Speaker 1: On scorn US Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panalkey Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the reader. Panekey Show. Coming up tonight is Google's left wing bias impacting democracy in Australia. Daniel Wilde joins me to discuss. Also joining me tonight the Great Douglas Murray on the real reasons behind the UK riot and the cowdese of authorities to address the root issues. Army Horowitz will have the latest from the US as Kamala Harris picks a radical socialist as her running mate, and later in the hour, doctor Joanna Howe on the contentious issue of late term abortions and we never forget left he is losing it. Tonight's starring Hollywood, a list of Ben Stiller, and the Veep makes yet another appearance as a woman.
Speaker 4: There is a balance to be struck between being tough and be.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan Wilde. Dan will start with the Prime Minister. He's keen to have some of that Olympic glory rub off on him. He posted a video on x of a FaceTime conversation with some of our Olympic stars in Paris. Albo's dog Toto also made an appearance.
Speaker 5: Hey everyone, breaking from Australia.
Speaker 3: We've been getting up very early here.
Speaker 2: You can see my little friend here that she's collapsed.
Speaker 4: Case of late nights, but very early morning.
Speaker 3: So now we know air Bus loves and overseas Jawn, So he must be concerned about Labour's fortunes if he's decided to not make the trip to Paris for the Games. The latest Guardian Essential Pole shows the pems apperival rating has dipped to eight new low. His net approval rating is minus nine, the lowest since he came to power back in May twenty twenty two. What do you think of that little clip? Wholesome fun, I think, But will he be worried about this Essential Pole? It is seen as a left leaning pole and even that isn't good news for it.
Speaker 6: Well, I think he will be worried about it, There's no doubt about that. I think he comes across as a bit inauthentic when he inserts himself. I don't think he's fan income. When Bob Hawk was getting behind the America's Kapa, when John Howard was in his track suit at the Olympics, people knew it was from a place of authenticity that these were genuine sports lovers. Alban Easy. It just doesn't come across as authentic on those things. And clearly they're concerned about the declining poll numbers. So the big question really for the coalition though, is even as labor goes down, are people going to go from labor to liberal or are they going to park their vote with a third party?
Speaker 5: That's the big question.
Speaker 3: Yes, you would think it. It'd be more at home. I don't know, at a music festival or at summer pub band that seems to be more is seen than sporting events, but I could be wrong there. Talk about talking about the Olympics, they're having all sorts of issues there. The athletes are complaining. One swimmer, Adam Peaty from the British team, has told I News that the athletes there are finding worms in their food and also we've had all sorts of criticism about the meals, not just the worms but the fact that their plant based the athletes aren't getting enough protein. Dan they've complained about the beds, the lack of air conditioning. It's not easy being green. They've tried to make these games environmentally friendly, and the athletes are suffering.
Speaker 6: Well, I think plant based is French for lacking flavor.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: The issue is, Look, if you want to be vegan, that's fine, but it's being forced upon the athletes. They need high protein, nutritious, dense meals so they can be their best in whatever sport they're competing, and they're there to win medals, to set records, to achieve excellence, and instead we have this ideological agenda that's being imposed upon them. We saw the opening ceremony, which is a showcase in ideology. It's overshadowed the entire games. We've got the vegan issue, We've got the beds which are made out of cardboard boxes, people sleeping on park benches that they have to sleep on the beds. So look, I think the Olympics just needs to be focused on the sports, the athletes and the support staff who are there to do their best.
Speaker 3: You didn't even mention the x Y boxes fighting the women. I'll be speaking to Douglas Murray about that later. Now let's talk about big tech tyranny. It's a big news item in the US, but we're starting to see some awayeness in Australia, not much, but just some awareness of how dangerous it is to have Google have a virtual monopoly. Google earlier this year had to apologize for the extreme left wing bias of its AI platform, and in the past week it came under fire again for failing to reduce search results on the assassination attempt on Donald Trumble, for the search results to be all completely warped. You search for a Donald Trump rally and you get Kamala Harris good news stories. So some of that is hard to explain. They've tried to address it, it seems, and there's no reason to believe that local search results aren't being similarly impacted by that bias. South Australian Senator Alex Antique told The Australian newspaper very few people truly understand the enormous effect that the tech sector has on our daily lives, and that needs to change. He makes an excellent point there. This is how people find information, this is how they communicate. Google has become a verb. It's not just a company, and it is not a straight down the middle company. It is highly political and when you're the search engine. More than ninety percent of people use that's a problem.
Speaker 6: It's a big problem. Sen An antics ahead of the curve on this one, as he is on so many other issues. There's no doubt that Google and big tech have been seeking to influence the outcomes of democratic processes in Australia and across the Western world. We saw that with the Voice to Parliament debate. You know, big tech was censoring the opinions of the note case day in, day out.
Speaker 3: We know the story quickly on meta on Facebook and Instagram where they were running those bogus fact checks and x you had a bit more freedom, but certainly Facebook, which seems to still be predominantly the main social media platform in Australia, the bias there was stark.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, and as you point out, with Google, it's the overwhelming majority in terms of who uses It's basically a virtual shopfront, so most people will Google something rather than typing in in a web address itself. So the way that Google alters its algorithm is foundational to the information flows through our democracy and I'm deeply concerned about the bias that we know exists at Google.
Speaker 3: Now on that big tech front, ex owner Elon Musk is suing a cartel of advertisers and ad agencies who have blocked ad revenue from going to certain platforms and content creators. They say it's an illegal boycott, excess filed and antitrust lawsuit against the World Federation of Advertisers and the Global Alliance for Responsible Media and its members including giants like Mars and Unilever. This is a bold move. Elon Musk said, we tried peace for two years and now it's all out war. Can you see ramifications for content creators and perhaps something like this we'll see some of those big players change their ways.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope so. I mean this is a warning shot against the cartel of corporations that want to sensor debate. This is just another way they go about it. We know that the corporations we're just talking about big tech, they don't want to debate things. They want to censor and stop debate from taking place. And one of the ways they're going to do that is by pulling revenue from Twitter. Now, look, you can argue that, well, they're private companies and it's their choice as to where they put their money, and that's true to an extent. But when they're cartelling as a block to achieve a political outcome rather than a commercial outcome. I think, at worst it's a debatable proposition. At best, I think that Elon's probably got a pretty strong case.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, these don't seem to be commercial decisions, that's for sure. Now police are investigating reports of an assault and incidents of criminal damage to a pub in Birmingham. This is in the UK after a group of balaklava clad men holding Palestinian flags seen on video beating up pub goers at the Clumsy Swan Pub. Meanwhile, the media has also been targeted. Tires have allegedly been slashed and news crews have been intimidated. Despite the press in the UK blaming the violence on just one side, here is Sky News UK having to cut a cross short after the journalist was surrounded by angry protesters becausehonephone.
Speaker 7: I think, apologies for the language you're hearing, but.
Speaker 1: I think you can Katie. I think, Becky, I apologize, we need to leave you there, and Becky, we'll have security there and we will leave it. And I apologize once again for the language there.
Speaker 3: Should be, apologizing for the selective two tier reporting we've been saying. I'll be talking to Douglas Murray about that in just a couple of minutes. But Dan, there are lessons to be learned from this unrest. If we don't want in this country to go down the path the UK have and make the mistakes they've obviously.
Speaker 6: Made, well we will be unless there's dramatic corrective action. I mean, the UK is Australia's future unless we get in control of our migration program and until we have leadership that is actually trying to achieve social cohesion rather than dividing us. This is the government that put up the voice to Parliament to divide us by race, and I think that's ignited the flame of division in Australia. So we need to have proper leadership to unite us rather than the division that we're seeing.
Speaker 3: Dan will thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is best selling author Douglas Murray. Douglas, let's start with the UK riots Kissed Darma. The police, the media have all been clear who they blame for the unrest. The far right, they say, fueled by disinformation online. There's even suggestions of banning platforms like x and cracking down further on free speech is that the answer to what we are seeing, which are really clearly deep underlying issues and communities across the country, from well places like Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Rotherham, Middlesbrough, London and even as far as Belfast in Northern Ireland.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, this all started after a young man seventeen year old, stabbed death three girls at a Taylor swift Fing dance party in the town of Southport and the sense clearly and immediate aftermath of that, this is an observation, was that the authorities were with holding the identity of the suspect. Now there are some reasons why they might do that, but obviously tensions locally were extremely high, feelings were extremely high, and the way to try to control the information obviously completely backfired as you would expect it to, and that's led to these riots across city after city in the UK. It's extremely disturbing, these riots of themselves provoked counter riots where identifiably Muslim young men, some armed, have been also shown on camera attacking people in the streets and this is really just.
Speaker 8: A completely appalling and I'm sorry to say, this completely predictable situation. Indeed, I can say it's predictable because I said exactly this sort of thing would start happening seven years ago or so in my book The Strange Death of Europe. It's horrible to be proved right in side circumstances because you don't want to be proved right about something like this.
Speaker 5: Want people to listen and change their policies. But you know, the last few days have shown the Labor government refusing to concede that there is anything other than what they call far right violence going on. They claim that there isn't a two tier policing system in the UK, which everybody with their own eyes can see is not the case. Clearly, there is a two tier policing system in the UK. These areas where this has happened in. What's more, all areas where there were riots in twenty and eleven, And as I write in the Spectator this week, one of the interesting things about that is that all of these areas are, among other things, areas where migration has continued to increase and joblessness has gone up. Now, just think of those two factors anyone watching. You keep forcing immrogration onto these areas and you do nothing to improve the lot in these areas. Of course, nobody should be on the streets. The unbelievable hooliganism and thuggery of recent days should repel everybody. But you know, very often when there is some kind of violence or unrest, we hear political leaders and the ways heads in the commentariat saying we need to address underlying causes. Why has nobody said that in recent days?
Speaker 3: And you're so right, Remember the media coverage in twenty and eleven very different to what we're seeing now, and also throughout the BLM unrest that we saw not too long ago. Again, there was a great deal of sympathy for those who were behaving violently and certainly weren't peacefully protesting. Now there are various segments of the left in the UK blaming x formerly Twitter for inciting violence. But Douglas, it's one of the few places where you can see what is happening on the ground that that media spin.
Speaker 5: That's right, Reta. I mean, I've just seen a report from another so called mainstream channel in the UK where the quite clearly the journalists are trying not to reveal part of the story. What they're trying to not reveal is what they call Asian men in the area, intimidating and harassing journalists. Well, these aren't you know. Once again you get back to the endless euphemism and lying that is just prevalent across our media. These are not you know, Hong Kong residents who have decided to go out and threaten people. They are regrettably organized Muslim groups and you know they're being whipped up by people presumably in their community, but also by left wing and other activists, obviously by the people on the street as well to come out in force. Now, the idea that the answer to that is the crack down on Twitter x is apps case study of the failure of the political class in the UK. I remember in twenty seventeen when three Muslim men went across London Bridge slitting people's throats and shouting this is for Allah, and the Mayor of London and the then Prime Minister Theresa May came out and said that this is we need to address online radicalization, you know, and then Teresa May set up an somebody to look into the definition of extremism. You know, what have they actually done in all of these years, Absolutely nothing, And it'll be the same with this. They'll they'll lock some people up, and they will demonize all sorts of people, and they'll cover for others, but they will do nothing to address this. The British public have been begging for years for consecutive governments to bring down immigration and to increase opportunities in the UK. Not only were they not listened too, they were reviled, insulted and much more. And you know it also needs to be said, each of the towns in which these awful riots have been occurring are all places that are resonant with huge crimes that were covered up by almost everybody in authority. I'm thinking of the well again, what are called the grooming gangs, But are the rape gangs which struck in Rotherham, in Rochdale, in town after town whose names are back in the news now And obviously there's no excuse to the rioting. Why does nobody in government and a labor government at that not listen to these people at least find out what has gone so badly wrong in these areas that reports of who carried out this atrocity in Southport at the dance class for children, that that could ignite a country. It doesn't suggest to me that the country is in a healthy step.
Speaker 3: No, and I think trust in institutions, including the police and media are going to plummet further after this episode. Now, let's talk about the Olympic boxing scandal involving two males with x Y chromosomes who are being allowed to punch on with real women at the Paris Games hasn't escaped Durr attention. This week, he wrote in The New York Post about the IOC's failures and how young women who have worked tirelessly to reach the pinnacle of their sport are having their dreams dashed and douglas. Whether it's by men who transition like Leah Thomas, or in the case of these two boxes, males with x Y chromosomes who, due to having disorders in sex development were raised as girls, were observed to be girls when they were born. It looks like in these two cases, in in any of the circumstance, it's just grossly unfair for real women. There are differences between men and women. That's why we have two separate categories. And if someone has an x Y chromosome, they should not, in my mind, be allowed anywhere. You're a woman's competition.
Speaker 5: No and it's just extraordinary that we've got here. I mean, it's more than I think. It's eleven years now since Joe Rogan identified this problem in mma fighting, where a man who transitioned into being a woman and who worked was in the US Navy and then, by the way, worked as a trucker to save up money for the sex change operation, went into female mma fighting and was just you know, punching the hell out of the women that he was competing against. And that's eleven years ago since that scandal blew up. And as you know, all this is so connected, isn't it. Reader, Either there's the reality and you accept it, or you're made to just go along with something that is just unsustainable. It is not sustainable for men to be put in a ring with women in boxing competitions and not be expected to beat the hell out of the woman in question. And then obviously any same person would say, aren't we against men beating up women for sport or anything else? And the answer is yes, except apparently at the Olympic Games. And this is just the sort of thing that deranges a society. About the only laugh I've got this week was when you know, noticed that the I think it was in the pole vaulting that there was a gentleman who's who's who's How can I say this politely whose member was somewhat large and not tucked in and cause a certain problem for him and much amusement for others. But I was pleased to see yesterday a cartoon of somebody reporting this and the man's wife says, is that the men's pole vaulting or the women's pole vaulting only only in the Olympics in twenty twenty four. Would you have to ask that question? The whole thing is absurd, and I do hope the IOC looks at this again. It's totally unfair anyone. And I know again we're not meant to mention anything that's in front of our eyes. But anyone who knows anything about male and female development knows that even if you go onto some kind of hormone drug at some stage, if you've gone through development as a teenager, as a man, if you're going to have larger hands, larger shoulder shoulders, you're going to have a different bone density, you're going to have much more strength, all sorts of things. And it's just the fact, so I suppose decent people have to decide, do we actually want to encourage a delusion to rule over everything or can we just get some sanity back?
Speaker 3: Well, the ISA a limp level, any elite level. There is just so much testing for illegal drugs. I don't know why they just don't reinstate the gender testing, the sex testing that they used to have before they decided they're disgraceful, they're not politically correct. And then there is no doubt whether someone has a disorder of sex development, is inter sex, is a transitioned whatever the case may be. If they've got x y chromosomes, they will be eliminated from the women's competition. And we all know where we stand. But the misinformation and the gas lighting we've seen this week has been quite astonishing. Now, I've got to ask you before you go about Kamala Harris and her choice of running mate. Just picked the far left governor of Minnesota. This is a man who made headlines for our signing legislation to put tampons in boys restrooms in schools. He backed the BLM rights even as they destray Minneapolis, and who said he provide giant ladders. Douglas so illegal immigrants could climb any wall Donald Trump built. This choice is astonishing. What do you make of Tim Waltz as a future.
Speaker 5: Veep Well, you know it's interesting when this happens, is that the whole world's media attention turns onto Tim Watz. And you've already listed some of the really I mean, I think, just indefensible things that he's done in his career. Of course, he will now pretend to be somebody else, just as Carmela tries to pretend to be somebody else. But you know, remember the intense scrutiny of JD. Vance once Trump nominated him as his VEEP choice. It was very, very interesting because of course everybody goes over every single little thing that Vance has ever said, and they find something that offends some people and then they blow it up. We should expect the same thing to be had hapening with Tim Waltz in the coming days, and we'll see if it does, but it ought to and you know all of this stuff that you've just listed, the bananas, stuff about tampons and boys' bathrooms, and the BLM riots stuff and else. You know, if he tries to run as a law and order candidate, I would expect him to get a certain amount of pushback, but some of the media being what it is, maybe we won't. Maybe he'll be able to reinvent himself, just as Kamla has been able to reinvent herself as a sparklingly innovative, brilliant, successful, dynamic and inspiring political leader who will lead the free world in the twenty first century.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I'm sure the media protection racket will be in full swing. But just the fact that she did not pick the most obvious candidate, which may have secured her Pennsylvania, and it seems to be Douglas purely because of fears that picking a Jewish man who has been pro Israel was going to cause all sorts of divisions within the Democrats, perhaps even see unrest at the Democrat National Convention. I mean, the Democrats appear to have a anti Semitism problem that runs a lot deeper than just the squad.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's interesting. Josh Shapiro was the name on everyone's lips. He's a very impressive politician, quite an impressive politician, I should say. He did have to do the full gravel when it turned out that at the age of twenty, he had said that the Palestinians may not want peace all that much. He rode that back and apologized for being correct at the age of twenty and made sure that he was now incorrect, and it still didn't get him the nomination. Yes, I mean, we'll see. I mean, is Tim Waltz able to bolster Kamala Harris's credentials on foreign policy questions? You know we're going to see, aren't we. But if there's any weakness there, I would very hope, much hope that it would be exposed, as it would on either side. You know, this is this is ninety days left of this and as you know and everyone watching those, these are long weeks at the moment in which anything can happen. And three months is a heck of a long time in Kamala world. And we don't need her to explain to us quite how long time can be.
Speaker 3: Please not, Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you still to come a lefties losing it And Armie Horrowitz joins me from the US, and he's got the down low on Kamala Harris's and the people welcome back now. It's time for lefties losing it. We're about to delve into the twisted world of Kamala's veep pick. But first, remember when Ricky Gervaise told the Hollywood elite to not preach about politics, no one cares about their warped views. But sadly they didn't listen. Here is Hollywood a list Kamala fanboy and lefty losing it Ben Stiller, And.
Speaker 4: She's also an historic candidate. You know, it's going to be the first woman president, and that's incredibly exciting. And you know, she's Indian, she's black, she's everything you could be, more than one thing. It's incredible. You know, I'm Jewish and Irish. I wish i was black. Every white Jewish guy wishes he was black.
Speaker 3: A Jewish comic blindly following a party with an anti Semitic problem that runs so deep that Kamala didn't pick the well pretty much universally acknowledged best candidate, Josh Shapiro, who could have helped her secure the crucial state of Pennsylvania, where he is governor with a sixty sixty percent approval rating. But he's Jewish, and that is a problem for the Democrats. One that even CNN acknowledged.
Speaker 2: Pennsylvania, that's Governor Josh Shapiro has been discussed as one of Harris's potential running mates. He also endorsed her tonight.
Speaker 4: In your view, one of the pros and cons for putting him on the ticket.
Speaker 5: Well, he's certainly under consideration. I know that from Key Harris allies.
Speaker 2: He's a first term governor, he's Jewish. There could be some risks in putting him on the ticket.
Speaker 3: And right he was. It's clear that the squad, the mass wing of the party is calling the shots. And did you notice Walls was not even on that list that they had up there. He wasn't one of the likely candidates. Even CNN thought he was too much of a socialist simpleton to be considered. Talking about simpletons, let's get back to Ben Stiller embarrassing himself.
Speaker 4: I just want to let you know I'm going to match your one hundred and fifty thousand dollars donation. Everybody's got to get out and vote and donate. Get out there and vote and donate and like take advance. This is such an important time right now, and this wave of energy that's happening, We've got to keep going with it, so please do everything you can.
Speaker 3: Yes, ben Stella has gone full Kamala. Never go full Kamala. Why didn't you just listen to Ricky Gervais. His advice was, sage.
Speaker 5: Don't use it as a platform to make a political speech.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thumberg, he told them.
Speaker 3: Now to Kamala Harris. The media spin is in full swing from the Democrats propaganda arm, but we keep on earthing the real Karmala.
Speaker 4: And as a woman, there is a balance to be struck between being tough.
Speaker 8: And turn that off.
Speaker 3: She's so likable, isn't she talking about likable. Let's take a look at Kamala's running mate, the man she has chosen to be the next vice president, and her campaign released this totally real and authentic video of that historic moment.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Jim, it's Kamala here.
Speaker 3: It's good morning.
Speaker 5: Governor, good morning, madam Vice President.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I want you to do this with me.
Speaker 5: Let's do this together.
Speaker 2: Would you be my running mate and let's get this thing on the road.
Speaker 9: I would be honored. Madam Vice President.
Speaker 3: You understand our country. You have dedicated yourself to our country. He understands the country. The socialist governor of Minnesota, the man who put tampons in boys' restrooms in schools, who wants to allow teens and tweens to access medical transitioning of their gender, who back the BLM rights even as they destroyed Minneapolis and bed and who changed Minnesota's flag to look a lot like the Somali flag. But they swear that's just a coincidence. Minnesota is home to the largest Somali population in the US, and other coincidence, obviously. And this is also the man who has pledged to provide massive ladders so illegal immigrants can climb any wall that Trump may build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he talks about this wall.
Speaker 9: I always say, let me know how high it is, But it's twenty five feet, then I'll invest in the thirty foot ladder factory.
Speaker 2: That's not how you stop this.
Speaker 3: And he's the mayor who compares the dangerous failed doctrine of socialism to being neighborly. But we can get out there, reach out, make the case, and for one thing, don't ever shay away from our progressive values. One person's socialism is another person's neighborliness. Here is celebrating giving illegal immigrants driver's licenses.
Speaker 9: It's done, a packed room at the Saint Paul Armory, erupted after the governor's signature, Meet the driver's license for all a lot of the land.
Speaker 3: And behind every male lefty losing it is an even loopier woman losing it. And here is missus Gwen Waltz saying that criminals should be given as many chances as they need, having a chance every day. Thanks, how many chances do you get?
Speaker 7: My answer to that is as many chances as you need, which doesn't really please those law and order people.
Speaker 3: Yes, those awful law and order people who want to put criminals in jail while your husband back those who want to defund the police. Now cannot wait to get my next guests in sights into the Harris Walls team. I can tell you I've been praying she'd pick Walls. I didn't think she'd be that foolish, But here we are. Kamala Harris has picked the radically left Minnesota governor who encouraged and supported the the BLM rights even as Minneapolis was turned into a healthscape. Just look at the damage and wild Walls encourage the protest as Kamala was raising bail money for the Lawless Advance. What a team the Democrats have put together. Joining me now is journalist and documentary filmmaker Army Horowitz. Army, what is your verdict of Harris's running mate? The smart money was on the Pennsylvania governor. But sadly, the modern Democrats have a growing anti Semitism problem, and that looks to be the main reason he was overlooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can imagine I may have a thought or two on this particular topic. Look, I like Joshapiro. I think Joshpiro was a very talented politician. Look, it helped he won because the Republicans put on a full on crazy person against them. But look, he actually is very talented at what he does and actually bounces out Kamala complete and total political and competence. I think that would have been obviously an amazing pick, but it was more shocking that they didn't pick him, and then she picked Tim Walls. Look, the whole game is Pennsylvania, right, That's the game. That's the whole game. Nate Silver said that if you win Pennsylvania, there's an over ninety percent chance you'll win the election. They had a chance to choose the governor of Pennsylvania, who by the way, has a sixty one percent approval rating inside the state. They didn't do it. Why didn't they do it?
Speaker 5: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Could it be he's a Jew? I don't know. I think that the anti Semitism of the Democratic Party has now manifested itself into a place that's going to cost them the election. This is not me saying it. This is Jared Moscow, it's saying Democratic congress person. This is de w Wassman Schultz saying it. This is the ever handsome Jake Austen Klass saying it. These are Democratic Congress people who are sat saying he wasn't picked because he was a Jew. And guess what, reader, it's going to cost them the election.
Speaker 3: Well, I can understand why Kamala would have wanted to avoid a civil war within the party. They've got the Democrats National convention coming up, and you would see protests there, no doubt if Shapiro was her running mate. And it seems that the cowardice has taken over the party. They are allowing these radical elements to call the shots. Even after the humiliation that Josh Shapiro put himself through over the last week or so Army, where he seemed to be groveling to the anti Israeli forces within the party, it wasn't enough. Is this going to be a red pill moment for the Jewish community in the States, the majority of whom have traditionally backed the Democrats. But as you said, it's hard to deny that this decision was invited by anything other than the fact that Shapiro is Jewish, is proud to be Jewish, He's been pro Israel, He's served in the IDF, and all of that seems to be unacceptable to elements of the modern Democrats.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I would love to say that this is, in the way you put it, a red pillar mode for Jews in this country. Unfortunately, I can guarantee you it will not be the case. Look, I think Trump will actually garner a larger percentage of thee than of the Jewish vote than any Republican since Reagan, maybe even beat Reagan, as he has done, by the way, with other historical Democratic constituencies like the black community, and the Hispanic community, because the issues that Jews care about are guess what, the same issues an American cares about. Jews care about inflation, immigration, they care about the economy, but also they care about Israel, which has never really been a believe or not. Israel has not been a top ten Jewish issue for many, many years, not top ten. But October seventh, that a little bit. So I think he will make progress in the Jewish vote, but not a massively significant vote, not like what Trump had done with the Hispanic community.
Speaker 3: Now the hard left of the party are rejoicing. Elin Omer was among the first to endorse Woll's selections. She's posted this She was very very happy with that selection, indeed, and the first squad member to lose a primary. Jamal Bowman, well he's back smiling again and celebrating Waltz's selection.
Speaker 2: It's Wolf's baby. Let's go to walts in the building.
Speaker 7: Time to win in November, y'ard, Let's go hands on deck, no staying at home, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go na Ami. You said this decision could cost Harris the election. Others say that the VP pick is almost irrelevant. Do you think this one would have been a deciding factor. Obviously Pennsylvania is crucial, but could it cost her some of those states where there are large Muslim populations that are not very happy with someone who is pro Israel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. First of all, I got to hire Jamal Bowman in my heype man. That guy knows how to bring it when it comes to I'm a big, big fan of at least not a big fan of his politics and him as a congressman, but a big fan of having express himselves with support somebody. Yeah, like I said before, I think no, usually the VP pick will not win you an election, but the vpick have cost you an election. And I think this might be one of the weird things where it's not who we picked, but again it was who he didn't pick. But look, they're going to have a problem with Tim Walt and the exposure of his politics. This was a massive unforced error. It really did tip the hand of Kamala's because look, everyone thought, like you and I did when we went to sleep, that she was going to pick somebody moderate to balance out the Republican attacks on her being a radical, but she doubled down on that radicalism. I think that was a massive mistake. Look, when Bertie Sanders supports you and Jamal Bowman and Alan Jomar, I think he may have a problem, right, I think that might be a bad sign as to where things are headed electorally. Look, Tim Waltz is a problem. I can go through it. I don't want to spend too much time going through the issues he's got, but I'll go through a few of them and make a couple of notes. I mean, this is a guy who signed one hundred and four executive orders during COVID that when the riots, when they were burning down his city, he said, this represents decades of pain and anguishes, essentially saying excusing the riots when immigration is the single largest issue or the second largest issue in our country today, he wanted to issue drivers life into illegal immigrants. This is a problem. But I'll tell you one personal story about me and in Minnesota. And by the way, they not to mention the fact they picked a guy who's the governor of a state that the Republicans have one in fifty years, right, this is not a purple state. But when I was at around in Minneapolis during the riots, let me tell you what I saw. I saw a city burning down, and the police doing nothing standing around watching the city burn. But Rita, when I was walking around during the daytime when the riots were because the riots were having at night, and I wasn't wearing a mask. I didn't wear a mask outsides. I'm not a stupid person, you know what. The police came right up to me and said, hey, man, you gotta put your mask on. That represents Tim Waltz right there, a nutshell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a COVID era policies are now the now why they're can to attack him. But my gosh, there are so many areas, the trans policies. He mentioned illegal immigration, He's all over the shop. But he's been one of these Democrats who's been pushing the JD vance is weird line. He made a reference to it in his first speech as the rival vice presidential candidate. You know it, you feel it.
Speaker 9: These guys are creepy and yes, just weird as hell.
Speaker 5: That's what you see, That's what you see.
Speaker 3: How effective is that line?
Speaker 4: Are me?
Speaker 3: Because, as we've discussed, as a man who put tampons in boys' bathrooms in schools across this date and supports a whole bunch of radical fringe dwelling policies. Is he any position to be calling anyone else weird?
Speaker 2: No, it's not very effective. Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Jenny Vance as a vice presidential pick. I think he was okay, I'm not a huge fan of a number of his populous economic policies, his pseudo istelationism. But let's see, he's weird. Okay. He was a marine, he was a successful entrepreneur. He came from a completely underprivileged, oppressed background to go to Yale. Is that weird? Yeah? I don't know if If that's weird, I think people should should emulate that. But let me tell you, Rita, what is weird? What's weird? When you want MSNBC and somebody says that you know what he really wants? What JD Vance wants? We're talking about cat ladies and neo natalism. He wants white babies. Really a man who is married to a brown woman who has three brown kids. Yeah, he's pushing for for white babies. You know what, Rida, that's weird.
Speaker 3: That is weird. And jd Vance himself has responded to the lift's collective attempts to smear him as weird and he's pointed the finger right back at them.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 9: It's like the people who call me weird want to give like hormone therapies and sterilized nine year olds. Like I think it's a lot weirder, you know, me just like living a normal life with my kids and my wife. But this is what they do, I think, as they latch onto a message and they try to sell it even if it's fake.
Speaker 3: He makes an excellent point there, because you look at his family life, you look at it seems to be one of the few politicians who seems to actually have a happy, healthy marriage, three beautiful children, and like you just explained, he lived the American dream, come from nothing to be successful. I think those attacks are eventually going to backfire once this Kamala honeymoon is over. Horowitz, thank you so much for your time this evening, your pleasure coming up. Well, look at the number of late term abortions taking place in Australia. Doctor Joanna Howe joins me.
Speaker 2: Nes.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Reader Paney Show. Now, my next topic could be distressing for some viewers. If you're a mother who has a miscarriage, a still birth, or a baby who dies after birth, you may be able to get a one off stillborn baby payment. But my next guest, doctor Joanah Howe, argues that there are some who are abusing this payment that's meant to go to briefed parents. Doctor Joanah how It joins me, Now, are you saying that this payment could go to those who opt to have a late term abortion? And are we talking about those who have a late term abortion because of health issues that the child may not be viable or the mother's physical well being maybe in jeopardy if she continues the pregnancy.
Speaker 7: Having a stillborn baby, Reader, is one of every mother's worst nightmares, and it's because you were intending to have this child and you were so looking forward to seeing them and then they, unfortunately tragically are born dead. Having a late term abortion is a tragedy of an entirely different kind. It's intentionally inducing a child still born. So that is the method of late term abortion in Australian. We need to remember that in Australia, abortion up to birth is legal for any reason in every state and territory. And so the method after twenty weeks is to inject the child with digoxin which will induce death, and then to give the mother labour inducing drugs so that the child is born dead, so they're born still born. It's an intentional still born and in this scenario a mother is eligible for the four thousand, two hundred and fifty five dollars stillborn parenting payment. And I have called this out on social media on my Instagram at doctor Joanna Howe, because I do think that this is not the intention of policy.
Speaker 2: Makers that we would be able to access.
Speaker 7: This payment for intentionally killing a child late term. And you ask the question, it's a very good one because there's a lot of confusion around it. Are these babies going to die anyway? Are they being killed in the case of a medical emergency to save a mother's life. And the answer is actually no. The data shows. So we've got eleven year data from Queensland and Victoria and we can see that nine hundred and twenty nine babies were killed after twenty weeks. And in Victoria, where they take the reason for the abortion, for the late term abortion, nearly one in two are on perfectly healthy babies with physically healthy mothers. So these are babies that could have been induced alive they didn't need to be killed first by an intercrdiac needle. They could have just been induced and then given care. And in South Australia, where I'm from, the numbers are even more staggering. It's eighty percent of late term abortions kill healthy babies. So these are not children that are incompatible with life. They are children that could make a contribution to our society if they were given the chance to be born alive.
Speaker 3: But are you saying these were otherwise healthy baby and the mother's health wasn't in jeopardy. So I thought, if you're having a late term abortion beyond twenty weeks, for example, that there had to be a medical imperative behind it. Certainly you would expect that to be the case in the third trimester.
Speaker 7: You would expect that to be the case. But it's not the case in Australia. And this is the area where there is the most confusion around.
Speaker 3: And I bring my.
Speaker 7: Legal expertise as a professor of law into this and what I show on my social media and through my research. I have a fact sheet available on my website. What it shows is that in Victoria in two thousand and eight, abortion was allowed up until birth for a psychosocial reason. And so that's a very broad category that includes anything that affects a mother's well being. So it does not have to be a physical health emergency. It's not like a situation where the mother has a life threatening illness and therefore the baby has to die to save the life of the mother. That is not the case. Victoria was the first jurisdiction to introduce that in two thousand and eight. Ever since then, every single other state and territory has introduced abortion up until birth for a wide category of reasons, largely under that psychosocial or maternal well being category. And what this means is that healthy babies who if born alive, if induced rather than killed and then induced stillborn, if they were induced alive, they could be given care and they could survive, and at that point the mother could be given care for her mental health condition, and that way nobody has to die. And you know, that is the real thing that I'm fighting for reader, to wake Australians up to the fact that we have a situation in our country where Australia has the most extreme abortion laws in the world like China and North Korea, and this is not a situation that I think most Australians would be comfortable with if they knew.
Speaker 3: We've run out of time, Doctor Joanah. How thank you so much for your time this evening. We will speak to you again about these very contentious issues. That's it from me. I'll see you tomorrow at eleven up. Next is Newsnight.