Speaker 1: Late General, Welcome to the Late Pays.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Staer and Caleb Bond. Coming up a Sydney house where foreign nationals eighteen of them have racked up more than one thousand, five hundred traffic demerit points in just twelve months, more than three hundred dollars worth of fines.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 2: Plus when we get to the papers, an incredible story from Adelaide where the South Australian Police Academy's gun range has been closed after they found out.
Speaker 3: The walls were bulletproof.
Speaker 2: Plus in New South Wales, massive transmission lines going straight through a koala habitat. And how many Greenies do you reckon a chaining themselves to the trees. None because it's for renewables. All of that in the papers a little later. But first, Queensland may have a health crisis with bed shortages and chronic ambulance ramping, but not everybody is suffering. It's been revealed the former boss of the Department of Queensland Health resigned his job voluntarily in July last year and received a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars payout. Not a bad golden handshake. But wait, it gets even better. Just three weeks later, he took up a role with Gold Coast Hospital Health Service on a salary of four hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars. Now the two entities are separate, but both of them come under the umbrella of Queensland Health. The Health Minister Shannon Fenterman was asked what she thought about this, and she very helpfully replied, and I quote, I think for anyone, that's a lot of money. She can't tell you what a woman is, but she sure knows a lot of money when she sees it. She went on to say, But politicians not involved in individual public service employment contracts, nor should they be. Now, there's no suggestion that this was improper. Dr David Rosengren was in titled to the payout under his public service contract. But see that's the rub. How can bureaucrats justify such outrageous contracts when the rest of the community are doing it tough, and especially Caleb, when we all know we've got a massive hospital crisis.
Speaker 4: You would have thought, and maybe this is the first time that this has ever happened in public Service history. But you would have thought that they would write something into the contract that says if you leave one government department to go to another government entity, ie, you remain in the public service, then you don't get the payout because it's not like you're leaving the business entirely. You're simply to moving from one division of the state government to another division of the state government.
Speaker 1: You would have thought they would.
Speaker 4: Have written that in there, but clearly they haven't. So he is entitled to every single ccent of the three hundred odd grand that he collected. All I can say for him is well done. Good on you, because right time, right play him, I'd be changing job every three months, so just you know, hopping from the Gold Coast to Public Health Service, off to the Sunshine Coast and then why I go up to Townsville and Cans and god knows where else, just go do around the whole state and collect three hundred grand along the way.
Speaker 1: Good luck to him. He did it within the rules. But how have they never thought about this stuff? We always talk about the bureaucrats.
Speaker 4: Oh, the bureaucrats they can't work in and the air well, they couldn't possibly work out that someone might want to move from one part of the public service to another at some point.
Speaker 5: Where is the bureaucrats fill in that stopgap when they're the ones.
Speaker 6: Benefiting from it.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine how many bureaucrats are reading this story in the news today being like, yeah, no, what I fancy a move for myself?
Speaker 6: This is utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 5: This guy got just shy of a million dollars in the year in the financial year from twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: I mean, who the heck is worth that much?
Speaker 5: Not even the Prime Minister gets paid that kind of will. This guy's laughing all the way to the bank. And unless they do write some sort of condition into contracts in the future, what's to stop this from happening again? Because if I was a government bureaucrat and I was reading this article, I'd be rereading my contract as we speak.
Speaker 6: Just to see if this would apply to me.
Speaker 5: Because these people have no conscience when it comes to the taxpayer dollar. They simply do not care. To them, it is free money.
Speaker 6: It is not hard earned dollars earned by the sweat of millions of.
Speaker 5: People's brows, which are poured into state coffers to be squandered in such a disgusting way.
Speaker 6: We can laugh about it or we like, but it.
Speaker 5: Goes to show yet again the extent to which this utter disregard government has for taxpayer money.
Speaker 2: Well, just last night we were talking about the fact that about one hundred and forty thousand Australians are dipping into their superannuation so they can afford medical expenses. So then to wake up the next morning read this in the paper and how unimpressive is the health minister's response or that does seem like a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But I was not involved. You're the health.
Speaker 2: Minister, so sure you didn't make the decision. But Caleb's suggestion that maybe this should not be allowed to happen, we should look at the way we drop these contracts. Maybe the Health Minister should be on the front foot and say, you know what, we need to look into that. But of course it's a labor health minister, and as you've pointed out, labor are spending money, especially in Queensland, like it's confetti, and so I don't know that they're really that bothered.
Speaker 4: Well no, I mean the health minister could say I'm going to do something about it.
Speaker 1: Not it's my problem.
Speaker 4: I mean, you are the minister, You're ultimately in charge of the department. You can call the shops, to the CEO and the secretary and say how you want things to go. They would not My problem couldn't possibly have anything to do with me. I know that Shannon Vintiman didn't run the contract, but for Heaven's sake, can we stop.
Speaker 7: These things from happening?
Speaker 4: Now? I know that you watch Sky News twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 7: You've got it on in your sleep.
Speaker 4: You watch from Chris Kenny at five o'clock right through to US at ten, and then you watch Rider at eleven, and then you watch newsnight after that.
Speaker 1: I know how dedicated you are.
Speaker 4: But if you're going to rip yourself away from Sky News for an hour or two, may I recommend you watch a new documentary by Matt Walsh, who is a political commentator in the US. You may will have seen his stuff before, called Am I Racist? This has been a blockbuster at.
Speaker 1: The box office. Would you believe this is from Walsh himself?
Speaker 4: He says, Now after our second weekend, am I Racist? Remains in the box office top ten. It's the top grossing documentary of the year, top five political doco in the last decade, in three times it's a production budget. The total gross moves it up into the top forty for all docos of all time and counting. Now what mash What Matt Walsh sorry wanted to do was go around and ingratiate himself with the liberals of the world, as they call all them in the US, the leftists, to see exactly how they think about racism, because we know that they think that every white person is racist and we must atone for colonialism, etc.
Speaker 1: So he took it.
Speaker 4: Upon himself to dress up like one of these lefties and snuck into their spaces in proper borat style.
Speaker 7: Take a look at the trailer.
Speaker 8: Am I racist?
Speaker 6: I would really appreciate it if you laugh.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to learn them on this journey.
Speaker 1: Do you please leave.
Speaker 8: I'm going to sort this out. I need to go deeper undercover, so I want to be an ally. I need to look like one.
Speaker 1: What is racism?
Speaker 10: God Luiser King said not to judge people by you that The King said a lot of stuff with America inherently racist.
Speaker 4: What the hell is that?
Speaker 6: The word inherent is challenging there. America is racist to expones all of the inherently.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the entire system has to burn. And I'm not going to even use save this country. This country is not worth saving. This country is a piece of shit.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry.
Speaker 4: Now you see at the end of that trailer, that very funny scene where he drops all those plates in a dinner being hosted by a bunch of quote unquote anti racist women. He's a bit more of him pushing the boundaries. And I don't know how they didn't tell that he was a g up, but here he is at that dinner.
Speaker 10: We're all acting all the time in our lives, and I think that that's part of the problem. You know, It's like we're all trying to play a part rather than just being real and having these uncomfortable conversations. And that's what I'm always trying to tell people, especially you know, white women, no offense, no, but.
Speaker 11: See it, like you're a white dude, there's power positions, and you know it's pointing white people pointing fingers at each other is not helpful.
Speaker 10: You know, I've been on this journey for so long and just to see you guys at the table having this conversation has been really enlightening for me. Anyway, I got the certification.
Speaker 3: And I'm just on the journey.
Speaker 1: How good.
Speaker 4: Not even he could believe how much he got away with.
Speaker 5: We're you surprised by quite how far people allowed you to go before they build out or kicked you out.
Speaker 10: To answer your last question, yes, I was surprised by that.
Speaker 6: I didn't think that.
Speaker 10: I didn't know how. I thought probably after the first time I interrupted, they would kick me out, but they didn't. And it turns out that people are.
Speaker 3: You know, it's something about human psychology.
Speaker 10: People don't want to they don't they want to be the first person to speak up and say so.
Speaker 3: We kind of exploited that a little bit, I guess.
Speaker 4: But now this has only been at the cinema in the US for two weekends so.
Speaker 1: Far, and it's already done nine million.
Speaker 4: US dollars at the box office, so about eighteen million Australian dollars so far, which for a documentary is pretty much unheard of. And how interesting that the docoe that is doing so well that has propelled itself up into the top five political docum entries at the box office in the past decade is one taking the piece out of dei.
Speaker 1: Because people are waking up.
Speaker 4: It was topic d jure for the last decade, but people have woken up and they're starting to push back now, and we can see it in the numbers and the.
Speaker 2: Dollars, and that nine million dollars is not bad when it cost them three million dollars to make it.
Speaker 3: And that's just in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I read a great quote from Robin DiAngelo, who was the author of White Fragility, and of course she's featured in the movie.
Speaker 3: She's a strong anti racist and she's been.
Speaker 2: Very critical of the movie list She said, this movie was designed to humiliate and discredit anti racist educators and activists. Yes, it was designed by giving them a voice and allowing them to speak, and of course they humiliated themselves. But to Caleb's point, doesn't this demonstrate just how out of touch Hollywood is, Because for the last number of years, Hollywood have been churning out movies that nobody wants to see. There's that old adage, you know, the audience is always right. Hollywood have flipped that on its head and Hollywood act like we are always right and we're not making movies for audiences. We're making movies for audiences that we want rather than what the audiences want. These people have tapped into the common man's thoughts, the common man's ideas, and people are rushing to the cinemas to see it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'd say Hollywood's motives are far more insidious than that. When we talk about film, we are talking one of the most powerful mediums in the world today.
Speaker 6: You watch TV all the time.
Speaker 5: Tell you what, young people are glued to it, Netflix, Stan, Binge, you name it.
Speaker 6: They are constantly watching movies.
Speaker 5: Did you know the Pentagon has an entire department devoted to Hollywood, devoted to film. They dabble in it too. They help put things together, little subliminal scripts, messaging, social conditioning into these movies.
Speaker 6: If you don't believe me, google it. It's on the Pentagon website.
Speaker 5: So these conservatives starting to make films because the Daily Wire, who have made this one, also made What Is a Woman, which is famously now just a hilarious, hilarious mockumentary. Matt Walsh's same guy traveling to countries all around the world asking them.
Speaker 6: What is a woman to you?
Speaker 5: And all these countries non Western countries laughing at him, saying.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about? What do you mean? What is a woman?
Speaker 5: And giving accurate answers. But of course we in the West were so progressive. You can't say what a woman is anymore. These guys are harnessing what people actually want. They want wholesome, they want comedy, they want humor, And just like what was true centuries ago, was the court jester who could get away with speaking truth to power and keeping their lives.
Speaker 6: Nobody else could get away.
Speaker 5: With that in any court, but the jest could because he made people laugh. He always cloaked it in satire and hence lay his power. The same is still true today. These guys are speaking truth to power. They're connecting with audiences around the world who.
Speaker 6: Are sick of dei.
Speaker 5: They are sick of this what is a woman nonsense and people are voting with their feet. We saw this last year when Angel Studios released The Sound of Freedom.
Speaker 6: Which was an awesome movie.
Speaker 5: They'd produce to the tune of fourteen point five million dollars.
Speaker 6: They got two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: Million dollars at the box office. How's that for what you've forked out to make? It and what you're grossed at the box office. These are the movies that people want to see. Healthy, educational, wholesome, powerful movies that speak to you the betterment of people. Do speak about what's really going on in our world, whether it's a mockumentary or a documentary. And if we just had enough money, if conservatives had enough money, do you have our own Hollywood? I dare say it would change the world. It would literally change the world. We've got millions of eyes on it.
Speaker 2: The other great thing Matt Walsh has done is he showed the power, as you said, of satire and of ridicule, which is why politicians.
Speaker 3: Are so keen to ban memes.
Speaker 2: And Gavin Newsom the other day banned ai being used to manipulate videos to make them funny, because nothing exposes the power of exposes bad ideas rather like laughing at them and mocking them.
Speaker 3: And when you've got people.
Speaker 2: Laughing at ideas, that the preferred narrative these days and the culture, you just cannot have audiences laugh at that. It's like the Ayatola once said, he said, there's no jokes in Islam. You can't afford to have people laugh otherwise the whole thing collapses, right, which is why politicians hate movies like this and why those featured on it are particularly angry about it, because the ridicule exposes the stupidity of their ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's good.
Speaker 4: To see high production value comedy coming from the right as well, because you know, the comedy scene, much like the rest of entertainment, is generally dominated by the left, and apart from a few dissidents in the last couple of years who've pushed the boundaries, you know, Ricky Gervais as in mind going to transgender territory, et cetera, you don't get a lot of comedy that touches on those things. And Matt Walsh has said, bagger it. There is a market here. The rest of the industry might not want to touch it, but there is a market here and the numbers approving it, and how.
Speaker 1: Good is that.
Speaker 4: Let's hope it spurs more of this kind of product because it's exactly what we need right exactly.
Speaker 5: Here to the US now, where Trump's latest would be Assassin.
Speaker 6: Turns out he left.
Speaker 5: A note in the case that he was unsuccessful, and he was. He put a note in a box and left it at a friend's house. The FEDS have found this note, and they've decided to make it known to the world. There's plenty of cases in which the manifestos of mass shooters have not been made public for obvious reasons. Authorities say they're worried about the inspiring copycat attacks, but in the case of Trump, we all know they're probably secretly begging for something to happen to him. Ryan Roth's note reads, Dear world, this was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed you.
Speaker 6: I tried my best, and I gave it all the gumption I could muster.
Speaker 5: It is up to you now to finish the job, and I will offer one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to whomever can complete the job.
Speaker 6: So let's get this straight.
Speaker 5: Mass shooters don't often have their manifestos released to the public for the reasons that I just detailed.
Speaker 6: But within a week of.
Speaker 5: Someone trying to take Trump's life, the authorities say, nah, we can release this.
Speaker 6: One to the audience of the world.
Speaker 5: What is essentially a bounty letter on Trump. That's perfectly fine. It's not like it's going to appeal to other crackpots. Out there who share Ryan Roth's crazy sentiments and are high on the narrative given the Democrats are waterboarding people with this narrative of Trump being the biggest danger to democracy since nine to eleven, and etc. Just whatever ridiculous rhetoric you want to put in there, insert it.
Speaker 6: It's accurate.
Speaker 5: So these guys have decided no, no, let's platform this, not even America wide, but worldwide. This guy has said, I'm so sorry I failed.
Speaker 6: Now it's up to you to finish the job.
Speaker 5: And the fans who find the letter go, let's make this known to all and sundry.
Speaker 3: It's almost like incitement, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is, But I think the DOJ thought it's probably safe to do it because the letter was handwritten in cursive, and no one reads cursive.
Speaker 1: Anymore, so going good.
Speaker 3: I think that was probably why they did it.
Speaker 2: The other thing about this letter, of course, is that you know, he wasn't a very good assassin. He was caught before even firing a shot, and he doesn't really have any original ideas. The letter pretty much apes the language of the Democrats. In twenty twenty, Joe Biden described Donald Trump as a danger to the moral fabric of America, and wouldn't you know it? In Ryan Ruth's letter, he describes how Donald Trump is torn apart the moral fabric of America. And the more you read this letter, the more you can hear Kamala Harris, you can hear Joe Biden, you can hear Nancy Pelosi. And so for them to release it is really an indictment on themselves because it's proof in the would be assassin's own handwriting that he has been inspired by Democrat talking points.
Speaker 1: Of course he has.
Speaker 4: I don't think the release of the letter necessarily inspires further attacks because, of course the bloke is currently held in jail, so they're not going to get the one hundred and fifty thousand dollars anyway. And we know that there are other people who already want to kill Donald Trump. And when we talked last night about the Matt Gates saying that there are at least five known groups who already want to go after Trump. So you know, the leaders probably neither he nor they're in terms of that. As for him saying that he gave it all the gumption he could muster, I mean, he mastered all the gumption of a dead cat in Springfield, Ohio, for heaven saying, all the gumption of.
Speaker 7: A letter sleep.
Speaker 4: He couldn't even fire a shot before where he was found. So please don't give me that they don't both for.
Speaker 5: Marriage, the fact that he did a terrible job, well he did, very grateful he.
Speaker 6: Did a terrible job.
Speaker 2: Greats in Ohio are mustering a fair bit of gumption right now.
Speaker 1: Do Apparently they're being eaten, so they can't be mustering now.
Speaker 6: They're amoring up.
Speaker 4: But it just goes to drive home the point that the danger to Trump, and as I said earlier on Cherry's program, like I would be really surprised if between now and November we don't see another attempt on Donald Trump's life, right because even if they're not going to get one hundred and fifty grand out of him, people are going to give it a go anyway. As I said before, five groups are already working on it right now. If we don't see another attempt on Trump's life or the bloke's not dead within the next four years, I'll be thoroughly surprised. And it means that he should have more protection. I mean, if you've got this letter here, saying one hundred and fifty grand on offer to anyone who can kill the president. They should be giving him more protection right now.
Speaker 1: Protection's not coming, is what.
Speaker 6: They didn't mention enough, though.
Speaker 5: Was this guy Ryan Roth offering one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to whoever successfully takes Trump's life.
Speaker 6: He admitted in.
Speaker 5: Court just last week he doesn't have any assets. He doesn't even have a bank account. According to him, he has two trucks totaling an asset portfolio of a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Where he thinks he's going to get this one hundred and fifty k from.
Speaker 1: I've found it. I've found it.
Speaker 4: This is a.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty k. That's what you get if you come in and save the other flakes like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that's what I was going to say. He's not a nutter. If you read the letter, he's not a.
Speaker 1: Mad he is He's as clearly that.
Speaker 2: Letter is not the letter of a mad guy. That's a letter of someone who's been listening to talking points and taking them seriously.
Speaker 5: But he's so that is the definition of a mad man listening to talking But in any party, any politician. If you are listening to them and taking their word as gospel, you have to have the mental atuity of a three year old.
Speaker 2: I've been to the psych ward and he is not personally not speaking like a na He's speaking like someone who has been influenced and honestly believes he is trying to.
Speaker 3: Save the world.
Speaker 2: Democrats have encouraged people to do speaking of the Democrats trying to help the election along a little.
Speaker 3: Bit they've been accused of using.
Speaker 2: Would you believe that the Ukrainian President Zelenski to do a little bit of campaigning for them on American soil, which I suppose would be foreign interference. Zelenski's in the United States for a United Nations address. I think that happens tomorrow and as well as that he will meet with President Biden to outline his plan to defeat Russia in the war. But while he's in the United States, the Democrats have flown him to Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Now, remember Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Pennsylvania is one of the five or six battleground seats that.
Speaker 3: Both parties must win.
Speaker 2: It's very tight there and so it's kind of helpful having Zelensky there talking about how helpful the Biden administration has been and how unhelpful a Trump presidency would be. Zelensky told New Yorker magazine that Trump doesn't understand the war in Ukraine and that his running mate jd Vance is a radical who would force Ukraine to give up land to the Russians. Dan Caldwell tweeted what many people are thinking, it's worth noting. He said that Zelenski was flown to Pennsylvania on a US Air Force C seventeen. The Biden Harris administration is using military assets to fly a foreign leader into a battleground state in order to undermine their political opponents. Now, he was there to sign a deal with Democrat Governor Josh Shapiro between Ukraine and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: But it's not a good look.
Speaker 6: Not a good look. This is precedented.
Speaker 5: That means American taxpayers have fit the bill for a foreign leader to fly to their country and essentially campaign for the Harris team on American soil. I mean, at the very least, just don't put him in US Air Force C seventeen Like that is something that should be curling American's hair, and it very much is, as you can now see across the Twitter.
Speaker 6: Sphere and elsewhere.
Speaker 5: But of course mainstream media isn't touching this story with a ten foot pole for obvious reasons. But I suspect it is going to greatly fly back in their faces here because this is not a very popular war with a lot of Americans. They know that over one hundred and seventy five billion American dollars taxpayer dollars have been sent to the Ukrainian war. That's enough to house all the homeless in America twice over.
Speaker 6: With some change.
Speaker 5: They're looking at the extortionate costs. They're saying, hey, why are we the one's fitting the bill here?
Speaker 6: We're sick of this.
Speaker 5: A lot of conservatives, especially Republicans, are saying enough with this, we don't want this anymore. Hence Zelenski is attacking Trump and Vance because Trump had said even before I'm inaugurated, if I am elected, I am going to end this war within twenty four hours. I'm going to pick up the phone to putin and it's all going to be over.
Speaker 6: And JD.
Speaker 5: Vance has come out literally saying, why do we have a government that seems to care more about Ukrainians than people like my Mom, people just average middle class Americans who are doing it really tough right now?
Speaker 6: Why are we sending this much money overseas?
Speaker 5: So I wouldn't be surprised if what the Dems think is just this master stroke to get Pennsylvania and others across the line is just going to completely fail them and have the opposite effect than That's CID.
Speaker 1: That the problem is not in being there. Is well entitled to be there.
Speaker 4: But of course you know when you're being flown around in USA, and I tried to find any other leader's been thrown around the US aircraft and I couldn't.
Speaker 7: That is the problem.
Speaker 1: Coming back home.
Speaker 4: We've been talking this week about the First Nation's ambassador, who was of course appointed by the Albanzi government. So this bloke we found out during the week had travel approved up to three hundred and fifty thousand dollars via the government doing exactly what. We're not really sure, but he spent more than one hundred thousand dollars on business class flights going overseas, I don't know, spooking Aboriginal people or something. Peter Dutton said that he would abolish this role if and when he becomes Prime Minister. We found out today exactly how much money the First Nation's Ambassador, Justin Muhammad is on.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: You thought it was pretty good when we talked about the bloke from Queensland earlier who got his three hundred kpay out on the way out. This fell is not far off three hundred and twenty six thousand dollars a year to be the First Nation's ambassador.
Speaker 1: He's not an.
Speaker 4: Ambassador for an actual Country's an ambassador for a racial group in this country who gets business class flights to go overseas.
Speaker 1: How lucky is he?
Speaker 4: I mentioned before Peter Dutton saying he would get rid of this role.
Speaker 7: Here he is talking about it on radio.
Speaker 12: If it is the case that we win the next election, that position will be abolished on day one and that money will be spent to help Australian so of struggling at the moment to keep a roof over their head or to pay their electricity bill. We've got high priorities at the moment.
Speaker 4: I mean three hundred and twenty six thousand dollars a why right, There are people and I know we crap all over the bureaucrats, but there are people in the public service who are actually slogging their guts out doing a genuine job every day, and they're not on anywhere near three hundred and twenty six thousand dollars a year. Nurses, police officers, fires, whatever. You know, we talk about public servants, they are public servants in the true sense of the term. And this blow three hundred and twenty a plaza one hundred grandy business class flights to represent what three odd percent of the population.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's more Chinese Australians than there are Aboriginal Australians, and yet we don't have a Chinese Australian ambassador. And how many Aboriginal kids in Ola springs direct and have been helped by the First Nations ambassador. How many women in domestic vance relationships have been helped by the domestic by the First Nations Minister. Pennywong did say why we've got him? She said he is rebuilding relationships with the Pacific family, which I thought was Penny Wong's job.
Speaker 5: But it does be diffust about if this is delegating.
Speaker 2: If the First Nations Minister is repairing relationships with the Pacific family very important, why is he doing it in Switzerland, Dubai, New York, San Francisco, Kansas. Why is he flying all over the world if the key role is relating to our Pacific there're way.
Speaker 6: More fun destinations. Why wouldn't evidently all those blazes?
Speaker 5: If I were him, I too would find very serious business in London, Milan, You, David.
Speaker 6: This is a world first role?
Speaker 5: How many of these do we have to be responsible for here in Australia? The E Safety Commissioner comes to mind before we realize they're a world first because it's a terrible idea. It doesn't make any sense, it's extremely expensive, and it's not backed by the people. It is a thought bubble that was just had by these people in power, by the federal government on both accounts, that Australians learn about after the fact and go, what.
Speaker 6: The heck were you thinking?
Speaker 5: I can't remember how much the E Safety Commission is on, but it's a heck of a pay packet. And here we are again going, hang on a minute, we just found out about this. They're on a really good wicket. None of us believe that this is worth the investment. Shall we say, do us a favor and just stop doing these world first roles. Please, Australian government actually makes us the laughing stock, not leaders in an any way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: Liz, you didn't read the ULARU statement from the heart It said voice, treaty truth, Ambassador.
Speaker 1: Didn't you read that?
Speaker 7: Beak?
Speaker 1: There was my bad, all my bad.
Speaker 5: But if it's step four and we haven't got past the first few hurdles, we've really shot through, haven't we.
Speaker 2: Well you can imagine if we had a voice in canber you would have an ambassador, you'd have a spokesman for this, a spokesperson for that, and of course they would need to travel all around the world relate to you absolutely their.
Speaker 3: Counterparts in other nations.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we dodged a bullet by only having one of these positions in our country, I reckon.
Speaker 5: Indeed, well, one small win for Australians if you're living in the only council. They've decided to reverse their decision to scrap celebrating Australia Day on Australia Day hard pill to swallow, I know, lefties, but that will always be Australia Day, January sixth. You can't change a birthday. So these guys decided, no, we're scrapping it. We're not celebrat dating Australia Day on the twenty sixth of January, Animoor.
Speaker 6: Its way too divisive.
Speaker 5: They passed all the necessary movements and Lardie Dardi da. Then they decided, actually, let's put it to the people because they heard from so many people saying, hey, we're disgusted by this. I didn't get to say, you're not representing me. In Over sixty percent of the people of Anley said we want to celebrate Australia Day on January twenty six So they took it back to the council who overturned their original decision and they will now once again celebrate Australia Day on Australia Day. But a bears mentioning they only got this up by two votes. The vote was seventy five, so clearly five councilors were still just like stuff you people who voted me in, I'm not representing you, I'm representing my own lefty interests. Here's Counselor Rebecca Rodgers who put up the motions. She says, we cannot ask our community for their opinion and then not listen to the result tonight's vote.
Speaker 6: This was on Monday night. Is on a consultation process.
Speaker 5: The community wanted to say, and we gave them a say more of this, please, I mean this is revelatory, a council actually asking the people that they're representing what they would like and then acting accordingly.
Speaker 6: More of this please.
Speaker 4: I agree we should have more of this, But this is Counselor Jack Gaffey from only explaining how all of this came to be.
Speaker 9: There was a decision on counsel that we should act and we should lead, and so a decision was made by different councilors that we should do this without consultation. The only problem was that after we'd made that decision, there was a huge number of emails. I had a number of them from residents who felt like they hadn't been heard about this Ralia Day celebrations.
Speaker 3: Ordinary people who go to.
Speaker 9: Work, look after their families, and they just expect counselors to do by them. This was the first they actually knew about it, and let me tell you, they're pretty upset.
Speaker 4: So the Council, of its own volition decided that it would move the celebrations from January twenty six to January twenty five, now, I mean you could move into any date January twenty five, let's be a bit more inventive here, But they moved it from January twenty sixth to January twenty five. Then the residents found out about it and complained to the council and it was at that point that the council said, maybe we should run some community consultation on this matter. And then the consultation came back and said what we all knew it would send, would say sorry that we don't want you to move Australia Day, and then they reverse their decision.
Speaker 1: I thoroughly agree.
Speaker 4: That we should have more community consultation, of which councils take note. But there's something wrong when they make a decision then have sort of posthumous community consultation. Oh sorry, we got it wrong. Well you wouldn't have got it wrong in the first place if AA weren't meddling in our National Day, which ate the B business of councils and B you just asked the regions what they thought in the first.
Speaker 6: It is the business of councils. That's what the federal government.
Speaker 5: Decided because it was like, well the voice failed, so just by a sneaky little twist of the knife.
Speaker 6: We're going to leave this up to individual councils.
Speaker 5: Now, World War three is broken out because this council is arbitrarily decided and this I mean, it's over twenty councils now last I checked, it is probably leaned way more now and none of them have community consulted.
Speaker 6: They've just gone this is the woke thing to do. And because so many.
Speaker 5: Of the councils are full of Greens and Labor members, none of them give it a second thought.
Speaker 2: Victoria's more than forty councils that have now changed their Australia Day celebrations, and Councilor Don Palmer he actually made the point in the media that it was Anthony Albanezi who changed the little legislation so that this decision was in the hands of local councils, and he said, and I quote Elbanize should take responsibility and stop handballing decisions to local government that the federal government should be responsible for. And it was one of those decisions where you know what Elbow wanted, but he didn't want to have blood on his hands, so he just palmed it off to councils. Knowing they would do the dirty work for him. Speaking of the importance of consultation, Caleb, I had to laugh when I read the comments of Indigenous Elder Major Muggie sumna Am.
Speaker 3: He was very.
Speaker 2: Upset that the Council will go back to celebrating Australia Day on January twenty six. He said, and I quote, why change it back to rub salt into a wound or to say, well, we're going to have to We're going to have it whether you like it or not. So I thought the point was listening to the majority of people, sixty percent of whom said this is what we want.
Speaker 3: So the Council have done that.
Speaker 2: But now he's claiming because he didn't get what he wanted, Well, he's not being listened to.
Speaker 4: He should go and talk to the Aboriginal Ambassador, shouldn't he.
Speaker 2: He clearly doesn't understand the democratic process a year and might be able to fix that one up.
Speaker 4: Just while we're on a bit of council bashing. One of my favorite things to do in the world, beyond drinking read wine and backing.
Speaker 7: Horses that usually lose.
Speaker 4: You might have heard and we talked about it on this program recently that the men's government in New South Wales has decided to ban paperless parking fines because councils were going around and slapping you with a parking fine without telling you that they've given you a parking fine to turn up in the mail a week or two later, and of course by that point you can't collect any evidence to challenge that fine. The state government in New South Wales said, no, sir, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, would you believe it?
Speaker 4: The Local Government Association has come back in New South Wales and said, who is us? This is going to cause harm quote unquote to.
Speaker 1: The sticker liquors.
Speaker 4: Yes, unless we can pinue in a way that makes it impossible for you to be able to challenge your parking fines.
Speaker 7: We are going to put the sticker liquors.
Speaker 1: In grave danger. I mean please.
Speaker 4: The chief executive of North Sydney Council, which was one of the major users of this ticketless parking fine system last year, issued ninety two parking fines on paper. Ninety two went under the windscreen wiper and they made nine and a half million dollars. That's because the rest were paperless, and of course no one could challenge.
Speaker 3: Them fifty four thousand, the CEO should.
Speaker 4: I strongly doubt the reintroduction of paper fines will result in more people following the rules and less fines being issued. I'm hopeful the new South Wales government considers the impact to workers when determining a path forward. Look, it may well not resign in fewer fines being issued, but it will result in fewer fines being upheld. That's what they're really worried about here. They're not worried about the safety of the workers. They're worried about the bottom line when it comes to the budget.
Speaker 6: What about our revenue raising? We don't have enough money. We want to screw people even harder.
Speaker 5: Please let us it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: I can't stand they're not going to be able to do it much longer.
Speaker 3: As you said, Chris Min's doing good men South Wales. He's changed the law. Good for him. We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 2: The South Australian Police Academy firing range shut down after they've discovered the walls bulletproof. That's in the papers. We'll have a look at the moment. Okay, let's take a look at what we'll be making news tomorrow. And this will start with the Northern Territory paper, which has an incredible photo on the front page.
Speaker 6: That stuff of nightmares.
Speaker 5: Check out this absolute monster that's been reeled in off the coast of the Northern Territory.
Speaker 6: What the heck is that?
Speaker 5: Teewee Sea Monster Fish shows have gone viral after reeling in this creepy catch.
Speaker 6: Off the coast.
Speaker 5: This is known as an owe fish or a doomsday fish. You can see why. I mean, that thing looks like it's straight out of hell. It is so remarkable looking. How is this the first time I've ever heard of an owe fish?
Speaker 2: Well, it generally swims about one thousand meters below the surface of the water, so they're not very often seen. But most people online thought it was a fake or some sort of aition.
Speaker 3: No one believed it was real.
Speaker 1: Biggest eye believe, the eyes are huge.
Speaker 7: Look.
Speaker 4: All I can say is I hope it stays a kilometer underwater.
Speaker 6: All this one probably didn't. That's how I got it.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to encounter one of those things. I do wonder now that they've caught it, though, what it tastes like like is it a good eating fish?
Speaker 1: Like, don't let the thing go to wa?
Speaker 3: Do you frame it? I mean.
Speaker 1: Goods?
Speaker 6: Nobody believe you. You'd be like I caught this, I'd be like a photo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was out fishing and I just reeled in this.
Speaker 7: He was like six meters.
Speaker 5: You're just out there for a catch, and all of a sudden you're spotting this thing as you're really it in going to you.
Speaker 6: God, what on the earth?
Speaker 5: You'd think twice before actually bringing it into the boat.
Speaker 6: But these guys clearly weren't too nervous.
Speaker 4: It'd be one hell of a bit of bait if you don't get something else. Let's go to the advertised and now where it says tomorrow Police Academy floor.
Speaker 7: You can say that again.
Speaker 4: This is an exclusive from Andrew half gooda Hafi if you're watching. In a catastrophic safety failure at the Fort Lags Essay Police Academy, bullets sliced through concrete walls, which was supposedly bulletproof. The range used to train rookie cops was shot for almost five months, only reopening in March after temporary bulletproof material was brought in from Victoria.
Speaker 1: You had one job. You are designing a shooting.
Speaker 4: Range for people to learn how to use guns as cops, and you can't even make the walls bulletproof. And then they had to shut it for five months before they could get some material from Victoria that would make it bulletproof.
Speaker 1: I was this real.
Speaker 2: No, wheer they can't find recruits for the police force who would want to be part of this, We're just going to take you down to the firing range.
Speaker 4: No no, no, please please just beit on the other side of that wall and checkov it's bulletproof for.
Speaker 7: Me, will you please?
Speaker 3: I just believing.
Speaker 4: If that's how the coppers are operating, then God help us all. Now the story on the front of the Advertiser tomorrow abortion law change set to fail, a conservative Liberal front bench's bid to force mothers who want to terminate their pregnancies after twenty seven weeks to be legally bound to deliver their babies alive, mis falling short of securing support in the Upper House. Now we thought this was probably going to happen. The Billies put up basically says because in South Australia now they have legal late term abortion. And what he said was look, look, we're not going to force a woman under his bill to keep a baby, but if she wants to terminate her pregnancy, then at twenty seven weeks we would induce the birth and then that child could be put up for adoption, effectively terminating the pregnancy without terminating the life of the child. Now, interestingly, Peter Malinowskis, the Labor Premier in South Australia, has said he will allow a conscience vote on this matter, and of course conscience votes are quite uncommon in the Labor Party needs it's eleven votes to get this through the Upper House. He's got eight so far. It seems unlikely he'll be able to get it over the line. But it just raises the issue again, I suppose, which is probably what he wanted to achieve.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question as a former newspaper chief of staff. When we printed out the newspapers before we went on air, so the headline is abortion law chain set to fail. But just before we came on, I checked online and they've changed the headline to on brink of.
Speaker 3: Upper House support. Why would they have done that?
Speaker 2: Have they heard some whispers that some people may be voting in favor that they thought, well.
Speaker 4: Quite probably. I mean, you know, the paper goes to deadline at eight pm. Of course you can change the online copy at any time.
Speaker 1: So yes, it is quite possible.
Speaker 4: That in the last couple of hours there's been some more people come down the wire saying that they will give it to them.
Speaker 6: Brave God.
Speaker 1: You would expect though, when it goes.
Speaker 7: To the Lower House that it would be knocked on the head.
Speaker 4: But with the Labor Party giving a conscience vote, which is highly unusual, you just never know in these matters.
Speaker 5: Good don't Alan Alskis for doing that, because this is this would be a world first of a bill, by the way, and it's a win win. It's pro women and it's pro baby. It simply means that after twenty seven weeks, baby will not be killed by a brutal and very painful injection of potassium chloride. It means that baby will be born alive and given to a loving family who would give anything to welcome a child into their home. I mean, how is this not utterly brilliant. Whichever way you look at it, you don't want your baby, somebody else does. Let's get baby to that person. I mean it's marvelous and.
Speaker 2: Even if the bill fails, it keeps the conversation going and keeps it in the public consciousness, which cannot be a bad thing. Let's got the front page of tomorrow's daily Telegraph, Grid and Bear. It is the headline Koala's collateral damage in Green Dream, massive transmission lines transporting energy from wind and solar farms will be built through huge swathes of the state's most significant Kohala habitat.
Speaker 3: Two new reports have found.
Speaker 2: So this will start these transmission lines in a town just close to Tamworth. They're clearing about a one hundred and forty meter wide corridor for the transmission lines, and two reports have found there's at least thirty koalas now. Apparently if you move koalas, it's very stressful for them. That can endanger their health and indeed they can even die. And so the government's got a problem here right. They're trying to use renewables to save the environment while destroying koalas, who are very important part of the environment. The thing that makes me curious is you would have thought the greens or the teals, they would be down there chaining themselves to trees protesting because they hate seeing Kohala habitats destroyed. But if it's for a solar farm or for wind turbine.
Speaker 6: And it's for the greater good, that's different. It's for the greater good.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, if it's a mining project or anything involved evolving fossil flow fuels, you find an extinct toad and it's all over. Just goes to show what hypocrites they are.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, though, if and we saw this going with native forest logging right where the activists would injunct these matters all the time through the court. If a single environmental group in New South Wales goes to court and seeks an injunction against this project to stop it from happening, lock it up in the court because it's bad for the environment. I will take you out for lunch. That's a promise.
Speaker 3: If you make an incentive.
Speaker 5: If you cajun I mean overestimating people, you're a lunch with.
Speaker 4: You, well, it will be a lunch with wine at a nice restaurant. But if you can make it happen, I will take you out to lunch.
Speaker 7: That is my promise.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no one was inspired.
Speaker 6: Do we have time for the Koreia Mail. Remember after that long interjection.
Speaker 5: LMP vow's youth crime consequences tell us more judges and magistrates will well the first time consider every offender's full criminal history as a juvenile. If the LMP wins the October twenty six election. In a move discussed by Premier Stephen Miles's trump esque because he didn't think of it and now he's jealous, Christoph Fooley is saying that quote what's happening at the moment is a young offender can have a rap sheet a mile long and then the clock starts again when they turn eighteen. There must be consequences for actions end quote. So basically, if you get a Chris A. Fooley government, he's going to put a stop to this. And if there are youth offenders, which we know there are many and it's very prolific in Queensland, that's just going to be on your record forever, for as long as you live till.
Speaker 6: The day you die.
Speaker 5: That has got to be something that certainly families of victims would massive thumbs up from them because to think that this person as soon as they turn eighteen, it's just like it never happened. The robberies, the thefts, the bashings that in some cases people have lost their lives. Now, this is just a common sense move.
Speaker 2: For Stephen Miles to describe it as trump esque when crime is such a massive issue in that election is just quite juvenile.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 2: The house in Sydney housing lots of foreign nationals who are racking up massive traffic to merit points.
Speaker 3: It's coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Well, climate catastrophsts keep coming up with sillier and sillier ways of trying to lower global temperatures. This is one of the silliest ones I've heard. A group of scientists at the University of Cambridge have said we can lower global temperatures if we just get planes to fly slower.
Speaker 3: Check out this headline from the UK Times.
Speaker 2: Slower aeroplanes could cut fuel waste and thereby lower emissions. The report said that if aircraft flew fifteen percent slower, fuel burn would reduce by five to seven percent, and that would add fifty minutes to a flight from London to New York presently seven hours, but it would help to lower emissions. Next Liz, They'll be suggesting that aircraft just glide from London to New York, or maybe just take a sail boat.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't believe anyone in the general public is going to support let's spend longer sitting in economy for absolutely no difference to global temperatures. But somebody at Cambridge University feels very very virtuous and.
Speaker 3: Very very smart.
Speaker 5: I can't see any airlines running with this logic. But before we leave you tonight at townhouse in southern Sydney has been spotted as being at the very center of a pile of French Nationals dodging demerit points. Yes, you heard it here first, and don't get any ideas because they've only been able to get away with it because they are French nationalists. The New South Wales Road Minister John Graham says a tiny fraction out there are intentionally flouting our speed limits, traffic lights and other road rules before attempting to stay one step ahead of the demerit points system. In some cases they then leave the country with a au revoir, never having paid a fine or spent time off the road for their laundry list of traffic offenses. Apparently eighteen drivers listed this particular address, having wracked up fifteen hundred and eighty demerit points, but none of them have suffered the consequences of their action. Here's a Daily Mail journal who went to set address to see sorry Daily Telegraph Journal to see if he could bust them.
Speaker 1: Ah, you live here? Do you live here?
Speaker 5: No, it's just oh your friends.
Speaker 13: There's thirty people that have their driver's license listened in this house. Have you been speeding on your motorcycle? Bidding here and controversial?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no me not go.
Speaker 6: You can tell he's saying, I don't know what you're talking about. Thirty people here, No.
Speaker 4: Twenty one hundred points in total, three hundred and twenty two thousand dollars in unpaid fines, and then they just flee the country.
Speaker 1: How good I'm going to do that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely amazing. That's it from us stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the reader pen Hisha