Speaker 1: We got Getty Morning every day, every lady, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Adelaide, Lly On, Delli and Jelly on the Blie flying through the belly singing nearly with they.
Speaker 3: Please, Welcome to the show, Josh Shelley, Jodes.
Speaker 4: We've always said this, Fridays start the right way when Joshua Shelley is in the studio.
Speaker 5: Serious Welcome Josh, Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: It's always nice when you come off a showdown win, No.
Speaker 5: It is makes it a lot easier to Yeah.
Speaker 1: What were the celebrations like? Short lived?
Speaker 5: They were We got to move on pretty quickly, but it was a great win, especially for our fellow mate Rory Slain and we had Debutane Dan Kirton and Matt Crash one fifty. There was a few things going on, so it was a good win for those works.
Speaker 1: Can I ask Ruth Sloane text walk at greatest romance of all time?
Speaker 4: It's up probably yeah, I'd see what it would have eventually, maybe even pass that romance. It's probably going to be Josh Shelley and jakeson Lego. Okay, is that it's pretty strong from what we're seeing in the early days.
Speaker 1: How much time are you two spending together away from the club. A lot we lived together, so okay, well that'll do it. Does he have any habits at home that you find a little bit irritating or annoying?
Speaker 5: There's some disgusting things that go on. We actually live with Luke Nan Curvis, so he's another part of the bromance the trio. Yeah, we share a tour together, so it won't going to about that. You can just imagine.
Speaker 4: Wow, just makes you wonder, doesn't it. Anyway, let's just move on into what was it interesting situation during the week big screen at training with some showdown highlights. What exactly was going on? Can you lift the lid on this place?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the media were quoting that we're watching the highlights from the game and just celebrating that, which was completely wrong.
Speaker 4: Strange and a bunch of Crows players we're eating popcorn while these.
Speaker 1: Things were going a couple of beanbags.
Speaker 5: I don't even think we watched that once, to be honest, we'll too busy training. But yeah, to tell everyone, we're just watching some contested stuff that was going on, some of our game plan things that we executed. Well, so that's what was being played.
Speaker 4: Just to confirm that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Completely unusual for football reporters to twist things to suit their own means is Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 4: We know we can do. Was report on what you see?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Josh. There was an interesting deposit made in someone's locker this week. Tell us about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a certain individual that wanted to put a bird in another person's locker and thought he would get away with it until there was a camera footage of him with his jersey on while doing it with the number ten on, which made it even so. Luke Pedler, you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Did someone go let's check the cameras on that and see who's done it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it'll through the front door as well. So you were never going to a.
Speaker 1: Way so stealth, so stealth from Luke Pedler.
Speaker 4: Who's the biggest prankster at the club by the way, Luke Padley, Because never Hendry gives it a crack, doesn't.
Speaker 5: It he does. That's why he was the one who coughed it. A bit of wall going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, big job a head up in Brisbane it is, Yeah, they at home in Brisbane, I mean at home in Adelaide. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I love a wrong location.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: No one does it better.
Speaker 4: The amount of times Joseph Joey's turned up to the wrong stadium ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not even joking. We had there was a I reckon it was a Crows presser once that I went all the way to the West Lakes for and it was it Adelaide.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's good anyway, Yeah, it's going to be exciting. They obviously had a really good win with four or five players that weren't even playing, so they did really well there. And they had one of those guys who played a whole VFL game eight macers and then came and played, so that was pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: And kicked the goal on the boot and kicked the guard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for all those nutrition us out there, you have to eat the right food. Es Mack is the key sponsor of the AFL and awhere you go.
Speaker 4: There's definitely something in that, Josh, and no doubt should be up today with what's going on because you're an aved over listener. Saturday, the eighteenth of May, I'm going to strap the skates back on and I'm going to play for Elizabeth Eagles against Central United. So are you aware of what's been happening in the meter at the moment with are the Elizabeth Eagles?
Speaker 5: I am aware. I'm pretty sure they were the team that lost by was it five hundred points? The biggest ever amateurly.
Speaker 1: Eighty two goals? Can you imagine playing in a game and watching eighty two goals go here?
Speaker 5: I heard it was like twenty nine in the first quarter. Right, it's good start.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and sixty odd points up at three quarter time. But they didn't take the foot off the pedal? Did they hate it?
Speaker 4: They smelt light and a real taste for it.
Speaker 1: So Andrew Hayes is going to play? Firstly, I want to know how you think he's going to go nine years retired out of the sand for where he won two premierships. I want to know how you think he's going to go. And also do you think you have a decent celebration that you can teach him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, please, Well the main tip would be warm up because we don't want you're doing any hammies or carves or quads.
Speaker 1: So make sure that's have you've seen those cars are magnificent?
Speaker 4: What about the advice from Tim Giniver, which was, you're definitely going to do a hammy, ye, so don't go hard before the game. Just say it. You might as well do the hammy in the game then before the game. True, but it's a definite that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: That's true. Yeah, I've got I've got an old mate, Sketch. He's one of the guys that I've been doing my slevrations. For the bit of the commentary, I thought it was the Cray but it wasn't. That was definitely on Sketch. I was on Sketch. So what's up, brother? That's definitely one that the kids love. So if you got around.
Speaker 1: That I say that at the schools will be yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was going off you channel a bit of as well, didn't you.
Speaker 5: I did yeah last year?
Speaker 4: How does that go again?
Speaker 5: You just kind of jump up and then underneath I.
Speaker 1: Can't do that if you girl? That is symbolic if something completely differ.
Speaker 4: Also, what I would say, Josh, is that when I did that, if you're going from motion to automatically stopping, I don't want to do a double acl.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's all right. Maybe we can work together a video of some potential celebrations.
Speaker 4: Heah nice, all right, mate, thanks for joining us. And if we do have a message for your beautiful housematee Jake's lego. It's just to take it easy on the toilet Jakie.
Speaker 3: Jakie about to make a big mistaky.
Speaker 4: Sounds like the toilet brush is there for a raising? Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: That's exactly anyway. Good luck at Barnica Oval on the weekend.
Speaker 3: He's what you're.
Speaker 6: Waking up to Adelaide Today, breaking news.
Speaker 3: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: My snooze news, valuable information that we will bring you each and every morning, the top three stories from the past twelve to twenty four hours. We've got it right here, right now, with the help of news read Abbey. I'm going to go first this morning. Jim Chalmers has come out and said ahead of the federal budget, we need to make more babies.
Speaker 7: Go off.
Speaker 4: Jim, just fucking up. I'm sorry, my beautiful wealth carb. Whatever Jim Charmers tells me to do, I'll do it. I will do it for the sake of the country.
Speaker 1: I feel like with seven children between us, we've made our contribution to the population growth in Australia. Don't look at me. What have you contributed so far? Two sausage dogs.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: I gave birth to them.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's just strange thing to give birth to.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm not sure about the theory behind this, but apparently immigration is set to decline, therefore we need to have more children internally. Also, when the federal budget job seek is going to jump from the current seven hundred and sixty two dollars per fortnite for single people to one thousand dollars and four dollars per fortnite. That's a rise of one hundred and twenty one dollars a week to Wow, that's massive. So this confuses me. You might be able to help me out in this space, but aren't we crying out for childcare workers? Aren't we crying out for teachers and nurses? And aren't we crying out for people to build houses?
Speaker 8: One hundred percent? We don't have enough space to house everybody. Nobody can afford it anything. Yeah, nobody's saving Well, some people are saving money if you're lucky, but a lot of us aren't.
Speaker 1: At the moment. It's a bit of a just show out the odd encouragement in the middle of the cost of living crisis, to encourage people to have more babies that they can't afford and no baby bonus yeah either, Okay, yeah, politics, Ah there, politics, What do you think to contribute, Andrew?
Speaker 4: It's a fun chat, but I dare say, ladies, we must move on, and unfortunately we move on to something which is really really concerning and quite disgusting to be honest. Gold Coast Sign's play will Power has become the second AFL player to be banned after using a homophobic slur during a game, which during the Q Clash. He's been whacked with a five game suspension. This is what he said yesterday.
Speaker 7: I hope that you take my apology sincerely, as it's coming from the heart. Again, I was just so I extremely regret what I've said, and I'm extremely apologetic. In the future, I plan to be better by educating myself and I know what I said was wrong.
Speaker 4: This is quite an incredible space at the minute. Because Jeremy fin Lasteon was given three games, will Power's suspension is five games. So the AFL, quite rightly so is really really coming down harshly in this space. But yeah, there's a lot of questions still to be answered.
Speaker 8: So he set a homophobic slow in their Brisbane their match against brucebe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know. I mean, everyone was like, well do what he say was worse than what Finn license it. And I think the messages it doesn't matter. Well, the fact that I think the messages of the AFL like I don't care what you say enough enough we won't tolerate it. And I think, I think the fact that it's the first thing to come to their heads to say instead of just oh you're an idiot or whatever. If that's the first thing to jump to their heads, that's a concern.
Speaker 4: One hundred is But times are changing abs for the better. So yeah, interesting to see how the AFL handle if there is another situation like this, how they would handle it. Hopefully that is the last that we'll see of such situations.
Speaker 1: Five weeks is a long time to sit there and think about what you've said.
Speaker 4: Certainly is what's going like the.
Speaker 1: Naughty corner for toddlers, isn't it. You'll be there for five weeks.
Speaker 8: I spent lots of time in the naughty corner. Now this story has more twist and turns than you remember that Channel seven show Revenge.
Speaker 1: We still love that show.
Speaker 8: A port Linkan father, do you remember Revenge? It was the best show ever. So Portland and Father. We heard yesterday he had been arrested in Bali on drug offenses. Now more has come out overnight about what actually happened. So apparently Troy Smith had a package sent to him from Cans to his.
Speaker 1: Villa in Bali.
Speaker 8: On there it said that there was some photos or receipts and private paperwork and a tube of lubricants.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe he was chafing in the thighs.
Speaker 1: Possibly that happens in Bali.
Speaker 8: Yes, Now the inside the bag wasn't actually a tube of lubricant. It was a Colgate toothpaste container that had methamphetamine in it. Now it's then also come out that he went and bought methamphetamine out on the street, about four hundred dollars worth. So all of this combined, the lawyer is trying to get him off and say he has a drug addiction issue and he needs to go to rehab, don't imprison him. But like we said yesterday, he could be facing up to twelve years and Barley have some of the toughest drug laws in the world.
Speaker 4: The early prediction he gone jail for a long time.
Speaker 8: His wife was arrested with him as well, but she's since been released, so it's all on him by the looks of it. So you have some odd conversations in newsrooms when these sort of stories break, right, the conversation that tech rooms today was well, so so was it toothpased a loop?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need to know.
Speaker 1: Someone just tell us toothpaste.
Speaker 4: A loob And that's how one of the backgrounds like, what's the difference apes? Massive difference, I'm telling you as.
Speaker 1: You can catch you on next gueses hurtling through the air at any given time, gymnas, acrobats and platform divers. The pair are part of the tour de force that is sirq de Silay Lucia coming to Adelaide's Wayville Showgrounds on June ninth. Please welcome to the studio. The bendis people in the room from Soup to Silay Nelson smiles and Helena Merton. Oh guys, we could not be more excited to have you in the studio. So we have what are you dressed as?
Speaker 9: I'm a hummingbird.
Speaker 1: Hummingbird and a monarch butterfly.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a studio.
Speaker 4: We're saying for Joe, as if it's not obvious that we've got a monarch butterfly in.
Speaker 1: Front of us, Well, I've found you with some sort of butterfly creature. Hey, guys, welcome, Welcome to Adelaide for cirqu Deslay. I am so so curious about the background and the process of you guys auditioning to become part of the show and how it all works. It's in Canada, is it not. It's based there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's a it's a Canadian based company based out of Montreal. But I didn't audition. Actually I didn't think because I went to the National Institute of Circus Arts in Melbourne. Circus UNI and CIRT came a couple of clown college.
Speaker 4: So that's what just jumped into my head.
Speaker 9: That's what I said. When I left home. I hopped in my car at six am. I said it's enough, I'm going to Cloud College and I drove away. But so Sirt came to do auditions at NIKA. But I was you know, I wasn't prepared. I didn't have an act. I didn't feel professional enough or anything like that. Yeah, and so I never did it, but they they found me on Instagram. I had I would post all of my circus stuff online, and they needed someone that could do hoop diving, which is my specialty in the show. That's what the Hummingbirds do. Yes, understudy for the clown, which I do occasionally, and was tall and so here we are, here, we are, here.
Speaker 1: We are And what about you, Helena.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I did a online kind of audition, like a video audition, and then I also did a live audition at the Big Top poctually.
Speaker 1: How nerve wracking was that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was all filmed and sent back to Montreal to the headquarters so that they could analyze it and compare it to other candidates.
Speaker 1: And I was telling Hazy about this this morning. One of the youngest to ever compete in the Red Bull. Oh gosh, you're expectable and diving.
Speaker 4: This is ridiculous platform dive. Just tell us exactly what it is, but it's it's like super scary high stuff. Yeah, it is quite high.
Speaker 10: It's around twenty one meters jumping off that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So actually that kind of helped me with Luzio as well, because we have like a Russian swing act and we go really quite high and we're landing on a mat, not on water, So.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit more scaring away.
Speaker 4: Does it scary like when you're up there and you're waiting, you're just about to dive off? What's gone through your head? Because I think for the standard person it is, let's not die today.
Speaker 1: Most of the time you feel pretty prepared.
Speaker 10: You know, you've done all your work leading up to it, and I mean you're a professional at that stage. So but a lot of concentration, I would say, rather than fear, it's just really been concentrated in the moment.
Speaker 1: And as there's a real water element to this show, isn't there.
Speaker 9: One of the most special parts of Lozio. It's curtusles first touring bigtop show to feature water. I was saying, I under study for the clown as well, and he has an awesome act where he interacts with We call it the rain Curtain, and it's one hundred and forty seven little valves that essentially three D print the water so they can use it to bring.
Speaker 1: The water to life kind of thing, and just tell us a little bit about life on the road, because you guys are away from home so much. You travel just like literally years at a time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we did what a year and a half in Europe, and we just came back from five months in Korea and it's the first time bringing the show home. So that's super special. Yeah, super super special.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's twenty five years in Australia as well. Yeah, celebrating.
Speaker 4: So taking them all off at one, did you get homesick or do you genuinely just get used to this space? I mean, effectively, it is work, but there's a lot of people and you said, look, if you're heading off for five months at a time, they probably wouldn't be able to handle it.
Speaker 1: I think from memory some people take their kids on tour and they schooled them on tour. Ye, And you've got your own little sort of village there, don't you set up. Yeah, it's an incredible lifestyle.
Speaker 9: It's like touring with your family kind of thing because everyone is away from home in a sense, so you all kind of really bond and grow close with that sweater.
Speaker 1: God, when I woke up this morning, I thought it didn't occur to me that i'd have a conversation with a hummingbird and a buff I genuinely didn't Joe saw that coming. Guys, thank you so much for coming in. The show is Sir Sila Lucia. It's a waking dream of Mexico. It looks sensational. Can't wait to come and see you both in action.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having ask.
Speaker 4: Let's reflect on the week, Joey.
Speaker 1: Somebody think, oh, well, it's just a collection of things that have happened during the week. We put them together. They put a little bit of music to it, you know, it's no big deal, and then we smash playing it.
Speaker 4: Always good feedback. This is the week that was in the eyes of Jody Aldy.
Speaker 1: Dear Diary, kick things off for a Monday, we went poor you Doo recan.
Speaker 8: Bad Bunny is a Kyoto Rican rapper Yoto Rican.
Speaker 1: It's never too early in the week for a tazzy joke.
Speaker 8: Colleen Colleen had she quite young, then joke she did.
Speaker 1: Colleen had three kids under twenty one.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know what else you any?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, when there's no TV down there, what else are you going to do? Or to be completely agist, I had a Yes, I'm just going to say it I had a fiftieth birthday. Oh I'm in fiftieth territory, you guys. Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, we said good morning to Tina or was it Nina or Lena? Oh aunt Tina from Opara Hatena, good morning, going we're so and it's Gina.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gina, sorry Tina with the g Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: That's the one. We talked about our pets eating stuff they shouldn't and Ali from Albert Parks Pub literally is snoop doggie dog Ali from Albert Park, good morning? Did you pet get into? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Look what I came home from work one night and my boyfriends ran out and said, he really quiet, be really quiet? What are he's eating some of the special biscuits? And it was like old deer and what. It was pretty sleepy to start off with for a few hours, and then he got the zoobies and started just racing around their farm house.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, we discovered that Florio milk cows are actual gangsters. Yeah, can you confirm the rumor that the Florio milk cows are elite? They're like just a cut above.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, of course when you hear them in a coffee.
Speaker 1: There's a roomor going around that they get around in like gold chains and stuff and like gold teeth and just real homeish.
Speaker 4: For some reason, Dannylply, the genuine Pimp, cows.
Speaker 1: During songs a song song, so Hazy officially anointed himself an angel.
Speaker 4: What's going on? At one says there, I was floating above myself, watching myself, and what I could see was this aura and jelly.
Speaker 12: I'm trying so hard to be happy for you.
Speaker 4: Oh what a shame.
Speaker 1: He couldn't take that sort of form into birthday? Payday?
Speaker 4: Were you born, Lauren? Yeah, on the second fifth the fish.
Speaker 1: By midweek we were taking subway orders. You know, I need something between a six inch and a foot long, something somewhere in between. Yeah, that I have met. The foot long is a bit too too much, and I would be very happy if they did like a in between them order. The long list of names you can't call your kids in Australia, and you can't call your kid I'm at either to the old school computer. Also, baby cyanid is out. Here's another trademark one na Tella.
Speaker 4: Oh natsy of course bad that into your brain as an.
Speaker 1: Option you cannot call your kids seamen.
Speaker 4: Of course you can't smoggy Nope or g bang fongers.
Speaker 1: No, can't call your kind married Joanna.
Speaker 4: No, you can't smart Blazer.
Speaker 1: Or Medicare. Do you have your Medicare card? No? But I've got my Medicare baby. Finally, you cannot call your child.
Speaker 4: Won't you give birth? Scroton scrutsy car.
Speaker 1: Finally, the dumb button had one job here in the Nova studios, and she failed miserably During the six fifteen Vending Machine. Who named the actor and character that said this quote.
Speaker 4: About how high you hit?
Speaker 9: It's about how high you've been, Get hit and keep moving forward.
Speaker 4: That's how weird it is done?
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 4: Jake? Is it from Rocky?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is he?
Speaker 6: Jake?
Speaker 1: All right, we just had to drop Jake there because obviously he said something isn't for little ease or big ease. Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: Now we're back in real time.
Speaker 1: So to all the gangster cows, said Jakie, Jakie, and he's big mistakey go off this weekend, Kings and queens, Oh my love, Jody, wrap it up for us, Hazy.
Speaker 4: We are the Eagles, the greatest team of allo. We are the Eagles. We lost by five m and sixteen points last weekend. We're looking to turn things around.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I volunteered Andrew Haste.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Elizabeth Eagles have been on I'd say it's fair to say quite of the journey to start, it's a.
Speaker 1: Bit of a slippery slope. So the first four rounds, I think they've conceded around fourteen hundred points. Not the perfect start of the season, but hey, Crows were one of four spat on and they've seemed to have turned things around.
Speaker 4: Look, look, percentage could be an issue at the moment, but if we can turn things around, who knows. Some sniff and finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking baby steps here, and the first little step towards turning this whole season on its head is Andrew Hayes suiting up for the eagles next weekend home game against two.
Speaker 4: Against Century United. So effectively it's the derby because Century nine is just down the road. Yeah, okay, Battle of the North Spicy Yes, Argana Park two fifteen Saturday, eighteenth of May. We're gonna have a big old celebration. Super and Nova is going to be there. We want to get as many people there as we can.
Speaker 1: Absolutely behind the Eagles. Yeah, one undred percent, go down and buy a couple of pies, buy a few beers, really support the club and get around him.
Speaker 4: What about the most famous player to ever suit up, one of the most famous students of all time, not just for the Elizabeth Eagles but for austrained football. Is one of the most beautiful people on the planet, and that is John Platton. So Platts, can you believe it? Back in the day he was a young Elizabeth Eagle before he went off one of McGarry medal and a brown Law meddle and then about five premierships for Hawthorne. So he's going to be there. He's getting me, getting right around everything. What about I called him.
Speaker 1: The other day chose this is brilliant.
Speaker 4: And I said, Plats, this is what we're trying to do. What do you reckon and he was like, yeah, absolutely, whatever you need, let's let's do this. This is great And I said I might need to recruit some players. I'm thinking some Eccentrals players. Of course, Plats played about one hundred and thirteen games so the Dogs before he went to Hawthorne. Yeah, Platz goes, ah, I've got I've had a hip replacement, I've got a new knee and all the concussion stuff. I'm not sure about playing. We got Plats, I'm not talking about you. You can't play, and he goes, oh, thank goodness. I almost said yes, I'm certain.
Speaker 1: Can you you imagine my gosh.
Speaker 4: I just don't know how missus Platton would go in that situation. But if the rat came home and said, by the way, I'm suiting up for the old Elizabeth Eagles, my old mob next Saturday, I'm not sure that would go down too well on the Platin household.
Speaker 1: He's not going to play, but he will do any everything and anything in his power to help out the team. So it is going to be huge. Not this Saturday, next Saturday, Yes.
Speaker 4: All right, so we need you there to support and watch me, most likely to a hamstring. It'll be hilarious. By the way, it's fair to say that if Jodie was a team when it comes to Battle of the Bangers, which is probably the Elizabeth Eagles. But the best thing about Battle of the Bangers and football is that each week is a new opportunity.
Speaker 1: And you're only as good as your last banger. I guess spot on that's what they say.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know if you should be saying that given what happened last week, but I get what you're trying to say. Love that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the theme this week is comeback. So you're making a comeback for the Elizabeth Eagles and I thought, okay, come back. In terms of music, who's made the most comebacks? And it's, without a doubt the king of the comeback and that is John Farnham.
Speaker 4: Makes sense, that's not I mean, one of the most iconic Australian anthems that has ever been put together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've all written him off at about age thirty eight because he's done. He's had Whispering Jack, he's had you all the voice this song Nah, just came out of retirement several times over. Good on him, Good on him.
Speaker 4: You'll come back again. Watch this space. That's a very very good, strong tune jokes. Thank you, I've gone down this direction. You've probably said, there going hawss a comeback song?
Speaker 1: Well quick, little He's lessons, make it quick because it was really long. The other day.
Speaker 4: Aerosmith originally sang the song in the seventies, it didn't really do very well. Run DMC remixed It's in the eighties, and apparently that basically relaunched the Aerosmith and post the remix from run DMC, Aerosmith owned the eighties, so it was a big old comeback for Aerosmith.
Speaker 1: So here we are still time to jump on the Johnny and Hazy Instagram page if you like.
Speaker 4: I've got to say as well, it's extremely one side at the minute. Don't say that you are on the cusp of breaking your Battle of the Bangers strout.
Speaker 1: Won't jinx it.
Speaker 4: Please, If you want to ruin JODI's day, like genuinely ruin her day, maybe her weekend, do the right thing. Vote from my song.
Speaker 1: It's a really, really aggressively mean thing to say.
Speaker 4: It might be too far gone. It might be too far gone anyway, do you know what? Though I'm genuinely happy yours is a great song, and I haven't heard you're the voice for such a long time. I've been genuinely since here here.
Speaker 1: Abs, can you please tell my co host to stop talking, please? That's his job, though not this much.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he talks too much. You think it's like Buddy go into the aids.
Speaker 1: For goodness sake, you're a real psych out, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Get out of this psycher out all right? On Instagram? Get voting work perks, let's discuss good morning news Read Abbey.
Speaker 1: Good morning. How are we? That's good?
Speaker 3: As you know.
Speaker 8: It was scaring the internet for the latest and greatest across the globe, as you do, as I do. And I found an article about work perks. And there's a company Carmen's. You know, the bars that we love. I think producers. Oh he eats cartons of them by the week.
Speaker 4: We think she eats a rapper as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, pretty sure she loves it.
Speaker 8: But I'm a Carmen's person. Now, I got some from the shops the other week.
Speaker 1: Love them.
Speaker 8: I'm a carmen person. Okay, that's weird, But anyway, mate, it's us. How is that weird?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with weird?
Speaker 1: Must be a Tatismonian thing.
Speaker 8: Carmens do this thing where they let people work not from home, but while on holidays. Now you might think, oh, for God's sakes, who's going to do that. But if you have kids and you say, right in the school holidays, we want to go to Bali for ten days. You can say I'm going to work two or three hours each day, get a bit of stuff done while I'm sipping a pinaculata at the pool, and then you don't have to take as much and you'll leave. So it means that at the end of the year, you can have your full two weeks off over Christmas New Year's and their absentee their absentee level across the year is less than one percent. Yeah, people are not calling in sick as much because they've got the ability to work from wherever or work while on holidays.
Speaker 1: Because everyone has someone in the office who takes the PI double five with annual leave correct and with their sick days.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, I've never taken a sick day in my life. Every workplace is one person like, what have they got like seven or eighty six days?
Speaker 13: Be you.
Speaker 1: I genuinely don't understand it, and also hasn't hasn't stand this when I was a kid, and I don't start. When I was a kid and I was sick, Grandma and Grandpa would look after your mom would still go to work. Now, if your kids are sick, you can take a day off work.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say you have one of those spinning wheels that you're just sort of following around, just sort of flicking.
Speaker 8: You know, you set us up anyway, it was work even a thing back when you started, like back when you were or was it.
Speaker 4: More so just hunting and gathering?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Too far, Come on, straight straight up. I would say that if I'm a boss and I'm letting my employees work whilst on holidays, I don't think I'm probably getting the best out of them.
Speaker 8: Well, but then on the other side of that, I'm doing better work when I'm sitting at the pool getting a tan, drinking a cocktail.
Speaker 1: That's where my best work is done.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, that's interesting. Yeah, Well, in terms of work perks, if you've got some good ones, please gives a call thirteen twenty fourteen or textas so for double nine nine nine nine previous workplace where I would help myself to a six pack of beer every Friday, just throw it in the back back. I did that for a year and a half.
Speaker 1: That's lovely.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And Cane Corns used to watch and be like, good on your mate, Well.
Speaker 8: What work perse have you, Jody? Have you got any work perks back?
Speaker 1: In the day at work when I first started, obviously at Christmas when we had a bonus. If someone killed two rabbits out in the hunt, I'd get two. I actually hate.
Speaker 4: You, yes, a very very one sided contest at a minute battle of the bang. It's a space where two people just hate each other so aggressive.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to say hate dislike. Maybe what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You regularly say hate at one stage You're talking about is a word that I can use that's stronger than hate, because just hang on a second Jackson.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So this is the theme for this week. It is the greatest comebacks on the back of you coming out of retirement to play with the Elizabeth Eagles, of course, and I have gone with the wonderful John Farnon. This song should be the national anthem of Australia.
Speaker 4: It's a strong song world, John Farner. The Aerosmith and run DMC song that re launched Aerosmith Little remixed by run DMC.
Speaker 1: Quicker Josh, what We've gone from Michelle to Morrow? Jump in Big.
Speaker 6: Dog, Hello, Hello, Now a little surprising update here. I was just speaking to the other other Josh now Boss Josh, and he says that the margin on this the largest winning margin we've ever.
Speaker 11: Occupent home at the time of the incident.
Speaker 14: Thanks Abby, I'm sorry you've got something to say.
Speaker 4: What did you just say to our face?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And also, don't get police media to do it for you.
Speaker 6: The largest winning margin we've ever had should be worth triple points.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: They take it up to the boss.
Speaker 4: That's not happening unless I have won. Hang on, do you want a drum roll? I'd love a drum wrong and it's y.
Speaker 2: Lot.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, how beautifully suited for the greatest comeback.
Speaker 6: Of all time.
Speaker 1: You got what?
Speaker 3: Dads?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: You happy for me?
Speaker 4: I am actually happy for you know what because it's a cracking song for a frile.
Speaker 1: I thought things were going to turn around when you implored people who liked you to make my weekend miserable.
Speaker 4: I got you about thirty more votes. I reckon, you're fine. Well there you go. We're winning song for Battle of Bangs this week by a lot of votes as well. You're the voice John farn can go to Lesnchoti on whole he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, I just search to you during that magnificent tune. This is what victory feels like. It's so foreign, it feels nice.
Speaker 4: You really went off as well. Take this whichever way you want. But can you dance like my mum?
Speaker 1: It was that was a bit of a vibe.
Speaker 8: Although I'm seeing JODII on a dance floor and she the hips get moving so interesting.
Speaker 4: She genuinely lost herself there for a second. The power of music.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 1: I was sick of all the chatterer in the studio, so I just turned it up and went for it. Moves.
Speaker 4: Credit words to Congratulations Jones outstanding Victrick Mom said the joke's the best time of the week. Fitzy Friday, Ryan Fitzgerald, the Beautiful, fearless, greatst Fryan Fitzgiald joins the season every Friday.
Speaker 3: Gay and Andrew Hayes Cherdi thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: You're so welcome. No, thanks for coming on. Hey, FITZI, I'm not sure if you've heard about the plight of the Elizabeth Eagles in the Adelaide Football League.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolute joke. Nick spoke about losing structure in the team. They've obviously lost a lot of structure when they don't even have eighteen players on the field.
Speaker 3: You can lose a lot of structure when you do that.
Speaker 13: And imagine being a defender and watching the ball go over your head eighty two times, Jody, eighty two times.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, at least Fitzy. If there's any sort of silver line when you're playing defense for the mighty Elizabeth Eagles, is it a charge you'll get thirty five touches?
Speaker 3: Hazy?
Speaker 13: Wouldn't you just not have a forward line and just put everyone loose in defense?
Speaker 1: Sack?
Speaker 4: In real old school citieswant's flooding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they say that winning is in everything, but getting absolutely flogged in every Saturday in your local sporting endeavor is an absolute nightmare, and it's it's honestly very demoralizing.
Speaker 13: I know what you guys are doing here. I know what you're doing. Oh god, we need Fitzy at full forward to snag a lazy fifteen or something and beat the next team. Oh yes, but I'm i My coopa mundals are all they're dirty, and my body is stuff, so I can't step up and I can't fill in for Elizabeth. Plus I'm a Southern boy. Then northerners. Man, I don't know if I can. I need protection to go over that side the.
Speaker 4: South and range things can happen.
Speaker 1: It's like South and North Korea, isn't it.
Speaker 13: It is so that who makes that Kim Jong Ill? I don't know who's who's over there on that side. That's that dictator. I'm South Korea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you can't You can't line up alongside Andrew Hayes and play what can you do to help the plight of the.
Speaker 3: Heard whispers about this and world donehazy?
Speaker 13: Really, that's an amazing effort by you, considering how much you've let yourself blow.
Speaker 4: Out a drag along the ground.
Speaker 3: Can I be in charge of maybe motivation?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: You can.
Speaker 3: Sure, So I could.
Speaker 13: Rock up and just kick every one of the players up the ass if you want, Yeah, or I've got contacts in the industry.
Speaker 3: Can you maybe leave it up to me? Yes, and I'll see.
Speaker 13: If I can get some of the greats to try to motivate these boys next game.
Speaker 1: I love that for me. Thank you. We were thinking because some of your social media, which is epic. You've got a few characters on there like Clem for example, I'm just maybe maybe Clem could record a message with the boys. Who knows?
Speaker 13: Can I just I want to be honest with everyone. I can't find Clem. No, I'm not joking, Jodie. Snapchat's taken down the filter.
Speaker 3: I can't find it. I had so many more ideas for Clem, but it's gone. I don't know what's happened. It's gone on.
Speaker 13: That's a And I've tried to find numerous deformed noses after that, and I can't find the filter.
Speaker 4: What about what about you? Dayn Is he still kicking about?
Speaker 13: Dion's got a couple of ankle bracelets on at the moment and he's in a fair bit of trouble. But we might be able to And also Gore and Gordon's quite forlorn and he could be your parts of it somehow.
Speaker 3: But leave motivation up to me, hazy. How's that all right?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Mate, We'll take that. Because you obviously got some nice big football connections as well. You know all the big dogs, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 13: I know huge names in the industry, Graham, Corn's, Stephen Rowe, Tim Gineva.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: We know all of them too.
Speaker 4: KG the boys in a pump up speech from KG. That's going to get him over the line five hundred point differential. It's going to swing the other way.
Speaker 3: Jesus, all right, I leave it up to me. I'm on, I'm on, all right.
Speaker 1: We appreciate your involvement. I mean, we'd love to hear from Dan whose favorite pastime is doggie style over the bottom of his miss and skyline.
Speaker 4: And wouldn't you know it, Fitzy, If that's a favorite pastime in South, it's actually pretty popular in the walls as well.
Speaker 3: So there are similarities, are okay? Alright?
Speaker 12: Mate?
Speaker 1: Skyline's are universal.
Speaker 13: They're everywhere everywhere. No, thank you, all right, Well I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
Speaker 4: But it's looking good, beautiful, enjoy weekendsy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for.
Speaker 13: You guys.
Speaker 4: You it can be tough meeting your life partner these days. Just ask news reader Abby, and maybe producers are as well. How are you, ladies?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 12: That beautiful and true.
Speaker 4: Not always easy though, is it? But you're still finding for mister Wright. Yes, yes, it's an ongoing pursuit. Got some advice for you. Who would have thought, Jodes, that I'll be in a space where I'm giving advice on such a thing or anything. But I've been doing some research. An American woman living in Sydney has shared her tip for meeting other singles in the supermarket. Is that a thing, claiming that putting bananas in your shopping trolley will signal that you're willing to meet someone. Yeah, that's right, that's how you meet and miss the right I have.
Speaker 1: I can honestly say single or otherwise, I've never had an encounter in a supermarket.
Speaker 4: I don't understand this. Is this a genuine thing. Apparently it's been going for quite a while. This is the place where singles meet at the supermarket.
Speaker 12: No, I can see it, but not the banana thing, right. I pay at least six or seven bananas a week.
Speaker 4: We go through so many bananas. The kids love it so all the things that you're putting out, I'm saying more so my wife. When you go to the supermarket and she's going to trade choc a blog full of bananas, messages are cheap.
Speaker 3: You should ask about that.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I feel like when you go to the supermarket as well. Everyone's almost at their worst, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, one who dresses up.
Speaker 1: To go to the no One TRACKI dacks unless you're like going to the supermarket on the way home from work, where you dressed decently. I am always TRACKI dacks, T shirt cap.
Speaker 8: Yeah, see I go after work, so make sure I look half okay.
Speaker 12: I feel like my mother Bindy will do a full face of makeup for the shops, because she says, and she's right, every time you go out looking your absolute worse, you see someone.
Speaker 4: You know, so true it might be an X. I don't want to look like have you ever met someone of the supermarket?
Speaker 1: Apps can't say I have.
Speaker 8: But I go through this weird thing with textures, so like bananas, I can't eat. I haven't eaten bananas for years because the texture freaks me out right, So maybe I should just put them in there.
Speaker 1: Anyway, though, bread.
Speaker 4: With texture, you see, I would say, Yeah, you go through the.
Speaker 1: Same thing with avocado.
Speaker 9: At the moment.
Speaker 1: I can't touch your hat, oh, just the texture of it. The harder ones, I can't, Well, that's your what's that? The hard ones?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sh shepherds.
Speaker 1: Shepherds, Yeah, I go through this weird texture thing. The shepherds are machine of avocados your budget gross.
Speaker 4: You know, absolutely absolutely, Just think it.
Speaker 1: Depends what shops you go to as well.
Speaker 8: Like I'm from the Dirty South, so probably don't want to be putting bananas in my shopping trolley down there. But if I'm house sitting for my sister and crafers, then that's a different story. Okay, nice farmer or something. Yeah, try that out next week. While I'm house sitting.
Speaker 4: Wrong part of Adelaide, you probably attract a few fruit flies instead for double nine on nine. Have you got some advice these outrageous or random meeting places, Because the other thing is if you're meeting someone in supermarket, it's so lit up, it's such a sober situation, the conversation, how do you even start with?
Speaker 1: See, this is the thing. I would argue that supermarket encounters are the most awkward. Like you'll have a conversation with someone in the fruit and veg for example, and then you're cruising down the cereal ie. In a minute, You've ended that conversation. You've done, okay, nice.
Speaker 4: Hello again you here, or even worse, you're looking for something in the chat. And I can imagine me in a situation where I just sort of look at her trolling and you're like, oh, yes, toilet paper doing some
Speaker 1: Pooling, and this is why you don't this is why you don't make up, and so the mark, but your wife is