Speaker 1: I'm going to an owl three sixty regul league from every angle joining me in the Great Gordon tell us it's been the general Australian James Hooper and Michael carry on us and what a huge week it has been. And guess what to talk about DC again? But what about the reaction? You guys have watched it from more close close, But I was gonna say from afar, but you can't avoid this situation.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it? Hoops? Oh?
Speaker 3: Huge week.
Speaker 4: I think it's opened up a lot of old wounds at the Manly Seagulls because we always seem to see with contracts and DCE that he has got a history of generating a lot of headlines. So I know amongst a lot of the ex players there's been a lot of talking behind the scenes and it's polarized a lot of people.
Speaker 5: There's plenty of intrigue around it, obviously, how it played out and the reasons for DCE leaving it and what his future may be next. It has asked a lot of questions in and around the Manly Club and the game as a whole.
Speaker 2: You any clearly we've been here for days now.
Speaker 6: That suit breathe I love it.
Speaker 7: The brown no brown.
Speaker 6: Look, you don't know where it's that Manly dce, but you know he's not going to do this if he doesn't have a club to go to.
Speaker 7: So that's where he's going to land. But why did it happen?
Speaker 1: I suppose Who's what we've heard today or what you've heard is he actually asked for a release maybe once even twice last year or was it just the one time?
Speaker 2: And we'll talk us through that.
Speaker 4: It feels as though this story has been brewing for a long time. So Dalley definitely went to the Manly Seagulls in the off season of twenty twenty four and actually asked for a release then, so it was a tick over twelve months ago. I believe he unasked put that request forward once, but certainly rival clubs are aware of it, and now that this is all blown up the way that it has, it's become a discussion point. Mainly as far as I'm aware, have obviously kiboshed that and rejected it because he played there all of last season. But it does feels now that we know that, it feels as though this hasn't been a snap decision or this hasn't been a decision that he's only been sitting on for three or four months.
Speaker 3: So what has just been ongoing?
Speaker 6: What is a guy that had a ten year deal pretty much their captain want that?
Speaker 2: What went so wrong?
Speaker 4: I think Gordon, when you peel it all back and cut through all the BS, I actually think it's all about money.
Speaker 3: And I don't have a beef with that.
Speaker 4: I don't begrudge players earning as much as they possibly can in the short career window that they have. But if you really want to cut through all the red tape and all the BS that's been spun and flippered and gone over this week, I think the reality is that Mainly could only afford to offer DC around seven hundred thousand dollars a season on the open market. You look at Dylan Brown, he's getting one point three. I think that's turned his head. And I think even prior to that, I think he's gone, you know what, I can go somewhere else A lot.
Speaker 2: I think it goes both ways a bit.
Speaker 1: They've low board, if if at all, I think mainly were unsure even if they wanted to resign him so and he's felt disrespected.
Speaker 2: In my opinion.
Speaker 5: You think seven fifty is a low board breath like seven fifty seven hundred. They did not from contract, but this week they did. This week they did. His decision was already made, it was made right. But my point, I'm not a low board. They haven't actually offered him anything. They have an off himunity, yeah, but they haven't lowboard, and they haven't come and said he's a five hundred thousand dollars contract.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is that the fact they didn't offer him anything, and talking about DC and his character and his standards and the way that he is as a human being, he's felt disrespected. So he's just made that call really early. And whether he's asked for a release because of that really thought. You know what, these guys don't really value me, they don't want me. They're not even putting an offer forward to me, so why not go somewhere else?
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 5: What the thing that mainly should have done differently is put a formal offer on the table when they thought they had that opportunity, not this week. Should have been done a month or two ago, only for twelve months, just to put the ball back in Daily's favor and see what he wanted to do and come back to him with a formal answer. The fact they didn't give him a formal offer until this week, I can't understand why he's been agreeable.
Speaker 1: They were waiting to see if any other clubs had put a formal offer to him. With all due respect, I think Daily has just thought, well, I'm the haven't told them. They probably have had formal offers. They just haven't gone back to mainly because his decision was already made.
Speaker 4: Well clearly though, if he has gone to the club a tick over twelve months ago and asked for that release, stand you don't ask for a release unless you've got somewhere else to go, So at that point in time, there has still been another club who was going to be at the table with a significant amount of money. I think Daly's a sharp character, right. He's been around the game fifteen seasons. He understands the business side of it, and he understands his own market value. I think he's looked at what other players in key positions are earning, and I think he thought, you know what, everything I'll put into this game.
Speaker 3: As much as he is manly, I think he feels as.
Speaker 2: Did manly really did they really want him? Though?
Speaker 1: Because the feeling is long, the longer the drags out. You know, we were quite focused on DC when it first broke because we were shocked, but we didn't know the background. Now we know the background, it feels to me like mainly didn't really show any urgency and did they really.
Speaker 5: Want him and how much did they value I don't think they're doing Kyle Wills that is out the door break, I think.
Speaker 8: I don't think that happened. I don't think they happen. No, No, I don't think they're happy that he's going. I think.
Speaker 5: Well, I think, as I said before, I think if they had their time over again, they would have put a formal offer to him.
Speaker 2: But to me, they're not happy.
Speaker 1: If they're not worried, then if they had their time again, would they put a manly thought manly thought.
Speaker 5: I'm not Let's be clear. I'm not saying they're happy that he's leaving. They're unhappy about it. They would love to keep him for twelve more months and assess it year by year.
Speaker 2: So why didn't they do it?
Speaker 4: Because I think what they were led to believe over the course of December that in all likelihood Daily was either going to retire or he was going to go overseas. Now they were conveniently so they have conveniently believed that because maybe they were beginning to plan for life after Daily. But I think once he started the season in such red hot form, and I mean he's a captain of the club, he's the most cat player in the history of the Seagulls, I'm still stunned that he's not going to be there. But I think they realized the magnitude of it, and clearly they knew that they needed to get a formal offer on the time.
Speaker 6: But surely if he asked for a release and then he said and like, you haven't gone to him from December, there's got to be something wrong and there's no pipeline. So there's what seven hundred thousand to go replace Daly Cherry Evans?
Speaker 7: Is that the money they got there? So there's no planning then, well, no.
Speaker 4: Forward planned in the They've got a couple of good young kids that they.
Speaker 5: Think are going to be long term first graders, but I don't think they're going to be ready next year. That's the that's the issue that mainly faced now do they move Tom Travoivage, do they look to the open markets on Adam Reynolds to.
Speaker 4: Potentially That's when the talk is that they could potentially move Loue.
Speaker 1: It's a big change for time and no one's really spoken about it in detail. But you know, from fullback to defending at three, which is what you do in the halves and having to make decisions and release quickly and look at you cover your in So I try to work with defenders either side of if it's not something you just do over an open.
Speaker 2: Game, you know, kicking game.
Speaker 1: He'd be great for a kick chase, he'd be great runner of the balls are half. But it's a huge transition and he's not like Blockier in months, so he's a different player. You know, he's a very different player and he's very energy, but he's probably different the g he's probably more similar to very injury prone to.
Speaker 5: Organize, organize a lot of the attack instructure at mainly at the moment. Apparently he's got a real voice in there in terms of their game on the field. I know Dale is obviously the premier playmaker, but he has a lot of.
Speaker 2: Same don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I think he will be a very very good half like he's Tom Jaboye, which you could put him anywhere, and I think you'll do a great job there.
Speaker 2: But it's not going to be that easy now DC.
Speaker 1: He's been paid huge cash over fifteen years hoops And is there only a resentment from former teammate to all?
Speaker 4: I think there's resentment definitely from X Manly players who've bled for that jumper and won premierships with that jumper. Well, because if you go back the twenty sixteen when DC did the backflip on the Gold Coast Titans, there are a lot of players like that Manly roster, and they won a couple of comps, said one one in two thousand and eight, they had won one in twenty eleven. Ultimately that ended up getting torn apart, and at the central to it, a lot of it was Daily and the fact that his agents at the time were constantly agitating four more money. So I think that certainly amongst some of the retired champions, I don't think they've got too much of a high opinion of where Daily sits. I know that a lot of people in the game do have plenty of respect for him, and I also think amongst the dressing room.
Speaker 3: Right now, surely there are cracks.
Speaker 4: In that dressing room right now, because well, the players that have bled for that jumper.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking the question left for that jumper too.
Speaker 4: New Blokes played new Blake's played right, So someone who's been at your club.
Speaker 6: Wasn't going to play against me. He was going to rugby and he said that we were going to stay together. Of course, it hurts like.
Speaker 7: When you lose someone that's a close mate.
Speaker 4: And so would you feel if Alfie or Kevy did that when you're at the Broncos, how would you feel?
Speaker 6: I think you'd be let down because that's the only reason I went to play for Brisbane. And there'd be a lot of guys that have stayed because of DC and they you know what it is, a captain of the club and all that, because like that's who you look too.
Speaker 3: Really, what about you bring forth?
Speaker 4: There's still twenty five games to go for the rest of this season.
Speaker 3: How would you feel?
Speaker 1: I think a lot of it depends on situations, Like you know, if a player, if a group wants to stay together and and win a premiership, a lot of players will take certain pay cuts or you know, I don't know what's going on there, but a lot of players will get together and go, okay, we want to we want to work together here to win a comp.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what happened back in the day.
Speaker 1: So I can understand that because it kind of happened. We meet the bulldogs, you know, a lot of us till pay cuts, and then in the end a couple of guys left, and then you know, we he had players taking pay cuts and a few blokes who were who'd kind of left, well was one of them, you know, and then the guys ended up believing. So then you look back and go, well, hang on, you know, it's kind of you know, well, I could have still been at the club. And also, you know, a few guys probably got moved on as well to keep these two big signings, you know who left early.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to know.
Speaker 1: Names because it's a bit disrespectful, but it does happen, right and I left, So I don't know if it caused any unrest or not, but I mean it could. It does have the possibility to do that. I just think that you know that they do respect him. I know that DC had has spoken because a lot of people a little bit. He had spoken to the Tchapoevic brothers before he announced it on TV, like the senior players, to tell them that he was going to tell publicly say that he wasn't going to be there next year. So you know there's an element of respect there that he's given them the heads up before the decision was made. I can't speak for him all the team because I don't know where they're at inside.
Speaker 7: You can't fight the Drouvich boys. I think bulldogs.
Speaker 6: I don't know how long ago they offered pretty much both of them the farm, so they wouldn't back more money to stay, so like they would feel that way. And if you look at the bloke here Cooper Kronk and Cameron Smith, like when they left, like there was a split in the Melbourne film, that's the most recent big guy big player and the big three to leave a club like it does happen.
Speaker 2: One thing that kind of hasn't been spoken of me. It could part of this.
Speaker 1: Shit fight be driven by warring managers Joe Weeby and Isaac Moses. Now, can you just explain the background between these two agents who they look after and what's kind of happened here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fascinating story and subplot.
Speaker 4: So these two used to be thick as thieves. They are essentially business partners. Isaac's obviously extremely well known in the game.
Speaker 3: Joe Weebe is often referred to.
Speaker 4: As the football whisperer or the halves whisperer, and he infiltrated the game. I think it was back with the Broncos actually, when Wayne was still up there. They had a spectacular bust up and finished up in the Supreme Court. That was settled out of court because there was a risk that a lot of big name players, Cameron Smith, James Tedesco, all of their contracts could have all of a sudden been brought up in this court case. So Isaac actually paid Joe to settle it. They split. Joe now looks after Daily, right, so he manages the affairs of Daily, whereas Isaac has Anthony Sebold and a hell of a lot of other players on the left.
Speaker 1: Isaac to go with Web as well, correct, and Web has Robson at the Roosters. Yeah, and is it fair to say that these two don't have a good relationship at all?
Speaker 2: After that?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't I think they're off completely. I wouldn't think they're speaking.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you know, I spoke to a couple of player agents after the show last night, and a few of them believe that there's a lot more to this, you know, this could you know. I hear what they're saying, and I respect what they're saying, and it could possibly have an impact on it. But I also think DC is a great and he's smart enough to not let an agent where he goes.
Speaker 2: I know, but.
Speaker 1: Subconsciously I look at this too goody body. Subconsciously, if you've got an agent who is pushing you in one direction and he's telling you that you know the club's done wrong by you, there's a better opportunity else where. Yadadada can enter your mind when you wanted to, It can influence you. So I believe, I believe this is some sort of influence there. And this is this is not just two agents not getting along. This is the Supreme Court, right And this is an agent who's got the head coach Sea Bowl at Many and then key players at the Roosters and rumors of him going there. So there is a connection, and there's a bit of a rivalry.
Speaker 2: That that's behind the scenes here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, they don't get along. I'd think it would be a lifetime feud. And look, you'd like to think Daily is old enough and ugly enough, and he's burned around the lock enough. I don't think that he would let that influenced his decision, but I do, But I do believe that when you join all those dots, it does begin to and peel back the layers.
Speaker 3: It does begin to explain.
Speaker 4: Why there may have been some ill feeling and why they've ended up going in different directions.
Speaker 3: And Daily is now going to walk out.
Speaker 1: There, and also I think strengthens that link to the russ Yes, when you peel it all back, yep, all right, the two most powerful negotiators, they're trying to get him. They hate losing, and these two could end up going toe to toe the art of the deal. If you talk about negotiations and you talk about getting deals done, there are no better than these two heavyweights of our game.
Speaker 2: Feel Good and Nick Politis.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing that here we are now both searching for a number seven, both in a position of power, and both the best negotiators Our game is probably ever seen or close to it, and could well be going head to head here to get the signature of DC and.
Speaker 5: They're finally back on after a long I'm.
Speaker 2: So sure about that me.
Speaker 3: I don't know if i'd say, because they.
Speaker 8: Hadn't spoken for years and then cross pass and.
Speaker 1: They had a big fall now, so I don't know where they're at the moment, so that that adds some intrigue to it as well. I think they have crossed. Pasm in Vegas said the Nines. They's a bit more civil than I'm not so sure. It was high fives and you know, let's go.
Speaker 4: They hadn't spoken since the Latrell Mitchell Joey Marnho fall out between the Russes in the South.
Speaker 3: I look at some of these names.
Speaker 4: So in terms of Nick and the signatures that he's secured over the years. Freddie Fitler all the way back in ninety six. Gus also came with him at the time. Sunny Bill Williams back from rugby union. That was a huge deal because he'd been banned from the NRL for a long period of time after the way he walked out on the game. James Tedesco from the West Tigers and of course the Cooper Kronk coup that led the two premierships over to the Bulldogs and Canterbury Banks Down and August at Penrith as well. Freddie Fittler, Matt Burton, Villi Army kick Our. Cameron Serraldo is a big one what he's achieved.
Speaker 1: He was the most short how many clubs were chasing him at the time, all.
Speaker 4: Of them know, every club that was looking for a coach wanted him because he was the hottest young gun coach on the market. And Stephen Crichton is a big one too.
Speaker 2: They very rarely missed these two.
Speaker 1: And the reason we bring this up is not because that DC's definitely going on either of these two clubs, but they are the two favorites right now and they've got the two of the most powerful figures in our game and best negotiators. That could end up in a bit of a slinging match. So get the popcorn out. This could be exciting.
Speaker 4: Well, you're talking about the art of the deal, Braith, these two and what they've been able to do for their respective clubs over the years. They are the best negotiators in rugby league, second to none. Both of them out there fight tooth and nail through the Super League War. So they have so many years of experience. They've negotiated with everybody from James Packard, Alan Jones, you name it, across the years. This will be a fascinating battle because when it comes to closing a deal, there's a view that Gus and Nick there's not a.
Speaker 3: Lot between them.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I've actually previously heard Nick say, you think Gus is the best closer?
Speaker 6: He said off the top of the shower. Comes down to money. So who's got more money to spend?
Speaker 8: I think the question would have more than the Boardogs at the moment.
Speaker 5: I think the Roosters would with all the players that they've lost. They've signed Reese Robson for next year, but the Dogs have already signed Leo Thompson on a tight salary cap, so they wouldn't have as much wiggle room as the Rooster.
Speaker 6: So when it comes down to who do you think is going to win a camp? Does DC really want to win another comp? It's got to be part of.
Speaker 3: His Yeah, he's a professional. Of course he's going to want to.
Speaker 2: Win and he probably wants to stay in Sydney.
Speaker 1: There is a talk of Queensland and no one's Bonny Mean's ruling that out. But DC very happy in the Northern Beaches. He's got I think three daughters. Is it that they will go to school in the northern Beaches. He's I think his partners from Sydney, I believe. I'm not sure on that one, but I know they're very settled. So the whole fascination around Queensland maybe ten years.
Speaker 7: Ago up there.
Speaker 2: To guys, it's interesting.
Speaker 7: School in Queensland. Yes, I didn't go off a lot of girls.
Speaker 2: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 4: If you speak to people north of the border, right, they're all very bullish.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he's going to the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: So they believe they're more for the border.
Speaker 4: The majority of view is that absolutely, they say will.
Speaker 3: Beat the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Because his old man played at the club, he was a junior at Redcliffe.
Speaker 3: There is family history there there.
Speaker 5: It comes back to your question you asked Gordy around does he want to win a premiership? Because if he does, you're going to the Roosters or the Bulldogs well ahead of the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: And what's in their favor as opposed to the Dolphins is that premiership we gave but also there's still got.
Speaker 2: A lot of money.
Speaker 6: But why we've rutten off mainly if you look at the droid, which is if you look at how young and fast they are, they've got enough talent.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not writing mainly off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without.
Speaker 8: The comition, I disagree.
Speaker 4: Look, it's a possibility, it was a possibility prior to this.
Speaker 3: I actually think this now right.
Speaker 4: I understand the reasoning behind why Daily has done what he's done, but I think it causes to the point that your Blake's alluded to earlier, I do think it can cause irrefutable damage inside the.
Speaker 1: Dress because of what you're putting the line through them there going.
Speaker 4: I don't think they can win the com off the back of It's going.
Speaker 5: To cause them more grief, is tanelor forcas see the ending injury because their weakness is their strength in the middle, and he was one of the pillows.
Speaker 4: With all due respect, yes that's going to hurt, but not as much as the captain and the Blake has played more games than any jumper. It doesn't matter the fact that he's walking out the door. What message is that sending to the rest of the group. It doesn't want to be with.
Speaker 3: Him this season.
Speaker 8: You're not going to see him turn his up. Believe he's going to start. He'll pay the champion that he is, and I think will be fine.
Speaker 1: They're still going to prove themselves that they can play like they do at four pointswhere. They've got to beat the top teams away from four points as well that they are very good.
Speaker 8: If they run hot, I think they could win the comp.
Speaker 2: At the right time, at the right time.
Speaker 1: We're talking of signings with DC leaving will mainly look to extend Turbo and Jake's deals. Is Jake said to take a bit of a haircut?
Speaker 4: Maybe, well, this is going to be the next big story out of the Northern Beaches break is both Tom and Jake are off at the end of twenty six, so come November one, they are open to offers from rival clubs. Will Jake take a haircut? Look at his age and given everything that he's already done for that club, I'm sure that they want to pay him the utmost respect, but you would think sanity would suggest that given where he's at, he's.
Speaker 2: Going to have to take a more.
Speaker 1: He's definitely taking He's taking a pat then has what's he worth now?
Speaker 8: So manly, I don't know he'd be worth the sixers.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, there's a lot of the clubs that might pay him a bit more.
Speaker 8: For one year at the back end of his career. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you couldn't see Jake leaving.
Speaker 7: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: You know how much that jumper in that club means to him. I couldn't see Jake he take ahead, he would, he would absolutely, it's a big haircut.
Speaker 2: But what sort of haircut? The ones like you two?
Speaker 7: One too? Straight down?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Wayne Benett has hit out at the inn Roll claiming the contract the contract bombshells have overshadowed the game in the opening rounds.
Speaker 2: Take a look.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 9: No, I just enjoyed the entertainment that's provide for everybody else in the game. The critic the sillinger of us as a game were allowed that to happen. It does nothing for the game. There's nothing for the club. Yeah, it's it's wrong and I wish we'd fix it. Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely we hit the self destruct. But we're four weeks in a football season which has already provided some great football the whole focus is on, you know, what a couple of players have done, so clubs have done whatever, whatever the case. I'm not putting blame on either part, but it just shouldn't happen. Shouldn't shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Speaker 1: The master coach there is, Wayne Bennett, believes we shouldn't be in this position right now.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't happen. He's got a fair point.
Speaker 7: I mean, is that for the coaches as well the last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll dive into this now, but he makes a fair point. All the attention this week and you know, and for the next few weeks is going to be on DCU, and it's going to take away from the spectacle, which is our amazing game, which for the first three rounds has been spectacular. So it's a fair point. How do you guys see it?
Speaker 8: It is a fair point.
Speaker 5: As you said, we've hit the self destruct button and fans don't like it.
Speaker 8: Fundamentally.
Speaker 5: Fans don't like it when you know their player is signing elsewhere or moving on elsewhere and they've got to watch him for twelve months. As a from a journalistic point of view, I love November one, right, because we get to talk about it and speculate and go through it all season. But I can understand why fans aren't happy with it. Will a trade window work on?
Speaker 8: I don't know. We had to drine thirty before and that was a joke.
Speaker 5: You know, we all know that was a myth and July one, all these players were signing left, right, and center.
Speaker 8: So what a trade window work? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've seen Dylan Brown Bird at Combat Stadium. Will be interesting to see what sort of reception daily Jerry Evans gets at four points Sunday. But there's no question if you look at the overseas sports they do run it a lot smoother with the way that they roll with trade windows, whether it's the NFL, NBA, other codes here. I can understand where Wayne's coming from. But I'm bugging if I know what the solution is because every time that we raise it, do you end up getting all these different arguments from various vested interests in the game, and no one ever seems to have the perfect solution. They've tried a draft previously that was challenged in court and failed, So how do you fix it?
Speaker 6: It all depends what hat you got on. As a fan, I don't like it. As a player, I knew where I was going and I didn't have the options that players are having these days. But as a player, now, do you need to know where you're going to get your kids in school and all that kind of.
Speaker 2: Stucket As a TV host, no, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't like coming in here at work and taking away from the game. It doesn't change my life talking about where players are going to play. But as a fan, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm with Gordy and I think because you know, this is one instance, probably as an ex player, where you feel it a bit more because you know, we are all about the fans. He shows all about the fans. That's why we do it. The broadcast of Fox Leagues all about the fans. We wanted to be the best spectacle. We want everyone to watch you when everyone to enjoy it and have a great time and celebrate the game and the players. But you also got to look from a players perspective, and you know you look at that's the point. Yeah, you look at even Dylan Brown for example, which no one's going to feel sorry for him, but like he signs a thirty million dollar deal. If there's no trade window and he gets injured this year playing for Parrel, he may be a bad example.
Speaker 2: But just to give you an.
Speaker 1: Example, you know that thirty dollars thirty million, million dollar deal.
Speaker 2: Is not there.
Speaker 1: He may be on four or five hundred for three years. It's a big significant difference. There's a lot of players that if they secure their future, they've got kids, they've got wives, they've got houses and mortgages. Not everyone's on one point five million dollars. By the way, there's players on three hundred two fifty four fifty take tax.
Speaker 2: Away from that.
Speaker 1: They're trying to you know, set their family up or at least be able to own a home by the time they're finished. There's no security whatsoever, and a career only lasts, you know, on average, two to three or four years for a first go Wleague player. You know, so to not know where you're going to go, and to get to just a two week or three week or four week window when you could be going it with an ACL done at the back end of the season and you've got no money on the table, you know, there's there's a high risk for players, and there's a high risk e each time they step on that field, unfortunately for the fans and everyone who doesn't like it. They've got to protect the players in some way. You know, there's got to be some advantage there to the player.
Speaker 4: But what do you Your point is, Brath, are you saying you're okay with this current system?
Speaker 1: Listen, it's not ideal, But I don't think the trade window is the answer. I don't you know, I don't know what the answer is, but I think a trade window there would put a lot of players at risk, you know, of not securing their future, knowing where their future lies.
Speaker 4: You touched on how much everybody at Fox League loves the game and loves the fact that it is all about the fans. We had Peter Landi's come on this program and make that very point. If you look at the numbers in recent times, the television ratings off the charts, right, and the reason is because the fans are riding the wave of every week towards every game, all the nuances, all the drama, all the for everything. This is my point this week, I think, right. I've often heard Maddie John say that Aby League is theater for blokes and this is all part of the intrigue. Now, whether it's right or wrong, and whether it's the best possible system, I'm not sure, but I know that on building sites and at pubs and clubs all around Australia.
Speaker 6: For year Blue White Rouver like there was optimism with it right and then Penetha disappointed. So I get all that. I get like there's a set of fans, but maybe it's just all the clauses so every year and it can drag out, like the bloke's coming off contract next year and we're talking about like maybe maybe it's.
Speaker 7: The length that we talk about.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe I mean instead of saying whether it's six months or four, I don't know how big the window is. So there's a long time to get the deal in. But we're talking about a bloke that can't move till two.
Speaker 1: You it's worth a definite discussion if hopefully we can find a solution with everyone's happy. But to be honest, I don't think that's ever going to be the case. So yeah, it's a tricky one. Now, Well, the Knights make a play for Brown to move early. We know, we spoke about it with Jimmy Graham suggesting it. We had HEINDI saying last night, but he thinks should he should go early, but he's it a releasting chance of actually happening.
Speaker 5: Not yet great, but I think before June thirty it could play out because you look at the Paramatta situation at the moment. Obviously Dylan Brown's on big money, is not performing there. They're hampered a little bit because of Mitch Moses' injury. So I think once Mitch Moses comes back and get a gauge on to see how they're performing, it could happen. On the flip side, you've got the Newcastle Knights too, you know, think they'll be in finals contention, and they're optimistic the fact that Dylan's not playing well. They believe that you get him to that club and you've got Kaylon Ponger and a few others in there, that he would lift his game.
Speaker 4: But Newcastle would have to to be able to make for.
Speaker 8: Sure, for sure, they have to make it relevant.
Speaker 2: Have we heard anything from Paramatta whether new.
Speaker 3: Car I think they're having conversations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, obviously to the next point they want. They obviously had Mitchell Moses back, right, that's first things first. But I think once Mitch is back and if he's going to be okay and be able to remain on the field. And I think they look at it because it hasn't really been working so far this season, and.
Speaker 5: I would save them a fair bit in salary cap money that they can play around with it and into next season.
Speaker 2: What's this space, Jenna? Is your key player? Matchup? Sport to you by Ozzie Broadband.
Speaker 4: Battle of Brisbane Friday Night, The Fullbacks, The Hammer and Ruce Lightning.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait.
Speaker 4: That'll be an epic game because the Dolphins obviously need to get off the duck.
Speaker 8: Ye Hoops has gone to the fullbacks. I've gone the props.
Speaker 5: Throw on mate James Fisher Harris to round out the round with a blockbuster at Cameltown Beauty.
Speaker 2: Well, do I need to