?
Speaker 1: And how many do you have?
Speaker 2: My last stock take and this is at home, I had twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Do you fit into all of them? Or is this like half of my wardrobe that I'm holding on too in the hope that I'll get back in.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't spark joy, you've got to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: It'll spark joy if I get back into it.
Speaker 2: You know I've got the cream, the beas you off white, the ivory.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you've got all of them, don't you. He's been to a lot of them. Blue he's been to many Oaks days.
Speaker 3: You've actually got more suits in your cupboard than a suit shop has on the floor probably And.
Speaker 1: That's just home.
Speaker 3: That's case.
Speaker 1: More at work has been fascinated by the suit debaate for many years. Today you go, that's cleaned that up. Clint has like seven times the amount of the Prime Minister and he needs some new shoes by the sounds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we need to get him some new hush puppies.
Speaker 1: Get in some new hush.
Speaker 3: Hush puppy guy.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't he get him some Doc Martins mate.
Speaker 3: Clintson a photo of the PM's bathroom.
Speaker 2: So I needed to go for a whee post match, and you really need to go for a whee.
Speaker 3: You just want to get So you.
Speaker 2: Walk in and it's it's a loud room. It's a sitting room and which looks over the beautiful harbor. And on the mantelpieces these photos of Elbow and Jody and home kids.
Speaker 3: And what's the coup situation recliner.
Speaker 2: Floral, sureful beige type. It looked very comfortable. Was not the electric one, the USB or the cup holders and it's the.
Speaker 1: Prime Minister, it's not leaning Keith from goggle Box.
Speaker 3: He's also got a he would make up.
Speaker 2: He's got a like an elbows room, like a with a rabbit o sign where.
Speaker 3: He goes and he watches his.
Speaker 1: Cave.
Speaker 2: Also on the ground level some facilities. So the toilet which I used, it doubles as a powder room.
Speaker 4: Style small is it modern?
Speaker 2: It's That's why I asked him what he'd done to the place, because I assumed he would sort of do some give it a spruce.
Speaker 3: It's scotti.
Speaker 2: It's a bit dated.
Speaker 1: So it's a bit dated. It's a bit What was the bottom of people's house?
Speaker 2: It's it's like ninety style.
Speaker 1: What were the amenities like Aesop? Surely?
Speaker 3: Well no, because I saw running with a cake of soap.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can't have a cake.
Speaker 2: That's it might have been an imperial leather.
Speaker 1: Not a pears.
Speaker 3: You can't be using a pears. And then the next person to come in could be the French president who's in town on the woo.
Speaker 1: You can't have a cake, as it was the.
Speaker 3: Spray bottle in the bathroom in the photo.
Speaker 2: So I sent you a photo because on top of the throne the toilet was something that I haven't seen since my NaN's house, maybe fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: It was a bottle of orange power. Serious damage.
Speaker 2: The bit of a scent. You get the orange power out, which tends to make it smell ten times worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walk in the orange hits here. There's been a prime minister.
Speaker 1: Is really what he's using?
Speaker 2: Elbow's gone from watching the rabbit. O's in his caves tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: We must give him some hand slope and some proper drops. Yeah, that ain't it?
Speaker 3: Bright orange bottle on top of the throne. It's not the classiest looking thing, is it.
Speaker 1: So I'm fascinated by the whole experience of the Prime Minister's house and you're putt in charge of cricket commentary. You didn't actually get to play against him, No, just to.
Speaker 3: Take us to the break. We found some of your great commentary.
Speaker 1: I was really quite fascinated by your commentary. So we've hunted it down.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 2: That's just just the nerves playing a big part. They're jangling.
Speaker 4: They are the nerves.
Speaker 2: More from Richie Fantastic said, no one ever.
Speaker 9: He's doing.
Speaker 3: Anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how's that?
Speaker 1: There wasn't enough enthusiasm. Enthusiasm in the not bad but bad work there? Did you not know anyone's names?
Speaker 2: That's a that's a good nut, first up?
Speaker 1: I could not.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a good nut. First up? Delivery? Is it not?
Speaker 3: Who's you should have said his name?
Speaker 2: He does know the deck, doesn't he? He's very familiar with the deck?
Speaker 1: Well dark Richie Benno.
Speaker 3: How's that my favorite? Not bad?
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's how's that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That week is Uprose.
Speaker 1: Shout out all the unique kids who might just be climbing home from per week celebrations last night, because it goes all a week universities right around Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Lose your drink card.
Speaker 3: See my experience of this would be the documentary Old School with Will Barroll. That wasn't a dock though it wasn't very much like that.
Speaker 1: Why heigimeric is a bit more outrageed than what's happening around Melbourne. But I wouldn't know what the kids are up to these days. But you guys this week have decided to shame me and tell all of the people of Melbourne that I did not pass any In fact, you dropped out. Well some might say drop out, some might say kicked out.
Speaker 3: Guys, she can still go back and finish. We want to give her the pointy hat. I got an audio of you on the grounds yesterday. We're God, so we're we're going streaking through the quad. So it's not like that.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was expecting, because I went back to r MI i T dumping grunt and I've got Bowen Street old catwalk, wes to call it. Uh, that's what I was expecting when I went back for OH Week celebrations. Kids are far more grown up these days than we were back then. This was my introduction to some of the students at rm I T is. I took them on a tour around my old stomping ground. I'm Amali Winter, I'm studying a Bachelor of Communication Design.
Speaker 15: I'm a.
Speaker 6: I'm doing my Masters of Data scients here at.
Speaker 1: And I'm Lauren and I'm an r M i T college drop out who couldn't quite pass her PR degree. These guys are a lot smarter than me. But let's get on with it and do a tour and find out what's happening at rm T these days. Okay, we're on Bowing Street this morning. Back when I was here you could park on the Trope Street and if you weren't out there by four o'clock, you would get your car toad. And our class finished at five to.
Speaker 15: Four, and every.
Speaker 1: Single day five people would have their car toads. Can you still park there?
Speaker 3: No, you can't.
Speaker 15: Let's construction as well.
Speaker 1: So because anyone had their car toad here yet as a student, does anyone drive in or does everyone have to train train off train? Okay, well I was the only one who drove in there.
Speaker 6: Good to know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they love that back in my day, I know.
Speaker 1: And they were all I thought they were going to be communication with students like me, but they were all like they very smart.
Speaker 2: They're all echo warriors as well.
Speaker 3: It all sounded a lot younger than our mature age student as well.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you mentioned that they are a lot younger than me, Jase, because I did suss out their ages. Oh so I was here, I started in two thousand and six. How were you in two thousand and six? One years off? Okay, there was one. I started at evening. Now, if I was to come back as a mature age student, what's the average of a mature age Shoodent. Oh, so it is.
Speaker 3: From forty to sixty five that you count, but sixty five plus it's also everyone's.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite forty eight, so I can still make because I mean I'm not mature age.
Speaker 3: I'm not mature age.
Speaker 15: That saty eight.
Speaker 16: No, it counts how you want to see it mature.
Speaker 1: Has anyone been to the Oxford before? Yeah? Yeah, so you would. It's fun, isn't it good? Have you ever missed a class because you've been stuck at the Oxford having a shouted egg?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well you have good.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel better. So our next stop is the library, which is behind me. It's up here. It's got this beautiful view over Bowen Street. You can get a coffee downstairs and then go up to do your study. Shoot, go have a lot ta.
Speaker 6: That's not the library.
Speaker 16: No, So the library is inside in Building eight, which is our new academic stream.
Speaker 5: So's it move?
Speaker 6: Did it used to be here?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Never Actually watching an episode of lux.
Speaker 1: Listing, I didn't know where anything was except for the pub across the road way, the Oxford. That sounds smart, the Oxford Scholar. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a pub, not a library, and it's had a glower, has it it's beautiful? I said, oh, it's recently had a gloup and they said, yeah, about ten years ago.
Speaker 3: What were the memories like they came floating back when you're on the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, I loved seeing all the kids that were there with the excitement of starting union and meeting new people because I genuinely, even though I failed, UNI made some of my best lifelong friends out of it. So all the kids who are starting you need is literally the best time of your life.
Speaker 2: You get that sweeping sense of anxiety, you know when your night before an assignment this jew and you still haven't started.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw the buildings and walked into where the lecture halls were, and I was like, get me out of here.
Speaker 2: The only thing you're writing.
Speaker 1: I was very studious.
Speaker 3: I still got the projectors know that they write on far more modern now.
Speaker 1: But you know what else was cooled? Like UNI prices it's like a dollar for a coffee, which I was like, can I get one there? Like you need your student card? You still five nineteen ninety seven, but I'm here. Yeah it is. It's like five from Hamburger and one.
Speaker 3: Love to see you at e vid Cinema on the week at village.
Speaker 1: I just one student to think how she lied to means mature age was forty plus. I'm sure it's like twenty one plus, like immature age.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're enjoying O week. If you're heading along, get.
Speaker 1: To the Oxford Schollo. If you go to r MI T. Don't worry about studying. Get to the pub across the road. It's you can get wine in a carafe over there. And I feel sorry mature.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should hold a pajama party.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, like the golfing theme.
Speaker 1: Remember I did the.
Speaker 3: Golf party there. We're talking sad news that coming to the newsroom this morning in the football world.
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 3: So we're eight sleeps away from forty starting but not But.
Speaker 4: This is a great way to kick off the seas, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Should we tell this is gonna hurt? Ready for it?
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 2: Marvel Stadium? The price of a pie has gone up? Oh to what it's increased from four dollars fifty to four dollars seventy. Oh and hot chips they're up fifty cents to four dollars ninety's going to fifty.
Speaker 3: That's a big jump. That's in good news.
Speaker 2: Marvel Stadium remains coddlers the best priced venue in Australia really the MCG.
Speaker 3: How much? How much more? Was a pie at the G?
Speaker 2: A dollar fifty at the G A.
Speaker 1: Dollar fifty extra extra?
Speaker 4: What I know? That's six bucks for a pie?
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: What are you going on?
Speaker 1: Is it down at she already express a couple of bucks.
Speaker 3: Probably get sourced free too. Don't quote me on.
Speaker 1: That, Jason, I will get this for free.
Speaker 3: Hot dogs are seven ninety seven dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh for a rat and a bread roll? No thanks, your own your own, No, you're not allowed to take that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are to take your own food to the footy.
Speaker 3: It's a restaurant, Cheryl at the gate freshie down, doesn't she?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Lawrence, tell me what's you know? Every couple of weeks we'll get members in from the Victorian Police, a good friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Superintendent our friendly policeman.
Speaker 3: Wayne cheese Man.
Speaker 1: We like to call him Cheesy, our friendly policeman Cheesy.
Speaker 9: Good morning, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 1: Now, hang on a second. There's been some drama in the Cheesy household on top of you. If you remember the first time we met Cheesy, he told us the story about thinking his car had been stolen. That's right, he called the police, even though he's a police.
Speaker 3: Where was the car?
Speaker 9: Cheesy? It was in a side street street he was.
Speaker 1: It was a false alarm. But Cheesy, what the hell's happened to you?
Speaker 9: All right? So last time I told you that my wife found the car. Yeah, this time she came home and she found a male in our house.
Speaker 1: Cheezy got robbed.
Speaker 9: We were a victim of aggravada burgery?
Speaker 3: Are you supers?
Speaker 1: See everyone? Anyone?
Speaker 9: That can happen to anyone, And that's my message. So I just finished five weeks of leave and I was first week back. I was on the phone on Thursday morning at work and I had these miscalls, a number of miscalls from my wife and my daughter. I go to the voicemail and they're both clearly upset. So my daughter is doing year twelve, so she had a late start, she had some spears in the morning. She's sound asleep in her bedroom.
Speaker 3: This is my biggest fear.
Speaker 1: She's what time are we talking to you?
Speaker 9: This is sort of nine thirty between the morning in the morning morning.
Speaker 2: In broad daylight.
Speaker 9: So we had a number of trades outside our street because they were doing gas work, so there there was a number of trades in floral vests. My wife takes my middle boy to basketball training, so it's probably a forty five to fifty minute round trip. She comes back, she walks in the front door, She goes to my daughter's room and says, time to get up, get ready for school. She does a you turn into the hallway. There's an adult male carrying my son's sports bag full to the brim and they're the confrontation in the hallway. Oh my Okay, they were rattled, but they're okay. No one was hurt, which is the main thing.
Speaker 1: Cheesy. That guy's lucky you weren't home when that happened.
Speaker 9: Just say something, you know, and I don't know if I can say.
Speaker 1: This, well, be careful you live on the radio.
Speaker 9: In the days afterwards, because he was identified early and I knew he was a local to my area. I was going out in my car and I shouldn't say hunting, but I was looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, mate, I would be so frustrated. Also, that is my biggest fear.
Speaker 1: So he didn't get away with anything.
Speaker 9: No, he got about fifty three thousand worth of stuff. So my son's got a biggest strange sports bag just filled with cash. So my mom passed away.
Speaker 4: There was some jewelry.
Speaker 1: He took the jewelry, he took everything.
Speaker 9: So my wife back in the day when Verasiety opened up a crown, my wife was a sale the system in one of the original ogs, so all the girls would get you know, when the sales were on, they get all their vintage bags which are now vintage, a whole lot of bags when watches when.
Speaker 1: Went Because what advice do you give to someone if you find an intruder in your house, you better just to let them go, right, you know.
Speaker 9: Yes, But my wife being my wife, and you can imagine she's in fronting him how she treats me. But she's got no fear. So there was a wrestle over the bag in the hallway to wrestle the bag, but got my bags. He then he then ran out the back door. We live on the main range. She ran out the back door and he went down the side. So her quick thinking she ran out the front door and got the video on her phone on she's got video. She's in in front of him, and there's been another scuffle as he's tried to go out through the gates.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, surely like you be going. Your professional opinion be just let him go.
Speaker 9: Let them go.
Speaker 3: It's not worth it.
Speaker 9: We have insurance. Let them go. You don't know if they're armed. Don't want the confrontation. That would be my professional advice.
Speaker 3: I find terrifying. That's nine thirty in the morning, do you know what I mean? We will just think it's just a hard time.
Speaker 4: So your wife's.
Speaker 9: Okay, he's like, I rattled for a few but she's good.
Speaker 2: And did she get the SUCHI handbags?
Speaker 9: But no, they're so you don't have to go out. So when he was in, when he was interviewed, he didn't He didn't explain where he offloaded the property. So all the property's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all the grandmother's jewelry and everything.
Speaker 9: It was a comedy because that's he's gone. He's you know, he's on an electric scooter. So as he's got down a scooter and I.
Speaker 1: Can show such a handbags, she's getting away car five So as he's.
Speaker 9: Going down the street, he's dropped some property which was from another burglary tractor, pants fell down his ankles. So I turned into a nasty just some comedy as well.
Speaker 3: And so what do you do for the affair? What do you do for the lineup? So they all parade in and show their buttocks and your wife's like those ones.
Speaker 9: Well, it's funny because my wife got clear vision of him, and so the police who attended, who were fantastic to be honest, they identified him early and then and then the search for him began and they rested him probably three or four days later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a lasting effect though, like that, you know, and your daughter and your wife.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, my daughter was rattled.
Speaker 1: Having someone in your home. But you know what it is like, Can I just ask quickly because I know you said your wife had just come home. Was the front door open or unlocked or so?
Speaker 9: My wife works from home, so we did have a rear window that was astatment that was open for some fresh air.
Speaker 1: He should be able to do that in there or we still had someone home.
Speaker 9: So she normally she locks those windows before all out. But it's a clear message that you know I should practice what I preach. I say to community forms all the time, and I can talk about a little bit more if you want to. But so many aggravator burglars coming through open doors, open windows, and that's what happened to me.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm glad there.
Speaker 1: I came glad to record him.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, look, we're doing probe the paper this morning thirteen twenty four ten. If you have a question for Cheesy.
Speaker 1: Or if you've seen the Vesacci handbags.
Speaker 3: I have a question regarding scooter riders. Actually we're going to get to that on the other side of this, but thirteen twenty four ten is our number. If you have a questioned for Cheesy. We are doing Prave the Popos here on nov we are doing Prave the Purpose. Jason Lawrence, tell me what's you not? We love the Victorian Police. They do an outstanding job and we love this guy as well, good friend of the show, Superintendent Wayne Cheese Man Cheesy is in.
Speaker 1: The house, friendly police officer Cheesy, who we love having on the show.
Speaker 2: A bit of a police rapped from overnight Cheese. There was an incident concerning incident in Hawthorne East involving some of your colleagues. A police car was rammed at a seven to eleven. What do police know so far? Because this is terrifying.
Speaker 9: So it looks like the offender's car it had clone plates on it, so it got.
Speaker 1: Trapped that fake plate.
Speaker 9: Like fake plate for just yeah, they're not real plates, but they're cloned. So we've seen that very commonly. So so the theft of number plates across you know, Victoria is really.
Speaker 3: What people have taken them off cars.
Speaker 9: So what they'll do is they'll find a White Holden or they're at a car yard or in the street of White Holding and they'll take the number plate off that one and then they'll put it on another stole so it looks legit top of the police check it's just the White Holding So there's and then they can use that new car for different crimes.
Speaker 3: I imagine they're avoiding the personalized plates.
Speaker 9: Yes, so it's very common. So in this particular case, the police have identified possibly some clone plates. The offender's car is there's some bollards and stuff and then the police come in. You know, we're out there all the time. In twenty four to seven looking for these things. So the police have come across something suspicious. The offenders car is then sort of blocked between the police car and the bollards, so they've taken on the police car and rammed the police card in a way. And that is really common to the office. Is okay the officer. No one's hurt, which is the main thing. Offenders were arrested. He is my understanding, But it is common that, you know, especially these days, more and more offenders in various reasons, they don't kickling. There's so many people that don't care anymore.
Speaker 3: Do you guys carry the spikes in the back sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to stop cars driving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got down a real YouTube rabbit hole watching that.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So we do have those and we conduct training, so most members are at well trained in they're called vehicle and mobilization devices. So there's a procedure of policy. But you know, when cars are screaming down the road, it's at a planning. We've got to get in front.
Speaker 1: It's got to be safe, yeah, because there's so many other cars on the road as well.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, we we're glad to hear everyone's okay. From that incident.
Speaker 3: This morning, Gotta lange Warren Kimberly, I'm thirteen twenty four to ten. You're on the air doing probe the paper with cheesy what's your question?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Everyone?
Speaker 8: My question is about the phone uses in the car. So I know that we can't have the phone on our labs like to look at it, but I was wondering are we allowed to have it like on this center console area near the gear stick with the g yes on it, and like you glanced at it quickly like while you're driving or does that count as for news as well?
Speaker 9: So so looking at phones it's a big distraction when you're driving and we're really trying to work hard to driver behavior. Kimberley, you now have to have it sort of an eye level on one of those holders. You're not allowed to have it in the dash like like probably we all used to have it. It's now got to be an eye level so that your eyes are continually forwarding on the.
Speaker 1: Road, continuously watching the road. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Driver.
Speaker 4: So a friend of mine puts his in the cup holder.
Speaker 9: No, No, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Tell him, Yeah, can you let him know?
Speaker 1: Could you let him know? Clint doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get him on the phone now, Clint, No, No, he's probably busy at work.
Speaker 9: Y pass it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pass it on to your friend who might drive a little Mercedes right o.
Speaker 3: Patrick's dalk morning Patrick? Come on, guys, what's your question for?
Speaker 9: Cheesy?
Speaker 6: So, so, for instance, you see a cargo through through a red light and they get flashed by a camera, can you then pull them over to give them another fine they've already got a fine from the red light camera? No?
Speaker 9: Patrick, We can certainly pull a car over whenever they're whenever they're on the road, so we have a power to check sort of name and address and license details. We wouldn't give you another ticket for that particular offense. So you would get a ticket in the mail for the red light camera. So so no, you wouldn't be issued two tickets for the same offense.
Speaker 1: It's like if you get a parking fine, leave it on there, don't take it off because they're not going to put another one on top.
Speaker 3: You're asking for a friend as well.
Speaker 1: Now I haven't a media other day.
Speaker 3: You cheese?
Speaker 2: Is it frowned upon to flashy lights to warn people of a radar or is it illegal?
Speaker 9: So it used to be you know, I know cases where you know police might might pull you over and then and then say, you know you're hindering police. For me, really, it's about just improving driver behavior. So if someone flashes out likes to get people to slow down, and actually it's actually a good thing because most people will slow Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A good We'll just get around flashing our lights all the time, run slow down on the roads. Please are you a flash of Clint and a couple.
Speaker 3: A friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll let him know about the flashing ring?
Speaker 3: What good morning?
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 17: I would like to know if you have ever had to arrest the family member or a friend for a more serious.
Speaker 9: Crime Rihanna and I haven't. Actually no, I haven't had any friends or family members, luckily, who have been involved in criminal activity or at least that that I know of.
Speaker 1: What about any newsreaders, hopefully that will be awarded for just quickly.
Speaker 9: You've got a new boss, Shane Patten. Now, yeah, which is such a shame. You know, I think we talked about last time. I worked with him personally for three and a half years and he is a really hard working, dedicated Victoria police member. So I was really sad that his career ended up that way. I didn't think he deserved it, so personally it was it was a really sad day for me, and I think for the organization too, where you know, I've had no confidence comes in in your leader, and then the way that he left, which was obviously his decision, and it probably would have been a little.
Speaker 2: Bit un so a new sort of way of policing with Rick Nugent No.
Speaker 9: So, Rick is very experienced. He will be a great leader for the organization. And I hope that we all unite behind him because I think we had a little bit more unity. He is just like Shaying and just like Neil Patterson who left, our deputy and our other deputy, Ross gunp who's retired, They're all focused on the same things they want to be in pre community safety there there for the organization, So Rick will be terrific.
Speaker 1: Well, we think Victoria Police did a great job, So good luck with a new leader. Stay safe out there, Vic Paul, I can't believe your house got Rob Cheese.
Speaker 3: On a more positive note, very big day in the Cheese household today.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got a birthday in the chief, your daughter seventeen.
Speaker 3: Today, embarrassed dad's done this?
Speaker 9: No, and she did a terrific job. So when mum was confronting the offender, mummy, you know, call the police. And she put her bum up against the door to locket and she got on the phone and she was clear.
Speaker 1: And Sid's had a tough few weeks without breaking. But happy birthday from all of us here at Nova.
Speaker 3: We can't reveal it, but Cheese told us the present off the air and it's a crack is it?
Speaker 2: An overhad?
Speaker 4: Kendrick can have an overhad too. We'll give you that money.
Speaker 3: She's good to see you, mate, Good to see safe out there. Good morning Melbourne, just gone eleven past eight. Coming up next, Clinton and I discovered something Lauren has been carrying on her. Oh my god, is this we're a little bit shocked by.
Speaker 4: I think it was justified the shock.
Speaker 3: We're going to get to it took you.
Speaker 1: A long time to notice.
Speaker 2: I believe it's been happening for that long.
Speaker 3: We will get to that soon. First, I was trying to fly some money.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Lizzie and Bayswater morning. Hello, how are you Lizzy?
Speaker 13: Not too bad?
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? What are you doing today in this beautiful thirty four degree Melbourne day.
Speaker 15: Hoping to rescue my garden before it gets to scorching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, the gardens are struggling, but it's been so hot. Bit of a green thumb.
Speaker 13: Yes, horticulturalist, horticulture.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine horticulturalness.
Speaker 4: Horticultural.
Speaker 3: Horticultural culture. A couple of mates in a horticulture into horticulture, A couple of mates anyway, Mecca.
Speaker 1: Oh, Barnings, your garden must look expect hackular.
Speaker 3: Lizzy.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can win you some cash to go towards the garden. I believe you want to play for five hundred dollars today A medium question.
Speaker 3: Please, let's do it for five hundred, five hundred dollars. Then your brother rent a house and we think a horticulturalists used to live there.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, there are many power points, many many and also a button you could push and like garage doors came down over all the windows. I no know what used to happen in.
Speaker 3: There, Liz's place.
Speaker 2: Pull You're not safe unless.
Speaker 1: This is bigger than crim safe. I don't know what used to happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lizzie, here comes your question. You will hear a question and then you will hear three seconds. You need to answer within that three seconds. You ready to go for five one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Who is Timothy Shella May currently dating three two one?
Speaker 1: It's been everywhere all over the news. It's Kylie Jenna. They were just the SAG Awards together with Timothy made the most honest speech I've heard in a long time. I loved it. He was talking about wanting to be one of the greats.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to this.
Speaker 18: The truth is, I'm really in pursuit of greatness. I know people don't usually talk like that, but I want to be one of the greats. I'm inspired by the greats. I'm inspired by the greats here tonight. I'm as inspired by Daniel da Lewis, Marlon Brando, and Vla Davis as I am by Michael Jordan, Michael Phops and I want to be up there.
Speaker 1: So I love that speech. I thought it was just really honest. And people don't do that. People don't say how how successful I actually want to be. People don't have the courage to say things like that.
Speaker 2: I love speaking of honesty, do you find him attractive?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh you're talking to.
Speaker 1: Her, well, yeah, I do think there's something very attractive about someone who knows who they are.
Speaker 3: Very defined features, doesn'ty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he is very rat boy.
Speaker 3: Look, sorry you missed out there, Lizzie. I'll tell you what. I'm going to hook you up with tickets to Australia's largest fashion event paid how Melbourne Fashion Festival is back twenty second of feb to the eighth of March. I'll chuck years some VIP tickets.
Speaker 13: Okay, Oh no, thank you?
Speaker 3: No ways.
Speaker 2: Hey Clint, you mentioned in your news there Eurovision. Oh yes, your favorite time of the year.
Speaker 3: The sum has dropped our Australian entry.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 3: I'm into it. It's grown on me, has it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad because it's I think it's I think it's going to win.
Speaker 1: I think the kids are going to love it. Can we play it?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 1: This is the Australian entry into Eurovision. It just got released this morning. It's by Go Joe, not to be confused with Jojo, and it's about milkshakes.
Speaker 3: It's random.
Speaker 1: Kids, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: It's close to your heart, Jase, it's.
Speaker 1: Catchy all right, sing a long with our kids? Can we play the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Milkshake Man, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Let's go Wow, there you go, Melbourne. It's Australia's entrance into Eurovision Song Contest. It's going to love that, love it because what are we say? A Clint When you say sweet sweets, I say.
Speaker 3: Nephews dancing around the family.
Speaker 1: In Melbourne as if you weren't in the cast singing to that.
Speaker 3: The nov music director Scott Baker boy Smith's going to love that.
Speaker 1: He's thrill because we probably bumped out. I don't know someone really important for that. See your jelly roll. We'll play you later. Because we had milkshake Man, and that's what hang on Paris. Someone's called through Paris morning in Paris, what do you think of the milkshake Man.
Speaker 8: Their kids are loving were just speaking of the cows school drop off and they are loving the milkshake Man.
Speaker 1: The milkshake Man is going to be the new thing.
Speaker 2: Sweet sweet, I love the milk.
Speaker 3: I hate your vision, but I.
Speaker 1: Am all for going to get right behind it this year.
Speaker 9: When is it.
Speaker 3: We must go.
Speaker 4: We must go is a excursion. It's in Basel, in Switzerland.
Speaker 3: I would like to go to barl It seems like a long flight.
Speaker 1: Roger, you don't have to come. You can stay here. Clintch you want to go, we should. Let's leap. If he didn't like the song at the beginning, you and I liked it from the start, so we'll go. No, you can't sit still that long. When I say sweet.
Speaker 3: Sweet, you say you.
Speaker 1: Can. You love milk, milkshakes, love. We should write a song about You're called the thick shake man because you're more a thick shake. Let's do a film clip with Jase call it the thick Shake Man. Let's actually do that, because you love thic shakes.
Speaker 3: Thick shake. I say meal meal because I've always said a thick.
Speaker 1: Shake is a all right, I don't want to do anything else. The rest of the morning, we're just doing about the milkshake math.
Speaker 3: We need to address something on this show. What Oh, yes, you need to start acting.
Speaker 1: I've been influenced. You know that those things that pop up on the ground as if you haven't done it, as if you haven't seen something and gone.
Speaker 4: It looks I need it.
Speaker 1: I need it.
Speaker 3: How long had you had this particular.
Speaker 1: Item and everyday item that I bring in here every single day? About three weeks?
Speaker 3: You you were bringing in for three weeks before, Quinton, I knowed and nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was really disappointed because I thought you'd be very excited, and it turns out when you spotted it, you were very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh it's us. Where are your phoc.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's feel great? Great?
Speaker 1: Shake a case.
Speaker 16: You cooks?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 1: All right? Who's seen the shaky case on the gram? I reckon? I get one of these ads every day. It's got little little cutouts of your heads. Jason's in the cowboy hat, Clint's like his Channel nine headshot. And I've got you guys on the back of my phone too with me wherever I go.
Speaker 4: So whenever you take a selfie, everyone sees us.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'd taken so many photos of you guys for weeks before you notice, and I ordered them for you guys too.
Speaker 4: You didn't want them, No, my phone, My phone doesn't fit.
Speaker 1: I think it's the worst thing I've ever bought on the internet, but I kind of love it.
Speaker 9: Do you this?
Speaker 3: It's like a cray cray ex girlfriend, feeling like.
Speaker 1: You think I'd ever be your ex girlfriend. You'd rather be the This is a reminder, This is a reminder of how lucky I am to have a real man in my life. Because I got YouTube floating around.
Speaker 3: Well it's how much did that? Say you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I bought three of them, and then I paid a little extra to get Clint's head in really big little emojis. So I've got totally sucked into the to the product that was advertised.
Speaker 4: A lot of people doing this or just just you know that.
Speaker 3: I think so the kids what I bought off the gram the other day. Yeah, you know, a high pressure hose like a gurney.
Speaker 1: A gurny is great, no.
Speaker 3: No carture and like a carture or a mine is attached to the wall, you know how you can get like retractable.
Speaker 1: But what if you want to move it?
Speaker 3: You can't. But there's like thirty meters of cable. Oh and it's all just hooked up.
Speaker 1: What are you carturing though the pavement? Did you get influence?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I nearly got influence, which would be a similar thing. It's like phone charges for your car that you're plug into. Thing but it's magnetic, so when you stop charging it, when it coils back.
Speaker 3: Up pressure thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got influenced.
Speaker 3: It would be good. So the hair plugs in Turkey.
Speaker 2: Hydrogen water bottles have seen them.
Speaker 1: I've seen the ones with the crystals in them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically you just put regulation water in the regulations water, then you press the button and.
Speaker 4: Who it turns to hydrogen water.
Speaker 1: And what does hydrogen water do for you?
Speaker 4: It's good for your joint apparently.
Speaker 1: Do you get that on Instagram?
Speaker 3: I got influence.
Speaker 1: Do you read the comment?
Speaker 2: Everyone's like bed and my back was so much better and I need that from.
Speaker 1: The regulation water with a bit, but you have to restock the hydrogen.
Speaker 2: No, you just press the button. Then goes like a soda stream and.
Speaker 1: Does it fuzz it like make a bubble water, which just makes it hydrogen.
Speaker 3: But how do you know the difference?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're waiting for it. It's on the way. I think there was something like that on Shark Tank.
Speaker 1: There's ones that have crystals in them and they meant to ground you when you drink the water because they've been in the crystals.
Speaker 3: You know what we could get those? We could just sit at home and burn twenty dollar notes.
Speaker 2: Your body with hydrogen. Water heals the body in several different ways. You can start living your life to the fullest.
Speaker 1: Do you I need one? Did you both.
Speaker 2: Love you?
Speaker 3: The warehouse and so? Or to come through and go another?
Speaker 1: No, wait until you see how nimble we're going to be next week. How quickly I can touch my toes if I ever need to. You could throw things on the ground and I'll pick it up faster than the speed of light because all my back won't be my joints will be amazing.
Speaker 3: What the weather's like this for Grand Prix weekends.
Speaker 1: Oh we'd be laughing, wouldn't we.
Speaker 3: That's right, Let me have a time. Australian Grand Prix is coming. Limited tickets are available. Fat Boys, Sleam Tones and I the Living End or or performing at Crown Lakeside Festival.
Speaker 1: Ha good and you could be there to Melbourne thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We have tickets to the Grand Prix to give you. All you've got to do is do your best f one race cast sound.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Cody and Craigie. Burn your first up this morning.
Speaker 9: Go for it.
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 17: All right, let's go whoo say whoo.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Whoo she's a girl. Well done, Cody, decent crack. He's the one to beat. Ben, Good morning, morning guy. Your favorite F one driver.
Speaker 13: Lewis Hamilton at the moment.
Speaker 1: What about Lewis Hamilton?
Speaker 7: Was Michael Schumacher back in the day.
Speaker 1: But well, Lewis Hamilton's gone to Ferrari. Now that's quite the combo.
Speaker 3: He's a good looking lad, isn't he.
Speaker 1: He's very little, he's apparently very sweet, nicely all right, Ben, give it a crack.
Speaker 13: Might's going to be obviously the old school version, because I don't think anyone could do the new cast.
Speaker 1: Go for it, or that's solid, that's very good.
Speaker 3: When they're flying past.
Speaker 1: They did care quite quiet for a while, and then they made them louder again because.
Speaker 4: People did they went electric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they weren't fully electric. It was a bit it sounded electric.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a whole bunch of priuses.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I raced him.
Speaker 1: The Celebrity Grand Prix, they gave us evs and the boys refused to drive them because they said it was emasculating to not make any noise. So they put fake exhausts on them.
Speaker 3: They should have got the bit of cardboard with the pegs that we used.
Speaker 1: To do on our Yeah, it was like that. Yeah, Stacey, Ben's the one to beat.
Speaker 3: Go for it morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean the pitch was you know, I thought that was about Rice.
Speaker 1: Ben sounded the same to me.
Speaker 2: Ben might still have We might still have a winner to come. Mark in Frankston, good morning.
Speaker 3: Here you going.
Speaker 1: Oscar pistrey man. Yes, got down to Grilt and had one of those burgers.
Speaker 19: Yet not yet, not yet, and.
Speaker 3: You call yourself a fan. All right, Mark, when you're ready, go for it.
Speaker 1: Not bad, not bad, Mark, But I think it's been or Stacy, So you guys decide, hang out of it.
Speaker 3: What I think my money's on.
Speaker 2: I just need just one more taste of quickly, just Ben, go for it.
Speaker 1: Stacy over to you sis, have a final crack.
Speaker 2: Yah. Look, I think.
Speaker 1: Stacey went off the track.
Speaker 4: I think Ben's got a bit more windy.
Speaker 1: Ticket to yours.
Speaker 3: Nice work, my friend. You are off to the Louis vtone Australian Grand Prix. Enjoy no worries, keep listening to No but We've got more tickets later in the week as well.
Speaker 9: How like.
Speaker 3: Experience?
Speaker 2: Who are you taking?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 6: I didn't think thing about that?
Speaker 3: Friends work for it.
Speaker 12: What to day?
Speaker 1: It is a sparkler out there, Melbourn. Get out and enjoy some Vitamin D slip slop slap today. Don't make mes sing the song again to G thirty four degrees. Today, I'll be doing the.
Speaker 2: Tanning the Yeah, I'll be doing the take the dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe later, Maybe I'll take my dog and meet you at the tan.
Speaker 1: We should do that.
Speaker 3: We should do it. Cut a lap, I mean a cusy dog.
Speaker 1: So you're not going to you know you won't do that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll meet you at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you meet us at domain road when you can have a coffee afterwards.
Speaker 1: And dot okay and a milkshake like the milkcheck song. Guys, I want to talk about something quite serious for a moment. I VF. There's a TV show at the moment as well, called Big Miracles, which is on Channel Line that I know a lot of my friends have been right into. It's a following a bunch of women's very physical and emotional journeys into trying to have families some of them are struggling for a multitude of reasons.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of a surprise crier, like I cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, a crier, and it's emotional. I cry when pefore pregnant. I cry on people where babies, I cry when people are unable to have babies, when people having challenges. I'm a crier anyway. There's been an article in the press this week. It's a news Corp investigation which is looking into IVF clinics because there are so many of them and it can be overwhelming when it's something that you're considering doing. Firstly, there is an enormous amount of IVF clinics, and there is a Federal Governments Your IVF Success website which goes through which of them are more successful in different age brackets in different areas. But the alarming part about it for me is which a lot of people don't realize, is the cost behind it. So in this article it reveals the best value clinics while also showing some services are charging up to twelve, eight hundred and twenty seven dollars up front for a standard IVF cycle. And you've been through IVF, it's often many, many, many cycles.
Speaker 3: Well, I got two issues with this. One is there's no guarantee, so you're pouring out all your savings and there's no garantee. But the other thing is I think there are places that play on that and the emotion involved and how inspiration desperate people want a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, some are charging as much as ten and a half thousand dollars for elective egg freezing and that doesn't include any other charges to then.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, use that egg.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about this article, and I employ anyone who's looking into it to jump on these websites and have a look, is that some of the ones that aren't as expensive are actually having much higher success rate, which is really interesting.
Speaker 3: What's a website?
Speaker 1: Sorry, well, there's the federal government your IVF success website, and there's also a Big News Corp. Investigation into it, and you can go down. You can scroll through the different clinics and the prices and all the different things. Because on top of it being a physical and emotional rollercoaster, it's financially hugely costly.
Speaker 2: So that there is some form of medicare rebate and in some states, including Victoria, there is a public service for IVF but it's just a fraction of the overall price. I believe is that your understanding.
Speaker 3: Also, a lot of people are willing to regard spend all their savings down and house and stuff to advance it. That way, they're not waiting for the public sector, they're not on the list. They can just get into it.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine is actually right in the thick of it at the moment, and she is on Big Miracles, which is on Channel nine. She's coming on the show where we're playing a chat with her tomorrow. We did catch up with her earlier in the week and she talks about some of her trials and tribulations. I didn't really have a choice, in my opinion, because of my age and my low AMH levels, So I really had to go down the path or I'd miss out on having kids, and that's it. Some people think that this is it's the only way to go. She's doing it as a single mother and it's an amazing story. We'll talk to her about it tomorrow. But I actually love that these conversations are being had, that there's TV shows about it, because these are very very real. Well, it's the reality for a lot of people. A lot of single people, a lot of families. Sometimes I think the more we talk about it, well.
Speaker 3: It might be a nice push to get people thinking about it earlier as well.
Speaker 2: There is that, but the success rate for many people isn't what they would hope and they're dropping hundreds or got dollars on this.
Speaker 3: Let's see thirteen twenty four to ten. If you feel comfortable to join the show and chat about it, you can remain anonymous. How much have you spent trying to have a baby? Thirteen twenty four thirteen twenty four ten is our numbers?
Speaker 1: The absolutely these heartbreaking stories out there as well, and there's hugely successful stories.
Speaker 3: We've got friends of ours a sort of that fork in the road at the moment where the funds have dried up and they're still.
Speaker 2: Trying, and very similar to my friends who have refinanced the house to just try and get a little bit of extra money in so they can have one last crack.
Speaker 3: Also, then there's the pressure on the relationship, like these guys, you did it?
Speaker 1: What did? Do you have any idea what it costs you?
Speaker 3: I think we were very lucky in regards to Low's egg retrieval, Like what we ended up getting a couple of eggs on the first round, which was great because I mean, you could go through that, because you can go several times.
Speaker 1: Ten rounds, you.
Speaker 3: Know, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. How much of you spent trying to have a baby. We'll hit the cause next. We are talking about the show Big Miracles. You've got a friend of yours that's popping up on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, my friend Andre's on the show. It's an amazing story. We're going to catch up with her tomorrow. On that show, it's all about IVF and families trying to conceive and trying to have babies. There's a myriad of reasons why all these different women have needed some help, and it's an amazing TV show.
Speaker 3: Steve is on the line on thirteen twenty four ten. You're on the first season of Big Miracles. We're talking about how much you've spent to try and have a baby.
Speaker 19: Get Steve going.
Speaker 3: We are good. I missed the first season. I'll be honest, so I'm not one hundred percent sure about your journey.
Speaker 1: How much money did you spend on IVF?
Speaker 19: We did thirteen rounds, I believe, and two surgeries. I think least a lot of ours was dis cance the situation that we were going through. But I'm pretty sure we spent around eighty k.
Speaker 1: Wow, Steve, and on top of eighty thousand dollars. It's the emotional and the feasical toll on a woman's body and on a family as.
Speaker 2: Well, right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 19: It was a whole lot because she went through about cancer which put her out on the IVF journey. So once she became cancer free, we started the IVF journey, which she through the treatment of cancer, gave her menopause, so she had beenopause at twenty seven wow, So they basically sort of had to reverse the menopause. And during the cancer treatment they actually remembered her title that's Avary and put that in the freezer so they could do the cancer treatment that wasn't affected.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 19: Like I said, once cancer stream is all dune, she's all cancer free, and we started the IVF cycle, which is then they put some of that IVF tissue back inside her body.
Speaker 3: God mate, modern it's just incredible.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it sort of regrows when you start the IVF cycle. From there.
Speaker 3: How's she doing now? And you guys still on the IVF journey.
Speaker 19: I know we had our daughter two years ago.
Speaker 1: What a gift.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so it was the whole of a journey. Our daughters, I think the thirteenth or fifteenth born in Australia through the same way.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Is that is that a little miracle for you?
Speaker 19: Certainly is. We sort of got to the point where we thought it's not gonna happen. We've spent times of money in many years playing.
Speaker 4: Does it make you emotional, Steve?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it does it?
Speaker 13: Does you spend that much time trying, Steve, that's the first.
Speaker 19: Thing in the world.
Speaker 1: What a great result for you, Steve, be very proud of that. It is emotionally taxing on both of you and you've got now. Steve, congratulations, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Love to the families, Steve.
Speaker 3: Belinda is on the line from Sundry morning. Blenda, good morning, guys, are going were good? Mate? How much did you spend trying to have a baby?
Speaker 17: We spent thirty thousand dollars? Wow, we had They retrieved six eggs from me and we did five rounds pretty much one after the other with no success. And the emotional strain on our little family was huge. Like it's just unbelievable. So we had one egg left and we sat it in the freezer for about twelve months before we decided, you know what, roll the dice one last time and it worked.
Speaker 6: Oh, Blinda and our eggs.
Speaker 17: It was our last roll of the dice, and our little Harry was born.
Speaker 1: Oh and how precious is Harry? What does it mean to be a mum to Harry?
Speaker 17: He is our miracle baby? You know, you just it's really like you were saying before about it being just so unspoken. You sit in these IVF waiting rooms and they are for the families that just it's almost out of reach for so many people with how expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing, right, and the baby comes along on it just gives to do well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not everyone can even afford to go through the And sadly, for as many success stories as we hear, there are a lot of heartbroken families out there that aren't able to conceive it all.
Speaker 2: All these people sharing their stories deeply personal, but also give so many others hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and you are right, I thought.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people going through it right now, and we are thinking of you. We know, this is really hard to hear sometimes as well.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jackie, you did it for four years. You spent so much money into it, losing your house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right. So we did four years of IVS. I didn't lost count of how many rounds. Towards the end, we swatched through a few different specialists. But similar to the last caller, we had one egg left on our last cycle. The most eggs I ever got was two in a cycle, and they kept canceling it because it just wasn't worth trying to retreat two eggs. And it got to the last one where we had no money less, and I said, I don't even care, just try it, just try and get two eggs. I'll give it everything that we've got, And luckily one of them took and we got our little our son, Auslan, who is now or nearly seven years old.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jackie, was there a time in that process, if you don't mind me asking, where you really felt like you'd lost hope in the process.
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: So many times, so so many times.
Speaker 2: We're given that, Jackie, what would you say to other people listening this morning about the whole process.
Speaker 10: My sister's actually about to start going through it at the moment. And I just give her so much love and so much hope because after all that we tried, eventually it worked, and you just have to keep hope because you just don't know when it's going to work. Like funnily enough, after we had our son three months he was three months old and I found out I was pregnant naturally.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 10: So our plan was we'd spent all of our money, we'd re mortgaged our house to have our son, and then the plan was to go back to work almost straight away, and I did that, and then I felt pregnant. But because I hadn't worked enough in between having both children, I wasn't eligible for any parental payment, so we couldn't afford to stay in our house. So we ended up having to sell the house, and luckily we were able to move in with my parents and we had somewhere to go. But it just kept feeling like blow after blow after blow, like try everything.
Speaker 1: But you've got your your little babies and it's all worth it, huh.
Speaker 10: Oh exactly like I would do it all over again. I wouldn't change a single thing. They're perfect and I love them, but I just feel so much for everyone going through it because it's awful.
Speaker 1: Do you so hard, Jackie, you've been through it. You said you lost hope going through it, you lost your house. Do you think these conversations and people being aware of how tough it is is so important because you really need a lot of support when you're going through IVF, don't you.
Speaker 10: He needs so much support, Like it's the people, And I think for me as well, Like I was nineteen and we started going through it because we found out that it was going to be very hard for me to have children. So I was nineteen, so none of my friends, no one I knew, was going through it, and I felt so isolated. But I think now it's so good because so many more people are talking about it, whereas back then no one really was and it was sort of very hush hush, and it's a really hard thing to talk about when you're going through.
Speaker 3: Of course, I like having these conversations because the more we talk about it, the.
Speaker 2: More we normally you know what the emotion in the voices.
Speaker 3: And everyone's got a different story. Everyone's got a different story. Hey, before we get out of here, I just want to finish with Kate in Langlorren, South Kate, Hi, Kate, how many rounds did you do?
Speaker 15: It got up to fourteen?
Speaker 1: So how much does that cost?
Speaker 15: I had to re mortgage my home twice. I cost me one hundred and sixty thousand.
Speaker 3: And how did the journey? And for you?
Speaker 15: Other tests insane and they tried everything. I ended up on my fifteenth round. I went to Adelaide and thanks me. My beautiful sister covered me for that one because I had no money and she gets, let's give it one more go and went to Adelaide to do it and it was successful.
Speaker 1: Oh about baby.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's six. Her name is Siena with a C, so it means God is gracious. So but yeah, I seven years SURVIVORF caused me to the menopausal. By the time I'm thirty eight, I had a stroke because medication I was injecting. Yeah, so five injections a day. It caused me to have a stroke. After another miscarriage and carriages.
Speaker 1: Well, Kate, we're glad we've got your little bundle of joy with us now it is. It is hugely taxing on people emotionally, physically, financially, and our thoughts are very much this morning with people going through it at the moment because it is certainly not an easy thing to go through. And while we're thrilled for everyone who's had successful stories, there are a lot of people that are really struggling with this. So we're thinking of you this morning.
Speaker 3: We're going to air our chat tomorrow with Anna, your friend who's on Big Miracles as well.
Speaker 1: And she's awesome. She's great, she's great, she's scary, honest, the.
Speaker 2: Way she attacks her situation, we'll give a lot of others inspiration.
Speaker 1: Great, she's great. She'll be on the show tomorrow and of course you can catch her on.
Speaker 4: Big Miracles on the nine Network.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much to everyone who came forward sharing their stories as well. Thank you for being Hey guys, we are getting out of here.
Speaker 1: To hit gorgeous sunshine.
Speaker 3: We're off to do the time.
Speaker 1: You're not going to do the tann Have you ever walked to the town you were going to go yesterday? How'd you go?
Speaker 3: I couldn't get there. I had to go the.
Speaker 2: Field church in Jay's tackling Anderson Street Hill.
Speaker 1: No one Wing, that's w hill Death. It's a great hill. It's good, good for the.
Speaker 4: Card, for the car.
Speaker 3: I like sitting there having a picnic, watching people take the hill.
Speaker 1: You can't, you can't. You're lying. You've never done that because there's a big fence unless you're sitting in the car eating a taco bell or you ain't.
Speaker 3: Having a little city and is it? Are out of here? Is in next We'll see them, everybody.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Jason Law Lauren Up feeling good.
Speaker 1: Number one hundred Laurence on Socials, No.
Speaker 6: M