Speaker 1: Apodiape Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom? Podcast? That's the question we continuously asked you in school holidays.
Speaker 1: School holiday fun, the fun zone of trying to entertain your child every single day for two weeks straight. Yeah, and then the complaints that come out of so bored. Why you like the worst mum out of everyone. Yeah, their mom's changing them to like the Australia Zoo.
Speaker 2: You're like, why aren't we going on holidays? We can go on holidays every time there's a school holiday. Just before the school holidays, we celebrated your forty eight. I was going to post something on the AMI Bad Mum Instagram and then I thought I better just check with rach that she's okay with this because it was a big night. I mean, who starts a party at three pm?
Speaker 1: I actually think it was a vibe. I think the three pm start was a killer because like killer is in positive because everyone was like obviously ramped up. But then it was kind of like a day at the races because you're home a bit earlier, so you feel.
Speaker 2: Well, not that much earlier that this is the thing. I think everybody thought, Oh if a party starts at three. You know we're going to be home by nine. No, No, didn't end up like that. We stayed there, We continued on. We then went to another venue where I did put something on my Instagram. Actually I filmed a little video of we all ordered like cocktails and stuff, and then very soon after that there were people falling off of chairs, and then there was people like being really loud. Was this one old couple who were trying to have dinner in this particular place and we were like a bloody cyclone came through the venue and very quickly the manager came over to me and said, just let you know responsible service of alcohol. We're not serving anyone cocktails apart from me. Rage they gave me mine, stopped everybody else from having them.
Speaker 1: The look of utter disregard from I think everyone else that had ordered one, and they just all stared at you as you trying.
Speaker 2: And I also really enjoyed it because I remember at one point Laura was looking at me and she was like, but where's my cocktail? I was like, you're not allowed one, as I was sipping my O I am my tea. But you did do a lovely speech. Oh no, let me just set the scene, Kate. So we're in Lefties in Brisbane and you've got the whole of the downstairs area for your party, and then upstairs on the balcony there's another function that's happened with families with small kids.
Speaker 1: That was meant to be inside the front bar. So like that whole upstairs area that was not for families to be watching the onslaught of our party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like you were stood on stage giving your speech and you had an audience of your friends and family and then a bunch of kids upstairs. And this is just a little part of the speech.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, I loves Sorry about the trauma up there, but I'm sorry. Also this comes off the back of me saying no, I don't want any speeches. And then I look and then there's my brother who doesn't drink, and he starts making a speech and I was like, please stop. You know when you're look and you go please stop. This kind of one fold and then it went from one to two to three to four, id well, youse, make it stop anyway. And I was just.
Speaker 2: Watching you because you'd started doing your speech and you're talking about you know, everybody coming and all the rest of it. And then you started swearing a lot, and then you looked up at the children, because I was just like, sorry, number.
Speaker 1: One, where have you come from? Number two? Why are you watching? This is not a stage show for children? And number three? And then I got to a point where I was like, Oh, I don't care, They're not my kids.
Speaker 2: Probably worth mentioning at this point as well as not only did you have a potty mouth in front of all those young, innocent children, but you were also dressed as Christina Aguilera in the dirty video with your ass out.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for sending my husband on the birthday?
Speaker 2: Errand oh, never do that? Never do that without like real clear instruction, Katie.
Speaker 1: This didn't need clear instruction. I had organized everything down to the finest tea. And just for the record, the same lady made three cakes and the other two cakes didn't have this mishap. So all that one got told was here's the address, be here at this time, drop off this cash, pick up the cake, come home.
Speaker 2: Okay, pay for the cake. Yeah, bring the cake home. That was all there was to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's got given the cake. The cake now is in a cake box which we all know is white, and some of them have clear tops, so you can see straight through to the cake that you've just purchased that is now in both hands as you walk back to the cake back to the car and then put the cake with your two hands onto the seat, probably still watching the cake with its.
Speaker 2: Clear with its clear lid, which is a great idea to make sure that the cake's looking alright as you ordered it.
Speaker 1: So though, like when you're handing over a cake, like you know, taking myself back into the cheesecake shop days in my teenage years, we had to open the box to be this is the right one? Are you happy with this? And they go, yeah, why didn't the cake lady do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have bought many a cake from the cheesecake and they always do that.
Speaker 1: So then oh, mate, it comes home. He's so happy, he's so happy. Look at me I did the birthday errand cool mate, thank you for doing that one job. I appreciate it. Just pop it in the fridge. Pops in the fridge and then gets to a certain point where one thinks to pull out cake from fridge so that it's like of room temperature ready to eat. When we've finished dinner. I look at the cake. It fucking says happy birthday, Layla and Abby. I looked because I went, what of that? Because it wasn't the colors that I had ordered, nor did I have the little cowgirl hat on it that i'd ordered. It also says two names and not your daughter's name, you fucking imbecile.
Speaker 2: I was like, hap birthday, Laila Abby.
Speaker 1: Luckily I've got breathe at the house with me and we were just literally having a quiet side Luckily she was in the proximity of this cake and myself and him, because I was ready to literally launch this cake at him and go, you idiot, Not one moment in that whole duration of that hour and a half drive to and from getting the cake, did you damn at it? Okay?
Speaker 2: I can understand how this would happen if the lid wasn't clear, did he not? I don't see he said happy birthday Layla and Abby.
Speaker 1: You know, to top this off, Katie, He turns to me and goes, how do I know what color it was? Because you ordered it?
Speaker 2: But what about your daughter's name being Gracie?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I can't remember the last time your daughter's name changed to Layla and Abby instead of Gracie turns twelve? What is wrong? How could this be my fault? Anyway? Bree was losing her shit, laughing, but at the same time she goes, oh my gosh, and she starts to then prime problem solved. Don't worry, Rach like we can easily, Like we can rub out the names and get another thing, all right, Gracie, I said, I don't want to. I didn't ask for a cake with bows. I paid for extra disco bulls and cowgirl hat and twelve to be on it. I didn't ask for these colors. I don't even like this cake.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is that you don't know what cake is inside either, Like you could have tried to make do removing Leyla and Abby's names, putting Gracieton's twelve on there, putting up with the colors. Imagine if you cut into it and it was carrot cake, and.
Speaker 1: He goes, that's fine, they'll eat it. It's cake. No, I don't want carrot cake, I said. I let her choose what flavor cake she wanted. And then are we cut open and it's carrot cake? I said you fuck with I said, get in the car and drive. And so then I'm trying to wring the cake lady who doesn't have a phone number on the thing because it's through Instagram. And I'm like, I did say it look like a mad stalker now because it's just like audio coal audio coal, audio, like probably about twelve times. And I said, you're going back. I don't care, and he's looking at me, going, well, if you can't get onto it, I can't swap the cake.
Speaker 2: How far away was the cake as well?
Speaker 1: And Paddington, So thirty five minute dry there and then thirty five minutes back and then she's like, I'm so sorry. Could you return it? Yeah, of course you'd want me to return it, because I've got somebody else's cake that you need to pass on to somebody else. And she goes, can I please like make it up to you. I don't want any more cake after this. We've had three birthdays. I don't want any more cake for the next three months. I was like, but you can keep my husband, keep hand, send me home the cake, and don't send home the husband. Oh my god, this is awsome. It was clear.
Speaker 2: I was like, clear, lid could you imagine though you hadn't have looked at the cake first and realized, and you'd finished dinner, and you'd gone to light the cans, and you take it over. Happy birthday, Layla and Abby.
Speaker 1: I would have probably got his head and ruined his daughter's birthday because I would have smacked just head into the kate, you know, end of birthday week, Katie. I'm done. I'm so done. I have done everything. I have done this rigmarole now twice this weeking one job