Speaker 1: Just so you guys know. On our notes it has Anna to tell everyone she has watched Long Legs and give a review.
Speaker 2: I did see that and I just totally ignored it.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 3: Oooo.
Speaker 1: It is spooky season and welcome to Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: I am currently looking at Frankenstein in front of me with some googly eyes.
Speaker 2: And what are you looking at that?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure? What is it? Like a carved a carved pumpkin face?
Speaker 2: Shall we take our masks off? Well, no, it's boom.
Speaker 1: You can't see. But like I have the biggest smile.
Speaker 3: This is this is literally like what Matt's streams are made of.
Speaker 2: Getting into Halloween.
Speaker 1: Well, I said to you I was gonna go as Frankenstein. I told this to you.
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of fun dressing up. I love it.
Speaker 1: I do. I do love it as well. Who are going as this Halloween?
Speaker 3: Well? I had a murder mystery. Well, firstly, happy Halloween.
Speaker 2: Everyone happy Halloween.
Speaker 3: Get involved, like I feel like, just dive headfirst. In America, they just they get involved in Halloween. There's so many amazing traditions, and I feel like in Australia we just need to dive in and make the most holidays.
Speaker 1: We're slowly getting there. I feel slowly like it's getting in. Like I've done parving, pumpkin carving. Now what for like the last four years we have?
Speaker 3: Ye. I did a murder mystery last night and honestly so much fun. So basically everyone was assigned a character. I was assigned an air hostess and so I dressed up. Obviously I'll put a picture on our Facebook page for everyone to see my outfit or check out my socials. And it was honestly just so much fun. And no one knew who the killer was until we got handed little pamphlets and then one person's pamphlet said.
Speaker 2: You are the murderer and it wasn't me. I was the FBI.
Speaker 1: You were the FBI. I was the FBI, and then you saw what Like everyone, it's just like a game of clueto, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really funny because Michael on the way to this murder mystery was like, read me the synopsis, like I want to know what's happening, and reading it, it sounds like Michael's the main character.
Speaker 2: So he's like, oh am, I the main character. I love this. This is so good. He was loving it. Anyway.
Speaker 3: It turns out that my character, the air hostess, had to like flirt with Michael on the plane, and then I got invited to his party that's part of the murder mystery.
Speaker 2: And I seduced him.
Speaker 3: But he thought that like he was like mister Harvier Suavier, but really I was double bluffing him and I was the FBI trying to get some info out of.
Speaker 1: Him, so you're undercover.
Speaker 2: I was undercover. He was pissed.
Speaker 3: It kind of had his ego in real life.
Speaker 2: It was actually really funny, like he was.
Speaker 3: Like, actually, when I told the whole group that I was FBI and that I had made romantic moves towards him that weren't actually genuine because I was doing it for my job, but I could see his heart go.
Speaker 1: Where do you find this game for everyone to play it?
Speaker 3: I think you can just go to your local like I don't know Amazon, Amazon Online and there's like lots of different games you can play. But the good thing is is when everyone gets really involved. So everyone's costumes at our Murder Mystery party were so so, so so good.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about Halloween. Like, I've got a couple of the Disney party which I'd like you to come.
Speaker 3: You have mentioned it a couple of times that, yes.
Speaker 1: I'd like We went. Last year, we went as Alice in Wonderland, and I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking, did I forgot about that?
Speaker 1: I was thinking this year, maybe I go as Buzz Lightyear and you and Michael go as Jesse and Woody jessem Woody and the three of us go.
Speaker 2: You do know how to twist my arm?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: When I say no. When I say no to Matt, He's like, but let's just do it for the podcast, And I'm like, god damn it.
Speaker 1: It works every time. But I tell you what I did twist your arm to do or you twisted my arm? Either way. We went to the old Melbourne Jail, Oh we did. And we went ghost hunting.
Speaker 3: We did go ghost hunting. And the whole premise of us going ghost hunting actually was to convince you that ghosts actually exist.
Speaker 1: Now, I would say that I believe in ghosts because I said in the last episode, I lived in a haunted house. There was ghost there.
Speaker 3: You literally said you didn't believe that it was haunted.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, there's probably a reasonable explanation for why there was some one footsteps walking down the hallway, why lights were left on, why doors were blown open.
Speaker 2: You're just a messy person made.
Speaker 1: No, it's all. There's all reasonable explanations. But I just think that, like, you know, go really, I've seen enough movies to think it's just a thing that movies like paranormal activity sort of ghost It's it's not real. But we went to the old Melbourne jail to have a look. What did you think about it?
Speaker 2: You know what? It was very creepy.
Speaker 3: I will say that I've never actually gone to a place before that I know is haunted. And there was a specific jail cell that was haunted. I think it was seventeen. Should we take it?
Speaker 2: Should we take a listen?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a listen. Okay, we're currently in the old Melbourne goal. Is that hey, you pronounce it?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: And we got told by the front counter the most haunted room was number seventeen, So.
Speaker 3: Obviously Matt is currently heading to jail seventeen.
Speaker 2: I don't know about either. I have a bit of an eerie vibe in here a lot of people have done.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's head to seventeen and see what this is all about. Okay, firstly, we have to talk about the fact that we went to the old Melbourne jail. Matt's idea, mind you, he was the one that looked it up, who did the research. And turns out we get there and he starts calling it the old Melbourne goal, and he kept saying it to people, and I was like, Matt, you're embarrassing me.
Speaker 1: Is it not spelt goal out the front?
Speaker 3: It's selled Yes, it is spelt gold, but it's the old way of spelling it.
Speaker 2: It's jail.
Speaker 3: Why would it be the old Melbourne goal if we're not at the soccer.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just another word, Like I thought it was another word for jail back in the day. No, like I didn't realize they spelt jail like goal. I can't spell it. The times.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even try to back yourself up in this.
Speaker 2: I think you just take the l and move on.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, yeah, so we went to the old Melbourne jail.
Speaker 2: We did go to the old Melburn jail.
Speaker 1: And we we investigated for ghosts.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about jail cell number seventeen because we were told that was the scariest, spookiest, most terrifying jail cell because it was where people would go before they were killed.
Speaker 2: And we walked in there and.
Speaker 3: I had goose bumps, immediately, goose bumps. And so did you don't come on this podcast, Matt and now do a reverse backflip on me.
Speaker 1: No, I there was a there was definitely an eerie feeling in there. I think you said it. They felt like a feeling of regret and a feeling of like.
Speaker 2: Like something dark. It was like morbid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt that. I definitely felt that in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then you felt the ghosts. Would you say it's like negative spirits. It's like people's last moments there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where they've thought about what they've done. Let's listen to the next one. I was literally to say that in all the cells there's people what would you even call them? Like mask? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It looks it's a face and it's how they looked when they died to.
Speaker 2: See their face.
Speaker 1: It's pretty eerie even like seeing them look around, like, I just think it'd be gross to live here, Like.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't want to live It's like being in a toilet, the smallest toilet you've ever been in.
Speaker 2: It's honestly terrifying. I couldn't stay there for more.
Speaker 1: Than a minute. It reminds me of this. I'll tell that on this I'll tell that on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Actually, what do you want to tell.
Speaker 3: Of?
Speaker 1: Actually? Okay, so we just got to number seventeen.
Speaker 3: It's like, actually, way more creepy, it's way more echoe.
Speaker 1: We actually walking side a bit.
Speaker 2: Don't love me in I know that you're thinking of doing it first.
Speaker 1: Can you feel that spirit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel bad vibes. I feel really bad vibes.
Speaker 1: Do you okay?
Speaker 3: I'm ready to.
Speaker 1: Get my stage out. Ghost, are you here?
Speaker 3: If there's a ghost with us, make a noise in ten seconds.
Speaker 2: That I always thought?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? I?
Speaker 3: Actually I'm playing, Okay, if there's a ghost, present yourself in the next three seconds three two, I'm trying to the ghosts like me out three two.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: So no ghosts presented themselves. Case closed.
Speaker 3: It's not case closed. Like literally, every time I tried to do it, you were trying to scare me. To be honest, I was actually really grateful you didn't lock me in that cell because I was getting like seriously creepy energy. But I think I have kind of turned you into a ghost believer after that. I'm not you said it yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was definitely an eerie feeling in there was there a ghost. I don't know. I didn't see one. I didn't see any goos. I didn't hear from any ghosts. So the verdicts still out the jury start. We'll have to try somewhere else next spooky season.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, let's talk about couple's outfits for twenty twenty four. We're both in a couple, and I think like we we both love like a matching fit with our partners. So you have a list of some of the top twenty twenty four Halloween dress ups. I'm excited to hear this because I kind of need some inspo.
Speaker 1: I do, yes, but we need to pick Disney ones. So Jesse and Woody, Oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is for the Disney party.
Speaker 3: He's still he's still getting me to this Disney Party.
Speaker 2: He's not giving up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the trending ones for twenty twenty four my list is Victoria and David Beckham.
Speaker 2: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a cool outfit as well.
Speaker 1: It's pretty easy as well.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 3: I love Posh Spice when I like, you know how when everyone us to dress up as a Spice girls and all the girls would be baby Spice.
Speaker 2: I was always Posh Spice.
Speaker 1: Always was she your favorite?
Speaker 2: She was my favorite?
Speaker 1: Wine was ginger weird? Okay. The next one is Joker and Harley Quinn. Obviously, yeah, I came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah dress then I do love Margot Robbie and I feel like.
Speaker 1: This is Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: The new one is that out?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's terrible. Apparently I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: I haven't even heard of it. I don't even know it was. I was like Margot Robbie.
Speaker 1: The Matrix, tell me and I did that.
Speaker 2: You guys did that.
Speaker 3: The glasses were creeping me out on you a little bit, like you could have pulled them down like slightly, just like doing that.
Speaker 1: I always wear my glasses. Why, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like I wanted to, like when I saw that TikTok of you guys, Like, obviously you both looked great. I'm not like throwing any shade, Frankenstein, I'm not even a thing. And yeah, I was just like wanting to reach my hands through the screen and like pull your glasses down.
Speaker 1: Always do that my glasses. I feel uncomfortable when they sit.
Speaker 2: They're not goggles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for some reason, I do that. A lot of people have said that to me.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, Next we have Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 1: See that one. That's a good one. It could be unisex. Yeah, we have Deadpool and a Lady Deadpool. That's a spoiler alert for anyone that's seen the movie. Hasn't seen the movie.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what they would look like. To be honest, I haven't seen Deadpool.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's judging me.
Speaker 1: This one has come back from last year. I think this is quite timeless for the next couple of years. Barbie and Ken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Barbie and Ken.
Speaker 3: But I mean when the whole Barbie thing came out, everyone was dressing up as Barbie.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's kind of done.
Speaker 1: Remove it from the list, you reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 2: Remove it like they're done.
Speaker 3: It's so last year. That's the worst American action.
Speaker 1: This one is actually very easy. Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's they're going to say. Travis Barker and Corney Kardashian.
Speaker 1: That's a good one as well.
Speaker 2: That would be a good one. That would be a good one like Rocker Vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. Check that one on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alphaba and Glinda Yeah from Wicked.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that hasn't come out yet, but they're trending they will be. So that's the the Wicked Witch, I'm pretty sure. And the nice one okay. Colin Bridgeton and Penelope Featherington.
Speaker 2: Featherington Featherington. We love a bit of Bridgington.
Speaker 1: I don't. I've never seen it, you know what, Like you.
Speaker 3: Think I'm missing out. You're missing out because Bridgeton is so good, like.
Speaker 1: Just perverted stuff, isn't it just all my wrong?
Speaker 3: No, it's like a really good storyline and there's hot sex in it, so it's like really ticking all boxes.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, as long as there's a good storyline.
Speaker 2: Involved, so it's a good sex scene involved.
Speaker 1: Grow an amnion.
Speaker 2: So I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that. I've only seen it someone with the kids. Okay, yeah, that's the only reason I know that Lydia deets and beetlejuice. So that's that's.
Speaker 2: Pretty that's kind of on trend, Yeah.
Speaker 1: On trend top gun. And then let's end with Sabrina Carpenter and Barry from the music clip. Please please please.
Speaker 2: Very very good final one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love myself a bit of Sabrina Carpenter at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll put that list on the Facebook page, and if anyone takes our advice on those outfits, please send us a photo I want to see.
Speaker 3: Yes, please please, please please maybe.
Speaker 1: You've already had that idea and send them.
Speaker 2: To us, please, Serena Carpenter, please excluse please please miss Yeah, I was like, did you get my joke? You normally get jokes.
Speaker 1: That's that's not good. So spooky season, Anna, I have been powering through horror movies, like I watch them every day, you know, all the time. But I have absolutely just been powering through them. At the moment, just try to get as many and as I came to get really in the spooky vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do love getting yourself into the vibes. Christmas fives, spooky vibes. Easter you probably watched Bunny Rabbits.
Speaker 1: I don't get into Easter so much. I like, you know, as it ticks over from September the thirty first or thirty whatever it is in September to October the first, I literally go from AFL to Spooky Season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're very like regimented.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like in Easter you could watch like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 1: Well that's the first time I've heard that, But that's actually not a bad idea, you know, like chocolate. Yeah, it makes sense, It does make sense. There is actually a horror movie for Easter. Time really gave it a one out of ten.
Speaker 3: Well as someone who actually hasn't watched one horror movie yet. For Spooky Season, I know Matt shaking his head at me. I'm in the bad books, and he's very disappointed. But do you have a recommendation or a list, let's say, of maybe like your top five horror movies that I and maybe people listening at home who haven't gotten immersed into the horror movie Spooky vibes so that we can go and watch the.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I put together a list of horror movies that have come out this year. So these are new releases.
Speaker 2: But are they good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really good. But my personal opinion, they're very good. They're the new ones because I've obviously been watching ones from like other years, but these are the new ones that I've watched this year that I recommend going either buying the DVD if you still do that, or buying it on amazons anymore.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, just purchase it to watch, purchase it on like your streaming service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, So I would just power through them. No need to give full reviews. Go to my Instagram for that. The Watchers seven out of ten, Maxine eight out of ten, Speak No Evil eight out of ten. That one is so good. James McAvoy is terrifying. It's not terrifying. It just makes you feel so uncomfortable, let's know from me, because you sort of realize going on and then you're like, oh, and you realize that this couple can't get away from him. It's so uncomfortable. Sting eight out of ten. Smile to seven out of ten, Blink twice. Have you seen anything about that which Tatum? There is a scene in that that is not gruesome disturbing. It's just really disturbing. Do you spoil it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't spoil it. If that's a nine out of ten, I feel like people might go watch that.
Speaker 1: This one unbelievable. This one I recommend in a Violent nature, yea violent nature A nine out of ten, Tarot seven out of ten. Late Night with the Devil is on Netflix eight out of ten, The Exercise.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'll recommending.
Speaker 5: The Exorcism with Russell Crowe. It's the new one that came out. Okay, eight out of ten. Last one and this one, Anna I've been telling you for fucking months, is so mad at me? Long Legs nine out of ten, nine out of ten.
Speaker 3: You know what, dude, If you're putting the Exorcism on that list like I'm taking it with a pinch of.
Speaker 1: Salt, it's not the one you're thinking of. It's a new one with Russell Crowe.
Speaker 3: Do you do you want me to tell you my favorite Halloween spooky movie?
Speaker 1: If it's fucking hocus pocus or practical magic, I'll walk out.
Speaker 2: It's it's cast. For me, it's Wendy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fucking shit out.
Speaker 2: It's so good. There's three witches in there.
Speaker 3: At the end they go through, there's this like big you know what's it called, like a tornado thing, and they're like trying to get Wendy out or Casper out or one of them out.
Speaker 1: Is it scary?
Speaker 2: It was a little bit scary for me.
Speaker 3: It was like one out of ten scary, which is where I feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Just so you guys know, on our notes, it has Anna to tell everyone she has watched Long Legs and give a review.
Speaker 3: I did say that, and I just totally ignored it.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys.
Speaker 3: So obviously Matt is very much into horror movies, and I personally think that there's something a little bit strange about him. I think there's a couple of screws loose.
Speaker 1: My mum actually did say she saw a review for Terrifier three, which I went to see the other day. Yeah, and she said, like, I'm genuinely concerned that you can sit through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people were like vomiting in the cinema, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walking out, painting, passing out. It is it is even For me, it's gruesome, but it's a movie. You can you know, it's not real.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but like sometimes like movies like crossover into feeling very real and it feels a lot more like reality, and you're like, also.
Speaker 2: Who's sick enough to come up with this or to make this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, A little bit of me thinks that when I watch it, like what's going through people's head to think of this? But more like I compartmentalize that it's a movie. Like I've watched movies before with my family and they're like, oh, he's dead, and I'm like, it's a character.
Speaker 3: So you're not like the person who like, if someone dies, you're gonna cry.
Speaker 1: I will. I watch the Gladiator the other day and I cried a little bit of Gladiator. I will. But like sometimes I'm just like, you're it's a character. It depends on the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, So like in Titanic, you're obviously crying when Jack's like falling off the ice.
Speaker 1: It rose because there's room for two people. No, But like for the Terrify, it's a slasher. He's going around killing people. You're not emotionally attached to. They're characters. You have no emotional attachment.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I don't need your excuses. I think there's a screw loose with Matt. I think there's something not quite right about him. So I looked up the top five reasons as to why people like and enjoy watching horror movies, and we're going to go through them now, And the first one is that it's an adrenaline rush. You are an adrenaline junkie.
Speaker 2: Is this true?
Speaker 1: I mean, sure, like sometimes it's even a bit of like adrenaline, but your heart rate gets up. But I mean, I'm on an adrenaline junkie. You've asked Haammy. She was a bit annoyed that I didn't go on any of the roller coasters at movie well the other day.
Speaker 3: I just was like, no, so you're an adrenaline junkie as long as you're in the safe space of a movie cinema.
Speaker 1: But I just yeah, yeah, I mean, I just yeah, maybe it gets you going, it does it?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you feel like you're like, well, if you pick horror movies over a comedy where you're laughing, then it must get you going in some way or another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it gives me adrenaline, though, maybe maybe it gives me like a dopemin hit that I'm not realizing I'm getting. That's sort of like quick dope me here, watch like to keep me like when you feel like that feeling. I think that's what it's doing.
Speaker 3: The second one is that it's safe exploration of fear, so viewers can take themselves into these dark spots. They can explore these dark themes and situations without real life consequences, allowing a cathartic experience. Number three social bonding. It's something that you enjoy doing with friends and family and bonding at getting scared together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Tammy and I do like, if not fortnightly to weekly date nights where we go watch the new horror movie at the cinemas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like your things, I think, so that's.
Speaker 1: What we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She did say the other day that, damn, we're watching a lot of horrors, and I did say, yeah, and I think we watched a comedy.
Speaker 2: Didn't you laugh? Weren't you just joyful?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know. I love comedies as much as the next guy, but you know.
Speaker 2: I think that you want to be the funny guy. So you're like, what's the point of this. I'm the main character here. Laugh at me.
Speaker 1: Only.
Speaker 3: The fourth reason curious about the unknown. Many people are curious about the supernatural, and horror films can satisfy this curiosity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we went to the old Melbourne jail to do that and see paranormal in that. Yeah, it does. I am curious at watching him, like, yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it, but also like you're a denial Like you're like in there, you were like, oh my god, creepy vibes, and then you come into the studio in front of everyone forgetting that you've recorded a whole thing at the Melburn Jail, and you're like, I don't believe in ghosts.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The fifth and only one.
Speaker 3: Is the psychological thrills. Fans often appreciate the complexity of horror narratives, character development, and moral dilemmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I agree with that. I like to when I watch him, like I said, I like to emotionally invest in the character, so I like, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Matt, I have one last thing for our Halloween horror movie, and I've brought with me a skull cap.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna surprise me, and.
Speaker 3: He thought that I wasn't gonna do this, but I'm throwing it to Matt. Now he's gonna put on a skull cap for us.
Speaker 4: This won't fit my head, and it's gonna be the spookiest thing you've seen all day.
Speaker 3: And this will be on our Facebook page for you guys all to see.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you look like you're wearing a condo on your head. You know, He's hey, you always look good. I've ever seen you look.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's not good.
Speaker 3: Guys, Happy Halloween. We're having a lot of fun in here. Dress up, get involved, do some pumpkin carving.
Speaker 2: Don't look like Matt.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm trying to he's taking a photo of himself.
Speaker 2: And until next time.
Speaker 3: Bye,