Speaker 1: On scolds Oskolia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panety Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, a convicted murderer who stabbed a mother to death will be released from prison to undergo IVF treatment.
Speaker 2: Prue McSween will.
Speaker 3: Be here to discuss the latest failings of the Victorian justice system. We have the brilliant Douglas Murray and Batier Ungasagne on tonight.
Speaker 2: We are being spoilt with great minds. And later in the hour, Army.
Speaker 3: Horowitz will join me from Israel as the country strikes a ceasefire deal with Hesbula and left He's losing It features more than.
Speaker 4: One Hollywood star. My country is in its adolescence. Adolescence is very arrogant. Adolescence thinks it knows everything.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Prue McSween. Prue, let's start with fresh polling from red Bridge, which is led by a labor operative.
Speaker 2: Their research is revealed.
Speaker 3: That just one percent of blue collar workers strongly agreed that the Albaneze labor government has got its priorities right. You compare that to twenty one percent of professionals and managers through this political realignment we keep talking about on this program and on this station is real.
Speaker 2: And what's also real is that Anthony Albanese isn't a fair bit of trouble well.
Speaker 5: He's totally abandoned his primary workers, who are the people who traditionally voted labor. He's pursuing his virtue signaling ideological pro vanity projects. They don't resonate with people who are trading off whether they turn the lights on, pay the rent, or buy food for their children. He has totally lost any understanding of what Middle Australia is going through and we're all hurting. I don't care who it is. The working poor is a thriving sector now and he seems incapable of coming up with any solutions. We have charmers, the wonder Boy Treasurer who's pretending to be a treasurer who has no idea. They're lying to us. They're lying that what they're doing is actually going to help with interest rates, help us with cost of living. They promised at the elections that life was going to be so much better, and in fact it's got worse than it ever has. The statistics are saying that we've gone back to almost the nineteen fifties standard of living and we're living it. So alban Izzy has lost any credibility and I don't believe the man is going to survive. I don't think it will be a hung parliament. I think that Dutton will romp it in.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right about those living standards. The data that we've been talking about in the past week is shocking. We've seen the biggest drop in living standards, even bigger than the last four recessions we've faced, and that's reflected in this polling by Redbridge as well. Only thirty one percent of Australians said they were better off than they were two and a half years ago. So more than two thirds of Australians are saying we're worse off at a time where the government's telling us on everything's going really well.
Speaker 2: I'll just look at.
Speaker 3: The figures we're.
Speaker 2: Putting in front of you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Japan's former ambassador to Australia, Shino Yaga Mami. He's revealed in his new book Combating China's Wolf Warrior Diplomacy that he was summoned to Penny Wong's office back in twenty twenty one and cautioned over his public criticism of China. He writes, the choice of the word caution smacked of lecturing. As a general protocol of diplomacy, it was extraordinary and unacceptable for any ambassador representing his country to not to such a message from somebody who is not even representing her country. Prue, this does seem like an extraordinary thing for a shadow Foreign Affairs minister to do. Was Penny Wang speaking on her own behalf or she's representing Labor when she did.
Speaker 5: This, Well, she's an audacious person. She's very confident in herself to think that she can do this to break protocol almost you know, when we don't really this man had no idea whether she was speaking personally or on behalf of the opposition and potential government. But we all understand that Penny Wog and Labor have very unique special friendship with China, with these communists, and clearly that was on the agenda well before they got into power. And to actually feel that she can shirt front an ambassador from another country for suggesting a bipartisana approach between Australia and Japan over communist China's audacity and aggression in the South China Sea and with the trade tariffs. It's just remarkable. This woman we know is a mean girl. Being mean to other countries diplomats is way beyond the pale when you're particularly only in opposition.
Speaker 3: Well, we know the Prime ministert Anthony alban Easy is the favorite of the Chinese Communist Party at the moment, they keep singing his praises, saying other countries should follow his leader. Handsome boy is in the good books right now. That abs cheer Kim Williams has launched a astonishing attack against the world's leading podcaster, Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: Have a listened to what he had to say.
Speaker 7: I think people like mister Rogan pray on people's vulnerabilities. They pray on fear, they pray on anxiety, they pray on all of the elements that contribute to uncertainty in society, and they entrepreneur fantasy outcomes and conspiracy outcomes as being a normal part of social narrative. I personally find it deeply repulsive, and to think that someone has such remarkable power in the United States is something that I look at in disbelief. I'm also absolutely in dismay that this can be a source of public entertainment when it's really treating the public as plunder for purposes that are really quite.
Speaker 3: Malevolent, deeply repulsive disbelief, dismay. It's clear that Kid Williams doesn't actually listen to Joe Rogan because just about everything is said there was false and it just shows how out of touch and clueless is And given we fund the ABC to the tune of a billion dollars, more than a billion dollars every year, I.
Speaker 2: Got to say, Peru doesn't fill me with confidence me neither.
Speaker 5: I mean, why is this man in this position if he feels that someone who gets eleven million listeners to his podcast, who has the most sense a lot more and then some I'm probably more, you're right, and then has people knocking on his door, the world leaders, people who are scientists, the biggest brains in the world, wanting to be part of this conversation which is unfiltered. It's william suggesting that someone who is so successful that people want to listen to is dangerous, is someone that shouldn't be fostered and celebrated. Clearly, he doesn't understand that or perhaps it's foreign to him because he works at the ABC and no one really wants to listen to anything they say, so maybe it's just such a foreign thing.
Speaker 8: But you know, the bloke is dreaming.
Speaker 5: I've got to say, if he thinks that he is in despair over this, in a quandary over it, and clearly is in the wrong job, when get out Kim, because honestly, give someone a job to handle it.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing to have someone in a position like that who is so out of touch with the current media environment, with how people consume news, people have conversations the public square, and to have such a warped out look really just doesn't speak well for the job is going to be doing there. And as far as the APC goes, it doesn't matter how far left, how anti Israel their coverage is, it's still not left enough, not anti Israel enough for some of the pro Palestinian lobby.
Speaker 2: Listen to this poor ABC reporter being abused while she was trying to do across aby safe pullet.
Speaker 9: Hey they save blot come.
Speaker 10: About propaganda, propaganda.
Speaker 3: Zonus media, Zonus media. I got to say, every ABC report I've seen on this story has been very much leaning to the Palestine the inside, but still not enough for some of those activists.
Speaker 5: No, clearly not. She did very well to keep going, but they don't want to hear other perspectives on the ABC, and it's really unusual that this reporter has survived to be there. But you know, clearly it's appalling that in this country we have people who've either come here or have grown up here and do not want to have intelligent debate anymore in our news media or just generally. And it's a real concern that we should all be really, really anxious about.
Speaker 2: This has got me anxious.
Speaker 3: Convicted murderer Alicia Schiller, who was jailed in twenty seventeen for sixteen years for stabbing a mother to death over fifty dollars, She's been granted approval to be released from Victoria's maximum security prison to receive IVF treatment prove I'm not even going to go to the sixteen year sentence. And whether that's inadequate or not, but I would have thought that is the price you pay when your liberty is taken away, when you're being punished for committing a heinous crime. Like this the worst crime you can commit. That means that you have lost things.
Speaker 2: Like perhaps the opportunity to have children.
Speaker 3: And if she actually does have a child, that child has to be raised in prison because she still has a prison term to serve. So we're going to have a toddler running around in maximum security.
Speaker 2: Is that really something we want to inflict on a child.
Speaker 5: So this woman's killed a mother and now wants to be a mother and wants the state.
Speaker 2: To pay for it. All I can say, though.
Speaker 5: Rita, is if she did ever have this child, it would probably be better for the child if it was raised by someone else. But it is quite bizarre. You're so right. I mean, you're put in prison for punishment, you have your rights denied, and for her to feel that now she wants to have get her a dog, you know, she wants something to love, and this is you know, what she's now deciding is going to be right for her. She's forfeited that right. And if this does actually happen, I think we should all be really standing up and screaming about it.
Speaker 8: It's appalling.
Speaker 3: It is appalling, but it's not surprising in the Victorian justice system. Prim ex Queen thanks for your time tonight. Joining me now is best selling author Douglas Murray. His latest work is The War on the West. Douglas, let's start with the ongoing meltdown over Donald Trump's election triumph. Former German Chancellor Angela Merkle has lashed out at the president Alex saying he's driven by emotion in contrast to her factual approach. She also said, I wish with all my heart that Kamala Harris defeats her competitor and becomes president.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she's still wishing that, because it's done and dusted.
Speaker 3: Douglas, if only should listen to Donald Trump when you warned her about Germany becoming dependent on Russian energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's extraordinary, red.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Angler Merkel is much revered in Europe, and it seems around the international community for being this sort of strong woman who was the one who could.
Speaker 1: Make the tough decisions and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 11: But there were several just major geostrategic mistakes she made in her time in office, which is still having effects that reverberate across not just Europe but the world. One was making Germany's and the europe so dominant on Russian gas.
Speaker 1: Of course, her.
Speaker 11: Predecessor as Chancellor actually went to work for gas from the Putin, Russia owned gas company. She in meshed Germany even tighter into that, and it's had consequences that have been unbelievable for holding Europe a kind of hostage in its relations with Russia and indeed with Ukraine. Secondly, I mean, apart from anything else, you have the fact that Angela Merkel and when she talks about emotion, and she used emotion to make one of the worst decisions that's been made in our lifetimes in Europe, which was the decision that Europe's external borders should be opened and the over a million illegal migrants from all over the world to be allowed to just flood into Europe, something which is still happening because of the laxity of her border approach.
Speaker 1: She did that.
Speaker 11: It seems purely from emotion, and you know, it's just astonishing sometimes Retao that's for some reason.
Speaker 1: Some politicians can.
Speaker 11: Make absolutely epoch changing political mistakes and still be given reverential interviews by the world's media, and others can make tough decisions that actually save their countries, and they tend to be the ones that get.
Speaker 1: Harried in retirement by the media.
Speaker 11: It's astonishing watching the career of Angela Merkel.
Speaker 1: After office as it was during office.
Speaker 3: Well, as you said, her legacy is the changing face of Europe and will experience that for decades to come. The illegal immigration crisis in the US and the plight of unaccompanied children has again been highlighted, this time by Toddler. She's from El Salvador, we're told, and she arrived in the US holding a post it note with her name and number Peninsula.
Speaker 12: See D's angels Man to my mind, to Papa no manezuela, but I mama understand Douglas.
Speaker 3: There's been scanned coverage of the fact that more than five hundred thousand unaccompanied children have crossed the border without a parent or guardian since twenty twenty one, or the fact that there's thousands of these children missing. More than thirty thousand have failed to show up for court hearings according to the Department of Homeland Security. What's become of some of these children there whereabouts are unknown.
Speaker 1: And they'll remain unknown sadly.
Speaker 11: And this is another of the things that happens from the let's make major decisions based.
Speaker 1: On so called emotion.
Speaker 11: Kama Harris and Joe Biden were incapable or unwilling to make sure that the southern border of the United States held, and so, as you say, hundreds of thousands of children among others have been effectively trafficked through the border since then. The American system is inevitably completely overwhelmed, as the European system has been in recent years, as the Australian system would have been if the Australian authorities hadn't have taken some control of their borders in recent years or in recent decades. The US authorities do not have the capability to make sure that children born in the United States turn up to school and don't play truant. The idea that they could keep a tab on hundreds of thousands of illegals and children who are illegal migrants who've been trafficked over the border is frankly ludicrous. There just isn't the capability in DHS or anywhere else to address this. And all those I user term carefully, all those so called liberals who are in favor of so called liberal border policies, they never bother to look at what the next steps are in the consequences of their so called liberalism.
Speaker 1: They never bother.
Speaker 11: They just they thrive on the moral high of saying, at least we don't have strict borders. And then they let the story disappear because the moral high has disappeared, And it would disappear, wouldn't it, because the rest of the story isn't going to be so good. The rest of the story is going to be children trafficked at worst and at best put through a sort of black market systems set me legal illegal status for.
Speaker 1: Many years to come. So you know, well done, guys for the emotion thing.
Speaker 11: This is what you get when you pretend that politics is like an episode of the show Glee.
Speaker 3: Now you did warn us some months ago about the ICC, and you've been proven right there. The International Criminal Court has now issued arrest warrens for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nettina who and former Israeli Defense minister you have, gallant? Does this mean, Douglas, that the democratically elected prime minister of the only Jewish state in the world is going to be arrested if he travels to France or Britain or Germany or indeed Australia.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to see on this reata.
Speaker 11: But it's got an exceptionally it's an exceptionally dangerous precedent.
Speaker 1: The International Criminal Court. Of course, neither is.
Speaker 11: Now Israel nor America as signatories to it, very wisely in my view, because I think they realize there's no scenario in which an Israeli or American soldier or politician, retired or serving should ever be subjected to the whims of one of these corrupt so called international bodies. But of course many European countries and others are signatories to the International Criminal Court. This prosecutor from the UK, Karim Khan, has been the one pushing these arrest warrants. He did also issue an arrest warrant for a one leader of Hamaz who's dead, so that's brilliant. Obviously, it seems that the International Criminal Court in its jurisdiction now has not just anyone in the world, including democratic leaders in its sites, but also the dead. So that's a total farce. But it's going to be a very interesting tests this. So now there are only arrest warrants out for the first time for democratically elected leaders They've tried this stunt on Vladimir Putin, but they've never dared to try it on a democratically elected leader before, and they have with Netanyahu and Gallant. It has serious repercussions. As I mentioned in the New York Post, it could potentially mean that neither these Raeli prime minister nor the former defensemen is that can go, say, you know, to Europe or in fly over European airspace. Some European countries have already said they absolutely will not recognize these absurd kangaroo court warrants. Hungary, Austria, a number of other European countries have said absolutely they won't. The ones that I'm interested in are for rather obvious reasons. I'm very interested in Britain. The Labor government is squirming about this. It has previously said it would observe the International Criminal Court's judgments and warrants. I think they probably know, among other things, that this puts them in an incredibly unpleasant, ugly, visibly ugly diplomatic situation, visibly not just Israel, but America, and of course also maybe they also know Rita that if you're going to start going around issuing arrest warrants for war crimes. There are certain former Labor prime ministers who could quite easily in the near future be in the sights of that same kangaroo court. But the other country IM very interested in is Germany, because of course Germany. Isn't it fascinating Rita that a court set up after World War II.
Speaker 1: To prevent.
Speaker 11: War crimes should end up in its first judgment against the democratically elected leader singling out the minister of the one Jewish State, and that Germany a signatory undermines it would actually possibly be arresting the leader of the one Jewish State. Fascinating to see.
Speaker 1: What Germany does.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you, and the full version of that interview is available on.
Speaker 3: Our digital platforms including Stoney's Australia's channel on YouTube. Still to come and Left He's Losing It. Plus a leading investigative journalist blows the whistle on how a major network buried the Biden laptop stories.
Speaker 2: Battia Ungar Sagon is up next. Welcome back. It's time for Lefties Losing ed.
Speaker 3: Let's start with a special message from Vice President and failed presidential candidate Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Is this message delivered to her voters or is it for herself?
Speaker 13: I just have to remind you, don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did, and you have the same ability to engage and inspire. So don't ever let anybody or any circumstance take your power from you.
Speaker 2: Where's the joy?
Speaker 3: Yes, it does feel like she is repeating a mantrat to herself in the mirror daily. Now to someone else who needs a good hard look in the mirror, because everything Sharon Stone spews in this sad little Die tribe actually applies to her and her ilk.
Speaker 4: My country is in its adolescence. Adolescence is very arrogant. Adolescence thinks it knows everything. Adolescence is naive and ignorant and arrogant. And we are in our ignorant, arrogant adolescence. We haven't seen this before in our country. So Americans who don't travel, who eighty percent don't have a passport, who are uneducated, are in their extraordinary naivete.
Speaker 3: Extraordinary the deep delusion the self delighted arrogance and ignorance of a Hollywood elite who has zero understanding of our own country and countrymen, let alone the world. Even her little stat there about passports was wildly wrong, but the ill informed hatefield rant.
Speaker 2: Did not end there.
Speaker 4: Those good men must be very aware that a lot of your friends are not good men. And you can't continue to pretend that your friends are good men when they are not good men. And you must be very clear minded and understand that your friends who are not good men are dangerous, violent men, and you have to keep them away from your daughters, your wives, and your girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Finally, she had the courage to speak out about bad men when Harvey Weinstein was preying upon young women. But then Harvey is a Democrat. He hated Trump, he hates Trump. He even marched with the pussy hat brigade. Can you believe that against Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump and your remained protected?
Speaker 3: And let's end this Sharon Stone interlude with this ridiculous remark where she compares the real fascism Italy experienced in the past with Trump's election victory.
Speaker 4: You know, Italy has seen fascism. Italy has seen these things. You guys you understand what happens.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, someone should tell Sharon who the Italian prime minister is right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Italian Trump.
Speaker 3: Georgia Maloney, a center right woman who the media decried as a fascist, a far right extremist and a threat to the country. Sound familiar. She's now among, if not the most popular leader in Europe. Also in Italy is another lefty losing it, and he's a regular in this segment, Alec Baldwin, fresh from an awful Saturday Night live performance, and he too was bashing his country and his countrymen.
Speaker 1: It's a very difficult time in the United States America. It's a very uninformed about reality. W what's really going on?
Speaker 10: Let's climate change, Ukraine is the way you name it, all the biggest topics in the world.
Speaker 3: Now to Sann where Scott Jennings is the token conservative continues to embarrass the lefty losers.
Speaker 6: I heard what you're saying about X. I saw a survey this week. It's now the most ideologically balanced Oh com user platform.
Speaker 14: God stop stop, it's too early.
Speaker 2: I just said down.
Speaker 9: But we've been here for tras the show.
Speaker 2: But you cannot say that that's the case at what I thought.
Speaker 1: We've reported it on this network.
Speaker 2: It's not accurate and you know it.
Speaker 15: Okay, let you make your saying, Yes, Scott, what's your source? What's your source? It's too early for facts. Let's have a look at what his sources. Where Scott got those facts and figures from.
Speaker 1: Look at this the party idea.
Speaker 8: Among those who regularly use X slash Twitter for news. Back in twenty twenty two, sixty five percent of those who regularly use Twitter slash X for news, we're Democrats, just thirty one percent Republicans. Look at where we are today, just a completely different picture. Now it's basically split between Democrats at forty eight percent Republicans at forty seven percent. And what I should not mister Berman, is this now, this new overall makeup matches the overall electriate far better.
Speaker 3: Democrats still outnumber Republicans on X, but it's some sort of far right side.
Speaker 2: I mean, people who spew that nonsense obviously have.
Speaker 3: Zero experience on social media, or they're just dishonest.
Speaker 2: Take your pick.
Speaker 3: Now, let's check in with a grown man who identifies as a baby wearing a diaper, and he has a disturbing update for us.
Speaker 16: Yeah, workome our drop off of order and my date he's getting kind of full right now, so I might need to change really soon. But it is very discreete check out my last of a discrete outfits video. But my daper is getting a little.
Speaker 1: Full right now.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Deputy Opinion editor at Newsweek, Battia on Ga Sagon. Tia, let's hear from Emmy Award winning former CBS investigative journalist Catherine Harry, who left the network early this year and can now reveal how they refused to air the stories the contents of that infamous Biden laptop until after the midterm elections.
Speaker 14: I went to a lot of effort to get the cleanest copy of the laptop data, the same data that was provided to the FBI, because I didn't want to have any professional journalistic risk for CBS News. I wanted this thing to be totally locked down. When we did the story, we did it after the midterms. I argued against that because it was ready before the midterms, and my training is that you should always do the story when it's ready to go. You should not be dictated by the political cycle.
Speaker 2: But Tia, the story was good to go. It was ready, but they didn't want to run it before the midterms.
Speaker 10: It's an absolute scandal.
Speaker 9: Rito.
Speaker 10: What you have here is a news organization pretending to be objective and actually literally carrying water for one of the candidates and one of the parties and one of the sides in this two party system here. And when you think about the fact that CBS ran one of the presidential or the vice presidential debate, right like, how can this be? How can we allow this to stand where the media has chosen a side when it is their job to help the American people choose what is best for them. And you just see this in time and time again. You know, CBS just got caught doing it. But if you think that the journalists at the New York Times and The Atlantic and the Washington Post and CNN and MSNBC are any different, they really aren't. Ninety six percent of journalists are Democrats.
Speaker 2: It's a huge scandal, it is, and it only gets worse here.
Speaker 3: Catherine explains, CBS did not want to report on legitimate stories like the use of the N word in these text messages.
Speaker 14: Once we got the laptop story on the Morning News, I felt that there was so much there that we could still do. For example, in the text messages, there's unfortunately the use of the word, the liberal use of the N word, and I thought this was worthy of a story, but I was told that it was not something that interested CBS News. Then I asked for a forensic review of the laptop and we found that there were more than half a dozen emails that were likely used by Joe Biden. I thought that was a story, but the answer that came back was, well, we need to know what the content is of the emails, but that was going to be a year's long process.
Speaker 3: Extraordinary not just the president's involvement in these emails, but the fact that these text messages had the liberal use of the N words.
Speaker 2: She said that.
Speaker 3: They would ignore that when they've been so obsessed with race and any sort of racial slur or any suggestion of racism, and you've got the use of the N word, and you think.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, one's going to be interested in that.
Speaker 10: I mean, Rita, can you even imagine if they found text messages from Eric Trump or Don Junior that had the N word in them. I mean, they would talk about nothing else for a month. I mean, you just know that this is true. And meanwhile, they smear Donald Trump, and they smear the MAGA movement as racist when actually covering up actual racism on their own side. And it's so amazing because you know that they are out there scouring, scouring tapes for some indication that Donald Trump is racist, a man who obviously does not have a racist bone in his body, because they found nothing, nothing, reader in all of this time, while actively suppressing evidence that Joe Biden's own son uses the N word. I mean, it's really so revealing, and I'm so glad that this reporting is out there, and I'm so glad that you are calling attention to it.
Speaker 3: Well, is it any wonder that trust in the media is at historic lows in the US, and you can see why people are increasingly turning to the likes of Joe Rogan. The Democrats are very eager to create their own Joe Rogan. But as he explains, yeah, they had him, he was a Democrat. Listen to this discussion between Joe Rogan and Mark Anderson.
Speaker 6: To pay people, it's not going to have the same impact. You know, think these call her Daddy shows and all these different shows that she went on. I mean, I'm sure they had an impact, but I think that in the future, I'm sure they're scrambling to try to create their own version of this show. This is one thing that keeps coming up, like we need our own Joe Rogan.
Speaker 10: But they had me number one, They had you number one, They had you, they had you in the drive of your way.
Speaker 1: Is that number one numbers?
Speaker 6: But they also have you know, ABCNBCCBS, CNN, right, but that doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 2: They had him.
Speaker 3: He was a Democrat, like so many others now who are standing with Donald Trump, including Elon Musk and RFK Junior, Tarsi Gabbard. Joe Rogan donated to Bernie Sanders. It was a Bernie bry wasn't he. And to see him be red peel, to see him be personally attacked by the leftist media, and it's opened his eyes to how the system works. What will the Democrats have to do to counter this? Because that can go and pay podcasts, that can pay Oprah, but it just doesn't have the same impact.
Speaker 10: The reason that you can't imagine a Joe Rogan on the left is because the thing that they want is not the thing that he is actually doing. They believe that they are smarter than everybody else and that therefore they should be able to tell the American people what to think, and then they project their fantasy onto Joe Rogan that he's literally telling people what to think, and they're following him like zombies as he tells them to vote for Donald Trump, when of course the opposite is the case. The reason Joe Rogan is so popular is because he never tells anybody what to think. He listens to this one, he listens to that one, He asks questions, and then he's like, eh, who knows, make up your own mind, right. That's why he's so popular because he is a truly independent thinker. And that's why you will never have a Joe Rogan on the left because Rita they are incapable of independent thought, which is why the American people have totally turned on them.
Speaker 2: Well, it's becoming like Islamism.
Speaker 3: As someone who escaped an Islamist country, it's total submission. You either submit to what we think on every issue, or you're on the outer. You start getting attacked, and that's what happened with Rogan. I want to ask you about special counsel Jack Smith has dropped the January sixth and classified document cases against Donald Trump. We spoke about that yesterday, but we cannot get past the manner in which he weaponized the Department of Justice. He wasn't alone, but let's not forget he tried to bypass lower court rulings. He tried desperately to manipulate the process so the trial could be before the election. Is there going to be any accountability for Jack Smith and others like him?
Speaker 10: You know, there are competing impulses here we are. On the one hand, Donald Trumps been very clear that he does not intend to persecute his political opposition or to re revenge. He's not interested in that. On the other hand, he has said repeatedly they're not coming after me because of me. They're coming after me because they're coming after you, the American people. I'm just standing in the way. And I think it's very important to him to make sure that this can't happen to any other Americans who don't have his resources. And so I think that's the fine line that you're gonna see Pambondi and others trying to walk here, which is to somehow bring justice back to justice to somehow de weaponize the justice system, but not to then reweaponize it as a revenge tactic. So there were real, real abuses of the law which deserved to be You know, we need accountability there, but I think it's going to be done in a very delicate, balanced way, or I hope so.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. But as you said, the keyword there was accountability.
Speaker 3: Those who have abused their power, abused their officers need to face accountability. Otherwise there is no reason for this not to happen again. And I think it's just that sense of justice that needs to prevail here. Batia Unga Sagon. Always a pleasure.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for you to God bless you soon still to come.
Speaker 3: Army Horowitz joins me from Israel as the country strikes a ceaseply deal with Hezbula.
Speaker 2: You're watching the Rita Panny Show.
Speaker 3: Joining me now from Israel is documentary filmmaker and commentator Armi Horoiz. Armi Israel and Hezbula have now entered into a permanent ceasepire. This is an agreement that was mediated by President Joe Biden. But as The Washington Post reported two weeks ago, the seaspy deal is a result of Donald Trump's election victory. The Washington Post reports that during a visit to Marra Lago, one of Benjamin ETTINNYA, who's senior as, told Donald Trump that Israel's rushing a ceaspy deal in Lebanon as a gift to Trump before traveling to the White House to hold talks with President Biden. What else can you tell me about this ceasepire deal? Is there confidence in Israel that it will hold?
Speaker 17: Yeah, there are a lot of people in Israel who are happy this is going to happen. Look, it's always unknown whether or not ceasefires hold or they don't.
Speaker 9: Only time will tell.
Speaker 17: We're talking about a dealing with an implacable enemy who has made it their life's work to destroy the state of Israel. So you're always dealing with the group of people who you can deal with in the short term, but I think solved nothing in the long term when it comes to as firelight. But for the most part, Look, I'm in Israel. This is this is a new event that happened just forard the end of the night. But people are skeptical, but I think overall are happy about it. Look, this is so interesting. Let's go back to January nineteen eighty one and a few hours, actually, a few minutes after Ronald Reagan was inaugurated as president, the Iranians let go of all the American hostages because they were frightened about what he would do to them, right, coming off a democratic president who they didn't fear at all.
Speaker 9: Right, does this makes sense at all? This remind you of anything today? Look, this is not Trump, Trump's first foreign policy win before he's become president.
Speaker 17: Just earlier this month, Kat Dark Kid Caamas out of their country. They didn't do it because they feared Biden. They did it because they feared Trump. We were already seeing Trump's sixth sas in the foreign policy sphere. Look, I'm actually now becoming more optimistic about what he can do. Let's say, with with Ukraine and Russia. I think both sides fear Trump. Both sides realized that they need to make a deal because they're not sure what Trump is.
Speaker 2: Going to do.
Speaker 9: And I think that's a good Thingness.
Speaker 17: This lack of clarity on how Trump is going to react, he's actually served him really well. Look again, to go not to go overall his greatest hits but I'll remind you of when everybody's attacking Donald Trump for his view on NATO, he had this quote unquote bluster about defunding NATO.
Speaker 9: You know what the net result that was, that result that was the six out of the thirty one.
Speaker 17: NATO countries who before Donald Trump did not hit at their two percent threshold target on spending. Now twenty three out of thirty one are in fact hitting that number because they were scared about how Trump might react. All these things are interconnected. Rito, All these things are an out growth of a Trump presidency that's on the horizon.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's peace through strength. That's been the philosophy. That is, it might seem erratic and unconventional, but it works. It's worked in the past, and let's hope it works again. And it seems to be working already now. Talk about talking about Donald Trump's a transition team.
Speaker 2: He's picked doctor.
Speaker 3: J Batacheria to lead the NIH. He is the nomination now for Director of the National Institute of Health. This is army, I've got to say, a brilliant pick. He is professor at Stanford School of Medicine, and throughout the COVID era, he showed enormous good judgment. He showed enormous courage to challenge some of the bone headed, anti scientific and harmful COVID measures we saw, from school closures to mass lockdowns. He was attacked for it, he was defamed for it, but he stood up to that bullying. To speak truth to power, and to see him elevated and recognized like this, I think is enormously important and he will do a great job in the role.
Speaker 17: I mean, Rita, you took the words right in my mouth. There's nothing I really need to add to that.
Speaker 9: It was a great pick.
Speaker 17: It was another winning pick for Donald Trump, and certainly it's a pick that the left fears.
Speaker 9: I don't know exactly why, but they seem.
Speaker 17: To think that anybody who had a counterprevailing view of COVID with some kind of weird anti scientific whack job, when in reality history has proven them right.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 9: His entire.
Speaker 17: Process of saying, look, let's trunch out the people who have COVID by age, by their ability to get particularly sick by COVID. Let's create and immuniate natural immunity just far more a durable than these shots. The jabs, as they called it, that they were given has all proven to be correct. Yet the left is up in arms about this pick. It goes to show how they are not living a reality. Again, going back to why did Trump win this election for these kind of reasons, because the left is so out of touch with mainstream America how they view the world, and by the way, how they viewed COVID looking now back in the past. And by the way, he's also spoken very publicly butt the NIH prior to this pick, talking about the need for efficiency in this organization. And by the way, this is a hallmark of all of Trump's picks, the idea that there needs to be government efficiency, government accountability.
Speaker 9: This is another pick that will do exactly that. I'm thrilled.
Speaker 3: Government efficiency and also doing something about that overreach because we've seen institutions be guilty of that in recent years.
Speaker 2: You've been out and about talking to lefties.
Speaker 3: You love doing that, And I've got to say, they've got some strange ideas about borders.
Speaker 2: They seem to think borders are racist racist.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh, wait to do this, I'm really there's no need to really expand on that, just kind of self explanatory.
Speaker 9: Yeah, do you think that having a border is an expression of racism.
Speaker 1: It's a tool of research, that's control.
Speaker 2: So they automatically racist.
Speaker 8: I think they were better than lemus.
Speaker 2: Why because we're starting there on that side.
Speaker 3: Well, those folks are going to be very triggered when they hear from this next next grab, this is Trump's borders are pig. Tom Holman, who's worn sanctuary cities against blocking immigration authorities from carrying out these mass deportations that Trump has promised, he is there will be harsh consequences if they obstruct these plans, and his simple message is don't test us.
Speaker 2: Here he is alongside Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
Speaker 12: So if reader on the help, that's fine.
Speaker 1: He can get the hell all the way. But we're going to go do the job.
Speaker 12: President Trump has a mandate American people.
Speaker 9: We got to secure this country.
Speaker 1: We got to save American lives.
Speaker 3: Oh dear mey, do you think these sanctuary cities will follow through on their vow to stop the deportations and to go to any measure necessary to stop these deportations?
Speaker 17: Following again another great pick by Donald Trump. President like Donald Trump, absolutely love that guy. He is going to get the job done. This is so incredible to me reader, Right, we literally just had an election primarily on this issue itself. Right, It was the economy number one and immigration a close second. It is unbelo believable to me that these blue cities and blue states have not learned the lesson on this issue. They are doubling down when they literally just lost an election because of it. This is this bodes very poorly for the Democratic Party. Again, the crazy people you saw just earlier, I interviewed them about racism. Yes, they're the hard left, but let me tell you something. It is their views that have been driving the views of the general Democratic Party on immigration. And this is why we had the situation we find ourselves in today. Look, not only they lose the election of the general public. Let's not forget that in the blue cities and the Blue states, these these these elected officials are going against what their own people want.
Speaker 9: All of these cities.
Speaker 17: Yes, they ultimately voted for Joe Biden obviously California, Illinois, Massachusetts, but they all trended toward Trump. Trump got a larger percentage of their share than he did and the last election. Why primarily in those cities. Now they subsolutely their cities and their states.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent ride, huge shifts in those blue states. Army Horowitz, thanks for your time, and that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Newsnight is up next