Speaker 1: You're on the air with Jason and Lauren Clints here as well, and Lawrence. So's your mate. Our next guest has joined the cast for the new season of hit Amazon Prime series Deadlock. I've try to solve a high properle.
Speaker 2: Murdy dead to everybody.
Speaker 1: Because he's dead.
Speaker 3: He's also got a sick movie coming out in April, but we're mostly interested in asking him about that one time he was in blue heelers.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show. Look head.
Speaker 4: See, thank you morning having me Good morning now.
Speaker 1: Lauren famously says constantly on this show that you are the favorite Hemsworth out of the boy the funniest.
Speaker 2: Don't you by far the funniest?
Speaker 4: It's so much pressure, Lauren? Would you do that to me?
Speaker 5: You're the most fun I always say that. Every time we're at a dinner or a lunch together. I try and wrangle myself to have a seat near Luke.
Speaker 1: Are you the oldest?
Speaker 4: I am the eldest, but for some reason I just didn't get the you know, the towering height that christ and liamb you got the.
Speaker 1: Voice, the.
Speaker 5: Voice, and he's always the best dressed to No.
Speaker 4: I just like a party shirt. I'm actually you know, my kids give me so much shit about what I what I wear to these these events. When he dressed, I'm dressed down and they're like, oh my god, you look amazing, Dad, your fits awesome.
Speaker 1: You drip drip is like you're mambo shit. Sort of.
Speaker 4: I'm like a you know, like a dragon print. I love a bit of you know, Japanese floral.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 5: When I say he's the best dress, he's sometimes the worst dress. But he pulls.
Speaker 3: How old are the kids, because I'm wondering if they think you are actually cool? Are you cool to hang out with or do they sort of not want to have anything to do with you?
Speaker 4: Mike, he was a seventeen, fifteen, and thirteen, and the thirteen year old loves me. The others are they tolerate my presence? You know, we communicate through owns.
Speaker 5: Look, you're one of three boys and you're now raising three girls.
Speaker 2: We're talking about it before.
Speaker 5: What do you think is harder being a girl dad or a boy dad.
Speaker 4: Well, coming from a family of boys, you know, we we broke a lot of shit growing up. Whereas the girls, they're very emotional. Our house is filled with crime, a lot of crime.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of I don't know, I don't I have no basis for comparison, So I guess I guess girls at this stage are probably harder than boys at.
Speaker 1: This So if you walk into Christ's house, the kids are out the back dooring flips on motorbile. If you walk into Luke's house, is he doing the Yeah, there's a lot of scrolling.
Speaker 3: So when you say, you know, you guys broke a lot of stuff, I mean, what was the sort of average afternoon sort of event in the Hemsworth house. We'll hold at Philip and what do you do footy?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So before we moved to Phillip Island, we lived in a place called Sassafras, which was up in the mountains, and we had this beautiful property with amazing, you know, towering gum trees which we would put zip lines and ropes. We had a rope swing that a kid broke both arms on. When I break things, I'm talking, yeah, that.
Speaker 5: That house is actually I think you guys we watched that episode with Chris and your parents in a Road to Remember, Road Trip to Remember, and they went back to that house and Netflix had got the house and sort of referbed it to how it was when all the.
Speaker 1: Hends was incredible.
Speaker 2: I was emotional watching that. How did you sit through that work?
Speaker 4: I was. I was in northern Ontario a place called Thunderbay, by myself in the snow. It was minus forty two at the time, and I watched it on my laptop and I just I just started crying at the start and finished three hours later. Yes, it was. I was a mess. And I was a mess because you know of what Dad's going through, but also of just not being there and being part of that journey. I really wanted to be on that journey and go back to go back to Bullman and go back to that house. But I love how I was confronting.
Speaker 1: I love how tight your family is. Like everyone's so supportive of each other's projects. It doesn't seem like you guys are competitive with each other.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not true. No, alright, okay, let me tell you he's fifty an oh at wrestling with me.
Speaker 1: So right, I'm more mentor like the professional side. That's all true.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Hensworth family is quite a unit.
Speaker 5: You travel as a pack, you travel in a big crew, which I've had the privilege of having a lot of fun experiences with you guys. But it's quite unique that a family with like three different successful careers have stayed so tight and managed to spend so much time together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just we like each other for whatever reason still, and I think it comes. I think it comes from the healthy competition. Is we're always competing for each other's attention or laughs. Yeah, each one of us is always trying to out to each other and whatever we're doing. So I think and I think that breeds it, you know, this healthy respect. But but I don't know. Yeah, it's expensive taking this whole troop of monkeys around.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a couple of answer. So what do they all think of? Deadlocke Luke.
Speaker 4: Look, I can't get my brothers to watch anything. Yeah, here's the secret. You know, they bradly watched the Oscar Winners, So, you know, getting them to watch a TV show, I mean.
Speaker 1: Is it's up there with I remember the day Lauren came in and she goes, I hope I didn't offend Matt, and I'm like, what do you mean? And this is Matt Damon she as I said, I haven't seen any of his movie. I'm like what do you look? It's Matt Damon. Have you not seen a board movie? Like that's crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well I've started doing it. I haven't seen crime one on one.
Speaker 5: Chris take that hemsy. Hey, but tell us about Deadlock because it's season two. It's on prime video. Now, what is it like when you get a season two on a show like this?
Speaker 2: And how long ago did you film it?
Speaker 4: We shot it in the middle. We started in the middle of twenty twenty four. Yeah, like a while ago. Look, you know, it's there's there's pressure because there's already a click going into it. They have the season one which I wasn't a part of, and so there's there's a little bit of pressure going in. But this, this whole team were just you know, just it just felt like a little family. So walking in there was very very welcome every day and it was always an exploration of how to do things funnier and you know, deeper and nastier and you know, more more interesting. So it just it felt like it just felt like coming home. It just it felt, for one of a better word, it felt easy. And that's a testament too, you know.
Speaker 2: Much great Aussie production at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to check it out. All six episodes of Deadlock Season two launched today on Prime Video globally. Hey, just quickly, I know you're working on a movie project. You've worked with him a couple of times, Russell Crat intense, intense guy.
Speaker 4: He's the best. He's so good. I've done three films with him. I have never shot a single scene with him, unfortunately. Yeah, right, but you know we've We've had a few yarns and I've sat at the at the table with him over a few beers many many times. And you know, he's a gentleman. He's he's his film brain is just unbelievable too. And when he's when he's locked in, he is so so fantastic at what he does, and he's very very supportive of all us younger idiots.
Speaker 3: So excuse my ignorance, but in that opener, did I hear a mention of blue heel?
Speaker 1: Yes, just quickly, what do you work for? Seeing you Sergeant Tom Coryah?
Speaker 3: Were you there a cop?
Speaker 4: I was not a copper. I was a guest.
Speaker 3: I was a.
Speaker 4: Dubious a f L player who involved involved in some some some bad stuff.
Speaker 1: You're going to say, junkie, Mount Thomas, junkie, isn't this great cause of trouble?
Speaker 5: Did you get arrested by saying you started? Tom Crow Thomas police.
Speaker 1: Right, thrill like m joining us on the air this morning. Mate, Thanks for proping. Bye, it's good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, Thanks having mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll see on the weekend, Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.