Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present. We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm all right, hey, and this is high Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat. If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about it, and today I'm not talking about it with Britney. Unfortunately, if you haven't seen online, she's had a little bit of an issue with her new Paramatta store, so she's dealing with that today and that is totally fair. So instead I decided I would get someone to come and help cover for Brittany this episode. I have a very special guest coming up. You could probably already tell who it is. I'm sure it's in the title and everything like that anyway, but I'll pretend it's a secret. We spoke a lot about musical theater. They gave you their wicked review and also backed me up on the whole fiasco of the event. I also saved their life today in one way or another. I also go on a bit of a rant, and I let them have their own rant as well. So this has been a fabulous episode all round. But I'll just let them explain exactly what's been going on. So, without further ado deal me in dull, let's go. Oh, welcome back to High Scrollers everyone. Hello, good morning. As you just heard in the intro, Brittany is not with us today, but I've got a little treat for you all. I contacted one of my favorite people in the entire world and they were unavailable, so I then contacted Mitchell Ker.
Speaker 3: Did you see the eye roll when you said my favorite people in the world. I was like, that can't be me.
Speaker 1: That can't be me.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the High Scrollers.
Speaker 1: Darn thanks, darlin. I got to tell you you've actually done me a huge favor. I'm in here today.
Speaker 2: What's happened?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: By me being here, you've actually saved my life. Wouldn't be the first time. No, seriously, I was in harm's way and if I hadn't had to leave the house suddenly to be here, it could have been way worse.
Speaker 2: On this sounds serious, Dead said, what's happened.
Speaker 3: So you know a bit of backstory, and you know this about me, right, I'm a stickler for ergonomics, yes, as in, like you know the correct posture, having your desks just right, the screens at the right height, all those things, your arms at a ninety angle, all that stuff. Are mad for it because I learned the halfway that you have to sit properly otherwise you get horrific RSIs right, That's what happened in my early twenties when I didn't know what ergonomics were. So I've been burnt before, and you've seen me go up to people at their desk and say it, stop flouting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a stickler for it.
Speaker 3: Sit up straight, and I've got my desk set up perfectly in my office. You've been to my house, you've seen it.
Speaker 2: Well, you're comfortable here before we start?
Speaker 1: Yes, perfect?
Speaker 3: How are the ergonomics of the Nova Studio absolutely perfect?
Speaker 1: No notes?
Speaker 3: Seriously and so normally I'm at my desk working from home in the perfectly set up workspace.
Speaker 1: But today I thought.
Speaker 3: I just don't have the energy. I might just have my laptop on the couch and kick back. I never do this I'm a sick lover ergonomics. I never just kicked back on the couch and have the poor posture. But today I was like, n nah, I'm gonna treat myself. So I sat there for hours if my laptop on my lap, and then I got your message saying, Hi, We're in a pinch.
Speaker 1: Can you come on the podcast?
Speaker 3: I said, sure, took my laptop off my lap, dropped everything tools down. Oh my god, do you want to see how burnt my legs up from having my laptop on my lap?
Speaker 1: Show me I see it. Because the ergonomics are two cut the depths really high.
Speaker 2: I'll just show you have to come around here burned. Oh my god, Mitchell, what the heck?
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So if you hadn't have called me in here, I could have melted. I imagine how much worse it would have been if I'd continue to sit there with this boiling on laptop on my lap.
Speaker 3: Okay, drama of it all, Well, I'm glad I could have saved your legs slash live. I also did have to come here in a rush. These clothes weren't quite done in the dryer. Bit damp over here, I hope you can't smell it.
Speaker 2: That's all right, no over studios for the mold anyways, I'm just kidding Hannah produce. Hannah's looking at me like, excuse me, as if.
Speaker 1: She's responsible for the mold anyway, don't take it personally.
Speaker 2: Fine anyway, Welcome to High Scrollers. It's so good to have you here. And I thought it's quite fitting to have you here. You were the first person to come to mind, because obviously the scrollers. Now I've been promoting our Christmas show can't be bothered Christmas with the Gay Grinches coming to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne in December. We'll have a link in the show notes for you to buy a ticket to come and see Mitchell and I. But I thought, you know, obviously the history and the law of our friendship. We've been friends for many years thanks to social media. But obviously we also had an ex podcast trash Alley.
Speaker 1: Yes you've gone crawling back to the gigs.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel this is a nice nod to the trash bags who are listening. As I know we have so many trash bags who listen to who are now scrollers and listen to High Scrollers but also it's a great chance for people who maybe don't know you or never listen to trash ally to see our vibe. And if you enjoy today's episode, you can see us both live on stage in December if you live in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. So basically you're here because I think it's a great push for tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like the entree for people who don't know who the fuck? Yeah, yeah, might have been thinking of buying tickets that can't be bothered, but then they were like, who's that random woman?
Speaker 1: I only know? All right, hey, I only care about him.
Speaker 2: Well, you happy with the poster that they made for us?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they did a good job with us. It's I just love that it's our heads. And then everything else is kind of AI generated.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Like most of it is actually me, the hands and the arms and stuff. But I did not put on that missus clause frock Sorry.
Speaker 2: No, my am I What am I in? I'm in like a some sort of dress as well, little this clause frog or elf outfit, I don't know, but that's AI generated as well, now that I.
Speaker 1: Think of it.
Speaker 3: Should we have turned on that thing on Instagram that's like, declare AI generated content?
Speaker 1: Are we unethical?
Speaker 2: Has that popped up on any of your posts that aren't AI generated?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? I'm actually just that beautiful? Yeah, how dare you?
Speaker 2: It happens quite often to me. It goes label it as AI, or sometimes it labels it as AI just because anything to AI. But sometimes I think it's because the only thing I can put it down to is captions, Like I've added captions, and they think because it's text, like the AI has created the captions on the video, and that's the only thing that I think would warrant having to put that it's AI generated content. But yeah, I think it's a bit It's all a bit silly.
Speaker 3: But even if you're putting up just a tile that's promoting something with text, and it'll go, oh, that's AI generated.
Speaker 1: No, it's Microsoft paint Dale and it's not that advanced. It's not AI.
Speaker 2: I'm only unbloody can call that AI. I don't know. Well, fabulous to have you here. Thanks for being with us, Mitchell. Let's kick this episode off and get into our Royal Flush. Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. Yes, it's time for our Royal Flush. Now, Mitchell, I have asked you to prepare for us the best thing you've seen on the internet this week. That's what our royal flush is. Did you get that? Because high scrollers casino theme.
Speaker 1: Royal have a man's plaining to make good, just making sure.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure you're across it. You've been inducted and into the studio. I'm gonna let you, being the guest of honor, take me through your royal flush. What's the best thing you've seen on the internet this week?
Speaker 1: Well, I narrowed it down to two.
Speaker 2: Give us both, because we've got to give.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect I'll give you both, and you tell me which one is actually the best. With them. So, as you know, I'm a big fan of Cheryl and Barnes. Oh my favorite. A lot of you know, gays who are skiwing a bit gronky like myself, also adore Schering the Barnes.
Speaker 1: How do you even explain CHERYLN. Barnes the people that don't know who she is?
Speaker 2: CHERYLN. Barnes is a woman who lives in does She live in Campbelltown in Sydney. She started a YouTube channel many years ago just ranting about mules at the moment.
Speaker 1: Because she won a MacBook at the library Raffle.
Speaker 3: That's where she got that's where she started the YouTube videos and she just rants and they're ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I love the videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's fabulous, and it's kind of they're few and far between. She doesn't post super often on YouTube, and so when CHERYLN. Barnes drops the video, I drop everything. I've done that thing where many times, you know how you can do the YouTube premieres, they've got the countdown and you watch it live, it's it debuts. Oh, I drop everything. It's a big event when CHERYLN. Barnes put out on new YouTube. And so she put one out last week and it wasn't even the video itself.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite thing on the internet.
Speaker 3: She just does this thing every time she's promoting a video where she goes new video on my YouTube coming at five pm Gosford time, and every time it's a different random fucking suburb And I don't know why.
Speaker 1: That just tickles my funny bone.
Speaker 3: That brand of stupid humor is very me five pm Dapto time. Yeah, it's so ridiculous. And so yeah, that was one of them, it just gets me every time. The other one is I've got a new favorite TikToker.
Speaker 1: I might be late to the train because I'm not, you know, on top of these trends all the time. You might be like, yeah, I've seen this a million years ago. But if you heard of Emily Sen.
Speaker 3: No, But I feel with TikTok, I actually couldn't tell you people's names.
Speaker 2: I could tell you that I have to.
Speaker 1: To check what her name was. I don't know her name either.
Speaker 3: I just know her as the chick that sings ballads in the kitchen or in the laundry. Her whole shtick is just being ridiculously melodramatic while doing tasks. There's a whole playlist on a TikTok called singing while doing stuff. But frankly, why is she in her kitchen unloading the dishwater? She should be on fucking Broadway. Like the song covers that she did. The song covers that she does are stunning. She did define gravity. Do you want to hear that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: I thought that'd be the one you'd want to hear.
Speaker 2: Show me as well because I need the visual come nice.
Speaker 3: What is the text say on the text say, why does it take you so long to unload the dishwasher?
Speaker 2: Okay? Fun?
Speaker 3: And she does different tasks like that, why does it take you so long to make your bed? And it's her curled up singing a show tune and it's all the one like I love a belter. Yeah, you know the ones, the songs in every show that give you the chill. Those songs are always my favorite. And so I'm obsessed with her great voice.
Speaker 2: It's so like clean. I don't know if the sut word, but her voice just sounds so clean, which, by the way, I do want to say this week. In fact, in I think two days from when this episode drops, Wicked the movie will come out. And I have already spoken on the podcast about how much I loved Dead and all the rest of that, and I also spoke about how unorganized the event was and that, oh you did that. It was like the worst event that I have been to in terms of how it was structured, slash set out, slash organized, slash security. And obviously Brittany didn't come, so I haven't been able to like talk with it about it with anyone. But now that you're here and you were there, the same night.
Speaker 1: I feel your pain, and I feel it ten times worse. You've got a nice fucking photo, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I want to know, first of all, tell me about your experience with the Wicked Event, and then second of all, I need you to either back me up or give me your thoughts on the movie as a whole. And I feel like as well that it's coming out in a couple of days, that embargo's almost lifted, so we might get away with speaking a little bit more about the Actually feel like I was.
Speaker 3: The only person on planet Earth that paid attention to the embargo.
Speaker 1: Everyone's been giving reviews. Yeah, we're actually not meant to, but fuck it.
Speaker 2: We're allowed to say whether we enjoyed it or not, but we can't mention, like, we can't mention how things play out. But have you know people doing that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, totally. Somehow. There's already TikTok videos leaking. I'm like, how did you get that?
Speaker 3: And it's not even the shitty, you know, pirated copy where they film it in a cinema.
Speaker 1: They've actually got a copy of the movie. I'm like, how did what kind of nerdy shit did you do to get that? Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, what I thought of it.
Speaker 3: I went in with low expectations because I'm a Wicked fan, and I'm like, I don't want them to fuck it, you know. I thought they might dilute it a bit in movie form so that people who aren't necessarily musical theater nerds it might be more palatable to them, you know what I mean. And so I thought, maybe they're not going to do it justice.
Speaker 1: The Wicked nerds are going to be like.
Speaker 3: You've ruined it, You've ruined it. But nah, they definitely did the stage show justice. It was like, down to the dialogue, everything, it was the same thing, just on the screen. Yeah, and so, yeah, I thought it was going to be not great, but yeah, pleasantly pleasantly pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 2: I said the same thing. I went in actually prepared to come out hating it because such a big Wicked fan. I was like, there's no way this could be good or to standing of good when Wicked is so I'm so obsessed with the stage show. But I feel the same way. I'm like, they actually couldn't have done any better.
Speaker 3: They made it for us, Yeah, Wicked Nerds, they did it for us. Yeah, and I feel like everyone involved in making it, even the actresses. Of course they're wicked nerds as well, so they wanted to do it justice. And you could just bloody tell, yeah, you could tell. As for the event itself, what a steaming loight of dogshit. That was, what a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 1: I was as doing as I was told.
Speaker 3: They said, get here, really so you can get your photos and post it on social media, because that's why I'm invited to these things.
Speaker 1: Really, that's the whole bloody point.
Speaker 3: And so I did what I was told, and every entrance they would just like go around the other side, walk around the block, because obviously the roads were closed for Ariana and Cynthia.
Speaker 1: There were some big deals there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm like hello, but they just wouldn't let me in. And I think the security guards might have been hired externally, they didn't actually work for the event, because people there with their clipboards that actually worked for the event were like, Okay, we'll try and get you in.
Speaker 1: We'll try and get you in, and the security guards are like, nah, not allowed, and they're like I work here, yeah, I work here. Can we just get him in? If he was in the four thirty slaughters, now five forty fucking five, give it, get this basket on the carpet.
Speaker 2: That's what I think, like was the biggest problem was. I think security had must have been briefed and said, no matter what anyone says, no matter what color lenyard they've got, no matter what clipboard they got, if they.
Speaker 1: Treat them like shit, yeah they did.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they were. They were told probably to say no to letting people in any which way whatever. So when even if you know the people who did work there and had the clipboards and knew who was meant to be where said yeah, they're fine to come through security, We're like no. So it was absolutely mental. And I was saying, as well, did you find that security would be like you can't stand here, Go and stand over there. And then you get there and another security guard had yell at you and literally physically push you.
Speaker 3: I need you or to take one big step to the right, so we did, and then another one like, excuse me, one big step to the left. So I'm like no, but the other lady she doesn't want me there, and then it was just a cluster fuck.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to get in and sit down and watch my film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So once I was in there and I got over that you know, frustration, I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, right, oh, that's right, I'm here to watch the Wicked movie. I actually got excited again because that whole ORDEA was just like, oh my god, what's going on. At one point I thought I wasn't going to be let in at all and I wouldn't get to watch it. The once I was in that theater sitting down, I was like, now I can enjoy myself, and what.
Speaker 2: A magical experience. I did love that it was at the State Theater, which is random that not many movie premieres are there. At least I don't think I've been too many there. It's more of a place you go see a stage show or like if a if a comedian comes and does like a stand up show, they go to the State Theater. So to watch a movie in there was a little different to normal, but I actually quite enjoyed it, and it almost made it like more magical being in that like old theater. I thought, so, oh it was really good. So you're obviously agreeing with me on basically everything that everyone listening should go and and watch this movie, because the only question I got Brittany said, oh, should I take AJ? Will AJ like it? And I was like, I don't know how to. Actually, I don't know how people who maybe haven't seen Wicked the Stage show would actually feel about this movie. I'm interested to see once it's out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we're doing Wicked for dummies, if you haven't seen the stage show, you obviously need to know the context of Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: That's this entry level shit.
Speaker 3: If you don't know Wizard of Oz, don't bother see Wicked because it'll make no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I don't know whether people who haven't seen or aren't up to date with all of that will enjoy the film. But I think if you're a Wicked fan, take it from two of the biggests of course, Wicked fans in Australia coming in just short of probably Joel Crazy. Yeah. He kept saying on the day, I've seen Wicked two hundred and fifty times. Dragon. That's a bit of bullshit, or do you reckon he actually has seen it that many times.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like a lot of times. That's all because I've seen it maybe five and that's including all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's Includingdney, Broadway, West End. So I've seen it. Oh my god, I even saw it.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when they released the rights of Wicked to amateur theaters? I've even seen the paramat Wicked. And didn't they do well for a quote unquote amateur theater company. How did they do the define gravity lift at Paramatta.
Speaker 1: Just like they would on any other stage?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was a cherry pick of vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't feel like a popo version of Wicked at all. So they go six times? I beg your pardon.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what's funny. I haven't seen it on Broadway or West End, which are obviously big goals for me to see it, but I have seen it in Japan. Oh really random?
Speaker 3: Was that like the mini version they did, because it wasn't like a forty five minute version they did at theme parks? Yeah, that's the one I said, Yeah, at the Universal st Sorry, we're getting real nerdy with Wicked right now.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: They cut a lot, but yeah, it was kind of just like a speed run of Wicked. They definitely did define gravity. Everything was in Japanese. But I obviously you could follow along the story anyway because I knew it so well. But I've only ever seen it in Sydney and then randomly I went and saw it in Brisbane not long ago, but when it was in Sydney last time. Because this is am I correct in saying, this is now, it's running now in Australia. That's the third time or is it only the second time?
Speaker 1: I think it's a third. I think, yeah, I think I've.
Speaker 2: Seen it because in high school I saw it a handful of times. After high school, I saw it so many times, and then now I've seen it three times since it's been in this production.
Speaker 3: But don't I reckon it kind of ruins every other musical for you in what way?
Speaker 1: Because every time I go to a show, I'm like, I mean, that was fantastic, Bravo, but it's not wicked.
Speaker 3: You know, it had been a long time since I've been wowed by a shy because we cod fucked everyone else.
Speaker 1: They fucked them, they fucked them over. I've been too good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I see what you mean. But also I can decompartmentalize, what's that word? I can also like, because for example, you have to give it what you have to give it. I guess what it's worth. What am I trying to say here? Like when I went and saw six.
Speaker 1: In the musical, Oh, yeah, that was fabulous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you ever see it at the Sydney Opera House When it first was hear we were in the studio in the Sydney Opera House, which is this tiny little theater. That's where I saw it.
Speaker 1: For the first It was like an off Broadway vibe had you taken off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was before COVID and I loved it and it was so like low budget kind of yeah, and it was fantastic and I fell in love with it. And then now it's you know, at the Theater Royal and.
Speaker 1: Things like that, and so it's blown up.
Speaker 2: It's blown up. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that Titanique has the same same same treatment.
Speaker 1: They need to blow up.
Speaker 3: This has gone from the best things I've seen on the internet to like ten years worth of theater chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten years worth of royal flushes in the theater. But yes, Titanique. I when I went and saw it earlier this year, that's a hot contender for Royal Flush of the Year. By the way, from me because when I went and saw it, I raved about it. So your Titanic, you're you're a Titanic fan as well.
Speaker 1: How many times you've seen it?
Speaker 2: Only the ones? I I'm very busy, but I wish, I wish I had the time to go three times. But it's not often that there's a musical in town where I feel personally responsible to make sure that people I know that haven't seen.
Speaker 1: It do see it.
Speaker 3: So if it means I have to personally fag them there myself, and it means I have to sit through it again, I will do that because I'm like, no, no, you need to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you need to Yeah, no, I'm on board with that too. Except I haven't done that, but I have been trying to convince everyone that I can to go and see it because it is so fantastic and there are seasons just extended to here in Sydney, but I'm sure to be around the country as well.
Speaker 1: Bloody better be.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could speak all day about musical theater. What else are some of your favorites? You know? Book of Mormons coming Back. I've never seen that. I've never seen it. I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. Yeah, very dark humor.
Speaker 2: Get good right up my alley? What else is a good musical? Theater show? Musical? What do we love? I loved the old production of Hairspray back in twenty thirteen when it came here, and it was all much for me. So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: When I saw it in twenty thirteen, it was all electrified, as in, everything was led.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that. I saw that on an excursion.
Speaker 2: Yes, so everything was led. They had the big kneon Hairspray sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember that?
Speaker 2: You know when she said things like the rats on the street dance around my feet, rats ran over, you know, on the LED screens and stuff like that, and it was all cartoony.
Speaker 1: You've unlocked all these memories I forgot I had.
Speaker 2: So I loved that. And then in the recent hair Spray last year or the year before, it looked like it was straight out of the seventies and it was actually sets and everything and there was no LED whatsoever. And I actually didn't enjoy that as much. The led really added that like other element to it that was so fabulous. But then I saw, like Hairspray, how it should be seen and I went, oh, I don't love it as much.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I just remember when I first saw it on that school excursion the night before they'd taken us to Mary Poppins, and I was still reeling from that that I couldn't absorb hairspray properly, so I was like, I'd rather just be at Mary Poppins again. It was bloody awesome. I loved that one. It was my favorite until Wicked came along.
Speaker 2: Mary Poppins is fantastic as well. When she flies over the audience at the end.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, quick rant. Sorry, we'll move on from the musical shit, I swear. But when they brought Wickered back and it was at the Lyric Theater, where I know for a fucking fact they have the capability to fly people over the audience, I like Mary Poppins. The director was teasing, being like, yeah, there's going to be things in this production that have never been seen in Australia before. And I'm like, oh my god, they're going to make her to viire gravity over the crowd because they do that in some overseas versions of Wicked. Yeah, And I was like, they're going to make her fly over the crowd at the end of the first act. That's going to be amazing. That's very much what it was hinting at. I can't remember the wording, but it was hinting it there's going to be extra flying na if they didn't do that, just some fucking monkeys dropped from the ceiling.
Speaker 1: That's all the flying they did. I was like, wow, mind blowing.
Speaker 2: So the monkeys dropped from the ceiling. So what I was really excited for when I went and saw it in Brisbane, I was excited to see that nap didn't happen.
Speaker 1: No flying monkeys, so.
Speaker 2: No flying monkeys over the audience. But yes, the flying monkey's over the audience in Sydney. You know what I did notice though, is one of the best moments in Wicked when I saw it at the Capitol Theater is when.
Speaker 1: I prefer that Eric disquiet, so did I.
Speaker 2: And when she Elphaba comes out of the floor and does her Fiero big fierro note.
Speaker 1: Stops coming out of the floor. She's no good deed.
Speaker 2: She just runs on stage. Now, So the Lyric Theater, you've got monkeys flying from the ceiling. Gorgeous, but like, can you have a stage lift in the middle of the floor to give it the moment. It's to you anyway, So sorry, this has gone from high scrollers to fucking faggots who listen to want to talk about musical theater. Honestly, Royal Flash, I'm voting that your Royal flush. I'm going to vote the best Royal flush was the not Sherwin Barnes one. The other one, like the.
Speaker 1: Other one has more legs. Knock at the conversation with film bang no no about musical theater.
Speaker 3: There's so many other ones that Emily Sen has done, but I don't away time.
Speaker 2: Now. Well, I'm going to give you my Royal Flush the Week, which is a TikTok that I saw which kind of hit home for me and was very funny because in high school I had a few problems with some of my teachers, my educators. Did you ever have like a hideous teacher in high school that just you couldn't do anything to please them? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like they had their definite favorites, but then their least favorites, and if you were the least favorite, you didn't even have to do anything to earn that.
Speaker 1: They just didn't like you. No, and it was so pleasing them.
Speaker 2: As you say, it was so strange because like, for example, I had a teacher who when I because I did legal studies as one of my subjects in school, and I had a teacher who we may have spoken about this on trash alle ones. Actually I'm going to be refresh my I'm getting be dejhah foo. Remember my dad actually had to have a meeting with him because of in quotations my behavior. And my dad, who literally like would never say a bad word about anyone, came out and was like, mate, don't even worry about him because he's an idiot. Really, because my teacher was just someone who he just started out for me, and I obviously he's a legal studies teacher. So I don't want to say anything on the podcast. This is all allegedly allegedly allegedly, but like, take one good hard look at me, Like there's clearly something that he didn't like about me, And there's one major thing about me that take your pick out of all the things about me. That's what's something that most people or like some people would have the majority of people who have a problem with me would have a problem with okay, you compete all that together. I know that was very cryptic, but basically there was just like no reason for him to not like me. But it was just ridiculous how much he put me through to the point where my friend was sitting next to me, and now she was the disruptor of the class. She would talk talk talk, talk talk, and I remember one and one episode. I remember one lesson. I was sitting there and I was making direct eye contact with him, and She's talking at me about boys, this, that whatever, just going on on on on, and I was just keeping my eye contact with him, ignoring her, just trying to make her shut up, because I was like, I'm going to prove to him that I am he has my focus. I'm never doing anything wrong. It's actually her that keeps getting me in trouble.
Speaker 1: And getting away with it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So she's gone on for like I'm gonna say, twenty minutes. She keeps going going, and then she's going, why are you doing me? Do you have a problem with me? Like what's going on? Like blah blah, And I'm just looking at him, keeping that direct eye contact, going babes telepathically trying to tell my teacher, not me. I literally turned my head and said, can you just be quiet and I'll talk to you about this later. Get out of my classroom. Oh my god, drags my chair out, tells me to get out. I'm out. He locks me outside the classroom, which is well, in this day and age, that wouldn't even be allowed. You can't lock a student out. What if they get murdered. You wouldn't be able to do that, would you. But like, that's the kind of behavior that I. Oh, that's the kind of treatment that I was like dealing with with him, right yep.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I've seen this TikTok, which I felt was fabulous. It says.
Speaker 2: Life is such a funny. Thirteen years ago one of my teachers made me cry on a school excursion. Today, I rejected her mortgage application.
Speaker 3: Oh, abusing power in a workplace, I can say I've done that to a teacher I didn't like.
Speaker 1: Oh what happened when I worked at Macas?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was on the drive through she pulled up to the speaker so she couldn't see me yet, and I bunned on my customer service boys, Hi, what can I get for you today? And she ordered like a latte with skim milk and splendor. Oh, and then she got to the window and goes, that couldn't have been you. That couldn't have been you. They sounded far too friendly to be you.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: So when she drove around, I said to the people down the front of the Maca's store, I just said through the little earpiece, the lady with the late she'd like full cream and eight fucking sugars. Actually she wanted the life at option. I was like, think again, bitch. Yet that's what you get for being shaky to me.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. See that's I mean. I'm not really in a position of power now, but I wish that I was somewhere where that teacher would have like, I just love that idea, that like, she's been horrible to that whoever made that TikTok? And then he's like, well I rejected her mortgage application and then it says swings and roundabouts, bab I'm like, that is so funny. And the amount of things that I would do to like to be able to give some sort of revenge to that teacher. I just do you ever feel like I just hate that I like didn't stand up for myself earlier in my life. I feel like now I would never and could never let anyone treat me the way that that teacher and.
Speaker 3: Treated The outcome of the meeting with your father, what was the outcome?
Speaker 2: Oh, that was to discuss like my behavior in the classroom. And I had said to my dad prior to this, because what had happened was one of my other teachers kept me back to talk about my assignment and then she was like, all right, you better go, and she was lovely and she was like, you better go to your next class, and I was like, yeah, no worries I get. I literally like run to my legal stuf his class. I'm like running towards the door. The teacher sees me and just shuts the door in my face and locks it and then won't let me in. And then I'm like knocking and knocking and knocking. He opens the door and goes, well, you're late, so I'm putting you down as truanting. And I was like like skipping class and I was like, oh, I was just seeing miss so and so about one of my assignments. And he goes, well, you have to go and get a note from her. So I went to go and get a note from her. I was like, okay, I'll go and get a note like that's fine. Went to go and get a note from her.
Speaker 1: And of course he's asking you to disturb her class. That's not fair.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that was her last class of the day. She'd gone home. So I went back to the class, said she's gone home for the day, so I don't I can't get a note. And he was like, all right, well, I'm putting you down as a fra truancy and you've skipped class. And I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: He literally made you later to class than you already were, that fucking dog.
Speaker 2: So I went right, this is the thing, Like he didn't care about me fucking learning anything. He just wanted to like punish me all the time. So I just went and sat in the library and just like started doing the assignment that I had got help with for the other class, and then one of the and then the school what do you call, like the assistant principal or deputy principal whatever that was whatever. He came into the library and saw me in there, and he was like, what are you doing in here? And I was like, oh, mister so and so won't let me into class, and then he's so wrong, And then I had to talk to him about the whole thing. So then he, being the god send he is, writes me a note and says I explained the situation to him. He wrote me, I took that back to my legal city teacher and I said, there's a note from the deputy principal saying you must allow me to come back in there he's a note.
Speaker 1: From your bloody boss mate.
Speaker 2: So this is a thing. I've now like one up to him and I've got sucked in and he's gone, right, well, I'll be having a meeting with your father about your behave bah blah blah. So then I've explained all this to my dad. I've literally never been in trouble in school in my life, and Dad had to come into the school to have a meeting with him, and I was like, Dad, like, this is the situation.
Speaker 1: What did even say in this meeting about yours?
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't there. I wasn't there, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't not doing anything wrong? Then what can even talk to your bloody father about?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But this is the thing I was saying to Dad, like I actually haven't done anything wrong, And then I think my dad just like met him and just knew he was just like, oh, he's just it's clearly like either a personal thing or it's a he's just maybe I remind him of an ex student that he hated, or maybe do you know what I mean, or perhaps he just didn't like he just doesn't like who I am. So I don't know what the reason is, but it's just very strange that even my dad, who would always be on the right side of the law, you know what I mean, Like my dad always is like like, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Said your misbehaving. He's the teacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's exactly right. So even after me being like Dad, like just letting you know, he's not all there, like not not all there, but like he's just it's this is a really random situation. It's not like I'm actually being naughty in class, like he's actually just got it out for me. Yeah, my dad.
Speaker 3: Now it's bad when even your dad, Midna, he's a cockhead.
Speaker 1: If that's what I'm saying though, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It literally is like for my dad to be on my side at the end of that is actually a really big thing. I mean, obviously my dad would always take my side, but if I've done the wrong thing, my dad would also be like, you've done the wrong thing here, you know what I mean. But seeing as I for him to come out of it and be like, don't even worry about that. If you have another problem, tell him to call me. I'll sort it out.
Speaker 3: I'm like firing up something within me. I really want to get revenge on this teacher somehow. I don't approve mortgages and work at massage.
Speaker 1: What can we do? Like a spell? Some do do shit? What can we do? Yeah, let's try to start a rumor. Let's just go and get some I'll use some AI shit, fabricate screenshots.
Speaker 2: We'll put up a story on Instagram with a with a rumor about him. We'll have to tag at AI generated though, and that'll cover ours.
Speaker 1: Then it's difficult to start.
Speaker 3: This is actually this was actually good because Mitchell, we've just started a new segment on the podcast By the Week.
Speaker 2: By the Way Shock. Today we started a new podcast segment called Matt's Rant of the Week.
Speaker 1: I did hear it because.
Speaker 2: Brittany seems to think that all I do is rant on this podcast, and she's probably correct. Is there anything on what podcasts are for? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Well is there anything you want to get off your chest this week? Because I feel like I've just ranted about my legal studies teacher, I'm now handing it over to you. And if you've got something, what's your would you say, petty gripe of a week?
Speaker 1: I don't have to think what's something I can get right up about?
Speaker 2: And then the whole point is I have to let you know, because Brittany would usually do this. I have to let you know whether you are just in your ranting and whether you actually whether your opinion is fine, or whether I think you're overreacting and you need to get over it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got one, I've got here. We go. Well, I would.
Speaker 3: Like to tell Apple as a company to go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself. Why because overnight my device is updated to the new software. I didn't consent to that, so I've got to learn all this new shit.
Speaker 1: But not only that, me air Purified doesn't connect by the Wi Fi anymore.
Speaker 3: I can't use the app to control it all my bloody nano leaf smart lights. They're fucked. I can't use the phone to control them anymore. There's this weird glitch where they.
Speaker 1: Don't cooperate anymore.
Speaker 3: And I was really worried when I moved house recently because you now, if you change Wi Fi or whatever, all the electronics that you've got, you know, connected to the app, all those things you can control with the app, they sometimes stop working suddenly if you move house.
Speaker 1: I moved house and I was praying to the heaven.
Speaker 3: It's been like, I just hope they work, and they did, and I was like, fuck, yeah, that just makes my life so much easier. And now Apple's gone and fucked it for me.
Speaker 2: Nothing works no, So is it updated to the iOS eighteen?
Speaker 1: Probably? I don't know. I don't keep up with that shit. But now I'll just be like Alex, I turn the lights off and She'll go, what lights? Oh, nothing's connected anymore?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first of all, I think you are just in your opinions on that. I'm going to side with you on that rant. I agree, especially because you didn't opt in. Now I did opt in because I do love an opt I do love an update, but I'd like to ruin your life just a little bit more. You said at the start of this episode that I saved your life, but I'm going to ruin it perfect. Open up your photos Appy, just open it open, it's open. Is it different to normal?
Speaker 1: Am I missing something? I don't pay that much attention?
Speaker 2: Okay, scroll down. Just try and find your favorites. What just try and find your favorites? What do you mean you won't be able to You genuinely will not be able to find your favorite photos. They're lovehearted on the images.
Speaker 1: But you have to look at all of the images and yes, look for the love heart.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can't see like hardly anything like when you scroll down, if you want to find any of your albums, any of your anything, like just play in there.
Speaker 2: I have. I'm still to this day like I've been on iOS eighteen since whenever the update came out. What's September. I still can't use the photos app. I don't know where to find mate, because what I'll do often is favorite photos that I might want to either put in a dump or favorite videos that I need to edit.
Speaker 1: It's a very normal thing.
Speaker 2: To do, yeap.
Speaker 1: Literally the purpose of the favoriteing.
Speaker 2: Yep, cannot find my favorites anywhere. I've even configured all of the like things down the bottom. You can't even add it as an option. I can't find anything. Producer Hannah, you're looking a bit confused over there. You I I've been checked, and you've not ruined my life.
Speaker 3: In fact, you've saved my life again because mine didn't update to iOS eighteen. It was seventeen points something or other. So my photo app still looks the same.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so jealous.
Speaker 3: So it's updated enough that I can't use my lines, but my photo app's fine, So I just seem to do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't automatically update.
Speaker 2: Look at this, So there's your photos as normal, and then these are your albums. Favorites aren't there, I've had those albums. Then you've got utilities hidden recently deleted Dupiclet's receipts, and then you I've actually customized it. So originally all of these recent days, people and pets, pin collections, memories, trips, featured photos, media type, shared albums, and wallpaper suggestions were all there in the photo section.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't have that thing along the bottom where it says library album search.
Speaker 1: Is that not there anymore?
Speaker 2: No? Now it says all months years.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: And then if you search up the top you can type in favorites, but your favorite album doesn't come up. Just a couple of favorites here, but not all of them.
Speaker 1: That joke don't fix it? Why are they doing this?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm sorry to bore all the fucking Android users right now, but this is this is a big problem for us.
Speaker 2: It's a huge problem. It affixed my work and my income, so I'm not happy about it, if I'm honest. So, yeah, you've definitely just in your rant, and I'm I'm I'm definitely on board with that.
Speaker 1: So you can join me in saying, fuck Apple, what did you say at the start? Go outside and play hide and go fuck you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guards side and play garden hide fucking go ship your pants on the deck and whatever you said that. Oh well, Mitchell, our time has come to an end, which is sad ready. Yeah, and I've got to say, because Britney's not here, another episode done and.
Speaker 3: Dusted, why can you only say that which is not here? Well, she usually says it all right, So would you like to say it another episode done and dust it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just getting started.
Speaker 2: If you want to come and see Mitchell and I live in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne this Christmas. Let me get the dates for you, because actually haven't read those out each week ago.
Speaker 1: Isn't it bad?
Speaker 3: I've really done because people ask me when is it? Yeah, I'll be like, I know I should not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't even know. So Sydney you are Friday the thirteenth of December at the Factory Theater in Marrickville, Melbourne. You are Sunday the fifteenth of December at six pm. We've done a nice early Sunday afternoon shot. It's almost a matinee. That's at the Comics Lounge in North Melbourne. And then Brisbane you're Friday the twentieth of December at the Old Museum in Brisbane, eight pm. That one come out. So yes, we'll have a link in the show notes. If you could wrap the show up in a little bar and give us like a one sentence what's the show about or why we've decided to call it? Can't be bothered, give us little spiel.
Speaker 3: Because we're at that point of the year where everyone's expected to be jolly. But no, it's actually not mandatory to adore Christmas and think it's a great time of year.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: I can't be bothered with everything that comes with it, And so that's what we're channeling it into. And so what is it where we're bonding over festive fatigue.
Speaker 1: We gotta be bothered with all the shit that comes with it, the bloody relatives that you secretly can't stand having to buy presents. I can't be bothered with any of it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, so if you're around, Yes, tickets are selling so well. It's almost sold out actually, which is very exciting. So don't wait. But for now, scrollers, thank you for listening. Don't forget rates five stars, leave a review all the rest of it. Mitchell's going to stick around and be with us for Close Friends, which is coming this Friday. And I have wait till you wait till I tell you all about what I'm currently dealing with. We'll tell you about that in Close Friends. But anyway, d'arl, I better let you go. I've got to go set my new video live at six pm Gospeed time