Speaker 1: Lately German.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Late Debate. Well, thanks for joining us on the Late Debate.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling it again for Caleb Bond, who's hosting The Bolt Report this week.
Speaker 2: Is the awesome Joe Who'll.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: Obviously I'll be filling in for Andrew Bolt next week. I'm sure everyone will be totally cool with.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the show.
Speaker 3: There's a lot we've got to talk about the circuses coming to Sydney, but the Greens want to shut it down, which is a surprise to all of us because I thought the Greens loved clowns. Plus, when we look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, taxes to rise in order to pay for sewage in one of Australia's major cities and a Northern Territory town with the most confusing alcohol laws you've ever heard.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about all of that a little later, but first.
Speaker 3: It's not often that you see One Nation and the Greens on a unity ticket, but we live in strange time. South Australian One Nation MP Sarah Game has received support from the Greens for her proposal to light up Adelaide monuments for Palestine.
Speaker 2: Now, I can understand the Greens calling.
Speaker 3: For monuments to be lit up to support Palestine, but what on earth is a one nation politician thinking calling for this? Sarah Game wrote to the South Australian Premiere and in the letter she said, I would like to see the government light up the city landmarks of Adelaide to show respect, empathy and solidarity with the South Australian Palestinian community, which begs the question, of course, lives what about the South Australian Jewish community.
Speaker 2: She goes on to.
Speaker 3: Say, by lighting up the city landmarks of Adelaide, you're not only brightening the physical landscape that's wonderful, but also illuminating the path toward understanding and cooperation, which of course begs the question does it not? How do you illuminate the path to cooperation by lighting up the city on behalf of only one of the participants in this conflict? Tell you what has been illuminated, and that's Sarah games inability to read the room. Sarah Game has been very good on so many issues.
Speaker 2: What on earth has happened to her?
Speaker 1: Liz?
Speaker 5: I think as the war wears on the war war war on. People are beginning to not turn in their opinion on this, but the reality of one side being more powerful than the other, the reality of the death count on either side, the reality that there are no KPIs for this mission to eradicate her mass, and the realization that in fact, for every killed killed in Palestine, you've just created ten more Jihadis who will probably hate Israel till they're dying death because of what has happened in Gaza since the seventh of October. So I would love to know her personal reasons, but I certainly know just amongst the people that I've been talking to, it's not that sentiment is shifting, or that people's ally ship and their loyalty to Israel is changing, but certainly a deeper awareness of what's going on in the ground in Gaza. Whereas for so long we've been able to just be like, well, we've got to eradicate her mass, but we've got to get these hostages back, etc. And so on. I think people nine months on are just going, well, hang on a minute, are we ever going to be able to eradicate her mass? Hang on a minute, do we even know that the remaining hostages are still alive. Is this just going to go on forever? And I think it's genuinely a growing awareness.
Speaker 3: Is a growing awareness or is an incredible naivety that oh gee, war is messy and people get killed and it tends to go on for a long period of time. I should point out that the South Australian Premiere and the Liberal Opposition have rejected Sarah Game's suggestion. Right Pauline Hanson was asked to comment on her MP suggestion and she declined to do so. I dare say, knowing Flen Hansen, there's a couple of discussions happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: She's previously said that Palestine and Hamas are one and the same, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure she's not going to be.
Speaker 4: Backing lighting up the city of Adelaide in support of her mass if she thinks of the same thing. I thought that was excellent analysis, Liz, but I think this actually gives.
Speaker 1: Far too much credit to Sarah Gabe.
Speaker 4: What we are seeing here is a classic example of the far right and the far left bending around and ending up thinking and saying and supporting the same things. This is not the first time that this has happened. In fact, I was talking to a four source of minor former Green who reminded me during the bidds the boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign against Israel many many years ago, about a decade ago, some of the crazies that this attracted to the Greens campaign.
Speaker 1: Now, this was a Greens campaign.
Speaker 4: It was led primarily by the mayor of Marrickville or mayor of Leichhart, sorry I think it was who ran for the state seat of Merrickfield who was a Greensman. They took it over and so we had a local council doing foreign policy on the run calling for a boycott of Israel. And the funny thing is ten years ago when you start to go after absolutely the Greens have been going after Israel for years and years, and he has nothing to do with his current invasion or attack or ground war against Gaza or whatever they want to call it.
Speaker 1: They have been after forever.
Speaker 4: And who do they get showing up to one of their little fundraisers to support their campaign against Israel But a certain Holocaust denier who obviously denying the Holocaust, has pretty extreme far right views and pretty extreme far right links and this guy rocks up to their fundraiser and he's all for it, and they're all on the same side. So the far right and the far left end up on the same side.
Speaker 3: I pick you up on that, though, aside from I'm not sure Pauline Hanson would like to be characterized as far right, but in.
Speaker 5: A shame category as a Holocaust tonight.
Speaker 3: Game is not representing one nation policy she's going against.
Speaker 1: So you end up.
Speaker 4: Again, this is what happens when you drift too far from the center of the mainstream of politics. This is what happens. You end up going so far to the edge that it loops around again and again. An example, another example where they're on a unity ticket. The Greens and people on the hard right are now fully supporting Julian Assange, while people in the middle of are like, hang on a minute, there's something about but if you about this guy, they've got you know, you know, for better or worse. But you've got Bernie Sanders supporters and Donald Trump supporters who are all in on Julian Nossange, which I know we're going to talk about later. So this is a phenomenon politics. It comes up again and again.
Speaker 5: And again I don't think we can describe it as a phenomenon and gospel truth when you've just brought up not even a handful of examples, all involving one person. So one Holocaust denier attended this thing in Marritckville ten years ago, and Sarah game, who's.
Speaker 1: The great on the greens and helments? No, no.
Speaker 4: Them an empire, that's Ottoman Empire joined Kaiser Wilhelm the Second's World War right because of the Kais of Wilhelm's side, a little gus, Come on, guys, you know we've got so much in common. You know, we both I don't know nothing the Jews. We both got to sing against the Jews. And that was one of the little sweetness that was part of the propaganda that the Kais Wilhem put out there. And again, this is when Jews were actually fighting for the Germans. So that was an even more horrendous betrayal. But I can absolutely promise you there is if you think there is no link, I mean there are far right groups everywhere who are pro Palestine because they think it will sort out the Jews.
Speaker 5: For the current lump the far right in there these days, anyone with a critical thought in their head is called far right.
Speaker 4: I think, look, I understand why people vote for one nation are attracted to it, but some of the stuff they say, I think you could pretty much pretty easily characterize if one nation have got again, although again it also mixed up as well. It also joins far left because a lot of these hard ride are far right whatever you want to call parties, are also really anti capitalism, anti liberal economics. So again you see this thing where they join up with people, you know, socialist parties. That's certainly nationalized interest, that's certainly not one nation.
Speaker 3: But whatever problems one nation might have with Sarah Game, they are nothing compared to the problems that Anthony Albernizi has got with his West Australian Labor senator who's crossed the floor to vote in favor of Palestinian statehood despite the fact it's still governed by a terrorist organization. And of course news tonight many people watching would have heard it already that the Labour Party have said there will be no discipline of her whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Of course, not because we know that Albo cannot discipline such a member.
Speaker 3: We know that he owned we can't discipline anybody, Andrew Giles.
Speaker 5: But this is supposed to be in the Federal Labor Party. This is an expulsionable, absolutely dept ground free period. That is it. That is supposed to be game over. If you're a Labor member and you cross the floor on your party, you are saying goodbye. But of course in this context the rules just don't apply, do they, Because if you're on Elbow's side on this, he knows and he can't lay the SmackDown because we've all seen the footage of him at his pro Palestinian We've all we've all had not on her side.
Speaker 1: The fact that she end well, this is the first not on his side.
Speaker 2: And this is not the first time she's defied him.
Speaker 5: Mean Anthony, he says, she's not truly defying him. She is defying the party line.
Speaker 1: Most the party line.
Speaker 3: First of all, he said, from the River to the Sea has no place in Australia. But she repeated that phrase. Now she's gone against Labor Party policy. The big problem for Anthey Alberanezi is she's a young woman and she's the first Muslim in Parliament to.
Speaker 1: He needs the numbers in the Senate as well.
Speaker 3: It's not the pro for the Labour Party with diversity picks because she's very young to have been on the Senate ticket, but the obviously loved the fact she was a Muslim.
Speaker 1: I think he was young, and.
Speaker 4: I think it is a problem when you when you're not even sort of diversity piece. But yeah, this sort of ticker box thing where we think, all right, this will look great for our cred. You know, we've got someone in a hijab. You know, this will get them voted in on a diversity So yeah, I think I think that is a problem. And I think there is a problem also with the Labor Party not really knowing what it stands for, where it stands on this issue and what it actually stands for, not having a clearly.
Speaker 1: Thought out policy.
Speaker 4: I think it was caught blindsided by October seven in much the same way Israel itself was, and it hadn't actually worked out.
Speaker 5: We just discussed last night. They went all that blind side.
Speaker 4: No, no, that's right, the tops were. But yeah, clearly clearly Labor like I mean, if you looked at the hawk Keating days and even you know, even Bob Carr when he was actually in government.
Speaker 1: Before he sort of switched sides after.
Speaker 4: In retirement, Labor was very very clearly pro Israel.
Speaker 1: Labor was very very earlier friend of his eye.
Speaker 4: There's no equivocation about you's absolute right to exist and defend itself. And since then the character of you know, when labor's in opposition for a long time, it tends to drift off to the left, it tends to become a party of protests in to the party of practice.
Speaker 5: Well, you always do this. You're like, there's two labor parties. When the fight's in charge, they get everything right and they're amazing. It's only when the left's in charge then.
Speaker 4: It all looks that's why it's all gone to rubbish. Now, look a look at how Chris Mins has responded compared to Albo's response. Look how Peter Malnowskus has responded compared to the federal government's response. It's right there in front of you for everyone to see. This is not just me saying it. This is happening in real life. This is happening right now, like you've got people around it. Your colleagues are saying it. On the right of saying a praising Chris Mins for his strong stands.
Speaker 1: So yes, well, certainly not.
Speaker 5: And I'm on the right, So how about that and his strong stands? What has he done except for a pile of empty The.
Speaker 3: Jewish community would say that he's been very good and.
Speaker 5: He has not named me one thing that he's done, namely one thing that he's done. He's said all the right things, but he's done absolutely.
Speaker 3: Jewish community members I've spoken to are very appreciative of Chris minsro Well.
Speaker 5: I'm happy for them to be glad of it, but I don't see his support. I'm sorry. Everyone else is nothing but lip service to Queensland. Now where a petition of over three thousand, six hundred people requesting, hey, you know all that health advice that you use to lock us down, treat us like animals, mandate jabs, so end businesses, lockdown schools, et cetera, and so on, can we please see some of that has been given a flat no by the Queensland government. Oh quote Health Minister Shannon Fentaman, famously the woman who doesn't know what a woman is, she says, Queensland's Chief Health officer issued to public health directions to manage the spread of COVID nineteen throughout the community, including requirements for COVID nineteen vaccination. You can already tell this is just going to be an empty word, salad, But I digress. In making these public health directions, the Chief Health Officer relied on advice from a variety of sources. Specifically, the Chief Health Officer met daily with doctors, epidemiologists, infectious diseases specialists, and public health experts about COVID nineteen and the extraordinary and emergency measures necessary to protect public health. Thank you for the extensive words, salad lady. Of course, what she's really saying is, how about we give you nothing and you shut up and take it. We know that we'd shut you down for months on end. We know that businesses hit the walls. We know that kids didn't get to school, people didn't get to say goodbye to their dying relatives, and we forced you, unless you wanted to lose your job, to get a job. Still in trial phases, the list goes on, the social distancing, the mandate tree masking. But no, no, where. We don't know you anything. It's not like we work for you. It's not like we live on the taxpayer dime. It's not like we were elected to represent you, and almost four thousand of you have just told us, Hey, we'd really like to see some answers. How about an email chain? How about what.
Speaker 4: I think this confirms what we've sort of already know and what Faucci basically said, which is that they were sort of making it up as they went along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero, a little.
Speaker 4: Huddle and say all right, what new measure we're going to introduce now? And some of this you can understand. And again I can understand if something new. You are making decisions on the fly, you don't necessarily always.
Speaker 1: I think you can still.
Speaker 5: Show people that the problem made Joe, how were those interesting?
Speaker 4: They showed all the email trawels of the hotel quarantine, and again it was just such a missmash of all these people ducking responsible.
Speaker 2: Can we go back to show us that, go.
Speaker 5: Back to show us that, show us how much of a crap show it was that you arrived at these things? Go millions of people.
Speaker 2: Go back to what you very accurately just rib as a word seller.
Speaker 3: But in the salad there is a little morsel of information there.
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 3: They relied on quote advice from a variety of sources. Now, I think when we had these daily press conferences where they said, you know, only ten people will be able to attend a graveside funeral because the health advice is when they said that, you know, it's better to drink and be a standing up than sitting down with a health advice.
Speaker 5: Health advice.
Speaker 2: We all listen to that and we assume, well, there.
Speaker 3: Must be a piece of paper somewhere where someone studiously, but now you here it is advice from a variety of sources, which actually means the decisions were made by everybody, which means nobody can hold anybody responsible.
Speaker 2: That's essentially what they're But the least that you.
Speaker 5: Owe people is just being like, okay, So in terms of shutting down the schools, here's the people who are involved in that decision.
Speaker 2: With so many people they can't nominate who. It was a general vibe.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you, I'll tell you, I'll tell you what was involved in the shutting down schools. And again I remember it like it was yesterday. Anastagia Palichet held a press commons do a great credit and said schools in Queensland will remain open. The Queensland Teachers Union then had to stop work meeting the next day and the day after and Stagia Palasa say, actually, schools are.
Speaker 1: Going to be closed. That was the medical advice.
Speaker 4: It was a teacher's stop work meeting, so that teachers union stop work meeting.
Speaker 5: We'll speaking around so close did she say on medical advice.
Speaker 4: This is hot? It was just I'm not sure if she even had a coach to read it. But I'd written this and said it time and time and time again. And this is why there was such little faith in so many public health matters, because it was clearly being dictated for political purposes, and it was clearly being done on the fly.
Speaker 3: And again let's combine those two things, the unions and on the fly. Have a look at this vision from September twenty twenty where unions paid for are planing to fly across Brisbane showing a sign that says we are safe because she is strong talk about doing things on the fly. That was literal, and it was what did clear What the strategy was, wasn't it? It was to listen to all the advice that was maccaron and that by rendso the fear they would win the next lection, which.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable to me, that a this many people just went along with the narrative, props to the people who were just like, I don't believe you, and now allow them to duck accountability. You don't get to do that. This reminds me of the UK inquiry into all this. In January, it was revealed that the chief health officer in Scotland got him and his entire team, including Nicolas Sturgeon, the first Minister of Scotland at the time, to daily delete their WhatsApps. What does that tell you the disdain with which these elites treated their people during that period and continue to by being like, aha, deleted it all. Zero accountability. Can't even read you what we said to each other or how we arrived at these conclusions that literally destroyed the human rights of millions of people in our country. Oh well, just too bad. We don't have, as Fentimen says, or we don't have a truncated version of the advice.
Speaker 1: For any We don't have one.
Speaker 5: Don't there is there.
Speaker 3: It's because when they said they were following health advice, we assumed they were consulting medical doctors. They actually meant spin doctors.
Speaker 1: Well, they in Victoria, they actually were in Victoria.
Speaker 4: They did research to find out how the messaging was being received and.
Speaker 1: Was all based on it.
Speaker 4: It was staggering and it was and there was just a complete lack of reasonableness as well, and you know, and I think in some cases that provoked equally unreasonable responses. But you know, the idea that you know, and again I can understand people saying, look, we don't know about this sort of thing, but it's probably best if you stay more than spitting distance away from someone. But the idea then that you would have this absolute, hard and fast enforcement of these kind of vague guidelines that you think might work but you're not entirely sure, and they're not basedly but anyone who breaches them would then be met with the full force of the law or publicly shamed into being a granny killer. That I think is the real problem. And I think that says almost as much about this really nasty mob mentality that can so easily be unleashed in people by a strong sort of popping deliberately, Joe, they reorganize the.
Speaker 5: Peer and we saw people turn against good people. That was more frightening than almost anything else. But to a story now that you will literally not be able to believe and potentially may not be able to keep your dinner down due to your level of utter fury. This one comes out of Germany, where a woman is now being sent to jail for criticizing sending mean texts to a rapist. In Germany back in twenty twenty, a young fourteen year old German girl was gang by a group of over eleven men. Nine of them well, their DNA was all over her, so it was pretty easy to identify them. They'd also been whatsapping each other, calling each other saying, hey, there's this girl in the park, come join us, and so you can only imagine the ensuing scenes. Some of them filmed it on their phones. Not a hard case to convict, you'd think, And yet let's read it straight from the publica. Despite DNA and WhatsApp evidence, eight of the nine men convicted walked free with probation and spent no time in prison at all. The ninth was sentenced to two years and nine months in prison without parole. Angered by the news of the case, a twenty year old woman from Hamburg messaged the number through WhatsApp. The targeted rapist then reported the woman to the police and she was charged with sending him insulting messages. The woman has now been convicted and sentenced to a weekend in prison for her remarks, meaning that she will have spent more time in jail than eight of the nine rapists. What do you think these techs said? Like they literally all she wrote was a dishonorable rapist pig, two disgusting miscarriage. Don't really get that one, but three. Aren't you ashamed when you look in the mirror. She has gone to jail for speaking to someone who, by the way, all of them weren't German. Hence the outrage amongst the Germans that this fourteen year old had been beset upon these guys and got zero justice. But I don't even have words for this case that we are now in a situation. By the way, this woman who's just gone to jail is one of one hundred and forty people being investigated for making harmful comments toward the rapists. What a great use of police time.
Speaker 3: Well, people were so outraged by this result that someone got one of the phone numbers to one of these rapists and broadcaster online. Hence there were one hundred and forty people plus this woman who all saw the phone number and thought, well, I'm going to have my say. But a psychiatrist gave evidence at the rape trial to say that perhaps in gang raping this fourteen year old girl that they were venting their frustrations, felt as migrants and as people who were experiencing homelessness, and therefore the court should show them leniency, which the court appears to have listened to.
Speaker 1: Those is just.
Speaker 3: But if the German elites are looking to rouse the population and cause.
Speaker 2: Some kind of riot, they're going about it the right thing.
Speaker 4: And we've talked on this show about what you know, seriously bad dudes the alternative for deutsch Land are But if you want to know why people are voting for a party that even Marine la Pen's National Front.
Speaker 1: Refuses to deal with because it's too extremely people, this is why.
Speaker 4: And people see this they become absolutely furious and they think, well, if the government is not actually prepared to do anything about something that is so clearly not just injust, but unjust, but gritesque like that is the very opposite, this disgraceful sort of inversion of justice. People see this and they go, right, I'm going to vote if this is the system, I will vote for anyone who is vowing to tear the system down. And you know, again, I find it staggering that governments and courts are making decisions like these from their ivory towers and then wondering why there are all these sort of pitchforks and torches at the base. It's staggering.
Speaker 5: Sends the message that it sends to these guys and others like them is go ahead, yeah, well got away with a slap on the wrist, not on a bit of a probationary period.
Speaker 1: But another thing at all's.
Speaker 3: Actually the racism of low expectations. It's a classic example of this where because your migrants, you don't understand, right, it's actually such do you think rape's okay?
Speaker 4: Such internalistic view that is actually again a disgustingly grotesque statement to make about you know, margans with a homeless But basically, if you're a migrant, or if you're a homeless, you're more likely to be an evil gang rapist. But that's okay, we understand, and that of course is absolute rubbish as well. So these people, in their efforts to tie themselves into not to be you know, anti racist, or to be pro you know, pro homeless are actually showing themselves.
Speaker 3: There is another side to this, of course, too, and that is that europe have allowed mass migration of people who don't necessarily share European values, especially when it regards women and the way that women ought to be treated, and that's something that no one wants to about.
Speaker 2: That's a big part of.
Speaker 5: The stats that they do. We really, really western countries, we don't do this. But I noticed in the election in the Netherlands, which saw another tremendous victory for.
Speaker 6: The far right, which isn't far at all. Obviously they're just reflecting what is now mainstream values in dutch Land, but they will actually publish crimes committed according to the races that committed them in their countries, like they are unashamedly just going. The Dutch do not commit the vast majority of crime in our country, and of course that is very instrumental in pushing up the vote amongst the Dutch, who are just like the Netherlands. For the Dutch, we are sick of being a overrun by immigrants, these people who do not share our culture, they do not share our values, and they prove that by coming here and committing these crimes on our territory and against our people.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is said, why there was.
Speaker 5: That wipeout in the European Parliament.
Speaker 4: Both to the point, I'm not sure you have to look at the data. I'm not sure how it goes, but often you have, you know, with the first influx of migrants, particularly there from war zones or whatever, there is a sort of generation where you know, it requires them settling in, and then it does in the second generation and whatever. But and I'm all for I'm all for that. But the problem is we've said, like, you know, there was you know, everyone I remember, you know, coming to Sydney and everyone was worried about.
Speaker 1: The Asian gang crime.
Speaker 4: Asian gang crime was everywhere, and I interviewed a couple of them myself actually. But again, a generation later, no one is talking about that, No one is worried about Asian gang crime.
Speaker 1: It's moved.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a Middle East gang crime squad. So that does happen. But the problem is, again it goes back to this. If a government in seeking to be touchy feely and work or whatever, is saying, if you are from this cultural background, we will actually give you leeway to commit these crimes, we will not punish you as heavily for committing these crimes. Then you're actually you are playing right into that kind of as you said, the Dutch thing, where you're now categorizing crimes according to race, which I think is pretty hargous and weird and creepy. But you are encouraging that if if you are not if the governments, this is what I'm saying, is that if the governments are not going to treat all criminals equally, regardless of their background, then you are going to see again far right parties or populist parties, whatever you want to call them, say, well, all right, well, if you're going to treat people differently because of race, we'll start treating people differently because of race as well. You started it, and again that is the problem of the left time making.
Speaker 3: Just before we move on from that, you mentioned the far right. I've got to mention Caleb Bond is not here tonight because he hosted the Bolt Report, but he is watching, and he texted me during the program to say, Sarah Gain from One Nation is.
Speaker 2: Not far right at that point.
Speaker 3: So there you go, Caleb, we got your comment in even though you're not here, is still working brilliant speaking of madness, and particularly as it relates to women. The Taliban, three years after they took over in Afghanistan, still negotiating with the United Nations who are trying to bring them in to the League of Nations. There's a meeting happening next week. But get this, the United Nations are going ahead with this meeting with the leaders of Afghanistan, despite the fact that the Taliban have said this meeting must have no females from Afghanistan present, and whatever's on the agenda, we will not discuss female rights, despite the fact that in Afghanistan, once you turn age eleven, you are not allowed to continue with your education if you are female.
Speaker 2: In fact, you're not allowed out the front.
Speaker 3: Door of your house of your house if you're a woman, except that you are covered from head to toe and with a male chaperone. How can the United Nations agree to meet with the Taliban when the Taliban are insisting fifty percent of our nation, in fact, fifty percent of our nation won't not only be represented, we won't even talk about them.
Speaker 5: Look, these guys don't have a shred of credibility. I studied the UN first up when I was doing my master's in human rights, we studied the UN in depth, and it's just I could.
Speaker 1: Not believe it.
Speaker 5: I was like, these people are not good people anyway. But then we see them making moves like putting China on their human rights counselor getting iedrun late last year here to share their human rights pow wow, and you're like, Iran really interesting choice. They're not to be taken seriously they I mean, and we don't even have to refer to their behavior since October seven, and how appallingly they have not even once like wrapped Iran on the knuckles for the part that they know that they've played in this, or even once given the smallest word of condolences or support to Israel. I mean, we're all supposed to part of be part of this, you know, human family at the United Nations. They're not united at all. It is a battering ram that the global elites use to favor some and cut the others off at the knees, even when it makes absolutely no sense like this, And imagine how Afghan women feel expecting the UN to be someone of an arger of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, justice, human right, that's our right.
Speaker 1: What happened to believe all.
Speaker 4: Women this yep, exactly, it can't seem to see them anywhere. It's disgraceful. And again it just goes to you know, once you can die in this. And again it just goes to show how pathetically shameful the US withdrawal from Afghanistan was, and how how appallingly just ham fisted it was. And oh, I don't worry the Taliban, No, they won't take back over again. And again that's something that governments of both persuasions of the US have done.
Speaker 1: The Kurds were betrayed in Syria as well.
Speaker 4: But you know, again, if you are going to Mollycoddle, and it does seem to be strangely directed at one particular side, and these sorts of disappears. But if you're going to model Coddal extremism, if you're going to model Coddal people who do not share human rights values, do not share you know, basic human values, let alone Western values, then what are you going to get.
Speaker 3: One of the crazy things that happens is do you remember when the Taliban were this outrageous terrorist organization? Oh, I now Glida came along and the Teleban weren't so bad, and then Isis came along and it went so bad, and the Taliban were almost sort of school chair and us that make the Teliban look.
Speaker 1: Behind.
Speaker 4: September eleven, remember that, that's why we went to war. That's got us down because the Taliban was supposedly well the harbor we were told we went so supposedly harboring in Laden. It turns out it wasn't chemical weapons and mass destruction in Iraq. After all, it doesn't matter. We'll just, you know, we'll go off the draw now that you in a like will agree to be same. We have to get rid of those people because they're behind the worst terrorist attack on American soil of all time. We stay there for twenty years, do a crap ass job of it, and then when we decide we just can't be asking and say, oh, maybe they're not that bad after all, and.
Speaker 5: We're even billions of dollars of weaponry and you name it, we left it for them.
Speaker 1: What a beautiful a lot of highluxes.
Speaker 3: All right, Liz, we're going to let you introduce this next topic, because Julian Assange is finally looking like he will return to Australia.
Speaker 2: You've got a couple of minutes to tell us how one day.
Speaker 5: Beautiful day, ladies and gentlemen, because Juange freedom fighter, the man who exposed more corruption with a few Wiki leaks than the American government had ever seen before in their entire military history, which is why they were so humiliated. The CIA even got together and said, hey, the Trump administration has asked us if we've got any ideas how to bump off this guy. Let's give him a few options. No joke, look it up. The Guardian wrote at length about it. Just incredible stuff, because of course, if you're the CIA bumping someone off, it's just you, guys. He's not the lollipop, not a traitor. This man is a hero. He literally is a hero. Like I keep saying to governments, if you don't if you don't want your corruption, which is a shame, which is a great shame because everyone still believes that. And I had someone say it to me today. Well, he's the hacker. He's the hacker, Pete Paul. It was proved in Chelsea Manning's court martial trial years ago before she was pardoned by the Biden administration and is now living up her life being a DJ. Yes, that is not a joke. So you've got Julian here, who never did any hacking. It was proved in Chelsea Manning's court martial trial. Every single document, every single record that she sent to wiki leaks was well within her purview to have access to. So she hadn't hacked either, right, She simply did a data dump and gave it to wiki leaks. Now, if you want to prosecute him for that, you need to prosecute The New York Times. You need to prosecute.
Speaker 3: Julianissan is not the journalist out of media outlet.
Speaker 5: Oh so what do you think he deserves it?
Speaker 2: Because that's a.
Speaker 5: Very arguable point.
Speaker 3: Do you think Julia side the very arguable You call Julian Nossandra journalist?
Speaker 2: What article has he ever written?
Speaker 5: He has done?
Speaker 2: He'd a whole.
Speaker 3: Lot of information on the Internet without curating it, without going through and editing it, just dumped hundreds of thousands of documents on wikileas. That's not it's not journalism. It's not journalism, and it's not publishing.
Speaker 5: He's publishing information online.
Speaker 2: He's no more a publisher than I'm a publisher.
Speaker 5: Kids on Adam Crichton and earlier on Shark, I love Adam Crichton the same. No, he is not, and how on earth? This is why the US couldn't get him. The years kept passing.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get him, kept void.
Speaker 5: Time they rolled out the espionage at everyone knows it's complete bogus. Let's read this tweet from RFK Julian Aissan struck a plea deal and we'll go free. I am overjoyed. He's a generational hero. The brad news is that he had to plead guilty to conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense info, which means the US security state succeeded in criminalizing journalism and extending their jurisdiction globally to non citizens. Julian had to take this. He has heart problems and he would have died in prison, but the security state has imposed a horrifying precedent and dealt a big blow to freedom of.
Speaker 2: He's not the press yet, what do you.
Speaker 5: Think WikiLeaks was? It's not was, Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It's not not a publisher, They're not the president.
Speaker 5: Newsletter. Are you a journalist? Are you a journalist?
Speaker 3: You are publishing Julian, not a journal.
Speaker 4: Publishing national security.
Speaker 5: Again, that is what the US called the New York Times problem, because they too have published The New.
Speaker 4: York Times, reviewed everything before they published that and make sure that no one would be in trouble.
Speaker 1: That is not the sort of stuff that WikiLeaks, which.
Speaker 4: If we wanted to, if we want to, if we're talking about tweets. So I really enjoyed this one by Stephen Maine, who shed some phenomenal light on this issue, great local angle. He said that he'd been told that it was Kevin Rudd, in fact, Kevin Rudd, using his impeccable energy's impeccable sources, who managed to get Julian assigned this. This came from Stephen Main, obviously the founder of krikey. I'm hearing Keaven Rudd deserves a lot of cutos regarding the Assange outcome.
Speaker 1: I wonder where he's hearing that from.
Speaker 4: He must get from wiki leak, because the only two people you must be on the phone of Julian Massange.
Speaker 1: Who else could have you heard it from?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: We have got to wrap this up and go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in the papers tomorrow, Stay around, Welcome back to the late debate. Let's look at what's making news tomorrow. Joe Hildebrand, you've got the Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 4: Fine, master, it is yes, albos Gaza test much splash. Prime Minister Anthony Albanezi is facing pressure to discipline Senator Fatima Payman after she became the first Labor MP in eighteen years to cross the floor, this time in support of Palestinian statehood and I think the first time since Labor and government. Paul Murray also mentioned this in almost ge is the best part of half a century.
Speaker 1: So it's an appalling, treacherous, terrible act.
Speaker 4: And I just wonder there must be some secret polling out there that shows that Labor and the Albanezi government is doing incredibly well because they've decided they can afford to just screw everything up this week and just you know, you know a point, mat Cain, you know, like let this too, class of four give it two hundred thousand dollars pay rise to the GJA.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 4: Apparently there's a lot of fat I haven't seen the polling myself.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: Do you genuinely believe Joe that the reason why he hasn't kicked it to the curb over this is because he needs the Senate seat.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also there's but I think there's a whole bunch of reasons that pile up on each other. One is, obviously there's the cool to hard arithmetic that they are far more Muslims in Australia there are Jews. I think, you know, even if you didn't think you were taking that into consideration, anyone with the political bone in their body couldn't help but subconsciously do it. I think he's also probably he's also just, believe it or not a nice guy and he's loyal, and he sticks with people. He probably thinks it's to.
Speaker 1: Put out down.
Speaker 4: I agree that would be against them all if I was the leader. But and again the same way you've seen him stand by Andrew Giles as well.
Speaker 5: The guy can he not be to people who are doing their jobs and being awesome.
Speaker 3: Look, the crazy thing for Anthony Albanez is just when you get some good news, i e. The release of Julius Sans, which he would be claiming credit for. This is our ability to manage international diplomacy. But you look at the front page of the Daily Telegraph, which I've just scrawled all over, but you've got to elbows. Gaza test and Julia salms the good news.
Speaker 1: Good news is reduced to it and again the j.
Speaker 4: Two hundred thousand dollars pay rise front page every single metropolitan newspaper in the country.
Speaker 1: Why didn't have to be?
Speaker 3: And the other thing now is tomorrow's news is not about this vote on Palestine. It's about Anthony Alberanzi's leadership. And it reinforces this narrative that's been running for quite some time now that he's the handsome boy.
Speaker 2: He's the beta. Made you say beta, I say through Tomato.
Speaker 5: The Northern Territory News now where the front page splash reads community goes dry to be able to consume alcohol just itching for a drink. A Red Center community has performed legal gymnastics by becoming a dry zone just to allow residents to be able to have a drink in their own homes. After flip flopping between being a wet and dry community, Ichiku Park became an interim alcohol protected area which residents couldn't opt out of. So my understanding of the reading of this is that its own. If you're a dry area, as in, no one can drink in the pub, in the park, in the out in public, but you can drink home. They've opted to become a dry community. Drink.
Speaker 1: Didn't know.
Speaker 4: This did my head in and I thought it must be something like that as well. I did a deep dive on this. Obviously, anything to do with alcohol consumption is an extreme personal concern to me. So what was happening was that it was oscillating between being a wet area and a dry area. So you know, alcohol would be banned for a while, then you know suddenly, oh no, it's okay. The band's been lifted, so everyone can drink, and all other problems that often can that can bring in remote indigenous communities, and so another band would come down and that made it entitable for the people who just want to have a quiet beer in the comfort of their own home to do it. Now the way to get out of the way, to get out of having a dry band imposed on you. Since I think the troubles I was spins. You had to have an Instead of an opt in system, it was an opt out system, so you are un less. A majority of residents decide to opt out, and they couldn't get a majority of residents to decide to opt out because they wanted to be dry. Because again, as we've seen, we know the problems at alcoholic cause. But it turned out that you can also apply for a permit to drink in your own home. So even in a dry area, you could apply for a permit to drink only in the privacy of your own home, non in public, no pubs, whatever, whatever. And so it was actually easier for the people who wanted to have a drink in Itchikou Park to say, all right, you know what, we don't forget opting out. We want to make it a dry area and then we'll apply for a permit so we can knock over the VB long Neck. Thank you very much, Australia, You're welcome. That was brilliant. Finally a story that I a cause I can get behind.
Speaker 2: I just like the name itchiqu Park, It's just a wonder name.
Speaker 1: Let's go under three thousand miles south of Humpty Doo.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of tomorrow's Adelaide advertiser. Mouly in the Pooh who reads the headline bill shock for water sewer to estates eighty five dollar new house tax.
Speaker 2: Here's what the story says. Average water bills will.
Speaker 3: Rise by eighty five dollars annually to fund a one point five billion dollar water and sewer infrastructure surge to unlock forty thousand home allotments in four years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: This is in the north of Adelaide, where there's land waiting to be developed, but the sewage system doesn't extend out there. Some people have built homes anyway and developments have gone ahead. But as the article goes on to outline, at the moment, there are one hundred thousand liters of sewage every day being trucked out of Adelaide's north because the system doesn't facilitate it being drained away by the sewage system. So everyone in South Australia will get an eighty five dollar tax so that they don't have to truck the sewage out anymore.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I think that is worth it. Who's going to complain?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think anything. I just don't want to know, just anything involving sewage.
Speaker 1: Just make it happen.
Speaker 5: That's what pipes are for. Joe, tell us about the eyes.
Speaker 1: I will tell you about the eyes and listen.
Speaker 4: Intersting one got off one minute guilty the next down the bottom of the front page. For a few seconds, Greg Lynn thought he might have got away with it. He was found not guilty on the verdict was for the charge of murdering Russell Hill, and yet guilty on the charge of murdering Carol Clay. So it would appear that he has murdered. So you've got Russell Hill and Carol Clay. There's a teenage sweethearts who had then got back together later in life, and he's been found guilty of killing her but not him. So when the vertue raises the question of how did the jury think that he the other guy died?
Speaker 1: And then so they've come back and get that's right, So they've just been together.
Speaker 4: So the Jews come back and say, all right, we think you killed her but not him, even though they both disappeared or died together. And this, this, this paragraph just jumped out of me. The families of Russell Hill and Carol Clay were both relieved and devastated by the jury's verdict, respectively.
Speaker 1: Well you would be Look, I mean, you just I just don't how does that sure?
Speaker 3: And I imagine he thought he was in the clear when the first sorry first, he would have thought, oh, hang on a second, I'm a chance. And what's most interesting about this story is that the police suspected this guy for months, well over twelve months. He had no idea. They were monitoring his home, his car, They were listening to him, and they were leaking information to the press, just bit by bit then to see if he would talk about it. And they actually recorded him talking to himself in his car having listened to radio broadcasts, and that was part of the evidence was used to convict him.
Speaker 5: Wow. Wow, I just thought the moral of the story don't talk tou not if you've done.
Speaker 4: The moral of the story I think is a like be consistent. Like it's just at least, you know, like one other. And I think the second moral of the story is we can deliver the bad news first. Is there there like, is there a protocol? There may be a legal protocol where you have to get all the not guilties out of the way before you get to the guilties. But do you think they deliberately said, I know, will let him have one last little flutter of hope.
Speaker 3: Before we sure there's more to it than that, Let's go to the towns for bulletin.
Speaker 5: Listen very goodly before we go forty million cash injections for renewable zone. We're on the front of the Townsville bulletin. Townsville is set to receive a forty million investment in a local renewable energy zone pilot project that aims to help reduce residents power bills.
Speaker 2: And that's all we have on this cycle of.
Speaker 5: Being completely an ugly gas lip. Like another forty mil here, another one trill here. This is in an effort to get your energy builds down people. I mean, we have spent billions of dollars in this country already. We are still waiting to see our energy billing.
Speaker 1: It's electricity.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break stick around when we come back the circus to Sydney or except maybe it's not not if the Greens can help it.
Speaker 2: That's in a moment.
Speaker 3: Well, we mentioned earlier that Caleb Bond, though not on the program tonight, is home watching sending in his commentary to correct us and make sure we're all saying the right things. He's even sent in a photograph of himself watching the program. Check this out, this glass of we'll see the cat on the line there as well.
Speaker 2: Good on your Caleb.
Speaker 3: I hope you're enjoying it, and I hope the cat is enjoying program. Well, the circus is coming to Eastern Sydney, but maybe not because the Greens are opposing it. Greens from the Willara Council say that using animals for entertainment is quote out of touch with modern society. I love how the Greens, with ten percent of the vote understand what modern society wants. Have they never heard of the zoo or SeaWorld or you know Looney Tunes cartoons, or don't they have pets? Council at Matthew Robertson said, and I quote, how can you say animals are enjoying themselves. They're subject to the flavor of their master's. Society has moved on. We have to acknowledge the changing community attitude and the rise in support, particularly among young people, for animal welfare. It's about respecting the rights of animals and this is an instance where I think as a council we should be doing that.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know.
Speaker 3: How many animals are being used in the Stardust Circus performance in Eastern Sydney? I'll tell you five dogs and four goats. That's what the Greens are upset about. I'm sure the five dogs and four goats will be having a wonderful time at the circus.
Speaker 5: List Indeed, and speaking of circus, aoc who's best known as America's Lydia Thorpe. Apparently we all have at least one. She's a Democrat and she's currently campaigning in the Bronx. Check out this extraordinary display design to get thoats.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 7: Present it was system. Are you ready a.
Speaker 5: Political cringe at its finest America. It's only when you look at America you actually start feeling better about Australia.
Speaker 2: Well that's all we've got time for, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment, it's the Eat a Penahesia
Speaker 7: H