Speaker 1: Lelands and Generalman.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the late de Base.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm KYLEB. Bond with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand, who is once again engrossed in the cryptic crossword. Later tonight we will show you the shocking numbers out of the United States about the number of people who think it would be justified to murder Elon Musk and Donald Trump. I promise you it will shock you, or maybe not if you think as much of the left as I do. In the papers, could Chris Bowen lose his seat? Will show you some new polling. And the Victorian labor powerbrokers are circling in on Jacinda Allen. She's apparently going to be given the heave ho. And a bit later, the dire wolf, which has been extinct for ten thousand years, has been quote unquote de extincted in a lab. We'll tell you a little bit more about that and the ethics of bringing back extinct animals. Now, of course, earlier tonight here on Sky News you would have seen the very first Treasurer's debate between Jim Charmers and Angus Taylor. It was slightly more interesting, I thought than the debate we got last night. There was a bit of biff, thank god, which was good. We actually got to see some difference between these two potential treasures. One of course, already is the treasurer. Angus Taylor wants to be the treasurer. One of the most interesting moments I think was a question that was set up first by Ross Greenwood, one that was then continued on by Angus Taylor. It gave a little bit of a gotcha moment to Jim Charmers. We'll start with Ross Greenwood.
Speaker 4: Will you apologize to the people of Australia tonight having your government having said that energy prices would come down by two hundred and seventy five dollars when in actual fact, average prices according to the Financial Review, are at least five hundred dollars more than what they were at that time. So you said two hundred and seventy five? Will you apologize to people of this Rather.
Speaker 5: I take responsibility for all of the decisions that we've taken in our budget, so you will apologize. Let me finish, including the fact that energy prices energy bills last year were three hundred dollars cheaper because of our energy rebates than Angus didn't.
Speaker 3: Support Ross then gave both men an opportunity to ask a question of each other. So Angus Taylor asked exactly the same question.
Speaker 6: You've seen, and you've over seen the biggest collapse in our living standards in history, bigger than any of our peer countries in the world. Will you apologize to Australians.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I mean Angus wrote down that question and then you asked it, and he didn't have the ability to think up a second question.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm giving you another gau Jim.
Speaker 3: It was an easy kick for charmers, it has to be said. He also had another interesting line tonight about Dougie Sucker fans, And.
Speaker 5: Here I think we've got the first contrast of the debate tonight, the first choice, because we've got a Prime Minister standing up for and speaking up for Australia, and we've got an opposition leader and an opposition which is absolutely full of these kind of those sicker fans who have hitched their wagon to American style slogans and policies and especially cuts which would make Australians worse off.
Speaker 3: Now I have to say, overall, I think Jim Charmers won this debate. It felt like he was punchier, he was on the front foot, Angus Taylor seemed a little bit nervous and on the back foot most.
Speaker 4: Of the time.
Speaker 3: Having said that, I do think Taylor performed better than I expected. He showed that he could, at least to some degree, put up a fight to Jim Charmers. Charmers is a good performer in these kinds of situations. I'll come back to it a little bit later in terms of some things that I think Taylor could have done better at, But he did hit some good points, particularly talking about the cost of living and the danger that labor is to the country and what they have wrought upon people over the last three years.
Speaker 6: Jenfp per Kapita has gone backwards for twenty one months in a row under your so called stewardship, Jim. And the result of that is our household standard of living, what our incomes combined him of goods and services, has collapsed in an unprecedented way seven point nine percent since she came into government.
Speaker 1: The buffers are gone.
Speaker 2: If you look.
Speaker 6: At household budgets that they're deep into digging into their savings, and.
Speaker 3: All of this is great, but there are two points I think that Taylor really could have taken the fight up against Charmers on, and he missed. One of them was when Jim Charmers started talking about cost of living relief and how the government had provided cost of living relief in the form of power subsidy of course, to the tune of three hundred dollars, and they're now extending that to the end of this year. And he said, well, you know, if it weren't for that, people would have been worse off. And the opposition didn't support those measures. All of that is true, but why did Angus Taylor not then turn around and say, look, it's all good and well for you to say you are helping people with the cost of living, but how about how you've contributed to the increase in the cost of living. He could have then listed off the increase in power bills and one hundred other things and saying, well, how can you possibly say you've made the cost of living better when you are actually, in many cases the root cause of the cost of living getting worse. He didn't hit on that one. And the other one that really annoyed me was Jim Charmers talking about economic growth and new businesses. I think the number he used was about eighty thousand new businesses have been created in this term of government. Well, why did Angus Taylor not turn around and say, did you not read the AFR last month, doctor Charmers where it said that more than seventy five percent of the jobs that were created in this country last year were created in government funded sectors. Sure, there might be eighty thousand more businesses in this country than there were when you came to power. Not to mention all the other ones that have gone bust, will leave that to one side. But fundamentally, the jobs that are being created in new business in these countries in this country, sorry, is not because business is booming. It's because the government is paying for it. If the government was not stumping up money for things like the nda is, you wouldn't have any growth in the private sector whatsoever. I think there are a few of those moments that lead me to think that on paper, and this is not a judgment on the substance, but on the performance tonight, Jim Chalmers won that debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look I think he did.
Speaker 7: I think both played pretty well, and I think it was actually more sort of fiery and sort of combative and almost fun to watch in the leader's debate, which is a very different style because you don't want to get too feisty in front of voters who are sick of politicians fighting with each other at the best of time.
Speaker 2: So in a TV studio it's a bit more like a cage match. You can really go for it.
Speaker 7: And you know, for old Ross Greenwood, it cleends to cop a few homemakers. He's big and ugly enough to handle it. So I think it did really well, and Ross did well. I think just Angus Taylor though, I just think, and this has been a occurring sort of criticism I've heard from people on his own side as well as obviously on the other, he's just not a detailed guy. He's just the actual you know, how are you going to fix these problems? And he keeps having we we'll manage the economy. Well, yeah, that's the job description of the treasurer, but how are you going to do it? And said, well, you know, we will drive growth, and it's like, well, yeah, everyone wants to drive growth, but you know, so we'll have growth, We'll have growth in the private sector. And Ross green would actually at one point said, you know, how are you going to manage the economy into a downturn? He says, well, you know, you know, by creating growth, and rosscreen He goes, but the definition of a downturn is there is no growth, So what are you going to do? And it just didn't happen to be that, And and charmers again. You know, yes, there's a cost of living crisis. Yes we're about to copy trade war. So it's not a particularly sunny scenario. But he showed that he was at least across it. He could point to things good, point to specific measures that he was doing a good point to specific outlooks. And you know, if you look at the actual figures that these guys were rattling off, it was ninety percent charmers. And you had Angus Tail there who was just more about the vibe. And I think that was what what Ross Greenwood was getting to when he was saying, look, a criticism of you is that you're just not doing the work. And we've seen, i think elsewhere in the coalition campaign just how damage it can be when you haven't done the work. You haven't got the details and you haven't got the specifics because of course that is the whole in your sort of front line that your opponents are going to drive a truck through.
Speaker 8: Charmers. Really didn't miss a trick. Here's one grab from tonight's debate where he started out talking about these secret cuts that the Liberals are going to have to make in order to fund new clear on there's going to be cuts to everything, and didn't miss the opportunity to make it about Medicare and what's happened to the past.
Speaker 5: Angus has gone to the election with three policies, first of all, to increase income taxes on every Australian taxpayer, second of all lower wages, and thirdly secret cuts to pay for nuclear reactors. And you can't find six hundred billion dollars to pay for those nuclear reactors without coming after Medicare, just like Peter Dutton did when he was the Health Minister.
Speaker 8: Sharp as attack, I got to say I also give him the gong tonight, and this was so much more entertaining.
Speaker 1: You've got to agree with me.
Speaker 8: Last night my eyes were glazed over with bottom as elbow and Dutts there was no fisty cuffs, but these guys, it was an absolute corker.
Speaker 1: But what I think for.
Speaker 8: The average Australians sitting at home watching this, all it sounds like is two guys saying everything's great, We've been doing so well, look at these stats, aren't you impressed.
Speaker 1: And the other guy being like, no, he's lying.
Speaker 8: We're not doing very well at all, and we're going to do better, and then charmers pipes in saying well, how are you going to do better?
Speaker 1: You're not doing it.
Speaker 8: What it sounds like is two guys saying, for the better part of an hour.
Speaker 1: Your line, no, you're lying.
Speaker 8: What he just said isn't true, and you walk away going if you're an average punter, okay, who is telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Someone's lying and I don't know who was.
Speaker 8: Much like last night when Peter Dutton said to Albo your government has spent more than any government in forty years, and Albo just claps back immediately saying well that's.
Speaker 1: Just not true, and we're all.
Speaker 8: Sat at homegoing, well, who's telling the truth.
Speaker 1: So that's where I feel like.
Speaker 8: These debates, as entertaining as this one was, and I very much enjoyed it. I think for the average Australian who's trying to follow along at home, that's all it sounds like.
Speaker 3: And I found I think it's indicative of the way politics is played these days as well, is that politics is not played on the front foot. It's played on the back foot. It's not about the vision, it's about, well, what's happening right now. And that's essentially what they were debate tonight. They weren't really debating what Australia is going to look like in three years now, it's look like in a decade's time. What they were debating is what Australia is going to look like maybe in six months time, what it's looked like for the last three years. It's just absent, entirely absent from politics now, it would seem. And again it goes to my point I was making about Angus Taylor, like, you know, why didn't he pick up on things like the fact that more than seventy five percent of jobs created in this country last year were in government related sectors. Say that and then give us a vision for how you're actually going to boost the private sector.
Speaker 2: But that's just not how they growth. Yeah, we'll growth, but this is just managing the economy. That's how well done growing.
Speaker 3: That's not how politics prey anymore. And I think we're all worse off for it, to be perfectly honest. One of my favorite moments, though, before we move on, I have to say, is he gave Ross green Wood, gave, gave, and then took away to each of them, n Jim Charmers and Angus Taylor. To Angus Taylor, he said, everyone I talk to says, you know, you've got a mighty intellecture, a Rhodes scholar. You've been told since you're a kid that you'll be prime minister when you grew up. You were essentially made for this job. But people say that you don't put in the work. And he sort of danced around that. Then he said to Jim Chalmers, everyone I talked to you says, you're across your brief. You've got the numbers, Your work hard, your staff work hard, but you've got one floor. And I think Charmers in his response, actually proved it.
Speaker 4: The one thing they say is you've got a bit of a glass jaw that you don't cop criticism well, or just say that.
Speaker 5: I think over time, I've learned to understand that you take the good with the bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the glass kind of comes through.
Speaker 8: At the very moment where the last thing you should do is get defensive, and he got defensive to Queensland. Now where a university student at the University of the Sunshine Coast there's lost points on an assessment because she didn't do a welcome to country.
Speaker 1: She's in the last two.
Speaker 8: Weeks of her course, the course being crime Diversity and what was the rest of the name of it, Crime Diversity and Justice, so rather broad and she'd given this oral assessment.
Speaker 1: So imagine her shock when she gets her marks back.
Speaker 8: And here's a clip of the screenshot of the feedback she got. An acknowledgment of country would have been appropriate, writes the marker, given your chosen topic of course.
Speaker 1: The student was taken aback.
Speaker 8: By this, given it wasn't in the criteria for the assessment. Now, anyone who's been a student knows we pour over the criteria to make sure you've ticked every box and that you can't be marked down on something that obvious. If they've asked for it, you give it to them. But it was not asked for therefore she did not do it. She took it up with the lecturer. She said, excuse me, have I been marked down, to which they confess to her. Had you included a welcome to country, you would have got one or two more points. Here is the student who's chosen to remain anonymous for obvious reasons, speaking to four BC today.
Speaker 9: And the fact that it was on a criteria sheet, you know, and I still got marked down for it. That's pretty annoying. And you know, especially I'm paying sixty grand for this degree. It's really not fair. These classes are very judgmental. You feel like you'd say something and you'd get threatened or like just looked that funny if you didn't believe the same things. Even one of the lecturers, like she definitely had her own opinions, and if you didn't believe that, you looked upon differently.
Speaker 8: It's what we know is going on in classrooms, not only in our schools, but also.
Speaker 1: In our universities. Now.
Speaker 8: It was just last month talking about mcquarie University including a mandatory welcome to country in one of their law courses.
Speaker 1: Once that got blasted in the.
Speaker 8: Media, they turfed it as they should then just Monday night we discussed a senior law lecturer at the University of Queensland.
Speaker 1: Who was threatening.
Speaker 8: Her students regarding their future prospects because they got up at one point in her lecture in which she was majoring on all things Indigenous and walked out. The level of brainwashing happening in these universities is being laid bare by these students who are bravely blowing the whistle on their own lecturers.
Speaker 3: Well, is it any wonder that our academic results just keep going through the floor. I mean, if this is the stuff that you now get marked on, whether you put an acknowledgment of country in your essay or I mean, it has nothing to do with the academic rigor of the work you have put together. It's like saying you get extra marks because the font on the front of it look nice. I mean, it has no bearing on the contents of what you have written. Surely you ought to be marked on whether the essay you've written a makes sense and is spelt properly, and if you're writing about diversity, crime and justice relates to that topic and is factually correct. That's what it's all about, is it not? If we're going to start saying you get to points for acknowledgment of country. It's wrote learning is what they're trying to do is that you you must do this because we tell you you must do this. And the thing that saddens me the most about this every time we see an example like this, or you go to an event and every speaker gets up and gives their own acknowledgment of country, even though the MC is the one at the start, and then everyone starts groaning and going.
Speaker 7: On God exactly.
Speaker 3: But the thing that saddens me the most about it is it's when they go overboard like that that people truly do start to go, well, I don't care about any Indigenous issues anymore because they feel like it's been rammed down their throat all the time. The people who are pushing this stuff forward because they think they're doing great things for the Indigenous community are actually hurting.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 7: And you're actually seeing Indigenous speak Indigenous bodies saying you know what, enough with the acknowledgement of the country.
Speaker 2: It's become tokenistic.
Speaker 7: It's become sort of a perfunctory, performative thing that actually has no real value. It certainly doesn't change anything. It doesn't improve a lot of Indigenous people in Australia, which is something we really need to do.
Speaker 2: And they're say, we're going to get to that shortly.
Speaker 7: And again this was just a I mean, this wasn't even I mean, this wasn't even essay. It was just someone standing up and giving an oral presentation. Presumably that facility at which that was happening, where there were god knows how many other students doing presentations. Presumably if people were that exercised about having an acknowledgment of country, and the teachers and the markers who were presumably they're listening on the same bit of country listening to the student were there too, but they're to hear it, they would have actually done the thing to say if they cared that much. But again it just makes no difference whatsoever. It's not relevant to the actual coursework.
Speaker 8: She wants to be a policewoman, and it's like, how dare you not do it?
Speaker 7: Welcome, I'd like to know that I'm giving you a breathalyzer. But it's just it's ridiculous and it actually hurts things. It's things like this, which is why the Voice referendum went down because there was stigma and why as we're about to find out, real issues Indigenous communities are not being adequately addressed exactly.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned that these real issues that are not being addressed, I could not believe today. And props to Matt Cunningham for taking this up and Just Enterprise as well. Our Watch, which is supposedly an anti domestic violence group they get to twenty million dollars in funding every year from the federal government, put out this booklet to media about how to report on issues of violence in Indigenous communities. And in this booklet, they say, when you talking about domestic violence or family violence in Indigenous communities, particularly against women, quote, do not suggest violence is part of Indigenous culture, by which they're saying that if you link the violence that is happening to Indigenous women in particular to the fact that it's Indigenous people perpetrating it, you are somehow racist. And by doing that, what they effectively do is shut down any discussion about why there are massive rates of violence in Indigenous communities. Thirty four times more likely Indigenous women are in this country than anyone else to be hospitalized with domestic violence related injuries. There are eleven times more likely than anyone else to be killed through domestic violence. Seventy two percent of assaults that result in hospitalization for Indigenous women are because of family violence, and about ninety percent of the violence committed against Aboriginal women in this country is believed to not be reported. We have a serious problem here, and you have a supposedly anti domestic violence group saying we can't talk about the real issues just siner nemperduper price as you can imagine, saw red and said, this is gas lighting Indigenous people.
Speaker 1: Suggest that.
Speaker 10: Violence is not used in traditional cultural related to traditional culture and not impacting the rates of violence we see in communities and interpersonal violence. Now is to gaslight the Australian public and is to control the controlled journalism in reporting. That is a form of gas lighting and silencing and doesn't do any good whatsoever for domestic and family violence victims, especially women who live in remote communities, who live under traditional customery law and those sorts of issues.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is not me a white man saying it. It is an Aboriginal woman saying the idea that this is not somehow linked to indigenous culture is not her experience as an Indigenous woman and our Northern Territory, corresponded Matt Cunningham earlier this morning on am Agenda, explained very succinctly why this is an issue we do need to talk about.
Speaker 11: You know, more than eighty women have been killed in the Northern Territory in domestic violence incidents in the past two decades, and I think about seventy eight of those women are Aboriginal and the vast majority of the perpetrators in those cases Aboriginal men. We've seen an eighty two percent increase over the last eight years in violence against women domestic violence in the Northern Territory. Again, the vast majority of the victims are Aboriginal women and the vast majority of the perpetrators are Aboriginal men.
Speaker 3: And shocking, and yet one of the peak anti domestic violence groups in the country, Joe says, we shouldn't be talking about whether this is a cultural problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, it's completely ridiculous. Now some of the you know, the stats you mentioned, they're absolutely correct. They come from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare and they were raised by just enter Price alongside Josephine Cashman and Marshall Langton back when they were all friends at the National Press Club years.
Speaker 1: Ago, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was about ten years ago that I was about saying, so, yeah, that'd be about right. And I just remember seeing that, I remember listening to it live as it was happening. I remember seeing it was on the front page of this Joy And the next day I thought, this is it finally, because this is something that you know, i'd been talking about as well and having you know, there's fights with crazy social justice warriors on Twitter who were insisting that there was no sort of correlation between you know, remote disadvantage indigenous communities and domestic violence. There were people that, honestly, people who said, oh, well yeah, just because all the victims are much more likely to be indigenous, how do we know it's not just white men and coming to these communities and doing all this like I don't know clear that person has never ever ever been to one of these communities, and and it just it just did my head in because, of course, and I've spoken to these people. I've spoken to just Center Price about her own experience with domestic advance, which I did not believe was actually at the hand of indigenous man, but she certainly knows how terrible it is. And and you know, I've spoken to people about you know, women coming from will Kenya to the to the Parliament. They ended up speaking Indigenous antists coming from will CanYa to the National Parliament, and they ended up speaking to Pauline Hanson because no one else would talk to them, none of the actual people would talk to them. And I think they couldn't get any media there. I think for maybe maybe the SBS rocked up or maybe and I think the National Indigenous TV and ITV rocked up, and I don't I think they ended up sort of burying the yarn. They didn't seem to be any adequate explanation for that. There were you know, urban indigenous activists who then kind of took the piss out of them and we're kind of saying, was this this isn't a real story, and it's amazing, it's amazing, And all of this happened, All of this happened in plain view. This is on social media or in mainstream media, and you just wonder how many more people have to die, how many more women, how many more black women, Indigenous women. Are these activists happy to see die just so they can perpetuate a kind of false narrative or just so they can, you know, fight against racism wherever they see it. There is the most racist thing you could possibly do, exactly to continue to allow the most vulnerable cohort of women in the country to die, to be attacked, to be hospitalized, to be I mean, my wife worked in the in Tea for years and some of the you know a little bit Matt Cunningham as well, some of the stories of the viciousness of these attacks. You just would not believe that unrepeatable here. How many more are they prepared to tolerate by just pretending that everything's okay and there's no correlation, there's nothing to see here, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a racist. I mean, that is literally the definition of racism, because you're happy to see black women die in a way that would never be tolerated in the broader community. Just to pretend that everything's the fault of colonization and not the fault of some men, not or by any stretch, but some men in these indigenous communities, and.
Speaker 8: Denying the lived experience of these women. That's essentially what you're talking where it's just protecting the men at the expense of the women. It's utterly infuriating. I remember a two thousand and four case in which a fifty five year old Indigenous man had rate to fourteen year old and assaulted.
Speaker 1: Her with a boomerang, and he pleaded guilty to this.
Speaker 8: But the fellow was genuinely astounded because to his understanding of no understanding of white men's law, but to his understanding of Aboriginal law, neither of these things were off the table, and that's his understanding.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking to every Indigenous person's understanding.
Speaker 8: Of indigenous law, but to say that there aren't cultural elements of this that someone can say, to be honest, I was completely ignorant that this wasn't even something that was allowed.
Speaker 7: Sina has talked to me about that sort of stuff, and I just do not have the knowledge of it. She has said sort of similar things that there are these kind of trace elements. But I think the problem is not that there's any genuine indigenous culture that legitimizes this.
Speaker 2: The problem is that this is happening for various reasons.
Speaker 7: Including poverty, you know, booze, substance, unemployment, all these things that we know contributes to social dysfunction. This is happening disproportionately in Indigenous communities because of that social breakdown and dysfunction. And whether or not it's a part of actual genuine Indigenous culture, I do not know, but there is clearly a correlation and we need to shine more of a light on these things, not say oh no, you can't talk about.
Speaker 3: It exactly, and of because our watches are suggesting is that these discussions are off the table, which is ridiculous. You don't fix a problem if you can't talk about it. And it's astounding how fast, particularly white inner city lefties in this country will rush to talk about Australia Day or the Voice or you know, colonization and all these other.
Speaker 2: Blog bands are racist. Yes, so we've got to let.
Speaker 3: The grog flow and we've got to change the flag and all these other things that actually make no material difference to the life of any Indigenous person in this country, but they're easy to talk about and you know, it makes them feel good, and it just it frustrates me so much that we just cannot talk genuinely about these issues, and of course if you are affected by any of these issues, you can call the number that we will show on the screen.
Speaker 8: Well, on Sunday we all saw the Liberal Party stand down Ben Britten from running for the seat of Whitlam because he had said ed shock, horror, women should not be on the front lines of combat. They are not suited to combat roles. And he very eloquently explained his position and the Libs turfed him saying, oh, well, these aren't in line with our views. Well, some very astute observers have then bought up the fact that Andrew Hasty said the exact same thing in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 12: Here he was then my personal view, since you've asked me, is that close combat roles are incredibly exacting. That's why we have rigorous selection courses. And my personal view is that the fighting DNA of a close combat unit is best preserved when it's exclusively male.
Speaker 1: Who among us would disagree.
Speaker 8: But now that Labor has had this brought to light, Richard Miles, who is the Defense Minister, obviously Andrew Hasty being the shadow Defense Minister, Richard Miles has decided well for this crime of acknowledging the bleeding of v S.
Speaker 1: Andrew Hasty has got to go.
Speaker 5: It is utterly untenable that the alternative defense Minister of this country has a view that women should not be serving in combat roles.
Speaker 1: Untenable.
Speaker 8: It's just an acknowledgment of the obvious.
Speaker 1: I couldn't have.
Speaker 8: Agreed more heartily with another combat veteran who called into three AW today to give us a very practical reason why women should be nowhere near the front lines.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 13: I've got the greatest respect for women in uniform. They can do all sorts of things. But in a combat unit, if I'm unconscious or wounded and they have to carry me off the battlefield, well, I'm six foot three on away one hundred and ten kilos more with all mcgearon. They are unlikely to carry me over their shoulder off the battlefield. If I'm unconscious in the hatch of an armored vehicle, they're unlike we'll be able to reach down and pull me out of the burning vehicle. So my safety's compromised, and we make safety is compromised unless they can do that.
Speaker 1: Who among us would disagree with that? Mate? If you're in any of those situations, and I toddle along. Just know you're going to die in the best of company. But that's the best I can do for you, both women, Even the fittest I own dumbells.
Speaker 8: By the way, even the fittest we've got the upper body strength of a dead guinea pig compared to even the weakest of men. This is how God designed us, period. And the fact that Ben Britton was stood down now means of course the Dutton's got egg all over his face. The last thing he needs now is more egg on that face. But he's got it because you stood Ben Britton down for saying this, buddy, and your own shadow Minister of Defense who's also been on the front line, so jolly well knows far better than you said it years ago. So how do you explain your way out of this one? I you don't think you can.
Speaker 2: I think you can. I'm going to give it a red hot guy.
Speaker 7: Firstly, Andrew Hasty did not say that in the middle of an election campaign. And when you are in the middle of election campaign, all these things are hyper sensitive and they're sort of ratcheted up to eleven, so they take on a much much greater importance. Than to what you might say as a purely personal view, so not a matter of government policy.
Speaker 2: But this is his own that's not fair.
Speaker 1: So it's down to time and yes.
Speaker 2: And he was not.
Speaker 7: And of course it is yeah, absolutely an election campaign, the rules are completely different and you just have to make really quick, immediate hard decisions to limit quarterize whatever damage you see coming so you don't there is zero tolerance for mistakes and any mistakes that are made have to be immediately quarterized.
Speaker 8: And so from this though, I mean I was astounded that he did this, No, I dare say the base, much like me, was like, what the hell do you think.
Speaker 2: Is going to vote from anyway?
Speaker 7: So this is the thing he has to win over undecided voters, soft voters, and he really really really has to win over women because that is where Peter Dutton's support is softest, is weakest, but get women voters, he doesn't get elected. And so if he lets comments like this stand in an election campaign, and of course you know the Labor Party would have been sitting on them for a while and then drop them out.
Speaker 3: And this is what the males is trying to play on.
Speaker 2: I don't think the woman problem that I don't think that will get it.
Speaker 7: Firstly, I am not going to say anything negative about a former SAS captain who has served his country with absolute distinction. And I like Andrew Hasty and I think he's a very decent man, and I think the way he made those comments were extremely.
Speaker 2: Sort of thoughtful.
Speaker 7: He stressed that it was his personal view, he gave his sort of thinking for it. I mean, by that definition, pretty much every man I know would also not qualify for the combat unit, because I don't think I held any of my mates.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple of mates chance that's not pure muscle.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think if a woman can get up to the necessary physical standards, but they.
Speaker 1: Lowered, and that's.
Speaker 3: If everyone met the same standard, I don't think.
Speaker 7: We need more troops than those standards do need to be lower or maybe that is something Well, two people who pull.
Speaker 3: Out, we can we can talk to your mate about whether one hundred and ten kilos of pure VB could get you over the last and you're not one hundred and ten kilos and it's not pure V but it's pure Pikes reasons and a.
Speaker 2: Bit of Crown lagger because I'm aspirationing.
Speaker 1: This man is on KFC. I have no idea how you remain spell that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Genuinely, I don't know the last time I had a crowdy. Actually, no, I do know the last time I had a crowdy.
Speaker 1: I had a crowdy a.
Speaker 3: Couple of months ago, actually because I was like, I couldn't remember the last time I had one, and I thought, well, I've got to do it, just to say I've done it now. I told you at the top of the show that i'd give you some shocking numbers when it comes to how many people want Donald Trump and Elon Musk dead, and here they are, like, this is genuinely shocking. This is a polling research that's been done by the Network Contagion Research Institute in the US, and what they do is look at how people feel about ideologies and particular threats that may come out of them. And you can see the graph there on the screen that of people who say they are left of center, forty eight point six percent say there is justification for the murder of Elon Musk, and more than half fifty five point two percent say there is justification for the murder of Donald Trump. He has got fifty seven point six percent who say that there is a justification to destroy Tesla dealerships. I mean, this is your brain on leftism. This is the piece lift it's now saying it's okay to go around murdering presidents and people who clean up the public service.
Speaker 7: At least there are two and a half percent of leftists who would destroy a Tesla dealership.
Speaker 2: But not kill anybody. Yeah, well they're the true heroes? Are they the true free.
Speaker 3: It is just it's just insane. And if you wanted an example of just how bad all of this has become, this was from a recent rally, and this is the retoric they are using. They are talking about, let's kill Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: The ahead of Donald Trump, are you calling for his death?
Speaker 1: I am yes. I believe it's time that the people street cut off.
Speaker 2: Fine says.
Speaker 14: If you want to know how fascism ends, ask Benito Mussolini.
Speaker 2: And they hung him right, yep, they hung him.
Speaker 14: By his feet from a lamp post. That's exactly what every fascist deserves. The only good fascist is a dead fascist.
Speaker 2: Now are you calling for that to happen to our president?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 14: I believe that the minute the Donald Trump decided to start ignoring judicial orders, he gave up the right to be the rightful president of the United States. He's an enemy of the nation, and yes, I'd like to see him hung by his feet by a lamppost.
Speaker 2: So you wouldn't necessarily call for violence, would you?
Speaker 15: Are you supporting violence?
Speaker 1: I think there's the people in power. That's all they're going to listen to. At this point.
Speaker 8: I feel like we've done the rallies, We've done all these things, and they don't listen.
Speaker 1: And that was something that finally got people to listen.
Speaker 2: For christ Sack.
Speaker 3: If that don't put Trump arrangement syndrome in the next edition of The Dame, I'm going to rally about it because it is a genuine mental illness at this point.
Speaker 8: One hundred percent, and as we know from the previous assassination attempts on Trump's life, all it takes is one of these crazies just going a little bit of an extra mile, and they genuinely believe.
Speaker 1: As you just soar and as.
Speaker 8: This pole depicts this is called for, you would be doing the world a favor.
Speaker 1: That is what they believe.
Speaker 2: They are extremists.
Speaker 7: They are extremists and again, I think that their freedom fighters, they think they're doing the right thing, and they've got their little reasons and that's exactly how.
Speaker 3: Terrorist indeed, and they will come for him, mark my words.
Speaker 2: After the break, Cindra Allen.
Speaker 3: Could be in a bit of trouble. Labor powerbrokers are plotting for her demise. We'll talk about that after this. In further news about Joe's cryptic crossword, we've just come up with foot rot.
Speaker 7: We have nineteen down in the time. Sorry, if you're doing it at Harden into like a soiling order at the first adversing problem in flock.
Speaker 3: Can't You can't go around doing that, Joe.
Speaker 7: That's that's like when they were any good, if they cared, they would have already die.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's true.
Speaker 3: But I sometimes hear people call up on the ABC after midnight and they give out the word, I mean.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: We haven't done it yet.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the front of the ods tomorrow, which says Judge Lash's Child Gender Meds and Experts in blow for Peak Clinic. This is an extraordinary store exclusive here, one of the one of Australia. Sorry, foremost child gender meds and experts has been ruled to have misled the family Court when giving evidence to support a mother who wished to prescribe her child puberty blockers, in an astonishing judgment that calls into question the integrity of one of the nation's peak gender clinics. Justice Andrew Strum's judgment, which stripped the mother of custody and effectively prevented the child from accessing treatment, criticized the approach of hospitals to children questioning their gender, saying this is quite interesting the decision to affirm unreservedly any child that raises concerns over their gender is quote oddly binary. Funny about that. It also turns out that this kid and the mother had been saying that he had gender dysphoria and should be treated. The father disagreed and said that he shouldn't be treated. So this is why it's been going through the courts. But it turned out that this kid, despite being treated at this hospital since the age of six, was not given a formal diagnos of gender dysphoria until this court case started. I mean, there are so many questions and holes in this and I'm glad to see the family Court finally waking up to the dangers.
Speaker 2: Of this day.
Speaker 1: Here, Justice Andrew Strom, you have my heart, buddy. This is the first time an.
Speaker 8: Australian judge has blown a hole in this whole idea of odd gender affirming and we're using best practice here at these gender affirming clinics.
Speaker 1: No you're not.
Speaker 8: You are activists and you are butchers in my humble opinion.
Speaker 1: And props to.
Speaker 8: The dad for pursuing this to the nth degree and getting justice for his child. He simply said, I just want to let the kid be the kid.
Speaker 1: And we'll see what happens. It was the mum who was ramming down this gender.
Speaker 8: Affirming care and thank goodness, this judge has stripped the mother of her custody. It's like you were doing the wrong thing by the child. You were not protecting this child. And some of these quotes from this justice he said, this is a case about a child, and a relatively young one at that, not one about the cause of transgender people.
Speaker 1: How many times do we see.
Speaker 8: A particular lobby take up these cases as if it's all about them, instead of making it about the individual case of a child and what is best for that child. I just I love this story that justice has finally been done. Read the rest of the article because the rest of the quotes by this justice are absolute gold.
Speaker 7: And another bit of gold and very interesting anyway, is at the bottom of the eyes. Bowen trials local tech millionaire in shock poll. Climate change and Energy Minister Chris Bowen is in danger of losing his Western Sydney seat of McMahon to local tech millionaire Matt Cammonzoli. According to independent polling. It shows power bills as a top concern. Now Chris Bowen holds his seat by a country mind, I think he holds it by about twenty percent or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely huge. But I hear you here we go.
Speaker 7: Not only does this poly show miss bown behind the local businessman, also just below no that company right anyway, amazing stuff.
Speaker 8: I actually met the second bit here. Compass polling last weekend shows him. You're quite right about the ten percent margin. But Compass polling last weekend shows him on nineteen percent support, with mister camon Zulie on forty one percent.
Speaker 16: I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I would find that. I don't believe any tiny bit You've got to believe. But anyway, we can dream. But I did, can I say?
Speaker 7: I did meet Matt Cammonzoli on Friday, I believe last Friday at the Western Sydney for and he came up and said hello, and his campaign manager was very quick who who I had known it as, very quick to grab my details and get in touch and blah blah, and he said it's on.
Speaker 2: He said, we are speaking to people all the time.
Speaker 7: We're getting absolutely I didn't know anything about this pole, but he said, there's actually a real And to be honest, I've been focusing on the sort of Muslim vote threat to Tony Burke in Watson and Jason Claire and Blackslan hadn't really been thinking about Chris Bowen and McMahon.
Speaker 2: That much and Chris and Chris Bowen was also at the event and looked a little bit uncomfortable. So that was why can imagine but that was.
Speaker 3: That was that is if that happens, well, on paper, it should be the easiest place to take up that kind of fight because you're literally in the electorate of the guy who you can say drove up your power bills, right, so it would seem an easy one to be able to prosecute whether or not the numbers who like primary support for Bowen dropping to nineteen percent and.
Speaker 1: They're ahead of him by one point, So they've got the.
Speaker 8: The nineteen percent and camon Zulie is on forty one.
Speaker 3: That would be utterly extraordinary. But let's just hope that there is some element of truth to it that would die.
Speaker 2: This is the great guy.
Speaker 17: To the front page of the Herald Son while we're talking about good news, Labor bombshell premier facing pressure to quit if Victorian seats a hit hard in May third federal poll.
Speaker 8: With powerbrokers canvassing bold move to replace her amid collapse in public support.
Speaker 1: Just Center may Day reads the splash.
Speaker 8: Jacinta Alan will face pressure to quit if labor is hit hard in Victoria at the fourthcoming election, with senior party figures actively canvassing a move against her. Labor powerbrokers have been in talks for weeks about a leadership change. The shock move comes amid a collapse in her public support and anger over her government's handling of youth crime and continued commitment to the Jolly suburban rail loop.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say jolly, I just inserted that in there. Could it be?
Speaker 7: Could it be yeah again just to put my ABM I ALP little all the things you hate ALP A V C A C T you A okay, all the way with LBJ. But so if this was to happen, the most likely person to replace her would be Ben Carroll, has senior figure from the right and deputy. And this would mean that even though the left still would technically control the branch and i say, the caucus in Victoria, the leadership would finally return to the right of the party, which is the way that God wants it, and and it would be hopefully the beginning of the sort of reversal of what happened when they put Daniel Andrews in, which was when the right controlled the party machine and the caucus, and then put Dan Andrews as a kind of at the governor's pleasure, at the behest.
Speaker 2: Of the of the right, thinking they would always have control.
Speaker 8: But do you think that is what will actually happen though, or wouldn't it be? The article says if they lose three seats.
Speaker 1: Or more in Victoria, they're going to turf her.
Speaker 8: But will the natural succession take.
Speaker 1: Place or will there just be in all.
Speaker 2: Our faction war or left could so what happened?
Speaker 7: So the left could say absolutely, under no circumstance will we tolerate a cannon from the right. But MPs are very fond of one thing.
Speaker 2: That is their jobs.
Speaker 7: And so if he's seen as a person who can save the most seats, then they'll say, all right, whatever. And because labor is so headed for a wipeout, everyone, every labor and is going to be watching their own back.
Speaker 3: And don't forget, when Andrews left, it was thought that Tim Pallace would be the depity, and then.
Speaker 1: You'd have two people who the science was left again.
Speaker 3: And he has since from the right to left right correct, correct, And at the time the right did a route and got Ben Carol into the second position. So nothing's out of the question. Start as I'm concerned, lever there because it's the best chance we have of breaking the circuit to get rid of the alp in Victoria. After the break, the dire Wolf has been brought back from extinction after ten thousand years. I've never seen Joe so exting what I did.
Speaker 2: Possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: Talk about a topic before he'll get into it.
Speaker 1: After this.
Speaker 3: Joe's still trying to crack that cryptic crossword. But something you are well across is the dire Wolf.
Speaker 7: Something I have cracked is the dire Wolf's DNA. It's a ten thousand year old giant man eating beast, and so scientists have decided they're going to bring one back to life.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong? What right idea?
Speaker 7: Have these people not seen Jurassic Park nor Land? So ten millennie of pass as I mentioned since the dire Wolf's howl was last heard across the tundra of North America. Notes the incredibly purple prose of this article that I'm reading from now, in a laboratory and a secret location, they have brought two six month old pups back to a life. Now, let's listen to one of the people behind this. His name is Ben Lamb from Colossal Biosciences. I mean, does that not rise a few alarm bells? And he is talking about accusations that they are playing God.
Speaker 2: Have a listen.
Speaker 16: What right do you have to invade the natural process of nature and to inject your curiosity and your ability to create new life.
Speaker 15: I think that we've become the apex part around this planet, and we inject our curiosity and choices every day that we overpitch the ocean, we overhunt something. In the case of the thylacine, the Australian government put a bounty on its head and killed it off right. And every time we cut down the rainforest, every every time we drink hydrogenated water, we are you know, playing god on some level.
Speaker 7: And of course he says all this about contamination violasy to highlight Joe Rogan's marijuana stock, but just probably a vape. I think safety first. But anyway, but I know he does like that. But this is like, I just don't get it. So it's okay to bring back a prehistoric monster from the dead because like human beings, a bad climate change, ecodiversity.
Speaker 2: It's just absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 7: This, by the way, is what a direwolf's how sounds like?
Speaker 3: Well, the puppy anyway.
Speaker 7: As I said, these are terrifying, cold blooded killers.
Speaker 2: They have even called.
Speaker 7: The two brothers Romulus and Remus, who, of course, if you're playing at home with the co founders of Rome, the twin the boys of Brothers who were suckled by they were abandoned on the hilltop. They were suckled by a direwolf, and they survived only for Romulus to then kill Remus and found the city of Rome, which is why it's called home and not ream.
Speaker 3: And so that would do that would foretell that great things are now going to happen.
Speaker 2: With these two pups.
Speaker 3: I mean, they took it from the DNA of thirteen thousand year old tooth and a seventy two thousand year old skull. What will science come up with next? That's it from us today. Up next to Red a panic shirt with