Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: On Sky News, this is.
Speaker 3: Sharry Good Evening tonight, I'll lift the lid on deeply irresponsible claims from the AFP and alban Easy. I can reveal there is no tangible evidence at all pointing to foreign actors funding anti Semitic attacks in Australia.
Speaker 4: No tangible evidence.
Speaker 3: I'll expose these claims as at a speculative line of inquiry at best. That exclusive coming up also tonight, when will Albanisi call the election? I'll bring you inside information from a political analyst. In a moment and Milania's agenda in the White House revealed, Liz Burke would join me to speak about what the.
Speaker 4: New First Lady has planned.
Speaker 3: Also on the show tonight, an Israeli daughter whose father was murdered by a Palestinian terrorist. The killer now set free under the hostage deal. His daughter will join me to share her reaction. Okay, we're finally seeing some arrests in relation to the anti Semitic attacks. Here are the details of nine people arrested for their alleged involvement in recent violent incidents. Now this is important because we need a name and shame who these grubs are, and we need to know their motivation for committing these alleged attacks against Australian Jews. Will you remember the Wallara attacks in December where kill Israel and death to Israel was scrolled on buildings and a car was set on fire. A woman, Tammy Faruja, aged thirty four, has been charged in relation to the incident, and her boyfriend, Scott Marshall is facing unrelated charges to the Wallara incident and is presently on remind in jail.
Speaker 4: Well here they both are.
Speaker 3: Tammy's home in Liverpool in Sydney's West was raided by police on Monday morning. Leam Mendy's in The Australian reports that social media posts made on December tenth, and that's the day before the attack by that mother of five, will be relied on in court where she allegedly asked if anyone had Jerry Kn's she could use and you're looking at that social media post on the screen. The Australian also reports that according to a social media profile in her name, Feruja wrote that she'd been raided on Christmas Eve and her partner had been locked up and that our phones got seized. Now we won't know until police present their facts, their case in court. Why Faruja allegedly decided to engage in those activities. Her social media profiles don't contain any activism against Israel. Then there's the first Willara vandalism spree, when, as you remember, ten cars and buildings were vandalized and torched in November. Well, three men have been charged, Muhammed Farhat, he's aged twenty, Also Thomas Stoyanevsky nineteen, and a third twenty one year old man who hasn't yet been named. He'll being caught for the first time in early March. Now I've already reported that Muhammed Farihat allegedly has a Hezvila tattoo on his neck. He was arrested at Sydney Airport before a flight to leave the country.
Speaker 4: Now let's look at.
Speaker 3: The Newtown's synagogue arson attack, and there was an arrest made today. Adamule aged thirty three. He was arrested by police at his home in Camperdown. As you can see here, he has on his fingers if you look closely, a tattoo that says nineteen forty one. He's allegedly one of two masked, hooded men who were captured on CCTV sprang swastikas on the Newtown Synagogue eleven days ago before preparing to set it alight and luckily the fire burnt out. Then four men have now been charged in relation to the fires at Lewis Continental Kitchen in Bondai and the Curly Lewis Brewery in Bondi in October, Guy Finnegan thirty one, Craig Bantoft twenty seven, one Aaoumi twenty six and Wayne Ogden forty.
Speaker 4: Police alleged that two of.
Speaker 3: The men were asked by someone they had in their phones on the encrypted signal chat conversation app as James Bond, and they met him in person as well in Sydney, and police alleged that James Bond was asking two of those men to burn down the Kosher kitchen in Bondi, but instead, in a case of mistaken identity, they got the wrong place and touched a brewery instead. Now one of these men, Guy Finnegan, was only given a ten month sentence ten months. Premier Chris Minn said this just wasn't good enough and police will appeal it.
Speaker 5: We need to send a strong and unambiguous message that you will face the full force of the law and we expect and we hope that when police do the job of arresting these individuals and putting them before the courts, significant sentences are handed down.
Speaker 3: And he's right, of course, there needs to be strong sentences, not a light touch to these serious attacks. Now, this is really positive news that some of these grubs like Guy.
Speaker 4: Finnegan have been convicted.
Speaker 3: The police have come a long way from that disgraceful press conference where they nitpicked the precise anti Semitic phrase that was uttered at the Opera House and claimed there were no problems. As the Premier Chris Mens now acknowledges, these violent attacks begin with words.
Speaker 5: Anyone who preaches hate in our community, who sets about dividing Australian against Australian and undermining what it means to live in Australia in twenty twenty five, will be subject to the laws.
Speaker 3: Men's is throwing police resources at these attacks and they're making headway, but there are still many unsolved incidents. The childcare center fire bombing, it just took place yesterday, the Dover Heights attacks, the Southern Sydney Synagogue vandalism, the ADAS synagogue in Melbourne. The perpetrators behind all of these major incidents remain at large, and so do the attackers behind many of the vandalism on political offices. The police minister in New South Wales insists that there are good lines of inquiry into some of these.
Speaker 6: There is good progress on the attack on the synagogue in Aliwa, very strong leads for investigators in that one, as well as the daycare fire at Maruba yesterday. There are very good lines of inquiry.
Speaker 4: Well the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: He claimed today that some of the perpetrators were being paid, perhaps by overseas actors, the implication that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't his problem, not his fault.
Speaker 7: I'm reluctant to say anything that compromises those investigations, but it is important that people understand where some of these attacks are coming from. And it would appear, as the AFP Commissioner said yesterday, that some of these are being perpetrated by people who don't have a particular issued, aren't motivated by an ideology, but are paid actors. Now it's unclear who or or where the payments are coming from.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I've spoken to police and government sources today, Senior ones and I can tell you that in the majority of cases this is blatantly untrue that any foreign actors were involved. This claim is an unproven and damaging distraction. Whether there have been foreign payments made is just one line of inquiry, one line of inquiry being investigated by the AFP in relation to mostly Victorian cases that the AFP are involved in, and even that is speculative. I have confirmed there is no tangible evidence at all pointing to foreign actors being involved.
Speaker 4: So, just to.
Speaker 3: Reiterate that very important point, there is no tangible evidence pointing to foreign actors being involved in these anti Semitic attacks in Australia. Certainly isn't relevant to the childcare firebombing of yesterday, or the Dover Heights attack or any of the instances in Sydney when New South Wales police are investigating, and the idea that Russia or China or r Mus could have been behind this is being dismissed by serious players as ludicrous. Now tonight The Australian has published a story about a criminal being referred to as James bond I mentioned this a moment ago. Who was behind the arson attack in Bondi, well, look at the message sent from this James Bond on signal and tell me whether you think it sounds like someone overseas.
Speaker 4: Use the F word. Obviously I won't say.
Speaker 3: Use f use as in he sang to them, use stuffed up the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Now, if us.
Speaker 3: F couldn't do it from the start, then why did you whose even went there for f me It's not even done two percent burned, F me debt, f me debt.
Speaker 4: Very Australian phrase now.
Speaker 3: James Patterson, the Shadow Home Affairs Minister, was also doubtful that any foreign actors were involved.
Speaker 9: Prime Minister has not said whether he was briefed on this, when he was briefed on this, whether the National Security Committee of Cabinet has met, whether our intelligence agencies have bread brought into this, whether he's discussed this with our Five Eyes partners, and what action he is taking if it is indeed true that we have a foreign sponsored campaign of terror against the Jewish community in our country. Also yet to be explained is why it appears that so far Australia is unique in being on the receiving end of this.
Speaker 3: So this is the Prime Minister, yet again trying to shift blame for a serious problem that's arisen under his watch, a wave of domestic terror that his government is ultimately responsible for, and they can't blame anyone else, certainly not foreign actors. My sources tell me that some cases are motivated by the Israel Gaza war. And as I said, we know that one of the men has a Hesbala tattoo. But other perpetrators are being investigated by police for white supremacist and neo Nazi ideology. That's why swastiks have been painted in the vandalism. An AFP Detective Superintendent David Craig said today that this terror was home grown, homegrown terror. Have a look at his strong comments on Sunrise.
Speaker 10: So just briefly, are you saying this federal government has allowed this sort of hate speech to fester.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that I've done a six different prime ministers in the Australian Federal Police, a lot of my time in CANA terrorism, and I've never seen such a jelly jeweled Spino's response to hatred and UnAustralian behavior by a prime minister.
Speaker 3: Well, he's right and everyone knows it. Even Israel has had to try and intervene to get Albanezi to take tough action on anti Semitism. Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister Sharan Haskell, as you know, a regular on this program. She told me on Monday night that the Albanese government was to blame for anti Semitism, and then she made similar comments on the ABC today.
Speaker 11: Obviously, the attitude of the current Australian government towards Israel is inflaming a lot of these emotions and giving, I guess, some acceptance when you do not fight it. I mean, what are they waiting for for someone to die, for someone to be murdered?
Speaker 3: Well, Tony Burke hit back at her, claiming she was wrong and that the criminals aren't paying attention to his government's policies towards Israel.
Speaker 12: I don't believe that the sorts of thugs that are engaging in this sort of behavior are checking what's happening in the General Assembly of the United Nations when it meets in New York.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, they still don't get it. They've never taken this problem seriously. Albanesi's top government ministers insisted on speaking about Islamophobia when asked about anti Semitism. That was downplaying what was unfolding before their very eyes. This national security crisis should have been the top priority for the Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke, but of course Jews aren't his constituents in his Western Sydney marginal seat, so it seems that our safety mattered less to him. Instead, Tony Burke and Albanesi and Penny Wong gave visas to nearly three thousand Palestinians in Gaza, allowing them to come to Australia, where they're now going to permanently stay, despite Pennywog initially saying that they were just temporary visas.
Speaker 4: That was a lie.
Speaker 3: The Albanese government is taking the risk of literally importing hatred against Jews. If they cared about antisemitism, they wouldn't do that. They've also continued to found the flames of antisemitism by repeatedly criticizing Israel, which only emboldens the aggressive pro Palestinian activists. You see the Prime Minister, you see it day in day out. In the one breath he criticizes Israel and in the next he calls for calm on the Middle East issue on our streets. His inconsistent messaging is part of the problem. He could have instead prioritized calming tensions.
Speaker 4: He can't solve the war.
Speaker 3: In Gaza, but he chose not to do that, and neither did Pennywog, who has overseen the most hostile foreign policy towards Israe in Australian government history.
Speaker 4: She has overturned a.
Speaker 3: Long standing bipartisan foreign policy towards Israel and treats our ally like it's our enemy. She has not been a friend of the Jewish homeland and she's one of the most despised politicians in the entire Jewish community. And now she'll be attending the eightieth commemoration of the Liberation of Auschwitz. It's an insult to the memory of the millions who lost their lives in the Holocaust, and Holocaust survivor Peter Krauss told me today that she just shouldn't be going.
Speaker 13: I don't believe she is an appropriate person, but I do believe that she does actually represent our present government. And I regret to say that for the first time in what is it seventy seven year years that I've been an Australian, that I'm ashamed of the way Australia is behaving with regard to that, I don't believe that she is the right person to be Foreign Minister given the approach and attitude that she has demonstrated.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get reaction to this from the former president of the Victorian Liberal Party, Michael Kroger and farmer labor Senator Graham Richardson.
Speaker 4: Welcome to you both. Michael Kroger, what do you think of this?
Speaker 3: You know, this nonsense suggestion that foreign actors are responsible for what's happening here.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm speechless, as I am every day when I hear Albanesi speak or Penny Wong speak. I mean, let's be Frank Shari. This federal government led by Albanesian Wong exudes hatred for the and contempt for the Jewish state at almost every opportunity, apart from obligatory things like the docksing legislation, etcetera, which you know that's easy to do. You got a prime minister that has he ever been to Auschwitz or Oschwitz as he calls it. Has Pennywong ever been to Auschwitz? I mean I was at Auschwitz a few months ago and Auschwitz berken out. I'd say this to Penny Wong Auschwitz is not a place for your Penny. It is not a place for you to go. You on day one after October seven, Penny, when Jews were beheaded, tortured, raped, mutilated, and taken prisoner, you called on the Jewish state to exercise restraint, and you've got worse ever since. You will have been a paria yesterday in Washington, You'll be a pariah in Poland. And I'll say this to Albanisi. For goodness sake, Anthony, show you some decency, mates. Sends the Speaker of the House of Representatives, or Andrew Charlton or someone who's at least pro Jewish to our Schwitz to send Penny Wong after falling over Sue Lyones, please elbow. If you tried to insult the Jewish community more, you couldn't be doing a better job, my friend, rich.
Speaker 3: O, the firebombing of the childcare center that happened yesterday followed the Dover Heights attack.
Speaker 4: Look, without giving.
Speaker 3: Away too many details, it's very close to home for you, rich Oh, you know this is in your general neighborhood. Can you tell us how rocked the local community is and how you felt having that atrocious arson attack you know, it just streets away from you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think there's genuine concern. Obviously, there's a pretty strong representation of Jews in our area, Dover Heights, I think well known for that. I think we've got four synagogues in walking distance. So obviously it's an area that you have to be careful about because it's going to be a target area for these rat bags, for these evil people who see no problem in mutilating children, let alone what they do to women, which I won't go into. I think this is a really, really a very critical moment here, a critical moment, and I'm not totally satisfied with the response of my own government.
Speaker 3: Well, I should hope not, because no sensible person would be.
Speaker 4: I mean, a database, come on.
Speaker 3: I'm going to talk about that issue of the failed National Cabinet a bit later with Caroline Marcus, but that it was such a pr stunt and then nothing came out of it.
Speaker 4: Except for a database.
Speaker 3: You know, didn't even really properly consider the minimum mandatory sentencing, which was Dutton's suggestion and which I understand some of the other states did support as well. All right, let's have a look at Trump's inauguration. Michael Krog, of course you follow US politics very closely. What were your main takeouts or perhaps what were your favorite things out of Trump's executive orders.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump has hit the ground running, as you would expect him to have done. He's issued the executive orders that he said he'd do. You know, border protection is critical for America, and it's not, as that Anglican minister said today, you know, him not showing compassion. I mean, no country can open its borders to eleven or more million undocumented people. I thought yesterday was typical Donald Trump. He's leading from the front. He wants to make America greater as again, as he said, He's going to make some serio economic inroads. I'm glad he's getting rid of DEI I'm glad he's got a federal hiring freeze. You know, I'm glad they're going to have a cut back in federal employees. I mean, the American the Americans got a thirty six trillion dollar US dollars fifty trillion plus Australian deficit that's getting worse three or four trillion every year. So he's got to do something about government expenditure. So you know he's at least making those tough decisions. The one thing I didn't like, to be quite frank, was when he had the families of the hostages on the stage yesterday at the Capital Theater. He talked about the J six hostages, and I thought the combining of the two was graded greatly with me. But apart from that, he's doing everything he said he'd.
Speaker 3: Do, at least see how the hostages up there front and stage, putting that issue absolutely, you know on the chat because you're wearing the host in Michael Kroger as I usually do it, and we do need them to come home. Rich O, this must have been a tough day for you having to watch the inauguration. We know you were supportive of Kamala Harris. Do you admit that, you know some of Chump's moves yesterday were sensible. Maybe you support getting people back into the office. Maybe you support having two genders.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, Look, I don't believe that Trump that everything he says or everything he does is evil. It's clearly not. He does some things that are good, that are worthwhile, that any one of us would do if we had the chance. So good luck to him. I'm glad that he's doing some of those things. He's just got to make sure that he rains himself in because sometimes I think of the rhetoric that he can come up with, it just gets a little bit out of hand. I think he needs to be a little more careful when he opens his mouth.
Speaker 3: I had Peter Dutton on the show lineat night and I asked him about Trump's return to the presidency and there's global shift away from progressive politics, and Dutton does think it's a movement that's sweeping the globe, even Australia. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 15: I think there is going to be a near revolution that comes with the Trump administration in relation to a lot of the work issues that might be fashionable in universities and at the ABC, but that just starn't cutting it around kitchen tables at the moment where people can't pay their bills under the urban EZI cost of living crisis.
Speaker 3: Michael, what do you think do you think we can finally say that woke politics and the age of woke is coming to an end, that people are getting sick of it, and partly because of the very real cost of living pressures as Peter Dighton says, well, we've.
Speaker 1: Reached peak Woke probably six months ago and now the world is turning against the sort of this left wing extremism. And you can't blame the Wake activists. These are left wing activists all over the world. They're in corporate affairs departments of major corporations, of universities, of arts organizations, at the ABC, et cetera, et cetera. And they've done a very good job but convincing. They're left of the West to go extreme left on all his issues. And now as people have looked at this more closely and waken up, they've decided this extreme and has to come to an end. So hopefully the Business Council Australia and DEI policies of Australian corporations will be revoked in due course and people will get back to merit based appointments. So yeah, Peter Dutton's absolutely right. It is sweeping the world. It's certainly sweeping Australia. And if you haven't got the devastating poll released in the Fairfax Press tonight, in the Age and the Sydney Morning Herald, where Dutton is now preferred Prime minister by five percent over Albanisi in the labor vote in Victoria is now twenty five percent. Dutton may not be on seventy two as I've predicted in recent months. He may have been a lot more seats than seventy two. Labor are at serious risks of losing a whole lot of other seats in Victoria than the ones that I've probably thought. When you look at Goldstein and Kuyong, those seats were propped up by labor voters voting for the Teal. Well, if the labor votes evaporating in Victoria, boy, that puts Keyon and Goldstein.
Speaker 4: Really at risk. No, it's an interesting point, Richo. What do you think.
Speaker 3: I want to know what you think about, you know, this rejection of woke playing into the federal election here, but also what Michael just said about the fact that Peter Dutton might be heading for perhaps majority government, not just seventy two seats that he could actually win outright.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 14: I think Dutton's doing very well, and I've been saying that for some months. I think Labor wrote him off as they once did Tony Abbott. Always a very very dangerous thing to do, to write our political leaders like this. Never never would I do it, because I don't think you can get to that position of being a political leader if you're a complete dope. It doesn't work that way. It means you've got an active and you know, obviously a pretty good brain to be able to do it. And so I'm not someone who knocks Dutton over any of that stuff. I think Dutton is a formidable opponent for labor and at the moment you've got to say he'd be favorite of the book is to get.
Speaker 3: Up really, so you also think Peter Duttan's now the favorite. So we could be seeing a history being broken here in a one term government for the first time in a century.
Speaker 14: Well, it's possible. I mean, it doesn't happen in Australia very often, but it's possible. And I'm certainly not going to write off the chance of that. But I think, you know, it's just it's going to come down to the government getting back to focusing on what matters and I don't think they've done much of that lately.
Speaker 3: No, definitely, And look, you also have to wonder about the Prime Minister's own, you know, desire to stays PM, especially when he's got a holiday house Cope Cabana Beach waiting for him. All right, rich O and Michael Kroger. Great to see you both as always on a Wednesday. Thank you so much. Well, let's continue this discussion about who is most likely to be the next prime minister, but also when are we going to head to the polls? This is the question we're all asking. I'm joined now by the Director of Government Relations in Canberra, head of Bonde Partners, Phil Hudson, and former long term political journalist. Feel great to see you. Look, you wrote a terrific piece in the Daily Telegraph talking about the most likely dates for the federal election. Can you run us through them?
Speaker 16: Well, thanks Shari. It's great to be if your viewers. Look, it's the great guessing game, isn't it that we have whenever an election comes round. Except this time we've got a bit of a budget twist. But as we get closer and closer and there's a deadline on this a constitutional deadline, it's really coming down now to two choices. I think either we're going to be having an election on April twelve, or we're going to have an election on one of the first three Saturdays in May. Now, of course there are other possibilities, but I think they are a lot less likely. The Prime Minister has made it clear that parliament's going to come back for two weeks in February, and just following on from the discussion that you just have, I think that's really going to be important for both leaders to use the parliament to try and gee up the troops, get their own confidence going start to put down some heavy markers. Of course, the Prime Minister has got a big speech this Friday, which there's a lot of expectation about him using that to properly kick off the year, even though they've both been out and about and I sort of think, so we're in the election, where are those dates? I mean, there are a lot of dates that are blocked out wa election. There was talk last year about it being moved. I don't think it's going to be moved. And Overlatch, which is also a long weekend in half the country I think has been forgotten by many people. There's a Grand Prix in Victoria. These things matter when they're trying to work out the good time to go. Easter is unusually late, which is what opens April twelve up to being a real option. April twelve means there's no budget. The may options mean there is a budget. And the Treasurer was out and about today making his case about how he thinks the government has performed, and he has a pretty good line there. He says, they've brought down two surplus budgets, improve the state of the budget by two hundred billion. Why would they want to have another budget and risk it being in deficit and the story not being as clear cut now it's not working with voters, but a more messy message may not work either.
Speaker 4: For those I want to ask you about this is the resources before you go.
Speaker 3: I also want to ask you about this possibility of a rate cut, because that had been something at least senior labor figures were hoping for, so that labour could say, look, the inflation crisis is over where on the way back to more affordable way of life? You know, proof that they were making in roads. How likely do you think a rate cut is?
Speaker 16: Looking it seems to change that what the experts say depending on each additional piece of data. The value of the dollars taken a fall and then a little bit of a bounce back. There's a Reserve Bank Board meeting in mid February. Then there's one ride at the start of April. Look, it's a big gamble. This is probably a very big gamble for the Prime Minister if he thinks that he wants to wait for a rate cut. That might not happen. There is going to be a change in the composition of the Reserve Bank Board for that April meeting, whether the new board members are any more convinced of the need for a rate cut. Look, it's a very hard one to pick that one, and I think that's the government would dearly love a rate cut, but I don't think they can. I don't think in their calculations they're going to put that one in the bank column.
Speaker 3: All right, So your firm favorite April twelve to head to the poles Field Hards in Great Tavy on the show now still to come that we know where Donald Trump's top priorities are.
Speaker 4: But what about Millennia.
Speaker 3: I'm going to let you know what the first Lady's plans are in the White House that's coming up, plus what we know about the grubs terrorizing the Jewish community. Caroline Marcus would joining me after this quick break, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Police are under immense public pressure to catch the grubs, the animals, the bastards, as Chris min said, responsible for terrorizing the Jewish community, and they're finally starting to make some arrests. And to discuss further, let's bring in Sky New Senior reporter Caroline Marcus. Caroline, police have had a breakthrough in the investigation into the anti Semitic attack at the Newtown's Synagogue. I spoke about this earlier in the show. You were in court today.
Speaker 4: What can you tell us about one of the men behind this.
Speaker 17: Well, Adam Edward Mole is the thirty three year old man. But police arrested overnight after executing two search warrants at addresses in Camperdown, which is also in the Inner West like the Newtown's Synagogue. Now two men had been captured on CCTV.
Speaker 4: At the time, Shari and they were.
Speaker 17: Captured pouring a clear liquid onto the synagogue as well as spray painting graffiti, painting graffiti of swastikas around the perimeter of the synagogue. It was Adam Mole that police picked up and he came before the courts today. He's been charged with a number of offenses including attempting to set the synagogue alight, as well as a number of other different lesser charges. But he didn't make an application for bail. We didn't even see him in court. He didn't come up from the docks in custody. It was refused. His matter will return to court tomorrow, but police say they're pretty confident that they are going to make a second arrest in this case very soon.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 17: It's not the only matter that was in the court courts in the past couple of days. There was also someone who was sentenced over the alighting of a fire of a Bond Eye business called Curly Lewis Brewery, and that was as you mentioned in your editorial, it happened in October last year. Police think it was a case of mistaken identity that they really meant to target the Kosher Delhi with a very similar name, which happened three days later. So that person appeared in court yesterday and Sutherland Local Court in South Sydney and he was given this pathetic sentence of ten months, only ten months for setting a light a business that could have led to injuries, deaths significant damage. The fire ended up self extinguishing within a minute. It still caused tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage. But even the Premier Christmins said today that New South Wales Police will be appealing that sentence because the crime carries a maximum of ten years and yet this person will be eligible for parole as soon as this August for this kind of crime. He's co accused also pleaded guilty in court. He's yet to be sentenced, but certainly the Premier is pushing for a much tougher sentence on this. How about insurrent ten months for that's ound offense.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why Peter day And says, you know, it's not just about the policing, but it's about the judiciary and the sentencing as well. And so Darton's saying, well, you do need minimum mandatory sentences because and it's an issue that Gillian Siegel raised as well, the antisemitism envoy, that in some cases people are just getting off scott free and we do need to see serious charges, not just because it reflects the serious nature of the crime, but as a deterrent as well. Carolyne, just before I ask you about some other issues, I want to go back to gain I spoke about this in the editorial. This is a woman who was charged in relation to one of the Willara anti Semitic attacks, and I thought it was extraordinary that she actually posted on social media that she was looking for a jerry can the day before the alleged attack.
Speaker 4: What did you think about that?
Speaker 17: Look, this was incredible. And she not only allegedly posted this request, I mean, this very suspicious looking request you'd have to say to one Facebook community group. She posted it to several the day before the alleged attack. So she actually ended up being caught with apparently five jerry cans. So it seems perhaps the request was successful. I don't know that hasn't come before the court yet, but she certainly made that extremely public. Now it's quite a bizarre case. She's a mother of five, Tammy Ferugia. She posted this request very publicly, and she was arrested and charged and is facing court over spray painting a number of vehicles and properties with kill Israel. Israel's felt incorrectly as well.
Speaker 4: I think it's fair to say these.
Speaker 17: Aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but yet they are very serious crimes. A car was torched in that incident in Walara as well last month. And look, she'll face the court over that.
Speaker 3: All right, let's have a look at the national cabinet that Albanezi held yesterday afternoon, Peter, but Darton told me last night that this was just a box ticking exercise.
Speaker 15: And yet it's taken him fifteen months to get to this point. Fourteen months to get to this point, and he does it without any fanfare. Or he had a press conference with the premier this morning, made no mention of it, and holds it this afternoon. I think just to tick the.
Speaker 3: Box, Caroline, we've just got about thirty seconds. But he's right, isn't it. I mean he you know, Albanize could have sent out an agenda cord for submissions, had a proper, serious national cabinet.
Speaker 17: It was like it was an afterthought because it was mentioned during a press conference only when he was asked specifically about why there had been no national cabinet, and the answer he gave that people had been on leave. Look, it just didn't make sense, Shari, because ultimately people ended up zooming into that call anyway, so that could have happened while people were on leave. It didn't make sense. It's a knee jerk reaction. All that's come out of it is this national database. He's rejected the idea of mandatory minimum sentences, which actually could be a deterrent for these kinds of crimes.
Speaker 3: No, exactly, one hundred percent, Caroline Marcus, thank you so much for your reporting and for coming on the show. Now after the break, Millenia Trump is planning an agenda of her own.
Speaker 4: Will we'll talk.
Speaker 3: About what it'll be, and it looks like Trump Donald that is, won't be the only force of nature in the White House. Plus, the daughter of a man brutally murdered by one of the terrorists Israel has released as part of the hostage deal, will join me live later on. I'll ask her what she thinks of the price Israel is paying. Welcome back, Okay, Well, we've been covering so much quite frankly, deeply upsetting news this week that I thought it might be fun to delve into something a little bit lighter and happier for a minute. Donald Trump has returned to the White House, but his wife, Millenia is also forging her own path as first Lady. This interview with Fox News was fascinating. It showed her as a different type a first lady.
Speaker 18: I don't want to hire too many people on my team and spending too much taxpayer money. I want to make sure that every position they are talented, they have married, they know what they're doing and as well as their team player. They don't have own agenda. So they're serving me, they're serving my office, and they're serving the country.
Speaker 3: Okay with me now? Is the deputy editor of news dot Com, Liz Burke.
Speaker 4: Liz, great to see you again.
Speaker 3: Well, what can you tell us about what Milania has put forward as her own agenda for her time in the White House.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so she said that she's going to revive and continue basically what she started when she first moved in. So then, likes first ladies before her, she had her own office, she had her own team, and her key initiative was called the Be Best Campaign, and that was a public awareness campaign that was all about advocating against youth bullying, particularly cyber bullying. And you know, seeing the kind of criticism that she cops day in day out, we you know, we saw it everywhere yesterday. As much as she was celebrated and praised, she was also very much criticized. I think she's become quite a good authority on that. She did face I think some criticism in her first term, saying that she was perhaps not so present and perhaps not so successful in that initiative and other public initiatives as other first ladies. And she actually addressed that in that interview that we just saw an excerpt from, saying that she didn't have believes that she didn't have a great deal of support. I think that's from, you know, the preceding administration before that came before her, from the media, and you'd assume she's talking about some public figures as well, who you know, were reluctant to stand next to the Trumps. I think we've all already seen that support turn around quite a bit, you know, from the number of celebrities who turned out at the inauguration, in some in some cases performing at the at various inauguration events. So I think she's very much expecting that she's going to be able to make a bigger and a bigger impact this time around with that support.
Speaker 3: I think one fascinating thing that you can't imagine politicians in Australia doing is that both Millenia and Donald have his and her cryptocurrencies.
Speaker 4: What's what's this about?
Speaker 10: Looks it's certainly something that we've never seen from a first lady before, so she can say that she's the first, she's the first there. Yes, Donald Trump was the first to launch his own cryptocurrency yesterday that I think was just called donald you could call it donald Coin.
Speaker 4: Milania followed.
Speaker 10: They both, you know, were the shot up wildly in value. But these types of coins, they are what's known as a meme coin.
Speaker 4: It's it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 10: It's not really something that you would seriously invest in. If you did, you'd be pretty disappointed if you, you know, woke up today to see that value had like dropped quite significantly, even more disappointed next week.
Speaker 4: But it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 10: It's almost like buying an online souvenir for the inauguration or you know, a piece of merchandise. There are disclaimers on you know, on her website that says this isn't you know, a proper financial investmental security.
Speaker 3: But when I saw a journalist asked the president today about the crypto currency, he said, I wasn't really involved in it. And the journalist said, well, we've actually made a few billion dollars today.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think at one point the market was you know, it has been valued at several billions. I just don't think that's something they's you know, sustainable. I'm not going to pretend to be. I'll leave that to Elon.
Speaker 4: No, that's true.
Speaker 3: Now, tell me about Milania's fashion statements of the inauguration.
Speaker 4: She had two main looks.
Speaker 3: One was this statement hat that I think we're going to show you now, and then she also stunned at the ball. Yeah, let's have a look at the hat. Tell us about this, Liz, and also her ball outfit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you said a statement, and I think that's absolutely spot on. We were, you know, covering the event at news dot com dot au. We had someone from our lifestyle team especially come in to you know, to comment on her fashion. But no one was expecting the hat to be, you know, to absolutely steal the show. It was designed by a milliner called Eric Javitts, and he's a bit of a milliner to the stars. His hats have been seen on the heads of you know, Beyonce, Madonna, those kind of celebrities. I think what's interesting is that she actually seemed to have a fair bit of input into that design. So her stylist was liaising very closely with the milliner who created the hat, so they had a fair bit of input. And I think she knew that it would be controversial. She thinks she knew that it would make such a statement, and so I think I kind of like that. I think she's kind of into it. She was anticipating the reaction and she just owned the look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very stylish, But you would have wanted to.
Speaker 3: I would have wanted to lift it the whole time event to your husband's inauguration as president.
Speaker 4: You can't see everything that's going on under the hat. She couldn't see. She couldn't get via anyone. But you know, like, yeah, I think she's not look shit cheek. Right, we're out of time, Lisbek, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Now, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: A daughter will join me, whose father's killer has now been set free under the hostage deal. She has a unique take and she'll join me after this quick break.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, as you know, as part of the hostage deal, nineteen hundred Palestinian terrorists and criminals will be released from Israeli prisons among their murderers, terrorists, kidnappers. Now, like I've said repeatedly, this is a very difficult deal. Israel had to do a deal with the devil.
Speaker 4: And no one knows this more than Maytel offer.
Speaker 3: Her father was killed eleven years ago by her Musk terrorists, and one of his murderers is set for release as part of this first phase of the deal. And Maytel joins me live now from Israel. Thank you so much for your time. Look what was your reaction to the news that your father's murderer was going to be set free.
Speaker 4: Well, I was.
Speaker 8: Quite shocked, but not very surprised because in Israel there were many deals with terrorists. And after my father's murderer, I asked the lawyer when they will released from prison, and he told me, you know, they will sit at least ten years and after October seventh. I understood that this must have been done so all the hostages will come back. So I think it's that that is the most important thing. All the hostages must come back home. And we are paying a very very high price with this deal. And I'm not happy that he's setting free, but my comfort is that the hostages and their families will join back together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the only good part, the only silver lining of what truly is a horrific situation where we have having all these harmus terists back on the streets.
Speaker 4: May tell.
Speaker 3: My understanding is that the families of the victims of these terrorists are given about forty eight hours where they can appeal the decision to Israel's Supreme Court. Did you ever consider doing that or are you realistic about it?
Speaker 4: And ultimately yeah, tell me you're thinking on that.
Speaker 8: No, No, me and my siblings, we are five siblings, We never thought of turning to the Supreme Court because we thought this is the right way to do it. And this is also my father's heritage. I think that my father, if he was alive, he will also he would also support.
Speaker 16: This, this deal.
Speaker 8: It's like you said, it's a deal with the devil, and sorry, it's something that it must have been done, so I don't I have no regrets and I have no second thoughts about it. I know it's hard and I know and I can also understand the families who against this this deal, But I think that the most important thing to our society, to the Israel of society to heal from this wom that we heard from October seven is that all the hostages will come back live or dead.
Speaker 3: And of course we are expecting hoping that another three hostages will be released under this deal Saturday this week, so let's hope that goes ahead. MATEL really appreciate your time tonight, Thank you very much. That's all we've got time for today. I'll be back on Monday. I'm working on a special project tomorrow night, so tune in eight o'clock Monday, but stay tuned right now.
Speaker 4: Pom Mary's up