Speaker 1: On scoring Leeds Ostrodia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the reader Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight is Zoe Daniel That's threat to democracy as the teal refuses to concede defeat in the seat of Goldstein.
Speaker 2: Adam Criton will be.
Speaker 3: Here to discuss that and today's other top stories. Professor in Kimer on the Queensland government ducking a billion dollar wind farm project for ad'angelus.
Speaker 2: We'll have the latest from the US.
Speaker 3: And later in the hour kinsisco Field on why Disney executives.
Speaker 4: One of the ladies of the View, to tone.
Speaker 3: Down their anti Trump hysteria and talking about lefties losing it. Tonight's edition features a trans park ranger at Yosemite National Park with this important message.
Speaker 5: Hecs that can transition success can be found on every continent and in every ocean one planet Earth. So call it a protest, call it a celebration.
Speaker 3: But first, the youth crime crisis in Melbourne has intensified further. In the latest escalation, please say that two rival gangs organized to meet at Northland Shopping Center on Sunday, armed and ready to fight after an incident the previous day, terrified shoppers were forced to run for their lives in the busy shopping complex in the Melbourne suburb of Preston, with families barricading themselves in stores as the machete wielding youth.
Speaker 6: Ran riot And then we got let out, and then when we got let out, lost all my belongings, went back to the food court, no arms, nothing, We had no idea where anyone was. And then there was a second lot that had come through, got knocked over, got knocked over, and yeah, I'm here today to collect my car and see where my belongings are.
Speaker 4: I've lost. Everything was hectic. It was just crazy like an iPhone, yeah, with machetes.
Speaker 7: Glanced over and he was holding quite a big machete, so I obviously was like, oh my god, you know, terrifying and displayed.
Speaker 6: It was just a man lying on the floor like a surrounded by cobs with big flood on the floor.
Speaker 7: The other man with the big machetes still in his stomach.
Speaker 3: A sixteen year old and a fifteen year old have since been charged with multiple offenses, including a frey intentionally causing injury, possession of a controlled weapon and use of the controlled weapon. Premier just Into Alan has today announced a ban on machetes.
Speaker 8: We are choking the supply of machetes by bringing about this immediate band from them being sold anywhere in Victoria.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this is IPA chief economist and senior fellow Adam Crichton. Adam, this seems like a great solution.
Speaker 2: Just banned machetes. Don't worry about.
Speaker 3: The underlying issues with crime crisis. And I'm sure these thugs are going to be abiding by the new rules and not accessing machetes. If it's not a machete can be another large later weapon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look to focus on machetes, I think is somewhat amusing. I don't think the number of machetes and Victoria has changed dramatically.
Speaker 4: In recent years, and yet we have seen this spiking crime. I think.
Speaker 9: You know, one kind of a sad anecdote here on the state of politics in this state is that, you know, the machines were meant to be banned on the first in sectum, but now they're going to be banned overnight.
Speaker 4: Just it's of one particular incident.
Speaker 9: So it just goes to show you how reactive the state government is there's really no long term planning. But on the broader issue of youth crime, this has certainly been increasing recently. This is very, very distressing to see. It would have been very scary being at that supermarket that day. And you know, my sense is that you know, certain groups in the community don't have as much respect for the law. I don't think that's kind of saying anything kind of out there.
Speaker 3: And the state government for so long has deny that there is a gang issue in this state, particularly youth gangs, and until they acknowledge there is a problem, they're going to be in no position to solve it.
Speaker 2: And just banning things isn't the answer.
Speaker 3: And the opposition, I've got to say, haven't exactly been groundbreaking on this either. They not look at the broader issues, underlying issues and to do with the criminal justice system as well. I mean, look at this case. This is a more youth crime in Victoria. Sixteen year old charge with seventy separate offenses, mostly assault related, in just the last twelve months. While in arguing for bail, the teen's lawyers told the Children's court that he now self identifies as First Nations, despite his parents telling police he isn't had him putting that to it To one side, it's just another example of a teen facing serious charges getting bailed time and time and time again. The criminal justice system in this state is broken, and you're right, the Alan government is reactive. They're taking measures now, but it all seems to be too little.
Speaker 10: Too late.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, certainly in this particular example, this kid does not seem like a good young fellow in all those charges. But more broadly, I would say in Australia, and you're probably think I'm going to be soft on prime here reader, but you know, we probably have too many nonviolent offenders in prison. It costs, it costs a huge amount to look after them. I think at the.
Speaker 4: IPA we did some research last year.
Speaker 9: It costs about one hundred and sixty thousand dollars a year to keep one person in prison. And the prison population has been growing five percent, it grew last year. That's three times population growth. So you know, this is billions and billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: A year we're spending.
Speaker 9: So so you know, there must be a better way with you know, with criminals like this guy.
Speaker 4: You know he's probably from away with family.
Speaker 9: Perhaps I don't know anything about his particular case, but more broadly, we've got to try to keep well.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting discussion about whether non violent criminals should just have a some sort of a tracking device. I'd be fined to home atsion. Now let's talk about the Australian Electoral Commission holding a partial recount of votes in the seat of Goldstein amid till candidate Zoe Daniels continued refusal to concede defeat. This is despite the fact that it's been declared now several times and she may have forgotten this, but back in twenty twenty, Zoe Daniel lash Donald Trump on social media, posting Trump has to find an excuse for losing that is not himself, because he can't accept being a loser.
Speaker 2: Now it's Zoey Daniel or should that be Zoe denial.
Speaker 3: That he's refusing to accept defeat.
Speaker 2: Is she a threat to democracy?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you can't sleep at night with this sort of threat.
Speaker 9: Look, it's very funny when the shoes on the other foot, that was a very good fine of yours. I think you found that in her Twitter feed, didn't you? Oh no, No.
Speaker 2: Some other person on expounded I've just used it.
Speaker 4: But look, I mean, you know she's you know, it is embarrassing for her.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think the footage of her claiming victory will be one of the funniest sets of footage I think in Australian political history. The fact that there's a recount that's somewhat interesting because the triggers meant to be one hundred votes I think it's two hundred and sixty votes different, so they didn't have to do a recount. I noticed it's a partial recount, so it's we're not going to change the outcome. I mean, I think she would have been better just not asking for one, especially given the embarrassment I just mentioned earlier.
Speaker 3: About oh No, I think that's holding onto dear life and the man who beat her. Tim Wilson has posted this on x He said, I'm concerned about the increasing escalation of commentary from the former Member for Goldstein that is trending towards bringing the Australian Electoral Commissions Count into question and needlessly seed in questions about the AEC's processes. The AAC has been very thorough. The count has gone on for three weeks liberal until scrutineers observed the process votes were.
Speaker 2: Counted multiple times.
Speaker 3: Margin hasn't dropped below one hundred once in a majority, and our two hundred and sixty margin nearly doubles and imagery one pin forty auto recount threshold. So that's very interesting, isn't it? So three weeks, I mean that is a long time.
Speaker 4: It is. Well, that's a whole other issue.
Speaker 9: We should have known the results by now, many days ago, I would say.
Speaker 3: Now we've got more details of the Liberal Party's disastrous election campaign. A senior Liberal source has told The Australian newspaper that internal polling by Freshwater Strategy was extremely inaccurate and gave the campaign flawed information throughout the election. The polling was a huge problem.
Speaker 2: It was way out.
Speaker 3: If we had known the truth, we would have changed course overnight. Well, Adam, if they just watched Sky News. We've been telling them all year and certainly throughout the election campaign that they were absolutely stuffing it up.
Speaker 2: They were going to lose.
Speaker 3: They were going to lose comfortably because this was just the most lackluster nothing campaign and opposition has mounted well in my lifetime.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Look, I mean i'd probably have a slightly different view. I mean, of course, in hindsight, we're all geniuses now.
Speaker 2: But I know it was a hindsight.
Speaker 3: I said it throughout the election campaign.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but now others I thought it would be closer than it was. And I guess I was misled by the polling and everyone's beating up on freshwater, and I get that it's kind of funny, but it was all the polling was kind of wrong. I mean, it wasn't just them, it was all. It was all hugely out. I mean, it was kind of the Polster's twenty sixteen moment, if you're like, in relation to the US, when they all got it completely wrong, except the era didn't go to the right, went to the left.
Speaker 4: So look, let's hope they.
Speaker 9: Improve their polling for next time, especially for the Liberal Party, so that they're not kind of operating blind.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it was an interesting piece by Greg Sheridan over the weekend in The Australian about the country being divided, misgoverned and in retreat. Hero to Australia is a nation in decline across every indicator you can imagine, economy, living standards, social cohesion, crime, health, military capability, the creativity and virtuosity of the arts. We're in a serious decline. Is it really that grim?
Speaker 2: Adam?
Speaker 4: Look, I think it is.
Speaker 9: I share his piece, and in fact I wrote a similar column a few weeks earlier in The Australian.
Speaker 4: Look, I think, I think, I always dimensions.
Speaker 9: But let's just look at the economic You know, we did have the biggest fall of living standards in the OECD over the last three years, which is extremely embarrassing, and it's hard to see how that's going to stop. We've got the resource boom ending soon that the Chinese economy is going to start to shrink, and yet no one is talking about this. I mean, how are we going to pay our way in the world. We've been relying on order to do it for the last ten or so years. That's going to slowly dry up. And yet we keep regulating our economy, increasing taxes. There's no debate really about our taxation system or our economic future. And you know what we've imported I think one point three million migrants in three years, the fastest population growth in the developed world by far.
Speaker 2: Not sufficient housing for them.
Speaker 9: That's right, absolutely not. And then there's a social cohesion issue. I mean that's starting to phrase surely. I mean we talked about some issues earlier on the program that possibly relate to that. So look, I just think it's almost like the political class is actually trying to destroy to destroy.
Speaker 4: Australia on purpose. That's how I has a mystic. I am about it.
Speaker 2: Before you go. I know you love the city of Melbourne. You're a new residence, a new resident, but this news isn't going to make you happy.
Speaker 3: More than eight hundred thousand dollars of the COVID Relief Fund was redirected by the City of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: This money was.
Speaker 3: Supposed to help revitalize the CBD, but instead it's gone to creating forty kilometer zones in East Melbourne and North Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Adam, it's funny. I mean I saw this story and I was shocked.
Speaker 9: But one of my pet peeves about the city since moving here from Sydney is the slow speed limits, especially going from the airport to the CBD, where you've got this beautiful highway and you can't go any faster than eighty ks an hour. I mean, it doesn't make any sense. And so this is forty k speed limit I mean you'll almost be better off walking, which is the idea. That's what they want to do. What it can't bikes, That's right, they want everyone on bikes. So I think that's just so embarrassing. I mean, if you want to be a world city, you can't have forty k speed limits.
Speaker 4: It's just a joke.
Speaker 2: Adam crist And thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 4: Thanks render.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is steam geologist and author Professor Ian Primer. Let's start with the shocking revelations that the City of Melbourne spent around nine hundred thousand dollars on fifty four memberships to environmental and social justice organizations in just one year. These include the Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance, Diversity Council Australia, the Hume City Council's Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action, and the City of Sydney is a City Switch Climate program, many many others. In their end, is this a good use of taxpayers money?
Speaker 2: Ratepayers money?
Speaker 12: Or when you walk around the streets of Melbourne, they're filthy, there's rubbish everywhere, there are potholes. I would have thought that their priority which to look after the City of Melbourne rather than following their ideology. I'm surprised that on that list there isn't a member ship to the Australian Communist Party because that's exactly what they're doing. What an appalling waste of money always happened every time Labor has got the purse strings. They will spend money on their little pet hobbies and not be concerned about the people who actually pay them.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems like they're using rate payers money to prop up other city council's climate obsessions as well. There's money here going to the Human City Council, Sydney City Council.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It does not pass the pup test in my eyes. But let's go to Queensland and the Chris of Foley government has dumped a billion dollar.
Speaker 2: Wind farm project.
Speaker 3: The Moonlight Range wind farm project is a go on. It was said to be located forty kilometers northwest of Rockhampton.
Speaker 2: And this decision comes in after five hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty submissions were received during the forty day public consultation process. The overwhelming majority wanted a review despite the fact that Labor had to approved this project.
Speaker 12: Yes, well, this is people power at its best. These wind industrial complexes. They're not farms actually destroyed large amounts of the bush. They destroy wildlife. And it is not the work of an environmentalist to flatten forests to put in inefficient, unreliable energy environments. Shouldn't be killing off koala habitats. And that's exactly what happened. And people power finally has won. Now there were a dozen of these projects going on around in Australia, Perfectly good farmland being destroyed by solar panels, perfectly good farmland being criss crossed by whole high voltage power lines and people can't use heavy equipment underneath it. So it's about time that the people will listen to absolutely.
Speaker 3: If you fly across Australia, you will see dozens of these projects all across the countryside. Now the Country Liberal Party in the NT has scrapped the previous Labor government's renewable energy targets. The Labor government had pledged to fifty percent of the Northern Territory is grid supplied by renewables by twenty thirty, but eight years in there's only twenty percent coming from renewables, and it seems like achieving that fifty percent would cripple their economy would cost another five billion in these targets, and not only unattainable, I would argue they're entirely undesirable. Why were they ever committed to it's just so economically reckless.
Speaker 12: Well, we're seeing around the world now people are saying we cannot achieve net zero. There was recently report done in Finland showing that the closest thing to impossible is actually net zero. You cannot achieve it. And then the next step down is to cushcross the country with high voltage power lines over very large distances, which you've got in the Northern Territory. Now, just because you've got a lot of sun doesn't mean you've got cheap electricity. What you've got is the ability to generate electricity for a few hours day, and then what do you do?
Speaker 4: How do you keep the system running?
Speaker 12: So I think people are finally waking up to the common sense and finally waking up to the absolutely extraordinary costs of running sol and wind in rural Australia and areas without much population.
Speaker 3: The IPA has been doing research on this issue for some time now, and their latert starter shows that most Australians want the government to prioritize affordability over achieving net zero emissions.
Speaker 2: Fifty six percent want.
Speaker 3: Affordability to be the top priority, whilst twenty one percent favor reaching net zero over lower prices.
Speaker 2: And you can see that figure is actually increased.
Speaker 3: Back in twenty twenty two, it was forty one percent who wanted affordability prioritized. Now it's well over fifty percent. And I guess that's the function of path prices going up. People are waking up to the reality that more renewables doesn't mean cheaper prices.
Speaker 12: Well, we keep getting told that renewables are the cheapest form of energy. That is a lie. People have only got to look at the electricity bill to see that renewables are crippling this country. And the more and more renewables we put into the system, the more expensive it gets. Now that state Victoria once had the cheapest power in the world, and we have six thousand years of brown coal in Victoria for generating electricity.
Speaker 4: We're ignoring that.
Speaker 12: And what happened is Victoria now is the most expensive power in the world, and right across the world people have realized this was a fundamental ideological error to rely on wind and to rely on solar to actually keep an industrial society going.
Speaker 3: And in you're right around the world they are abandoning this madness. Even New Zealand has abandoned its pursuit of net zero. The edgisinn era policy is gone. They're now investing one hundred and eighty five million in offshore gas projects in their latest budget because guess what gas works well.
Speaker 12: New Zealand's got the Taranaki Basin, which has been a gas and oil producer for quite a long period of time. New Zealand has some of the best quality coals in the world on the west coast of the South Island and that sequence of rocks extends offshore and associated with that coal is gas. So New Zealand is doing the right thing. There's only a certain amount of geothermal that can get from New Zealand, and that is isolated parts of the North Island and the rest has to come from conventional fossil fuels.
Speaker 3: Now, finally, before you go, I know we haven't talked about Chris Bowen for a few weeks now and you've missed him, but he's copped at almighty thrashing from a priest for eating a bowl of pasta during Catholic Mass. Yes, Chris Bowen arrived late to the religious ceremony before sitting in his assigned seat in the front row and then stuffing.
Speaker 2: His face with a bowl of pasta. During the rest of the Mass.
Speaker 3: The presiding priest, Reverend Anthony Freglance, was aghast, and he finished his service by reminding his congregation Italian not to eat during Mass. He told the Daily Telegraph, mister Bowen needed to have more respect for the sacredness of the place. When you arrive halfway through the service, you should go to your place and be quiet, he said.
Speaker 2: But Ian Chris Bowen claims he had no idea. It was a mass. It was a mass service. So yeah, that's that's Chris.
Speaker 3: For he really has no idea what's happening.
Speaker 12: He has no respect for people's hip pockets. Why should he have respect in a church?
Speaker 4: I do like it.
Speaker 2: This is the most the funniest story of the day. You've got to say, look at him, he's he is.
Speaker 3: A hungry, hungry man. For see and blymer, Thank you so much for your time today. Thank you still to come left his plus, the WNBA holds a moment of silence.
Speaker 2: For George Floyd, for Indangelis, for it cost.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Riata Penny Show and it's time for lefties losing it. And you know, when I think about the wonders of the natural world, I made it. They think of puberty blockers, bottom surgery and other irreversible trans treatments, don't you. Let's check what is happening at Yosemite National Park.
Speaker 5: We carry the largest trans parade flag to ever be flown in a national park and unfurled it on the side of our cap to prove a point that trans is natural. Trump administration and transphobes would love to have you believe that being trans is unnatural. But species that can transition sexes can be found on every continent and in every ocean one planet Earth. They try to erase us from government websites and education systems and libraries. So we raised this flag higher than ever before.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks for ruining the photos of people who travel to Yosemite for a once in a lifetime experience. That unauthorized A little stunt was shut down by park authorities, and the flag has been thankfully removed. Okay, from that absurdity to another. Here is a disabled trans Muslim pro Palestinian woman activist identifies as a woman. This should be a comedy sketch, but apparently it is all too real, and this gentleman is very serious.
Speaker 13: I've found before you all as a proud fis community trans Muslim woman.
Speaker 14: I'm disabled and.
Speaker 4: This state hates that.
Speaker 15: This state has burned trans.
Speaker 14: And disabled people to create a smoke screen to cover the further bodies that they are burning around the world.
Speaker 3: The delusion is beyond measure. You know where there are no trans Muslim men in.
Speaker 2: Dress protesting in the streets in any Muslim majority country.
Speaker 15: And I'm sick of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of it, Cardiff.
Speaker 13: Today I stand on March for the liberation of my people in the trans community, for people in the disabled community, the people in the needy community.
Speaker 4: Do not a love of a listing in people?
Speaker 10: Do all these people and the intersections.
Speaker 4: That they don't present me?
Speaker 14: Where I stand at the close roads of so many places?
Speaker 1: A submarine?
Speaker 6: So long?
Speaker 2: What's that line?
Speaker 3: Like turkeys cheering for Christmas? Now Here is a triggered Karen claiming that she is not a Karen.
Speaker 15: I'm sick and tired of Trump supporters calling me a Karen. You have no idea what that means. A Karen is privileged, entitled, Michaelold, aggressive racism, anti vacs.
Speaker 12: Who does that sound like.
Speaker 15: The Trump administration? Trump followers, you're the karens.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, Karen, whatever you say. Now to a former Karen.
Speaker 2: Who has seen the lot.
Speaker 3: After a lifetime of voting Democrats, she found herself living among gang bangers in the country illegally.
Speaker 2: That will wipe anybody up.
Speaker 4: So you were a Democrat.
Speaker 9: It was my whole life.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 11: I first voted for Bill Clinton and voted Democrat every single year until yeah, November.
Speaker 10: If that it was not for Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: We might still be living next to gang members because everything changed after he was elected.
Speaker 4: So you feel a lot safer now that he's in the White House again.
Speaker 11: I do, because he's taking it seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The Democrats simply ignored it. They said it was lie. They won't talk to people who have been victimized by this.
Speaker 3: Now, this next clip must be music to her ears. Here is the official account of Homeland Security.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: This is the official account posting a video of Donald Trump saying bye bye to criminal illegal immigrants who have been deported.
Speaker 14: Bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye okay bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bing thing bye bye bye bye bye bye wave goodbye.
Speaker 2: Now here is.
Speaker 3: The brilliant Meghan Kelly holding Jake Tapper to account for his culpability, his complicity, and the great cover up on Joe Biden's cognitive decline that is now pretending to expose in his new book.
Speaker 2: This is beautiful stuff folks enjoy.
Speaker 7: Over here in my ecosphere. We were covering all of these. It wasn't just falling down, it was getting lost. It was some of the stuff you report in your book. We knew and we were reporting on, like the multi jump cuts in the videos of him, or it was obvious he couldn't get through a one minute take. It was clear to us that he was using teleprompter, and there was some reporting on that at the time, all of which the White House was denying. Now, the current White House, I have some connections with the Joe Biden White House. I had none, but you did. There was an attempted cover up. It could only ever work if you allowed it, if the.
Speaker 10: Press allowed it.
Speaker 7: Some of us tried not to, and some of us were complicit.
Speaker 2: And she was not going to let up.
Speaker 3: When Jake Tappa again tried to rewrite history by claimbing that he covered the Wall Street Journal's expose on Biden, indeed he did the opposite. He did everything he could to discredit the story and make was there to remind you.
Speaker 16: That's the point is that they were not being honest.
Speaker 10: That's how The Street jour will get it.
Speaker 7: In June of twenty twenty four, and Jake Tapper and CNN couldn't find sources for this story. Then before he dropped.
Speaker 16: Out, Annie Lynsky and Shavon Hughes did an amazing job in their reporting and they should be heralded.
Speaker 1: And I heralded them.
Speaker 16: I had them on my show right after the debate to talk about the great reporting.
Speaker 10: But anyone to the debate.
Speaker 7: But you did not put them on when they published that story, which was before the debate.
Speaker 16: Correct. I don't know what the booking situation was, but it wasn't because I didn't want them. I'm sure I will be the day Let's book. I'm sure I said that day Let's book.
Speaker 4: That did they?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you put on a Democrat and you allowed the Democrat to rip on the report as a Rupert Murdoch sponsored hit piece.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's just that we're going to do.
Speaker 16: If we're going to do this, let's just stick to the facts here, Okay, when there is a damnating report.
Speaker 10: That's what I've been doing all along. I'm wondering about what you just said.
Speaker 7: Didn't dismiss the biggest story of the century when it comes to presidential politics, and one of us did.
Speaker 2: Oh that was beautiful, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: And now you've got Jake Tappa out there, the Russian collusion hoax spreader, the Biden cognitive decline cover up participant. Now he wants the media to be aggressive about Donald Trump's health.
Speaker 8: Records, worry less about politeness when it comes to these health issues, and needs to be even more aggressive when it comes to demanding transparency on health issues when it comes to the president. President Trump, while he appears healthy, he has not been transparent about his health records. And I think that that's something that the American people have a rate.
Speaker 3: To the audacity is breathtaking now to the WNBA. And here is the woman that the Biden administration swapped for the merchant of death after she got her self arrested on drug charges in Russia. Here is Britney Grin now on the bench seemingly mouthing trash and saying, effing white girl. Could it been about Caitlin Clarkeye wonder? And here she is in a postmatch interview just being a delight BG.
Speaker 13: Right now you have ten points by rebounds. We see that Atlanta dream as being veried. Right now, she's talking to the reps about holding. We're going to send it back to you guys.
Speaker 3: And to make the league even less appealing, the Minnesota Lynks decided to hold in front of a mostly empty stadium, a moment of silence for George Floyd. You remember him, the fella who died with a fatal level of ventanyl in his system and who had a long record of criminality and violence, including against women.
Speaker 2: Yes, the w NBA thought this was a good idea.
Speaker 17: Thank you guys for taking a minute to fire the light George Boyle. George is a father, a brother, and.
Speaker 5: Like every lie that.
Speaker 17: Club meaning his death exposes the folls that are sellular justice and criminal institutions today and his five year anniversary reminds us that provides continue the final against criminal, racial, and social injustices.
Speaker 2: We cannot stay silent.
Speaker 1: Every life deserves respect, indignity. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, every life should be respected, including the life of Floyd's female victims. That includes the victim of an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon in which George Floyd and five others forced their way into a woman's apartment and where Floyd pushed a pistol against the abdomen of the female victim, threatening her life. That's the character WNBA want to elevate to hero status, deserving of a tribute on the fifth anniversary of his death. Joining me now is American Culture Project Senior fellow and school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis. Corey is the WNBA determined to fail? Why doesn't want to repel so much of its potential audience with this sort of activism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the WNBA is burning itself into the ground with these kind of publicity stunts. They should focus on sports, but they're not so good at that, so I guess they're focusing on all of this political ideology and getting it onto the court. But look, you can't make this stuff up. They've operated at a loss each year since its inception about thirty years ago, and last year they operated at about a fifty million dollar loss, about five times the average loss each year in the WNBA. So I mean, you just can't make this stuff up. And look, the stadium is empty. You can see it on the screen. Basically based on their track record of not having an audience. They have a moment of silence basically every game. So this is not so new, since's no one's there anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, there's involuntary moments of silence. And yet you've got again the activism within the league from the players pushing to have pay parity with male stars. But as you've just explained, this is a league that doesn't make money. So how can they possibly hope to boost the salaries of their stars and have them to sort have them have the sort of resources that the NBA players have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's exactly right. You can't call for equal pay when you don't have equal profitability. And the NBA is just more interesting to watch, and this league they don't know what they're doing. And they're taking these political stunts to the court. They deserve everything that's coming to them. They should they should shudder already, they should have shut down a long time ago, with operating it in three decades, having no profitability, having millions of dollars and losses every single year. And so this is just another reason why that we should not watch THEWNBA.
Speaker 3: Corey, Let's talk about Harvard. Now, they're in a world of paying. The Trump administration is not letting up on holding the college responsible for its discriminatory practice, for its tolerance of anti Semitism on its campus.
Speaker 2: Tell me what the latest is here.
Speaker 3: The federal funding cuts are going through and there are attempts to ban international students from enrolling at Harvard.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, Harvard played stupid games. Now they're winning stupid prizes. They're losing tons of money. Trump's already blocked billions and billions of dollars from going to that university, which raises the question, why would this elite institution that already has a fifty three billion dollar endowment that are sitting on. They charge students about sixty thousand dollars per year in tuition. They they're flushed with cash. They have so much money, why do they need a scent of taxpayer money to begin with? So a lot of people didn't even realize that they were getting so much taxpayer funding before this whole debacle kind of unfolded. So a lot of people are seeing that this was regressive to begin with, a lot of people who will never go to college, who are paying for the college activities of well off, well to do people in the ivy leagues. It is just preposterous to begin with. But Trump, I'm glad he's leaning the way on this issue. These universities that are just the ideological breeding grounds for left wing indoctrination, they shouldn't get a scent of taxpayer money.
Speaker 3: Well, you talked about being ideological breeding grounds for left wing indoctrination, and the data bear is that out. Have a look at this graph showing that Harvard is an echo chamber. It's got less than three percent of its faculty identifying as conservative, and seventy eight percent there are left or very left. Around twenty percent say they are moderate, though, Corey, I would imagine at Harvard calling yourself a moderate means you're a socialist instead of a communist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the moderates are just Marxists who don't want to admit it. At Harvard, so yeah, it's a one side institution. Less than three percent identify as conservatives, and that's their own student newspaper reporting this about their own faculty. So this is a big deal and it shows that there are more of a political organization than a educational organization. And if you look at where the money goes, I mean you look at Open Secrets, ninety five percent of political contributions from people affiliated with Harvard University go to Democrats each year. It's insane how one sided this is. And they again, we should go further than pulling billions of dollars in taxpayer money. We should revoke their tax exempt status because of their political nature.
Speaker 3: Now, Donald Trump's big beautiful bill, that's what it's called, has passed the House and your passion project Corey. School choice was one of the policy areas covered in the Babay Bay tell me about that.
Speaker 1: As this huge look. Trump won the parent vote by nine points after campaigning on nationwide school choice and abolishing the Department of Education. This is popular with the American public, and red states right now are already passing school choice policies, including my home state of Texas becoming the sixteenth state to go all in on school choice. This package in the Big Beautiful Bill, also includes a federal tax credit which would supercharge that school choice momentum already happening in the Republican controlled states. But it would also expand educational opportunities to families in blue states like California and New York. So this is a big win. It's five billion dollars, it's a start, and hopefully once families get a taste of school choice in those blue states will demand their state legislatures go all into.
Speaker 3: Now you mentioned the clear mandate that Trump has. He campaigned on a platform of dramatic change, and part of that was abolishing the Department of Education. But a federal judge has now blocked the Trump administration from carrying out the President's executive order to dismantle the Department of Education.
Speaker 2: What else can you tell me about this? Does that mean that policy is over?
Speaker 1: This is the clearest example of judicial activism that I've ever seen. This guy was appointed by Democrat Joe Biden. He has a history of donating to the Democrat Party. He's in lockstep with the teachers union doing their bidding. Randy Weingarten, the head of the AFT, the largest teacher re union in the country in the United States, she celebrated the decision. She was the main plaintiff in the decision as well. And so this is just protection of special interest teachers unions more than anything else. But the fight isn't over yet. This same judge, his last ruling that was a pro dei racist ruling got overturned at our US Supreme Court. I expect this one will also get overturned as well. So Trump is still in the fight here. This short term loss with judicial activism is not going to make us lose.
Speaker 3: The war, now, Corey, that does seem to be some sort of a judicial insurrection happening at the moment in the US. It seems every single policy is being frustrated through the courts with these small time judges, activist judges frustrating the Trump administration and not allowing it to press ahead with its mandate. It may ultimately get overturned and become policy, but in the meantime they're not doing what they were elected to do.
Speaker 1: That's right. They are more political pawns than judges. They're supposed to be unbiased, they're supposed to follow the rule of law, but they don't a lot of the times. They're less accountable than the politicians and the legislature because you can't vote them out. So this guy got appointed by Joe Biden, and he's going to do whatever Joe Biden wants him to do. And so this puts people in limbo. It puts the American people in limbo, and that's going to hurt the Democrats in the next election because of all this back and forth. But at the end of the day, the Conservatives control of the Supreme Court most of the time here in the United States, so I think will ultimately win the war, even if we lose the battle in the short term. So the Democrats are pulling out all the stops. They lose in the legislature, so they fight it through the courts to try to stop the will of the people, but they're going to lose at the end of the day, and so I'm.
Speaker 4: Okay with that.
Speaker 3: Well, parents had a win in California District Court there has ruled that parents have the right to opt out of gender identity ideology being presented to their kids. Most Californian public schools prohibit parents from opting their children out of these lessons. This is a positive move forward, particularly in a state like California, which is the forefront of so much of this madness story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a huge win. This judge ruled based on the First Amendment to free speech that the school was violating the First Amendment rights of parents by keeping them in the dark, by not allowing them to opt out, and by essentially using compelled government speech making kids learn this about this gender ideology curriculum. Families now will be able to have that information up front, and they will also be able to opt out if they're not happy with the values that are being instilled with their children. So for this to happen in California, I'm very optimistic this is going to spread to other states too. And this is how it always should have been. But we should take it a step further. You should obviously be able to opt out of your kids school if it's not alignment with your values, but you should also be able to take that money with you you to another school that is aligned with your values. This is a great argument for school choice to have the money follow the child to a school that best meets your needs.
Speaker 3: Corideangelus, thanks so much for your time.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you so much for having me still to come.
Speaker 3: Why Disney executives want the ladies have the need to tone down their anti Trump hysteria.
Speaker 2: Kinsey Schofield joins.
Speaker 3: Welcome back joining me now, celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, Let's start with David and Victoria Beckham. They're reportedly upset with their eldest son Brooklyn because he and wife Nikola have befriended their former pals, Prince Harry and Meghan mark All.
Speaker 2: Kinseywier. Why would that be a problem.
Speaker 18: I think it's a problem because Harry and Meghan not only have become such a toxic brand, and they realize they're so savvy when it comes to Hollywood and when it comes to Q scores, that they realized that any association with Harry and Meghan lowers their value Brooklyn and Nicholas, but also I just think that they are truly so close to the British royal family. Today, David was named ambassador for the King's Foundation and their bond was on full display at the twenty twenty five Chelsea Flower Show, where David and the King were joking about a birthday gift the King had sent David Beckham. Remember this is a man that waited in line to pay his respects to Queen Elizabeth for eleven hours, David Beckham and I think that he just wants to ensure that the British royal family feels respected.
Speaker 3: And I think there may also be fears that through their son, unwittingly, information can get to Harry and Meghan that will end up in a Netflix documentary or the next book or podcast, and it's the last thing that want to be doing to the Royals now. Harry and Meghan have also been accused of hypocrisy after they restructured their staff, creating what has been labeled the Montecito Royal Court.
Speaker 2: What does that meg Kin see what's happening?
Speaker 18: So it's just this new structure for their employees. But Rita, I wish you had a picture of all of their new employees because can I just tell you it looks like a ditty white party. I've never seen such a sea of white people. And if I were, you know, if I were a troublemaker, I might accuse Harry and Meghan of unconscious bias in the employment department, looking at all the new faces that are coming on to work for Harry and Meghan independently and together for their entertainment ventures. And if history repeats itself as much as Harry wines that it does, both Harry and Meghan will continue to reject any and all sound advice and.
Speaker 10: Will potentially treat their staff poorly. So good luck.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on to the reports that the Disney CEO and as well as the ABC News boss have.
Speaker 2: Told the hosts of the View to dial.
Speaker 3: Down the anti Trump commentary on their program. Kinsey calling it anti Trump commentary barely covers it. It's unhinged hate and hyperbole day in and day out.
Speaker 18: And I'm sure it won't surprise you to know that there has been some pushback from the host Now, Trump, continuing his battle with the media, is in mediation right now with Paramount Global over a twenty billion dollar lawsuit regarding CBS News a sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris. He also recently secured fifteen million from ABC and an apology over false claims by anchor George Stephanopolis. I know he sued Meta before he sued X. He will chew you up and spit you out if you clash with him. ABC has learned the hard way, and they're trying to avoid this going any further than it already has.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, they wanted to use law fair to roy him. They shouldn't be surprised if some of it comes back and they're going to be held to account with some of the defamation rules in the country. Now, Justin Baldoni talking about defamation, his legal team has retracted their Tayler Swift subpoena in the legal fight with Blake Lively Kinsey.
Speaker 2: Why would they do that?
Speaker 3: Why would Baldoni's legal team let Taylor Swift off the hook?
Speaker 18: I'll tell you I because Taylor Swift's father, Scott Swift, willingly provided the information that they were looking for as part of a deal to prevent his daughter from any further involvement with the Blake versus Justin drama.
Speaker 10: So they had to agree to withdraw their subpoena.
Speaker 18: And it's Taylor's father that stepped in and gave them the requested information. Now, he also provided Justin Baldoni's team with the bombshell claim that Blake Lively threatened to leak his daughter's text messages if Taylor did not publicly support her. This gives us exactly the perfect idea of how vicious this truly has become behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely vicious.
Speaker 3: And if that's accurate, If her father has done that, then that friendship isn't just a little bit under strained, it's well and truly done and dusted. If Taylor Swift is being threatened with having years of her private text messages release, that's pretty down and dirty.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and Scott has defended her so much her father, Taylor Swift's father is a savvy man. He financed her entire career coming up. He has a lot to lose if Taylor's reputation takes a hit because of Blake. That's years and money down the drain that he's sacrificed. So he is going to stand up and try to protect his daughter.
Speaker 3: I do wonder though, whether some damaging text messages over the years may be leak. Doubt if the Blake Lively side wants to retaliate. I mean, this is just this battle was over nothing. They started a fight over something that they should have just allowed to die down. It would have been the story would have been done in a week or two of Blake Lively being rather unpleasant, unpleasant instead.
Speaker 2: Of being America's golden girl.
Speaker 3: And now it's this massive legal fight that is going to absolutely drain their resources and completely damage their reputations.
Speaker 2: Talking about damaged reputations.
Speaker 3: Controversial model, when influencer Chrisy Teagan has reportedly undergone a hairline procedure having her hairline surgically lower, it surely not why would she do this?
Speaker 18: Here's I have very limited commentary on this. I see Christy Tigan America's favorite Saberably, she doesn't need a new hairline.
Speaker 10: She needs an exorcism.
Speaker 18: I feel like she had the wrong procedure done. She needs an exorcism.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is it's actually fairly major surgery.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked she would do that.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I mean just I don't know where a little hair extension piece much easier, uh, Milania Trump. She's used AI in a very clever fashion. It's voicing her audio built book. She's used AI to narrate the audio book, but in her own voice.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this, Kinsey. I don't know if this was possible.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's like seven hours. And this is forward thinking. You know that moves.
Speaker 18: I think it moves the first lady in at the forefront of publishing innovation. And the reason why I'm so excited about this is because this she at the same time she is fighting a revenge porn, she's fighting people using AI to create inappropriate content.
Speaker 10: So you under it. You see that she appreciates what it's capable of doing.
Speaker 18: But she's also trying to jump ahead of any problems and stop them before they happen.
Speaker 2: And just before you go.
Speaker 3: There's speculation as to who the new James Bond is going to be. Actor Henry Golding has said that James Bond should remain a white British male to.
Speaker 2: Be faithful to the source material.
Speaker 3: However, he said that if he was asked to be Daniel Craig's successor, he would be an idiot to turn it down.
Speaker 4: What do we have?
Speaker 2: You got a tip for me? Who's going to be the next James Bond?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 18: I don't know who's going to I have no clue. But Henry Golding, what a great answer. I love that he didn't to go woke, so he's getting all my money.
Speaker 3: He won't go broke, No, absolutely, you know what, I'd be happy to see it be him if he's If that's the argument at KINSI Schofield, thank you.
Speaker 2: So much for your time tonight, and that's all the time we've got.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow and I don't go anywhere Near's night is up neck
Speaker 6: Si