Speaker 1: Hello, Supercoaches, and welcome to a brand new episode of the Official Supercoach AFL Show, and we have a massive announcement to drop today. Get all your breaking news first on the Official Supercoach Show. Al Payton here joined by some of the leading lights of the fantasy community to talk about this exciting news. The Phantom dialing in from the lair. Phantom, good to have you on board.
Speaker 2: Thank you er, thanks for having me. It's a pleasure to be here. We had the last episode, we thought that was Christmas. This time another big present has landed under your Supercoach tree, you said leading minds of the Supercoach community. There is three of those in the podcast today, and we've got Phantom Junior Doss here next to me in the lair. We've led him back here and he's pretty excited about what you're going to tell him now.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, very excited. Huge news.
Speaker 4: I won't delay too much longer so the listeners can hear. But we do have another guest here and it is my good friend Patch.
Speaker 5: Hello, welcome. I'm very excited to finally be let partially into the lair to have a little gander. It's very damping here but yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I had to have all you gensit with me for this one. So what we want to tell people is that there is an exciting change coming to super Coach for twenty twenty five. Of course, super Coach Plus subscribers will get access to the early team pick up very soon, keep an eye it for that on all your social channels, and the platform will be opening shortly before Christmas. But we can tell people exclusively today that when you see what super Coach AFL looks like for twenty twenty five, there will in fact be a brand new position and an extra player on the field, which is a big change for a game that we've known and loved for a long time. So there will be thirty one players in at your squad now and twenty three of them on the field, including a brand new flex position to go with our defenders, forwards, rucks and of course all our midfielders and flex is. As it says it describes, I guess it can be pretty much any player you like from any position to add to your on field set up each round. And the crucial piece of information that goes with this is the introduction of Best twenty two scoring every week so obviously, bys, we're used to having best eighteen. Now we're going to get best twenty two for all the other rounds, So you'll have twenty three players on the field going into the round, and only your best twenty two scores count towards your total for that round. So you know, you might think of it as like a Tom Green rule. We remember last year, I think it was round eight against the Swan's. A lot of people brought in Tom Green that week. He was great value and he remembered doubt yes, Phantom you would remember this as well, and got injured. I think it was an ankle injury and a tackle very very early in the game, subdubt with just five points to his name. So assuming nothing else crazy happened that week, if that happens again next year, Tom Green's score would drop out and only your best twenty two counts. So it just helps you dodge those bullets from laid outs and subs and concussions, especially mens as a new era of footy that we need to move with, so yeah, hopefully we'll make the game more enjoyable, bit fair, I guess, easier to play, especially for those late unforeseen issues that you just can't deal with. And I'm sure there will be lots of strategy that can go with it as well, which will give us plenty to talk about and new ways to attack super Coach in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That is massive, big flex there from out over in the official Super Coach HQ, Dossie, there is a lot of strategy that's going to be involved in it. We've got plenty of time to talk about that for us hardcrese, But it's great, I think for we know not all Super Coach players are like us and a glued to their Super Coach app the TVs all weekend. We know life gets in the way sometimes, but this way takes a bit of frustration out when something like that happens and you're not able to adjust or notice the event happening during the weekend. So I agree, it sounds like it's going to make the game more enjoyable for more people. And you know, the first that I have is, you know, if I'm weighing up two mid price in the preseason't pick them both and be hurt by both.
Speaker 5: So well, I've got a couple of questions before you can jump in, Before Dossie does does that mean everyone's like, we get more money? Is there more salary cap?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: How how does this fit in.
Speaker 1: Our Yeah, no, it's an excellent question. The salary cap will remain at ten million dollars, but because we're picking an extra player, every player's price will be adjusted slightly downwards. So just we'll have to get used to that. When the picker is open and we can look at players who we might normally see is a six hundred K guy, he might be five hundred and eighty thousand or something like that. And one I think I must say that when I first saw some of the communications going around about this is rookies priced under one hundred thousand times back. So yeah, I can't wait to pick, give you ninety nine K rookies on my bench.
Speaker 3: Tasty rule.
Speaker 4: In a world of inflation, everything going up. This is music to the year. Is a bit of a discount. Look, it might be artificially crowded with the extra position here, but we love to see a few discounts around the board.
Speaker 3: Tell go ahead, vance go.
Speaker 2: The Reserve Bank today as recording have held the cash rate officially as it is, but we're going down the hip.
Speaker 5: Pockets of super coaches around the country are rejoicing there's some increased discretionary income to go around. It's great, can't.
Speaker 2: Afford your house, but you can afford more players and super coach.
Speaker 5: I think it's sorry, Docy to cut you off yet again. Is there a flex position on the bench out or no.
Speaker 1: There's not, so yeah, that's what it's worth bearing your mind. So just thirty one in the squad, so your normal bench as it has been. And that means if your flex player is a zero, A, D and P, then you don't actually have any emergency cover for that, but they would effectively, I guess, be you're twenty third and they would drop out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like if a Tom Dakarening, for example, just doesn't play just a big random just a player at random. Anyway, Sorry, Dossie, you're allowed. I'll permit you to speak now.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Well, I think for the hard cores, as you mentioned fans before, though, it is fantastic for being able to miss those. Yes, the Tom de Conning scores many people suffer to Tom Greeneye also suffered a few other scores along the way last season. Looking forward to those dropping out of my scores, but I think just the fact you can get that, you know, the flex position, that can be any position on the ground, It's going to open up a lot of different strategies for you know, the serious that the really hardcore people that focus a lot of their time and efforts. And I think, just from my perspective already, you know, focusing lots of time and effort this season, my thoughts immediately have turned to position. I dare to dream having a third of and that would be the ruck position. But I'm keen to hear some of the more deeper strategy thoughts perhaps later in the pod. But is there any other burning questions maybe out to get through before we kind of move on to the nitty gritty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought the salary cap was a good one, so I thank you Petch for raising that. Can your flex be nominated as captain or voice kept it? Yes, they can, so they effectively treated like any other player. They can substitute on and off. DPP obviously comes into play if you've got a mid forward there, you can swap them around with other players, so you can pretty much do whatever you like there. I guess the only caveat to put on it is with best twenty two and this has been the case for best eighten scoring that we've had in the past as well. If your captain actually is not in your best eighteen scorers for the week or best twenty two now, then you don't get a captain score that week. You don't your vice captain doesn't automatically get doubled unless your captain is actually a zero. So that's just something to be very mind. Hopefully not something that will affect us too often during the season, but just a question that some people might have. But I think those were the key ones. Is there anything else that you need to know?
Speaker 2: We need to start playing. It's going to be there's a lot to take in. It's going to be a good thing. Are we going to think too much until we know? Last year and the changes have come over the past few years, the great changes to our great game of super coach make it more fun, more enjoyable, and a better experience. But sometimes we've overthought these changes in terms of strategy. Last year we went obviously opening round wasn't thrown on us a bit by the competition in the AFL. We overthought it a little bit. Maybe we might dial back what we do with our planning and players who do have those early season buys. Do you think we're going to overlook this flex Rualdosi, I know you've got some strong thoughts already, but I want to wait. Untee what happens over the preseason, see some prices, See what's happening over the competition, the community series, and the scratch matches, training notes will be all over. I think I want to see more of that before I go down a path of what I want to do with the flex position. You've got different theory already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I just I think in terms of consistency of scoring, we always see our rucks performing quite well, and often we think, oh, I'd love to have another one of those guys on my field, and for me, you know, that was where my thought went. Now, I don't know whether that's starting with an extra one or whether that's you know, that spot's used for a bit of extra cash. Gen if we say have an extra midfield rookie as we often have, you know, in abundance, whether that's building that cash early, but I think late game, you know, it's going to be very interesting how we're going to use this this new position in strategy going forward and even the early game. As I mentioned, there's going to be lots of different ways to do this, you know, do you load up with an extra premium sort of early on in any position that you desire? Like I said, maybe ruck is that popular one because you've only got the two slots on field in general, But I think it does open up a world of possibilities. But yes, I think my attention did immediately turn to ruck. Did you have a different sort of opinion as to how you might use this early game or late game?
Speaker 1: I mean my thought was the same as you, JOSSI therefore, the perfect player for this would be a bargain ruck forward DPP type player. Now, are we actually going to get someone who that mold? That might be the tricky one. We've already seen the positions come out. There weren't a whole lot of Ruck forwards, I have to say, and none that jumped off the page. I mean, I don't know that I could go down to Luke Jackson Path again all the way from round one. But yeah, I think you know, in the old days, we used to get four rucks and you could sometimes you know, you had to make this difficult choice between you just spend up on the primos that because we know they score so well, or maybe there's a value ruck guy there, like a Lloyd Meek or somebody, and this could give you a bit of a chance to have, you know, a bit of a bit of a bet both ways. But is there a cheap ruck floating around that we think is going to fit that mold yet or obviously, as a fan says, a lot will play out over the preseason. But yeah, I can't think of a play that comes to mind that would exactly do that for us, but you know, we might get one, hopefully.
Speaker 2: I can see the great mind of Perhats ticking over a million miles an hour. He's thinking, he's planning already. He's listing to Dossie, is almost rolling eyes a little bit at Dosti because we know Dossie wants to pick Tom to conning at his fleet in the patch. What are your first thoughts?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I'm doing a great job of masking it, and it's just the old DVD screensaver. It's just bouncing around and every now and again, I think you caught me at a moment where it just h at the corner and there was a single thought and that's the first one I've had all day. But I think the fact that it gives us an extra player to start with means that that cash generation can really like boost up. And I'm still very unsure as to what it looks like late game or end of season. If we you know, it can pick someone who might have a really high ceiling but a really low floor. If that's say Shaye Bolton gets back to his best and he's pumping out a one sixty one week and of forty the next week, and the forty is mitigated by the fact that it's best twenty two, or if we go for a rock or target a position, I think that's very much going to come out in the wash. And I'm not thinking too much about that yet. But more starting side, you know, do you go an extra rookie and go you know, uber guns and primos because you're trying to save that little bit more cash and you load up, say in the back line, or load up somewhere else, or if that then means you can play around with a instead of having you know, in your side last year, if you wanted to have say like two mid prices. If you wanted to have someone like a Perramid and a coming this year, but we're worried about missing out on defensive rookies, you might not miss out on those rookies this year because you've got that extra spot to slide them into. So I think that gives a lot more flexibility to go deeper in some lines to start with. And then you know whether or not that is to go with a massive primo yet massive primo, or with a couple more cheaper guys that are more value that you can then offload later in the season. I don't know. I'll need to see it and actually play around with them before I can make that call. But that's where my brain is currently, you know, worming it over. And then also, if we're upgrading to twenty three on field primos plus anyone on the bench, you know, how does that affect the trading pattern? Does that mean you need to kind of slow down and conserve trades more. He'd be a bit smarter with them compared to the last couple of years where you know, we've had more trades, we've had boosters been go go go early season. Does it slow it down or does it speed it up even more. That's I know there's a lot of water to go under the bridge. I know, very excited to playground with it.
Speaker 1: Phantom in the past has been a fan of the twenty third Primo and up until an hour has been to try and get an extra one maybe floater sitting on the bench. But is that now your your flex guy.
Speaker 2: Twenty four primos. Yeah, I do like there. I think the way we do it is going to change over the year, and I'm interested to get there and see what we do. But I don't mind. I like patches thinking about you know, he talked about coming, talked about Harry Perryman, but you know our man over here now we have claimed him. And I was a bit torn yesterday when I saw James Peeling absolutely crunch my other man, Jordan Smoky Dawson at training. But he looks very good. He's got the bucket hat. Hon, he's flying out there on the track down at West Lakes. You know you pick him again in the midfield and then yeah, you're not sacrificing on those midfield rookies where we know the cash gin comes and the points give put an extra one in that flex vision like pack patch mentioned there, So I understand the rug thought, but I don't mind thinking that it gives you a bit more flexibility. You can have a bit more of a punt and not you know, not sacrifice that extra cash gin.
Speaker 5: And I feel like picking a ruck as well really locks you into that strategy, especially if you do it early, because if you decide to go elsewhere, it's very hard you'd have to offload one of those rucks or on the bench. But I know, yeah, it may well be the go because you know, you look last year we all wanted Cherry and Grundy and Gorne and then we want to Grundy out of there for someone else. But you know, that way you can have three of them. But do you lock yourself in? Do you? Yeah? And I just don't like trading in the rucks. I'm just getting it out of the way early in the twenty twenty five season, my anti ruck trading ranch. He's done. It's in the books. Mark it off the agenda.
Speaker 2: That's v DOSSI.
Speaker 4: With this sex your player jumping off as well, And you know, you get an extra kind of crack at having a decent probably rookie score, you know, out of a couple of rookies that that may drop off.
Speaker 3: Out of your score there.
Speaker 4: Do we think maybe this also assists us if we want to start an extra mid pricer or an extra premium from those early buy rounds as well, Like, you know, maybe a bit of less risk to start with the Callum Mills who does have the.
Speaker 3: Round three buyer, or a Kitty Coleman.
Speaker 4: You could maybe test your luck on a couple of those, knowing that they won't score early in the season. You still have that sort of fallback on field that you're not going to get a shocker of a score if you know you do happen to buy one of those bullets early.
Speaker 1: What's best? We think all these rules will be confirmed when the picker and everything opens, But if it's best eighteen again in the buy rounds, you'll be now getting best eighteen of thirty one players rather than have thirty. So yeah, it does. It does potentially give you some more more cover there, especially if it's in a round two or round three where we're hoping all your rookie he's a plane and you might only need two or three of them to go well and the rest don't count anyway, So yeah, that could be. That's a good point because round three looking at the fixture is going to be really tricky when you've got all those Brisbane guys and you know Nick Dacos is in there as well, and you know that that could be one where you're starting to worry how many you've got. But this might give you an extra little bit of cover.
Speaker 3: Dossie just thinking ahead, thinking way ahead of the pack as usual their fans.
Speaker 2: But a light year for nothing, light years ahead. But could you I don't know, could you even go You'd be taking a risk because you don't want to lose that cash gen. But can you go for another premium because and you can you don't need to worry about the on field scoring of those rookies much so you can go a bit cheaper. I know you wouldn't want to destroy your early season cash gen by picking the you know, the rookies that might not score as well as your top picks in the midfield. Let's say, but do you pick three or four guys sub hundred k take a few hits because you can't afford that extra premium because you don't need the extra score in your field compared to what everyone else has so plenty of talk about plenty of water to go under the bridge, plenty of preseason action to watch, plenty of parted to go over.
Speaker 1: I think last year in those by rounds, and the players with the highest ceilings were the ones. Yeah, you know, the coaches got rewarded if you had the right ones. Obviously. Yeah, sort of going for value didn't necessarily work out because you just wanted the guys who were pumping out one fifty. So if you can find a way to get an extra one of them, yep. But then, like you say, you might be robbing Peter to pay Paul if you.
Speaker 4: Rookie, you're thinking guns and rookies an other way to go early days out, that's with.
Speaker 2: An extra rookie.
Speaker 1: That was kind of my lesson from last year.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I'm building on that. I'm wondering, you know, there'll be roughly what price decreasing. Does that mean that there's ten percent more money to be made on these cheaper rookies compared to last year because they've got a lower starting price. Does that means that you know that'll affect break evens? This is apparently the bumper rookie crop the draft you know tw end All drafts. Does that mean we we can trust these rookies more and will be rewarded more for it? Is that where we could be going with this as well? Where it does really you know, you crunch all your cash into as many you know, whether or not that's you know, heaps of mid prices. If it's like a few really like concentrated and thought out uber primos, does that mean we have more scope to make more cash this year and it'll just be come middle of the year, will be just Scrooge mc ducking it up.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, Well, crunch some numbers on that it's not quite a ten percent gain that it's only maybe three percent?
Speaker 5: I think, No, okay, well never mind then, So I was like a.
Speaker 1: One seventeen K rookie might be one hundred and thirteen K something like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just had dollar signs in my eyes, dreaming wistfully of being rich one day. Maybe probably not.
Speaker 4: Well, plenty more to go across in the in the coming weeks, and I know in future episodes we'll ask, we'll answer, sorry, a lot more of your questions, and you know, on the socials as well, we'll be across this This is the sort of the official announcement on the podcast of the flex position. So if you do have any questions, make sure you get across the socials and also for next next week we'll be doing more podcasts then, So if you do have any further questions, I'm I'm sure we can touch on all those and interested to know how the community will be also thinking about these strategies and where their thoughts are to start with, how they think of starting, how they think of finishing the team.
Speaker 3: It's all very good info, fans.
Speaker 2: And it is very good info, and I know Patch is excited, I'm excited out keeping everything pretty close to his chest. But give us something now. Is it very soon? Is it soon? Is it not very soon? Are we close to the team picka? We know that's the place, because it's not December twenty five? Is whenever the team Piger opens.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it won't. Yeah, you don't have to wait till Christmas.
Speaker 5: So if you could give me a number on how soon it is between say, you know, eleven and twenty five, hypothetically somewhere in.
Speaker 2: There yeah between maybe Okay.
Speaker 1: Not playoff, not far off. We're just doing, you know, ticking some final boxes and it'll be great to get it out there.
Speaker 5: And speaking of not far off as well, we do get the chance to play with it before the AFL team pick of launchers because super Coach BBL has the flex position this year and you know, playing around with your team there, have you noticed anything from from Supercoach BBL that you can translate across just yet, because I'm excited to play around with BBL this year, A lot, a lot of it for the flex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm literally putting an artist together to go out the next couple of days with you know, how are people treating flex? And I've sent an email out to a bunch of people who really know their stuff and I've got to think about six replies back and they've all got different people in there and doing it different ways, so which is going to be great. But yeah, we'll sort of have to and like you say, it's a good chance to test it out a bit and see what happens and they will hopefully give us a few pointers to what we do when AFL rolls around. But yeah, that'll be good fun to play with.
Speaker 5: If you haven't signed up, signed.
Speaker 2: Up, my email must be still coming through our still waiting for it. I'll give you a reply though, if you want to. My team's looking pretty good. I showed Dossi before he asked me how does he pick a team? So I had to give him a few pointers the NBL Super Coach Specialist Dossi. But BBL very excited coming up in a couple of days. I think it's good with the flex as well. In BBL different because we play the fixture. There are buyers, there are double games. You can sort of hide your players a little bit, there's not as much need to trade them out. But different ballgame, but a fun one. If you haven't signed up, Like Pat said, get on there and do it. And now it all starts on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Cannot wait, I think before we sort of close it out, you know, as I said, stay tuned and next week follow along on Spotify, Apple, wherever you're listening.
Speaker 3: We're also on Code Sports YouTube.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to be putting up our podcasts across the year on there, so if you do prefer video, head over to Code Sports YouTube. That's where you can find all the Super Coach AFL content this year on the podcast front, So make sure you hit the follow hit the subscribe give us a rating as well if you don't mind. But let's just talk some actual nitty gritty players before we head off. Now, I know our you've been keeping track of a lot of track watch notes. I've also got some notes here from good friend of the show. I'll shout him out a bit later, but Jordan made of mind very couple of very high finishes in super Coach. He's also been compiling all his track notes from around around the Twitter sphere and also looking at all our great articles here.
Speaker 3: But our do you have it?
Speaker 4: Just a couple of notes and I'll finish them off with some of these notes from Jordan to center.
Speaker 1: My boy, Yeah, I've got I mean, I've been got a document going and it's done get a bit and wildy already and we're in the early December. But there's a few that caught my early on. I thought, I think a club that has been very supergoch relevant last couple of seasons and we'll definitely be again in twenty twenty five is North Melbourne. And the name that we're keen to see and just doing everything that we want to see at this stage is Caleb Daniel looks fantastic says he's happy just slotting in a half back at the Kangaroos in some of their matches, and so that's just made me a very happy man leading into Christmas. Some of the other names there, Kbby mcckirche and Harry Chees will both been full time midfield Tom Powell floating around the half back line, which is the potentially juicy you are very dangerous Fino Sullivan maybe on a wing to start, which is maybe not exactly what we want from a midfield rookie type. But yeah, some you know we're going to be picking plenty of Kangaroos. I think again next season, any anyone else there that we should be aware of, Dossi or fans, who do you like? Down at Arden Street, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be that happening. I think we'll be happening over here in SA I quickly jump in. We know Sid Draper is flying. We're spoken about him already impressing down there at West Lakes. You it'd be hard to see him not in that round one side if all continues to go on that path. So it's going to be one to look at when the preseason matches roll around. But one to keep an eye on. Labeled bit of a still in the draft that Port Adelaide Christian Marius, the Victorian kids come across and another friend of the show, friend of the laire five names sim and Kingsley Thomas Wilson has been down on the albut and he noted the other day came back was pretty excited. He said, Marius has already been impressing. And then last week as all the other draftees sat on the side and were guided through what was happening and talked about what was happening on the field, he was on the field with the rest of the squad participating in some half field match him. So they do like what he's doing down there at Port. We know Ken Hinckley isn't afraid to give these guys a crack and throw the youngsters in there in the deep end straight away. So one to keep an eye. I think when we get some games, when we get some internal trials happening in the new year.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the Crows briefly there fans, there's going to be plenty of interests there as well. Sidre Per obviously your boy already, but what about Pete Ling Obviously he said, is looking good Dan Curtain now playing midfield or is he forward? What's he going to do as a potential rookie option? And Isac Cummings the other one who I'm very interested in coming across from GWS's mead only which initially put me off, but now, as you've pointed out with flex, maybe that opens the door again to sorry coming. Yeah, no, he us it mid in super coach, but we think you'll probably play defense for the Crows. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yep?
Speaker 2: Should sid him back. They're looking very lean as well at training, so he's definitely going to be one to watch Petling again. We've spoken about this tackle on Jordan Dawson. You haven't seen it, codsports dot com you five names?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 2: He's everywhere, DOSSI five names. He was down at Richmond Oes today watching James Peteling takeout Jordan Dawson. But they've been very intense. He's almost led an increase in intensity James Petling down there at the Crows over summer. So he wasn't one I was initially interested in super coach depending on what They've got a lot to go through there, but I think he's really hit the ground running, So he's come up a little bit in my watch list. Dan Curtin Doss, You've been talking about him in the office. I'm just worried what they do with him. I know he's been all over the shot finished forward, he's a forwarding supercoach. Is the big bodied midfielder long term? Maybe when does that start or does he go back like he did in the Waffle.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just big on second year breakouts and I can't wait to talk breakouts.
Speaker 3: In the new year at some point.
Speaker 4: But you know, there's always the bigger, big thing about third year breakout. But for me, I'm always looking at those second year breakouts, particularly for guys that didn't get a full opportunity in the first year. If you've had a ripping first year, it's always quite hard to know go to the next level unless you are a Nick dacos Ra Harry Shechesel, for instance. But for a guy like Curtin who just really struggled in that first year with both injury and form, I think looking at him in year two, if he has a big preseason, regardless of what Roly has, his price is just going to be amazingly cheap.
Speaker 3: Next year.
Speaker 4: Given that his average we talked about it last week, I think it was in the in the low thirties due to all the subs and whatever. So if he's playing mid, if he's playing forward, if he's just in the team, I think he's just definitely one that we can watch.
Speaker 2: Yep, what about Josh Smiley over there? Punt rode out is pushing the bigger bodies around already.
Speaker 5: You're going down on Friday to watch him in person, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am so. I was trying to take take some video footage and we'll see that with people. But I think he will be easy to spot because he just he looks absolutely massive. It's crazy that he's playing as a midfielder. So yeah, he's definitely the standard of the kids, especially given quite a few of them are going to be managed coming back from injury. So yeah, I think of the of the Richmond rookies draftees, he's definitely the one to watch what Tom lynches up to his will because he's likely to be very cheap. But every year you keep doing it, you're going to be cheap enough. Our Well, we'll find out soon, but yeah, we'll see. I'll be potentially tempted if but you know, we have to see him picked in round one, so that's a that's a fair way off, but you know it's currently I think he's on track, but.
Speaker 5: I'll go get the flash one just like.
Speaker 1: Well, the other one of the tempt we saw just breaking news today was Finley McCrae dominating match SIMI, what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Patch?
Speaker 1: We could pick two mccrays.
Speaker 5: We could pick two mccray's, and I won't. I won't. I'd rather Tom Powell than fin McCrae again, but you know, we've yeah.
Speaker 4: Story every year, every year, dominant in the preseason, never really gets the crack.
Speaker 2: Between did also mention a big rap for Ed Allen as well, the w A draft from a couple of years ago as one to watch and when asked about who's going to break out at Collingwood in twenty twenty five, so Ed Allen one to watch four over the preseason.
Speaker 5: Anch of those guys that are kind of a bit cheaper that, you know, Nathan Driscoll coming back from a lot of injury under two hundred K. I'm interested in the giants, you know, like James Leake didn't play at all last year in his first year. You know, a lot of a lot of holes in that giant side. I'm interested to see who who slides in there. And looking at port Adelaide Jason Horn Francis obviously you know, got that Ford eligibility. Very interested in how he goes. Rory Atkins won the time trial.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 5: We were rat We can't we I don't know. I'm not saying no, not yet. Rather him than Finlay McCrae at this stage.
Speaker 2: Was what about is that who you've got a picture of behind you in your new studio setup. I saw our squinting before, couldn't work out what the hell you've done to the wall here in the lair You've taken it over. What's he going to do this year?
Speaker 4: Ah, He's going to have an outstanding year. He's going to be amazing. Look, I'm waiting for the first track watch notes of him coming out our surely not far around the corner. But these are a few more notes from Jordi. Just this is the amount of attention that people, our super coach community is already paying to the AFL preseason. It's amazing. He's already talking about Callum Mills jacked. He's flagging inside roll. There's been some talk about Dean Cox as well with his positional changes. We've already heard lots of different things. There was a Nick Newman training with the midfielders. I don't know if that might have even been a very em Chloe that was sort of there. Looking at a few of those things, we've seen one that I'm very interested in, So there's plenty to talk about. Obviously I won't go through every single one. I know Liam Baker at half back from my mighty West Coast Eagles, that is something that's certainly of interest given believe he's got the forward status this year as we sold out, so he's one that we're looking at. One that I really am interested in talking about these breakouts. Caleb Windsor training with the defenders by a few reports as well coming out and this is one from Jeordi de Center, high finisher multiple years in a row in super Coach. He's one that he's got his eyes very close on, So shout out to him, and shout to all the track watchers out there as well, official and not official, there's plenty of them around the place. But how did you have any more that you've had.
Speaker 1: The other one of these, obviously that the photographers are all over when he showed up for a preseason was Clayton Oliver waiting Elie to see where he will be priced, But it will be a lot cheaper than he has been the last few years. Fans in the early thoughts on.
Speaker 2: Clary definitely a watch. Definitely a watch if he gets through and has a good sum. I mean, that's we know that didn't happen last year hugely interrupted, someone was playing catch up then maybe was he played out of position as a result a little bit probably, So at the price, you know, it's not even about money really with Clayton Olive. If we see him continue and get consistency through January February and he's playing in those precon games and he's playing well, then he looms is a big pod because some people won't go there again, but we know what he can do. He's one of the best coach scorers in the game when up and going, so he's going to hopefully get there eventually. But it's definitely high on the watch list. Harry Sharp, one of your boys also crossed down from Brisbane. Is there a wing spot potentially available. They do have some good ones. If Caleb Winter does go back, does that open up for ours boy? Harry Sharp?
Speaker 1: But the time trial, ye, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: He that's true.
Speaker 1: He's a been a specialist.
Speaker 2: Now we know Doss has got lots of boy he's not sure how many he's going to have this year, but my boy, it didn't feature last year. Very strange one. Now I reckon he's going to be cheap. I hasn't. We hope to find out very soon. But will Brody over at the dock as if something happens with that midfield mix, if something opens up, we know he can score. It was weird how he's overlooked. We all know his deficiencies and they've it's always been that way. But we saw his strengths on show a couple of years ago. He was good for free Man's midfield. My hope is that he does get another chance to come back in there and he could be one that could pop up again in Super Coach, given it's going to be a heavily discounted price.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting what about that the bombers patched in your neck of the woods. I saw a sad l Wholey doing very nicely in the preseason that he'll be a big rookie.
Speaker 5: Watch he'll be my first pick. My second pick could be Zach Merritt, and then throw the rest away. Don't want to not.
Speaker 1: Maybe Dylan Shield trialing across half back.
Speaker 5: He'll be all be releasing VFL super coach next year. That if so, then maybe I'll take a look. But I'm not we'll be rivaling for the spoon next year. I'm calling it nice and early. I'm just popular popping a pin in the balloon. Will be bad, will be real bad. It might be exciting at times, but we will not be good at football, and maybe that's good opportunity wise, Archie Roberts, if you look at the second year breakout, I'd be very interested. The price will be awful, but particularly for draft, he'll be one that probably slides a bit and I'd be very interested in a piece of his action. But otherwise there's very little I think at Essendon at this stage.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got plenty, plenty, plenty.
Speaker 4: Of super coach still to talk about in the coming weeks. Make sure you continue to stick around. I think we want I want to close out because we know obviously how you've been teasing platform not far not far away. Of course, we're waiting for that to come around. What Patch just mentioned his first pick? Can we go our top three first picks in your mind? Who you think you'll be? You'll be iron off when things open up. I'll start with you out. You look shocked to hear that question, and you look aout no, So let's go to you first.
Speaker 1: Tom n No, I get that flash as where I will? I think Caleb Daniels the clear number one. He's playing half back for the King. I mean, whoever plays part back for the Kangaroos is you pretty much want to pick him? And we know what he can do and he's going to be cheap, so we'll find out exactly how cheap very soon. But yeah, I like him a lot. I mean all those ex bull Dogs, Bailey Smith is going to be I assume in most people's teams with mid forward pretty well discounted after a year out. So I like him. And then you know you've got Jack McCray as well, So why don't I just go with the three X boys?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 1: But that's all looking for value, and like I said, maybe we don't want too many of those guys. So yeah, that'll be something to to think about. But yeah, very very tempted to buy them.
Speaker 4: Alion Patch, go your three if you if you've already got those three, you've got to pick three new ones.
Speaker 5: Put me on the spot, Jack McCrae and McCray, Craig McCrae, Yeah, lock me in, Lock it in, Eddie, Yes, Sardel Hawley is probably the first one. Yeah, I'm not allowed to say Caleb Daniel anymore, so I get I'm really intrigued by Perryman. I'm not sure if he's going to be there by round one, but I think he'll be in that first iteration to see if I can squeeze him in, and then we'll look at Yeah. Look, probably Zach Merrit, based on how many early games esn'ton, will unjustifiably be handed on Thursdays and Friday nights, so he'll be a very good VC option.
Speaker 2: So I can't pick Caleb because I'll be picking him as well. But the Horny one man Jason Horn, Francis Sid Draper and my other man, George Ward.
Speaker 3: Look beautiful. That's that's three unit picks.
Speaker 5: Couldn't couldn't go Caleb Danney also go the other recruiting. Jack Darling is locked in.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 4: Jagger Smith best rookie of the class my opinion. Unfortunately West Coast traded him away. Harley Reid my boys second year, absolute massive breakout. And then finally I'm just going to lock away the bond. Have you guys seen that he's got the flowing locks. He's up there in the time trial. He's already the best super coach player going around. Break out your one third plus for the great man this year. No, I you know, I think I started with him last year and I didn't look back, So I might have to just lock him the big dog again.
Speaker 2: Uncovering the gems. I love to see him flying.
Speaker 3: It was my first three picks.
Speaker 1: Line went straight to the other day you guys had I mean, if we're talking, you know, primo primos is Tristan Cherry one this year? Next year, I.
Speaker 2: Think he has to be what he did dominant, dominant. We know the dominant ruckman. But again, there's not many ruckmen in the competition that have backed it up in the past. Not saying last year, but it looks like a pretty bulletproof super Coach game for Tristan Cherry. You could see how Tim English could be stopped around the ground, how that would affect his super Coach scoring. But it's hard to stop Tristan Cherry where he scored super coach points.
Speaker 5: So good luck. That's that's not going to wind well for you.
Speaker 1: North didn't bring in any any extra rock support or anything, did.
Speaker 3: They looming large.
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 1: When you watch out that on us just to leave with I.
Speaker 3: Reckon, we'll wrap it up there.
Speaker 1: Ou absolutely, you know that's been awesome, Thank you guys. So yeah, just exciting news. You know, as we've just figured out, there's plenty to talk about it. Lots is going to flush out with and I can't wait to hear how people enjoy the flex and as Patch said, you know, get into it in the in the BBL and then once we start getting the chance to get in and play around with it with super co JFL and see what people can do with it. But yeah, ideally it will make the game a little bit easier, a little bit less stressful and chaotic for a lot of people, and create a hold of a new strategy discussions, which of course we love to do.
Speaker 3: Fancy had one more thing, not.
Speaker 2: Well done, just well done to our I do like it. I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait for the team pick and not December eleven, not December twelve, but not December twenty five either, DOSSI so somewhere in between. Patch and I are excited. It's going to be a big year.
Speaker 3: Let's go Yank