Speaker 1: Get the morning every day, Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Chicks Chicks, Chicks, Chicks Chicks.
Speaker 3: That is the opener to our new segment called chick Chat. It's not much better than that, much more professionally assembled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just an opportunity for all the women in this team in particular, and boy boy, I'm aunt number to really make their presence and feelings known.
Speaker 3: Quorterer one in this little team really.
Speaker 2: Is, and that's why I am scared for my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well not our fault.
Speaker 2: You were born with a willie, But I can change that.
Speaker 3: Really, sure, it is so time for it.
Speaker 1: Let's go girl. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is how this works. There's a lot of chicks that work in this office. You are so vastly outnumbered, Andrew Hayes, it's almost embarrassing for you.
Speaker 2: I love the girls, and.
Speaker 3: We have conversations about girl things, and we just thought, you know what, let's bring it.
Speaker 4: To the wireless.
Speaker 3: Let's let's thrash it out on our so that everyone can have their import and everyone can have their opinion.
Speaker 4: Because surely, if we're talking about it, everyone else out there is talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surely, and we find each other entertaining. That's the other things.
Speaker 5: Don't we talk a lot of rubbish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is a bit of that.
Speaker 3: We've got news reader Abby here and producers Zoe, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 3: The extent of your input into this segment. Okay, So dilemma that has unfolded in my life. We have a friend. When I say we, there's a group of us girls who work with someone who is a friend and or have worked with someone, I should say, it doesn't work there anymore. And she has a partner and they're not engaged, but they're very much living together. And he had a night out and he was seen pashing on with someone that wasn't her. So as a collective, we've all gotten together and gone paper rock scissors. Who's going to tell her? Because everyone knows about it. Who is going to break the news? And so, as it turned out, one of the girls said, look, I'll do it. Had the conversation and then she turned on her and said, this is my relationship, please stay out, please. Yeah, And I guess we were just trying to spare her from the humiliation of the fact that everyone knew that this is what he'd gotten up to and she didn't. Anyway, they're still very much together and now very much married.
Speaker 5: God how long ago was that? It was a couple of years ago now and friends with the girl who told her no friends, no I'm not really.
Speaker 3: It drew like a massive wedge between all of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, been there. Yeah, one of my girlfriends. We caught her partner in the act and we told her, and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Now we're all mates again.
Speaker 5: But at first it was how embarrassing for me that you've told me this instead of how upsetting for me that my partner's done this. So yeah, I've been there for sure, and it's.
Speaker 2: So they broke up though.
Speaker 4: I had similar but I went to him and said, you need to tell her before we do. Yeah, we did the same, Yeah, and he did, but she forgave. Then they're still together.
Speaker 5: Well that's that's her choice.
Speaker 3: Though, Fine, Yeah, I think I think you run into trouble when they turn on the messenger, like the messenger in this situation. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hazy always gets shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And where's the line, because if they've done.
Speaker 3: This was chick chat, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Where's the line? Because not to say it, once a cheatter, always a cheatter. I know that there are people out there who don't go on to do it. But you know, if he does it while they're just dating, is he going to do it again while they're married. If there's kids involved, you don't want to see her drag through a divorce with three children. Yeah, it's this fine line of do I say something now, or yeah, do I be quiet for the sake of my friendship.
Speaker 3: It's a really hard one because you know, like you're doing it out of care and out of love. You're going to this person saying, you know, I care for you, and this is what everyone's talking about, and this is what's unfolded. So when they turn on you, jeez, that's difficult.
Speaker 5: Yeahru And the friendship's different after that as well. I can in any regard I say from other people's experiences as well. I've seen it, and I think almost in every occasion, the person who finds out they've been cheated on gets on the defense straight away and wants to protect their partner. And you think about your partner, You think about Greg, I think about Alex. I would do the same because I think, no, they wouldn't, No, they absolutely wouldn't. But yeah, everything I think it's a really tough one.
Speaker 1: I think ultimately you have to tell them, and.
Speaker 3: I think what happens after that, Like people couple survive in fidelity, but that's their choice, but I think they need to be armed with the knowledge. And I think you almost have a little responsibility. But Jesus, a harder situation to be and to have.
Speaker 4: And then when you all get together, if they're still together and he's there, such a you know they're going to go Why I don't want to go to the tow friend things anymore because yeah, what a Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I mean the Beckham's got throat, didn't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What would po Dave? Do you?
Speaker 3: I think moving forward, your mic needs to be muted during ship chat. Yeah, I think that needs to be the way we can. We've got an anonymous caller online one good morning. You've been in this situation.
Speaker 6: I haven't. It's awful.
Speaker 3: So talk us through what happened with you?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was with thisiff guy. We were girlfriend and they were at my best friend's house or I thought we were best friends, and he was cheating on me with their workmates at their house. Oh no, and no one told me.
Speaker 3: So how did you find out?
Speaker 6: Good old Facebook?
Speaker 3: No, how did you find out on Facebook?
Speaker 6: So they obviously had, Like the particular girl had blocked me so she couldn't see me and I couldn't see her. But there was a picture that they had gone to at an event and I wasn't there, and I had saw yea, them together.
Speaker 3: You always know as well, You just always know that. And so were you angry at the people that knew about it and didn't tell you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? We know after you know, friendship of fifteen years but no longer friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah, that's a bit of pip swallow, wasn't it? And so what do you wish would have happened?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I wish someone had to say something to me. It was a very very toxic relationship anyway, but that was the breaking the breaking point.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, live alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: You know what, the universe has a way of moving you on when something's not quite right. So yeah, hopefully the right if you found the right person for you, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty awkward at the best of times. What I will what I will say is I know what's going to fix things? Mis anonymous? I turned it all the.
Speaker 3: Oh see, maybe that's why it all happened, so she could win a beach house voucher.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. Beach house, perfect destination for a fun field day out the small front of their house beach laugh.
Speaker 3: At me, Zoey, I don't know what the universe is saying.
Speaker 5: I like the universe is going back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the universe is like, go on a water slot.
Speaker 2: Let's do this week there, okay, chick chat? Yeah? I like it. How do they feel, just to get things off your chest?
Speaker 3: Really good, cathartic. I feel light.
Speaker 2: I feel unused in this space.
Speaker 3: If you've been waiting to skip to school holiday crowns for your next trip, now is your chance.
Speaker 2: You take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com?
Speaker 3: Just imagine all those empty beaches.
Speaker 2: For cooridation and more on the what if that happens?
Speaker 3: What if it's Ouzzy for travels peas where you're.
Speaker 1: Waking up to Adelaide. What's the news today?
Speaker 2: Smooth news in a world where there's just so much information, we just thought, why don't we just dissect it all? We've gone through every single little piece of news and we feel like you need to know. Yeah, one piece of news, eat three of us in here.
Speaker 4: News, look at us doing a service to the people. Just a really really quick one because this is going to affect people on their way to work at Bedford Park. There's a police incident, so we don't have too many details yet, but there's traffic diversions in place just on the Southern Expressway near Maine South Road.
Speaker 3: So that doesn't sound good.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't sound good. I'm trying to get more details. I don't have them yet, but will keep you up to date, at up to date as the morning goes on.
Speaker 2: She needs coffee too, she needs as.
Speaker 4: Well decaff and decaff does do the trick. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: Is it mental?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I reckon it is the effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, okay, okay, sure?
Speaker 2: Interesting? All right, bit of sports news in for you. Australia last night I opened their World Cup campaign with a loss six wickets. That's very very disappointed, of course, and you're going to be probably probably the red hot favorites. Next up for the Aussie South Africa. On Thursday. I went to bed just after the David Warner got it and I thought, oh I don't worry. There's still plenty of quality batsmen to come. Akes carry Duck Laborshane didn't really fire. Oh fun to watch, very very very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you had it got me about the Netball World Cup not being sort of, you know, advertised enough. There's barely been anything said about this cricket No, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, joy. I had to go at you somehow, some the netball organizers thinking it was a good idea to schedule it at the same time as their Women's World Cup.
Speaker 3: Even no one will okay, but no one knew that was going to take on a life of its own.
Speaker 2: Yes they did. I look, I'm pretty sure there were some bold predictions saying that the women's fee for World Cup was going to be pretty popular.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'm just saying I haven't heard very much at all about the cricket World Cup.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, because you got to open your eyes and let it go into your system. Jeff Motley port Adelaide great. Of course, it's his funeral today at Alberton, So what porta Lata said as well? For those who can't get there, are expecting thousands and thousands. It will be live streamed. Footy rap for his well Jodes, Jordan Dawson won one the crows best.
Speaker 3: And Ferris and you're there for a little bit.
Speaker 2: A little gus like a good positive vibe. Yeah, real good positive vibes. So roy Leed came second, Taylor walk around at the top three. Serious is tonight.
Speaker 3: I think Rory LED's got one of the best nicknames of all time, The Desk.
Speaker 2: The desk.
Speaker 3: They call him the desk because it looks like a desk.
Speaker 4: He's it's kind of mean, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's mean. I think it's cute.
Speaker 4: Imagine people saying, oh, you look like a desk.
Speaker 2: Well, easier to handle such nicknames when your crows great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very true.
Speaker 1: Susy.
Speaker 3: Guess what's in the news? Big Brother is back and it's the I'm going to read straight from the press. Wallace Sexy singles set to feature in spicy news series Big Brother is back and bringing its spiciest season ever to Channel seven and seven plus. You're going to have a little listen to the trailer.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, please, are you ready for the spiciest Big Brother ever? My house is about to be filmed with the sexiest housmis in Australia.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong? Big Brother? What about this big dirty people in the show?
Speaker 3: Locked away in Big Brother's custom built house, every hookup, breakup and dancing doner will be recorded by more than eighty cameras and microphones. It sounds very pervy so far with so much love, lust and jealousy all under one roof. How will our host housemates cope as they are cut off from the outside world?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Spicy? And also Big Brother? Remember a Big Brother back in the day? Oh, it was huge when Ben and Blair won't And then Sarah Marie was that same series. I don't think the same series, but she was one of the absolute most popular.
Speaker 3: What was her dance called? Still?
Speaker 4: The best season was Fitsy though. Remember we thought that Fitzi and Brie had something going on? Remember that and everyone was like, oh my god, Yeah, and he's come out and said that there's his girlfriend's name starts with Bee and it wasn't. It was obviously BJ's wife.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, good twist, good twist from our fits.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear from Ryan for sure much after that, did we too much?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Bugger, it's one of the all time.
Speaker 7: Brad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay. No one's like, oh, I'm going to get on a big brother and do it. Fitz did.
Speaker 3: No, you're not, No, you're not.
Speaker 2: Uh, there you go, you post it. Snooze News top of twenty four across Adelaide Today Venue Machine up next. But I'm ready for another coffee.
Speaker 3: I think so about six thirty g fift minutes.
Speaker 2: News reader. Abby's ing, good morning, Abs.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Yes, yes, good weekend. Oh it was great. Thanks for asking. You're welcome because I spent it with you. Jokes.
Speaker 3: We had a little date at the ifl W on Saturday afternoon. Was lovely.
Speaker 4: I drank all of the wine.
Speaker 2: All the wine, did all of the rose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of rose consumed by Abby. Good on you. Thank you for having a crack. I love that for you.
Speaker 2: As you brought to our attention this little list of big old studies been done in America of the sexiest and least sexiest accents correct, which is really quite amazing. So just to really get straight to the points, Americans rated in order from top three worst to absolutely discussing least attractive accents, all within their own country. They went three American Midwestern, which I think you can only assume is something like this absolutely horrible stuff, into the Boston accent, which is that real sort of Boston type setup, and then finally the New York accent. Who would have thought, because.
Speaker 4: Usually they're angry and yelling at you about something. Yeah, so that's maybe why that's.
Speaker 3: Not Sexy's not sexy. No, it's not right.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be yelled at. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They rated the top three sexiest accents as being number three London, number to Scottish and number one Australian.
Speaker 4: I must admit when I was in America and people straight away, oh my goodness, you're an Aussie, like they love it over there, love it.
Speaker 3: So I've spent a bit of time in the UK and I always feel like our accent just sticks out. I almost feel like a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Hicic Do you accidentally put it on a little bit as well? You know, how are you cobber?
Speaker 3: Get a maketh what's going on over there? I can happily say that I've never used the expression cobber in my life, and I don't ever plan to thank you very much?
Speaker 2: Fair enough, so for me. I've got two absolute favorite accents. In fact, I'll give you my top three. Okay, I still like Australian accents, would clean. I like a South Australian accent as well, because we've got that. Yeah, we've got the Aussie about us, but we're still proper, so we say we can be you know, quite sort of harsh and fun and then we'll throw in.
Speaker 3: A dance or a plant, a plant or a Grant.
Speaker 2: Grant look as Grant Stevens and everyone.
Speaker 4: When I was when I was living in Queensland, everyone straight away, Oh you're from South Australia or you're you're British or something. South Australia.
Speaker 3: Definitely notice the difference coming from Queensland, where everything is followed up with are you good?
Speaker 2: A yeah? Good? Hey? Then hey hey? Is everything a question? Yeah, it's supposed to be. Statement turns in a question?
Speaker 4: Or what school did you go to? The pool? Home? Sorry?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Or the other one up there is you your dogs? What do you mean my babies?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not wearing anything. I do like our number two Irish.
Speaker 3: Of course, the Irish accent is quite sexy. I reckon, it's not like about it.
Speaker 4: Got a bit of a connection to Scottish as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and that is my number one an accent. It's just beautif. For example, here's a little viral piece I think was on YouTube originally of just two Scottish tradesmen who were giving each other advice because they're roofers on the best spots to stand on a roof so they don't fall through it.
Speaker 1: They don't put too much we want to eat.
Speaker 8: I can't give you don't be wonderful man, don't So.
Speaker 2: That's not.
Speaker 3: I am so turned on.
Speaker 2: What if you're if you're a poor lady inside that house and the boys have that conversation and you're like, oh my gosh, nobody take me down.
Speaker 4: If there's any Scottish single men out there, give me I'm waiting now.
Speaker 1: That's a job.
Speaker 2: That was a joke. That's a job. Job. That's a terrible job. I don't believe there is such thing as terrible jokes, no chance, especially on a Monday.
Speaker 4: That's right, there's no such thing as terrible jokes. But there's a terrible way to deliver them. I seem to not do anymore.
Speaker 2: This terrible delivery. You're right spot on there. Early on.
Speaker 3: We had to have like a bit of an emergency meeting about your delivery of.
Speaker 4: Your jokes and now, look, to be honest, I'm probably the best.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 2: As they say, confidence is key.
Speaker 3: It sort of veers into narcissistic territory.
Speaker 2: Which is me to a t in saying that's all the generals behind the scenes have said, right, here's the order of the jokes, you've submitted them in, and aby's going to go last build up towards apps.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling I could get fired after this one. Oh really, Yeah, it was nice knowing you, but don't do that because I quite like you work in the news ram. All right, do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: It is what it is, though, that's what we will say. That's what certainly is not what it's not. Do you know what I mean? I'll kick start things and just try appreciate that's me. Okay a this. I took my three year old daughter into here the other day. I took to work. Really he came in to have a bit of a look unbelievable stuff and this could be somewhat controversial, but when I walked into the office she started to cry. I was like, what is going on, and then it's concerned staff and some of the bosses sort of gathered around. I asked her, I said, what was wrong? And she said, Daddy, where are the clowns you said you worked with?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, it's actually really offensive.
Speaker 2: See what's going on there?
Speaker 3: No offense though, yeah, none taken. She just called this clowns?
Speaker 2: Is that next?
Speaker 3: Okay? So the weirdest thing happened on the weekend, you guys, my husband said to me. He turned around and he said, listen, can you stop behaving like a filming go? So I had to put my foot down.
Speaker 4: You laughed the hardest for that one.
Speaker 2: There's a flaming with his foot rays up above his balm. Yeah, he needs to put his foot down.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for man.
Speaker 4: We love a man explainer. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this is Abby's last thirty seconds on it. Let's go.
Speaker 4: The phone rings at home and her wife gets up to answer it. She hears a weird man breathing heavily, and he says, I bet you've got a tight ars and no hair. She gaffs in horror and then turns to the couch where her husband is sitting. Yes, she screams at the man on the phone, I do have one, who should I say, is calling for him?
Speaker 2: I mean I knew it was tight as in terms of not generous of money from the start.
Speaker 1: What were you?
Speaker 3: She's not wrong, She's never coming back into the studio over again.
Speaker 1: The weekend sports rafts to.
Speaker 2: So shut. I'd tell you I've just been sunning himself in Balley.
Speaker 3: Fresh from Barley from Chengu if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: Looking at photos of him as well on Instagram at Barley body and wow.
Speaker 1: Just put a bit of the bronze color filtering on that one.
Speaker 3: You know, did you bronze in some apps as well? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just drew in some little six pack and it's nice brushed out the little keg down there, belly, little dad bob. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Did you have the best time? Please?
Speaker 1: Amazing? First time I was.
Speaker 3: You've never been a by before.
Speaker 1: The Bali Virgin before this last week, so.
Speaker 2: Never been crack open another big tang.
Speaker 1: We saw a few of those singlets over there, a lot of Bojan's over there, a lot of Bosion.
Speaker 2: They're all pink and you've got to be like a day's worth of some and a massive goaty yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And a big Southern Cross tattoo on their back.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's the pieces network. I don't right to the top. Are you welcome? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Sport plenty of it. We'll start with we'll get to foot in a moment. But the cricket overnight, unfortunately the Aussies have gone down in their World Cup opener to India. The side it doesn't look like it's got a real lot of potency. And look they started really well with the ball. We only made one hundred and ninety nine. Tough wicket, but we had them three for two the moment they turned the match catches win matches. You two both grew on that, up on that as I did, and vera COOLi sky one. Mitch Marsh wall take it nineteen times out of twenty, dropped it. They would have been four for twenty, maybe could have won, but instead they just cruised to victory.
Speaker 2: Just not a good day for Mitch marsh Wasn't.
Speaker 1: It made a duck as well? So not good? And the Red Backs what about Jake Fraser McGirk fastest ever one day century by list They played twenty nine balls?
Speaker 2: Oh god, was that just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Jake Fraser McGirk, he's hit one hundred in twenty nine deliveries since nine balls. What about that? The previous best was ab davilli Is in a one day against the West Indies in twenty fifteen, so he's beaten that by a couple of balls. Amazing. But the Red Pack's unfortunately still lost, so they're.
Speaker 3: Were to find away.
Speaker 1: They've found away. I mean they were chasing a big score admittedly, but none for one hundred and sixty in the eleventh over. I thought they're going to do this in thirty five overs the way they're going, but they go down unfortunately.
Speaker 3: What about ten fours and thirteen sixers for that time?
Speaker 1: Amazing. He's twenty one, he's got some swagger, he's got the big sort of mulay going at the back. But I like him. I think he's going to be a very good player.
Speaker 3: So quite well in BALI wouldn't he.
Speaker 1: He would be Bin Tang singler for Jake Fraser McGirk. I reckon absolutely very nice.
Speaker 2: Let's talk some footy quick AFL w rap as well. Mixed results for our teams.
Speaker 1: I reckon one of the games of the season. One of the best games ever the Crows in Melbourne. The standard of footy is superb when you see the very best go at it the level and our producer Emily would know this as well as anyone. She worked with the Crows for a couple of years and I just think it has come on so far. I love that game. It was a ripper the Crows by ten points. Absolute beauty.
Speaker 3: I was down at Albertorn for the Power Game and I have to say I have to agree with you. Since the last time I've been to AFLW, the standard has really risen, I think, and it was just entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good game. They just a bit of an accurate kicking. Unfortunately for the Power fifteen point losers, there's still a work in progress. They're getting better, but they started from a fair way back in their first year. Definitely better. They've had the one win this season, but I don't think they're going to make finals this year. But for the Crows, top of the table, only undefeated side in the comp, they can win it again.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I didn't see too much of it because I spent half my time trying to find the face painter.
Speaker 2: Oh no year old, massive hit.
Speaker 3: I couldn't find the face painter anywhere. Oh gee, it's in the kids zone. No she's not there, she's behind the pub. No she's not there.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. They have done a great job upstairs with their new bar and restaurants facilities there unbelievable at albert And so if you're thinking of going there, head on down.
Speaker 2: You read before we let you go. Jordan Dawson won his first balc and Blys medal. That was expected and port of Lads tonight obvious.
Speaker 1: Zach Buter, Zach Butter's I reckon. I mean Rosie won it last year, so who pole?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: But I think Butters takes it out, doesn't he?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ask how he went on Saturday afternoon trying to get a player to go live on Channel seven.
Speaker 2: She is tough, really scrambling behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: You were just waiting for the players to turn up and we're at a hit time six forty seven. Players started turning up at six forty five.
Speaker 3: He actually and what a good bloke? Text is? Put text in a headlocking.
Speaker 1: Sick mate and he came in. He's a legend. Yeah, gotta love it.
Speaker 2: I've literally gone over and I've got an earpacing, you know, forty seconds ago, forty seconds and I've spread it across the convention center, said, texting to be massive. Fam. He goes here, what's going on? Can you have a chat with me? He's like, oh yeah, no, Worri, It's all cool and casual. I go, but we're than thirty five seconds All the way over there was chalking through the convention center.
Speaker 1: Splitting packs seventy six goals for the secon that had a best on ground with seven's report on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And that's a great A fresh hamstring injury. Yeah, I'll tell you what. I didn't see him move that quick all season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. You love those stories.
Speaker 2: Good to have you back for Anyhow, after a week of just sunning yourself in Bali with Asahi bowls every single.
Speaker 1: Morning, Hey, do you want a joke?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, we do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, go on.
Speaker 2: There we go? What do we got? What do we go? Oh?
Speaker 1: Right, now, what do you call a toothless bear? Okay, gummy bear?
Speaker 3: That is the most predictable joke.
Speaker 1: I've ever heard in my I remember that show Gummy Bears. Gummy bears here and there and everywhere.
Speaker 4: Did that last hour in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 3: You've got a little announcement to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got a brand new little boy. Yes, we've added another little munchikin to our two. So Lottie and Henry now have a little baby brother by the name of Sonny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So he was born on Thursday night. Yes, I came in at four point two kilos. Yes. And he was born at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I delivered him home birth.
Speaker 3: Had a home birth and a water birth as well.
Speaker 2: Home birth and a water birth. Mean, what else could you do?
Speaker 3: Can I just tell everyone how very casually you announced it too, Because I was texting you on Thursday night and then it got to about eight o'clock and you didn't reply to my text and I thought, oh god, I am rude. Okay, And then we're all in here in the morning on Friday morning and you rock up and you look a little bit tired, and you're like, oh, guys, sorry I didn't return some of your texts, and you know, group chat messages. Just Kara was in labor, car has given birth. Yeah, and we all lost our minds, and mass celebrations and it was so good, but you were very very casual in delivery.
Speaker 2: Producers are he hit me? Shut up? Dessicated the shoulder and what it's very very cute. It's Kara unbelievable. Yeah, seriously, So this is I mean, refuses to have drugs because the whole wants to go through the process and feel everything needs to be filled. All those types of things like just ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: I've had a couple of big days where I've eaten too much meat and had a few too many beers and the next day I've had to have an EPI drill through. Kara is having these babies and refusing to have drugs, ridiculous stuff. And the water birth and the home birth was something that I was a little bit unsure of. Car always wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: What were you nervous about?
Speaker 2: Just nervous about the fact that you're not in the hospital. H So that's the natural. But I mean, Karen knows what she's doing, and it's the most magnificent thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: You had a couple of midwives there as well.
Speaker 2: Two midwives who were just as good as it gets midwives. Oh my gosh, if you're a midwife and you're listening. You are amazing because what you do and just how much of a difference you make is just huge.
Speaker 3: Is there some point when you're watching Cara go through it that you want her to have drugs, like you want to take the pain away?
Speaker 2: Well, there certainly was the first time, because you're like, oh my gosh, that is just ridiculous, a ridiculous amount of pain that you're in and is there any way that you can help And you're like, well, the only sort of option is drug. But you do get to the point where drug is too late.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people who go, oh, I'm going to do the drug throat free thing, go no, actually I want that, and they go, sorry, too late past that point. Yeah, but yeah, just ridiculous. What was funny as well, was that so we've got this big sort of birthing pool yep, which kind of looks like one of those inflatable spa bus. Yeah right, they're quite big. Yeah, it took up the whole living room. Yeah. As we bumped it up, Car started having contractions about four o'clock, so I was ready to go by sort of seven or eight, and it's got some water, and the kids going, we're going to the poor We're in, We're going into the pool, and I know that this is not a pool for you guys. And then lottier three year old comes out with their bath toys chucks them in. No, this is not one of those sort of baths.
Speaker 3: This is mummy special bath. What's been the kid's reaction to a new baby brother mixed?
Speaker 2: Lotty unbelievable. It's Lotty's little Sonny. Now Henry, I don't reckon he was too short at the start, but then Sonny and bless him. Unbelievable stuff, considering just what sort of form that is in. He actually gave Henry a little lego set.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, and that instant very well. Good of Sonny to duck down to the shops at two days old and get the brother a lego set.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And what I will say, if there's some blokes down there and you're thinking about having a home birth, or even a water birth at home particular, what I will say, this might actually get you over the line. So obviously there's a lot of water. Yeah, there's the birthing process, and then you've got to get rid of the water. Yeah, and so the whole time, I like, what do we do here? And the midwife explained it. They attached a pump and a big hose, so literally it's a long hose as well. Yeah, it's quarter to twelve. It was around about actually about one o'clock in the morning. Yeah, I'm hosing down getting rid of this water onto my front lawn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The water is obviously still warm as well. Yeah, but I just imagine as well, and even right now the lawn is starting to come through unbelievably thick and lushes. It's very, very nutritious, So I'd imagine that. Yeah, that's that birth water is going to do our lawn some genuine favors.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question? What happens to the placenta when you have a home birth? What do you do with that?
Speaker 2: They eat it? I think I don't actually know.
Speaker 1: Some people do eat it, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: We talking about that.
Speaker 3: Some people plant it under a tree.
Speaker 2: What that's obviously supposed to do the tree? Plenty of favors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some people get it like broken down into capsules and have it like you know.
Speaker 2: We say, some people. Are they some people that you know?
Speaker 3: I don't know anyone who's ever eaten their own percent to know, right, but you might be the first.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not eating a trust me. Thirteen twenty four ten, did you eat a plus?
Speaker 3: Hey? Congratulations? Like I speak on behalf of all the girls in here, we are so thrilled for you and just watching you looking at photos of your new baby with the siblings and tearing up has just been one of the most gorgeous things we've ever seen. So congratulations to you and Dakara, who's a legend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, jos And yes, it's another remind it's a third time that I've been reminded that whatever pain I've got, it doesn't matter if it's if it's the most ingrown toe nail in the world, it is nothing compared to child. Oh my gosh, y Adelaides. Yeah, Monday morning, eight thirty eight, and you're need a top of twenty four degrees and have it on hazy returns shows.
Speaker 3: This is a good one.
Speaker 2: It's a really good one, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We're sort of trying to one up each other with this segment at the moment. Yeah, so, you of course have had the City Bay. You took a heap of listeners along to the state of origin. Then I had afl W on the balcony at the Precinct down there at Alton on Saturday, which was amazing, got a corgeous a little note from Naomi who said, thanks for the for a great Chicks afternoon out. And now you've announced you're going, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're going to Harvest Rock year twenty eighth of October. So I mean, this song's going to play very very soon. A dark hunt could get luking. And the trivia behind this is that Niel Rodgers and actually wrote the song.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Nol Rodgers of course, one of the performers for Harvest Rock in amongst Jamiroquai, Tash Sultana, Oceanlly Paul, Kelly Berner founding Bright Eyes plenty more. How good.
Speaker 3: So when you hear that song thirteen twenty four ten, if you get through, you could be heading along to have it on Haze And you can also register find the Nova Player app or online at nov FM for your chance.
Speaker 2: To come inside twenty minutes. But it is Monday morning round about eight forty so weird.
Speaker 1: Little due you telling me that you've built a time machine.
Speaker 2: That's hazyes on this daisy Monday, beautiful sexy Monday. Let's attack this thing with some knowledge and just a real purpose. Yeah, you know what I mean, that's all we need.
Speaker 3: I feel like this Monday is given out a vibe too, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Monday, the ninth of October. Let's go back to nineteen seventy one. Hey, hey, it's Saturday. Began on GTV nine in Melbourne. Dry Saturday.
Speaker 1: I know you coulture bubs.
Speaker 2: Let your it for these That was such a staple in our household. And then Dickeye would jump ou there and you're like, what's he doing? Who is he? What's going on? What is his face looking on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're done.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety two, a twelve point six kilo meteorite smashed into a car owned by American girl Michelle Nap. Nap, who's seventeen, was watching TV when she heard a mash. She'd crashed. The meteor smashed into a car that she just bought for three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: If you're feelthy, wouldn't you threw out a.
Speaker 2: Buck car as well? It was back in the nineties, inflation, all that sort of stuff. Luckily for Nap, a meteorite enthusiast bought the dinged up car for twenty five thousand dollars. She then sold the meteorite for fifty thousand dollars. That's ridiculous, my gosh. Two thousand and four, Chapel Corby was arrested in a barley when it was discovered that her bodyboard bag contained four point two kilos of marrajuana.
Speaker 7: It's a fury from Korby's sister and mother directed squarely at the judges.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's that doing there? She's like, I don't know what that is. I've never seen it before in my life. And she was like, God, I'm hungry's is there anyhips? Some chips and some dip too? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're like how high are you? And she was like, hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: You know what she does now? She makes clocks. She makes tropical clocks and sells them on the internet and they're actually really really pretty. She paints them, hand paints them and then puts sets them in glass and sells them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Don't you follow her in stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh no, God, yeah, I'm the loser and I'm following Chapelle well, I'm the one who's missing out numb one song on October nine, two thousand, Most Girls by Pink. Yeah, Pink just one of those artists who rarely puts out a bad song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't miss can.
Speaker 2: She loves delivering a message too. Yeah, good on her solid message in this one as well. See if you can work.
Speaker 4: It out too much for love?
Speaker 3: Hey you survey alert?
Speaker 2: Oh my, been waiting for this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So a new survey conducted by KPMG of three hundred and twenty five CEOs found that two thirds of Australian bosses believe that traditional white collar workers will be back in the office full time within three years.
Speaker 2: They expect that to happen or they hope that happened.
Speaker 3: Well, they're saying they expect it to happen, so signaling that workers have until twenty twenty six to say goodbye to hybrid working. Ozzie bosses say they are less inclined also to reward their workers for going into the office, with seventy five percent saying they would compare to eighty nine percent globally. So basically like giving people perks for coming back in Yeah, okay, it's a real interesting one, the old working from home, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like you've got some strong thoughts on you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just I don't know why my brain goes there, but I when people work from home, I go, are you really working? Only because on thesis that I've had to work from home, I get distracted, like by a pile of washing or if there's dishes in the sink, or I just find it really hard to stick to my task. And I've worked from home, like done radio from home, like coming back from maternity leave, and it's just impossible, particularly when you've got a baby crying at the other end of the house and you're like, I just can't. I'd be midbreak and a toddler would scream in and like, I just I find it really hard. Having said that, I think COVID showed us that you don't necessarily need to be tethered to your desk like that you can get some stuff done at home. Like I don't mind the old. You know, if you need to be at home because your kids are sick or whatever, go for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I sort of feel like if if the work's getting done, it's at a high standard, why I need to come to work. I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever worked from what.
Speaker 2: I've never worked from home, So even when we were still working through during the pandemic, I always goes back to the sn't it. I'd have to go into the studio. Yeah, and everyone else is basically starting home, so I have to be pushing the Buttonsah, of course. So I've never had a chance to work from home, okay, And who knows what sort of distractions are waiting for me at home?
Speaker 3: Oh, you've got three children under the age of what, well.
Speaker 2: Five now to three to a few days.
Speaker 3: If you did miss that news this morning Hazy had a little baby on Friday, or you didn't have it your wife did?
Speaker 2: She definitely had it. Yeah, Oh I'd sell what if I had, I would have been taking every duol anyway.
Speaker 4: Abs thoughts, Do I have some thoughts on this? I was the same as Hazy all through the pandemic. I had to work in the office and everyone was like, oh my god, it's so amazing just rolling out of bed and like, you know, I can just work from home. And I hated those people in saying that. Though there's two sides to it. Obviously, you know, if something happens, you've got kids who are sick, or you know, your car's broken down, whatever. I don't think working from home one or two days a week is a big deal. But the the other side of that, I was so lonely in the office because I was on my own. Literally no one was there, and I kept thinking if I had a heart attack and died, no one would know until tomorrow. So for me, I had no one in the office. I was all alone. There was no you know, there was nothing, so to me get back in the office. This is what being a humans all about, connection and having I think a good culture is being together. I get up grumpy and I get to work and you guys put me in a good mood. If I didn't have this every single day, I would be just grumpy all the time. And we don't want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when you know as well. You come to work and you're like, oh, here we go, Adelaide. Hello, I just look.
Speaker 4: At what we do, like when we have our birthdays and all that sort of thing. Getting together in the office is so much better than being home on your own. In saying that Friday, when I leave here, I have two other jobs and I work from home then, but I get so distracted. Yeah, so I would prefer to be in an office setting to get work done.
Speaker 3: Here's a question too, does it build a bit of resentment for those people that do have to come into the office all the time? Towards those people that are like, ah, I've just made the choice. I'm going to work from home today. Like when when did it turn around so you could actually choose when you can come into work when you can't?
Speaker 2: Gen Z, Yeah, gen Z are pushing this really hard. Yeah, and it's almost part of a genuine prerequisite for employment. No no, no, no, all to you where and when I want to work and how much may give me? Yeah, and exactly what I want to do.
Speaker 4: Right, But I think it's time. I think it's time. It's time to come back into the office. Yeah, it's time. You've got foot traffic through the mall, You've got all our cafes and stuff open, like it's time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Happy for two professions though, to work from home permanently, and that is parking inspectors.
Speaker 3: Yes, an.
Speaker 2: It's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you announced this this morning. You are going to hook people up with a double pass to the harvest Rock Gestival.
Speaker 2: Harvest Rock. What about some of the names shimiroka I, Beck, No Rogers, Sultana, Oceanality, Paul Kelly if you don't mind, Dennis Silver, it's up Taxi cab two words, very good, sat a hell of a time, very much fun.
Speaker 3: The feature song this morning was Get Lucky. You just heard it and Zalia from Paradise You're getting lucky. Hello, Hello, you're off to Harvest Rock.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: That is our pleasure.
Speaker 2: Good stuff there, Sally, I got a little double pass for you. You're going to bring along?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't even know yet. I haven't even thought about it. I didn't think i'd win. No, she won ten seconds ago. Mate, we don't have to say no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, Zalia, I don't want to go in specifics bits your sort of music. What are you into a definitely. I'm so excited to see Oceanali and film with Plumber.
Speaker 6: I've seen them a couple of times before and they're soul mate me too.
Speaker 2: My gosh, we're going to go off, so.
Speaker 3: We'll see there's Aali so much bye, thank you. What a lovely way to enter the show this morning.
Speaker 2: We'll see you there. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I just said. Actually I tried to say something.
Speaker 2: No, you said, we'll see you there. So confirmation Joes is coming. I'm coming beautiful twenty out of Octava.
Speaker 3: Hell of and I try and stop me.
Speaker 2: Impossible for U. It's been a big show, big show.
Speaker 3: I just said to you. It's flowing this morning, Monday morning. It's gone very quickly, so much fun.
Speaker 2: It was pay your bills returns at first thing tomorrow morning with us seven thirty. But keep it locked to know throughout the day I made in DC, going to take care of you and also songs the song songs back tomorrow. No no, no, no, You're a winnow week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, there's a lot of pressure to make it up. I would quite like to meet your baby today. Is that gonna be possible.
Speaker 2: I'll text him, see what you.
Speaker 3: He's like on the boob.
Speaker 2: On the teak. Alright, it was Monday morning. Joke off. Let's have a little bit of a ref on that turn. Wait to say