Speaker 1: Lately. Welcome the late base. Thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Caleb Bond and Liz Storer coming up driving instructors praying during lessons and learner drivers not happy about it. Every parent will understand. We'll talk about that later. Plus when we get to the papers, the Greens announce their price for supporting labor in the event of a hung parliament and former Queensland Premier Anastasia Palage does she support Steven Miles or not? No one's really sure. The Career Mail have got that story. Will get to all of that soon. But first, universities are crying poor over the government's decision to cap international student numbers. But you wouldn't know universities were short of a dollar judging by the University of Queensland Union's budget. Students were left outraged after discovering when the budget was leaked online that a portion of their fee this had been paying for exclusive parties, for lamas to walk around on campus and to fund gender transitions. The Career Mail reported that the twenty twenty four student union budget included twelve and a half thousand dollars for a Clubs and Society's executive celebration, fifteen thousand dollars for a party boat again for Union and Clubs Society executives, four thousand dollars for gender affirmation bursaries, six thousand, eight hundred dollars for an ice cream and lama event that was held in May, and one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars for a toga party which was canceled due to wet weather. One of the students quoted in the Career Mail told the paper it honestly felt like a huge betrayal. The food the union serve at the moment on campus is pretty terrible. Meanwhile, they're dumping fifteen grand into a boat party for themselves while we're all struggling to put food on the table. Now. Not all of the student union counselors agreed with the budget. One of the objectors, Barclay McGain he told the Career Mail, it just seems like they've got their priorities all wrong. There's four thousand dollars spent on gender affirmation bursaries in the budget, and this is essentially to fund students to transition their gender, he said. For a lot of students, that actually goes against their religious beliefs and their faith, and I just think it's so wrong they're being forced to fund that. He said, We'll show you the advertisement for the ice cream and Lama party that was held on campus. There you go it advertisers, lamas and ice cream. The union spent six eight hundred dollars on that, and Liz, when they were asked to justify it, they said, and I quote, it was to help students' mental health. I've always found that hanging out with lamas while eating ice cream just helps to calm one down before exams. How can they justify this kind of expenditure. And for students, I mean at least a small portion of their fees goes towards this Rubbis.
Speaker 2: I just love that students are up in arms about this, and I'd like to extend my congratulations to the UQ Union for making them conservative.
Speaker 3: Young.
Speaker 4: Keep up the good work, kids.
Speaker 2: Wait until you find out how the government spends your taxes, because that too, just like your UNI club fees a mandatory straight out of UNI, you'll politely find yourself in the forty five k too one thirty five K bracket when thirty percent of your hard earned dollars will be spent by the government on the most unimaginably useless crap you can possibly imagine.
Speaker 4: You're upset now.
Speaker 2: That you're funding the lifestyle of the elite. They're splurging fifteen thousand dollars of your money on their own little private boat party for those who are higher up the food chain, Wait until just give it a few years, Give it a few years and dial into how the government lives on our dollar. They're upset now about the fact that off people are being forced to fund things that go against their religious beliefs. Again, wait until you're fine where your taxpayer dollar goes and wake up and realize that your own federal government have such animosity. I would call it for the religious in this country. They literally tried to get up a religious freedom's bill that was going to do nothing but gut religious freedoms in this country.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 2: Its awareness raising. The kids are learning young uq unions pumping out the conservatives while they're still teenagers.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we've also got to give them credit for putting every psychiatrist and psychologist in the country out of business because they worked out how to fix mental health crisis. It's lamers. Just get the larmers in there and everyone will be fine. And in the spirit of the Lamas, I would say I would spit on this budget. Now. Now the bit that I find the most extraordinary beyond the four thousand dollars for gender affirmation. What's four thousand dollars going to do? Is that for every student? Imagine if every student of the university decided they wanted a piece of the four thousand dollars, well, they're going to go very far.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be for surgery. It would be for like a new wardrobe. Oh, we're very good gender affirmation, right, just to affirm whatever identity you have chosen.
Speaker 3: But God knows what that's meant to do. But one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars for a toga party right now, this is the best bit of rain I have ever seen in my entire life that managed to stop this party.
Speaker 2: For one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Sixty five thousand dollars, What sort of party are you getting? I mean, I've been to some ripper parties with the shed load of grog, and I don't think they cost anywhere near one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars. It sounds to me like another one of these government contracts that I want to get my hands on, because if I can put a party on for one hundred and sixty five grand, You're going to get a hell of a party, and I'm going to have a hell of a lot of money left over at the end.
Speaker 2: I reckon it would be nothing but a pile of.
Speaker 3: Grod Oh it would have to be and and toguns, of course. But it just once again proves, as you noted at the top, James, the unis are crying poor today. You know, woe is me. They're going to lower the number of international entrants into the universities, which is something I actually have to give credit to the Albanezy government for finally for working out that the whole thing is a wrought because the universities take every cent they can out of everyone without a care as to whether there's any academic aptitude or whatever. That's why they favor the international students, because they pay full tote odds. And when you see how the money is spent, money that ought to be spent on educating the next generation of workers. I mean, I know people a friend of mine who worked in South Africa and when he was a young man as a university lecturer, and he now says, if a kid asked me what I should do with my life, I would say to him, do not go to university. People who've worked in the system now acknowledge that it is a total rought. It's a joke. You're not being taught anything of any value. That is pumping you full of Marxist nonsense, that the long march through the institutions, and they'd much rather spend one hundred and sixty five grand on a toga party and fifteen grand on an exclusive boat ride. You deserve to be up in arms about this, and we should all be outraged because it's not just the students. It is the taxpayers who put lots of money into universities. And that fifteen grand that yes, it does come from fees that students are paying, but that's fifteen grand or one hundred and sixty five grand in the case of the Toga party, that could be spent elsewhere. That's money the taxpayer, the government doesn't have to give to universities. Why are they allowed to get away with this?
Speaker 1: Well, as my son is at Maccrory, university studying sports medicine.
Speaker 4: What's his union doing for him?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't know what the union is doing, but these clubs and societies that the union support, he said, I can't get from the front of the Uni to my lecture without being constantly harassed by pro Palestinian supporters trying to sign me up for things. And he literally says they chase after him as he's trying to get to lectures. So his experience at university, Caleb has not been that great.
Speaker 3: If only they offered him a toga party about for a alama alama, That's what he's holding out for. But as it.
Speaker 2: Stands, they're nothing but very expensive, says Pools of indoctrination. Speaking of indoctrination, an incredible letter was delivered to Congress last night by none other than not CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg. He says he regrets working with the government of the day to censor Americans regarding COVID nineteen and regarding the Biden family's dealings with Ukrainian from Burisma. You may recall that Biden's laptop Hunter Biden's laptop showed that he had in fact pocketed over eleven million dollars from said firm during his tenure with them, something that the family had denied. What an absolute gold knucket that laptop was. But remember we were told a nauseum it's all Russian disinformation. Well no longer, it's come to light, and finally Zuckerberg is admitting the part that he played in it. But of course we did already know that part about the laptop, didn't we because he admitted it two years ago on the most listened to podcast in the world, the Joe Rogan Podcast.
Speaker 5: Basically, the background here is the FBI, I think basically came to us some folks on our team. It was like, hey, just so you know, like you should be on high alert. There was we thought that there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the twenty sixteen election. We have at our notice that basically there's about to be some kind of dump of that's similar to that, So just be vigilant. And for the I think it was five or seven days when it was basically being being determined whether it was false. The distribution on Facebook was decreased, but people were still allowed to share it.
Speaker 2: If you're anything like me, whenever you see this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: You go, hmm, that's nice. What else aren't you admitting to?
Speaker 2: Well, last night, in this letter to Congress, we found out a little bit more. To quote Zuckerberg himself, he said, we regularly hear from governments around the world and others with various concerns around public discourse and public safety.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good to know. You work with these.
Speaker 2: Guys a lot, do you, zuck In twenty twenty one, senior officials from the Biden administration, including the White House, repeatedly pressured our teams months to censor certain COVID nineteen content, including humor and satire, and express a lot of frustrations with our teams when we didn't agree. I believe the government pressure was wrong, and I regret that we were not more outspoken about it. In a separate situation, the FBI warned us about a potential Russian disinformation operation about the Biden family and Burisma and the lead up to the twenty twenty election. It's since been made clear that the reporting was not Russian disinformation, and in retrospect, we shouldn't have demoted the story. So you're telling us that by playing censorship, Patsy to the government. You actually ended up censoring truth. And this is why I am a free speech absolutist. I don't think any of these guys should be censoring anything unless indeed.
Speaker 4: It breaks the law. Like in the case of child pornography.
Speaker 2: People do run child sex trafficking rings via certain channels. But his own platform, Caleb is well known for this kind of very unsavory behavior.
Speaker 4: And what has Zuckerberg done about it? When has he ever been punished for it?
Speaker 2: And is this because is this why he hasn't been in the past, because he plays ball with the governments?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they certainly haven't gone after Zuckerberg in the same way they have Elon Musk with X for instance. And you look at our own well.
Speaker 2: Kavel Durov, the founder of Telegram Telegram who.
Speaker 4: Is now in a French jail, talked.
Speaker 3: About last night. And you look at our own Safety commissioner, he and Julieanmngrad, who was vociferously gone after Elon Musk and X for you know, daring to allow footage of I don't know, for instance, the stabbing of a bishop here in Australia, because that was damaging. We can't possibly have that Meanwhile, you have on social media, including on Meta's platform, dex and Instagram, a widespread dissemination of child pornography and grooming of children. We know this, We've known it for ages. This is a television package from the US last year talking about exactly this, and yet have we heard a word done to Meta and Zackerberg about it.
Speaker 6: New Mexico Attorney General Raoul Torres says his investigation into Meta found that Facebook and Instagram's algorithms created a marketplace for the sexual exploitation of children. The civil lawsuit alleges Meta enabled adults to find message and groom miners, soliciting them to sell pictures or participate in pornographic videos. Law enforcements set up an undercover operation using test accounts like this one showing AI generated photos of a fictional thirteen year old girl from Albuquerque. The complaints as the followers flooded the account with unsolicited messages filled with pictures and videos of Genitalia, which you received at least three to four times per week.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm glad he's finally admitted that they did actually engage in censorship at the behest of the government, whether it come to COVID or it come to Hunter Biden as you suggested, Liz, you'd like to know how many other occasions this has happened with what other governments around the world. We know that to the Australian government during COVID as well, was also making requests to social media platforms to take memes down and things like this. In media in general, if the government comes to you and tells you not to publish something, it's usually a green light to publish at one hundred miles an hour, because it's like, hang on, if they don't want people to know about this, then this is something we're definitely going to publish because people are going to love it. And again I'll make the argument that I've made many times before that if Facebook or any other social media platform wants to go down the road of making editorial decisions about the stuff that is published on its platform, then it should be treated as a publisher just like the rest of the media is just like us here it's guy News and the newspapers, etc. Where there are codes of conduct and whatever over you. The laws of defamation, etc. Apply to you when you publish content, and Facebook and everyone else is operated in this murky territory for a long time, where they say we're the public square, so we allow members of the public to post what they like, and therefore we are not responsible for what they post online. Certainly not legally responsible for what they post online. But seemingly they've been very happy when the government comes knocking to censor things that the government doesn't want. They've made editorial decisions. If you want to play in the same sampit as the rest of us, you're more than welcome to. But I don't think you're going to like it. You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 1: This letter from Mark Zuckerberg just demonstrates how much the public have been gas lit in the last few years. I mean, we're continually told Donald Trump is a threat to democracy, right, but it's the Democrats who were suppressing news stories. We're told the government needs to crack down on misinformation and disinformation, but it's the government who are putting out misinformation and disinformation. We're told Elon Musk is a threat to free speech, but at Zuckerberg who is manipulating the news. We're told Democrats are all about joy, but they're censoring humor on the internet. But I want to ask you, what do you make of Zuckerberg's statement where he says we're ready to push back if something like this ever happens again. The New York Post reckoned that seventy nine percent of Americans believed the twenty twenty election result would have been different had Zuckerberg not suppressed the laptop's story. But now Zuckerberg says, all, but we've learned our lesson. If it ever happened again, we'd behave differently.
Speaker 4: Why should we ever believe you?
Speaker 2: This is a guy who has already caved to their censorship demands in the past, and we know he's given government's backdoor access to.
Speaker 4: Use the data. I mean, that's just on the record. That too has.
Speaker 2: Come out in congression hearings. That's something he's admitted to. So unlike Elon Musk, who is massive free speech hero, Unlike Pavel Durov, the founder of Telegram.
Speaker 4: Unlike Chris what's his name.
Speaker 2: Who heads up Rumble, these guys are the defenders of free speech. These guys are the ones who refuse to play ball with government. And that is why those are the guys that.
Speaker 4: We bring a story.
Speaker 2: I'd say at least once a fortnight of ways in which governments, Western governments, this isn't Russia, this isn't China. Western governments are trying to put the screws in them because if they can't control the narrative, they can't control the people.
Speaker 4: And so you can't have these platforms.
Speaker 2: Where you and I and everybody else in the world can freely exchange information about anything. And so they tell us that that's unsafe, and so that they have to be involved in order to make it safe. And by safe they just mean we keep everyone on the same page, and that is our pay.
Speaker 3: While we're on the topic of censorship, the ABC last night allowed something a little bit naughty to go to air. Now, you wouldn't have been watching it the Q and A. That is, I'm assuming you gave up watching Q and A years ago like I did. You were watching us instead here at Sky News. But they allowed a woman by the name of Jenny Carroll so go on Q and A last night and question whether or not multiculturalism was a good thing.
Speaker 7: My children, now almost thirty and thirty four, went to the local state public school and were dictated to that multi culturalism is a great thing. I don't believe it is as I feel that the culture of the original British slash Irish majority has been demonized constantly for the last three decades, case in point, frequent vandalism of memorials to Captain Cook. How does this? How does democracy fit into this atmosphere of beat up the white guy?
Speaker 3: How did that one slip through through the senses? And predictably, the ABC viewers were outraged online. They couldn't believe it. How did the ABC allow such an incendiary question to go to air? Of course, she didn't say anything racist whatsoever. She didn't say that anyone should not be allowed in the country. She simply questioned the validity of multiculturalism, the idea of multiculturalism, of course, there being multiple cultures, as opposed to what John Howard once described as what he wanted to be a multi ethnic society, but a monocultural society. We come from many lands, but we share one central set of values and a culture. Of course, ABC viewers, unlike the rest of us, seem to think that the ABC is to right wing. They can't see how left wing it is, especially when you know real people are allowed to ask real questions on the ABC. So they set the internet next and whatever are like. Last night, Labor Minister and Ali was also on the program. This was her response.
Speaker 4: I think multiculturalism isn't a thing.
Speaker 3: It's what we are.
Speaker 4: It's the character of our nation.
Speaker 2: And it's not a policy that was foisted on anyone. Take a look around you.
Speaker 3: We are multicultural.
Speaker 2: It is who we are.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think you made the point to us earlier, Liz, that it's amazing that this is even a story in the first place. I proved what a crazy position we are in that it is like a point of public outrage, at least amongst some people, that someone was allowed to ask a question on the national broadcast about You know, maybe the multiculturalism stuff has just gone a little too far in terms of skewing against the dominant culture, which is the culture that people came to this country in the first place.
Speaker 2: Too In well, are we even still the dominant culture? We know that only one in three of us was even born.
Speaker 4: In this incredible country.
Speaker 2: I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it thousand times. Mah, I've never believed in multiculturalism, and history bears this out. Preceding the fall of nearly every empire.
Speaker 3: They grasp hold of what.
Speaker 2: We would now call DEI and diversity.
Speaker 4: As our strength. How is it our strength?
Speaker 2: Can someone walk me through that in like practical, real terms, Because John Howard was quite right and saying we can do a multi ethnic society, but that is a cohesive society that adheres to rules at his's.
Speaker 4: To the same values.
Speaker 2: What we have now is a melting pot of several different cultures, some of them completely at odds with each other on things that you and I would agree are absolutely crucial. And we've got a government who's trying to pander to that because they know that, well, we've got more than one culture here now that we've got a panda to in order to get votes.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work. Look at history. It has never worked. And where I love.
Speaker 2: Her name's Jenny Carroll, the lady who asked that question. You are based Jenny, and I'm with you all the way. And the fact that ABC viewers could not bear that she would even raise the question of, hang on, how we benefiting from this? And there seems to be a lot of bash up the white guy under the guise of multiculturalism. Can we talk about this? Well, apparently no, we can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was Jenny Carroll q and A or Daniel in a lion's den. She's a brave lady. She asked a perfectly sensible question, and the response she got from Anne Aarli was frankly nonsensical. She said, multiculturalism is not a thing, it's who we are. I suppose if you asked her what a woman is, she'd say, well, a woman is not a thing, it's who we are. And yet the government's own website contains a policy on multiculturalism which says multiculturalism is a thing. It was introduced in the seventies. It's a policy quote unquote that's shaped our identity. It's been subject to much debate and government has been committed to it for the past thirty years. That's on the government's own website. The other thing that ann Ali went on to say was that democracy is more resilient and it's better when you've got a diversity of ideas and faiths and cultural backgrounds. And it's as if it's this magical formula that if you say diversity, it's inherently good all the time, and it's the laziest trope I think in our culture right now, people just revert. Well, there's two tropes. One is if I don't agree with you, racist and I think Jenny Carroll proves the point that we're all over being called racists now we're not scared by it. It's thrown around like CONFERTI. No one's intimidated or put off by that anymore. And the other trope is, well, if you say diversity instantly, whatever you say after that must make sense. I was in an uber the other night and I had an Indian Muslim who was driving, really lovely guy. We got talking. I said, where do you leave? You says, I live in Lakemba. I said, I've never been to Lakemba. I said it's a great place. I said, what makes so great? And this is what he said to me, a Muslim Indian man who'd been in Australia for a few years now. He said, everything we had in India is imported and we've all got local stores. He said, you don't have to get anything from India, you just walk up the street and buy it. And I said to him, what sounds like you're still living in India. He says, it's exactly that, except it's safer. And so this is the problem with multiculturalism. This man who was a very nice man, a good driver, but clearly he's got no intention of trying to be Australian. He's living his Muslim Indian culture in this country, enjoying all the benefits that have been created by generations. And is there any wonder People like Jenny Carroll get a little confused and say, is this really good for our country or is something else going on here? And her reward for asking a perfectly sensible question is to be smeared racist and to be questioned as to whether she had any right to speak at all.
Speaker 2: And it bears mentioning that governments of the past, when they were imported from Italy, when they were importing poems when they're I mean, we are a country built on immigration. But you arrived in this country and you had to attend these.
Speaker 4: Like welcome to Australia type lessons.
Speaker 2: They made sure that you knew English, and they even had like dance parties because they wanted, you know, the Italiano from nice Australian.
Speaker 4: Girls and vice versa. Like they made a.
Speaker 2: Concerted effort to be like you are Australian. Now you are in Australia and people used to consider it's such a privilege to be here and assimilate, rather than well I'll just find my clickout in Lakember and enjoy. This is a way better country than India. I've been to India.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: But obviously where's Superia are over here, which is why everyone loves to come here. And yet we're stuck with a government now who will celebrate every culture but ours, every religion but that which this country was founded on, and the list goes on.
Speaker 4: It's time.
Speaker 1: Well, I thank god the British have got the answer to social cohesion. They've had weeks of rioting over there because Brits are upset about high numbers of immigrants that are basically making Britain unrecognizable in their opinion. So the British education system have come up with a way to create social cohesion. All we've got to do is get rid of whiteness and then everything will just be honky dory. Can you believe this? The headline reads, teachers across Britain will be taught to challenge whiteness in schools. Remember the first Minister of Scotland. Who got up and gave what speech? And he said everyone's weight, as if being whites was a bad thing in Scotland. In Scotland, yes, So here's what's happening in the UK. According to a best practice document, educators will be instructed on how to disrupt the centrality of whiteness in schools. The aim of this is to ensure that future teachers are anti racist and be prepared to implement this in the classroom read propaganda. The documents also state that white student teachers should be helped to develop and project a positive white racial identity. Now this has been endorsed by the National Education Union and universities offering teacher training. It goes on to talk about how people need to be freed from these are white people need to be freed from false notions of superiority, and society has to be made free from the negative impact of whiteness. You'd think the people putting this together have never traveled because the way they talk racism only occurs in western countries and it's only propagated by white people. But anyone who's traveled, whether to China or India or African I've got African kids. I love my African kids. I love Africa. But one of my most memorable taxi rides was in a South African taxi with a black South African guy. Brilliant guy, very funny.
Speaker 4: Now I'll take this story.
Speaker 1: I said to him, tell me about different African nations. My son's are Ethiopians. What do you think about Ethiopians? He said, Oh, Ethiopians, they're so up themselves. They're so proud, arrogant, they think they're fantastic. I start laughing right because I've been told the only racists are white people. I said, tell me about Nigerians, when you should have heard what he said about Nigerians. Tell me about Zimbabweans. And we went right through Africa and he hated them all. And I'm sitting there thinking this can't be right, because I'm from a western country where I've been told continually the problem is white people. If white people stop being racist, racism wouldn't exist. It's just a fiction.
Speaker 3: I really wish you'd asked him about Swaziland. I wanted to hear his response to I don't think it's called Swaziland anymore in the middle of South Africa. Just before I actually make a serious point. Can I go back to you said honky dory before? And I was wondering, was that the honky bit? Was that a joke about white people? Because of course the saying is honky jury, but honky is like a quote unquote offensive term for a white man.
Speaker 1: I thought he might have been said, and you guys were silent, and I thought, well, that was wasted pearls before swelling on this program there, but you were sitting on it. You could have acknowledged it when I said, well, I just.
Speaker 3: Didn't know whether it was like, you know, John Law's deliberate mistake, or you actually meant it to be a job that be that as it may when you read further into this document dis edict about going to be anti race unless you are like a racist person who isn't anti racist, like unless you are racist who actually likes racism. I think we're all anti racist as a general base point, are we not? And what they go on to say in this document is about colonialism. There's going to be references to colonialism when we're teaching. Now, what they actually mean is it's got nothing to do with being white. It's got nothing to do with race. What it's actually about is colonialism and culture. The things that they are saying that we believe are superior is not that we are white. I don't think, and I suppose most people don't think that they are superior to anyone else on the basis that they are white or black, et cetera. They think something is superior based on the country they live in and the culture of that country, and the people who enjoy and are part of that culture come from many different ethnic backgrounds. They're not or white. It is the culture that is ultimately under attack. And the further again you read into it, it goes on about we have to challenge meritocracy and objectivity and individualism. This isn't really about racism. It's about pulling apart the culture that has made Britain so great and replacing it with Marxism. And they will use any means necessary, be it race or anything else, to ultimately pull apart the culture so they can replace it with something else.
Speaker 1: Gus ask a question, how do you challenge objectivity without claiming that everything is superior? If James are able to objectively assess the situation, everything is suggestive, so arrogant. The other thing that is us is that every problem in the world is a result. So this is the irony. Right, you hate on white people, but at the same time you place white people at the center of the universe because you imagine all the world's problems are because of white people, as if nothing else ever existed. Slavery is a classic point. Whenever we talk about slavery, it's always what white people were the instigators of the slave trade, and also about.
Speaker 2: White slaves, of which there have been millions throughout his career.
Speaker 1: Correct, and the other thing institutional racism, But it's now the institutions that are trying to get rid of whiteness. The very fact the institutions are propagating this is proof that racism is not institutionalized in Western societies. Well, well it is.
Speaker 2: They're doing the reves, they're doing their darandast and for a minority. I mean, these guys always bang on about how we've got to help minorities and be good to minorities. White people are less than ten percent of the world's population. I'd say that makes us a minority. Why aren't we being protected by these paper Tell you.
Speaker 4: What where this is not working on? Whatsoever?
Speaker 2: Is in America where a kid from Edmund.
Speaker 1: Isn't it Edmund's School, Edmund North High School Edmund.
Speaker 2: North High School has roped up to school sporting an American flag. This story may sound familiar because it's this isn't the first time it's happened in the States.
Speaker 4: And because he was disciplined.
Speaker 2: For it, they said, no, you can't fly the flag here. Why the heck not? He decided, well, I'm not standing for this. I'm flying my country's flag. And then his mate started to fly the country's flag at their school as well.
Speaker 4: We'll check it out.
Speaker 3: I've been find it for quite a while.
Speaker 8: Caleb Portster is a senior at Edmund North High School. He says, Wednesday afternoon he was told he can't have this an American flag flying from his truck.
Speaker 3: I've never really had a problem with it before, and it's our first Amendment, so it's kind of hard for them to dis infringe upon our race, you know.
Speaker 8: Now, his friends say they're backing him, and they're right of expression, lining their trucks in the parking lot with the American flag flying high.
Speaker 3: And I got a brother in military, so it kind of head home to me because I was like, he's fighting for that flag, so we should be allowed to fly it.
Speaker 2: It'd be different if we were trying to make a political statement, but there's nothing political about it.
Speaker 4: Good on the kids.
Speaker 2: There's still some patriots left in the US, even though their school system is trying to do the exact same thing that we just talked about in the UK. And if you think it's not happening here in Australia, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: To tell you.
Speaker 2: I love it when you get these heartwarming stories of kids being like this as my first amendment, right, so stuff you.
Speaker 3: Well, you know his name's cayleb so of course he's a solid, solid gentleman. O. Good on you, mister Caleb Horse. But I mean, you know what could be more American than rocking up to school in your big bagger of pickup truck with an American flag on the back of it, and then the school somehow thinks it has the right to tell you that you can't have the national flag. Now, pretty much every school in this country has a flag pole with the Australian flag on it. That's not controversial whatsoever. And we generally think of the US as a country that has this sort of uber patriotism, whether the flag is absolutely bloody everywhere, and every morning at school the kids sing the national anthem and God and Country and all this sort of thing. What on earth is going on in the US when a school board is telling students what they can and cannot have on their own cars, Like, you know, sure you can make a decision about what is in the school on the school grounds permanently, but how can you tell a kid but they or cannot fly off the side of their car. For heaven, say, well.
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing. But fortunately the kids aren't listening, so good on them. Hey, listen, we need to talk about the upcoming US debate between Trump and Kamala Harris, which is much anticipated. It's only a couple of weeks away, but now it might not happen. It seems Kamala Harris wants to change the arrangements of the debate agreed when Trump debated Joe Biden that microphones would be muted while the other person was speaking. That actually helped Donald Trump, and maybe that's why Kamala Harris wants microphones turned on for the entirety of her debate. But it was Donald Trump, who was accused of wanting to change the rules, have listened. Would you want the microphone muted in the debate whenever you're out speaking.
Speaker 3: We agree to the same rules.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have it probably on.
Speaker 3: But the agreement was that it would be the same as it was last time.
Speaker 7: In that case, it was muted.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it the last time, but it worked out fine, and asked Biden.
Speaker 9: How it worked out.
Speaker 2: It was fine, And I think it should be the same.
Speaker 3: We agreed to the same rules, same rules as.
Speaker 2: Same specifications, and I think that's probably what it should be.
Speaker 1: But they're trying to change it.
Speaker 3: The truth is they're trying to get out of it because she doesn't want a debate. She's not a good debater, she's not a smart person.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want debate. I love the way Donald Trump straight faced control people, including Joe Biden. I mean, it worked perfectly fine with Joe Biden. Ask him how he liked the debate. It was a disaster for Joe Biden. But Liz, clearly, I think Kamala at well, this is my view, she's not trying to get out of the debate. But if microphones are turned on, she's betting on the fact Trump won't be able to contain himself when she says dumb things. He'll interject and then she can play the only card she's got, which is you're a bully, you're a misogynist such and that's the only way she's got a chance of defeating Trump in a debate one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to work this time though, because they will stick with the original wolves, I believe, and then it's on her to keep accepting the invitation or not. I don't think she's going to back out. We will see this debate. We must see this debate because, of course, this woman running for the most powerful position in the entire Western world still hasn't done a proper interview.
Speaker 4: She hasn't faced a press pack.
Speaker 2: Why because we all know she'd be absolutelythetic at it. Get this Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino. You've probably watched a lot of his films, whether you know it or not, He has begged Kamala, keep not talking to the press, don't do any interviews, just keep doing what you're doing, because you will ruin it here. He is talking to talk show host Bill Mayer and excuse the expletives, but Quentin has a way of getting his point across.
Speaker 9: This is about winning. What what? Most people don't give the Democrats enough credit for, all right, but we give the Republicans credit for. It's like, no, sometimes it's just about winning. And it doesn't matter how we look at this moment. It's about winning. This is about winning.
Speaker 7: Yep, no, it is.
Speaker 9: It's about mad Dash and she is running and she's not stopping to film stumble and you know what, nothing longer stopping that I'm gonna vote for anyway, no matter what she says in a stupid interview exact, don't up.
Speaker 2: Quentin says he will vote Kamala Harris twenty twenty four no matter what she says.
Speaker 4: And yet there he is begging her to shut up.
Speaker 1: You think he said all I heard was beat.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's about winning? Is it about winning?
Speaker 4: I think he'd had a few sherbets.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, including the Greens name their price for supporting a labor government in the event of a hung Parliament. That's coming up next to Welcome Back. Let's take a look at what's making front page headlines tomorrow. We'll start with the Courier Mail.
Speaker 3: Caleb indeed a ripper yard on the front of the Courier Mail tomorrow. Miles from approval, it says. Anastasia Palichet says she course backs Stephen Miles, her successor as Premier, despite yesterday responding to an invitation to give him her endorsement by saying, look, thanks for coming along today. I've got to keep going now. She'd given a speech to the Smart Energy Council, which was her first major speech since she finished up as Premier of Queensland, and a reporter from the Courier Male following her speech asked her if she would like to endorse Sir Stephen Miles to be Premier again in October, and that was her response, Got to keep going, couldn't possibly stop and you know, utter three words like yes, I do so. The Courier Mail wrote this up as you would expect them to do so, and she then sent a text to the reporter to say no, no, no, sorry, I did actually mean, of couse, I endorse him for premier, So why didn't you just say it in the first place. It's the easiest of all the questions that Anastasia Palichet has ever been asked in her life. Surely that's the easiest one. Like, you know, being asked, would you prefer chocolate or strawberry ice cream is a harder question to ask, surely than whether you endorse your successor as premier.
Speaker 2: Now she's seen the polls, she doesn't a back as I did, pretty straightforward at this point.
Speaker 1: There's a little saying in the Bible, out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, and when she was asked in person, that was out of the abundance of the heart. I'm too busy to endorse anybody. I'm going An hour later, that wasn't her heart. That was someone in her ear saying, hey, you need to fix up this mess because we're only weeks out for an election. He needs all the help he can get. The truth was the first answer, not the text message. Let's go to the front page of tomorrow's Herald's Son. They've got an exclusive front page story, which I got to say is quite disturbing. Specialist ambulance crew dispatched inside hospital to save a woman because emergency department overrun. In never seen before crisis shock New health Flow, reads the headline. An intensive care ambulance crew had to be sent into a Melbourne hospital to treat an urgent cardiac patient waiting in a corridor because the emergency department had refused the woman entry. Now, as we go to air tonight, unfortunately we haven't got the rest of this story, but based on what they've got on the front page, it sounds as if there was just too many people in the emergency department. It was overrun, according to the front page, and so you've got ambos having to go into the hospital to give care to someone who is suffering a heart attack in a corridor. Now bear in mind this is while the Victorian state government are issuing budget cuts to hospitals right across the state, but still have the ability to send government officials to Washington to lobby for the Gay Games.
Speaker 2: Yet another reason to get the hack out of Melvin. Victorians.
Speaker 4: Just leave, as thousands of you already have.
Speaker 2: To the front page at the ODS now Greens girl Robin Hood in five hundred and fourteen billion dollar big business tax threat to Labor Adam Band will demand five hundred and fourteen billion tax hit on big business in return for the Green supporting lead were in a hung parliament under what the party trumpets as robin Hood reforms targeting miners, call and gas companies, banks, telcos and retailers. Now we know that the Labor Party has said ad nauseum, if it's between us getting into government having agreed to be bedfellows with the Greens and us not being in government, we just won't be in government. We're not doing a deal with the Grains. We all know that they absolutely would if it came down to that. But how's this talk about tall orders. If you need us in the case of a hung parliament, you're going to have the tax big business. And of course it's just you know, what keeps the country running miners, coal gas companies, banks, telco's, real tailers.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're not asking for much.
Speaker 3: And in all likelihood they will require that the support of the Greens if it's I'm convinced it will be a hung parliament. Whether or not that then means that they seek the support of the Teals or the Greens. We don't yet know, but you know, it is a very real possibility that the Greens will be the mob that are required to get them over the line. And what they are asking for is a forty percent tax on what they call excessive profits. And they've made up a list of companies they're ready to go. These are the companies if you want to save a forty percent tax on. They say they want to do it to the big four banks. As you said before, Where's Farmers, Telstra, Woolies, Coals, JB, Hi Fi and Pole. I mean, what they're suggesting is a two tiered tax system here where they go after particular companies that they do not like the look of what exactly is excessive profit. These are all publicly listed companies that they talk about, and if a publicly listed company returns a good profit, it flows back to the investors as a dividend. And of course the major investors in all of these companies is superannuation funds now who set up the superannuation funds, the Labor Party who has control of all of the superannuation funds, the Union movement, so they will be fighting tooth and nail to stop this if it comes to it. But the Greens are going to have a very good argument to get it over the line, because labor is probably going to need them. And the other thing they want to bring back is the mining tax that went really well last time.
Speaker 1: Julia Gillard still has nightmares about that. But of course this will never happen because Anthony Albanezi will be a man of his word. He is his bond, He's told us many times. He's also a man of principle. And if not, double Mike give horns. I see if they destroy social cohesion, there's no way lives that he will ever do a deal with them.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I wouldn't put money on it, but yes, well he's a very trustworthy man and we should believe everything that he says. I know, I got my two hundred and seventy five dollars off.
Speaker 4: My power bills.
Speaker 2: Second splash on the front of the oars unis Senate plea to be bullied. Jason Clair has flagged on the run reforms to his contentious cuts to international student numbers. After a backlash from business and a plea from universities for the Senate not to be bullied into waving through the changes, the Alwinezi government has buckled the voter concerned over high immigration by capping the foreign student intake to two hundred and seventy thousand next year, and of course the universities are desperate not to.
Speaker 4: See this happen.
Speaker 2: How is this possible when apparently Australia is to host well over seven hundred thousand international students according to the latest government figures from early twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: I don't I mean, that's more than a cull.
Speaker 2: That's a decimation if they actually follow through.
Speaker 1: But I mean, the other amazing thing is this was only sort of announced properly today and Jason clare is already saying, well, we're open to changes on the run. Typical of this government. I know.
Speaker 3: Indeed, let's just hope they actually push it through because it's some decent policy from this government for once. Speaking of the government getting things wrong, though, on the front of the Daily Telegraph tomorrow it says if Daniel bibbersec thinks she can block the Blainey goldmine, the locals have just one message teller, she's dream And of course SECAs refuse to go and face the locals and explain why she knocked back this gold mine. But interestingly, the Prime Minister today said don't worry about it. There's other ways we can get this thing through. I don't know whether he's been talking to his environment minister or not, but they're a bit all over the place at the moment.
Speaker 1: All right, So all of that in tomorrow's papers stick around. I'm going to take a break. But when we come back, learn a drivers complaining that driving instructors are saying prayers during their lessons. Every parent will relate. It's coming up in a moment. Welcome back. I want to ask Caleb what would make the perfect news story if you could combine crime crisis with AFL football. Would that not be the perfect yarn?
Speaker 3: It certainly would be for Melbourne and you may have seen it on the front of the Herald's son before. Michael Voss, the coach of Carlton. He's just snuck into the finals on the weekend despite being rolled by some Kilda in the dying seconds of that match. He's a good gips Land boy. He's a great of the Brisbane Football Club and now he's a citizen Copper. He was at a cafe in Richmond this morning when a car believed to be stolen tipped over. Two teenagers emerged from the car and well, have a listen to what he.
Speaker 10: Did meters from a busy school crossing witness turned citizen cop Michael Voss racing to the scene to help, but the teens behind the wheel of the stolen Mercedes took off.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit of Actually, I was sort of hoping to be on a cople of day's break. But no, that's all good.
Speaker 2: The next thing to you, kids jumped out the car ran up the street.
Speaker 10: Voss and a nearby cafe owner chasing them on foot. They've chased the teams around the back of the apartment building here over to the fence. Michael Voss is trying to grab one by the leg, but he's just made it over. That's when he turned to the other and got him in a bear hug, pushing him to the ground in a citizen's arrest. But he says that's when that team turned to him and asked to call his mum.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he did ask to call his mom because he's just been tackled by bossy. For heaven's sake, now, I said Richmond before that. The cafe is actually in Hawthorne Barton Cafe, go along support at the bloke who joined him, James Laski from the cafe tackled another kid as well, and after all of this, Fossy went back to the cafe and got two coffees. Apparently goes there every morning. He skulls one and then he SIPs the other on his way out.
Speaker 2: So allegit this classified as Carlton's first win all year.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a low blow Major Finals.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, those teenagers who rolled that vehicle, the only thing they need is driving lessons, then they'll be fine. Not in Ireland, though, because the Irish Road Safety Authority is getting numerous complaints from young people going for driving instruction. Check out this headline learn a driver complain about instructor who prayed in passenger seat. Hey, we've all been with that learner driver. If you're a parent, you've ever taught your kids to drive, don't do it. It's not worth the relationship breakdown. Outsource it to the professionals. Let them pray in the passenger seat while your kid negotiates traffic. That's all from us. Stick around. Coming up is the Reta Penney Show