Speaker 1: Get every day Adelaides, how about I put this to you as well, Jody Oddie, the face of shingles.
Speaker 2: It's funny you should mention that because in between lying on the couch yesterday I had to go and get some groceries and I was in coals at the avenues, of course, as I always am, and a random stranger came up and she goes, oh my god, I just read the article about you, and I've just booked my shingles shot.
Speaker 3: You are the example.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone came up to my husband and was like, oh, please thank Jody for making the shingles vaccine free.
Speaker 1: You're a trailblazer. You're a trailblazer in the shingles of space.
Speaker 2: Everywhere I went yesterday people were like, oh, hell shinkles.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh, just showing rand.
Speaker 2: Why am I discussing my medical condition with every stranger on the street.
Speaker 5: It was very bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeh see, I'm I'm taking calls and I'm seeing people are like, how's Jody?
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 2: Well? It reminded me of a situation on Friends, one of my favorite episodes, where can you remember Joey became the poster child for veneral disease. So there are all these posters around New York City.
Speaker 5: Joey. It was like, I've got VD That's exactly how I feel.
Speaker 3: So I guess you are side So what No, we're just laughing.
Speaker 5: You know how the afric could be in fashious?
Speaker 3: Oh god, did you know that? Next time you go to news, that's the shingles lady. She's just coming. Don't touch it.
Speaker 2: Actually, there was an article in the Daily Mail and someone commented on it. I said it three yesterday and it was a guy saying because in the article it was like, you know, she was seen lounging by the pool and hanging out in sports bars.
Speaker 5: Someone underneath that?
Speaker 2: Are you sure her husband was hanging out in a sports bar.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about tipping, shall we?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: A tip jar has been spotted inside a Sydney KFC, I said KFC, sparking heat to debate online about US tipping culture creeping into Australia. What it's always been known as in America versus Australia Because in America ten bucks, no how they get paid in hospitality?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: So they rely on tips to get by versus in Australia the midima age of hospitality is twenty one dollars. OK So it's not quite as expected. But in particular fast food restaurants, where you're there for the food, you're not there for the experience. Yes, a tip jar at a CAFC, I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 2: Also, it's a multi million dollar company. My argument would be pay the more one percent. So why is the onus on the customer to supplement their wage? Shouldn't KFC just be paying them all more?
Speaker 1: And I get the spokesman from caps he is saying, have you seen the way they go about it? Sometimes I get that, and I agree that maybe pay them all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also I digress.
Speaker 2: Okay, if se best chips on the planet.
Speaker 3: I think that's all. It's what we can solve safely agree on.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in between not too big, not too small, somewhere in between the medium cup fries, oh my god, season tip perfections.
Speaker 5: What about when you've had a few beers the next day?
Speaker 1: KFC chips even in a little bit sogging, a little bit floppy, who cares, still hit beautifully. I don't tip, you know. I think the main reason I don't tip is because I don't pay cash. I haven't paid for anything in cash for years and years and years. So to talk to someone about rearranging a tip in the form of f boss, yeah, I don't have the capabilities.
Speaker 3: That's too awkward for me.
Speaker 2: My car I've just been to Bali, so we've been tipping like mofos.
Speaker 1: Yes, tipping four or against because there's a mix of tipping when you go out for food versus bartering for ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Items for people that you shouldn't be bartering with.
Speaker 2: But when you take, like when you take money out in Bali, if you take a million rupea, which is only really one hundred bucks, you feel like a besquillionaire. I remember I sent a photo of my husband with all the rupea laid out on the bed.
Speaker 3: Corg was a rupea angel. You're the dogs.
Speaker 1: They're eating the cats, they're eating the pets of the people.
Speaker 3: Who lived there.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we spoke about how this outrageous statement from Trump has gone viral.
Speaker 3: Yes in the form now of the song, and just how clever people are now. I've turning something which is usually idiotic.
Speaker 2: It's an absolute bat it's really innocuous phrases that can turn into a viral sensation.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, It's incredible.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's coming back as well. This was a huge thing I think when everyone was first getting on YouTube and whatever. Our listeners very much reminded us of yesterday. We got some fictechs and d ms of ones that we missed. This one, this is not a good one. And Twin Dodson do you remember.
Speaker 3: An absolute hero alone? Who's this guy? He did a particular interview from the Projects in America to a news outlet about an incident that occurred involving his sister.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it's the most raw, outrageous interview that you've ever seen in your life. And the good folks of the internet got hold of it, turned into a viral song.
Speaker 3: With a whole heap of auto tune.
Speaker 6: I reckon ID get the words to that before the Australian anthem as a kid.
Speaker 2: So that was here an interview threatening to come and find someone who'd broken into the house.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, absolutely to the program.
Speaker 1: Jody really delivered a heartfelt, strong stern message straight down the camera.
Speaker 3: It's quite engaging. You need to watch it.
Speaker 6: Jos so iconic and then link Chandler on Instagram send us a message saying, guys man in finance.
Speaker 1: And Finance six.
Speaker 6: I've heard it in clubs.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 5: Who's his chick?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 6: So she's a TikToker. She was like, someone, make this a song, and then she just said it and here we are, right.
Speaker 3: So she started off just by saying here's a banger.
Speaker 6: She was like, here's an idea. I'm looking for this, and then someone was like, oh my beer, and this is what we go up. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: The process seems really really easy to me.
Speaker 2: So I can guarantee you that I could take a phrase, any old phrase that was said in this studio. In this case, it was something that you said yesterday and turn it into are all TikTok?
Speaker 1: So I pushed the buttons here. I'm guessing that that's what this random pink button is. We go yes, inject me with that sweet sweet humorous serums. Sight in my bottom to you with a sweet sweet humorous serum. Everyone's got their preferences.
Speaker 3: Well that I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Watched that go off.
Speaker 3: You were back from Ballei.
Speaker 1: We had some fun yesterday with one of your fellow gym goers in BALLEI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was explaining that I was on a treadmill and there was a guy a couple up from me and like real tanned and tattoos and everything, and he was singing out loud, which is not something that I would recommend in the gym.
Speaker 3: First red flag right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so he was carrying a bit of I say this.
Speaker 2: He was going bad bitch like this, and I was like, whoa, that's some real hardcore wrap that this guy too, like so aggressive. And then the more he sang along, the more I realized that he was singing, is he isy Zalia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's eggy.
Speaker 5: That's all right, fine?
Speaker 3: Is he a gale?
Speaker 5: As the words are coming out?
Speaker 2: Was going, that's not right. That doesn't match up or compute anyway.
Speaker 5: He was singing fancy just like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're all gangs and lyrics, aren't they.
Speaker 2: It's a strange song to work out, trained song to get overly aggressive.
Speaker 3: With for a muscly tatted man. No doubt there's some.
Speaker 5: Kind of influence, No doubt there's a lot of them in Bali.
Speaker 3: At the moment, it's so funny and put it out there.
Speaker 1: Third and twenty four to ten. Yes, what's the weird things that you work out to? You're weird songs. Maybe it's a weird podcast, things that for whatever reason just gets you up and about and give it the opportunity just to find that little bit of extra strength. I have no idea why this beautiful song from the eighties right now gets me going the extra yard.
Speaker 3: To the outfield your love? What is this? Why does this give me the strength?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting down, absolutely exhausted. I don't have two more raps left in me, and all of a sudden, hang on, hang on him. You better believe I pump it out. After that, I'm there.
Speaker 5: Joe's there's such a random song to get you going? Yeah, I think when I'm at the gym and I the same thing. I'm gassed and I'm done.
Speaker 2: If this comes on the Spotify, then I go again, mate, I go again.
Speaker 3: Why does this give you.
Speaker 5: Men?
Speaker 7: I twenty four ten?
Speaker 3: What gets you up and about at the gym? I want songs at the podcast?
Speaker 5: I just want to run.
Speaker 3: Now there you go.
Speaker 5: I want to go.
Speaker 2: So I was over in Bali and there was a guy who's just going nuts to fancy he a big muscly tan bloke.
Speaker 3: Extra rep.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good for Iggy because Niggas Crew is on in a bit of an interesting direction, from killing it to only fans to the number one song in Bali gyms to get you up in about.
Speaker 5: So true, so true? What a journey? What a roller coaster?
Speaker 3: Absolute roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're asking the question thirteen twenty four ten what gets you going in the gym? Let's go to Ronnie in Seaford.
Speaker 3: Hi, Ronnie, good morning, jerdy and hazy, Happy Wednesday, Yes.
Speaker 5: Running, keep you all right? What's getting you going in the gym? Okay?
Speaker 3: So I need to paint in the picture.
Speaker 8: My best mate is mostly tarted up a footy boy yep.
Speaker 3: And when he's lifting in the gym him, he's listening to Agora Hills by Doja Cat. How is this, Ronnie?
Speaker 1: How is this giving him the extra kick that he needs?
Speaker 9: And he even even will do a little like Kip Wiggles do like.
Speaker 1: All right, So you don't have to name him, but you have to tell us which football copy plays for. So he's just moved to Adelaide freshly, but he used to play for the murray Bridge Demons.
Speaker 4: I think they're called.
Speaker 5: Ronnie. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Cheryl from Craifu's West. Hey, Cheryl, Hey, Hey going he quit? Great?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: What's getting you going in the gym?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 10: Actually, mine's a cleaning album. When I have to clean the house, that's what gets me going. It's Alanas morrisset Jag a little pill.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you know what this?
Speaker 3: This was an institution that.
Speaker 10: The whole album, you can clean the whole house. You're dad sing, you're singing. Yeah, yeah, I got emotions going and they just get it done.
Speaker 3: You hand in my pocket? Your this y this might be the top shelf sher al I'm cleaning right now as we speak.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's got all the fields.
Speaker 5: Cheryl is still there, Cheryl. You have you got an ex that you're made at?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Probably a couple, but I just yeah, I just love the album. Actually we went to see the cover band at the Goves not long ago and it was amazing real Yeah, there was a they did the full album and it was just awesome.
Speaker 5: So Atlantis cover bed what are they call?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I I can't remember the name, but they were awesome. So then they come next time. You've got to get there. It's a great vibe, right.
Speaker 3: That's cool. Who saw that coming, buddy?
Speaker 5: Hell, the studio has never been so clean.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty fourteen. The Weird Things that you work out to. Thank you so much for the call, Cheryl on the stand by list for Olivia Rodrigo in Melbourne Flights Accommodation.
Speaker 3: We'll take more calls next. Yes, this is good fun. It's like a little bit of a trip down memory lane there.
Speaker 1: The weird things that you work out through doesn't have to be music as well.
Speaker 3: It could be a strange podcast. What's the weird songs? Maybe the weird podcast that gets you up and about in the gym.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go to Matthew from McLaren Flat.
Speaker 4: Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 5: Okay, what are you listening to on the gym? Just to really get it going?
Speaker 4: Oh, I jump on my ex headphones on and then Clime Junkie podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a podcast, The Crime, The crime podcast.
Speaker 3: This everyone's into it at the moment. Matthew, And what is it? How's it possibly fire you up?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. It's just relaxing while I'm working out relaxing.
Speaker 1: Use another question, how does that relax you, Matthew? What's really going on inside there?
Speaker 4: Well, generally after I finished work to work out, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, right, s Matthew.
Speaker 2: Listening to people being murdered and killed makes you feel at.
Speaker 1: Ease and you just wonder, Matthew, what's going on at your workplace that you're listening to crime podcasts and that's relaxing you after a hard day work.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Note let's go to Natalie from semaphore. What's getting you up and about in the gym?
Speaker 5: Net?
Speaker 8: Are not giving in by rudimental?
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely not say that again.
Speaker 9: Not only for that reason because I'm that sorts porter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last time it was devastating, yes, but because.
Speaker 11: Every time I'm on the treadmill, I have this weird thing at the gym I can't stop.
Speaker 10: And that's the morn exactly like two three four k's Like even if I'm.
Speaker 11: A few im a little bit off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 9: Putting someone at the end and then I just get you out of you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm gassed. I'm gassed. I need something and all of a sudden.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 11: Natalie, I love I love that.
Speaker 2: I found a fellow OCD person that can't stop unless you're on like an even number.
Speaker 5: I have to keep going just so much.
Speaker 2: Now do you know what I'll do at the gym if I haven't done enough steps, I'll walk around the car park until I hit like ten thousand.
Speaker 5: Here this is I'm so weird that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice Nat, thank you so.
Speaker 3: Good on your nuts.
Speaker 1: Thirty fourteen can continue to cause the centers of text.
Speaker 3: So for doublee one nine, quite the fort What the fork the fork?
Speaker 5: Let's do this? What the fork ruins your holiday? Okay? So obviously the shingles have been.
Speaker 1: Well documented, like really not just by us several platforms.
Speaker 5: Yes, it made the Daily Mail.
Speaker 3: It's been a hot minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a hot minute in between daily Mail articles.
Speaker 2: But there was something else that happened on the Barley holiday that probably, in terms of feeling uncomfortable, superseded the shingles.
Speaker 1: How is this even possible when you have literally explained that getting shingles is more painful than childbirth and everybody agrees with you as well, all the women that have had that and also given childbirth, like yeah, Jodie spot On.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, But there was a moment midweek when my husband and I were sitting at a beach club and my stomach started to go, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: How I'm feeling here by this.
Speaker 5: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: It happens, and so we've I said, listen, we need to get back to the villa. So we packed everything up and it's about, oh, I don't know, a twenty minute walk back along the beach where we were staying. At one stage I was on the beach and I'm thinking I may have to run into the ocean.
Speaker 3: And throw up. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So we got back to a junction near the villa and Greg's like, oh, well, if you're not feeling well, do you mind if I just go and get a foot message.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, I can make it.
Speaker 1: Life.
Speaker 2: So I get back to the villa and oh my god, hazy it started.
Speaker 5: It was like an absolute soon army.
Speaker 2: And let's just put it this way. At one point I had to make a decision.
Speaker 5: With the toilet, Oh my god, and what to do in the toilet? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think two words. Tell me if this describes it beautifully, both ends correct?
Speaker 3: See what's happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, am I too opted a hat squeeze both ends into the toilet the one time that flexible.
Speaker 2: No exactly right, And so I was in there for like lying on the toilet floor at one stage for about half an hour, thinking, oh my god, I just want to die.
Speaker 5: And then I'm like, where's my husband? Why is it? He hasn't even poked his head in to check.
Speaker 2: On me, And so I cleaned myself up, and then I walk out of the villain and I'm like, he's not even here.
Speaker 5: And we had a we had a pool upstairs, yep.
Speaker 2: I walk up the steps and as I'm dying downstairs, like literally dying, I opened the door and he's sitting in the said pool with a bin tang and.
Speaker 5: Some pringles.
Speaker 2: Salute dream life, like what I'm in Balley's what we do?
Speaker 5: And I said to him, will you even gonna check him?
Speaker 2: And he goes, yeah, chuck my head in, but you're throwing up, So I thought I might as well have a swim. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's like, well, you were to jump on the floor and do a poop with you, he might live his best life.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen, Give us a call. What the fork happened on your holiday?
Speaker 3: I absolutely ruined your holiday. We'll take your calls next.
Speaker 2: What the ho?
Speaker 5: What the fork?
Speaker 1: They call me the holiday from Hell for one person in the couple.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, showed him Greg Gotti.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my husband was totally fine.
Speaker 2: He was just kicking back in the pool with the Bintangons and Pringles as I was literally dying downstairs with Barley Belly.
Speaker 1: You literally just before a minute go behind the scenes, gave us an next.
Speaker 3: Mastion of exactly what he was doing and how was lantern. And I'm like, what's she supposed to do?
Speaker 2: I don't think at least poke his head in and checked that I'm okay, and then I still.
Speaker 3: Have a pulse mouthful of Pringles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I have to say at that point I was so nauseous that the sound of him, nordn Pringles, made me want to vomit.
Speaker 3: Thirty twenty fourteen, What ruined your holiday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Parker from Mount Pleasant. What ruined your holiday?
Speaker 3: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 8: A couple of years ago, I was on camp in Ronka at the Murray River, and I think it was the last night we were there, and the oven broke, so they had to cook the lasagna in the microwave and it didn't cook properly. Yeah, so everybody got food poisoning and everyone was like vomiting and stuff other than me and this other girl who didn't like lasagna in the morning, and there was just like big pile of vomit outside.
Speaker 11: It's really gross.
Speaker 1: You're only twelve years old, are you. I'm guessing you you don't like Lazangna steal and you're.
Speaker 3: Never going to touch it ever again.
Speaker 8: No, I really don't like Kazanna.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Parker. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Let's got a Tana from Morfort Falcom morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 12: I hope you're having a cracker of a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah you too.
Speaker 2: I have to say, Tana, I'm a little bit better this Wednesday than I was last Wednesday, trust me.
Speaker 5: Oh well, you know.
Speaker 12: What, I totally relate.
Speaker 11: I know you've probably heard it a lot.
Speaker 12: I also had it when I was a little bit.
Speaker 13: Younger, but a few years back.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I thought I was going to die and I wanted to die, So yeah, relate. So I have a couple. So we went to Thailand and I bought it on this beautiful bikini. I lost like thirty kilos. My friend was getting married. It was a beautiful time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then I had a.
Speaker 12: Gall bladder attack.
Speaker 8: Oh actually yeah, So my gallbladder was.
Speaker 12: Like like you know, TMI for the radio, but just between you and me, it was like like popping out these little goolstones and they were going through my digestive system, so it felt like my whole chest like somebody was sitting on my chest. And then when I got home, I had to have it surgically removed. But the worst part was because I was in twenties, live my best life. We traveled for once every four years full moon party on one of the islands, and I had to miss it because I was in my bed crying, like in the fetal position. But then the better one of my two stories was I I had a situation on a cruise ship where it was coming out both ends unfortunately, which made me regrettably late to my own proposal. There my husband was waiting on the cruise ship on the deck waiting for me, rang signs will you marry me? All of my friends and then I was just like sorry, oh my god.
Speaker 5: So he goes Dundo in the end make the sound that Tana was making.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your stomach was going, you're not today, not right now? Oh good stuff? Sarnas Port Hannah on the standby list for Olivia at Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: Let's keep these calls going. What the fork?
Speaker 1: What ruined your holiday? Give us a call well cause next thirteen and twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: Complac What the fork?
Speaker 5: Yes, what the fork ruined the holiday?
Speaker 2: Is the question we're asking on thirteen twenty four ten this morning. So not only did I get shingles overseas, but also got a real decent bout of barley belly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're really copped it. So based on that as well, do you reckon you'll ever go back to BARLEI.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say no at this point, as the scabs evolve on my neck, it's probably a bit too raw to contemplate going back.
Speaker 3: I guess Greg's going by himself.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, we're taking you a caurse what the fork ruined the holiday? Let's go to Evie from Belair.
Speaker 5: Good morning, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 14: I'm ten?
Speaker 2: You're ten?
Speaker 5: What happened on the holiday? Well?
Speaker 14: I was out there they and I had really really bad gas stroke and I was vomiting and there was no showers there either.
Speaker 4: Oh no, And we were four wool.
Speaker 14: Driving as well, and it was just rocking back and forth and I was and I and I got sorry, I had to go to the toilet in the bush. I had a couple of days as well.
Speaker 5: Ev did you at least have some toilet paper in the bush?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: That's actually good thing. Thank you for that story.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bless you.
Speaker 2: As a kid, that's the worst, feeling sick at the back of the.
Speaker 1: Four wheel drive driving, bouncing up and down like she's in a blender.
Speaker 5: Vanessa from Sulcery Plains, Good morning, are good? What the four were on the holiday?
Speaker 13: Well, I have my daughter here with me, so it happened to her just recently in Kangaroo Island. So we found like purple spots on their name, so we thought it was Mininja cockle. Yeah, so we had to take her to the hospital and then she had blood chests and run tests. She fainted, but yeah, it ended up being rsp Oh yeah, yeah, so that's very uncommon. So, yes, we've spent their first day and that's the first dame we got there.
Speaker 3: Probably what's that.
Speaker 5: A virus?
Speaker 13: Isn't it rsp So it's like, I don't know what the actual name is, but the blood vessels are bursting in her.
Speaker 2: Oh ouch, yeah, yeah that sounds faint.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, it's not good. So yeah, they had to obviously test for blood in places and yeah, yeah, so she doesn't have any of that.
Speaker 11: But yeah, yeah, not going.
Speaker 5: Back to Kangaroo Island anytime.
Speaker 1: So look, well you're off in a different direction with Lea next. But I think there's a bit of a common theme last week.
Speaker 3: Course, kids are just kids. They give me here, yes.
Speaker 2: Holiday correct layer from Mount Parker, good morning, try you what the fok on the holiday?
Speaker 9: Well, we're just engage In Spain, we went to Paris. We were climbing up the Eiffel Tower and my was like, I'm not feeling too well. I'm like, okay, just like to say you need a little bit quicker, I think so yeah, so it's like quick, quick, quick, quick click, and said I've never been so thankful to thee toilet in my life. At the top of the Eiffel Tower. We were stuck at the top of the Eiffel Tower while he.
Speaker 2: Was in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then we got back to the hotel and he was so sick and couldn't get out of bed for twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: And then when we.
Speaker 9: Got home, then you're testing and he says out the food quade and he caught Norman and he found he said, oh country, so they had to recorded to the organization. Yeah, and he lost fourteen.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: He could not eat or drink anything for two weeks.
Speaker 11: It was so bad.
Speaker 9: And he still stuffers now.
Speaker 2: Like five years later, Leah, having just been in that position, Gastro in the confines of a hotel room, it ain't good.
Speaker 5: Yes, there is nowhere nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: But also, Leah, I mean having a bit of an episode on top of the earthel tower at both ends and it rains down on the streets of Paris.
Speaker 3: It's not a good thing. And the follow up from that is all the issues with the send River and the triathletes. No, and that's thanks to your husband.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Certainly wasn't in the opening ceremony, was it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Lea, thank you so much for your call. You under stand by this for a liver rod rega. Can we send you off to the other lay thirty six's as well?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'd be lovely.
Speaker 1: Great Little Night Out at Laid thirty six has been the Southeast Melbourn Phoenix on Thursday, October third. Be part of the action all in for MBR twenty five. Getch tickets now at Dick Deck. Oh Church, You've had quite the journey. Just never go on holidays again. I think I will never go on holidays again.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one of our favorite humans who we like to have a chat with on Jodi and Hazy. She is the star of tonight's episode of Thank God You're Here on the Beautiful Tent Network, and she's also the host of the Cheap Seats Say good Morning to Melanie Bracefall.
Speaker 11: Hey Hi, I'm never described as the Beautiful ten met exactly a corporate darling.
Speaker 2: I only say it because I'm a part of it, and I also live in fear of ending up on your show.
Speaker 11: No, I love you show. It's also all in good fun.
Speaker 5: Oh goodness mate, thank God You're here. What a cracking show it is.
Speaker 2: Just have the fear levels of going on this show for you between one and ten.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's at a solid ten, it is. It's one of those things where as a comic you can so we'll just get a little comfortable. You know, you've got the sort of safe spaces and and you can do gigs and you can write jokes and all that sort of stuff, and then thank god you're here, just completely uprooted you and yeah, you turn up and the makeup artists they're so secretive. They're all whispering, you know, like hiding things, and like, I kind of love it, even though it is terrifying.
Speaker 2: And so obviously when they make you up and they dress you, you have a real sense of what you're walking into.
Speaker 11: Sometimes sometimes I feel like they try and trick you, so you think you're going to come in as some one thing and then it's completely different from you. Imagine. I remember one of the old episodes and I think Hamish Blake talked about it, how he was dressed up like a tennis players, Okay, I'm going to be it, like the Australian Open, and then as soon before he walked on, they splashed blood all over him and he was arriving in heaven.
Speaker 1: So it's like, so you go from that where you are under pressure and potentially look like an idiot, to making other people exposing them for their idiot behavior. The cheap seats. This this is an institution. Are you surprised that, I'm sure that people would be getting in contact with you guys so much saying hey, I've got something for you.
Speaker 11: Yes, we do get that a little bit. We've got our spies all across Australia. But yeah, Tim and I watch a lot. We're always watching. We're sort of like the big brother of the media landscape. So yeah, we just we have our little ways of finding things. But a lot of the time we aren't. We are not trying to take the first out of you guys as journalists. We are taking the piss out of the media landscape in general. I think how it's like, you know, you've got you have to do it. I mean, there are big world events and then you do have to interview a cow and ask if it's been doing a lot of tools lately, you know, like it's all it's the whole part of this, you know, media system, and we like to sort of put all those things together.
Speaker 3: I love how it's a genuine badge of honor.
Speaker 1: Now, so if you make the cheap seats well done, there's.
Speaker 11: A few people that are really be excited to be a Reporter of the week end because they were like, hey, last week we did it. I jumped off the building and I didn't get Reporter of the week I'm furious.
Speaker 5: Now I should send you the vision.
Speaker 2: Because he works for Channel seven, I should send you the vision of him being shat on by a cow.
Speaker 9: That was Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we missed that bit of a flashback. It was just before.
Speaker 1: It was about five or six years ago, so it was before the Chief Seats started. But I'll tell you what I had now if I could, if I could do it all again now, definitely would because all of a sudden, bang, you're on the Chief Seats.
Speaker 11: Are you intending to get absolutely?
Speaker 3: Can you believe it? I was trying to milk the cow.
Speaker 5: I'll do it again now. Thank you so much for having a chat with us this morning.
Speaker 2: All the best on Thank god you're here, and as always, the Cheap Seats an absolute institution. As Haze said, thank you so much much.
Speaker 8: Is it