Speaker 1: Appo Shape Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 2: The question we ask three times a week.
Speaker 1: We're in term four now, yes we are.
Speaker 2: Christmas is coming.
Speaker 1: Elsie made that comment to me the other day of going, oh, there is no need to say that Christmas is only eleven weeks away or ten weeks away or whatever it is. She's like, that's just far too far away. It's not far enough, my friend. From a parenting perspective, You're going, Actually, it's so close that people are sending like text messages about like, what's plans for Christmas? I haven't even worked out what next week is.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what's planned for this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: We're on Instagram as well at am I A Bad mom? Speaking of Elsie because this is perfect for her. And actually Amelia sent me this. And Amelia is the oldest twin by by one minute, one very important minute, but she sent this through and it's a meme and it says new study shows that the youngest sibling is fifty percent more likely to end up in jail than the oldest sibling.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mom? For missing them? Just a little bit too? Much.
Speaker 2: I was having a conversation about you to somebody the other day and I don't know what you're about to talk about. The conversation was around Rachel was finding it a lot more difficult with her kids growing up.
Speaker 1: And not needing her as much. I think I am.
Speaker 2: I think I'm quite embracing the let's move on to the next bit. When are you moving out?
Speaker 1: I think this comes off the back of coming out of holidays. So we just had the last lot of school holidays, right, and I randomly had majority of the school holidays without kids because my mom took them away, which we spoke about. That's on Nanadee. You talk them to the middle of Queensland. They went out, they had the best holidays, right. But you know when you get to the back of holidays and then you're talking with other mums and they go, oh, how did you go for school holidays? And I had this. I didn't have my kids for school holidays, but they had the best time they went away. I just worked and did life. And I've said it to a few mums and they sort of looked at me with this foul disgust on their way. So I like, how fucking dare you have no kids? I genuinely missed them so much. You know, we talk about this podcast so many things with reflection like that self reflection. This was like a real soppy self reflection of I actually am not sure what I'm going to do without them, kind of like reflection. It's real weird and you and like we've been talking about this on the podcast for a couple of weeks where you're like, power on, pony, let's go. I'm ready, are you moving out? Oh? You're getting your driver's license? Oh? This is one do you know what I mean? And here I am just like holding on tightly, just going like, don't grow up, please take me with you vibe.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at you with a very confused look right now because I know it's very puzzling to me, I think because I've always been the other one. I'm like, who even are you?
Speaker 1: I've been the other way? Well, just simply means that I'm going through something, not them, just me, like me internally and personally, it's obviously going through something.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's to be like a little bit easier at the moment too, because I don't feel like this will be the same conversation off the back of the morning of them fighting, putting their shoes on, not getting out of the house, and all the.
Speaker 1: Rest, all of the other jars that comes with it. And I think it's probably from having nearly two weeks away from each other and I it's two weeks. It was nearly two weeks by the time I got back from Remember we had the dance concert and then dance and then more dance, and I drove home late on the Tuesday afternoon with both the girls. They literally got in the car and started the journey on the same day that we got home from NUSA, and then I didn't see them till the following Friday night, where they were back to school on the Monday.
Speaker 2: So I reckon it's going to be a really weird feeling when I know, we joke about the fact that I don't think my kids are going to move out for a very long time, at least thirty ire and I'm not even joking at.
Speaker 1: Of what it costs. Yeah, that's exactly right. Life's so good at home. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: They've got school camp coming up. They don't want to go. They're absolutely hating the thought of going to school cap. We got to do this an I'm like, school camp will be fun. No, it won't, your alliance mate.
Speaker 1: It's only countdowns on how many days until like because it always falls around their birthday, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not on their birthday this year, but yeah, it's close. We talk about the fact that they are never going to move out, but what are we gonna do when they actually do move out. I know that over those two weeks that your girls were away, you were struggling with what do I do with myself? Because every single day is about what your kids need. You wake up in the morning and it's about what they need. They need breakfast, what do they need for school today? Do they have to pack a pee kit? Where are they going after school? Then it's dinner time, homework, bedtime. Every part of your day is thinking about your kids. So then we're not around.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was like. And you know when it was for me, like the time of day sort of that three pm drough to almost like seven pm because they from little right, we've always had a routine. I always had a routine, and the back end of the day was always like really quite a strong routine. It was you know, play, have fun, get dirty, all the rest, and then it would come in. It would be like bath, dinner, wine down, you know, maybe a bit of TV or whatever, and then reading and then bedtime. It was always just so like it's always been that back end of the day routine, Katie. There was a day I was sitting there at my laptop just trying to constructively do some work. I'm just sitting there like this or what do I do now? I didn't even have to cook dinner, but I still chose to cook dinner, but I could cook stuff that actually adults wanted.
Speaker 2: Would have helped you in anyway if I had to come over to your house during that time, just messed shit up, just kick my shoes off, made it a bit messy, so you had to, you know, tidy up behind me, complained about whatever you cook for dinner, and then just argued.
Speaker 1: With you feel right. The funniest part was, though, there was like an option or a time where someone said something about like catching up with kids, and I was like, oh, yeah, no, I'm not. No, you've got all your kids. Oh no, oh no, you don't do that. I don't need to catch up because I don't have any kids, and you've got lots of kids, so I don't really need to catch up. Yeah, no, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: I've had that recently too, where someone was like, de fancy doing this, and I was like, not really, because my kids are away on the weekend, and yes, I would love to catch up with you. I don't want to catch up with you if there's other kids.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: There Like not that I don't like your kids. Your kids are beautiful, love your kids, but I just don't want to be around kids. If I don't have my kids, I don't be around anyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is exactly right. And I sort of looked at them. I was like, you know, I love you guys, but I'm probably good actually sit on my own, sit on the couch by myself and wonder what my children are doing. I love that they had the best time aback to wrap this up. When they did get home, I got like a really warm reception and like it was big hugs and all the rest, And then I found myself hugging them a little bit too much, to the point that my second born by Sunday, so he had only been home Friday night, so Saturday Sunday, she was like, Ah, can you actually stop hugging me? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with me? I just I've missed you and you've been away for two weeks. Oh can you stop hugging me a little bit too much? Sake? I'm like this, I'm like, I can't win here. I can't win. One minute I don't hug you enough, next minute, I'm hugging you too much. What do you want from me? Kid? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I had that recently too. Don't hug me? Yeah, an episode of the podcast, and I was like, don't hug me.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, just go be here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is what we're going to do next school holidays and your kids go away. I'm going to come over.
Speaker 1: I'm going to mess it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make you. I'm going to make you feel right at home. I'm going to complain about dinner and probably argue with you. I'm going to probably tell you that I hate you a few time and time, and then I will hug you. I'll give you a hug.
Speaker 1: Because wrap it up with a big hug. I love you, but I hate you, but here's a hug. Anyway I'll feel right at home