Speaker 1: Late.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Late Debates. Good evening, everybody, and welcome to the not so late Debate. I'm Liz Storer and joining me tonight is Joe Hildebrand and Gabriella Power Love.
Speaker 3: Oh are you coming up tonight? We've got a packed show.
Speaker 2: You're thinking it'd be quiet around this time of year, but not so. D Justin Trudeau, Canada's PM is due to resign any minute after two ministers quit today. In Germany, Chancellor Olaf has lost his parliament's confidence and they're going to.
Speaker 3: A snap election nine months before they were supposed to.
Speaker 2: And AI experts are warning us somebody's got to pull the plug before this thing gets too much more smarter than your average human being. But first, tonight, would it be Christmas time if we didn't have some trumped up council always in the state of Victoria, it seems, telling us we can't use the word Christmas this year.
Speaker 3: It is none other than Darrabin Counsel who have decided to leave all mention of.
Speaker 2: Christmas out of Christmas celebrations.
Speaker 3: They've done this very deliberately.
Speaker 2: There's their chosen campaign, Darrabin celebrates. You'll notice in each and every one of those little pictures absolutely nothing that relates to christ Absolutely nothing that relates to Christmas.
Speaker 3: In the least.
Speaker 2: This, of course, is done, if you can believe the council spokeswoman.
Speaker 3: In order to avoid offending anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but I've yet to meet anyone living here in Australia who actually is offended by Christmas.
Speaker 3: But here's the Darrabin Mayor's quote.
Speaker 2: She says that the Council embraces and honors the many ways residents come together at this time of year. We're so fortunate to be part of a community that reflects so many different traditions and backgrounds. We celebrate all the richness and joy they bring.
Speaker 3: It's so strange, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Whenever it's about Dewali, whenever it's about ad, whenever it's about a different culture's special day, Gabby, they're never this ambiguous. But when it comes to a Christian holidays celebrated by plenty of secular people, they're very concerned about other cultures here in Australia and offending them to the point that we can't even say Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Of course, this is coming from Victorian Council.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: There is nothing offensive about the words Merry Christmas, and Darvin Council has seemed to have forgotten that Christmas is a religious holiday. Christianity is a main religion right here in Australia.
Speaker 5: Christ Much Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We're celebrating, memorating the birth of Jesus Christ. It's such a special occasion for so many people. People will be going to church day, families are celebrating. But they're not only getting rid of Merry Christmas because that's apparently offensive. They're going another step further and they're reducing the size.
Speaker 5: Of the Christmas tree.
Speaker 4: So the Christmas tree was meant to be six meters in height, they're now reducing it to three meters to save on plastic, as if they're somehow saving the planet they do planets. Just ridiculous. You know, I sound like Kamala Haaras saying this, But it's a joyful occasion and seeing Mary Christmas it actually brings a lot of joy.
Speaker 1: That's right. They are not bringing the joy.
Speaker 6: Unlike Kamela Harris, Darrabin Counsel is not bringing the.
Speaker 3: Joy there, right joy ye Darrabin.
Speaker 6: This just makes me go absolutely crazy. I don't know why counsels keep doing it. I don't know if you know this, but every single news corp tabloid has an entire, round the clock all year, three hundred and sixty five days crack squad of reporters just waiting for someone to cancel Christmas. I mean, always get one, like every single time.
Speaker 4: Sick of it, you know, Jactus, We've had enough of it. We see it every year. We've seen it for too long. And you know, as I've seen in the election over in the US, people are rejecting all this kind of work bs.
Speaker 5: You know, it's going to have time.
Speaker 4: Then it's a time to celebrate Christmas and say Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and it's a great thing that news court papers do make a big deal out of this a because it is genuinely a big deal.
Speaker 3: We know that this has a lot more to do with.
Speaker 2: Cracking down on Western civilization, eradicating it from Western countries that whether they call themselves now anymore, we're always historically Christian countries.
Speaker 3: And we saw this last year. Joe with the Stonington.
Speaker 2: With their fake Mary campaign absolutely slammed for it and then put a statement out earlier this year saying we take it back.
Speaker 6: Sorry Christmas everybody is what I don't care now. So Melbourne obviously is the capital of the People's Republic of Victoria, so it's the sort of thing. Yet this is the walkers city and the worker his time around it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Previously so previously.
Speaker 6: Yarra Council which is always dominated by the Greens, did it Startington Council which is sort of rich Greens like teals kind of thing, and and Darravin which takes in Northcote, which almost elected a socialist candidate to the Upper House.
Speaker 1: I believe high selection. But it is just it is very very annoying.
Speaker 6: As for the Christmas tree, and this is another thing as well. You want to save plastic, get a real Christmas tree, get a real Christmas tree, pie, a real Christmas or whatever it is, wood, pine needles, that stuff.
Speaker 1: We've got one.
Speaker 6: Chop it down, that's right, exactly, You've got the proper one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Stick it up, that's right and make it. You know, it can be as big as a big as a get rid.
Speaker 2: Of there's work bs in sanity. Can you imagine going to a Middle Eastern culture being in a Middle Eastern country and being like the celebrating age.
Speaker 3: I'm so offended. I mean, who in their right minds would do that.
Speaker 2: It's only the Western countries that are expected to bend over every year, and we're like, oh, we're so sorry about our holidays, but Chinese.
Speaker 3: New Year is going to be a big deal. Just give it a few feeks.
Speaker 6: It's utterly If somebody anywhere in the Middle East said, you know, it said, say, you know, happy Ramadan, and I've been there during Ramadad. It's awesome, he said, to say happy Ramadan, it just says, you know, happy family, get together, happy special moment.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even make sense. Derebin Counsel going with.
Speaker 5: The celebrates, what are they celebrating?
Speaker 3: Makes nowhere there reason Emmanuel Christ with us.
Speaker 6: I say it's fine, but you don't get the public holidays. Yeah, he's not going to say Christmas, Darbin Counsel.
Speaker 1: And we all know that.
Speaker 3: Hope they're aoun The workers, we should all give them a call.
Speaker 6: I love a bit of flexi time. They love to work on the public. They're not sticklers about over time. I love casual work, night shifts. They're all over penalty rights.
Speaker 1: They don't care. They do it for the love.
Speaker 6: So I'll tell you what if it's not going to be Christmas, no Christmas Day, it's not called holiday day, and it's not called Seasons Greetings.
Speaker 1: Day, indeed no Boxing day.
Speaker 6: Which no one knows where that comes from, by the way, although they think it's.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Kel Richards could tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Kel Richards could tell it, but no one still knows. No one still knows where it comes from.
Speaker 6: But I think it's from when people the sort of lord of the manner would box up everything that they got for Christmas and everything left over from the face and then give it to the poor.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a nice? Nice?
Speaker 2: And now holiday, you're kind of giving to the poor, just at a cheaper ray. Changing topic, now, you must be living under a rock if you haven't heard of this extraordinary case of Bronco star Ezra Mom. This guy was found last October to have driven his ute into an uber injuring a woman and a four year old girl. He was found to have a cocktail of drugs in his system and to.
Speaker 3: Be driving while disqualified. So what's his sentence?
Speaker 2: It was handed down yesterday eight hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen. That is absolute pocket change for.
Speaker 2: Something that could have cost Goodness knows how many people their lives. Eight hundred and fifty bucks and his license suspended for six months.
Speaker 3: Mabe, this guy must be laughing, Joe.
Speaker 1: I just do not understand this.
Speaker 6: And I I got to call this morning from the tail and the editor was just incensed about this. And I've got to say I'd read, I'd read about it the night before, and I've gone to bed and then got it and it just is staggering, like the idea that you could And you saw the footage there of these two cars, like they wipe out each other's end drops, right, so it was gone. Someone could very easily have been killed. He was driving not just with cocaine and other drugs that magistrate didn't specify in his system, but he was already disqualified because he'd racked up so many demerit points, so he's already banned from driving. He then goes and drives when it's illegal for him to do so, not only that, but also seemingly under the influence or with drugs in his system. Then he goes and nearly wipes out or does wipe out this uber.
Speaker 1: Injures a four year old girl and her mum inside.
Speaker 3: It lucky to be alive.
Speaker 1: And the fine.
Speaker 6: Doesn't even crack a grand It doesn't even crack four figures.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine, can you?
Speaker 1: And he's going to be he.
Speaker 6: Can be on the road by July next year, but suspension for that incident. I cannot imagine any normal person walking out of a courtroom. No corrective order, no community service, no actual substantive fine that would be any kind of disincentive. No, not three years off the road. You are clearly someone who cannot be trusted like six.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it.
Speaker 4: Just makes no sense for the fact that a mother and a child was caught up in this, that the consequences could have been devastating and so many of us, you know, no people that have been seriously injured in a car accident, and there's no he used to get behind the wheel with drinking drugs in your system, no matter who you are, an NRL player, and what kind of message does it send, you know, if he's meant to be someone that kids look up to, It's just I don't know what the right punishment is. But a six month suspended an eight.
Speaker 2: No one with a single firing neuron would say, oh, yes, the punishment fits the crime. Here's the man himself giving what I would say is the most disingenuous apology.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be a change man. Going on from now.
Speaker 7: Today is a very important step my actions and starting to make things right. And to the people involved in the accident, I'm truly sorry. And to the NRL, the Brisbane Broncos, the fans and my family, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: How about the woman and the child that almost lost their life? Are you sorry to them as well? I you know, by the way, you really know someone means an apology when they have to read it word forgether.
Speaker 4: But he's reading from the scripta sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just so like, oh, this is the thing that you do now, so this is the thing that I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: And again it just just smacks of something that seemed to them to be a bit of a pr scandal rather than anything substanding. But again, I just cannot, for the life of me imagine I have this thing I called the Plumber test where you say, all right, imagine if it was just you know, it wasn't an NRL star who's just been signed to the Broncos for I think four million bucks over five years. Imagine if it was just Joe Blogs. Imagine if it was just a plumber fitter. And turnout that's how.
Speaker 3: The library supposed to be treated.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: And you know, and instead of coach say it was a different drug or whatever, So I didn't have that kind of you know, it wasn't the party drug of the celebrities in the A list. Like, I find it impossible to believe that someone would just walk out of a courtroom after an incident like that and not even have to part, you know, change from a thousand bucks fine. I mean this, you wouldn't even notice that behind the couch the.
Speaker 3: NRL like suspended him from playing.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 6: I think someone in the newsroom is joking that you get more for a high tackle. But no, and the NL, I think, and the Broncos are saying they stand behind him. But again it's that's that's almost immaterial. I mean, it shouldn't be treated as a football problem crime committed. It was committed in the community, and he should be treated not like a football player, but like anybody else, And I just cannot, for the life of me see how anyone else could cause that level of damage and have their license suspended for six months.
Speaker 2: I mean, in that case, the build, the higher pament should be as if those two people had lost their lives, because, let's face it, it's only by a stroke of luck that that did not happen.
Speaker 3: You saw the pitches. He's in the ute.
Speaker 2: Which of course fared much better than the what looked like, I don't know, your average Toyota Corolla type make of car that was crushed to smither.
Speaker 3: Reens moving to the US now.
Speaker 2: All we familiar with this case, very curious case of the.
Speaker 3: Death of CEO Healthcare CEO.
Speaker 2: His name is Brian Thompson. He was the CEO of United Healthcare. Early in December, he was shot dead by what police initially said seemed like a trained assassin, just because of what they saw on CCTV footage.
Speaker 3: They said, this guy's probably trained and knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Now they have taken into custody a twenty six year old suspect, Luigi Mangioni. And what nobody can understand is how the Left have made this guy an overnight hero. There's serious vibes of the rich coming from the left with regards to this. People are absolutely heroising this young man, even though let's be clear, he is not yet convicted, nowhere near it. We're at the very outset of getting to the bottom of what actually happened here.
Speaker 3: But these people have made up candlelight vigils worshiping this guy.
Speaker 2: He's even got deranged fans online saying that he's not only is he a hero, but making suggestions as to the next CEO who they'd like to see bumped off.
Speaker 8: If you say that Luigi is anything except a hero and an icon from freedom and fighting against Turney.
Speaker 3: Then you are factually incorrect.
Speaker 1: He will go down in history as as you know it.
Speaker 8: Also, can I recommend eve one Musk next to.
Speaker 6: The citial list.
Speaker 2: Even Peter Teel, who heads up Pallenteer, was really lost for words when asked a very simple question about this phenomenon by Piers Morgan.
Speaker 9: To those who think this shooter is a hero because he did it, because he said, this healthcare executive was presiding over a healthcare system which kills thousands of Americans by denying them cover, what would you say to.
Speaker 10: Them, and again, I think, you know, I think the the motives feel I don't want to go into all the particulars here, but I don't think I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 1: You ro with about them.
Speaker 2: It was actually more painful than that, but we had to make it shorter for you.
Speaker 3: He was literally lost for words.
Speaker 2: How is this a hard question to answer, Gabby, because whether he did it or not is immaterial to the fact that people are now heroising him for having done so.
Speaker 4: You know, I see a lot of weird stuff from the left and the far left on Twitter all the time.
Speaker 5: You know, there are people protesting.
Speaker 4: After Donald Trump won, saying, you know, you can't sleep with your partners anymore if they voted for Donald Trump. There's a whole movement around that. Early there's some crazy stuff that the left like doing. They like to boycott that Thanksgiving if you know your relatives vote for Donald Trump anyway.
Speaker 5: But this is just next level.
Speaker 4: It is so sick that they are celebrating someone that's been accused of murder and no one seems to care that this guy was a father, that this guy was a husband, this person has a family. People are going to the lengths of getting tattoos of this alleged murderer, which you know that the tattoo is absolutely hideous, but they're getting that on their bodies because they're making out like he's some sort of joke.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm not guilty, because of course he's insisting. In fact, he said this arrest is an insult to the intelligence of the American public. He is claiming that he's some sort of a patsy. And I think there is a lot more to this, Joe, because we do know that this CEO, Brian Thompson, had sold off millions of dollars of shares in his own company because he knew there was an anti trust case coming from the DOJ, the Department of Justice, and so his shareholders are up in arms. That case is still continuing despite the fact that he's now deceased. There's a lot more to this story, but I can't make head nor tail of this worshipful reverence for this man.
Speaker 1: To be honest, It's actually I've found it in a way kind.
Speaker 6: Of refreshing because it's exposing the extreme left, the kind of Antifa left, to who they really are, which is malevolent, potentially deadly people. Although it's like, you see all the people who are praising him, You probably wouldn't have to worry about fighting them in an arm wrestle, but it does just go and show how extreme these ideologues are. And of course, when you are a true ideologue, nothing matters more than the cause. Human lives can be sacrificed for the cause. And we know that every time communism has been implemented around the world, tens of millions of people have died, and this is seen has been perfectly worth while while in order to you know, to reach the utopia of the workers paradise, which strangely they never actually seem to reach.
Speaker 1: But you know they've got good intentions.
Speaker 6: So what's a few million people starving to death by eating grass, or a few hundred thousand being purged by Joseph Stalin, or people.
Speaker 2: Being maybe if they knew their history they'd feel.
Speaker 1: A bit different, but that's that's right. But the history is the history is right here.
Speaker 6: The history is being played out like they haven't changed. The ideology hasn't changed. The belief that it can only be achieved through violent, deadly, bloody revolution has not changed. And now these people are actually saying it quite openly, and they're saying it, you know, and again they're saying it in ways that a prejudice the case, so they're actually they're actually basically assuming the guy is guilty when he is equally fastically claiming that he's not. And it's all some elaborate conspiracy and he's what Lee Harvey Oswald also communism and acted alone. But it is like they're actually sort of just belling the car and that is the amazing saying yes, we actually support killing people.
Speaker 1: In the name of our cause.
Speaker 6: And they say, oh, but you know, but his company kills many people or results of plenty of people dying.
Speaker 1: Well, where do you draw the line?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 6: Do you kill every single federal government worker in the US because the US government is responsible for people dying because it funds the military. So you're going to go and kill your federally funded librarian, your DC garbage man. I mean, where do you actually draw the line? You just kill people at the top of companies. You'd kill the CEOs of banks because you know, do you kill the CEOs of any company that has fossil fuel?
Speaker 1: The capitalist it would be all of it.
Speaker 6: It's everybody, that's right, that's right. And then I think, but then I think, it's not just capitalists you have to go after. It's not just people at the top of the tree, because of.
Speaker 1: Course they are being fueled.
Speaker 6: They are being fueled by consumerism, and so it is the people who are consuming all these products. Consumers must have that's right, So all the consumers must And one of the worst.
Speaker 3: That's everyone.
Speaker 6: One of the worst capital offenders is of course McDonald's, which we know clears resilient right, kills people by giving them obesity. He is John is being fueled by capitalist consumers who are feeding money to the CEOs. And you know who the most famous McDonald's consumer.
Speaker 3: Is Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: No, Luigi, Luigi Maggioni was found eating McDonald's and by counter revolutionary employee. That's how Luigi, by the standards of the extreme left that worship him, should be himself the target of a you know, of an orchestrated assassination, a revolutionary purge, because he is fueling the capitalist machine by choosing to eat at McDonald's instead of his local food co op.
Speaker 2: It also shows the left up on their nonsense regarding gun control, because we know today in Wisconsin, we saw another devastating school shooting.
Speaker 3: The left the back on the bandwagon of cries of gun control please.
Speaker 2: But of course, when CEO Brian was shot, not one word about gun control. Sudden guns were perfectly fine, and this was obscenely something to be celebrated, something else that we were told or to be celebrated. Was an interesting story that came out of CNN last week. It was brought to my attention when a friend of mine said, oh, I saw this footage of a Syrian prisoner who was being set free after three months in a windowless cell. And he didn't even know that the Asaha government had fallen.
Speaker 3: He didn't even know that the war was over. I cried. I was so moved.
Speaker 2: I watched the footage and laughed, because this is not how a man who hasn't seen sunlight for three months.
Speaker 3: Looked at the sun.
Speaker 2: And today we find out it was indeed all a hoax. The man who features in the video that you're about to see turns out to be a notorious member of Assad's forces who was well known for torturing people who wouldn't pay him off.
Speaker 3: But take a look at this heartwarming.
Speaker 12: Footage after three months in a windowless cell.
Speaker 3: You can finally see the sky.
Speaker 12: The light says, oh God, there is light.
Speaker 3: That grab went viral around the world.
Speaker 2: But today CNN have quickly backtracked, saying we have subsequently been investigating his background and are aware they he may have given a false identity. We are continuing our reporting into this and.
Speaker 3: The wider story.
Speaker 2: Well, CNN ten out of ten for consistency, just another reason for people not to believe a single word.
Speaker 3: They say.
Speaker 4: This is so humiliating for CNN, and it's really on ccenn to do the investigating and find out who this guy was.
Speaker 5: And it's so cringe watching it back.
Speaker 4: Now you see that footage and he's clinging to Clarissa.
Speaker 5: Ward and he's acting right now.
Speaker 4: He's looking out at the sky, pretending that he's married and acting like you know that he's just a civilian.
Speaker 5: But it's actively not seen.
Speaker 4: And it was fact checkers that actually called this out, saying, this guy doesn't appear to have been tortured.
Speaker 5: He seems to be pretty well groomed.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, I bought I find.
Speaker 2: He's watching this going actually that that was prisoners made.
Speaker 4: I don't know this has been ALLEGESHI have committed war crimes. But it's quite interesting to see and still has the footage up on its website. You can watch the whole five minute clip and the whole story of him claiming to be a civilian where they found him, and it's so emotional, and then at the very end, at the very last clip, there's just a little correction or since then, we've been doing some investigating it and so the wrong guy.
Speaker 2: Clorisa ward Joe said that it was one of the most extraordinary moments I have ever witnessed in her twenty years of reporting.
Speaker 3: Here she is leading him.
Speaker 2: Out into the sun after three long months in a windowless self.
Speaker 3: That guy was literally just hiding under a blanket. They walk in. You saw the little footage, and he's just kind of like, yeah, hello, Hello.
Speaker 6: It is just amazing. But it just goes to show it, doesn't it. And you would think they had learned since the Trump election, but just how easy it is to just sell these guys about ice to esquimos. You know, you could sell these people anything if it corresponds to their pre existing bias, as their pre existing beliefs, And it is honestly all all the critical faculties of the new Left or whatever they're called.
Speaker 1: I remember when the Left was about, you know.
Speaker 6: Helping poor people and stuff, and setting saying how much you cared about events happening overseas over which you have no control and which you end up then becoming part of the propaganda unit for But but just these people are just so incredibly gullible, Like I just I just do not understand. I don't know understand. I mean, you just again, you look at that guy. That guy has a full faced, ruddy faced you know, you feel like grubbing.
Speaker 3: His cheeks are going?
Speaker 5: How are you sound?
Speaker 6: Sun had no natural daylight for the last three months. Maybe maybe there was something in the fluoro lights. That's what the Allies did to Ezra Pound, by the way, the poet who was working for the Fascits in Italy. They put him in an air underground air Force bunker and wouldn't turn the lights off. So maybe our little torturer friend, you know.
Speaker 3: Can now be a modernest poet, not mine.
Speaker 6: But I do find it just staggering. I do find it, how much. You know, again, we've seen it time and time again. We saw that the person get duped by Was it not Dan rather? Was it who got dupe by? The word document? We've got so many people. All you have to do is just tell someone what they already believe and they will just do whatever. They will stand on one leg and sing a song for you.
Speaker 4: And I think that is too excited to get caught up in this story, to see it go viral and to celebrate it, rather than to stop and actually check and all about the click of course, of course, and yeah that's and this is what's happened.
Speaker 2: To Iceland now a bizarre case of a gay activist who brought attention to the fact that men breastfeeding is a biological impossibility. What he is now under investigation by the police for stating this simple fact, which he had the temerity to write a few posts about on his social accounts. Here he is explaining to gb News exactly what happened.
Speaker 13: The man cannot carry a child nor give birth to it. So what is the motivator behind a man actually taking drugs domperidon to induced luctation to breastfeed the child whose needs? Whose needs are being satisfied here? Is it the needs of the infant or is it the needs of that person.
Speaker 2: Who what a high criminal and yet he's in trouble for making libelous and defamatory statements.
Speaker 3: I mean, do me a favor. This is something that.
Speaker 2: The most LGBTIQ friendly people agree with. The child is not getting any nutrients out of that nipple. This is something that really gets my goal, Joe, because I am unashamedly calling this child abuse. Someone is getting something out of this exchange. And as this fellow elder Christensen just said to GB, it ain't the baby getting anything out of this exchange.
Speaker 6: No, that's right, and I think, I mean, there just has to be some degree of common sense and reality to send on this debate. At some point, I would think, yes.
Speaker 2: We've got the medical fraternity behind them giving them drugs to induce lactation of some sort of goodness knows what they're actually lactating, but it isn't breast milk.
Speaker 6: Well, I know plenty of mothers who would be more than happy to give up breastfeeding if they had the option that they find they wouldn't. And again, it just it just seems crazy that there is this insistence to go through this sort of performative kind of role. I mean yes, by all means if you're trans you want to have kids, have kids or whatever, and there's plenty of different ways you can do it, but the idea you would have to go through this kind of bizarre theatrical sort of ritual to convince what others yourself that this is all really happening. And it's exactly like as almost everything is a scene.
Speaker 1: From the Life of Brian where you had the.
Speaker 6: Jude in People's Front, or maybe it was the People's Front of Judea, I can't remember, but they have they actually take the piece out of this and they foresee it and they say, you know, there's one of them who decides that he wants to be a woman now and have babies, and and you know, John clesses, we can't be a woman. You can't have babies, you don't have a uterus. But I wanted, I demand the right to have babies. You know, why can't I have babies just because I don't have a uterus. And they all sit down and the sort of time lapse photographer comes and some they say, all right, we say you can't.
Speaker 1: Have babies, but you can have the right to have babies.
Speaker 6: And so it's kind of this weird thing where you are asserting all these rights that actually have no foundation or incapable of having any sort of realization in the actual, real, physical world. It's like saying, demand the right to fly, or I demand the right to you know, eat my own head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they but if you're born a man, you've gone through the sex change, and you want to breastfeed, I don't think they should have the right to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Is that who's benefiting from this? It's certainly not the infant. I've got so many issues with this story, the fact that police are investigating him, They're using their time to investigate him because of a social media post. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing threatening on that post of death threats. You're just calling out this issue about, you know, the whole trans debate thing.
Speaker 5: And as he says.
Speaker 4: It, well, I personally think it's quite sick that they, you know, want to give this baby some drug induced breast milk.
Speaker 3: It's not whatever whatever that is.
Speaker 5: Is to me. And you know, I google this.
Speaker 4: Can trans women I'm learning this as we go, But can trans women actually breastfeed? Because what is that when you're taking whatever medication, it is. And instead of the answer being, you know, typically naturally they cannot because they were born men, what you get is transgender women may desire to chest feed their So we're getting rid of breastfeeding now, and it's chest feeding. That's it. That's the answer. The answer is not know, it's that they desire to. Then that what they have the right to. At least this guy is calling it out. You know, I think there needs to be more conversation about this. If you're googling it and the answer is that yes they can, there needs to be some discussion about.
Speaker 3: This child abuse.
Speaker 1: That's the rid I don't know, but there was. There was absolutely it was actually a health document.
Speaker 6: I think that actually changed breastfeeding to chest feeding.
Speaker 2: The really really important part. When we're talking about language that is used around these things, people go, oh, we're just.
Speaker 3: Trying to be inclusive. We don't want to we don't want to offend any one.
Speaker 2: Once you change the language around something this essential reality versus someone's whim, someone's desire, someone's idea of themselves, you have crossed a serious line, because then, of course what follows is society must play by the rule books. You've changed the language. We've all got to use the language quickly before we go to a break. AI is gaining incredible powers, prompting former CEO at Google. He sat down in an interview with ABC saying, look, this thing is getting so much smarter than us, so much so quickly. Rather, we need to be able to pull the plug when and if it overpowers us.
Speaker 14: We're soon going to be able to have computers running on their own, deciding what they want to do. And the way that happens is it's a series of decisions. We go from agents to then sort of more powerful gods, and eventually you say to the computer, learn everything and do everything. And that's a dangerous point when the system can self improve, we need to seriously think about unplugging it.
Speaker 8: But wouldn't that sense that kind of system have the ability to count our efforts to unplug it.
Speaker 14: Well, in theory, we better have somebody with the hand on the plug and metaphorically, but the important thing is that the power of this intelligence, the ability for this kind of new intelligence, means that each and every person is going to have the equivalent of a polymath in their pocket. In addition to your show and all your notes and writers. You're going to have an Einstein and a Leonardo da Vinci to give you advice on your show. That will be true for everyone on the planet. We just don't know what it means to give that kind of power to every individual.
Speaker 3: We just don't know.
Speaker 2: Indeed, he used the metaphor of social media and how that is literally changed the entire zechgeist within our social structures, the way people communicate across cultures, across languages. It is literally changed the way human beings relate to each other forever. So of course, then the question is who has the power to pull the plug when and if this thing overpowers us. These guys didn't seem to have an answer for that.
Speaker 8: I want to read you something to Sam Wrtman, one of the pioneers of AI, said last week. He said, true superintelligence, the system that is not just smarter than you and smarter than me, but smarter than all of.
Speaker 1: Us put together.
Speaker 8: Just unbelievable capability. Even if we can make that technically safe, we're going to have to have some faith in our governments. Our governments doing what they need to do to regulate this.
Speaker 14: Not yet, but they will.
Speaker 2: You ask me, ed, We're going to have to have faith in our governments, which I immediately thought of this recent interview with a man called Mark Andreson, who is a billionaire in the US. He said he sat down with the Biden administration to specifically discuss a I and terrifyingly, this is what they had to say.
Speaker 15: AI it's a technology basically that the government is going to completely control. This is not going to be a startup thing. They actually said flat out to us, don't start, don't do AI startups, like, don't don't fund AI startups. It's not something that we're going to allow to happen. They're they're not going to be allowed to exist. There's no point. They basically said, AI is going to be a game of two or three big companies working closely with the government, and we're going to basically wrap them in a you know they I'm paraphrasing, but we're going to basically wrap them in a government cocoon. We're going to protect them from competition, we're going to control them, and we're going to dictate what they do. And then I said, well, I said, I don't understand how you're going to lock this down so much, because like the math for you know, AI is like out there and it's being taught everywhere. And you know they literally said, well, you know, during the Cold War, we classified entire areas of physics and took them out of the research community, and and and and and like entire branches of physics basically went dark and didn't proceed. And that if we if we decide we need to, we're going to do the same thing to the math underneath AI.
Speaker 2: Makondras, and he goes on to say how shorted he was and talking about what they did during the Cold War.
Speaker 3: Buddy, give me a call.
Speaker 2: I could regale you with tails throughout history.
Speaker 3: This is what government do.
Speaker 2: So it's terrifying, Gabby, Oh, yeah, to know that nobody's in charge of this thing. Nobody can relate that humans have no way of really policing AI, but AI can police AI.
Speaker 3: And that seems to be where we're going. Certainly.
Speaker 2: The former Google CEO was absolutely this is what's going to happen, and nobody seems to have their finger on the pulse, ready to pull the plug when this thing overtakes you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so concerning, isn't it. We don't really know what those consequences look like we can only imagine, and it's quite scary when you think about it. I think it's really interesting what Elon Musk says about this, and he really wants to get how he talks about how important it is that we have the truth in these AI softwares as they're getting developed. I did a story earlier in the year where Caitlyn Jenna had to come out and say, please, it's okay to miss gender me because someone was using an a I software and there were saying and the question was, is it okay to missgender someone if it was to prevent a nuclear war? And the response was, it is never okay misgender anyone, And so Caitlyn don't have to say, guys, it's okay.
Speaker 6: Mis nuclear war though any other content, no way. But if it's nuclear war or miss genuine then that's fine.
Speaker 1: But it is terrifying. It's absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 6: And Musk is one of those who actually was part of a kind of open chat GBT or whatever it was that started this whole thing, and then he sort of lost control of it and then looked at what they were doing and said, oh my god, this is terrible. This is the apocalypse, I don't. Yeah, And he also said we have to actually expose all this and basically make sure that I think the idea was that it would be that everyone would know what was happening, so if any alarm bells rang, they could they could they could sound the alarm. And and he found out that these were being sort of sold off or used by private companies to do their own little thing. But I'm not so II in the Biden administration. I mean, they don't even have the I.
Speaker 3: So we've got to break now.
Speaker 2: But when we get back, Germany's parliament has folded. Vote of no confidence got up by a vast majority and Justin Trudeau set to resign any minute. Welcome back, well, Justin Trudeau looks set to resign after two of his ministers resigned within.
Speaker 3: Minutes of each other.
Speaker 2: Here's the opposition leader, Pierre Polivier explaining whilst on the floor of parliament the chaos that ensued and has led to him possibly standing down any minute now.
Speaker 16: The Finance minister resigned the day she was to present the fall budget, which was going to contain a massive deficit overrun. The job then went automatically to the Industry minister, who immediately resign like on the spot, which then went down the line and the next person in order was the famous to Randys, why want the Prime minister have the courage to come in here, presented himself and put it for a confidence vote tonight.
Speaker 2: Now this is very exciting because if Trudeau does indeed go down, it's going to lead to elections where Conservatives are highly likely to romp it in. And it's very interesting, Gabby, because this came about with his finance minister, because she and he had a disagreement about Trump saying I'm going to slap twenty five percent tariffs on all goods coming from Canada unless you guys get your border under control and stop trafficking drugs and people, thank you very much. So she had a falling out with him, So we can actually thank Trump for what looks like imposing a useless leader in his neighboring country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we've had from Trump as well. He's come out, of course, trolling in true Trump style, calling Justin Trudeau governor Justin Trudeau. But it's fine because Justin Toudou, just a couple of weeks ago, I was calling himself a feminist and saying how sad it was that America rejected electing a female president not once but twice, and then here he is having a blot with his female finance minister. But you know, I think this is a Trump effect in action happening that we're seeing over in Canada as well, because Justin Toudo, he's just been known as being a woke leader with his If you look at his track record, it's for the car, he's got a carbon tax, he's decriminalized weed. What else he's got the immigration crisis in Canada as well. We're going to play a bit of Justin Trudeau, should we do it now? Grand plan about plastic bottles.
Speaker 3: And what do you and your family do to cut back on plastics.
Speaker 17: We have recently switched to drinking water bottles out of water, out of when we have water bottles out of a plastic sorry, away from plastic towards paper.
Speaker 1: Like drink box water bottles sort.
Speaker 5: Of things, paper water bottles. There you go.
Speaker 4: You know, I saw a poll recently that said that Dustin Trudeau is heading to be one of the worst prime ministers on record. That's how Canadians are feeling at the moment, there's a vision of him getting heckled. I don't think too many people are going to be sad to see him go.
Speaker 2: No, no one's going to be sad to see this finance minister go, because this is the witch that throws the accounts of peaceful protesters during the Canadian They were just protesting the Canadian government's tyrannical measures during the pandemic. She went so far as to freeze their accounts.
Speaker 3: So more goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got a more of an issue with the fact that Justin Trudeau just looks so insufferably smug all the time, and then you combine that with his very French surname. That's a toxic combination.
Speaker 5: What's worse the French surname.
Speaker 6: I think the French surname fuels the smugness, and the smugness fuels the frenchiness, and that just and.
Speaker 1: The whole thing just is that you found the root terrible, absolutely terrible and just and he is.
Speaker 6: I suppose his new party was emblematic of his the son of Pietro Do, of course, a former Prime minister, so his new party was emblematic of that sort of sort of middle teary kind of you know, middle sort of centrist, rich, elite progressive types that I find very very very very nauseating. But the interesting thing was that he said to his finance minister that, you know, he wanted to move it to another portfolio in the cabinet, so he wasn't just going to sack her.
Speaker 1: But she then cracked the sads and said, well, I can't.
Speaker 6: If you don't want me as finance minister, then I can't possibly serve you. Now, imagine if every time there's a cabinet reshuff.
Speaker 3: You don't have confidence in me, so I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Imagine, I think.
Speaker 6: But imagine if in every single cabinet reshuffle, every single minister whose portfolio change says, well, I can't possibly change portfolios without without without just declaring a vote of no confidence. And this is the thing, is those closest to him who are actually blowing him up. It's the New Democratic Party leader jag Miet Singh. He has called on Justin Trudeau to resign. He's his coalition partner. So these are the guys actually propping up the government, and even they are saying, you've got to go. So it's not just the opposition that destroying him. It's his own cabinet and it's his own coalition partner. But apparently, according to Justin Trudeau, he's still got that amazing feeling.
Speaker 1: Have a look.
Speaker 17: Getting that shot really was an amazing feeling.
Speaker 1: It hits you.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've had experiences like that in my.
Speaker 3: Youth, not with the cod show.
Speaker 6: It wasn't from the COVID shot. After that, I had a little lie down. I mean I felt perfectly fine. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, But that to me looked a bit more like Lucy in the sky with trying.
Speaker 2: To encourage the rush who, indeed.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: The two ministers who's resigned had seen the writing on the walls in the form of the polls in Canada, and they know that this guy isn't long for the parliament, so they might as well desert the sinking ship while it's still sinking and not underwater. Coming up next, the latest Biden blunder.
Speaker 3: You're not going to want to miss it.
Speaker 2: In an absolute cork a word salad from Kamala, This one is one for the poor.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well. The DNC had their get together, and of course it's pretty much full of morning this holiday season because they don't say Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: But Gabby Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Is still in fine form in the word salad department.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone can beat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's the woman. She's not going away, is she there? She was speaking at the DNC And it's funny. I speak to my mates that so desperately wanted her to win because she was a woman and because she's a woman of color. But they say, you know, when you listen to her, you just can't stand her because she has this skill of being able to speak and speak and speak but not make any sense.
Speaker 2: You speak without saying anything.
Speaker 4: So she's done that once again for us. Here is the latest Kamala haas World Salad.
Speaker 18: We are not defeated. Let's be clear about that. We are strong, we are clear about why we are in this. And because you're here right now, I say again thank you, because not only are you clear about all of that, you're willing to put in the hard work. We cannot let any circumstance or situation or individual ever take away our power.
Speaker 3: To know why we do what we do.
Speaker 18: And our ability to then get that work done.
Speaker 5: Except she was defeated.
Speaker 4: She was badly defeated, a landslide, single count.
Speaker 1: You were defeated.
Speaker 6: And how about I assume that was just filmed in front of a completely empty room. It was very quiet, because that's exactly right, because in any normal circumstances, any democratic gathering, just like at any labor gather, the liberal gay people will be jumping up and down, going yeah. And you can just see it that one. Everyone's just looking at her, going what we were defeated because of you?
Speaker 1: We want you like, why is she still doing it?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 6: I don't understand why she hasn't been disappeared. She supposed to be a non person by now. She is a meaningless message. Absolutely, It's like, yes, you were defeated just by having a billion dollars, all the resources in the world, all the media behind you, all the celebrities behind you, everything behind you. You're still completely and utterly screwed it up. And that is why everyone is staring daggers at you instead of applauding.
Speaker 2: But if you believe Joe Biden, who was also at the Christmas end of you get together for the DNC at least they ran an honorable campaign.
Speaker 14: We run a campaign and basically scandal free. It's hard to do in American politics these days.
Speaker 3: Define skandal scandal.
Speaker 1: Three. Well, Las got the biggest laugh of the night.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can't be serious.
Speaker 2: Lastly, before we leave you tonight, to this remarkable story out of the UK. This pub has existed for over five hundred years. It is called the Saracens Head, so you can imagine being the pub owner. He's utter shock and surprise when a guide by the name of Khalid Bakwa, who was previously jailed for spreading Jahati content. He gets slap with a case from this guy demanding hundreds of pounds because he says the signage at the Saracen's Head being that it depicts a brown skinned it ad Arab turk Mail with a turban. He says it incites violence. So he's taking this to court.
Speaker 3: He wants a lot of moula from this poor pub.
Speaker 2: Owner Gabby, and he's expecting his payday and.
Speaker 3: His form of hundreds of pounds.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the fact that he's a convicted terrorist and he's been convicted not once but twice twenty thirteen at twenty eighteen, and here he is thinking he's a chance to make some money because he's offended and he's really worried about the sign at the pub. I think, you know, people at England could be worried that what this guy's potentially capable of, and he's previously been found to be convicted, that he's not just going after this pub. He says, if he wins, he's going after more.
Speaker 2: Well, if anything, that's a good reason not to.
Speaker 3: But you can't win, Joe. They want some people.
Speaker 2: Well, people who champion diversity are always saying.
Speaker 3: We need more representation.
Speaker 2: Here's a really famous pub, it's a piece of the furniture in England, and this guy's now suing them for said representation.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I think to be fair would know more about what does or doesn't incite violence for the convicted terrorist.
Speaker 1: As soon as I saw this sign, I wanted to behead someone. What are you doing to me?
Speaker 2: Trust the experts, as they love to say.
Speaker 3: That's a wrap from us. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, Sky News documentary Never Again, The Fight against Anti Simmons