Speaker 1: On scorn leaves Austrodia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panicky Show. I'm Denika di Giorgio filling in Coming up tonight. A Chinese spy group found to have infiltrated the public and private sector has been named and shamed. The always brilliant Douglas Murray weighs in on Joe Biden's ongoing cognitive spiral.
Speaker 3: France in crisis as the far left takes over.
Speaker 2: Ralph Scholhammer will join us all the latest celebrity in Royal News with d D Dunlevy and of course Left He's losing it featuring the masculinity Retreat when men pay ten thousand dollars to float at a pool and cry with Joe joinny me Now is Deputy Executive director of the Institute of Public Affairs.
Speaker 4: Daniel Wilde, Daniel, good to see you.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Speaker 4: We know it's in a mess. It's costing taxpayers a bomb.
Speaker 2: It already costs more than Medicare and will soon outstrip Defense. Now sex work services on the NDIS are back in the spotlight. The Guardian is today asking is it a real issue or just a red herring. So, Daniel, I'll ask you, courtesy of the Guardian's journalism sex worker is a real issue or a red herring when it comes to the NDIS, Well, it is a real issue.
Speaker 5: We've seen a lot of routing behavior, inappropriate service provider behavior that's been taking place, and I think that it's good that they're addressed, or I know the government seeking to address some of those issues. I think it gets to a bigger issue, which is that, of course we want the NDIS to work. We want Australians who have a disability to be taken care of. But all too often the NDIS seems to be serving the interest the bureaucracy and of the service providers rather than those who really need access to the services. And of course taxpayers are being fleeced on the way through. The issue you've got here, Deniker, is that the government has said, under the best case scenario, they want to limit the growth of the NDIS to eight percent per year. Well, the economy is growing at four percent in nominal terms, so you've got NDIS that's going to be at least growing at double the raiders the entire economy, So we need structural reform to make sure it's sustainable, not just tinkering around the edges.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and let's not forget the ndis a very important scheme, but it was only designed for the most severely disabled.
Speaker 4: Now you've got.
Speaker 2: Every man and their dog trying to get a slice of the pie and it is simply not working. So certainly these reforms are needed now. A Chinese cyber espionage group, which has already infiltrated public and private sector networks in Australia, has.
Speaker 4: Been named as APT forty.
Speaker 2: The Australian Signals Director and says the group has waged a years long hacking campaign on behalf of China's Ministry of State Security.
Speaker 4: Daniel, I've got to ask.
Speaker 2: Because, as you know, Australia just rolled out the red carpet for the Chinese premiere Labor has today chosen to name and.
Speaker 4: Shame this group.
Speaker 2: But I wonder did Albo even raise this with Premier Lee last month?
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't bank on it. And you know, here we go again.
Speaker 5: This is not the first time this kind of behavior has taken place. Of course, there's an important trading relationship with China. We want that to be maintained, but we also need to be aware that, you know, China has a really the Chinese Communist Party, not so much the Chinese people, but the Chinese Communist Party that run the country have a pattern of repeated behavior. They have very ambitious and expansionist geopolitical intentions. We know that with the One Belt, One Road, the Made in China twenty twenty five around advanced technology, and all you have to do is look at policies like net zero. Net zero will be a boon for China because they are the world's main manufacturer of solar panels, wind turbines and processing of the critical minerals, but its countries like Australia that lose out. So we need our political leaders to be aware that China is seeking to reorientate the global economic supply chains around it, and we see this sort of espionage behavior as a part of a much broader agenda. We've also seen it with the Confucian centers at Australian universities, which were hugely concerning. So I'm not too sure whether our leaders are taking this with the seriousness that it deserves, and.
Speaker 2: It certainly needs to be taken very seriously.
Speaker 4: Now I have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Channel seven has confirmed a controversial change to its TV news bulletins that will feature would you believe an astrology report from astro Tash Now, this is a twenty second astrology report after the weather on the six pm bulletin, along with a weekly comedy skit on Fridays by comedian Mark Humphreys Daniel. Look, hopefully the astrology report will predict how long seven has left before the lights go out on these ridiculous segments.
Speaker 5: They need more stars at Channel seven. But I'm not sure this is what viewers really had in mind. But I'd say, look, this is the dumbing down of the news and the dumbing down of mainstream media that we're seeing across network television. For many years, you know, the six o'clock news, not necessarily just a Channel seven, but across the board used to be mandatory viewing for Australians. It was informed and Australians are hungry for proper information, for debate, for serious content. We saw that with the Voice to Parliament debate last year that Australians wanted to be involved, They wanted to learn about it. So look, I just think this is an example of why many Australians, and indeed many people around the world, are starting to get their news from other platforms, including on social media, because you know, if this is what you're getting from the network television, then it's no wonder that people are sort of reconsidering their options.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can absolutely say why. I look forward to seeing how this one goes.
Speaker 2: Now, more than two three hundred people sought asylum in Australia after arriving by from relatively stable countries. The Daily Telegraph reports it's the highest of any month since the Albanese government came to power. Daniel, I've got to say the ghosts of the Rudd Gillard Rudd years are circling this current labor government. It really feels like we're back open for business again.
Speaker 5: It does, and I think since day one of this government there's been a failure on our migration policy. We've seen the criminal detainees, we've seen the boat arrivals and so on, but also just the size of the legal program and we've had over a million net arrivals over the last two financial years, by far the biggest surge to our population in our nation's history. There's been no planning for this whatsoever. With schools, roads, hospitals, housing, there's a housing shortage and crisis with rent and affordability of purchasing. We know that it's not working. Economically. Per capita growth is going backwards. You know, we've had five consecutive cord of negative per cape economic growth. That's the first time that's happened on record, and those records go back to the early nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not working, and I think migration is now an acute vote driving issue.
Speaker 2: Daniel Wilde, thank you so much for joining us, joining me now. Is author of international best sellers, including The Strange Death of Europe, The Madness of Crowds, and his latest.
Speaker 4: Book, The War on the West.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray Douglas, thanks for joining us. Let's start with the situation with Joe Biden, whose mental incompetence has become really the laughing stock of the world. Here is an exchange between Fox News reporter Peter Doucey at White House Press secretary at Karine Jean Pierre, where he asks a legitimate question about how the president, who needs more sleep, can't do anything after eight PM would handle a national security situation.
Speaker 1: He also said he sharp.
Speaker 6: Is before EPM that the Pentagon at some point picks up an incoming nuke.
Speaker 1: It's eleven pm. Who do you com't the first lady?
Speaker 6: He has a team that lets him know of any of any.
Speaker 7: News that is pertinent and important to the American people. He has someone or that is decided obviously with his National security council, and who gets to tell.
Speaker 4: Him that news?
Speaker 2: Douglas, The best she could say is, well, we've got a whole tame not we would wipe the president immediately in.
Speaker 4: The event of a nuke.
Speaker 2: Has this now gotten to the point where it's dangerous?
Speaker 8: It's long past that point. I'm afraid because the question that is on everybody's lips in America is who then is running the country? Who exactly is running it? Who's running it after four pm in the afternoon or whenever it is that we're told that Biden starts to wind down for the day. Are they confident about waking him in the night? Clearly not. Queen Jean Pierre behaves. What has ever, as if it's just impertinent to ask any question of the Sun King and his court, and it's very troubling. What the American public have seen growing for a long time, in which the Democrat media have had admit since the catastrophic debate with Trump the other week, is that that Biden is not on top of his game, to say the very least. And so where is the direction of the country, where is the security of the country, And all we get to these sort of miffed and peeved answers from the White House press spokeswoman, and really, you know that these are questions that should be asked, and that furthermore, there are questions should be answered.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And following the US presidential debate, it was interesting because you wrote you said, you don't think an American journalist meaning or would be sitting in a cell in Moscow or American hostages in Gaza if the word world feared America. Now the president of the free world is clearly a bumbling mess. Makes no sense not being taken seriously here.
Speaker 4: This is highly problematic. The world doesn't say the US is a genuine threat.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, you know, there's still plenty to be said about the US and plenty of force in it. It's just that the direction of travel under this president is so extraordinarily unclear.
Speaker 1: We've seen that.
Speaker 8: I know, we've all been told by the courtiers of the Biden family for years that he's absolutely on top of his game, that he absorbs things so fast, and he asks such devastatingly pertinent questions of the people briefing him. But nobody believes that anymore. And if the average swing voter finds that hard to believe and they're inclined to sort of favor the president of the United States, imagine what Vladimir Putin thinks, or the Mullers in Tehran who are guiding Hamaz, or the regime in Katar which hosts terrorists whilst pretending to play middleman. It's an extremely worrying situation. As I mentioned in that column in the New York Post. Yes, there are American hostages in Gaza in Moscow, and I don't think that would be the situation if the world recognized that the superpower America was something to be fearful of, you, that you cannot steal its citizens with impunity, and that lesson you know, I mean, it was recently said, you probably heard, it's been confirmed from other sources that on the way out of the White House when Trump was trying to negotiate the withdrawal from Afghanistan with the Taliban leaders. But apparently he said, you know, you're not going to touch a single hair on an American service person's head on the way out, or I'll kill you, And then just for emphasis, showed the Taliban leader that he had a photograph from the air of the Taliban leader's house. Now, I think that is is a suitable way for a strong power to defend its citizens, for democracy to defend its citizens. And you know, it's just night and day difference set and I'm afraid that Americans and the rest of the world are learning this.
Speaker 2: So just on that, then what should Trump do if he's reelected? What message does he need to be sending.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think on the hostages, the message is extremely clear. It's you will release the hostages on the first day of my presidency. You better keep them in the best possible condition until then, because if you don't, and you don't release them the day I come back into office, there isn't a tunnel or a bunker deep enough view to escape from me. That would be the message. And I think that I think that it would be heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now, look just on Joe Biden. He spoke at the NATO summit overnight. He started off with some strong words on the Ukraine war.
Speaker 9: And we know Puton won't stop at Ukraine. Would make no mistake, Ukraine can and will stop Putin.
Speaker 4: But then, true to form, he started stumbling.
Speaker 9: For five additionals to the DIGA defense system.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he said there, And then as he started walking off stage, she clearly had no idea where he was or who he was with. Douglas Sisters goes to the point that you were making earlier that he's not being taken seriously on the world stage. We're talking an important global event, the NATO summit, where the Ukraine War is being discussed, an important discussion, and get the president doesn't know where he is.
Speaker 4: He's becoming a joke.
Speaker 8: Well, we've had this week the news that he usually gets a briefing that includes I mean, this is horrible to say, it's so cruel, but he apparently gets these briefings where it shows photographs of how to get to the stage, where the podium is, where to walk on, where to walk off. You can't really pretend that this is a man at the height of his powers, or even with any real powers. It's very sad, and I think that, you know, the people who support the Democrats in America or would like to vote against Trump should just reflect on what their instinct is when they see something like that. Do they think this guy has got another four years in him or do they think as many of us do. This is cruel of Jill Biden and Hunter Biden and the rest of the family not to be saying to him, step down now, Joe, allow a new generation to come in, leave with some dignity, protect your legacy, and pass the baton on. It's cruel that they're not saying that. And there's going to be just more and more of this and just one other quick thing. You know, the job of the President of the United States is not just to occasionally read an auto Q in front of allies. It is much much more than that. It is directing policy, it is deciding policy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: He he does these speeches where he gets sort of angry. He can whip himself up into an anger still sometimes when reading the auto Q. But if if he meant what he just said about Ukraine, then then why has America not been providing Ukraine with all of the weaponry it's been asking for in this period, Whether you agree with it or not, Biden says, you know, we're gonna we're gonna stop Vladimir Putin, but then then doesn't act on it. I mean, I think there's these are the sort of it feels like a late Empire problem, and I hope it's not.
Speaker 4: Well, look, let's hope that it's not.
Speaker 2: And just just on that point, you know, he's got these big photos of how you need to walk from the stage to the podium. There's reports that White House advisors for more than a year have had to aggressively stage manage his schedule, his movements, his interactions. You know, Douglas, how long can the White House and Jill Biden, as you mentioned, the Biden family, how long can they really keep up this facade if he is to go another term.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 8: They can't. It's perfectly clear, and with every day they just can't keep it up. I mean, they will for a little time, but the longer they leave it, the more humiliating it's going to be for everybody, not least the America. The harder it'll be for the Democrats to find a candidate or a running mate, and a candidate who can be introduced to the American public in time for the polls in November. You know, the longer the Bidens leave this, the worst it is for the Bidens, the worst it is for America, and the worst it is for their political party. You know, that's what makes no sense, when when your political opponents are running rings around you and ridiculing you, when your rivals on the world stage are mocking you, when your own side is saying, in the name of God, go and you cling on, there's something cruel about that. There's something very unusual about it.
Speaker 2: Certainly, well, you just would want to say a loved one in that position. It's just extraordinary that they're letting this go on for so long. Look, let's move on now, because three Columbia University deans have been removed from their positions and placed on indefinitely over text messages they sent during a panel about Jewish life on campus that quote disturbingly touched on ancient anti Semitic tropes. Now, Douglas, we know this university has failed on many fronts. That let pro Palestine protesters run rampant ad encampments. And now this what does it say about the state of the university system.
Speaker 8: Well, it says nobody should send their kids to Columbia, nobody should give any money to Columbia. Columbia should not have federal funding labor. Look, I mean, it's just a total mess. There's no reason. Whatever students think about international affairs, there is nothing that should allow them to shut down the study of other students on campus, prevent students from learning even as they're getting into significant personal debt. And what's more, to get away with screaming at Jewish students things like go back to Poland or saying these Jewish students should be the next targets of Hamaz, both of which were things that were screamed at Jewish students on the Columbia campus. Then for them to be a hearing about those sorts of racist slurs, and for these dems to be actually engaging in more racism during it, you just have to do the experiment any other way. If there had been an anti black protest on campus at Columbia for an hour, it would have been shut down. It would not have been allowed. If there was a protest on Columbia's campus that went on for weeks and weeks calling for the lynching of black people. I don't think that it would be difficult for everyone in American society and particularly the faculty, to condemn any students and outside is engaging in that. And what's more, if there was a hearing about that and there were racial slurs being hurled around about black students by deans and employees of the university, all hell would be let loose. In fact, I suspect that the campus would be over. I suspect that Columbia's storied and rich history would come to an end that day. But it wasn't black students, it was Jews. And this just shows one of the appalling standards of our time. Columbia students have been let down by their authorities, but this is a spiral that that institution is in. These are always elite things when you're talking about sort of Ivy League colleges, but this just shows how rotten elite institutions can become.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the double standards on display have just been astonishing, and not just at Columbia. We've seen it all around the world, even here in Australia.
Speaker 4: It's just been terrible at these universities.
Speaker 2: Now New York City hotels housing migrants have brought in would you believe, over a billion dollars in taxpayer funds since converting their buildings into migrant shelters. That's according to the New York Post Douglas, New York City is spending an average of one hundred and fifty six US.
Speaker 3: Dollars per room per night on hotel rooms that house migrants, some up to three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Where do you draw the line here? This is out of control.
Speaker 8: The whole thing's been out of con for a long time. Sanctuary cities in the US, I'm afraid reaping what they sowed. They said, you know, these are places where illegal migrants can come. And the illegal migrants came and there was nowhere for them. And so the authorities in New York have got into this racket. And by the way, it is a racket. The huge spending on hotels, I mean, it's apart from being preposterous, there are people who very cynically benefit from that, who have got into the business of this, and who are raking in the taxpayers' money as they put up all of these people who shouldn't be in the US. And I say that completely straightforward, because you know, everywhere in the twenty first century, migration is going to be an issue. Everywhere that is a developed country is going to be under pressure. In this century, the mass movement of people has never been easier. And unfortunately that very time time, countries like America have decided to punish people who go to the legal route and a reward people who've gone the illegal route. And if you're a legal worker in the United States, have gone through all the right things, paid your lawyers, got your papers in order, and all of that, you're the mug because it turned out you could just walk over the border and you could be put up in a three hundred dollars a night hotel with a swimming pool, which is not an exaggeration. In New York City, in the heart of Manhattan. Nobody has a right to live in Manhattan. Nobody has a right to live in the most expensive bit of real estate in the world. But why do so many Democrats think that if you come illegally, you actually do have that right. It's inexplicable, not least, but it undercuts their own voter base. They may think they're importing a new voter base. I've got news for them. It undercuts their own voter base because if you go to those hotels in New York City where the illegal migrants of being housed filled outside with delivery bicycles, because all of these guys, and they're mainly guys, do illegal work for delivery companies and totally destroy the legal workforce. So good luck the Worker's Party, who thought you were doing anything good for your country by actually just letting the borders go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, there's a cost of living crisis in the United States. People can't even afford to be in a home. Yet the illegals get this handed on a silver platter. It's just shocking. Now, let's talk about the UK election result. You wrote about how the Tories only have themselves to blame for what occurred over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Where do you think it all went wrong for them?
Speaker 8: Around about two thousand and six, in my view, David Cameron announced that he was going to detoxify the Conservative Party. He just made it wooly and boke. All the promises that he made, such as they were. It was a lack lass of five years of a parliament where he had to be in government with the Liberal Democrats and Nick Quig remember him, Wow, what talent.
Speaker 1: And then we had the.
Speaker 8: Brexit years and the Tory in fighting and the stabbing in the back and prime minister after prime minister and deadlock in a total I mean, the way in which the Conservative Party seemed to think that the nation had an absolutely limitless appetite for Conservatives to have infighting in the party. It was just astonishing to me, and you know, we watched it happen. Couldn't believe the lack of discipline, couldn't believe the lack of delivery. David Cameron came in in twenty ten promising to lower migration from the hundreds of thousands a year to the tens of thousands like in the nineteen nineties before Blair. They leave office with migrat net migration nearer one million in a year. They let down everyone. They've got very little to show for their time in office. They were there for fourteen years and what few things they did achieve are all now going to be wiped away by the historic label landslide of Kirstarmer, a man who absolutely nobody is enthusiastic about it's not that Britain swung left. It didn't. It just voted against the Conservative Party. And maybe they will use their time in opposition to try to cohere, actually be conservative, actually come up with some policies that differentiate themselves from the other parties.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they won't.
Speaker 8: Maybe they will just disappear into history. That can happen. There is no law of nature that means that the Conservative Party should never die. Maybe it will, we'll see.
Speaker 4: We'll find out. Now.
Speaker 2: Nigel Farage has given his first ever speech in the Commons as Leader of Reform UK.
Speaker 4: This is what he said.
Speaker 1: We are the new on the block.
Speaker 10: We have no experience in this Parliament whatsoever, even though some of us have tried many times over the years previously to get here. So we can't judge you from working in this place, but we can judge you from the way the outside world sees you. And I know it just mean the United Kingdom, I mean the world because Prime Minister's questions time is global box office politics.
Speaker 4: Douglas.
Speaker 2: He's got them all rattled already and he's only just begun. And what sort of a force do you think Nigel Farage will be in UK?
Speaker 4: Parliament.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be very interesting. I mean, I've got you what a frosty reception he got there. There weren't very many convivial, comrade ly jeers were there. I suspect he will, and if he's wise, he will use the opportunity as a really remarkable platform. There are lots of things that can happen from here. For Farage and the other reform MPs, they could be a sort of nuisance block. They could make noise, use it as a platform like Rice very cleverly did the EU Parliament to effectively broadcast to a wider audience.
Speaker 1: Or they could use it to.
Speaker 8: Coalition build, to friend build. They could do an awful lot of things. They can cause trouble, but they can do lots more than cause trouble as well. The problem is that the size of the Labor majority as such that I suspect that in the coming years the main opposition to the Labor front bench will be the backbenches of the Labor Party, because everyone else has very little voting sway in them.
Speaker 2: And that's a really fair point.
Speaker 4: Douglas.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, I just want to ask you about the situation in France.
Speaker 4: Where riots and violence.
Speaker 2: Have erupted after the left defeated the far right and an unexpected victory.
Speaker 4: Now this is on the streets of Paris.
Speaker 2: Shopping scenes, and we also saw the far left clash with police as they celebrated the victory. Douglas, you know, the far left are just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, than the fringe right. But what does it tell you when you say these scenes unfolding right now?
Speaker 8: We know it's the fault of Macron for his hubris. Paris is about to host the Olympics. What a sign to the world. I mean they were already serious security concerns about the Paris Olympics before this election season began. But look at this. The world's eyes are going to be on Paris and we see this a city where, in order to keep out Marine Le penn they decided the center and the center left decided to unite in voting in the melanchonists who have at the top of their list people are supporters of Hamaz. I mean there's more anti semitism and racism from them far left in France now than there is from the from the parties that are called far right, and they get away with it, and they riot on the streets and they break stuff up. And you know, my belief is that political extremism can come from any direction. The French seem to have forgotten this. They seem to think the far left, you know, can be regarded as a benign force.
Speaker 1: It can't be.
Speaker 8: Macron has unleashed terrible forces. And it's astonishing for a man who came glided into office on his alleged ability to sort of bring people together, it's amazing what we see at the end of his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good point, and you're right.
Speaker 2: What a way to welcome the worldwide athletes as well as the tourists right now to Paris and France. Douglas Murray really appreciate your time. Thank you so much for joining us. Still to come Lefties Losing It featuring a self help retreat for toxic males, and we're cross to Europe where France descends into chaos as the far left takeover.
Speaker 4: Now it's time for lefties losing it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Self help trends just keep getting more bizarre and quite frankly, are getting more concerning. Check out this so called masculinity retreat where men fork out ten thousand dollars to float around in a pool.
Speaker 4: Hung each other and cry, do.
Speaker 11: Clean my soule, Lena cry with all the joy, the soul, the fear, let myself cry.
Speaker 2: Now that Ladies and Gentlemen is actual vision of Democrat congressmen in November when they realized they left it too late.
Speaker 4: To change the nominee.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile in Bali, where white rich women filmed themselves screaming all in.
Speaker 12: The name of spiritual self discovery.
Speaker 2: You know I've seen something like that before in a movie. It's called The Exorcist. Now, lefty activists are always coming up with new and nifty ways to entertain us. Here is activism, Animal Rights musical Edition.
Speaker 3: And the Big.
Speaker 10: Music You are very Small play.
Speaker 1: Oh my God High.
Speaker 4: It's quite catchy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I've got to say, though, if anyone has lived a life of suffering, it's him. Now speaking of activism. Ben and Jerry is the ice cream company that is not only work, but whose flavors are a flop.
Speaker 4: Just release this new ad. You can make progress by doing the things you If.
Speaker 7: You can farm, fight food desert, if you can serve, surfer racial justice, like to read, start a band book, club, protest with an ice cream code, or project new meaning on an outdated statue.
Speaker 4: Get in a costume, but try not to get arrested. You have the tools for doing.
Speaker 7: Good, and the greatest tool is your own unique fleavor.
Speaker 4: Been and Jerry's giving some mug.
Speaker 2: I think the only change needed is sending these lunatics out of business. Now here's a surefire way to ensure Joe Biden loses in November. Enter Congresswoman Alexandria Occasio Cortez.
Speaker 13: I have spoken to the President of the weekend. I have spoken with him extensively. He made clear then and he has made clear since that he is in this race. The matter is closed. He had reiterated that this morning. He has reiterated that to the public, Joe Biden is our nominee.
Speaker 4: He is not living well. That settles it.
Speaker 2: Then it's over for Joe, especially when you have AOC backing. You remember this rally a few weeks ago. Yes, her brain capacity is genuinely at the same low level as Joe Biden's, and the left wing media, who were finally realized the president is indeed mentally incompetent, have been plunged into a state of panic. It's only taken them four years, but they now know he is a potato, and so suddenly the race is on to trundle out doctors left, right and center to make urgent medical diagnoses.
Speaker 14: There was cause for concern stumbling of speech, sort of confused, rambling at times, and they're also motor symptoms, you know, lack of expression in the face if you take a look, slow response time. I think we saw that, you know, sort of in a sustained fashion, definitive word retrieval mix ups, rambling sometimes confused speech, reduced voice volume as well, and reduced facial movements.
Speaker 1: Because he has just a classic feature of nerd degeneration.
Speaker 4: I mean word finding difficulties.
Speaker 1: And that's not oh I couldn't find the word.
Speaker 14: That's from degeneration of the word retrieval area.
Speaker 2: Good to say that, I've only just realized he has the cognitive ability of a pee.
Speaker 4: They never learned, do they. Well.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has fired up the troops at a campaign rally in Florida. Not even a humid summer evening could stop the thousands from attending, many wearing T shirts with his mugshot on it. Now you'll recall this golf handicap exchange during the presidential debate.
Speaker 4: Can't hit a boll fifty years, She challenged me to a golf match.
Speaker 1: He can't hit about fifty years.
Speaker 9: Look, I'd be happy to have a driving contest now, im. I got my handicap, which when I was Vice president down to a six. And by by the way I told me before, I'm happy to play golf. If you carry on bag, think you can do it.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest way that he's a six handicap of all.
Speaker 9: I was an eight handicap now.
Speaker 1: But I've seen your swing.
Speaker 3: I know you sing.
Speaker 1: Let's not act like children.
Speaker 2: Specific well, Donald Trump says it's on challenging Joe Biden to an eighteen hole golf match.
Speaker 15: I'm also officially challenging Crooked Joe to an eighteen hole golf match right here.
Speaker 1: Under Ow's Blue Monster.
Speaker 15: Considered one of the greatest tournament golf courses anywhere in the world, one of the great courses of the world. It will be among the most watched sporting events in history, maybe bigger than the Ryder Cup or even the Masters.
Speaker 4: And I will even give Joe Biden.
Speaker 15: Ten strokes aside ten strokes that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That means twenty strokes. In case you don't play golf.
Speaker 2: Joining me is Webster University Assistant Professor Ralph Scholhammer.
Speaker 4: Ralph, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump says if he loses, he will donate one million dollars to a charity of Joe Biden's choice. Now, I'm not so sure Joe Biden would even be able to stand up long enough to make it.
Speaker 4: To the first hole.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what about you, but I would pay money to watch the president try and swing at golf club.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, Donik, it's great to be on with you. Well, I guess I would pay money too.
Speaker 6: But I remember, I think last summer we all thought Joe Biden are trying to ride a bike and that didn't go particularly well. So at some point this is just elder abuse. So it's some fun trolling by Donald Trump. But if you look at the condition Joe Biden is in, right, you know, if stairs are your mortal enemy and bakes as well, maybe golf is no longer really your sport.
Speaker 2: No, I think you've absolutely raised a good point there, definitely, Ralph. Now look, let's talk about the situation in France, where of course riots and violence have erupted after the far left defeated the far right in an election.
Speaker 4: Shock, Ralph, what have the French actually voted for here?
Speaker 1: Well? Defeat it as a tricky term.
Speaker 6: No, you're correct when it comes to parliamentary seats that have been defeated. But if you look at the popular vote, the National Rally actually increased significantly. They got about ten million, whereas Macros's quote unquote centrist party because he's no longer a centrist. If you ally with the Islamists and the communists, I'm sorry, you're not a centrist.
Speaker 1: But he got about six million.
Speaker 6: And the New Popular Front, which is this alliance of traditional left wing us like the Socialists and the Greens, but also more radical elements like the Communists like trots Kiss and open Hamas and Islamist sympathizers, they also got around six millions. So kind of the National Rally won the popular vote, but due to the election system in France, there was kind of tactical alliance between the quote unquote center and the radical left, so they got more seats.
Speaker 1: So the trend towards the right in Europe is continuing.
Speaker 6: I mean, we saw the same by the way, in the United Kingdom, as many of your viewers are familiar with Nigel Farage, But Nigel Farash got fourteen percent of the popular vote, but it only translated into five seats, right as the lip Dams, for example, only got twelve percent of the vote and they got seventy two seats in parliament.
Speaker 1: So there is a mismatch at them.
Speaker 6: I mean, we always have to deal with the voting system, there is, but there is a mismatch at the moment. I think where the popular movement is, where the populacets are, and what the population is and how it translates into actual political power. But this was not the breaking of the conservative or whatever you want to call it, or the right wing wave that is building in Europe. I would say this is more calm before the storm, because the trend lines are still there.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to ask you about that, because what does it say about the leadership of the West right now? Look at France, Kiir Starmer in the UK, Joe Biden in the US, Justin Trudeau in Canada for example, where is the world heading to?
Speaker 6: Well? I think what it does tell you and I think this is one of the most important things we don't talk about enough. Look at the people you just mentioned just In Trudeauugh Peostarmer, Joe Biden. In my opinion, if you look at their agendas, if you look with whom they is around themselves, from the radical transgender agenda to net zero and caa radical environmentalism, those are the radicals. Very often the so called right wing populist If you look at their program they are not the radicals. I think the biggest brainwashing operation of the last twenty years was to tell the people that the opposition, the right wing opposition, are the radicals and those in government are the moderates. It's exactly the other way around. We actually have been gathered for twenty years. And this is also d on the European Union level. We've been governed by radicals for the last twenty years, and it was the moderate opposition. The main winning agenda of the so called right wing is their common sense approach. Wherever they stick to their common sense, they're winning. And Donald Trump is the best example of this. Look at this, at the current Republican platform, look at their programs, Look at the way he carried himself during the debate. Donald Trump is not a radical. I don't care that the Who Republic had him as Hitler on their cover.
Speaker 1: This is all they have. Again, they do the same thing.
Speaker 6: It's moderate acquisitions, but they say you're Hitler anyways, and unfortunately, which is nobody's fault. But very often they still works with the electorate because most people don't.
Speaker 1: Have the time to engage with politics all the time, like you and I.
Speaker 6: So if the mainstream media constant it tells you these guys are like Hitler, you assume, well, if the media say so, it's probably true. But I think we're gradually see people realizing the media lize to you. And the best evidence we have for this is just remember we've been told for four years that Joe Biden is the fittest, smartest, most brilliant man ever to occupy the White House.
Speaker 1: We all know now that this was a lie, that it was visible for everyone what I used to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, look at the lefty media in the US scrambling to take back the last four years of denial now. Quebec based journalist Alexandra Lavoy has posted this video on immigration growth in Paris. She says Paris is now almost unrecognizable.
Speaker 4: Ralph.
Speaker 2: This journalist has described what she saw as shocking almost all immigrants African style, straight markets, litter and garbage everywhere.
Speaker 4: On the ground. Will this get worse under the far left?
Speaker 6: I mean, if you look at what's the program of Sean Luke Menichew, like one of the more radical members of the French Left Alliance, were saying, they are talking about granting refugee star status to so called climate refugees, which we can talk the detail I think is a bollocks term, but that's besides the point. And according to the UN, there's about one point two billion climate refugees already in the world, so good luck for France to take in.
Speaker 1: One point two billion refugees.
Speaker 6: You will no longer like you will have a place on the map that is called France, but there will no longer be a French nation.
Speaker 2: Ralph Sholhamma, we have to leave it there. Thank you very much for joining us. This evening still to come. Prince William appears to close the door on his brother and a famous Hollywood actor goes.
Speaker 4: Undercover as a normal person.
Speaker 1: D D.
Speaker 4: Dun Levy joins me next after this.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, joining me now is broadcaster and commentator d D.
Speaker 4: Done Levy. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: So, Prince William is said to have banned his brother Prince Harry, from ever returning to the Royal Fold. That's according to British royals expert Hillary Forditch, who says, to this day, after the release of Spare and that Netflix series, as well as everything else that Harry's done, it's Prince William who adamantly refuses to even speak to his brother.
Speaker 15: D D.
Speaker 2: Look, this is hardly surprising. Why on earth would they ever want Harry back into the fold.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's a little part of me, a little part of probably everyone in Britain and Royal watches that would actually like the Royal family to be all reunited and unified, which I don't suspect will happen while Meghan is still part of the whole picture. And there's talk that William is the sort of the enforcer, the tough guy of the Royal family.
Speaker 4: Prince Charles is a pushover.
Speaker 3: I think he'd take Harry back in a heartbeat, but William's sort of taken on that role that Prince Philip led where he was the tough guy of it. I think I can see William's point of view as well. He's more protective of I think the upset that Harry caused while the Queen was in her dying weeks, months, even years, and so that's probably why William has such a stronger feeling toward Harry. But I just can't see it happening. I think what the Royal family should do is actually sever all ties with this pair with Harry and Meghan, because that then devalues their currency. Does it if the not former Royals and can't keep referring to that, than all her little schemes to make money they really not worth anything.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly I don't think they're worth anything as it stands now. Look, Carnie West is reportedly retiring from professional music, according to an alleged text.
Speaker 4: Exchange with Rich the Kid.
Speaker 2: Now Rich the Kid uploaded a screenshot to his Instagram of messages he'd received from an iPhone contact under the name ye reading I'm retiring from professional music.
Speaker 4: Not sure what else to do. Rich then tried to convince the father of four to reconsider his decision. DD it seems.
Speaker 2: Carnie's well highly controversial, rather strange at times.
Speaker 3: Career is at the end of the road, the stage at all times. I think, Look, I don't think either of us or anyone's going to.
Speaker 4: Fall for this at all.
Speaker 3: I think Kanye craves the spotlight. I don't think he can live without it. Just take a look at he and his partner. They clearly love the attention. This all feels very manufactured to me. And he's actually smart of Carne that he's linked himself. I know he's released a single with this artist who I'd never heard of neither, But to align yourself with the younger artist and to do something like this, it kind of gives him, you know, a bit of more than longevity in the business. And he's done very well for himself. I think he knows from a marketing perspective what he's doing. And I think the whole thing was staged for publicity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, probably, and maybe he's got a new single coming out and he's trying to just test the waters before he goes the launches.
Speaker 4: I think that's a very good point.
Speaker 2: Now, this is hilarious because actor Kevin Bacon he wore prosthetic teeth, nose, and glasses to experiment with anonymity.
Speaker 4: Trying to be like the everyday man.
Speaker 2: But his experiment was short lived because he said, quote I had to wait in line to buy a coffee.
Speaker 4: I was like, this sucks. I want to go back to being famous. G DD.
Speaker 2: It's a hard life being a celebrity, isn't it, not having to wait in line for coffee.
Speaker 4: I'm looking he gave it a fair guy, spies. Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Actually he's at risk of coming across as a bit of a spoiled brat and a bit of somebody who none of us want to be six degrees from as we all are. I'd like to think that Kevin Bacon did this just as a joke or for a bit of fun, because if you'd take it seriously, it actually it's just I mean, I can't stand that expression white privilege.
Speaker 4: But it's a bit privilege, isn't it.
Speaker 3: And all the influences are probably fainting and clutching at their pearls because they're all dying to be famous, and here's Kevin Bacon, who is famous, who just.
Speaker 4: Doesn't want it for that moment. I mean, everyone wants something they haven't got.
Speaker 3: I'm going to assume that Kevin Bacon did this for the fun of it and not because he actually hates his life as a celebrity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think he just wanted to see how far he could test the waters at being anonymous one.
Speaker 4: He gave it a day at least. Good on him for trying.
Speaker 2: Now, Alec Baldwin's trial for involuntary manslaughter over a fatal shooting on the set of western movie Rust has begun. The Hollywood A lister was pointing a gun at cinematographer Helena Hutchins during a rehearsal in twenty twenty one when it fired a live round, of course, killing her and wounding the movie's director d d He could actually face jail time if he's found guilty by the jury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could.
Speaker 3: And I think this trial is going to be a lot less Hollywood juicy than people are actually expecting. I think it's going to be quite dry and technical because a lot of the evidence is going to the discussion I think in the case is going to revolve around the gun that was used, because Alec Baldwin insists that he didn't fire the gun, he didn't pull the trigger at bigger pardon that he only cocked the gun, and his defense teams say that the gun had been modified somehow filed down. The FBI tested it and they said no, it fired absolutely normally. But in the FBI doing their testing, they destroyed the gun. Therefore, there is no evidence to prove whether or not this gun. There are some photographs, I believe, but there is no actual gun to look at to determine whether he did actually fire it or with he did just.
Speaker 4: Pull the trigger back.
Speaker 3: So I think it will be very technical, and I think that it is a question that's going to be very difficult to answer.
Speaker 4: I suspect that he may end.
Speaker 3: Up being cleared of these charges, and I think the only thing that we can be sure of is that he should be treated like any other person. He shouldn't be given any special privilege in this particular case because he's a celebrity.
Speaker 2: No, I completely agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what the jury finds. Deed it don Lee be good to speak with you. Thanks for joining us, pleasure, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. Good Night,