Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Welcome to the program. Coming up on the US Report tonight, who's really running the country? We chat the former White House Chief of Staff Mick mulvaney. Plus Joe Biden holds his big boy press conference?
Speaker 1: How did he do?
Speaker 2: And Donald Trump set to announce his VP pick as soon as next week.
Speaker 1: But the big.
Speaker 2: Question is who's it gonna be. We'll find out. But first, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the leader of the Free World, speaking earlier at the NATO submit Washington, welcoming the leader of Ukraine.
Speaker 3: And now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination. Ladies and gentlemen, President.
Speaker 2: Putin, President Putin. Honestly, you couldn't even get that right. Look, we'll get into everything else that's happened with the Big boy press conference. But yet again, even in the most scripted environment, with the most simple task, Joe Biden cannot help but fall on his face, which he did a little bit later on when he called his vice president, Vice President Trump.
Speaker 3: Look, I wouldn't have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president. I think she's not qualified to be president. So let's start there.
Speaker 2: Honestly, where do you go from there? But you know what, I'll tell you something. It's more serious. This whole thing with Joe Biden is a lot more serious than just the occasional words salad or even the fact that the president likely has some sort of degenerative condition, a fact revealed to the world when all the lives of the White House and much of the press corps fell apart during Biden's horrendous debate performance last month. No, this is much bigger because several months ago on this program, I said that the United States was rapidly becoming a banana republic.
Speaker 1: And at the time I said it was.
Speaker 2: Because essentially the government was trying to put the leader of the opposition in jail. Now, this was the course of reference to the largely jumped up trials set up for Donald Trump with the behind the scenes connivance of the Biden Whitehouse. But now that all seems like a much simpler time, because the recriminations from Joe Biden's debate performance are continuing to reverberate. And yes, these recriminations are revealing the extent of a massive scandal, a massive conspiracy by the American ruling class to both hide the president's condition and, now that it has been revealed, depose him. But more importantly, this is also revealing just how utterly wondderless the United States has been for the past few years under Joe Biden. Is it any wonder that the world is in such a mess right now? In the meantime, consider this very deep in this CNN report which just went live, it's just gone up on their website, is this little detail quote, the last full cabinet meeting took place on October two, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Did you get that? The last full.
Speaker 2: Meeting of President Joe Biden's cabinet was nine months ago? And it's not like, you know, there's anything going on in the world, what with an inflation crisis and Iran crisis, an Israel Palestinian crisis, an ongoing war in the Ukraine that seems destined for catastrophic escalation, North Korea ready to go nuts at any time, and a China that is biding its time. Nah, no reason to get the cabinet together there, folks. Then there was this ahead of closed door cabinet meetings. CN intervealed that Biden attends. It is customary for cabinet officials to submit questions in key talking points that they plan to present in front of Biden ahead of time to White House aids, according to two sources with direct knowledge. Now this report went on to note that under previous presidents like Obama, there was nowhere near this level of stage management or orchestration for a cabinet meeting. The entire display is kind of an act.
Speaker 1: One source to CNN.
Speaker 2: The source went on to say, they would come and say, hey, the President is going to call on you about twenty five minutes in, and you ask this question, what are the bullet points? You'll respond with sorry, but this is both unacceptable and unbelievable. This is not how a nation that is supposed to be the leader of the free world, the last defensive democracy, the begon of freedom, the seat of the most competent, wordly and transparent government history, as ordained by the founding fathers.
Speaker 1: No, this is the.
Speaker 2: Way things are in a third world banana republic, which is what the United States, especially if you've visit some of its big cities, is looking like these days, especially the way the media seems to be just playing along and not asking vital questions like how did we allow ourselves to be duped and what do we do to restore the trust of a public that believes we in the media have been lying to them for years now. Instead, and up until very recently, the US media went along with the act, or most of it did, Like when this reporter lobbed a softball question at White House spokesman kree Jean Pierre about so called cheap fake videos of Biden wandering off at the G seven.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering the White Houses especially worried about the fact that this appears to.
Speaker 5: Be a pattern number thing more on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think you all have called this the cheap fakes video, and that's exactly what they are. They are cheap fakes video. They are done in bad faith. In some of your news organization have been very clear, have stressed that these right wing, the white wing critics of the president have a credibility problem because of the fact checkers have repeatedly caught them pushing misinformation, disinformation.
Speaker 1: It's all cheap fanks.
Speaker 2: Again, so much of the press in the United States and here in Australia, outfits like the ABC and The Sydney Morning Hair and the Age which followed their lead have shown themselves not to be speaking truth to power, but rather defending power so long as it's Democrat power, because again they think we can't have the ordinary people know the truth and maybe considered voting for Trump.
Speaker 1: Look. Remember, if you had not been watching.
Speaker 2: The US Report and Sky News and our counterparts in the United States, but instead consumed only the Washington Post at MSNBC, the New York Times and CNN, you would not have known there was anything wrong with the president until that debate a few weeks ago left everyone with no doubt. This media protection racket for an adult president is really again third world banana republic stuff. Here's another example. The other day, just after that debate we talked about, and right before the July four weekend, Joe Biden did an interview with a Milwaukee radio station. It was pre recorded, and after the call, the radio station got a request from the White House to edit it. Among other things, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, they cut Biden saying, quote, in addition to that, I have more blacks in my administration than any other president, all other presidents combined, and in major positions, cabinet positions. Well, of course that's a lie, But the question also is raised, how many times does this happen? The White House picks some swordes non't are that, we don't know, but it just makes the media as complicit in the Biden cover up as the White House, which has led America and the world to an entirely dangerous place. Well, on this historic day, let's bring in former White House Chief of Staff Mick mulvady. Mick, the big story is the Big Boy press conference taking place just hours after and it was delayed two or three times after that remarkable gaff in which he confused Vladimir Zelenski with Vladimir Putin. Mick mulvaney, you've been behind the scenes in the Trump White House. What do you imagine the mood was like among the White House staff as they prepared him for that press conference after that incredible gaff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, James, I gotta think if they're rational, they're depressed because he's not doing well. But my guess is they're not being rational that a rational staff would have tried to convince him to sort of gracefully buy out of the race.
Speaker 5: Already. So my guess is, if it's.
Speaker 7: An educated guess is they're back celebrating, thinking this is great, this is viye, this is so much better, and.
Speaker 5: He put everything to rest. He's going to be the next president I state.
Speaker 7: So there's a real cognitive disconnection between what the rest of the world is seeing and what the White House staff is saying.
Speaker 2: But I mean, speaking of cognitive disconnects, right off the bat, the first thing he does is refers to his vice president as vice President Trump.
Speaker 3: Have a look, Look, I wouldn't have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president. I think she's not qualified to be president. So let's start there.
Speaker 2: I mean, this must have been just an absolutely heart seeking moment for everybody in the Biden camp, and yet he presses on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was actually watching that in a new studio with a large group of people. There was just a collective groan for the Republicans, Democrats, centrist alike that this is It's been hard to watch. This is the president of the United States. There's a there's a collective feeling of sympathy and dread at the same time. So, yeah, that that's probably the worst gaff of the night. The face of James. It's not the last GAF we're going to hear from from from Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: No, And I mean that sort of combination of sympathy and dread brings up the whole question of does the president have some deeper underlying medical condition? And in the last week or so, there's been a lot of crystallization around this idea that quite possibly he's suffering from Parkinson's, which of course would be a huge tragedy for him and the Biden family. But the White House has been caught up covering up the fact that a renowned Parkston specialist has visited the presidential residence on multiple occasions. And again, the press seems very compliant in these cover ups. When you know, when Donald Trump's bild the glass of what do they tried to foist the twenty fifth Amendment on him? How do you rate the role of the press in suddenly turning on the Biden administration? A lot of them would have suspected this all along.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I had dinner this week with some prominent Democrats, the clinics, some members of the press, and they were just beside themselves as to how shocked they were to see Biden do as badly as he did, And I kept asking them, how are you possibly shocked? Have you only been reading your own materials? Every conservative in the country has been trying to raise this issue for more than two years. You and I have talked about the time that Joe Biden called on a dead person at a press conference. That was from November of twenty twenty two. So, yeah, you don't know if it's on purpose, you don't know if they just can't help themselves. But really, this whole episode has exposed a fisher in the American culture when it comes to how to deal with the truth, because there's a lot of the Democrats who've apparently been willing to sort of.
Speaker 5: Sweep the truth under the rug for a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean so then the question is, Nick, where does this go from here? Obviously the President has done just enough, I would say, in this press conference today, the Big Boy press conference as they called it, to stay in the race, but he hardly hit it out of the park. What's going to happen at this Democrat convention which is coming up, because I'm hearing more reports of Commress people urging Biden stepside. Money taps being turned off and even delegates now being called to have their support checked by the Biden White House or people in the Biden camp. Is there any chance that there might be a shift or a movement at that convention.
Speaker 7: James, The best guess I've got on that again talking to people as this press conference has gone on, is this is that this wasn't bad enough to get him kicked out of the race. It's also not good enough to put all the concerns about him to bed, which means that.
Speaker 5: The slow bleed that you've seen over the.
Speaker 7: Course for the last twelve days since the debate is going to continue. You ask about the Democrat convention, it's a fascinating question, but keep in mind the Republican Convention is intervening, will begin on I think Monday in this country, and it's gonna be fascinating to see how Donald Trump handles it. Specifically, as to his selection of a vice presidential candidate, he almost has to guess as to whether or not Biden will remain at the top of the ticket, or whether or not the top of the ticket will be Paul Harris or somebody else as he makes his vice presidential pick. Because face it to be honest, you got to think that his pick for vice president would be different with a Biden Harris team or a Hairs somebody other team, or somebody else somebody else team. So it's a very difficult thing to do as a Republican to try and anticipate who you're running against. When there's no definitive answer in coming out of this press conference, the slow bleed will continue.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Joe Biden will be able to.
Speaker 7: Proceed as the Democrat nominee, but if he wants to, he will.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing that I find really interesting is that there's an awful lot of people who've studied and watched Joe Biden for years and years, decades, even because he's been around basically forever, who say that stubbornness is the thing that defines his presidency, his entire political life, and if he likes being president, he doesn't care what people think. Is this the ego now getting in the way of well, you know, potentially even the security of the free world.
Speaker 7: Well, a lot of that turns on whether or not that stubbornness is an inherited trait. Because we're hearing and I'm not making this up that Hunter Biden has assumed a significant leadership role within the White House right now. So the team is advising him, seems to be his family. So is his wife Jill as stubborn as he is. Is Hunter inhered to that stubbornness. If that's the case, those are probably the only people that can talk him out of running for president right now. Nancy Pelosi can't do it, Chuck Schumer can't do it. Barack Obama can't do it. Apparently George Clooney can't even do it. He's listening to his family, curious to see if that stubbornness goes beyond just him.
Speaker 2: But this is like this crazy, almost sort of downfall situation here. You know, it's the President, it's Jill, it's Hunter, all kind of bunkered down in the Oval Office. And then we've got this situation where even if the entire Democrat money machine turns off and everybody says, no, we've got to have Kamala Harris, God help us or somebody else, well, there's there's really still nothing they can do to budget him.
Speaker 1: It's just simply not possible.
Speaker 7: That's right again, when I was having dinner with the Democrats, this week with those things they made clear and they wanted everybody to understand is this is up to Joe Biden. He has the delegates necessary to become the Democrat nominee for president, period, end of story. That's not going to change unless he wants it to change. If he wants to be on that ballot in November, and he's alive, he is going to be on that ballot. So this is all at his court. It's nobody can take it away from there. I guess there's one exception. Vice President Kamala Harris could make a motion under the twenty fifth Amendment to have him declared incompetent right now for office, but I would never imagine that happening. Short of that, the ball isn't Joe Biden's court.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, you know we've talked a lot about the Bidens, but let's talk about the Trump family now for a second, because we had kind of a new hero emerged amongst the Republican Party this week. Have a look at this here.
Speaker 1: Young man.
Speaker 2: He's now going to college, gun into every.
Speaker 8: College he wanted to, and he made his choice and he's a very good guy.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: They had a standing ovation for Trump's youngest son, Baron Trump.
Speaker 1: This was his first.
Speaker 2: Time at a campaign rally, and I saw people like Morgan Freeman on Twitter absolutely losing their mind that there could be a Trump dynasty here. Does this reveal some of the anger on Twitter and elsewhere, just how unhinged and deranged some of the people who are anti Trump out there are.
Speaker 7: Sure they're beating up on an eighteen year old kid for going to his dad's political rally. Seriously, come on, Arrangement syndrome is not limited to Donald J. Trump, There's no question about that. It goes across the entire family. So it's hard to see. Look, he's a good kid, you know. I didn't spend a lot of time with him because he was very young when I was in the White House with him.
Speaker 5: But the President thinks very very highly of him, as he should.
Speaker 7: Good looking kid. By the way, you couldn't see it, and you didn't get a perspective. I think he's like six six or six seven. Yeah, he's well over tall in the strange way that you guys measure down there.
Speaker 5: But he's an eighteen year old kid going to his dad's political relly.
Speaker 7: What's wrong with that. So look, Morgan, let Morgan Freeman be an old man yelling at clouds.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's He's not the oldest one in the country doing that.
Speaker 1: How the mighty have fallen?
Speaker 2: Hey, before you go, Mick, I want to show you this clip of Donald Trump with Brian killed me and how a look at this on.
Speaker 1: Your vice president candidate.
Speaker 7: Word is that you will pick jd Events because of his facial hair?
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that true? Facial young Abraham Lincoln right.
Speaker 5: He's a handsome man.
Speaker 9: Doug Doug burgham on abortion in North Dakota.
Speaker 1: He signed something legislation handed him. Does that hurt him? It's an issue? And lastly, Mark Ruby an issue.
Speaker 7: Where Mark Rubio and being from Florida, would that stop you from picking him?
Speaker 9: No, but it does make it more complicated.
Speaker 1: You know you will do that, and it makes it more complicated. There are people that don't have that complication.
Speaker 2: So just come back to that question of the VP pick. There was a few names thrown out there. You got the reactions. We've spoken about some of your thoughts in the past. Who are you sticking with here? Who do you reckon?
Speaker 1: It's going to be what I'm hearing, I'll get you.
Speaker 5: Two answers that question. What I'm hearing is the JD.
Speaker 7: Vances is moved to the top of the list, and I think that makes some sense. There was a lot of discussion about his facial hair, but as soon as Donald Trump says you look like a young Abraham Lincoln, that means you look like you're from Central Casting, and he loves people who look the part. So JD certainly could be on the short part of the list. I don't think Doug Burr is going to make the final cut. The two names that I will give out, one you've heard from me before and one we haven't talked about in a while. I still think Ben Carson is in consideration, the former Secretary of Housing Interman Development in the.
Speaker 5: First Trump administration.
Speaker 7: And a name we haven't talked about in a while, Christy No, governor of South Dakota.
Speaker 5: Why is that.
Speaker 7: I think if the Trump team believes that Kamala Harris is going to be the top of the Democrat ticket, they believe they're going to need a woman as a vice president, and I think Christy Nome goes back on the list, a list she was on, by the way, for a long time until she had that blow up about shooting her dog. But I think she might have rehabilitated herself to the point where she could be back on the list.
Speaker 5: Well, no, in the next seventy two hours or so.
Speaker 2: Well, the US Report is a great lover of dogs, so I think we are not on the Christy nome bendwagon. But Mick mulvady, thank you so much for your time for joining us here on the US Report. Let's turn now to the crisis in American cities right now at New York City in particular, which is back in the headlines as the state overrun by migrants who have arrived as a result of Joe Biden's open border policies. For the latest on this and also what's going on with their trash situation, I'm joined by New York City Councilor Joe Brelly. Joe, thank you so much for coming on the US Report. A lot going on around America and around the world, but I want to talk to you about a specific story with the New York Post, which is exposed that the poorest neighborhoods in the Five Boroughs of New York are now being flooded by migrants who have been brought over and welcomed in by the Biden administration. It's causing huge quality of life issues. Tell us what this means for New Yorkers.
Speaker 8: Well, it means they're subjugated to roving packs of migrants on mopeds committing countless crimes day in and day out. These are people who came in drips and grabs in the beginning, but now there are over sixty five thousand in our care and our city. And yes, I mean a lot of these camps and hotels are located in some of the poorer communities. It's in these poorer communities where there were vacant hotel rooms, vacant buildings that can be converted into shelter, etc. So it's not surprising that there's a concentration there. The surprise, though, is that some of the politicians who represent these communities have been some of the most vocal, woke leftists who have been demanding we remain a sanctuary city and demanding we give more, not less, to these migrants. And now they're sort of backtracking as their own constituents have to deal with the backlash and the problems associated with just massive homeless shelters on every corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a question that I have then, is as people in these areas which are economically disadvantaged, the very aspirational people are working hard, trying to make a better life for themselves and their families. Yet what is their political reaction to their leaders, their elected officials, who then come and foist all these people in their neighborhood, who then don't have to pay rent, who get free food and get free benefits and so on, when all of the locals are struggling and working hard to provide for their families.
Speaker 8: They're very frustrated, I mean, and they're very frustrated at the sort of far left of the Democratic Party. By the way, so many of these people in these communities are migrants, immigrants really themselves, who have come here at times past legally the proper channels, or they're awaiting their citizenship and they have a US green card, and they're doing things the right way. So they are under a tremendous amount of pressure in competition for resources in these communities, and I think we're seeing them start to turn on some of the far left politicians that represent these communities. We actually almost won our state governorship last time, with Lee Zelden losing by only six points, which in New York state history that has not happened at any time in the recent past.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we covered that very extensively on the US Report, and Kathy Hochel she had quite a scare there, because you know, New York should be running as a Democrat state. But as the tide turns on this support and on the issue of migrants as well as just the general economy, I'm hearing that senior Democrats are fearing that the traditionally blue New York might turn red. There's been a top New York Democrat who says that he believes New York is actually a battleground state. Do you agree with that assessment?
Speaker 8: I do, and maybe not for the statewide US Senate seat, that's kind of an uphill battle against an incumbent, But there are a number of House of Representative seats on Long Island and in the Hudson Valley which have become the real battleground for Congress. The internal polling has those incumbent Democrats even losing substantially to the Republican counterparts. And all this is sort of as a result not just of Kathy Hochel, not just of the Democratic failures in New York, but it's also of the burden of Joe Biden, this anchor of a president who is just weighing down so many people in swing districts around the state.
Speaker 2: And with that Biden effect, then you know that once you get sort of north of you know, Dutchess County, Columbia County, New York State turns quite Republican. Is there enough votes in it for Donald Trump in some of these marginal areas of New York City and possibly Long Island in the suburbs that could then bring I think it's what twenty eight electoral votes over in the Republican camp.
Speaker 8: It's possible, and that's the strategy. The strategy for New York has always been for Republicans to win the upstate portions significantly, getting sixty to seventy percent, to lose the city, which unfortunately we most likely will. But it's these really these competitive suburban counties where the Republican Party has been focused on and even where the Democratic Party has been forced to be focused on. They just lost an incumbent member, Jamal Bowman, who was a radical far less member, and they elected a moderate Democrat, a guy I served with the state legislature. You know, you might be a Democrat, but he's a decent human being. So we are seeing these pushbacks against Democrats in these very, very very critical districts. If Akim Jeffries wants to be the Speaker of the House and not the minority leader, he has to really do a good job winning.
Speaker 5: Some seats in his home state.
Speaker 8: I don't think that happens with Kathy Hochel and the migrants and all the prices here, and I don't think this happens any chance with Joe Biden on top of the ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a great reminder that, you know, there's so much at stake downplay control of the Senate, control of the House, and all of these other offices. But before I let you go, I also have to talk to you about this as a fellow New Yorker. And despite all this chaos, Mayor Eric Adams he's now found the time to reveal that there's a new bin regime in New York. Here he is a couple of days ago. Now what's amazing about this is apparently the city spent something like four million US dollars with McKinsey to figure out how to have trash bins.
Speaker 1: Tell us about this.
Speaker 8: Well, look, you know, this is not really a totally bad development. You know, we have to pay consultants to you know, figure some stuff out because our sanitation department is larger than the Army of the Republic of Ireland. So it is a pretty big system that we have to manage. And frankly, we do have a trash problem and a rat problem. And the reason we have these problems is because a lot of New Yorkers simply can't figure out how to put their trash in a proper bin.
Speaker 5: So I'm not really opposed.
Speaker 8: I'm opposed to the cost of this. Unfortunately, this is a burden homeowners with a forty five dollars pail that they have to buy three of. If it was free, like many municipalities around the country, and you pay for the service as part of your property taxes, I wouldn't have any problem with it whatsoever. I just don't want the extra cost. But we do have a rat problem and this will hopefully solve that fair enough.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I think four million dollars for Mackenzie they could have asked Oscar the Grouch and gotten that advice for free. Thank you so much, Joe Brelly. Now after the break, are we watching us low motion coup? Newsweek's Batia Angar Sargan joins me to talk about the elite push to dump Biden and how no matter what happens, American democracy is screwed. But before that, it's pretty well established that Jill Biden, oh sorry, doctor Jill Biden, yes, that's right, absolutely loves being First Lady. But I want to show you something that really reveals just how much she loves the office. Now you know how presidents always have the band strike up Hail to the Chief. Well, a couple of years ago, Jill Biden got the US Marine Band to compose her own theme music. I present to you the utterly cringe composition, Fanfare for the First Lady. And it goes on and on and on, and they only stop using that music when Washington journalists Team Beckett Adams started asking questions and embarrassed the White House into shelving that little ditty. So if you think Lady Macbeth of the pot Tobac is giving up power easily, well again think again Newsweek's batcha a. Gar Saragan joins me after the break, don't go anywhere, Welcome back to the program. In a moment, I'll be joined by a very special guest who thinks we should all be concerned that American elites are trying to boot Joe Biden after foisting him on the world for four years.
Speaker 1: But first, it looks like.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden has lost a key Democrat constituency. No, I'm not talking about the Congressional Black Caucus or the CNN newsroom.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Hollywood, where the stars are no longer aligned for Joe Biden, but instead increasingly seem to want him out of the race. One of the huge stories over the past twenty four hours has been George Clooney's op ed in The New York Times, in which he writes that he loves Joe Biden, though possibly not enough to shower with him, but despite this, the President should step aside. Why well, because he has finally admitted what the rest of us have known for a while. Joe Biden's mind and body are failing and he's not up to the job. Of course, he only admitted this because of what happened at that debate, when again, there was no place for this to hide, writes Clooney, quote, our party leaders need to stop telling us that fifty one million people didn't see what we just saw. As Democrats, we collectively hold our breath or turn down the volume whenever we see the president whom we respect, walk on fair force one or walk back to a mic to answer an unscripted question.
Speaker 1: And then Cloudy wrote.
Speaker 2: This, It's devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at a fundraiser was not the Joe big effing deal Biden of twenty ten. He wasn't even the Joe Biden of twenty twenty. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate. Well, really, George, thanks for telling us. Let's go have a look at that fundraiser, shall we. This is vision of what happened there. Remember when Joe Biden froze on stage and Barack Obama had to lead him off. Remember that we played that clip on this program. But remember what happened when people asked White House flat Karine Jean Pierre about it.
Speaker 6: President Obama President Biden have a relationship. They are friends. They're like family to each other. And I think that's what you saw. So the President put his hand behind on the back of a President Biden, and they walked off the stage after taking questions or at an event, taking questions from Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 1: That is what you saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything was fine. She wanted us to believe it was fine. Clooney wanted us to believe it was fine. Everyone knew, but like some sort of dysfunctional family, nobody wanted to say anything until the debate and Joe Biden's performance made it impossible to say otherwise. So forgive me, But George Clooney is not brave for coming out and saying Biden should quit. He's a coward for hiding what he knew until it was popular to say it. All right, I'm thrilled to bring in Newsweek Magazine opinion editor Botia Ongar Sargeant. Botya, thanks so much for coming on the US report. First of all, I gotta ask you, what did you make of the Big Boy press conference?
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for having me, James, It's always to be here with you. Honestly, I think he did pretty good. This is an old man, but he did not seem infirm, And honestly, I was really happy to see that, because I am so disgusted with the elites in the Democratic Party and in Hollywood and in the media effectively trying to do a coup against a duly elected president. And it's not just that it is totally anti democratic, and this of course from the defenders of democracy. It's that these are the president's oldest friends and allies who turned on a dime when they realized that they could no longer hide what they had been hiding from the American people. Just as you pointed out, George Colooney raised thirty million dollars for President Biden when he had exclusive access to him and we did not. And when he thought that he could still hide President Biden's stay from the American people, he was happy to keep raising money and pushing him through to the finish line. It was only when he realized that he can't beat President Trump that suddenly all the elites are turning on him. They have no problem with a failing person being the president. They only have a problem with him failing to win against Donald Trump. And I'll just make one more brief point here, please, there's been reporting that Clooney consulted with President Obama before running his op ed, and so in addition to the malice against President Biden, you have this absolute cowardice where President Obama can't say what he thinks, so he's hiding behind George Clooney, where Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can't say what they think, so they're hiding behind vulnerable representatives from swing states, the Perfidy, the lying, the the Menia, which had access to President Biden and knew this and kept it from the American people, and now turning on a dime in lockstep to push him out because the American people found out on their own what the truth is. This is some of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: James, Well, this is a really fascinating thing because on one level, it feels like, you know, the American elite or a giant dysfunctional family where everybody agrees not to talk about Uncle Joe's medical problems with the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to drive a car or have nuclear codes anymore. On the other hand, though, this really does seem like a sinister kind of political thing because it's like the elites say, we are going to decide who the president is, and as long as it's not Trump, we will shuffle the cards and shuffle around on the table just so that we have somebody there who is not the guy who's going to call time on our whole grift.
Speaker 9: That is absolutely correct. The same side that casts self as the defenders of democracy are now trying to get you to believe that in order to defend democracy they have to actually enact a coup against a duly elected president. It is that insane. The same media that for years has hidden Joe Biden's situation from the American people, for years demanded people get fired for asking questions about it, those same people now want you to believe that they're just doing their jobs asking the tough questions about which doctors the president has seen, and what's going on in his cabinet and all of this stuff that, yes, is terrible and terrifying. And yet why were they not reporting on this for the last year when it was still the case. And it's because for the last year they thought they could hide it from the American people and send out a person who they believe is cognitively impaired to beat Donald Trump, and that is where you see the whole edifice start to break down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're still trying to scare people about Trump too, with this whole question about Project twenty twenty five, which is this Heritage Foundation thing not a Trump policy platform. Very quickly, Batchia, it seems like they're trying to distract from the Trump platform, which has an awful lot of things which would be popular about ending inflation, stopping wars, rebuilding cities, shutting down Hamas radicals, and closing the borders. They don't want people talking about this because Trump can win on it.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right. They're trying to pin Project twenty twenty five on Trump. But Trump's platform, which came out last week, the RNC twenty twenty four GOP platform, which has Trump's fingerprints all over it, departs not just from the very conservative Project twenty twenty five, but from forty years of GOP platforms in that there's nothing about being pro life because Trump be leieves abortion should be legal for fifteen weeks. There's nothing opposing gay marriage in it, and he insists on protecting Social Security and medicare. These are all things that are very much a departure from Project twenty twenty five and the history of platforms. But the rest of the platform is very popular as well, as you say.
Speaker 2: Well, indeed, Batcha and I've always said, you know, whoever thinks the New York property developer who's been married a million times is going to be some sort of social conservative really needs their head examine. Thank you so much, Batschia on Gar Sargan. Now, after the break, we're going to have a discussion about immigration, borders and all sorts of stuff. But first, absolutely wild scenes in the White House press briefing room this week. Check out what happened when Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocey brought the hammer down on Koreine Jean Pierre and asked the all important question, what happens if something goes wrong?
Speaker 1: After Joe Biden goes to bed.
Speaker 5: The President says that his health is fine, but it's just his brain and that he's sharpest before.
Speaker 6: He's joking, by the way, I just want to make sure that that's out there, and he was making a light hearted joke as he was speaking off he's speaking off the cuff and was making a joke. You know, the President.
Speaker 1: He likes to joke a lot.
Speaker 6: He's the same guy who says, I know I look forty right, So he likes to make jokes.
Speaker 1: It is a joke here.
Speaker 6: I think people laugh when he says it.
Speaker 8: Well, he also said he's sharpest before eight pm.
Speaker 2: I think kjp's head was about to go full mushroom cloud there migration madness in a tick, don't go away. Welcome back to the program on this absolutely crazy day in Washington, I am thrilled to bring in a new face on the program this evening. Please welcome Nate Hawkman. He's a senior advisor at America twenty one hundred, which is a group that states, in its own words that America deserves a future as great as it's passed. And you know what, I find that pretty hard to disagree with.
Speaker 1: Nate.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining me on the US Report. Welcome to the program. I wanted to first of all talk to you about a piece you've written in the American Spectator magazine that makes a very interesting point, suggesting essentially that Joe Biden for all of the flaws that we see and the mental difficulties and the word salads and everything else, he's actually a perfect representative of the ruling class. And in this piece you write and forgive me for coding a length that Biden may not resemble the younger, more diverse, and more cunning members of his shadow cabinet that have been running his presidency for the past three and a half years.
Speaker 1: But in a more.
Speaker 2: Fundamental sense, he is the personification of the broader social forces they represent. Enervated, humiliated, and alone, the bureaucratic state slouches towards November, no longer sure of who they are or what they stand for. They tell us about what you meant by all of this.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, first of all, thanks so much for having me. The point of that column was to say, you know, obviously Biden's problems are self evident, but in many ways his problems are a personification of everything that's wrong with the broader sort of American elite, both in and outside of government. He's running on a story that he tells about himself in the country that nobody believes anymore, using slogans that have been drained of all meaning, and appealing to institutions that have lost all legitimacy. And he has thus far used that as a crutch to try to hold up his presidency. But what you've seen over the last couple of months in particular, is that it's really all falling apart, and I think his team is starting to realize that.
Speaker 2: Well, and who is this managerial class, this elite class. Tell us about exactly who these people are, because Donald Trump talks about the swamp and people talk about the elite, but really explain to our viewers who these sorts of folks are, what offices they hold, it, how they kind of managed to pull the springs behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Well, look, every society has an elite, every society has a ruling class, and there's nothing wrong with that, per se. But the character of a country depends to an extent on the character of its elite, of the people who run the country, and America for the last sixty plus years has been run by bureaucrats, effectively, both in the federal bureaucracy in Washington, d c. But also their counterparts in you know, big media, big business, big culture, etc. You can go down the line, and these are people who are very much part of the same social strutu they're educated in the same elite institutions they believe the same things. They're often quite literally located in the same geographic enclaves in a couple urban centers, and they are a class of people in a coherent sense, and they are the people who really bear the responsibility for the disastrous decisions that America and more broadly Western civilization has been led down over the last few decades. In particular.
Speaker 2: Well, Nan, I mean, this is something that we see completely with this situation where the media covered for the Biden White House and all of their lines that you know, he's fine and all of the things that we show on this program about how he's not fine is just cheap fakes, and they do it without any sort of coordinating kind of effort. You would suggest that, I guess it's more of a hive mind mentality, where a similar set of outlooks leads to a similar set of outcomes.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's the perfect way to put it. Obviously, you do have things that you could call conspiracies. You do have sort of coordinated attempts to do certain things like cover up the Hunter Biden laptop, to use a recent example. But more broadly, this is a kind of self running machine where you don't need a degree of centralized coordination because everyone has the same worldview and the same objectives and the same goals and perhaps most importantly, the same enemies and the same thing that they are working against, and therefore it works as a well oiled machine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's basically like, oh, well, you know, we all agree that Trump is evil. Trump is the devil. So whatever we do to stop him, even it means lying and covering up for this huge scandalous health problem in the White House, that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, exactly, and even more fundamentally, what Trump represents is everything in terms of the values and the identities that this class of people is against. He represents the precise old America that these people define themselves in opposition too. They are the quote unquote New America, and Trump is the old white, chauvinistic Christian America that they've spent the last sixty years basically trying to destroy. And as a result, Trump is the existential threat to these people's power and to their conception of themselves. And that's why, again, you don't need a level of coordination, because they're all going to work against him in tandem regardless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that's a really interesting point you make about sort of who these new class people are and everything else in that hive mind. But also one of the things that I've heard you talk about too is I thought this was hilarious the backlash against the idea that Kamala Harris was a diversity pick. Now, Joe Biden and his White House were pretty explicit when they picked her that this was to balance out the ticket from a diversity point of view. But now suddenly everybody's gotten mad at the New York Post for suggesting that, yeah, in fact, she was a DEI higher But come on, right.
Speaker 4: No, I mean conservatives in America. Maybe there's a corollary phrase that you guys use over there. We call this the celebration parallact, which is summed up by the phrase that's not happening and it's good that it is. And that's the attitude you hear from you know, the media on a whole host of different issues, which is, effectively, we're allowed to celebrate something and point out that it's happening in a good way. But if anyone on the right points out that it's happening and says, but that's bad, you know then as a total conspiracy right, So you can celebrate Paula Harris at de Ipeck a victory for DEI, but you can't criticize it.
Speaker 2: I love this idea of the celebration parallax here, and I suspect there's an awful lot of that that also goes into the way that we discuss immigration in the United States. And you've noted that there's this really interesting phenomenon where migrants are, of course more likely to favor more migration. So in a sense, there's kind of this The real reason why I would suspect then you're suggesting is that they're so keen on open borders is to permanently change the kind of direction that the country goes. Now we get dismissed as being conspiracy theorists for that, but I think there's probably something to that.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Nate, No.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you pointed it out that out because that was originally the concept that the celebration parallax was used for. I mean, we hear talk about the quote unquote great replacement and how it's a right wing conspiracy theory. People on the left in America have been explicitly celebrating the fact that American demographics are changing drastically and that's going to make America more liberal per decade. You can look in the pages of the New York Times in the Washington Post. They're saying this is happening, and isn't it great. But if anyone on the right points out that it's happening and says, hey, maybe I might have some concerns about how this is going to affect my country, then it's a dangerous right wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it becomes alt right anyway. Nate Hawkman, thank you so much for joining us here on the US Report. We'll definitely have you back again. Thank you so much for your time on this historic day. Now, before we go to the break, let me make clear one more time that despite all the president's troubles, the Democrats and I talk about this as the Democrat Party, are still in this race. And I don't care what the polls say about Trump being up. It's a long way to go to November, and as we know, anything can happen. Just check this little clip out. It's an interview CNN did with somebody who I suspect is a fairly typical Democrat voter who thinks Joe Biden is not up to it, Kamala Harris is not qualified and is still gonna go vote for the Democrats no matter what.
Speaker 9: Did he look to you like someone who could serve for president for four and a half more years?
Speaker 5: I don't I think that.
Speaker 6: Let me put it this way, I'm voting for the party right now.
Speaker 7: Do you think Vice President Harris it's qualified to be president?
Speaker 2: No Trump stamp supporters Trump campaign, if you're watching, don't get cocky. Now Only in America after the break, welcome back to the program. Now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Well, today's Only in America takes us to this phenomenal interview with California Congresswoman Maxine Waters, who reveals that it is possible to change your entire hairstyle in thirty seconds while on live TV.
Speaker 10: They've seen President Biden, they've lived through his presidency. They've also seen former President Trump. They've lived through his presidency. They've heard these arguments about democracy, about the fate of the election, and yet Trump is not only winning, but winning increasingly by a larger margin. So what is the plan among Democrats to change that trajectory. It sounds like you're talking about saying and doing all the same things, But do you believe that something needs to change.
Speaker 1: I think we need to keep working.
Speaker 2: Wow, well she's working it all right. That's all the time we've got for this week. Gosh, I wish I had enough here to do that on air, wiz or really do it anywhere. Have great week, See you next time when we all come together on burden by what has been.
Speaker 1: Bye bye