Speaker 1: Well, Hazy tuned into Channel seven on the weekend and saw some beautiful work from this beautiful lady, Sonya Krueger on the champagne carpet at the Oscars.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Sonya, good morning. That's a tricky thing to say. You know, I've been seas to saying red carpet, red carpet, red carpet, as soon as you have to say champagne carpet. I just couldn't do it. I made so many of a stake.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you did a magnificent job. I saw it one stage. You were like interviewing Nicole Kidman. These are the biggest personalities on the planet. Do you get nervous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you do, yes, because you want to make sure that, first of all, you can get them to you. Because it's a bit of a fight on the red carpet because there are a lot of press, and the stars don't stop for everybody because if they did, they'd never get into the buildings. So but luckily, because of Keith Urban having been on The Boys, and I've met Nichole a few times, so to come over and have a lovely chat and it was really sweet because Nicole made special mention of her mom birthday that day. Yeah, yeah, and it was just really lovely and I could tell she was really missing her mom And yeah, so that was great. See the Cole and Keith and saz Loman and Catherine Martin, all the Aussies kind of banded together when you get to somewhere like the Academy Awards, you know, yes, it's sort of us against the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: So the Aussies were just lovely. It seemed like they did any great interviews. And then oh, Hugh Grants, Sony, Hugh Grant a bit of a novel. What are you most excited to see tonight?
Speaker 1: To see?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I know that you probably watched a few of the movies.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to see anybody?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 2: Do you have your hopes up for anyone?
Speaker 3: No one in particular? Okay, well, what are you wearing tonight?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Just my suit? Do you know what? I am a massive Hugh Grant fan, and I actually had the opportunity to interview him a few years ago for a film and I went in and I was just you know, being my normal self, backing a few jokes, and he was really short and unimpressed and it got to the point in the interview where I sort of stopped and I said, are you OK? And he was like, what do you mean? And I said, we just don't seem very happy, and then he completely changed. It was really weird. So I don't know if it's just his natural kind of grumpy state that he's in. And I guess he doesn't necessarily love having to talk to the press. He's not he's not really into the chit chat.
Speaker 3: I think we're all just sort of like infatuated with the idea that in real life he's like William Thacker in notting Hill, but not so No, no, yeah, no, well that's true.
Speaker 2: Although I wonder whether Hugh is just very guarded around the media, like in real life and with his friends when he hangs out he might be that really funny, charismatic, warm guy that we want him to be, and he just went He just gets his guard up whenever he's faced with a reporter or a camera. You know, he's had a bit of a history, hasn't he In his life. There's been a few things that have gone down for few hardon the pun, but there some interesting press a while back in a holliad quarter of hollywoodn't find as I remember correctly, something like that. So maybe that's why he's so guarded speaking to anyone in front of a camera and a microphone.
Speaker 1: Well, so now I have to say with absolute validation for me on the weekend, because every time I'm asked about the worst interview I've ever done a radio it was Hugh Grant. He was horrible. He was exactly good, exactly like he was on the Weekend.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't like to give you anything. And I think some there might be some people out there. It's a bit of sport too, you know, like how difficult can I make life for this reporter? Yes, but I'll tell you what. It tests your metal and it's great experience. So for anybody who's thinking about, you know, getting into the media, you do have to deal with all types of personalities, and that's just one of them.
Speaker 3: Really, this is nice, everyone just uniting as one through their poor experiences.
Speaker 2: With you, bonding over you.
Speaker 1: So, Sonny, before we let you go, I'm really curious what happens when all the stars go in? Then what do you do? Do you just go, oh, okay, that's me done. I go back to my hotel. Do you put together your stories? What do you do?
Speaker 2: Well, basically you don't finish there. Generally, I didn't have to go and do any of the after parties, but they go on all night and there's a lot. Then there's a Vanity There party, the Elder John Party, Beyonce and jay Z how To Party. I had to go and do a voiceover for a six o'clock news package because we did a whole fashion route for seven News and so yes, the job does for the continue on. So today we're doing you know, post Oscars Crosses, the Sunrise and the morning show this morning on seventh. So it's a bit of a festival, isn't it. The festival of the Academy Awards. It goes on for a week.
Speaker 1: God, I mean people get really excited by those parties with all the celebrities. I'd be like, oh, can I just go home by nine thirty I just want to go back to the hotel room.
Speaker 2: There was a party in room sixty one nine, me and a cheese burger last night I went off exactly.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for your times this morning, well done as well with all the coverages. Well from Channel seven. You guys, absolutelynatled so congratulations. We'll catch up again really soon.
Speaker 2: Pleasure guys, thanks for the chair.