Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey and this is High Scrollers, that podcast version of your farroup chain. We're mixing it up tonight, Yeah, remix. We have been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh, plus we talk a lot about ourselves as well.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, I have a new drink obsession that has changed.
Speaker 2: My life and just from the description, it's changing mine as well. Like I need to run out and get one straight away.
Speaker 1: Can you please go and get one today after this? Yes, I need a review.
Speaker 2: Absolutely kill me in dull. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew. I forgot to say something in a recent record of ours. Yeah, I don't know when the episode was. We're just being recording back to back with our big backs that I've forgotten. I've forgotten when it was. But anyway, in a recent episode, I found this TikTok and it was, what's a habit that you have implemented in your life that has just like changed your life and you'll never not do it? And not that this is a habit, but I just wanted to share this because I actually saw a dedicated lifestyle share a real and it's what triggered the thought for me. So not that this is a habit, it's just a thing that you do once and I did it a while ago and it changed my life, and I just wanted to share about I want to say, over five years ago, I threw out my scales that I had in the bathroom and since then, I have never stood on a set of scales in the five years because I know, maybe I don't know about you, Matt, but like when people have scales in their house, sometimes they'll stand on them every day. And that was me for like ever, or if I was ever at someone's house, like AJ's mum's house, or go to someone's house and you know, you go to the bathroom of scales there, you're like, oh, and you just jump on it because you want to see. And I had a really unhealthy relationship with the number on the scales, and so I threw them out like five years ago, and then I've made a conscious effort ever since then if I'm ever in a bathroom that has scales, to never step on them. So for like over five years now, I've never known what I weigh, And like the mental clarity of that is, like that is one habit that will absolutely change your life.
Speaker 2: Throw out your scales. Yep, yeah, I'm police supporting of that. I got to a point where, because I was the same every single everit, I got to a point where my number on the scales, just if it was a digital one, it would just stay error, or if it was one that had the numbers that would spin round like the real old ones. My grandma had one of those. I'd step on that and it'd just spinned twice. So went, fuck me, I'm not getting umber. And remember when numb. I don't know if they still have them, but remember you'd see in shopping centers, yes, scales, and you'd step on the big silk thing and you'd have to put like a dollar coin or something in and it'd weigh you in front of everyone in the like who.
Speaker 1: Was using those Yeah, well that's my habit, and it's not a habit because you do it once. And it changed my life because honestly, my whole teenage years, like late teens going into early twenties, I was obsessed with weighing myself. I would get the my fitness pal app, I'd put my weight in every day, like obsessing over a fucking number and literally.
Speaker 2: My fitness power. You've just unlocked a fucking.
Speaker 1: Memory five years ago. Threw them out, literally said to Adam, I'm fucking throwing these out and I've never looked back. And I highly highly encourage anyone to do that, especially if you feel like you have a bad relationship with your weight and the scales and the number and being obsessed and like why did it go up one kilo? Fucking who cares?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Also, just a little word of advice if you do this or you already have done this and you didn't know this, because I didn't know and then I did it and I was like, this is amazing. Is if you go to because I have the same attitude as you, obviously I think life is worth so much more than the number on the scales. But when you go to the doctor. Sometimes you've got to get weighed by the doctor when he's just doing all the checkups and everything. You know, she or they, Okay, well mine's a he, so you can get fucked. Yeah we said they, yes, they them. So you can actually say, if you've got to weigh yourself at the doctor, you can just just say, don't tell me, don't tell me what they number. I do the same. And if they're a good doctor, they should respect that. And if they don't respect that and happen to tell you, then I would find a new doctor. But mine has been really good with that. I go, he'll go and can you get on the scale, And I go, I will, But you're not allowed to tell me what the number is. Please, I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Once you like, forget about that number. I couldn't tell you. I would have no idea what I weigh, no fucking idea. And the just the clearness of my head not knowing what I weigh is great. I'm not saying don't worry about like your health and whatever, Like, if you want to be healthy by all means, go ahead, but just don't obsess over the number. Just instead, like focus on you and how you feel. That is my life changing life hack. Gorcha one time habit fucking see at a way to.
Speaker 2: Start your Tuesday. Everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's going home tonight and throwing out the scales, lock gone.
Speaker 2: What else has been happened in your life? Oh?
Speaker 1: I've got an obsession?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, so on the total other end of the spectrum. Yeah, we've ended one obsession. We've got a new one.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is Mango Lassie.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is that? Is this another Sunny Angels? Yeah? Hey, by the way, did you see that? Like you? Oh no, hang on, what's Sunny Angels? Yeah, Sonny Angels. You mentioned Sonny Angels on this podcast fucking months and months and now everyone's doll an unboxing of Sunny Angels and La boo booze yep. And I'm like brought Sunny Angels to my attention about six seven, eight months ago. Now I don't know how long ago it was, but.
Speaker 1: You really do know a trend when I see it, You're ahead.
Speaker 2: Of the game.
Speaker 1: Ah. Well, now this is a drink, So it's Mango Lassie.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you know when you go to the Indian shop and you're waiting, like I always go to Raja's in Newcastle, like Raja's corner, and in the fridge there's always like an orange drink, a pink drink, and it looks like milky, like a smoothie, and they've got them in pre made cups with the plastic seal on the top.
Speaker 2: Go Google, girl, Can I have a Can?
Speaker 1: I please my whole life? When I've gone to Raja's to get my butter fucking chicken, I look in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Like you're talking an Indian takeaway ra Yes, yep, gorgeous. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: If you go to most like of your local Indian takeaway shops, they will have it in the fridge. Damn it. There's no photo for a reference. It's like that, but they usually just have a seal on the top and then you get a straw to stick it in. Ye. So a little while back, I was getting dinner for Aj and I and I again, I would always stare at them in the fridge. It's like pale orange, pale pink, and I'd always be like, what are those fucking drinks? So one day I thought I'm just gonna get one and try it. I had no idea what it was I'd just seen it every time and now I'm.
Speaker 2: Obsessed And what is it? It looks like a yoga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like it's like milky, so it's not thick like yogurt.
Speaker 2: Go google girl, What is a mango lassie?
Speaker 1: It is an yogurt drink. It's a traditional drink. The mango lassie is made with canned mango pulp blended with milk, yogurt, and ice for a smooth, creamy, refreshing Indian drink. Using mango pulp makes this recipe easy and avoids any chalky flavor that you can sometimes get with fresh mangoes. Sprinkles some ground cardamom on top if you like. I've never had it with that, I don't think anyway. If you love mango, I haven't tried the strawberry or anything, but they usually have a few flavors.
Speaker 2: I it looks delicious.
Speaker 1: So every time I fucking get Indian, now I get the mango lassie and drinking it with like eating the Indian food because I think maybe it's good. Yeah, and because it's a bit it's yo It's like do you remember what were those yo go gurt things?
Speaker 2: Go GURTs?
Speaker 1: It reminds me of that, but way nicer. And now we get Indian pretty often, I would say, and I always get it with a mango lassie now and it just hits the clip as you.
Speaker 2: Would say, Oh my god. I literally I could fuck up a mango lassie and a cheese right now.
Speaker 1: Honestly, So next time you're getting Indian for dinner or lunch or whenever, and if they have the lassies, get them. I've gotten so bad that I'm just ordering mango lassies on Uber e by themselves, like just the mango lassie I got. Oh they're so young.
Speaker 2: You've changed my life. Actually, I don't order Indian all that often because I don't. It's just one of those takeaways that I know are really reached for because.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have it like maybe once a month or.
Speaker 2: What can you get there? Because I know you get butter chicken.
Speaker 1: I'm basic. All I get is buttered chicken with rice.
Speaker 2: And because butter Chicken's never done it for me, And then I know there's a mango chicken like that is massimoon beef Indian No, that's tie, okay, all right, Well that's CVIL I know, because honestly, when I was younger and people would have their birthday dinners at an Indian restaurant, I would get the cheesey nun. Oh, fuck up a cheesey nne right now.
Speaker 1: But I would just order a food podcast. Change to category it's food now.
Speaker 2: I'd always just get chicken nuggets and chips off the kid's menu because of course, I've never liked any heat in my true in my food, and even a butter chicken was sometimes too spicy because I think, well, I think it was the curry powder obviously, and for me, I could never I could never di or with that. But now I might have to dip my toe back into Indian cuisine, especially from Mengo Lassi, because you sold me on those. But could you look up, Hannah, and this is so stupid, could you look up an Indian takeaway restaurant's menu for me? Please go Google, girl, and I will tell you what I will venture out to have you know what. I went to a vegan restaurant once, actually in I was in the Enna West somewhere I couldn't even remember the name. I think it had something to do with a turtle though, and they had massiman curry massaman. Well, obviously a masaman beef, but it was vegan, so they used potatoes and it was just a dish full of potatoes with a Masiaman sauce. Oh my god, it was delicious. I did love that a bit spicy, but that's all right. Right, here we go. We've got the colonial restaurant British Indian cuisine or I don't know. Oh, hang on, what the bloody that's going on here? You know the Prince of Wales today special. What's the picture of Prince Charles doing that? I don't I don't think that's right. Yeah, that one seems good. All takeaway orders, well, fucking hell, let's order. Here we go, all right, so we've got yeah, I could do a samosa. I think, what's that like? A curry puff somosa? I love a curry puff from a tai restaurant. Narn's obviously, we've already said I'll get a nun. We've got oh chicken teacar. Now, I've heard that's I've heard a lot about that, so maybe I should start with a chicken Teacum. I'm looking at the rest prawn pepper fry. That doesn't sound too bad don't mind a prawn here and there. It's hard to tell what some of these are, though, So I couldn't do a Punjabi fish curry because I hate fish. I'm not I'm not doing a chili pannier, although that's basic.
Speaker 1: I just love butter chicken that says it's.
Speaker 2: Just diceed cottage cheese stir fried in spicy chili pepper sauce. I actually maybe could do that. I'm loving cottage cheese. It's it's hard to find cottach cheese at the moment, given that bowl went viral? Did you try that, Brittany? What the sweet potato cottage cheese bowl?
Speaker 1: Like sweet potato?
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, I didn't try it either. But I can't get my high protein cottage cheese, which I love putting in scrambled eggs.
Speaker 1: A cottage cheese shortage because it's gone so viral to the cottage cheese makers.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll have to put in the broadcast channel. Someone remind us, please, because we are probably this is a pre record, and we are probably somewhere in America right now. We're probably in Vegas, off our face, trying to remember what day it is and catch our next flight. But let us remind us and we'll put in the chat. You know, for me, as someone who doesn't like any heat in their dish, where should I start with? An Indian?
Speaker 1: But a chicken? Mild, but a chicken. I'm telling you it's not spicy.
Speaker 2: It's still too spicy. Is a chicken teak a spicy? Let's just give me some because then once I get home, I'll do an Indian takeaway? Spice up your life. I think that would be a good place. Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for a Royal flush, and Hannah has left the fucking studio. Matt, this is the first time we're by ourselves in the history of recording high scrollers.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what are we gonna say? What's your royal flush? I've got my Royal flush? Okay, do you want me to go first? Because that's actually not that interesting. My Royal flush is just something that's so exciting. The new Final Destination movie is coming out soon. I know you hate horror movies, et cetera. Which Final Destination isn't really horror because it's glory.
Speaker 1: That's even worse. Okay, so you don't I hate the guts.
Speaker 2: And I thought you hated like a jump scare.
Speaker 1: I hate both.
Speaker 2: Okay, see I hate a jump scare as well, but I can deal with gore. And Final Destination are some of my favorite movie Final Destination three specifically, which is the rollercoaster one for those who are playing along at home, the one with the Tanning bed, and that's definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Oh and I'm very excited the whole franchise as a whole is like one of my favorite franchises, and I'm very excited for the new movie. The trailer looks so fun. And the thing that makes up my royal flush is not just the fact that it's coming out, but the fact that Final Destination is one of those franchises that just continuously for the last like because I think it's been ten years now since the last movie came out, or maybe even more. It's one of those franchises that, like constantly on the Internet, people are posting that a new one is coming just for a bit of content, you know, clickbait what do you call it. But you'll see on Facebook pages like Final Destination seven or whatever we're up to and they'll post like this AI generated poster and people will like obviously think it's real. And that's been happening for years. So I've never been able to believe. Even when the poster dropped and the official announcement came out and the and you know, news articles came out, I got something.
Speaker 1: Good to say. There were you going to say that you didn't even believe that it was real? No? Yeah, okay. So I saw a TikTok on this topic of AI and every image being so fake these days. Hannah's back. I feel like we've been in class and the teacher left for a bit, and you know how the kids go crazy when the teacher goes to the bar.
Speaker 2: I don't even think we went that crazy.
Speaker 1: Now, we did nothing. Well. I saw this TikTok and it says this guy believes that because AI is becoming bigger and bigger and bigger, and all the fake videos that we're seeing and images that look completely real, he thinks that it's going to flip. Society is going to flip and crave in person interactions more than ever before. And he was speaking to this in terms of shopping, and he was saying that we are going to see a rise in physical in store shopping again, like going back to the old days where you would always go to the shops to buy stuff because everything on our screens is like so fake and AI emails we get from brands are just all starting to become AI generated and nothing feels personal anymore. And so that's what he was saying, and I was like, that's actually so fucking true, because I'm all for, like, how much fake shit are we going to see before we have enough? And then just go and crave that in person shopping interaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually went to late night shopping not that long ago, and I it was a ghost town. Like I was like, there are four people in this shopping center and I am one of them. It was almost scary. It felt like COVID days where I was like I don't think I am allowed to be outside of the house right now. And it was just really wild, like no stores had anyone in them. It was just at a Westfield and I was just like, this feels really eerie. And I don't know if it was just because it was it was a late night, so it was like, you know, eight pm. But I was like, I remember, you know when I would go to remember we'd go to late night back in the Gatara and at Garter like you couldn't move almost it was like.
Speaker 1: A social outing. Well, we have obviously our two Westfield stores and we have to do late night trade, but they're just it's not worth being open at night. It's not worth being up until nine o'clock. Like you'll still have shoppers, but it's not like what it used to be back in the day when it was like, yeah, buzzing and excited and you literally couldn't walk through because there was that many people. Yeah, but maybe with how much AI is taking over our screens, we might see in the next few years arise in people wanting just real life people interactions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, But I think it's hard because we also are in a place where a lot of the brands, like a lot of the brands that I shop with online and don't have any physical stores in Australia. So for me, like, I'm not gonna go into cotton On and try on clothes because nothing in cotton On has ever looked good on my body, and I still think that it wouldn't to this day. I don't know. Maybe I'll give them a goal at some stage, but like a lot of the brands that I'm shopping with are online only or overseas, like especially like we don't have an a sauce here, but if there was an ass store, I definitely go try on close in in store. But I can definitely see it happening though. I'm also overwhelmed by the amount of AI and every app now has their own AI thing, which I keep fucking accidentally clicking on, and it sends a prompt straight away. Like you know, if you're watching a TikTok and you accidentally press that AI thing, have you seen it on your for you page? It's literally right above the person's profile picture, Like I'll show you. So if I go to my TikTok and I'm just sitting on my for you page, basically I'll be scrolling and it's just there. So you've got obviously like your like and your comment and your profile picture and here. If I accidentally tap that, which happens so often because it's just on the side, it's now sent a message to the TikTok taco is what they call it. I don't have that, it's already asked the AI software what are some effective communication strategy And it's already sent me seven options within three seconds, and then also a bunch of other videos to watch on the topic. Because this girl, the video that I clicked it on, says, when I make a fire hate comment, then check my messages and see system notification. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have that on TikTok, but I did just open TikTok and Black China is live with her daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh what's happening? Anything fun?
Speaker 1: The daughter is so like grown.
Speaker 2: They play in a game of some sort. Anyway, Instagram's got it too. Have you tried to search and I'll search Brittany and then your thing comes up and I go to press your profile, but then it actually clicks the meta AI thing, and now it's saying all I typed in was Brittany, but now it says Britney Spears is a Multiplatinum award winning American singer, like I didn't even and it's spelt Britney the way you spell it. But it's now suggesting me, and it's suggesting me all these posts that are relevant to that as well. I keep accidentally clicking, like I don't mind you implementing AI stop fucking forcing me to use it. You know. Also, you know what pissed me off. You love chat GPT, right, So I actually used it for the first time the other day. But what were you doing or simple things that were like I just need another word that means this. So I was like, what isn't? What is a synonym for this word? And give me better examples. And then I was like, Okay, write this paragraph that I've written in a better way, like write it better I don't know, And then it didn't do it. So then I was like, write it more professionally and tried to like niche down on what I wanted. Fuck, it was hopeless. It was so hopeless. I went, surely people aren't because you know, you hear people using this. I got an email not long ago and Kate was over actually and she was like, dude, that is all chat GPT like that like lays out their emails. And I was like, surely people aren't using this because I actually found it so much more difficult than just using my fucking brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, Jaby, you can definitely tell.
Speaker 2: I'm a chat GPT hater.
Speaker 1: Who's this random person reading answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Answer on the pod? We can cut it out if we have to.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yes it is. I was just regarding your THEFX and the hedging for Faith.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, look at it at all?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not interested it in a sales call. Sorry, thanks, by Okay, I want to go on a fucking rant right now.
Speaker 2: Here we go, She's gonna she's off again.
Speaker 1: I insert Matt's rand of the Week audio.
Speaker 2: That's rid of the week. It's rounds of the week.
Speaker 1: I get people are just doing their job, but I fucking hate cold callers. I get they are just doing their job, and I get a call at least every day of someone trying to sell me something for my business, or would you like to make more money? Do you want us to help you generate more money? Sometimes I just say, well, while I've got you on the phone, do you have a wife that's looking for new clothes, let me tell you about this great website called Fate. Like, if people are gonna be calling me trying to make money out of me, I'm gonna start fucking selling back to them. I can't stand it. Like I appreciate the hustle, get that they're just doing a job, but like, don't call me and be like hi, And first of all, where did you get my fucking number?
Speaker 2: Yeah? From that feedback thing? Yeah, but did you ever hear back from them? No? They call it again.
Speaker 1: I can't remember, but i'd be able to find it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Don't give them anymore rear time.
Speaker 1: Don't call me and try to sell me something I didn't ask.
Speaker 2: And the fact that I could hear him from over here by the way, and he said something along lines of I sent you an email last week and didn't hear back.
Speaker 1: Like obviously, Oh, and I get sales pictures like when you're a business owner, every day you get new people in your inbox saying I can improve your ads, I can improve your reach on your mail sendouts, and then you don't write back, and you don't write back, and you don't write back. They follow up and follow up and follow up, and isn't that enough to be like, Okay, she's clearly not interested. Sometimes I write back like I just don't care, like I was nice to that guy just then, sort of. But usually I just don't give a fuck, And I say, would you like to buy something from my website? I've got this great business called fate, But usually with these emails that I get, and if they follow up five times, I write back and say, I haven't written back to one of your emails, I'm clearly not interested. Don't email me ever again.
Speaker 2: Because also even when you write back and say you're not interested, it doesn't like they won't take no for an answer anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't mind being sold to if I'm seeing an ad or if I've subscribed to a newsletter that if you fucking zoned out.
Speaker 2: No, I'm thinking about my time as a sales representative.
Speaker 1: Which, like I get that they're doing a job, but if I didn't sign up to this, if I didn't put my number down, if I didn't sign up to your mailing list, if I'm not seeing your adism scrolling on my phone, don't fucking call me and try and make me buy something. Yeah, what should I start up a fate fucking hotline where we call cold call people asking if they need a new wardrobe?
Speaker 2: Like, fuck off? Can I tell you about an experience I had. I didn't work there for very long, but I once worked for a cha and it was raising money for a certain charity, specifically for sick kids. And that's all I'll say, and it's not the one that I always spoke about. There's one that I always speak about, which I actually enjoyed working for. But there's another one that I didn't enjoy working for. And I didn't last very long there because I was like, this is actually fucked. It was cold calling, and I had to call whatever number it generated. And as I've said on the podcast before, you know how you can go on the do not call list. We could get past that because our phone lines would just randomly generate a number, as opposed to get it off a list, and so you're allowed to do it. So obviously, first of all, I was getting like abused, left, right and center because we were calling people who were on the do not call list. But second of all, in my training, I was literally told to guilt trip the people and say things like if I was like, hello, just wondering if you'd like to donate to Sick Kids charity today, which obviously I'm making that name up, and they go, no, I'm not interested. My next thing to say, this was the training I received, was to say no, you don't care about the sick kids in hospital, no worries, just to make them feel so guilty, and I just in my good conscience, like could not stay in a job that was guilty people into giving money to sick kids by literally guilt tripping them about the sick kids. I was like, this is too much on my moral compass. Let me dip out of this real quick.
Speaker 1: The last full time job that I had when I was twenty one was work iting, working for a company which was a third party which would then partner up with charities and stuff like Surf Life Saving Paralympics.
Speaker 2: Yes we said this before you.
Speaker 1: We did heaps, and we wouldn't do calling. We would do in the middle of shopping centers set up and we had like a door knocking team as well. And so when those people are set up in the middle of shopping centers or then knocking on doors, they've got the full uniform on, Like we would have the uniform because you'd work with like you know, Paralympics and Surf Life Saving, but you're not actually the charity. Like a lot of the money goes to the third party company. And so every time you see someone on they try and stop you. Or if someone comes to your door, just like you can say are you from the charity and they'll be like, oh no, I'm from a third party, and then you can just say I will go and make a donation directly to the charity, yeah, whatever it is, So then you know all that money is going straight to the charity rather than most of it to that third party company and a little bit to the charity.
Speaker 2: I think I had to start my phone course with I'm calling on behalf of yeah, the charity.
Speaker 1: Name Yeah Poor AJ. A guy came to our door the other night, like six pm as well, like dinner time, like after hours, and AJ's too nice, So we just stood there for ages and let the guy do he's spiel and he was sounded like a friendly guard and I'm just sitting inside listening. Then he got to the point where he asked AJ if he wanted to like sign up or whatever, and he's like, I'm actually just in the middle or something, and then he just shut the door, like I like you making.
Speaker 2: I've got two things for you. Yeah. So first of all, a couple of weeks ago, our doorbell rang and we were in a house now, as you all know, so we've got a doorbell which has a camera on it, so the doorbell rang, no one was at the door, so Sky went and answered the door, thinking must have been a parcel or something, and then the guy jumped out from around the corner.
Speaker 1: No, was that part of his theme?
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm assuming if you ring the doorbell and there's a camera, like, they're probably trained to know that if there's a camera, get out of the view, because otherwise we would have we literally would have looked at it and gone, as a salesperson, we're not going to the door. But because no one was there, he went and hid. So that's one thing to be wary of because obviously in an apartment we never got door knockers, so it's a new thing to be in a he and have that. And then the other day as well, Kate was over and obviously Kate owns her house and so someone the doorbell rang and I thought, oh, it might be a parcel or something. So I went to the door and answered, and it was a sales guy and he was like, are you the owner of this house? And I was like no, we rent sorry, and he was like, okay, do you know who the owners are? And I was like, no, I don't know who they are. And he was like oh, how do you rent? And I was like through the real estate agent. Like, I was like what, Like, I think he was trying to catch me up. Anyway, he was like, all right, no worries, have a good day, and he walked away. I think he was trying to sell solar or something potentially. Anyway, I went back into Kate, and Kate was like, why have I never thought to tell them that I'm just renting? Because obviously they're looking for the owners of the house. So if you own your house and get door knockers and they say are you the owner of the house, say no, sorry, we rent. And if they say do you know who the owners are, I'll go no, we just rent through the real estate. Because he just left me alone, and Kate was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna do that next time someone knocks on me door, Well you should get stuck talking to him.
Speaker 1: Apparently after this, I'm going to start fate door knocking marketing.
Speaker 2: You reckon, yep, fuck them. If I can just see you walking down the streets and Newcastle knocking on doors with a fucking closed rack full of severe.
Speaker 1: Address whole thing there, I'll say, do you want me to come in. You can try them on personal shopping. Let's fucking go old school and do door knocking at fate. Anyway, onto my royal flash.
Speaker 2: I didn't finish mine, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, mine is a food thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll move on. Yeah, go ahead. What even was yours final Destination? And I was saying that when the news articles came out, I didn't believe them. That's right, But now it's fully legit and it's coming out soon and I will be there with bells on to watch it. And if anyone wants to come, Scrollers, any Scrollers love Final Destination, let me know and we will go to the theater together. I could host my own premiere or something girls night out or girls night in. What's it called. I don't know. We could do something. Now you can go finished.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna absolutely hate this.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: My royal flush of the week is a pie that I saw on TikTok and it's a pie which, by the way, if any of you Scrollers live anywhere near this bakery, there's two. I believe they're both in Melbourne. One is in Eastwood and one is in Norwood. They sound like Melbourne suburbs to me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let me Adelaide. It's Jenny's Bakery in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Is it lasagna pie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why did I think Eastwood and Norwood was Melbourne? Anyway, you need to look up Jenny's Bakery. It's Jenny's Bakery a d L. So I'm guessing that's Adelaide on TikTok. They've got two locations, and Okay, everything on their TikTok looks amazing. Fuck well, I'm gonna have to go to Adelaide just so I can get it. But I saw this one video of theirs that they posted the lazagnya pie. It's lasagna but make it pie. Layers of cheesy, saucy perfection in every bite. Oh and it just looks so fucking good? Are you joking? Anyway? I commented and said, can you ship me one to Newie? And she said or they said, wish we could come on. Surely they could just put in like a little freezer box and send it to me. But anyway, I'm going to freakin' Adelaide just to go and get that lazagna pie and everything else they do looks absolutely amazing, and that's my role. Flush and I knew that you would hate it, because I know you hate Lazi.
Speaker 2: Yeah fair. I saw it Cols not long ago, a Red Rooster pie chicken and gravy, and I got it. It wasn't bad. Wouldn't get it again, but I can recommend, so if you like a chicken and gravy roll from Red Rooster, try the chicken and gravy pie. It's like I think it's four and twenty and it's like a collab with Red Rooster. Yeah, And I think it was only two dollars, and I thought, I'll give that a go. Look, it wasn't the best thing in the world. And as I said, I'm not going to buy it again, but I reckon it's worth trying. If you haven't heard about it and you think you might like that, give it a go. I also tried a cheeseburger pie. Hated that one, though I love a fucking pie. Oh, I love a pie honestly. Oh as we know. Sorry how many times were spoken about pies on this podcast.
Speaker 1: This is turning into a food product.
Speaker 2: I love a pie. Specifically, cheese and bacon is probably my favorite. You got the meat with the melted cheese on top and the bits of bacon through it. Oh fucking wow.
Speaker 1: I'm just a meat and cheese I always just go for the meat and cheese pie.
Speaker 2: No, a bit of bacon in there too doesn't go astray.
Speaker 1: But that's my royal flush. And to all of you in Adelaide, please, I'm gonna ask in the broadcast channel at some stage if anyone's been there to get that. I need to know how good it is.
Speaker 2: Go do a vlog, send us the vlug, let us know your.
Speaker 1: Review, and tell Jenny that the Scroll has sent you nice. I don't know why I was looking on the Iconic. I do love that app.
Speaker 2: I've never shopped there.
Speaker 1: Really, I get everything on there. I think because they've got beauty, they've got skincare, makup, they've got everything in.
Speaker 2: The Iconic like launched years and years and years ago. Like I probably looked and I think it was like size twelve maximum.
Speaker 1: Like m Co beauty is on there. They've got like everything.
Speaker 2: On there, and I went, I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: They've got Benefit Cosmetics and like it's like next day shipping, like it's so good.
Speaker 2: Is it an Australian brand.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Australian company. But they've got all brands. It's like a marketplace basically. Anyway, I somehow made it into the category with pens. And there's this brand which I've never heard of. I'm probably too bogan to know it, mont Blanc. Do you know that brand?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I didn't. Why are there pens starting at like five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Oh? I didn't know they were a luxury brand.
Speaker 1: Like this one here mont Blanc mid sized ballpoint pen one thousand and thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: It must be the best ballpoint pen you've ever used in your life. Then, But I'm like, could you go Google Girl for me, Hannah? Just type in like mont Blanc.
Speaker 1: There's a seven hundred and thirty dollars, one, A six hundred and twenty dollars, one, one thousand, one hundred dollars, one, twelve hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want pens. I just do they do apparel like they Clothes's just say clothes. Oh, hang on, mont Block is literally just luxury pens, watches, and leather goods. I thought they had like a like clothing as well.
Speaker 1: They've got belts and just leather stuff. But I'm just out here thinking like, who is buying this? This is for rich elite men, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I think it must. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just stumbled across that on the Iconic and I was like, what the fuck this?
Speaker 2: This would be something in an industry, Like I'm thinking like lawyers or something, and like that's getting as a gift. Well maybe a gift, but also I think it's like a status symbol. Like if I'm in a meeting with a lawyer and the lawyer across from me has a month blank pen, It's like, fuck, this guy's rich and he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like it's the same as a watch, like a man men with watches. Yeah, it's like a status symbol. So I feel like, but also who's writing notes?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, plenty of people really, yeah, plenty of people. I actually prefer. I still my to do list. I still write down with a pen. Granted it's a big and it's probably from when I was in school.
Speaker 1: They've got watches as well, yes, oh yeah, starting it five five.
Speaker 2: Not bad, quite a nice watch. I'd like that one. Yeah, if anyone wants to buy me a gift, I'll have the fourteen and a half thousand dollars a month blank Botch eighteen thou also I saw the other day. So I always thought like Rolelex was like the epitome of watches. But I saw this video the other day on TikTok that's like Rolelex in the in the world of luxury is actually not even that luxury, because Rolelexes are like I think from memory, like fifty to one hundred grand. But I saw this brand that I can't even remember the name of because I've never heard of it, and the watches started at three hundred and fifty thousand dollars each and went upwards of that, And I was like, Holy, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Trust myself with something so expensive being worn on my wrist.
Speaker 2: Especially because those ones have to be like rescrewed and stuff every so often that you've got to get like a car, you've got to get your watch serviced. You've got to take it back and get it rejigged, otherwise the time will be wrong. You know, if you leave it two years, Oh, it's too much admin for me. This is the thing. People spend all this money on the watch and then yo, you got every six months, you've got to take it in to get it rescrewed. Like sorry, I've spent the price of a house in Woggle Wogga, but like the price of a house on a watch, and not even in Woggle Woggan, because I did. I literally looked out there years ago. This is in COVID.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me where Wogga Wogga like, but like.
Speaker 2: Halfway between here and Melbourne, but Inland a little bit. Because I looked at property down there because one of my friends that I always used to visit lovely lovely home and a few homes too.
Speaker 1: And it's like cam Broke in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, maybe a goal of mine would be to, you know, look at property in Woga where Wogo's fucking boman. Now can't afford to bar down there. Not that I would live there. I think it would be investment vibes, but do you know what I mean? But now no fucking chance Woggor's popped off, I might have to do or broken Hill. I even looked at Dubbo's popping off. Where'd you grow up again, Hannah?
Speaker 1: I grew up in cooler, but my family's in lunchy Mudgie.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon? Prices of houses are in mudgy. I reckon they're expensive or half a meal. I feel like that's achieved a bull at some point, you know what I mean. We'll see, we'll keep working towards it. Aubrey Wodonga. I've heard that's popping off. So I don't reckon I could afford there anyway. I'll keep dreaming. I'll keep dreaming. But I did look at I did almost consider not living there but working towards buying in Wagga. You know, in the pandemic, we all went through that point in our lives where we were be like, we got to get our shit together in case this ever happens again, didn't we all? And I went right, what's me planning? Me? My dad got me this. I had the Barefoot Investor, not a cent to my name. I had the Barefoot Investor, and I had this book my dad got me from Kotchi, from Sunrise Gotchie's book about how to survive and make money in the pandemic or whatever. Dad got me that I had no money at all. I was like, I am shitbroke. What the fuck am I going to do? And I decided, right now I'm going to get I'm going to set up my buckets on the I n G with the Barefoot Investor, and then I read Cootchie's book on how to do COOHI it's Coshy, but Chappelle. Corby was on Sunrise play the track header if you can find it, good morning, Kotchi spell Corby was on Sunrise. She goes, yeah, thanks, Kotchi. I just always call Coschi Kotchi. Now we still got to get one of her clocks too. When she does a pretty one, I have been looking, but some of them have been quite fugly. But when she does a pretty one, because I know that she does do some pretty ones, but they've been a bit rogue lately, I don't know I'm going to buy one anyway. The point of the fact of the matter is where was I going with that? I sat there and I went right time for me to get my life sword. And I've told story about how I did drop shipping. For about five minutes, I was like, I'm going to own a house. I'm gonna have all these assets so that if this happens again, I'm safe and secure. Obviously I was renting, had no job or anything like that at the time, and was like I'm going to sort my life out, and anyway, that all went out the window because then I've had the Kyli Minogue adventure and decided to save money for that instead of a house or anything else. Anyway, So you know what, we all make choices and here we are.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, Matthew, that is another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, Scrollers, and thanks for being here atty. Oh it's really nice to have you here this week.
Speaker 1: My pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because last week I was thinking maybe I get a new cover your attitude, but but you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Scrollers. We'll see on Friday with an episode of Close Friends. And don't forget we're currently whirling around the world. We don't know when these episodes go on life, but we probably are somewhere in Vegas or Coachella or at the Beyonce concert, which by the way, I upgraded out to you dear, that was fun. So I called ticket Master. I had to call them at four thirty in the morning Australian time, because I kept planning to call them, you know, when the times crossed over properly. But I would call them and I'd miss. Sorry, I'd go about my day and I'd miss the cutoff. And obviously then you had to call within business hours American time, and I had too much to do each day, and I was like, right, I'm gonna have to wake up at four thirty. Sorry, this will take two minutes. Wake up before thirty was on hold for that long. Anyway, Then with the price differences, I couldn't work out the price difference in my head, and I was like, oh, we could get like seven rows back or something for this amount of money and for the same amount of money that we spent. And anyway, it ended up not being the same amount of money. It actually ended up being four hundred Australian dollars more. Oh my god, and I just went yolo and I paid it. So Happy birthday, Britney. Your Beyonce ticket is your birthday present, because it was an extra two hundred dollars each to grade the tickets too. But we are sitting, you know what, seven or eight rows back from the front now as opposed to literally eight rows from the back of the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be a lot better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, it's one of those.
Speaker 1: I need to think of what I'm gonna wear that. What do you wear to a Beyonce cons it just normal clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not putting in too much effort.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, like you're just wearing your muscle nation.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, probably maybe a cowboy hat. Which the other thing is, I'll have to buy things over there, true, because I can't take a cowboy hat and things in my suitcase. I'm not going to have any room. I've actually got a run to cam out after this and buy vacuum bags because I'm like.
Speaker 1: I need to go to the shops too. Can we go to Broadway?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, I'm like, shit, this isn't gonna work. But anyway, okay, it is what it is. Thanks for listening, Scrollers, love you a long time. We'll see you next time. Blah blah blah blah blah. Anyway, Darla, better let you go. I'm off to drink a mango lassie.