Speaker 1: On Scolus Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Winner Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the RITA Panicky show coming up tonight.
Speaker 4: Hundreds of Palestinians.
Speaker 3: Successfully claim asylum in Australia. I'll speak to Gary Hartgrave about that and more. The Great Michael Schellenberger will be here to discuss a genuine scandal involving the FBI and election interference, one that makes Watergate look like a Teddy Bear's picnic.
Speaker 4: You won't want to miss that. And later in the.
Speaker 3: Hour, I speak to an inspirational woman who is sick and tired of white leftist activists and their actronizing treatment of black folk and left is losing. It features Kamala.
Speaker 4: Harris trialing yet another accent.
Speaker 5: You better thank a union member for sick leave. You better thank a union member for paid leave. You better thank a union member for vacation time.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 3: The Victorian government is spending one point seven billion with a B billion dollars on a new public park in Melbourne's South Bank, lark Boon Dap, as the park will be called, will surround the Arts Center precinc.
Speaker 4: The plans were announced yesterday.
Speaker 3: With work for the urban garden to start in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love gardens as much as the next girl, but this date is in ruinous debt. How exactly are we funding this park where we can't even pay for enough nurses and paramedics.
Speaker 1: And I understand that Victoria has got the highest level of debt of any Australian state, then Queensland's got highest per cabin of it. Victoria's got the highest real debt. And if this is the priority there, you know, I'd like you. I like gardens, but I would have thought Rita, that the whole sort of indigenous theme is all well and good and fine, but one point seven billion is this the real priority? And besides, given about fifty six percent of Australia is owned by indigenous corporations, why don't they actually pay for it? Why don't we get the private sector to pay for it? Why don't we get somebody who's really interested in this to pay for it? I just think the pooroal tax payer, Well, they're leaving. The Victoria is the place to flee. That's what the number plate is going to be changed the place to flee, and this is another reason for it. Look again, I get it, it's going to beautiful, it looks really nice. But at this time is this the priority? Well, this is the left, This is the left. They just want a virtue signal with your money. That's what they're doing right now.
Speaker 3: Yep, just announcing more massive projects and one point seven billion is what they're planning for it to cost, which in this state needs will probably cost worth to five billion, because that's how things normally go.
Speaker 4: I wish I was joking. I wish I was joking.
Speaker 3: Now more than three hundred Palestinians have I'm not joking. No, no, no, Now, we've had more than three hundred Palestinians successfully claim asylum in Australia in a two month period. The asylum seeker process can sometimes drag on for many years to reach its legal conclusion, but many of these applications were approved in quick fashion. At least seven hundred and forty nine Palestinians have applied for protection visas since October seven Gary.
Speaker 4: This is interesting.
Speaker 3: Australia has been almost alone in the developed world in the Western world in granting visas to Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank, and the numbers we've granted around three thousand again set us apart from most other countries.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and we're insane. We are miles in front of anybody else. No other country in the region wants to go any win in them. I've just got off the plane this morning from Jakarta, Indonesia, the biggest populated Muslim country in the world, two hundred eighty million people, about eleven million in the city of Jakarta alone. You know, I saw one Palestinian flag in a week. That's it on the back of a bloke driving a rickety old truck around yesterday and that was the only time I saw anything like this. So if the biggest Muslim country in the world and Indonesia's kind of got its act really together, it's going to be a very wealthy country. If they're not actually taking big numbers out out of Palestine.
Speaker 6: You know that there is a real problem attached to it.
Speaker 1: And look, I get why people would like to leave the area. But what I don't get is why Australia says it'll be us, just us. Really, Australia is dumbing itself down and destroying the values that have built this country right before our very eyes. And and then the Albaneze. He's worried politically about what's going to happen in Western Sydney seats. Well, they're not going to necessarily back in for this. We are insane. We've got to put a line under this. I cannot be satisfied that we are getting the right people coming here.
Speaker 3: We've got to just be very selective. Whether you believe in big Australia, Little Australia, big migration numbers, smaller migration numbers.
Speaker 4: We need to have people here who.
Speaker 3: Respect Australian values, can assimilate successfully and contribute to the country. Those migrants love this country and then make a great contribution. But you don't want to bring people here who don't share our values and who are never going to see themselves as Australian. And you just hope whatever checks they're running are thorough. That's all I can say about that, Ona Hamas their level of evil no bounds. They're taunting the families of the six hostages they murdered, posting photos of their loved ones are looking gaunt and exhausted, and threatening to release their last words, before they were executed. Israeli forces believe the hostages were shot at close range multiple times before their bodies were discovered in tunnels under Rafa, And it seems gary that they were kept alive all these months, but when the IDEF was approaching and it looked like they could.
Speaker 4: Be rescued, they were shot dead.
Speaker 3: I cannot fathom how the families are coping with that knowledge.
Speaker 1: No, and the whole thing just turns any decent person's stomach. So there's the question. Rider they are not displaying her master's an organization is not displaying any values of decency. Frankly, they are running contrary to the teachings of Islam with the way in which they are so flagrantly trying to cause so much distress, heartbreak, and of course murder people. I mean, I am. I've got a lot of Muslim friends, Rita. I've got a lot of friends from all religions, from all parts of the world. I've been a minister for multiculturalism. I believe strongly in though the thing that brings us together, not the stuff that tears is apart. These people are on the tear you apart agenda, and I just think we've got to run an even finer com over what it is that we've got coming through the door, because I am I'm terrified with what we're actually doing of ourselves right now. There rotten lazy government. And look back to Indonesia. Hundreds of people would like to study in Australia. They can't get visas. The first thing that was told to me was you can't get a visa to get to Australia. So you got Laura Biden, decent people come, You can't get a visa. These people, these people get a visa. So you know, there is something really wrong in the Immigration Department, the department that I used to be a minister of. I'm really sad about it.
Speaker 3: Now before you go, don't have long, just a twenty second answer. Tell me about what's happening with the election Queensland election. We're hearing labors facing defeat. Some say annihilation. Is there anything seven miles can.
Speaker 4: Do to turn it all around?
Speaker 1: No, that's it.
Speaker 6: I don't think people want him gone.
Speaker 4: They did take twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Gone, that's the end of the answer. I mean, seriously, they just want him gone. And of course the mob that replaced him of got on. Now justify people's vote, as they'll get rid of them again in four years time. It's happened before Riatas, so now they want miles gone, and by one hundred miles, I say.
Speaker 3: And I wonder how much of that loss, if it happens, is going to be blamed on Albo because he also seems to be a little.
Speaker 4: Bit on the nose. Gary Hartgreag, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 6: Chase's a lot cheers.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is host of the US Report and co host of the top rating program on all of Sky News Outsiders. James Morrow, Welcome back to the program. Let's start with the Secret Service. They've entered their investigation into cocaine that was found in the White House last year, with no suspect identified as spokesperson told The New York Post that the cocaine was disposed of in accordance with retention policies, but a trio of sources told Real Clear Politics that President Biden's then Secret Service director, Kimberly Cheatle, wanted to destroy the cocaine, but faced opposition. Apparently DNA had been recovered from the half used dime bag. One of the sources said the protocol is whether you act on the DNA hit or not, we still have to maintain evidence for a period of up to seven years.
Speaker 4: It's become a big to do.
Speaker 3: A decision was made not to get rid of the evidence, and it really peed off cheatle Now commentator Dan Bongino, who used to be a Secret Service officer, from what I understand, says there's a lot more to this story.
Speaker 7: Here's what I'm hearing from whistleblowers that they are suspicious that the partial DNA hit could match a member of the inner Biden circle.
Speaker 3: James, do you think the wide house was panicking about who this DNA match could be? A few obvious suspects come immediately to mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Rita. I mean, it's not like there's anybody in the Biden family who's got a pretty long and public history of not only drug abuse but really flagrantly bad behavior, into which you know, maybe bringing cocaine to the White House might fit that pattern, but you know, I'll leave that to viewers to decide who that might be. To me, the really interesting thing here, though, is what the Secret Service has been up to in all of this, Because remember Kimberly Cheadle. She was the director of the Secret Service who was finally forced to resign after that horrific appearance she made to Congress after the attempt on Donald Trump's life, which seemed to have been, you know, at the very best case, a real crisis of competence. She had been on Joe Biden's vice presidential Secret Service detail when he was Barack Obama's vice president. This, I think is a crucial detail. That's why she got the job. She gone on from the Secret Service to a senior security role at PepsiCo guarding cheetos or Doritos or whatever, and then she was brought back to run this very important law enforcement body, RITA. And it was all because of her relationship with Joe Biden. Now you know, whether that would mean that she might cover for a Biden family member who was caught out doing something really embarrassing and illegal, you know, look, that would be a very suspicious and cynical thing to say.
Speaker 4: It would be very cynical, not something that we would do.
Speaker 3: And grotestically, no incompetent does she seem to a major achievement the Secret Service appeared to be diversity quotas, which is I would have thought secret service a position. You don't want to have any sort of quotas. You want the best person and for the job every single time. Now, a clip of Vice President Kamala Harris from earlier this year has resurfaced in the wake of six Israeli hostages being murdered by her mass in tunnels under Rafa, and as usual, Kamala had it terribly wrong.
Speaker 8: We have been clear in multiple conversations and in every way that any major military operation in Rafa would be a huge mistake. Let me tell you something. I have studied the maps. There's nowhere for those folks to go. And we're looking at about a million and a half people in Rafa who are there because they were told to go there, most of them. And so we've been very clear that it would be a mistake to move into Rafa with any type of military operation.
Speaker 3: She studied the maps, James, how could you expect to bring any sort of meaningful change peace to the Middle Age when she appears to be falling for her mass propaganda.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Rita. It's not just Kamala Harris, it's Joe Biden, you know, the President still notionally the president apparently, you know, her whole administration that she's been involved in for the past nearly four years has been basically compromised. You know, they talk in strong game about Israel. Oh you know, we're back Israel, all of this, but you know they have since the very time they came into office, they've been running the Obama foreign policy, which is to appease and in big in Iran. And that's exactly what's happened. You know, Iran is Hamas's sponsors. Hamas did not want them going into Rapha because that was their HQ where they held all the hostages underneath the city and the terror tunnels that they used all their aid money from the West to go and build instead of giving the Palestinian people infrastructure and food and jobs and an economy. So you know, really I'm afraid Kamala Harris there was running the Hamas line, and we have seen the Biden administration also run the Harmas line. And I am terrified that if Kamala Harris does wind up falling over the line and becoming president, the United States will be much more friendly to Iran and much less friendly to Israel. What you just played. There is just a small part of this much bigger and I think much more, sinister puzzle reader.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you do wonder how committed she is to the Iranian nuclear deal that was Obama's brainchild. Biden tried to reinvigorate it, and all it has done is emboldened and enrich the Iranian regime after four years where they were really demoralized under the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. And that Iran Deal that Obama started, you know, the whole point of that was to strengthen Iran. It was to normalize relationship with Iran, balance out Sunny Power, you know, the Saudis and the Sunni States and the Gulf States, and also balance Israel. You know, this was the most disloyal thing we could have done to one of our allies, Israel. And we saw during the Trump administration how during the Abraham Cords the relations were normalized in Israel and the Sunni States. You know, this was a great thing for peace. And yet you know, when Obaba was in power, and of Biden as well, the demonstrations for peace and democracy in Iran. The people don't want this regime, but you know they're saddled with it, and they should get some more help from the West.
Speaker 3: It is just an appalling abandonment of our ally Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East. But also it's an abandon abandonment of the Iranian people. We've had these mass protests there, so many innocent lives lost, and the US government almost siding with the Iranians, even if they're not coming out and saying that their policies are, as I said, emboldening and enriching that regime. Now to your home city, New York. You had seven thousand protests there, storming the city on Labor Day. Some in the crowd waving her Mass flags along with Palestinian, Syrian, Iranian and his Bula banners chanting free Palestine and resistance is justified when people are occupied James. For these protests to occur, as we discovered the hell those hostages, including an American citizen, endured before they were executed, I mean, it's just beyond the pale.
Speaker 2: Look, it's just bizarre, and I mean I think it goes beyond any sort of support for Palestine or the Palestinian people or peace, because these people certainly don't want peace. I think these people here that you're seeing these basically you know, hamas and indifier cars players here walking through the streets of Manhattan. I think I know exactly where that block is there. You know, I've walked up and down those streets a million times in my life. And it's just grim. It's stupid. But I think we most of all, it's neil, you know. I think that the point here is really there are just so anti everything, anti the West, anti Israel, anti life, anti anything positive and beautiful and joyful. I think it's a really grim scene to see so many young people throw their lot in with these folks.
Speaker 3: It is, But where is the condemnation from authorities? We did have the White House release a statement, but if you had extreme right protesters marching with flags of terrorist groups, waving banners of Hitler or the like, you would expect a bit more action and a bit more outrage from authorities. But these protesters really have been allowed to run right across the US and across many cities right here in Australia.
Speaker 4: They've had encampments that've had.
Speaker 3: All sorts of protests where they've intimidated people going about their business, particularly if they're visibly due wish how are we tolerating this in the West, Well.
Speaker 2: Rita, I mean, look, for a long time, we had a rule and it was set by the left, and the rule was, hey, if a Nazi shows up to your rally, it's a Nazi rally. Now, all of a sudden, you've got these rallies here which are absolutely filled with people who are spouting the worst sort of anti Semitic, not anti Zionist or anti israel rt anti Jewish hate, they're spewing it. I mean, that's what these terrorist flags are all about, is you know, wanting to kill the Jews and Westerners too. All of us are in the frame. By the way, let's not think that we're spared. Even if you're not Jewish. This is this is a pro terrorist rally. What we just saw here, this deserves to be condemned by everybody left and right, and you know, they should be treated the same way that back in You know, once upon a time, the ku klux Klan or the American Nazi Party want to march in Illinois, and the ACLU supported them because they said, you know what, free speech is important. So the Nazis have right to march, but just as important everybody came out to condemn them, and that's exactly what needs to happen here, you know, because right now we've got these people who literally what have we been seeing for months now? Oh hey, we're so anti fascist and we want to fight fascistm that we're gonna go down the street and we're gonna smash the glass of Jewish businesses. Yeah, okay, tell me how that works.
Speaker 3: They literally called Jews Nazis as they marching along, as they're intimidating into some people. I mean, it's almost beyond parody, but you can't laugh at this stuff because it's deadly serious. James Morrow, thank you for your time, and I'll see you Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: For outsiders see a Sunday reader still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties losing it and Michael Schellenberger with a genuine scandal involving the FBI and election interference. Welcome back now time for left is losing it and she's done it again. We've brought you Kamala's array of accents previously, but this next one maybe my favorite.
Speaker 4: Listen to her.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris, who is of Jamaican, Indian and Irish descent and grew up in California and Canada.
Speaker 4: Listen to how she spoke earlier. Today, You better thank a union member.
Speaker 9: What the five day work week.
Speaker 5: You better thank our union member for sick leave. You better thank a union member for paid leave. You better thank a union member for vacation time.
Speaker 3: Oh, how many accents are we going to hear from her in this campaign?
Speaker 4: Well we got two in just a few hours. Today. Let's hear her.
Speaker 3: Let's see how she spoke in Pittsburgh and then Boston. See if you can detect the subtle difference.
Speaker 10: So, friends, sixty four days, let's just get through the next sixty.
Speaker 3: Four Meryl strap ate your heart out. Kamala is so authentic. But then wanting authenticity and consistency from Kamala is just asking for trumple listen to the passionate way she defends illegal immigrants who pay people smugglers to take them across the border and then marvel at the enormous backflip.
Speaker 10: Just a year later, a mother who pays a coyote to transport her trial through their country of origin, through the entire country of Mexico, facing unknown peril to come here. Why would that mother do that? I will tell you because she has decided. For that child to remain where they are is worse.
Speaker 4: But what does Donald Trump do?
Speaker 9: He says, go back to where you came from.
Speaker 10: That is not reflective of our America and our values.
Speaker 11: That it's got to end.
Speaker 8: To be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous track to the United States Mexico border, do not come.
Speaker 4: Do not come.
Speaker 8: And I believe if you come to our border you will be turned back.
Speaker 4: Do not come, Do not come.
Speaker 3: Of course they did come because the Biden Harris administration did nothing to stop the illegal immigration crisis. Record numbers have come in illegally every year of their administration. And remember Kamala and Joe telling us the anti Israeli protesters had a point. This is the type of miscreant they are empowering. This woman in New York City today waiving her mass flag on the day an American citizen horrifically injured, taken hostage, and then executed by her mask was buried. Just gross and the dim witted sheep were marching in big numbers in New York City chanting that Palestinians should resist colonialism by any means necessary. I guess that includes rape, torture and murder. Now to some local left is losing it here in the state of Victoria, where public libraries will be places off far left LGBTQIA plus plus indoctrination. Not only will children have drag Queens story time, but staff have been told not to use gendered language like boys and girls.
Speaker 4: And kids as young as five will be asked their pronouns.
Speaker 12: Children as young as five will be asked if they identify as she, he or they. As part of a new program being rolled out across public libraries in Victoria, library staff are being told to ask what their preferred pronouns are for children, avoid gendered language, and offer pronoun and badgers, pins or laniards for any visitors. As part of the Rainbow toolkit, Victorian libraries will also add books on gender diversity and promote drag Queen story time events.
Speaker 3: Let's have an antidote to all that left you lunacy with this sobering warning on censorship.
Speaker 4: And the assault against free speech.
Speaker 3: Here is Constantine Kissen talking with Foremost Australian Deputy Prime Minister John Anderson about the crackdown on so called hate speech and note This conversation happened before the UK's latest bout of insanity, where people are being arrested for sharing memes and robust ideas about mass migration.
Speaker 13: In Russia last year, four hundred people were arrested for things that they said on social media. Four hundred people in Russia. Obviously this country is very different. How many people do you think were arrested in Britain for things they said on.
Speaker 8: Social media life year?
Speaker 6: And come on take a guest. I have no idea.
Speaker 11: Three thy three hundred really arrested for what they'd said on social media?
Speaker 6: What sort of things get you all?
Speaker 13: One example I've given my show is there was a young woman from Liverpool called Chelsea Russell and people can look this up. Her friend was killed in a car crash, nineteen year old woman, and she posted the lyrics of his favorite song on her Instagram and there was a rap song, so the lyrics contained several instances of the nd work. She was arrested, prosecuted, found guilty, given five hundred dollars of community service and the final tag and four years she was under eight pm to eight am curfew. Oh good in Britain who wrote in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: In a letter to the House Judiciary Committee, met A founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg revealed the Biden administration officials were putting pressure on him to censor content on his social media platforms Facebook and Instagram that included satire, But the revelations.
Speaker 4: Did not stop there.
Speaker 3: Zuckerberg also revealed he was warned by the FBI about a Russian disinformation campaign involving Hunter Biden. They saw Facebook and other social media giants ban or heavily suppressed stories about Hunter Biden's laptop, including the Biden families dodgy business stealings. Joining me now is author independent journalist Michael Schellenberger, who broke the Twitter file story exposing the censorship industrial complex. Michael, these admissions by Zuckerberg are not only deeply disturbing, do they crossed.
Speaker 4: The line into criminality?
Speaker 3: Is this evidence of the FBI engaging in election interference?
Speaker 14: He read, it's great to be with you. Yeah, that's the most important question. I think the answer is yes. I now feel comfortable saying, for the first time, given Zuckerberg's letter, that the FBI interfered in the elections in twenty twenty, they waged their own disinformation campaign, naturally in the name of stopping allegited Russian disinformation.
Speaker 6: But it's important for viewers.
Speaker 14: To know that the FBI had Hunter Biden's laptop since December two, twenty nineteen. They knew it was legitimate, authentic, They knew it was not Russian disinformation. They were also listening to Rudy Giuliani's telephone call, so they knew that he had given the laptop to the New York Post. And they spent that summer basically programming or brainwashing social media executives at Twitter and Facebook as well as journalists into believing that there would be a Russian leak of hacked materials, knowing full well that that's not what was going on. So it's very it's extremely illegal. It's illegal to engage in those disinformation operations against the American people, and it's obviously illegal for the FBI to interfere in elections.
Speaker 3: And their campaign was enormously successful, wasn't it, Because the New York Post story, which was one hundred percent accurate and legitimate, which the FBI knew because as you said, that had the evidence of the laptop, it was buried. You couldn't even post it on Twitter. The New York Post own Twitter page, their official account was banned, and likewise with Meta with Facebook, the story was completely suppressed, so their influence here is undeniable. They buried that story. They completely convinced the American public who were aware of the story that it was Russian disinformation, or they never heard the story in the first place.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's exactly right, readA. In fact, I was duped. I thought it was Russian disinformation at the time. I believed that not only that the fifty one former CIA directors and intelligence officials were correct in assessing it as Russian disinformation, but also I thought that because Facebook and Twitter were independent entities that had evaluated it, that they could be trusted. And that was obviously wrong. They were also victims of a disinformation campaign. And I think what you said is very important for people to understand that the censorship was bad.
Speaker 6: But really the power of.
Speaker 14: It was to convince people that there was something wrong with the story, when, as you pointed out, the story in The New York Post was one hundred percent accurate. There's never been anything proven wrong with it. It just was what it looked like, which is Hunter Biden dropped his laptops into a bathtub or a pool, took him to the computer repair store owner.
Speaker 6: Repair store owner.
Speaker 14: Gave him to Rudy Giuliani and the FBI, and Hunter Biden never came back for them.
Speaker 6: That was all it was.
Speaker 14: And so there's a very elaborate brainwashing effort by the FBI. It's someone, it's criminal, and somebody should be prosecuted and potentially incarcerated because these are very serious crimes.
Speaker 3: And the media, the bulk of the media, was also a ga to believe that they discredited the story without really looking into it in any meaningful fact when it mattered. Now they will admit it's real, because there's no denying it now. Despite Mark Zuckerberg being a lifelong Democrat, he donated around four hundred million dollars of his own money back in twenty twenty to fortify the election for the Democrats. Despite him making these admissions, you've still got the leftist media ignoring or questioning his evidence. The Atlantic was among the outlets to question Zuckerberg's motives and pretend this was just about clamping down on rampant COVID misinformation. What's it going to take Michael for the bulk of the US media to investigate this story properly.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, I'm glad you singled out The Atlantic because it's been one of the biggest advocates of censorship in the United States. It's a deeply snobby, elitist publication that thinks that the American people can't be trusted to make their own minds up. It believes that committees of experts to decide what we're allowed to see and say and read and hear online. And it's quite shocking. It's very much against the American tradition. An answer to your question, I think that you know, clearly there has to be the voters have to express their preference for freedom at the ballot box. You know, it used to be twenty five thirty years ago when I first was involved in political work, that the media would change its mind and then the politicians or the voters would follow them. At this point, the media are the most dogmatic institution in society. They're basically the brains of the Democratic Party. There's really in fact, they're much more ideological than most democratic politicians, in part because they there's no consequence for them to be so dogmatic, and so what you end up seeing is that you see politicians needing to correct either their abuses, such as defunding the police or demanding censorship. And it's the media that ends up following in the will of the people and the voters. So I think that's ultimately we need a correction at the ballot box.
Speaker 4: Now, let's talk about Brazil.
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court there has upheld a ban on social media site X formally Twitter, effectively shutting out more than two hundred million people from using the popular app. We've seen mass protests in the country in recent months, and Michael, I do wonder whether shutting down X is really about stopping further dissent, because under Elon Musk, X has become a place where you can question the narrative, you can share information that perhaps in the past would have been suppressed. How do you see what's happening in Brazil right now?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, I think a lot of people, you know, greatly wonder why Brazil's you know important. You know, people might think it has nothing to do with them. I think that we should look at Brazil's laboratory for how totalitarian sensors and censorship advocates would like to do around the world. In fact, they've made it very clear that they want to do what Brazil's doing. Brazil is no longer a free country. It's illegal to go on to.
Speaker 6: The app X.
Speaker 14: Shocking to believe, but you can't go on X. All of the other social media platforms, including Google and Facebook and Instagram have bowed down to the government's demands. The government demands were extremely radical and extreme. They were basically demanding that politicians that they don't like and journalists that they don't like, not just that some of their content be censored, but that they be banned from those platforms and from every platform. So what you see here is really the nineteen eighty four that George Orwell warned about, where the government would control all the different media and including social media, deciding what cannon can't be said publicly. It's extremely concerning, and of course Brazil itself is a big, powerful country. It's the sixth largest country by size, it's two hundred and fifty million people. But I think more than that, they're testing, you know, what will be allowed. But I think it's I think I also feel comfortable at this point saying that Brazil is no longer a democracy, that it's.
Speaker 6: A dictatorship of basically two men, President Lula and the.
Speaker 14: Supreme Court Justice alessandri Jimo Rice, who has been issuing these edicts, most of which are illegal, in other words, that violate the Brazilian constitutions. So it's hard to overstate how serious and terrifying what happened. What's happening in Brazil. It's certainly what many of the people in our countries Australia, the United States, Canada, Europe. It's something that many people in our own countries would like to see the government do here.
Speaker 3: Well, that is the problem, because you do say often even people in the media cheering for more censorship, for more.
Speaker 4: Restrict on free.
Speaker 3: Speech, what do you say to those on the left who think this sort of Brazilian style censorship that we have seen in recent weeks couldn't happen in a place like in America. We do have people like a legal scholar Jonathan Thurly, warning that the Harris Walls Alliance is the most anti free speech ticket of a major party in more than two centuries.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty four election is not far away. If we do have a Kamala Harris government.
Speaker 3: Do you expect to see a further assault against free speech?
Speaker 14: I do, and we should all be very concerned about that. You know, the three big things that the Brazilian government did, which was to demand censorship of so called election misinformation, to deplatform disfavored politicians and journalists, and then to seek cross platform bans, in other words, banning people not just from one social media platform but.
Speaker 6: From all of them.
Speaker 14: All three of those are things that Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz have endorsed. Tim Waltz in December twenty twenty two called for the censoring of election, of so called election misinformation, misinformation of courses entirely in the eyes.
Speaker 6: Of the beholder.
Speaker 14: Misinformation just means information that I don't agree with or I don't think is accurate. But Kamala Harris in twenty nineteen repeatedly called for Trump to be banned from Twitter and from every other social media platform.
Speaker 6: And she said that those platforms need to be regulated.
Speaker 14: And she's not the only Democrat that's advocated for that. The biggest, the strongest case for censorship, sadly, was made by former President Barack Obama at Stanford in the spring of twenty twenty two, right before the Biden administration announced its Orwellian Ministry of Truth the Disinformation Governance Board. So, unfortunately, Democrats are absolutely obsessed with censorship. They want to see it, they want to see the Europeans do it, they want to see.
Speaker 6: The Brazilians do it.
Speaker 14: We've now tomorrow we'll be publishing evidence that the US government has funded censorship activities in Brazil. So yeah, I think you should be people should be very worried that Kamala Harris and Tim Wallas's president and vice president would really try to crank up the censorship industrial complex and work with other countries including Brazil, Australia, Europe, Canada to impose this tutalitarian censorship regime on the entire planet, which sadly is something that you can do in the age of the Internet, since we all get our information from the Internet, there's a number of there's only a few number of big platforms, and they want to control all of them.
Speaker 3: And that censorship is often paid for by the taxpayer, so the taxpayer is funding their own muzzling.
Speaker 4: It's really quite perverse. Before you go, the isn't.
Speaker 3: Far away, how much election interference do you expect to see from the elite, the swamp, the whatever you want to call them, The powerful and influential, from big tech to intelligence agencies, and even the mainstream media, which are some of them are just a barracking for one side and ignoring stories that may hurt the Democrats. We've seen that just this week.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely right.
Speaker 15: Read.
Speaker 14: I think that the disinformation by the elites on behalf of the Democrats never really stopped after twenty twenty. You know, everybody saw that the media insisted that Joe Biden was perfectly fine and that anybody who said differently was a far right extremist. And then the debate occurred, and then they were all caught embarrassed, and then they quickly reversed on a diamond said that Biden had to go and that he had to be removed in a very undemocratic way. So Kamala Harris was never selected or elected by the Democratic primary voters. It's just wave after wave of propaganda for Kamala Harris right now. It's basically only positive for Kamala Harris and the media and only negative for Donald Trump. The media traditionally would be where you would expect to find information about what the candidates would do. The media are just obsessed with things like the kind of foods that Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz make and kind of idiotic, superficial banter, you know, dumb branding exercises anything to avoid serious conversation of the biggest issues facing the country, which are obviously inflation, the migration crisis, seemingly endless wars abroad, and no real leadership at home. So unfortunately the media have descended into the propaganda apparatus that George Orwell feared, and the media is not satisfied with being able to just you know, basically, you know, do propaganda. They also want to censor any accurate information, alternative sources of information that people might get through social media. So it's a really tutulitarian instinct and desire for control that gets It's always there, but it's particularly acute in the run up to elections.
Speaker 3: Oh it, control is the key word there, and it's I think why they hate Elon Musk so much because he's bought a platform where you can question the dominant narrative and share opinions without fearing you're going to be banned, censored, or suppressed. Michael Schellenberger, you do spectacular work. Thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 14: Thanks for having me Rita and still to come.
Speaker 4: I'm joined by an inspirational business woman.
Speaker 3: You is sick and tired of white leftist activists and they're patronizing treatment of black fight.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: My next guest is an African entrepreneur who has some firm beliefs on the whole White Women for Kamala movement. She believes economic freedom is the answer to poverty and blaming racism for everything is a trap. She believes that a nation could only prosper when it's leaders no history, understand economics and lead with integrity. Maggett Wade is the director of the Center for African Prosperity at the Atlas Network. She's appeared in Ted Talks podcasts for the likes of Jordan Peterson and Lex Friedman, and the Faces of X series on race and capitalism, and you book The Heart of a Cheetah, How We Have Been Like To about African poverty and what that means for human flourishing is out now. Maggatt Wade joins me now fantastic.
Speaker 4: To have you with us.
Speaker 3: You've argued that Africa's problems are not due to colonialism, corruption or even bad leaders So why is the continent afflicted with so much poverty and what could be done to lift millions out of that poverty.
Speaker 9: First of all, thank you so much for having me retay, It's an honor and a pleasure. So yes, I do make the case that Africa is not the poorest region in the world because of colonialism or corruption per se, or even the leadership. To me, I go back to basic principles. Poverty is solved by prosperity. Prosperity is built by entrepreneurs. What do entrepreneurs need? They need an enabling business environment. Yet when you look there, you realize that Africa is the most of a regulated region in the world. What in plain English language it translates into is that the African region is where many countries do not afford their citizens there would be wealth creators aka entrepreneurs. That's a region in the world where they have the least economic freedom economic freedom index after another, one of them being the doing business of a world of a gold bank, another one being the heritage you know, economic freedom index all of those indexes but measure how hard or easy it is to start and run a business anywhere in the world. Systematically show what this what it is that I have gone through as an entrepreneur on the ground in Africa and always being able to compare it to also being an entrepreneur in a in the origin nation like America. What these indexes show time time after time, year after year after year, is that it is harder to do business in almost anywhere in Subsiaran Africa than it is anywhere in Scandinavia. In other plain English words, Scandinavian nations are more capitalist than most African nations.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And you've also made the point that blaming racism for everything is a trap for black people and that they need to be aware of that and have conversations around that.
Speaker 4: It's an uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Conversation for many, particularly in the West, where identity politics and victimhood narratives have really taken a firm hold. How is that reality check on race being received. Do you get a lot of backlash from US UK when you make statements like that, or.
Speaker 9: I don't get the backlash only from the US. From the UK, I get it also from my fellow black people in Africa. You know, remember Africa is home to ninety representatives of a black race, and they too too often seem to have the same issue.
Speaker 11: You know, we are stuck, We are.
Speaker 9: Stuck in the paradigm of oh, we can't amount to much because of racism. And as usual I call yes on that.
Speaker 11: You know, I do. I'm sorry, we do know that.
Speaker 9: And so the problem I have with you putting your position yourself in a position of victimhood. First of all, you have to understand that I was very much raised with this concept and this mantra of criticized by creating.
Speaker 11: It's Michelangelo's to start with.
Speaker 9: But it's this very idea that if the only valid way of criticism, of criticizing anything is by offering an alternative to that problem, it doesn't necessarily.
Speaker 11: Have to be the right solution.
Speaker 9: But like my father would say, he would say, don't come to me with your problems.
Speaker 11: I want to know that you have thought of solutions.
Speaker 9: And I don't need you to necessarily have a right solution, but I just want to know that you are in solutions mode, because guess what, when you are in solutions mode, you are in I own my agency mode and that's the only mode from which any solution can come from.
Speaker 11: And so that's a trap. When when I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when you think you're you're destined to be a victim your whole life because of the color of your skin, it can be a self fulfilling prophecy before you go. The white Woman for Kamala movement was launched, We saw that zoom call featuring hundreds of white females giving each other tips on how to not speak over misrepresent black people.
Speaker 4: Is that the quick look?
Speaker 15: BIPARC women have tapped us in as white women to step up, listen and get involved the selection season as weight women, we need to use our privilege to make positive changes. If you find yourself talking over or speaking for BIPARK individuals or god forbid, correcting them, just take a bit and instead we can put our listening ears on.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh ah, what do you think of that whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, White women for Kamala, the not talking over BIPOC women always having this instruction all about how to deal with black folk.
Speaker 4: How do the modern democrats view black people? In your opinion?
Speaker 9: Well, you see, for me and I had This is an argument online with some people who are like, oh, we're just trying to help you, you need to take the help. And I'm like, so, for me, it's not so much democrats, it's so much Republicans. It's I am quite frankly disgusted and this woman makes me want to vomit.
Speaker 11: As I was watching this again, I was.
Speaker 9: Just like, oh, and first of all, do not proceed to call me by pack or any other words like that, please.
Speaker 11: And really always it's disgusting.
Speaker 9: So that video, you know what I see, Rita, I see this is how to handle a monkey. This is how you deal with a monkey.
Speaker 11: And I'm not a monkey, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: So your condescension, I will always have an I don't care.
Speaker 4: Who you are.
Speaker 9: I don't need your condcide, your condescension, And that's what disgusts me in all of this. Look at her, I mean, just look at her.
Speaker 4: But the yeah, I'm with you a thousand percent.
Speaker 3: As a bipopwoman or whatever they call us, the way they speak to some ethnic minorities and particularly black folk, it is, it is just so condescending and just drips of the bigotry of low expectations. We've loved having you on the program. Maget I, we'll speak to you again. Thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much for having me qureciate it.
Speaker 3: And that's it from May. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow Night with Douglas Murray.
Speaker 4: Good night,