Speaker 1: This is the US Reward.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caroline Marcus filling in for James Morrow this week. Well, I may not have the cute New York accent, but don't worry. I'll still bring you all the latest stories out of the US you won't want to miss coming up tonight. Lefty's forced to eat their words as old clips resurfers hailing Joe Biden as a hero for not partnering his son Class Trump takes the lead on Israel, warning they'll be all hell to pay if hostages aren't released by the time he.
Speaker 3: Takes offers book first.
Speaker 2: There's been more drama over Donald Trump's cabinet picks, with his nominee to run the Pentagon Army veteran Peter Hegseth the latest in the firing line.
Speaker 3: Excuse the pun.
Speaker 2: Hegseth is a former Army National Guard who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. After retiring, he worked at two veterans related nonprofits before becoming a Fox News host. He's a father of seven. This week, he's come under immense pressure over everything from a historical rape accusation to claims of financial mismanagement at charities, to accusations of alcohol abuse and turning up to his TV gig reeking of booze.
Speaker 3: He denies all.
Speaker 2: Of it, and it's all come from unnamed sources, published and media outlets notoriously hostile to the right. So heg Seth has come out swinging in an exclusive interview with former Fox colleague and Paul Murray Live regular Megan Kelly, and he claims he still has the confidence of Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: I spoke to the President this morning. He said, I'm his guy, and I won't I'm not going to give any other information from my conversations with the President. I believe that what he shares with me needs to stay in confidence. But things were addressed and he said, you're my guy.
Speaker 2: Whether that remains the case or continues to remain the case, well, who knows. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is now reportedly being considered for the Defense secretary role as doubts grow over whether Hegseth will be confirmed by the Senate. Trump wasted no time, You'll remember, subbing in pab a Pam Bondi as his peak for attorney general. Following Matt Gates's withdrawal after concerns over FBI investigations into alleged criminal activity, including sexual activity with a seventeen.
Speaker 3: Year old girl.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't sound like Hegseeth plans to go quietly, writing in an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal, He's not backing down and dumping on the media show trial.
Speaker 4: So what NBC is going to do is make up anonymous sources, none of which are close to me, none of which know me, claiming that I had a drinking problem at Fox or was drunk on here. I tell everybody out there, check the tape, Yeah, check.
Speaker 3: The area tea, hey, Pete.
Speaker 2: If the confirmation doesn't pan out, you could always try your luck here. In Australia, we pay our TV hosts two million a year for drunken performances like this one.
Speaker 5: That's any sign of her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was to say, can't believe how good you look at this woman?
Speaker 7: How good does Lisa Wilkinson look?
Speaker 3: Zero sleep?
Speaker 2: I applaud you and I salute.
Speaker 3: You classic here.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Trump has announced he'ler point a new special envoy for hostage affairs. Adam Bohler was a lead negotiator on the team that broke the Abraham Accords, the deals that saw a handful of Arab countries normalized relations with Israel during Trump's last presidency. Now this appointment, along with Trump's online comments earlier this week promising they'll be all hell to pay if her else doesn't release the remaining hostages before he takes office, Gosh, it's refreshing. The week leadership on Israel has only enabled and incentiviied incentivize terrorists, and they're sympathizers around the world, not least here in Australia. The hundred hostages still being held in Gaza deserve nothing less than a strong president who will finally truly.
Speaker 3: Fight for them.
Speaker 2: Too much of the world has shamefully forgotten all about them. But trust they'll always be some crazy lefty MSNBC who feels sorry for the poor little terrorists in this situation because they're the ones being bullied by Trump.
Speaker 8: To our local gangster, Donald Trump, he's not even president yet and he's already spending his time sitting in his golden palace mar A Lago, muscling other countries like he's Tony soprano with a social media say.
Speaker 2: If only we could write off those comments as drunken on a rambling sadly they're sober, just characteristically delusional. Well, joining us now is former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor at Bondi Partners, Mick Mulvaaney, Mick, thanks for your time. Let's go back to the Pete Hegseth story. So, according to a piece in The Wall Street Journal earlier this week, Trump is considering DeSantis as a replacement. Now, controversy around heg Seth includes allegations of sexual assaults and aggressive drunkenness. Do you think he can survive this?
Speaker 9: I do, unless additional information comes out. Keep in mind, yes, the Wall Street Journal did report about a story that put Ron DeSantis as a possible replacement if heg Seth is not able to get confirmed. But I've also seen several stories here Caroline of other names, as well as a couple of other Senators, a couple of other former Trump administration members. So it's very speculative at this point in time. If nothing else changes, I think Pete Heggseth probably can get confirmed if anything additional comes out. Well, with every additional piece of information that comes out about his alleged drinking alleged social life and so forth. It makes it simply more difficult for him to get confirmed MC.
Speaker 3: When does the Senate confirm the nominees.
Speaker 9: They can start now if they want to, so keep in mind now the Senate is controlled by Democrats. After January, I think it's third or fourth. I lose track of the day because it's different for the Senate than it is for the president. The new Senate will take over. That will be the majority Republican Senate, and that obviously would make it easier for Pete hegseeth to get confirmed. He could get confirmed now if they really wanted to, but they won't. Traditionally, some of the bigger names, including the Secretary of Defense, are confirmed there on January third, fourth, fifth, in the early days of the next Congress, before the president has sworn in.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll keep an eye on that one for now. He is certainly fighting to hang on now. I mentioned at the start of the show, proposed it on his site truth Social this week, wanning they'll be hell to pay if remaining Israeli hostages and some American ones aren't released before his first day back in the White House next month. Tough words, do you think they'll have any effect.
Speaker 9: I do because I think people believe them. I think Trump has cultivated this sort of reputation for being unpredictable. He's used it to his advantage in foreign affairs, and I think when he comes out and says, look, there be hell to pay, people actually pay attention. It doesn't surprise me, for example, that Iran has sent sort of olive branches out through the ether in the last couple of days saying they're willing to discuss what's going on in the Middle East. Separately, in Ukraine, it doesn't just surprise me that Zelenski is now talking about possibly giving up some land in eastern Ukraine or to end the hostilities there. People take Trump seriously when he says he's going to do things, and I do believe that he wants to resolve the hostage situation in Gaza. Look, you can't solve the entire situation in Gaza between now and the inauguration, but there's a very distinct possibility that the hostages couldn't come back. And don't lose track of this, Caroline, Trump is just he knows from his younger days. We all remember I was a child in nineteen seventy nine with the American hostages under Jimmy Carter. They were taken under Jimmy Carter by the Iranian radicals in Tehran. They came home on inauguration Day at nineteen eighty one. And Trump has that in the back of the head, back of his head, and he'd love to see the same thing with the hostages in Gaza.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure many of us would as well.
Speaker 2: Let's hope for their sake that that's what happens here. And wouldn't that be a great win for Trump? On his first day in office, well, look, Trump posted an amusing AI image of himself with the Canadian flag presiding over a rocky mountain range in Canada. This was just days after Trudeau met with Trump at Mara Lago, where Fox News Senior White House correspondent Peter Doocey detailed this funny exchange.
Speaker 6: And tonight we're getting some new details about that Trump Trudeau dinner from two people who were at the table. We are told that when Trudeau told President like Trump that new tariffs would kill the Canadian economy, Trump joked to him that if Canada can't survive without ripping off the US to the tune of one hundred billion dollars a year, then maybe Canada should become the fifty first state and Trudeau could become its governor.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of speculation over what that image Trump posted really means.
Speaker 3: What's your take?
Speaker 9: This is a negotiation. Look, I heard the same story. It made me smile. I've heard those exact sort of words come out of his mouth so many times. He's sort of jesting, he's sort of not believe me, he doesn't want Canada as the fifty first state, but he's making a point, which is, Look, if you really are telling me, as Justin Trudeau, if you're really telling me that your nation's existence depends upon you taking advantage of US to the tunes of one hundred billion dollars a year in a trade and balance, then you shouldn't be a country. Now, that's a harsh message to deliver, and it's delivered in sort of a joking fashion. But that's Donald Trump being Donald Trump, and I'm certain that it got Justin Trudeau's attention. Trump is deadly serious about fixing the trade and balances between US and Canada, US and Mexico, fixing the immigration difficulty they would have along our northern border, which doesn't get nearly as much attention as the southern border. But yeah, that's just Trump using a little bit of humor with a little nod and a wink to sort of get people's attention. And I'm certain that it got the Prime minister's attention up in Ottawa.
Speaker 2: Well certainly got our attention here in Australia too. Kamala Harris has become the first presidential candidate since nineteen thirty two to fail to flip a single county in the general election. Nick the Democrats must be driving themselves crazy dissecting how the campaign went so wrong.
Speaker 9: They are. Listen, part of me drives a little bit of pleasure from it. It's always nice to see the other side, you know, killing themselves over this. My party went through the same thing in two thousand and eight, to a lesser extent again in twenty eighteen. Every time you lose a big election, you lose an election you didn't expect to lose. They thought they might lose the White House. They didn't expect to lose like this. They thought they would win control of the House of Representatives. They did not so across the board. It's a major disappointment for the Democrat Party here in the United States of America in sort of the days after the November election. I don't think Caroline, that they yet figured out that it's their message that's the problem. What I'm hearing from my Democrat friends, and I do have them, is our message was wrong. We just can't convince people that what we're doing is right. They really believe that their policies are correct when I think it's their policies that people are rejecting. We'll figure it out. Look, the Democrats went through this after Ronald Reagan and again George Bush in the first years, first term, and they came up with Bill Clinton. You know, we went through this with Barack Obama. We came up with Donald Trump. You'd never know who the Democrats will find. They might not find anybody, but it remains to be seen. Right now. They are struggling like all parties do when they lose badly.
Speaker 2: Yes, probably not the best losers look just quickly. Trump will travel to Paris this weekend after accepting Emmanuel mccron's invite to attend the reopening of the newly restored Notre Dame Cathedral five years after a destructive fire. Nick, what's the significance of this troop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is not getting nearly enough coverage, or it's getting cover from the wrong angle, so very quickly. I was on Air Force one with President Trump and I believe twenty nineteen win that cathedral burned, and we watched it together on live television on the airplane, and he was visibly moved by the history that was gone, by the culture that was being destroyed. I'm not going to say he was moved to tears, because that's not who he is, and I didn't see him do that, but he was emotionally moved by the experience, and it doesn't surprise me that he's going back. This doesn't have anything, I think, to do with Matt Crone, what was happening in France, anything with Europe. I think he was just touched by the experience and wants to see the reopening of that iconic cathedral. So I'm glad to see him go. I'm glad he gets a chance to go as the president elect of the United States to represent the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full circle moment for him. Thank you for that insight, and thanks for your time, Mick Malvanie, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Carolin Well.
Speaker 2: Joining us now is former Trump White House Press secretary Sewn Spice and Sean always great to see you. This week, Biden pardoned his son Hunter a fortnite before he faced sentencing on two charges. Now, this comes after consistently promising he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you.
Speaker 7: Will you accept the jury's outcome.
Speaker 1: They're verdict no matter what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, And have you ruled out a part for your son?
Speaker 10: Yes, I said, I admired by the jury decision. I will do that and I will not partner him.
Speaker 6: From a presidential perspective, is there any possibility that the president would end up pardoning his son, Well, I just said no, I just answer it, go ahead, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Just to let this sink in a bit more this year, he repeated that vowt on November seven, September five, July twenty sixth June thirteen, June twelve, June eleven, June six sean, Americans surely must have zero faith in the Democrats right now.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, And think about how many of the Democrats additionally went out and praised him for this. This is a man who stands on integrity and the rule of law. I mean, Joe Biden literally tweeted out, no one is above the law. I guess there should have been more to that tweet except my son Hunter.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 11: The thing that's so significant about that pardon isn't just for the two crimes that he's been found guilt. You have a tax charge and a gun charge, which set that aside for just a second. He gave him an eleven year blanket pardon, meaning any crime known or unknown for eleven years that he could have committed is now fully exonerated. But if I can just pick up on the two issues Democrats aside from abortion, the two biggest issues for them are gun background checks here in the US and the rich paying their fair share. They were absolutely silent on Hunter Biden on both of those issues, and you have to ask your question, why, why suddenly does they remain silent. They've always talked about strict background checks, and here's Hunter Biden lying on a form to purchase a firearm, which is he's been now convicted of millions of dollars that he didn't pay taxes. Of all of the Democrats complicit and silent, and then once Joe Biden flipped on this pardon thing again, almost entire silence from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: The hypocrisy is daggering, but pretty typical. Look.
Speaker 2: Trump announced over the weak and that Cash Ptel would be his pick to lead the FBI. Like many of his other picks, Cash's pasted is resurfacing and many are concerned. Do you think he will get confirmed?
Speaker 11: Oh? One hundred percent? Yeah, I mean look, also, Cash got some great timing on this. You were just covering with I think earlier some of the other picks and the troubles that they're having in Cash, I think is somebody who might have divergent views in some people, but he is a commitment to shaking up the FBI and restoring justice and fairness to an institution that needs it right now. And there's widespread support. Remember, Republicans enjoy a fifty three seat majority in the new Senate. They'll be able to get him done. And so far there hasn't been a single Republican senator that has expressed concerned. The Democrats won't vote for him, but the Republicans will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he's lucky if you point out that some other people are taking more heat. Look, Trump becomes the President to the United States in forty five days and counting. What do you make of his progress so far, even before taking office, Because he's already made a few waves he.
Speaker 11: Has and I think you know that's who he is. I've told people before you should never use the word norms or tradition and Donald Trump in the same sentence. He's going to continue, whether it's the tariff talk and trying to get a better deal for America some of the other trade issues that he sees as being unfair. He's going to continue to get things straight, trying to end these wars both in Ukraine and in Gaza before he takes office. But I have a feeling, and mark my word, on January twentieth, at twelve oh one, there is going to be an unprecedented flurry of activity the likes of which not just our country but the world has ever seen. He will have executive action and executive orders lined up to implement change right away. And I just I don't think anyone should sit back and relax on that afternoon, because there's going to be a lot of activity.
Speaker 2: Well, we will be watching very closely all the way from here too. Now Trump is set to sit down for his first network interview since winning the election, and it's with NBC News's Meet the Press this weekend. Sean, did it surprise you that he's doing that with NBC?
Speaker 11: It disappointed me more than it surprised me. I think that Donald Trump can do any interview with any person and crush it. But we should not be rewarding our enemies. Meet the Press is the worst show on American television right now, and that's beating out a lot of bad shows right week after week. They have shown an anti Trump bias in how they cover President Trump and his allies and supporters and policies. We should not be rewarding them. There's a lot of media outlets right now that could provide insight into President Trump, his agenda, his policies, his personnel, and to reward Meet the Press after the despicable coverage is to me something that should be reconsidered. This is the only thing so far that I can take issue with. I know why he's doing it. It's a it's you know, it's a legacy outlet and a legacy show, the longest running television program. But we should not be rewarding bad behavior and I'm disappointed that Meet the Press is getting it. There are so many other outlets that could have done a better job informing the American people and frankly the world about Donald Trump's agenda for the next four years, and I wish it hadn't been Meet the Press.
Speaker 2: What are you expecting odd about interview? Do you think they're going to give him a fair go at all?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no, It's gonna be unbelievably contentious.
Speaker 9: He'll do well, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 11: It's not a question of you know, so this is gonna this is going to be extremely contentious. The host is tries to audition for the far left every time she goes on air, so she's going to come with this very very combative Donald Trump will do very well as he does, but I expect a very combative interview. It's going to get taped tomorrow Friday here in the States, and it won't air till Sunday, so I'm sure we'll see some clips, but I just don't expect much from it at all.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens. Shawn Spice said, thank you so much for your time. Now before we go to a break, Chuck Schumer was re elected to the very serious role of Senate Democratic Leader. What wasn't so serious was this question, and it didn't go down too well.
Speaker 3: With his colleagues.
Speaker 2: Just get in a view, ouch, tough crowd, don't go anywhere. After the break, we'll speak to Adam B. Coleman about some key court cases in deliberations right now and what they may mean for America. Welcome back to the program, Adam Coleman in a tick. But first let's return to a favorite theme on the show, your weekly reminder of the massive bullet dodged in not getting this guy for another four years. Ah Sleepy Joe, Yes, that's him, truly living up to the nickname.
Speaker 3: While on the last.
Speaker 2: Foreign trip of his presidency, what a legacy he leaves. And when not snoozing in Angola, he was being led around like a lost child. Remember this is the guy that the Democrats insisted for months was fine, totally fine, nothing to see here, and just like a small child, the leader of the Free world couldn't stop telling his African hosts how much he just loves trains.
Speaker 10: Mister President, I'm coming back to ride on the train all the way from and to end. I like trains a lot. I must tell you upfront with American press here, I'm probably the most pro reial guy in America. I've ridden over a million, three hundred thousand miles on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: To my work, a million, three hundred thousand miles daily. You say, I mean, we use a metric system here in Australia, but that math still isn't mathing, even some seven thousand miles away from washingt DC in Southern Africa. Though, Biden couldn't escape the scrutiny over his extraordinary pardon of Sun Hunter and the colossal broken promise he'd made voters. But it's no job for many Americans, not least the federal judge who oversaw Hunter Biden's felony tax case, who issued a sharp rebuke of the pardon and the President's claim his son.
Speaker 3: Was unfairly treated.
Speaker 2: In a scathing five page order, US District Judge Mark Scazi accused President Biden of rewriting history and suggested the breadth of the pardon is unconstitutional. Even lefty talk show hosts have to agree. An eleven year pardon raises more than a few questions over what other skeletons exist.
Speaker 12: The pardon sweeping covering offenses that Hunter Biden quote has committed or may have committed or taken part in over the past eleven years.
Speaker 3: Eleven years is very specific.
Speaker 13: And not rounded amount of time, So honor, I'll give you a pardon a few years, five years, ten years.
Speaker 7: It needs to be eleven.
Speaker 2: In saving his son from a sentence of up to seventeen years. Biden sure has peed off a lot of Democrats, but when they annoyed at the injustice of it, the fact so many, including most of the American mainstream media, were involved in a wholesale cover up of Hunter's crimes, only for them to be swept right back under the rug. No, their main worry is Biden's move shreds any semblance that remains of their purported moral high ground.
Speaker 1: Everyone looks stupid, everyone looks like they're full of and Republicans are going to use this to argue that it was politics as usual when Democrats warned about Trump's corruption or threat to the rule of law, or you know, the threats of democracy. And I think that's the piece of I am most frustrated with, which is Joe Biden looking like a typical lying politician.
Speaker 2: Well, if it looks like a duck, it definitely is one in this case. And this lame duck president couldn't waddle or at least very slowly shuffle out of office any sooner. Joining me now is wrong speak publishing founder Adam B. Coleman Adam welcome. The Supreme Court is currently deliberating the legality of state bans on gender transition treatments for minors as it rules on a challenge to Tennessee's state law, a case that sparked crowds of protesters outside the court. What kind of implications could the verdict in this case be could have?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, obviously this case is going to be fell all across the country. There's multiple states that want to ban any sort of medical transition when it comes to minors who consider themselves trans or or maybe their parents want to do it for whatever particular reason. And in using trands as the reasoning, I think this is this is going to be kind of I don't think this is going to be as simple A lot of people think, because it's a more conservative leaning judiciary that it's going to just go in the way of what most Republicans or conservatives want, But I think from a legality standpoint, there may be some some true trying to measure if this is something that is constitutionally sound. They're trying to attack this from an equal access situation. But it also comes down to is transgenderism or being a transgender person another classification, just like a man is or a woman is. And I think this is part of the confusion of the entire thing. In some ways it is seen as binary when they try to argue it. In other ways they try to make it sound fluid, which if it's fluid, then it's not something that is absolutely certain, and it comes back to just being utterly confusing. So I think this is going to be a very interesting outcome when they're when it's all said and done, Well.
Speaker 2: That's another really interesting case playing out over there at this time as well. Daniel Penny's trial, the jury continues to hear and see evidence. Now this is a form of marine who killed a thirty year old homeless man by putting him in a chokehold after he allegedly shouted death threats on the subway. Penny's trial has divided the nation. I think it's fair to say, and he's either been branded a hero or a villain. New York City Mayor Eric Adams has come out in his defense.
Speaker 3: Take a look those passages were afraid.
Speaker 14: I've been on the subway system. I know what it is as a police officer to wrestle of fate with someone. We're on a subway where we're hearing someone talking about hurting people, killing people. You have someone on that subway who was responding.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think the implications of this verdict could be.
Speaker 13: Well, if he's found guilty, without sense to every New Yorker and honestly many of people who live in big cities, is that defending yourself is a problem. And on top of that, being someone who is trying to sacrifice themselves for other people who are scared or in danger, king put you in legal trouble. And I think in a situation like this, where it's not like Daniel Penny was holding on to him and he was by himself, and people who were outraged that he climbed on top of this man and held him down, he was helped and people were thankful. And when you have the mayor of New York City saying yeah, it's dangerous out there. I have no problem with what he did and other people from New York, you know, I'm just outside of New York City. I know plenty of New Yorkers who take the subway, and I know plenty of New Yorkers who stopped taking the subway for a reason. The place is dangerous. They not just dangerous because of criminals, but because of mentally unstable people just like this man, you know. And I'm empathetic to his death. I don't think anybody deserves to die by also don't think that anybody, anyone should be set on the streets and just allowed to fester in their own downfall, just like this man was. But I also don't think that he should have just been you know, locked up and sent back out, locked up to sit back out for other people to deal with, you know. So I think this is an unfortunate situation all the way around. But if he's found guilty over something like this, I think the sense a terrible signal. We should be allowed to defend ourselves. And I think the radical Democrats and leftists who have been infected the judiciary and within New York City, the DA's office, all these people. What they're telling us is that they really don't care about the safety of New Yorkers, really don't care about the safety of Americans.
Speaker 12: We should be.
Speaker 13: Able to protect ourselves from someone who's dangerous, and every person on that train agreed that that man was dangerous.
Speaker 2: Will be really interesting to see what happens out of that one.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: MSNBC host Rachel Maddow is reportedly furious with him warning Joe colleagues but meeting with Donald Trump at Mara Lago after he won the president presidential election. Do you think there's much truth to these reports?
Speaker 13: I mean, it wouldn't shock me. I mean, you're when the basis of your career has been to make Donald Trump appear like Hitler, to make Donald Trump seem like the worst man in human history, and then you see your colleagues who changed tune and at least sit down with the man. Doesn't mean that they support him, at least, I don't know, treat him like a typical politician. Yeah, I could see someone having a problem with that. So honestly, it could be true. I know these are, you know, speculations, but it would not shock me whatsoever. This woman has spread every false narrative, every bit of propaganda, especially anything revolving around Russia, that has never come to fruition that she never apologizes for acts like she didn't even say the very thing that she said. So yeah, I truly believe this woman has propagandized herself to the point for she thinks anyone who even mentions the man's name like he's Valdemore or something, you know, she'll treat them with a huge amount of disdain.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of MSNBC, it's primetime audience has dipped fifty three percent and CNN's forty seven percent since the week before the election, while Fox News has largely held on to its audience. Adam, do you see this as the anti Trump moved meant losing some of its momentum?
Speaker 13: Well, yes, for one, they they were really telling people that she's got it in the bag. They were, And this honestly goes back to the disconnect of the mainstream media in the United States and this reason why Donald Trump won and won so heavily. They're completely disconnected from the average American and what they're experiencing. These are people who are millionaires. You mentioned Rachel Mattow's a millionaire on television tell you to be scared and you know, white supremacy. This and the biggest issue in America is fascism. When most people that I run into, fascism isn't even like in their top ten or top twenty.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 13: The issues that they care about is can they afford food, can they afford gas? You know, the state of the economy, are they safe in their neighborhoods, the common sense political political things, and even more so when it comes to safety and the economy that wraps up into the border. A lot of Americans care about it, especially people in the Northeast and in New York City, because the problems of the border have made it to their front door. So these are things that regular Americans care about. But all they want to talk about is Trump is bad and they want to give a false narrative about this man. And I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion that, hey, if majority of Americans are supporting this man, is it really that the country is bad or we're disconnected from the country. And I think when you follow these false prophets, you end up in strange territories. So I think it's just a lot of Americans realizing that the propaganda that they're being fed is exactly that, and that they're ultimately lying. And they've been fear mother excuse me, fear mongering them or for years about this man. And I'm including myself as a former Democrat, believe many of these lies. And I think maybe this is a time for people to disconnect and reevaluate the information that they've taken in.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if these media companies actually take that in and make some changes, or whether the lack of self awareness continues.
Speaker 3: Adam B.
Speaker 2: Coleman, thank you for your time. Now, before we go to a break, let's circle back to Joe Biden pardoning his son. There are loads of lefties who are now eating their words after previously heralding Biden as one of the history's most honorable men for refusing to pardon his son.
Speaker 3: Here's just one.
Speaker 1: He is not pardoning his son, which he could do.
Speaker 7: These are federal charges.
Speaker 1: He is not doing that.
Speaker 7: He is not doing it because he is living what it means.
Speaker 3: To have a rule of law in this country. It speaks for itself, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: After the break, I'll show you new research exposing the US government spending millions of taxpayer money on misinformation research during COVID Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is political commentator and media analyst Stephanie Hammel. Stephanie, thanks for your time this week. Whoopie Goldberg lashed out at criticism mounted against Joe Biden for partnering his son.
Speaker 3: Have a listen.
Speaker 11: What is hurtful is denying that if it's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is the.
Speaker 11: President of the United States and it is his right, and he doesn't have to explain to anybody.
Speaker 7: This is his right as president. He can pardon if he wants to put Bozo the clown, he can.
Speaker 3: Pardon Boson clown.
Speaker 2: What do you think would she have said the same thing if it was Donald Trump in his place?
Speaker 15: Absolutely not And we all know that, and you know she's talking about what's hurtful. What's hurtful is that President Joe Biden, with a straight face, lied to the America. Can people repeatedly on record so many times on video before an election, and so you know, people have the right to be angry today. Many of us, including me, predicted that Biden would pardon his son, but everyone else tried to convince us otherwise. All the people in the mainstream media were repeating the same exact lie we heard from the Press secretary at the White House that this would never happen, and it did. And all of these people have egg on their face today. And now many of them are defending of Biden's actions, saying that it's necessary because the incoming president's going to target his political opponents, which we know that President Donald Trump never even did that in his first term, and that he's not going to target people that are his rivals. He's made that very clear. So it's just very dishonest for them to continue to push this narrative. Ultimately, Hunter Biden has shown that there is a two tier justice system in this and that's what infuriates so many of us, because a lot of us didn't think that Hunter Biden would ever face any sort of punishment for this gun ownership crime or for the tax fraud case that he pled guilty to, and so it just again goes to prove the point that, you know, there's a serious issue in this country. It seems like Democrats, the elite seemed to get the upper hand when it comes to the justice system.
Speaker 2: Well, the mental gymnastics in trying to defend it when they once heralded as some kind of hero for not partnering him is quite staggering. Now, Stephanie, Customers of an Idaho beauty salon are dropping like flies after its owner went in on Trump supporters on TikTok to, which she has now doubled down on with a follow up video.
Speaker 7: If I lose my business because I posted this.
Speaker 3: And this.
Speaker 7: And this, an ant video said if you suffer a racist, misogynist, homophobic rapist and you're okay with it, then you are those things. I guess I lose my business.
Speaker 2: I understand this salon is in your home city. What do you think of this?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I saw this when it was first going viral via libs of TikTok on X, and it definitely stood out to me because the salon's just a few minutes from where I live. Now, I never heard of the salon. I don't go to the salon, and apparently I never will go to this salon. But you know, it's just truly offensive and I almost feel bad for this woman. She's clearly suffering Stage four TDS. And she's regurgita hating the talking points for the mainstream media and the things that you see on social media from the left. So she's like a victim of misinformation because we know that President Donald Trump isn't all of those things that she said, and that his supporters aren't all of those things.
Speaker 3: That she said.
Speaker 15: And it's really tragic because she talked about how she was getting rid of a customer or she didn't care to lose a customer of fifteen years who had actually been a great customer, who'd brought her gifts, who had invited her to family functions, but she just couldn't work on a Donald Trump supporter anymore because of all those reasons that she stated. And it looks like the salon is under a lot of trouble because she came out with this video doubling down that she would rather work at Chipotlet than apologize or have to work on Trump supporters. So you know, if you look at the pictures, I'm kind of surprised that the Trump supporters are even going to her salon. It looks like her specialty is like rainbow hair. So unless you want to look like Bozo the Cloud, then you might want to go see her. You can go look at the page and decide for yourself, but I certainly wouldn't go there, especially after all of these despicable things.
Speaker 3: That she said.
Speaker 15: Why would you want to spend money on somebody who despises you and depicts you in this manner? I mean, it's really truly offensive. So I don't feel for her. Don't spend money on people who hate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, code advice, I mean, Rainbow heir. It sounds like she's catering to the far left anyway. Look, a nonprofit organization called Open the Books has revealed after in depth research that since twenty twenty one, the US government has spent one hundred and twenty seven million dollars of tax paying money investigating the spread of COVID misinformation. That is just an astonishing figure, Stephanie.
Speaker 15: It is, And the figure is actually even bigger than that, if you read fully throughout the report, they actually say it's actually closer to two hundred and sixty seven million dollars that were spent in total on a groups that are supposedly researching misinformation. And a lot of us have an issue with misinformation, right, We want people to know the truth. Here the truth, see the truth. But unfortunately, we know how the Biden administration is and how people on the left are when it comes to misinformation. Really what there are doing as targeting Conservatives and Republicans in their speech and the misinformation that they speak about, especially in regards to COVID nineteen, all of that stuff that was labeled misinformation ended up being correct for the most part. So again it's just an egregious waste of taxpayer dollars. And this is something that Elon Musk if the vik Ramaswami are going to have to look into when they have Doge going in the government, when when it officially starts.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Democratic Senator Catherine Cortes Masto has called on President Biden to extend deportation protections and work permits for illegal immigrants in the US before Trump takes office, writing on X President Biden has the power to protect immigrant families and I'm calling on him to use it.
Speaker 3: What did he make of that?
Speaker 15: You know, this is again the fear mongering, scare mongering that the left likes to do. Now, if you listen carefully to what the incoming borders are, Tom Holman actually said was that they're going to do targeted enforcements and that they were going to target criminal illegal immigrants who are in this country. So everyone should be behind that and applauding it. And if you look at what happened in the twenty four election, immigration was a top issue, which is why Republicans won in a landslide. The American people want our immigration laws to be followed, and they especially want the criminal illegal immigrants sent back to their home countries or out of this country and part of it, like many of us, would love to see this outrage that the left has over with the scare mangery and this type of stuff that they talk about, you know, like the the deportations, the mass deportations, how they're going to play out. I wish they would have like this much anger towards the criminal legals that have taken the lives of innocent American people and women especially, and the harm that they've done to children. So again, very misleading, very dishonest, but it's just typical.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Stephanie hammil thank you so much for your time. Now before we go to a break, I want to now show you and even bet video of Democrats eating their words on the hunt of Biden Poddon.
Speaker 16: Take a look in July of twenty twenty three, just after that plea deal fell through. This is what you said, I want to watch.
Speaker 9: Do you think a pardon for his son would be a mistake?
Speaker 5: Yes, And I don't think there's any chance that President Biden is going to do that, unlike his predecessor, who pardoned all of his friends and anyone who had any access to him. And I think you see that in this case where he kept on and Merrick Garland kept on a Trump appointed US attorney to investigate the president's son. If there is not an indication of the independence of the Department of Justice beyond that, I don't know what we could look for.
Speaker 16: What does that feel like watching yourself back then, reassuring people that Biden was not going to issue a pardon for his son.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think that if that plea agreement and that plea deal had gone through, there would be no pardon that was a satisfactory outcome.
Speaker 16: Had already fallen.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's so cruel that they made him watch himself while he delivered that very wrong prediction and then have to try and get out of that hole afterwards, Look, don't go anywhere. Only in America is after the break. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little part of the show we like to call Only in America.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: You may recall the adorable video of a young Baron Trump talking about his suitcase while speaking in Mum Millenia's accent. After that clip went viral, it sparked its own series of viral offshoots on TikTok after someone remixed it into a dance track.
Speaker 17: I like, I like my suitcase.
Speaker 3: I have to go to school now.
Speaker 17: I like my brothcase. I like my bootcase, bootcase, I like my suitcase to n I like my suitcase otcase of lunch. I like my suitcase I have to go to nine like my.
Speaker 2: Saltcasecase kind of catching. Huh, Well that's it for me. Up next to the Media Show