Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey, we'll start your morning the right.
Speaker 1: Away can be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Laurens one hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow, good morning everybody working on Monday.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 3: Fascinatoryeve, I'm calling it.
Speaker 4: I reckon there's fascinating you people who might not go to work a bit bit of a sore head.
Speaker 1: I reckon it.
Speaker 4: Do you know maybe they planted the seat on Friday, that might be sick on Monday.
Speaker 1: Get a four day weekend.
Speaker 3: If you're smart, you would have rolled in the sore throat last Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty five Thursday might be too early. You'd be better by Monday.
Speaker 3: Twenty five bucks in my local chemist to get a medical certificate? Is that all?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: I think I think you have to be Saturday.
Speaker 4: It's not just what does it cost twenty five dollars to get a medical certificate?
Speaker 3: You're walk into the chemist and pay twenty five bucks?
Speaker 2: What an amazing? Tell them what you want?
Speaker 1: That's freeom is that is it allowed?
Speaker 2: Round upon?
Speaker 1: It's got to be six.
Speaker 4: They take your temperature or something. They just get down there today, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Do you never know what you can catch at the club on a Sunday night. Exactly, I'll take what do I feel? Apparently the club's last night, as in Sunday night, are the busiest on that night that they.
Speaker 4: Are doesn't any night all year surprising? Exactly, Well, you have a good Derby Day cleanse.
Speaker 3: Were you at them last night? Is that what you're saying for research purpose?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Just doing a temperature check?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just.
Speaker 1: Needed to on Saturday, you work? You working?
Speaker 2: Did not work?
Speaker 1: Did you have?
Speaker 3: The wife and I had a lovely day out, had.
Speaker 4: A nice little catch up at Derby Day. Unis go out in public very often. I try and keep you at arm's length.
Speaker 3: I know, we pretended we didn't know each other. I was like, hy, I'm Jason. Felt that Louis was on the bubbles, and then we had all out of the bubbles. She was a bit of fun. She was a bit of fun until the six pm anxiety we're now going home to.
Speaker 2: The kids kicked in.
Speaker 1: I should have waited till the kids were in bed. No need to put the kids to bed on the babysitter.
Speaker 4: I went to carry ok on Saturday night after Derby Day and I sung Anastasia because she sung at Derby Day.
Speaker 1: So I thought, well, you know, come on, you sing.
Speaker 2: It things you no, you know, choose that.
Speaker 5: Hard.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like that tracks.
Speaker 1: The other one. What's the other one? The other one? Hang on.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, we're not saying that's what Anastasia sounded like. We're saying that's what the moms in the crowd sound.
Speaker 3: I've lost my wedding slip. I was a winner.
Speaker 1: Oh what about that when someone loses their to you? Anyway, Hey, you're the races.
Speaker 4: Something very awkward happened to meet the races on Saturday though.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well let's get to that first up this morning and then later on if you are heading to lunches tomorrow or today. I know a lot of officers are getting together to celebrate Melbourne Cup. We have fashion extraordinary.
Speaker 4: The extraordinary. He's going to love being called that. Elliott Ghana fashion stylist to the stars. And now I've got a picture of our very own Clint Stannaway at.
Speaker 1: His first attempt at races dressing. I reckon about twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Elliott. He's like style police.
Speaker 3: He's actually, yes, you are.
Speaker 1: I think you're going to be locked in the clink for a long time parole showing this.
Speaker 3: I've been told this photo is going to put you on death row, so.
Speaker 4: We'll put it on our socials a little lad too, because it's absolutely perfect.
Speaker 1: Dickie Glad. We've known each other for so long.
Speaker 2: Twenty years.
Speaker 3: The Melbourne Cup legendary jockey Damien Oliver Yep, he's won the Cup three times. He is in this Morning After thirty.
Speaker 1: Two twenty three thirty two.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I get my numbers backwards a large amount of Melbourne Cups, he wrote in that's amazing.
Speaker 3: We will get to that a little bit later on. Let's get into it right across Melbourne. Thanks right mate to what if it is Ozzie for travel. You're listening to Jason Lauren here on nover one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well. Awkward airk F.
Speaker 2: That's awkward.
Speaker 1: Time to get awkward, guys.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: Now it's something that I find incredibly awkward. And it happened to me on Saturday at Derby Day.
Speaker 1: I had a few two seeing people out of context there.
Speaker 4: I am all dressed up and this lovely lady came over and said hello, and I was like, Hi, oh my god, how are you no idea who it was? Having a few times in rby day To be fair, but it's a woman I see at.
Speaker 2: The gym every day, but you're not used to seeing.
Speaker 4: She was in al element a hatch out of here and make it not even recognize it, like like I had never laid eyes on this woman before in my life. And then I felt so bad because she said, you know, and I was like, yes, I do obviously know who you are, even.
Speaker 3: Just introducing people, because my wife was with me on sad Day and I'm running into people I know and Lou and I have that thing where if I squeeze her hand, she knows that I don't know their name.
Speaker 2: So then Lou jumps in and goes, hi, I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Yes, see Paul knows when I go have you met Paul before? And then he goes, yeah, Hi, I'm Paul. Sorry, what was your name? I tried to train him like a labrador, but he doesn't do it very often.
Speaker 2: He needs to go to the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get rid of him.
Speaker 4: But it is a good one when you don't remember someone's name to introduce them to someone else that you do know, yeah, and then hope that they.
Speaker 2: Don't a universal signal hand scratch the nose or something.
Speaker 1: But then if it's universal, everyone knows.
Speaker 2: I guess you're no.
Speaker 1: I saw you scratch your nose. You don't know who I am.
Speaker 3: Small thing, and I'm sure they're not offended, but I feel like they are. You know, when a waiter or bring food around at a party, it's happening one of the mahr keys on the weekend and they'll go Aaron Jeanie, and I go, oh, what's in it? And then they say something that it might be, like, oh, it's beat trick, and you don't want to know after they've told you, they've told you what it is. I just lok like a master chef judge give me him a one. I wasn't full ten seconds ago and I asked what was in it? But now it's a hard You just say.
Speaker 2: What about something happened to me last weekend? Full lift, full to the brim, going down, I press ground. Everyone's getting off ground right, but someone gets in at one and I.
Speaker 1: Get out early thinking you're at the thinking.
Speaker 2: And then you go squeeze your way back.
Speaker 4: Now you can't you just pretend you're the right floor and for the next one, just even squeezing in a lift.
Speaker 2: Or pressing the button when the doors have already closed. Wait that come in coming. I'm going to go one worse. It's happened at the old building we worked at. You know, when people are getting in and then the last person gets in and the case.
Speaker 1: People mill. It's absolutely humil.
Speaker 2: Stairs. I think I need it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure our next guest has this is his ring tone.
Speaker 1: I think you might be right.
Speaker 3: Up in the sky calling the beggar race. The nation is not Lauren Phillip Matt Hill will get my money.
Speaker 5: Hello, j Laurence, love you to talk.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 5: Well that the build up as has been massive this year and looking forward to getting there tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, so way now, how is that Let's all have a turn. So the gates open.
Speaker 3: And they're off away now coming down the streets.
Speaker 4: Well done, and they're often racing in the twenty twenty four Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 2: No, there was hesitation there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot what you were in.
Speaker 2: And they're often racing away now Gayer now.
Speaker 1: Oh god, who won that terrible bat?
Speaker 3: You have a crack there, mate, Well you've sort of got to.
Speaker 5: Give it a little bit of a build up, so it's going to be something like and they're racing. It's But the thing is with calling racist, people assume that we have to be nasally and speak fast, but that's actually not the case. It's all about economy of words and saying the horses names clearly. But it's great funded it's an absolute privilege to do it knowing that your voice is heard for three minutes a year around around the country. Having said that, I reckon, I call twelve hundred races a year and I get judged on about fifteen seconds of the last fifteen seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is like your Christmas Melbourne Cup Day, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like the finale.
Speaker 5: Ah, look it's it's Christmas for adults, no doubt about that. It's such a great week as when you're a racing fan. We got a race's day day out, but they have for thirty seven races through the week at Flemingtons, the best of the best. It's fantastic. And what is great is it's the shop window to the rest of Australia and it's such a tradition. We're a young country and to have a public holiday for a horse race and for the nation to stop. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: How many Melbourne Cups have you called?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 5: This one coming up tomorrow's number eight.
Speaker 1: Do you a favor?
Speaker 5: No, Well, I'm very fond of the Melbourne Cup and fond of the of the races that I've done, so I don't really have a favorite, but I do remember when Bow and Declare won the race in twenty nineteen. That was such a great race. It was a great finish that goes down as one of the best.
Speaker 3: How do you do it? Like, do you learn all the horses in the lead up their colors? Are you watching through binoculars or are you watching the screen at the same time? And like, I know this sounds stupid.
Speaker 1: They all look kind of similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really do. When it's a close race.
Speaker 5: It's a good question. We trade to learn the colors, so we've got photographic memories as the jockeys learn. We learned the twenty four sets of colors. And the thing about the Melbourne Cup is there's nine other races on the day.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I mean. Do you have to learn them more?
Speaker 5: One and seventy?
Speaker 4: This is where I get confused because some horse stables all wear the same colors.
Speaker 1: So how do you not get that muddled up in your mind?
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is that usually if there's duplicate sets of colors, they'll change the cap color docus. They are distinguishable. But so when we get to the end of a cup week, I would have learned about five hundred horses. So it's a long week, but it's like going to school and it's the best school test you could ever have.
Speaker 1: Seriously, photographic memory, Matt.
Speaker 2: So the cup is tomorrow, it's running one tomorrow. Did the nerves start to jangle? Now?
Speaker 5: A little bit? A little bit, but it's about twenty minutes before the cup, I get.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you do anything to ease the nerves?
Speaker 5: Not really? Just breathe, remember to breathe. The thing is, you're a step away from a career ending call if you.
Speaker 4: Once you call it, people are Celebrating's right, yeah, and people rip up their tickets and then oh, sorry, got it wrong?
Speaker 1: You back together.
Speaker 5: You have to betman, Absolutely, yeah, for sure, I love it.
Speaker 1: The thing is, but you're not all how to celebrate. I imagine if we.
Speaker 5: Can't affect the result of the race, but no, we couldware of it would be it'd be like having a use our salesman that doesn't like cars. We have to have a bet to be able to with, you know, be friends with the punter. That's what it's all about this morning, the racers. But to be the most accurate weekend for the punter.
Speaker 3: Well, mate, we are staked that you're behind the mic for the big race that stops the nation tomorrow before we let you go. We love your voice, we do, and you're going to put us to the test this morning. I believe you are going to commentate the lyrics of a song. We have to try and work out which song it is. I think we did this with the macas menu with you last year. I think the hash brown got up last year?
Speaker 5: Did the hash brown got up? So you guys have got to guess. So I've been given a few options of songs. Okay, So okay, see how you go? Okay, you're ready?
Speaker 3: All right, Well let's go to madam.
Speaker 5: So here in this song contest, we've got everybody in the car, So come on, let's ride for the liquor store around the corner. The boys say they want some gin and juice. But I really don't want to be bus I head last week. I must stay deep down because bo is cheap. This will give it away. Now we've got Angela, Pamela, Sandra and ye number five that did.
Speaker 1: Can you do that?
Speaker 5: Angela? Followed by Pabla, Sandra and Rita. As I continue, you know they're getting sweeter. So what can I do? I really beg you. My bod to me is worting. It's like a sport.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see you on the nine Network tomorrow, Matt.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to it. And yeah, good luck to everybody. And my biggest bit of advice, And it sounds silly that make sure you can back a horse that can actually win, because it's no You just get a little bit educated, open up the form, God, have a good read, because there are a few horses there that can't win it. But for the sake of it, I'm backing Sea King.
Speaker 2: See King, See King, Bendy Go Cup winner.
Speaker 5: That's the one I've been very heavily back so seeking for me.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm in the back it as well, Matt, So whatever happens, can you just call that the winner? Matt Hill Johnny is on the air, have a great day tomorrow, Maddie, thank you, good on you there. He is the voice of the Melbourne Cup. The Melbourne Cup Carnival continues tomorrow. The Melbourne Cup Carnibal continues tomorrow with the Electus Melbourne Cup. Tickets are just from VRSE dot com dot I you have you had a blow up in front of people with your partner?
Speaker 1: Did you have one of the races?
Speaker 3: Do you know one of the races? But on the train last week.
Speaker 4: He doesn't catch the train. He drives a fancy car. He's not getting on the train.
Speaker 3: Last week. We got the air con put into the new house.
Speaker 4: You know how we know that you did that because you winged about it for a whole week.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Oh, this trade is in the house.
Speaker 2: It's so hard without the air cont.
Speaker 1: In the house. Oh my god, I've got to go home to a house for.
Speaker 2: I can't get a park. Do you know it was hard to get.
Speaker 3: I didn't build in nineteen eighty five. But yes, we got the aircon put in. The guy from airflow did a great job.
Speaker 1: I paid for it surday because it was hot.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell me about.
Speaker 1: It Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 3: However, Lou and I were having it out last week, not a good way or in a bad way. In a bad way. And then you know, like because the traders were there for like three days putting in all the ducting.
Speaker 1: And stuff, we knew about it. Yeah, we heard about it.
Speaker 2: They're in the roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard about that too. Imagine if you thought you were hot, imagine how hot they were.
Speaker 3: I got a massy boss, so added it to the invoice. Lou and I started fighting in the kitchen. As we're fighting, you could see this little dust fall down between us, and we both look up and they're currently chopping a vent. They're putting a vent in the kitchen for the listening to you.
Speaker 1: They don't care. They've seen it all.
Speaker 3: We moved to the master bedroom, and then ten minutes later we're still we're still at it. Dust falls from the master bedroom.
Speaker 1: They're following you around.
Speaker 3: Whatever room we went into. They're rightly above us. Yeah, just taking it all in.
Speaker 4: I reckon tradees just they've heard and seen it all before. When you're in someone's home for a long period of time, like when we were renovating, oh Man, Paul and I had some blow.
Speaker 3: Ups over things, and you do it in front the trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, this is my house.
Speaker 3: There was one point I looked at one of the trades and went, who's right.
Speaker 1: Love that I would be like, okay, guys, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Who He did not want to get involved. I've never seen a trading almost turn the nil gun on himself.
Speaker 4: Now, if you had a trading lady, she would have said, I'll tell you who's right.
Speaker 3: That's thirteen twenty four ten. Have you had a blow up in front of someone or in a public place? Give us call. We'll hit the phones.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 3: You are on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well.
Speaker 4: Hello Lauren, we're talking about fighting with your partner. Is this way you stayed single?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Probably not? Probably well, at least you in the argument.
Speaker 1: I'm saying nomart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I third A twenty four ten is our number. Have you had a blow up in front of someone? Give us a call. We just had this sen.
Speaker 7: In Hey, Jason, Lauren. Yeah, So we were traveling in Hawaii. It was the last night of our trip, probably getting on each other's nerves a little bit. We went to the supermarket to get some supplies for dinner, and my ex. He picked up this whole bag of those baby Bell cheeses. I just flipped and I just was yelling like.
Speaker 6: We don't need these.
Speaker 2: Why do you want to get these?
Speaker 6: We don't need these.
Speaker 8: We have enough food in front of the whole supermarket. We drove home, back to the accommodation of silence. We ate dinner in silence, went to bed, and.
Speaker 6: Then he dumbled to me seven days later.
Speaker 2: So that was good.
Speaker 4: Cheesus Christ, that's no reaction to the baby Bell cheese. Where they got they had to do.
Speaker 1: The had to do the mural.
Speaker 4: It's good, yes, yeah, to bring a statue of baby activity scene and she did the baby cheeses.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that the baby Bell.
Speaker 2: Shared a wife with the cheese?
Speaker 3: And because every all I can think is everything in America is like cute, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So you can imagine how.
Speaker 3: Big we don't need this.
Speaker 2: Cheese.
Speaker 3: You'll find this hard to believe. But Brody executive producer, who we affectionately referred to as the Thumb, was it you and your wife?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 9: And let me preface it by saying, my beautiful wife, Anika, we were lying flying on our honeymoon and I had been up and down to the overhead cabbage cab cabin about five times.
Speaker 2: Overhead you'll get you.
Speaker 9: Getting something for her, And then she asked one more time. And we've already been a bit stressed at this point. So we fall on the plane for about eight hours and the people around us would just had to sit there and endure it.
Speaker 2: And we just went back.
Speaker 1: And she needed from the overhead cabbage can I ask.
Speaker 9: She needed one of those neck pillows. It wasn't even sleep time. That was my biggest point.
Speaker 4: Every minute on a plane this sleep time. And you need in the words of Taylor Swift, you need to calm down.
Speaker 2: You know what. You're lucky.
Speaker 3: You won't put on the no fly list attitudes.
Speaker 2: You can't take cabbages on the plane.
Speaker 1: Sleep time, you must stay awake.
Speaker 3: What's it like like? Do you want to she's going to leave the cable tie her at home for her to be able to eat dinner. How does it work at your place? Tells her when she can sleep free range.
Speaker 4: I would have dumped you for that on your honeymoon as well. Do whatever she wantsymoon.
Speaker 2: Why am I not surprised?
Speaker 4: You know what honeymoons and the day of the proposal, many people have big fight. We have fight on the day everyone does because you boys are at weird.
Speaker 3: Want to go and buy a microwave a target we had to blow up in the back of the camp on the way to lunch, and I'm like, you can get and f and microwave whenever you want. We're going to lunch. And then in the actual honeymoon, we were.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 3: No, we're playing monopoly and we're fighting over who got park Lane and Mayfair. Just as the free seafood platter arrived. So the guy sitting there holding this giant platter and we're going each other.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, who won? Who got park Fair?
Speaker 6: Games?
Speaker 1: Get heated?
Speaker 2: What is it called? She got Mayfair?
Speaker 4: The day Paul proposed, we were all dancing. But I remember I told you we're in greets and we're all dancing by the pool.
Speaker 3: Oh you're wrapped like a chicken. Weren't you a roast?
Speaker 2: Were you in that?
Speaker 4: I look like a Christmas hamm. Okay, that's not what else, That's not where I was going. Sorry, we're dancing around the pool and Paul said, everyone turned the music down, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, we're having fun. Don't turn the MUSICU.
Speaker 4: Paul's like, everyone, can we turn the music down? I need to tell you something. And I was like, oh, I was so mad.
Speaker 1: We'd beat it a long lunch. I'm like far place.
Speaker 4: And then the music stopped and he proposed, got down on one day and proposed, and I was like, oh, thanks for turning the music down, guys.
Speaker 3: Now put on a BECI I'm getting married. Ebony in Ballarat morning, Hi, hey going we are good public blow up? So where was yours?
Speaker 10: Well, we've seen many and we've had a few ourselves backing in the caravan.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 3: My dad always said if you want to if you want to watch a live fight and action, go and just grab a beer and sit the boat ramp.
Speaker 10: Honestly, everyone in the caravan park watches you. It's high pressure because you've got the left and rights and then you've got to do the opposite. Think it's just it's so confusing.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he have those extendable like side mirrors.
Speaker 10: Don't do nothing. We've even got a reverse camera on and it's still.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Ebony, when you're set up and you're sitting there and you see newbies arriving in the caravan park.
Speaker 1: We get the.
Speaker 10: Popcorn ready to like honestly, and we not like we can forget the fact that two hours ago that was us flew Yeah, and we see back and we just enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: That's funny watching someone else's kids, Chuck Attenchrument Westfield, You're like, sucks to be you. We love our kids today. Yeah, I mean every day, Yes.
Speaker 1: Every day, we will all the days.
Speaker 3: Welcome morning, Melbourne for all three of you that have decided to go to work or school.
Speaker 1: Today, school or schools on public.
Speaker 2: No, no, my kids have the day.
Speaker 1: Off, curriculum days.
Speaker 3: What Jesus wanted he got the races, Well, I think he was getting him and his twelve mates together for a big lunch for the Melbourne Cups, to long lunch, last supper.
Speaker 1: We're smarter, not harder to take the Monday off.
Speaker 2: That's what they should have called.
Speaker 3: They should have you know, are you coming up this hour? We are about to start shaking the tree in.
Speaker 1: The shaking the tree, give it a shake.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland. It arrives at Corefield Racecourse from November twenty nine, you can book now a Ticketmaster. All you have to do is listen.
Speaker 1: Out for this, so that could go any time.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: When you hit the sleigh bells, give us a ring and you will win whatever cash falls off the tree. It is that easy. Right across Melbourne, let's get into it. You've got Jason Lauren. This is no bad guys. It's that time of the year, Derby Day or wasn't it a ripper? The turnout was incredible. Tomorrow the big one, the Melbourne Cup at Flemington and all eyes will be on the style.
Speaker 4: Does he Well, it's not the horses, but I mean Melbourne Cup day, whether you're going to the races, whether you're having a barbecue. Is anyone out there listening to this? Is anyone work? People are there, but I know everyone's pool to sicky today.
Speaker 3: They could a lot of lunches happen tomorrow. Yes, what do you wear? What's in style?
Speaker 2: Or have you been down to gas man to collect to your your turtle neck? Yep?
Speaker 3: Ready to go?
Speaker 1: Are you wearing white shoes? You're going oak stay, aren't you?
Speaker 3: I'm going oat stay now. I'm going to avoid the y D white shoes this year okay, good choice.
Speaker 4: Well, one of my best friends is a styl like on Melbourne's a stylist.
Speaker 6: Call him?
Speaker 1: Would you call him a stylist to the.
Speaker 2: Start, He's one of those stylish men. I know.
Speaker 4: You know what he styled Jason our campaign images and you've never looked better.
Speaker 3: Jason Mutton dressed as Lamb. We described it two years off your life. Yes he did, he really did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he's here right now.
Speaker 4: You might have seen him on seventh Sunrise talking fashion Elliott Garno each day.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, guys, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Is this your Christmas spring racing?
Speaker 12: It's more my Halloween. Yeah, it's always falls around Halloween. It's got the same energy, so yeah, it's always good fun though.
Speaker 3: Question. I was going through old school photos the other day. Will we act with socks and suits and showing.
Speaker 4: Remember once upon a time you weren't allowed into the members of you.
Speaker 1: Get kicked out.
Speaker 12: I used to have a full formula to this because I never wanted to wear socks ever with my suits, so I used to pack them in my pockets and as I'd get to the turnstools for the members area, I put them on, get through into the members take.
Speaker 6: Them off and chuck with in the bin.
Speaker 12: I'm that committed to you, and now I would never not wear a sock with my suits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, men are wearing socks.
Speaker 6: Men are wearing socks. I think it's just like.
Speaker 12: One, it gets a bit hot at the track, guys, so you don't want the poggy toes right, and Two it actually it makes.
Speaker 6: You shees more comfortable. Three it looks a little bit more stylised.
Speaker 12: A little node you can have, you know, check the Bart Simpson socks on if you want to chat up a bit of character, a character.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, Jase, remember you used to wear Abart Simpson time. Do you remember the character time?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm surprised they gave you a job of David Jones at a Bart Simpson time.
Speaker 1: He was in the Electric Electrical. Oh, people still wearing characterize, Elsie.
Speaker 6: I think people are still wearing characterized.
Speaker 12: I mean to be honest, it's all about self expression the racetrack. So if you like a character, put him on your tie and represent.
Speaker 2: So you're saying anything goes.
Speaker 6: I am saying anything goes.
Speaker 2: To an extent, rules are out the window.
Speaker 6: In twenty twenty four, Saturday, dress to impress and dress yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, because can I say I'm actually nervous about doing a full race day in stilettos because all we wear now is women as sneakers, which I love.
Speaker 3: Where do you sit on girls taking their shoes off as the race day goes on?
Speaker 12: It's a hard night. I'm personally going around giving out jail warrants. It's jail time, no parole, lock them up the key.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Ones. They're the ones chundering in the rose bushes, right usually.
Speaker 6: Well, no judgment from me on that front.
Speaker 1: You've done We've the races once.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 3: It does the report on the current affair every.
Speaker 12: Year, Martin King Martin Partial to a rose bush.
Speaker 2: You find the.
Speaker 3: Amount of girls I've seen in film on that share.
Speaker 1: Them sat John's chair.
Speaker 6: These poor cheeks, the going to the track with their mates.
Speaker 12: Just give them a break, just avoid the rose bush and just you know, let them live their life.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've worn some ridiculous things to the races, Elliott once when in a like embroidered suit that looked like sigh doing gang them style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're chatting about on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You once also look like Draco mal for them and when you peroxided to hear yeah, but.
Speaker 6: That wasn't for the races.
Speaker 12: That was for my brother's twenty first remember, and I got heckled from the side of fitz Roy Street. Soone goes, Draco, where'd you park your rug? Like Aladdin has a rug, not Draco Malfoy.
Speaker 6: He's going to broom.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's park Flemington for a sec. If people are heading to office lunches or barbecues tomorrow. What's the colors.
Speaker 12: Of the season for Melbourne Cup Day? Really anything? Guys, It's definitely the most colorful dawy on the calendar. And so subsequently you can just kind of embrace anything. I think if you do it not heading to the track and you're embracing an office thing or something at home. Is just include an element of something fun for Cup Day. For a girl, you know, it could be something fun in her hair, it might be something she already owns that she's won once to a special occasion, really fun to bring that out and wear that again. And for the guys, you know, just just dress up, chuck on you know, your favorite jacket, maybe your college shirt, just something that makes it feel not like every other day of the year.
Speaker 2: Fair point and color. We were embracing color on Cup Day.
Speaker 12: Right, we are embracing colour on Cup Day, so as you would have just seen on the weekend, Darby Day's black and.
Speaker 6: White is all that color.
Speaker 12: Oaks Day's much more leaning into the femininity, and then Stake stays a little bit more casual, people going with their kids and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Elliott, I've got some photos of us over the years, Jace Clinton Night the race of me as well, and I'd like to do a queer eye.
Speaker 1: What was that show called.
Speaker 6: Straight talk about?
Speaker 4: All right, well, you're going to have a turnout of coming up next. You can give us a roasting on some of our outfits over the years.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 4: We have stylist to the Stars Cleanton Jace. When I say stars, he styled you once. That's how he got that titled.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 12: Daily Mails Number one stylis Jace Hawks and.
Speaker 3: Just quickly for people who want to dress up and look flashy but don't have the money for it because times are tight. Where are the shops that have the bargains? But look the goods.
Speaker 12: To be honest, I would actually start in your own wardrobe and pull out something that you love that you haven't necessarily given enough love too. You might have bought something for a special occasion that you might want to wear again that you're a really great place to start shopping from your own wardrobe is a very thrift fortunate way to do it. All your favorites like got your Chadstone's and that kind of thing, and Target, who have some really great millinery for the girls, came up. It's got some really great millinery for the girls. Bras like Levisa do incredibly affordable, great things. We don't say fascinator anymore.
Speaker 6: Hats and millinery.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's let's fly through these. We've got some shocking looks of in the past. So what is this is this?
Speaker 2: Is this your wooden bow tie?
Speaker 3: You're that's that's a wooden bow tie.
Speaker 12: So for those listening, Jason's wearing a slimline navy suit with the white shirt and a wooden bow tie.
Speaker 6: He looks like Pinocchio's cousin.
Speaker 12: But to be honest, Jase, I don't actually reckon it's that bad. Like if you're going to go out of ten, I'd say solid seven. He's got a funky bow tie on giving a talk note, I honestly, I'm I'm not talking.
Speaker 1: The rest is fine.
Speaker 6: No, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: The bow tie, the rest. You could wear that again if you.
Speaker 12: Want, As we said earlier piece, you want to be a conversational points you're out there.
Speaker 6: I don't mind. I don't mind this.
Speaker 2: That's like seven years ago. I could would It's wouldn't all right, next one, it wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is about fifty times worse.
Speaker 12: This is giving Tommy Bahama in middle aged Miami on one of those like.
Speaker 6: God, just got off a cruise. Can you describe it?
Speaker 5: Miami?
Speaker 6: Not even a drug dealer and a drug dealer's assistant.
Speaker 2: He's like, welcome aboard the p and O Fair Princess.
Speaker 12: Okay, it's a carbon star, got a vista delat your heart out.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 12: So it's like a it's like a blue and white floral print jacket.
Speaker 3: You know it's worse.
Speaker 6: What the beer?
Speaker 1: No, it looks like it's got for knees as well.
Speaker 3: It's a short suit.
Speaker 12: Oh the same print, Yeah, I can see the short that's do you know what like you looks like you're on a Caribbean cruise. I'm gonna say what, I'm constructive criticism. If you get a salvage this, maybe a white pant might have taken it across the line.
Speaker 2: But not.
Speaker 6: It's very of the time, Jase.
Speaker 2: What he was? This lushy? All right? Next, okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Oh, I remember this girl in her my era.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I remember this girl very well. We were we were best antenna.
Speaker 6: She'shed.
Speaker 12: She literally the most glamorous who from Whovill with that on her head.
Speaker 4: I remember to duck through doors. I couldn't fit in the car. Look at those things coming out of the top.
Speaker 3: I also look like you slept with a curling one.
Speaker 6: Head to toe floral. Her head pieces flowers. It doesn't matter dress, it's flowers.
Speaker 3: She's standing next to flowers.
Speaker 6: The shoe, though, is nude. So you brought home with the subtle shoe.
Speaker 1: I remember those shoes. I love them. I think I wore them all four.
Speaker 2: Radio reception with that.
Speaker 4: Next up, now, this is one I have found of you, Clint. It's actually equipping from the newspaper.
Speaker 1: So you must have looked good.
Speaker 4: And I can't wait to hear Elliott, you haven't seen it. Jase Elliott, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Did you find this? Do you know?
Speaker 3: The first thing stands out to me Low's commercial.
Speaker 2: It looks like you're in over loas is generous?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 12: I need to talk about the green No, you know how they've got the Okay, guys, we're looking at a newspaper cliping. There's a flat lay of Clint's outfit, which is just baffling to me, to the editor, even though that anyone wanted to copy this out there.
Speaker 1: Bring Carnival Special with Clint stann Away.
Speaker 12: But why is it all so big? Like this before the days of tailoring? Why is everything so large?
Speaker 6: It's like so ill.
Speaker 2: Fitting borrowing somebody suits.
Speaker 3: You look like the contestant on The Biggest Loser when they come back for the end episode.
Speaker 6: Did you look like the used car salesman from the seasons?
Speaker 4: If you want to look like Clint, you can wear these outfits closes of them somewhere.
Speaker 6: Suit looks like it smells like moth balls.
Speaker 12: It's purple shirt and green lime green black shirt with like the biggest clothes.
Speaker 4: You know what those shoes look like, They look like the tall the small man shoes where they give you extra height.
Speaker 2: Do you see what's in my right hand?
Speaker 1: Are they binoculars?
Speaker 2: Binoculars? The track with the best excess.
Speaker 3: I also will point out the color palette is the same as the joker in Batman.
Speaker 4: All Dollie picks up on our socials as well. If you want the look, can you read I've shot? Can you read a quote from Clint there?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 12: There's nothing better than back of your winner at the races and feeling comfortable in the closure. And let me give you a hot tape at you're more than comfortable. You can fit another person in.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 12: At the track, it's all about bright colors teamed with a classic black designer suit. My favorite brands are Ted Baker, he Rouci, Rest in Peace, to work and wait hold on to work.
Speaker 2: Travesty.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just these are brands Travesty.
Speaker 12: And Moss for smart cash Shorry I got stuck there for smart casualt.
Speaker 6: What is travesty outfit is a travesty.
Speaker 1: Travesty was huge in two thousand and ten.
Speaker 3: Stussy didn't get a round.
Speaker 2: I was actually from two thousand and five, Wow, twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: That was my first year out of school. Why were you the model?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They wanted a big name a Channel nine.
Speaker 4: It also says on weekends he chooses to chew out in jeans.
Speaker 12: And oh my god, but these combinations are quite something.
Speaker 6: I mean, purple and green.
Speaker 12: Let me just give advice to all listeners this morning, do not wear purple and green.
Speaker 1: Purple and green should never be seen purple.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Lozzi.
Speaker 12: Purple and green should never be seen evertwelve love Elliot.
Speaker 3: It's been a reality check this morning. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Always happy to.
Speaker 4: Help what he's rolled up and he couldn't be any more Melbourne. His head's a toe black.
Speaker 2: Jesus is handsome.
Speaker 3: I said to it, how old are you?
Speaker 12: I'm I'm single, I'm twenty seven, all right, get my date.
Speaker 6: I am rifled thirty three.
Speaker 3: I was about to say the age keeps getting younger every time I asked.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland arrives at Colfield Racecourse from November twenty nine. Book now at Ticketmaster. Jason Lawrence shame.
Speaker 6: Shut shut, shake shot it.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it. How I love this. I've taken the kids before it's a crack up Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland. It arrives at Corfield Racecourse from November twenty nine.
Speaker 2: You can book now a ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: The can kids.
Speaker 4: It's were off on it, don't they They all love kids everywhere and then out of it it's.
Speaker 1: Like the most Christmasy thing you can do outside of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you're taking him to the North Pole without the hawk flight and.
Speaker 4: We've got a pretty fun little game happening at the moment. Jace, if you have heard the sleigh bells ringing, which I think a few people have, or you got to do his course on thirteen twenty fourteen and you could be winning the cash that falls out of the Christmas tree when we shake it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Carla, who's a chef. Good morning morning, what's your special dish?
Speaker 13: Or I think the most popular requests is it a five rife or.
Speaker 4: Sided chicken rice with a salted chicken five rice?
Speaker 1: Or starta chicken or sartage chicken.
Speaker 3: Oh no, shirt, but that's a pretty basic mealder cook, isn't have.
Speaker 1: You said the most popular?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good, cool, good call?
Speaker 4: Going wrong with a fried rice or a Sartain Chicken. All right, Carli, you've made it through for us to shake the tree.
Speaker 3: Let's see how much cash you winning?
Speaker 1: What edge Bob book it is Carla, you are winning eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred dollars coming your way for a little Christmas treat for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, no light, no worries, mate. Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland arrives at Corfield Racecourse from November twenty nine. Book now a ticket master. We're going to be shaking the tree all weeks.
Speaker 1: A nice little chrissy bonus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you tell the partners five hundred.
Speaker 3: Hey coming up, Jane Loue, one of the judges of Shark Tank, is going to join us on the air because we are about to launch a brand new business right across Melbourne. You're listening to Nova one hundred. Gear it up for Melbourne Cup Day tomorrow, and our thoughts are with everyone who unfortunately have just got that last minute Flew and Sniffle are unable to go to work.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say our thoughts with everyone who has to wear spanks to the races tomorrow, because I will be in this so uncomfortable, and my thoughts are with you. Remember my girlfriend wore them wall them back to front by accident at the g string up the front. Couldn't walk the next day. So make sure you check your spanks.
Speaker 2: We should we should do we should do a no you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Have gastro while wearing spanks.
Speaker 3: We should do a mass spanks day where we all take them off at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we call it spanks for coming.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, it's not a quick process. It's not a quick process, really know.
Speaker 3: When we got home from Derby Down Saturday night, I was trying to put on the moves and I want to get out of all this.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I'll have a sleep for you, and.
Speaker 4: Also don't touch me because I am so I have been holding this in for hours of freedom.
Speaker 1: Like, let me I could describe it.
Speaker 4: How would I describe it to a man taking spanks off?
Speaker 1: Have you ever worn a swimming cap? I want to swim and peel it off and you're like, oh, I'm free.
Speaker 3: Well, you see people at Sea World release the animals back into the ocean.
Speaker 1: Actually, have you ever bought one of those? While the mattresses that come rolled up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that and you watch it and it looks calming. That feels so shout out to all the spanks.
Speaker 1: Where's the help the cup?
Speaker 3: Have you enjoyed your mattress in a box moment from.
Speaker 1: And you don't want anyone to watch you.
Speaker 4: It's a private moment uploading that video, it's a private moment that you should.
Speaker 2: Never Let's catch up with our next guest.
Speaker 11: Our next guest is an ozzy business woman who's found one of the world's biggest fashion retailers.
Speaker 14: I started Chowpo from my parents' garage and now that business makes over a bundred.
Speaker 2: Million dollars a year.
Speaker 11: She's also one of the five sharks on the hit show Shark Tank.
Speaker 6: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Jane Lo. Whoa jan Loo? Good morning morning, Good morning Jane. All right, how many businesses did you invest in last year and are they still going? So?
Speaker 14: Last year I ended up investing in three. They're all still going. Yeah, they know they're doing well.
Speaker 2: What's a good pitch then, like, is it is it the charm? Is it the I mean, the budget's got to be you know, got to be right.
Speaker 3: I know they I know think sharks love subscription models.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is that true?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, I mean I think it's just really hard to nail subscription. So if someone can prove a model, yes, but generally people everyone wants that, but it's really hard to get.
Speaker 2: So you've actually.
Speaker 14: Nailed it with two of the three my three things that I need because so first of all, yes, you've gotta be timing. You have to sell the dream because if you're not going to sell yourself, then no one else is going about it.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that always helps ex sells flirting with the shark.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you have people pitching ideas to you now, like when you go to barbecues and like that. Yeah, yes, yeah, I've got an idea for it. It's going to be worth a fortune.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, go do it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you said to it because my eight year old.
Speaker 1: I'm scited because I think this is a great idea.
Speaker 3: So my eight year old honey is money obsessed, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: A hussler Jane.
Speaker 4: He's like, he'll also love this is we kept you out of the studio, you know, in case he rocked in because he'd probably steal your handbag.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: He is an entrepreneur. So basically we used to live across the road from a baseball field and not on a hot day he would sell icy poles. But he had a tip jar on the counter and he would spray water on his face. It looked like he'd been out sweating and sitting there for hours. People felt bad and put money in the tip jarcket on him, But then as they walked away, he'd take money out of the tip jar and had a different jar on.
Speaker 1: The account I want to look like you've got many tips.
Speaker 3: So the tip jar always looked empty. He made one hundred and sixty dollars in two days, smart super god, and this morning he has an idea he'd like to pitch you. Are you ready, Yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: Next into the tank.
Speaker 6: As a young boy with a new spin on jewelry.
Speaker 15: Hu Shacks, my name is Hudson. When you were growing up, did you watch your sisters and mum putting on fancy jewey and think, wow, that looks flushy, but what color was some star as well is her books on the well, now we come, I give you Boidling, a line of cool flushy chains. Jewelry for kids from diamond basketball chains two friendship ones that you can share with some mate, I have to stock, I have the website now. I just in a shark I want to join me and had some drink to boys lives with boy playing.
Speaker 3: So he has created boy bling. He loves a bit of bling.
Speaker 1: He wears like, oh my god, he's a door.
Speaker 3: Hey, he loves a bit of jewelry. But there's no jewelry out there for boys.
Speaker 1: Chains and stuff.
Speaker 14: Actually, I have a four year old and when Taylor Surfaces was here and everyone had the tailor Swift bracelet and we made some.
Speaker 6: Some of the girls I work made me some. He my four year old love them.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, look, there's definitely there's definitely something there and he needs to Yeah, he should just get on TikTok.
Speaker 2: She's trying to get out, you know, when they're sort of like, yeah, yeah, it's not for me. It's not for me.
Speaker 3: I've already got a business that's a competitor.
Speaker 1: Remember a four year olds to deal with.
Speaker 3: You just don't want any other kids to deal with.
Speaker 1: Poor Hudson.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got his website. It's up and running, all right.
Speaker 6: I know you love it.
Speaker 3: I know what you'll say. It's a classic line on Shark Tank. I'll be a customer, but not an investor.
Speaker 1: I don't want to break it's a lot. I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I'll Investrand does the wodies on Shark Tank still, Yes, yes, yes, yes, he is he still making bank.
Speaker 6: He sure is.
Speaker 2: He's a creator, he's a shark.
Speaker 1: Remember there was a guy that made the Doner suit.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that that was pretty much a knockoff of the audio.
Speaker 4: Was a tracksuit made out of a material. Yeah, and he walked around like Michel Man.
Speaker 3: I had one and everyone would have been taking the Pierce a Jane And now here they are sitting here with.
Speaker 14: Us, the producers and I have we prankd the Shark so last year we actually had the idea of having something like a Doner, a wearable Doner, just a prank.
Speaker 6: Davy gets a real hitting that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he would love that Shark Tank.
Speaker 3: You can catch up on ten play if you've already missed last week's Otherwise you can see it fresh Wednesday night eight thirty on ten and ten Play. Jane Louis, thanks so much for jumping on. We love the show.
Speaker 16: One question question five thousand dollars please please, yes, Chief.
Speaker 2: And Lawrence, five thousand dollar question.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Thanks you our mate to KFC. Heading to the KFC and get more bang for your bucket with Cave. He's packed lunch, but just nine to ninety five not available on delivery. Amazing Pat shout out to the colonel. Always ask for extra salt. Oh, extra sult on the chip. Oh my god, oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: All right, let's try and win someone some cash. Laura from Upwegh, you're out chosen to play a good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning team.
Speaker 1: Are we're very well?
Speaker 3: Laura?
Speaker 4: Do you listen to the five K question a lot? And how do you go playing along in the car?
Speaker 5: Not very well?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's that's that's confident, all right, yeah, yeah, okay? Are you ready to roll the disce?
Speaker 4: I just saw your building a holiday house in Bonnie Dune.
Speaker 1: We're going to Bonnie.
Speaker 4: I love Bonnie Dune. I think it's one of the most underrated places in Victoria.
Speaker 10: Isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 5: And you know, as we say, bit a serenity.
Speaker 3: All right, we are playing for five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars that's what I just said. Mate, you will get a question. You will have three seconds to answer. If you don't know, may I suggest you guess?
Speaker 1: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 6: What is the tiny bit of plastic at the end of the shoelace called three?
Speaker 11: Two?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: A cat?
Speaker 1: It is not a cap lor. I'm so it is an aglet?
Speaker 4: Would you believe an ag lit? Imagine who invented that?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: The guy that invented the aglet or the lady is worth a fort John, Oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, an aglet. People who work in shoe shops would know that.
Speaker 3: Made of Mind started selling you know, the curly laces or you don't actually have to do them up, they just sort of curl.
Speaker 1: They were massive in the nineties. I hadn't.
Speaker 3: He was trying to bring him back. He guess it's going to make me a fortune.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's too like it. Well they were elcrow now bel crow.
Speaker 4: Hey Laura, thanks for playing along anyway, and enjoy building that holiday house in Bonnie Dooing.
Speaker 1: You live in the dream.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks, Jem, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Dora. I can heading to CAFC and get more bang for your bucket with KFC's pack lunch with his nine ninety five. Not available on delivery tomorrow is Melbourne Cup and one man knows what it's like not just to win the Cup, but win at three times.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Legendary jockey Damian Oliver, mister Melbourne Cup himself, joins us next here on Nova and let's say hello to our next guest.
Speaker 11: Introducing our next guest, here's one of Australia's most decorated jockeys.
Speaker 17: I like to think jockeys are pretty strong characters and maybe gett knocked over and getting back up a few times throughout your career certainly helps you deal with those situations.
Speaker 11: With one hundred and twenty nine Group one winners and three Melbourne Cup victories to his name, he's a small man with big accomplishments.
Speaker 6: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Damien Oliver, Damien oli Our good morning, Good morning morning guys. Hey you first year you're on the Champagnes and not on the horse.
Speaker 17: Yeah, a bit more relaxing. I've had to revisit my wardrobe a little bit. The girth's a bit bigger this year than it was last year.
Speaker 3: Same, but I wasn't riding.
Speaker 4: It always like freaks me out a little bit though. How intense you guys have to train to be jockeys, Like when you see jockeys in hot baths before the race, is just trying to drop those tiny tiny bits of weight.
Speaker 1: Are you relieved to not have to do that anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I am, I certainly am, and I'm joining.
Speaker 17: The sleeping's a lot more too, not the early mornings, all that side of it, thank starving myself.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do the the runs in the garbage bags?
Speaker 17: Not quite a garbage bag? We had these things called sawna suits because they're a bit more advance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do they help you drop? Weait quickly?
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 1: Oh, we must get some.
Speaker 3: We'll breakfast in the moment.
Speaker 4: Days tomorrow, I've got a full twenty four hours before I need.
Speaker 2: This is your first Spring carnival, though not riding, well, I mean, what's it like? It has been a weird feeling.
Speaker 6: It is a bit weird. I'm getting used to it now.
Speaker 17: It's been sort of since the end of last year since I haven't done it, so yeah, it's been a long time that I did do it. I think over thirty six years or something like that. Wow, it's a little bit of getting used to it.
Speaker 2: Cups is that in thirty six?
Speaker 6: I raided in thirty two.
Speaker 1: And one three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was there one that was your favorite? Was there one that was more special than the other? Melbourne Cup?
Speaker 17: The most memorable would obviously be Media Puzzle when I lost my brother the week before, But they're all pretty special. My first one was amazing, changes your life, and then I won one for gay Waterhouse as well on Purente, so they're all very special.
Speaker 1: How did you do that?
Speaker 4: How did you ride Media Puzzle a week after losing your brother? Because it was the whole country was captivated by it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was pretty crazy. I'm glad it happened when I was a bit younger. Had it happened when I had children, I'm sure I would have been much more emotional about it. But yeah, I managed to do it. At the time, I didn't think it. Wasn't sure if it was the right decision because I didn't have such a great week other than that Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 6: But I was glad I was able to pull it off.
Speaker 4: But the whole of Flemington was cheering for you to win that like it was amazing to see the whole place just behind you in that moment when you crossed the finish line.
Speaker 1: How did you feel?
Speaker 17: It was a lot of relief, to be honest, I'd been beaten on a lot of favorites leading up to that race, and usually you get plenty of advice and it gets louder during the day if you're getting beaten on favorites during cup week. But yeah, it was a huge relief, and you know, I had no idea how bigger occasion it would be, but it was a wonderful memory and tribute for my brother.
Speaker 1: And do you get to keep the Melbourne Cup? Sorry? Do you get to keep the Melbourne Cup?
Speaker 2: Sort of?
Speaker 1: This is the joe keeps the horse.
Speaker 17: Owner or larger one for the owners, and then the jockey in the trainer gets a replica about you know, two third size as well, and the strapper as well.
Speaker 3: Do you ever, just as a power play, like for having people over for dinner, drink your wine out.
Speaker 2: Of the cup?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just bring it out for especial occasions.
Speaker 4: Yet, especially when you've got job over that haven't one one you can drink out of that And I'll drink out of you.
Speaker 2: What's I mean? At Melbourne Cup day and you won it first in ninety five with Deremus with Leaf Friedman. What a great day that was. What's the feeling like? Is it exhilarating to know that you've got this? You know, you're sitting on a beast of a thing and you you know, then the horses nose edges in front and you're about to win the biggest bloody race on Earth.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a huge build up.
Speaker 17: There's no other build up to a race like this one, you know, and you know the Cup itself is an hour before that race, and the Cup so you've got a lot of time to think about it. You don't want to get in your own way and run the race before the actual race. But then when you do win it, and if you come around that home turn you're thinking you're a chance. The emotions that you're feeling are just extraordinary. And then when you do win it, the relief, the excitement, it does change your life. And I mean you can win every other race and not be sort of recognized to mainstream people. You win the Cup and then all of a sudden changes changes.
Speaker 2: When you're coming back to scale and you're interviewed. I think your words were, I just won the Melbourne Cup. Yeah, actually I quite believe it. Yeah, yeah, it was a life changing experience. I'd run second the year before when I first want it, so to win it the following year amazing.
Speaker 6: Year was amazing.
Speaker 4: And so where do you watch the Melbourne Cup from tomorrow now that you're not racing?
Speaker 2: Because they have these.
Speaker 3: Fancy tents, which I'm not sure you're aware of.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine you being able to walk through Flemington. You would be like a rock star.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and especially as the day goes on with the punters.
Speaker 1: So where do you go to watch it?
Speaker 6: It is a bit crazy.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go out or just watch it at home, or I might be doing some work on one of the networks.
Speaker 6: So I'm still working it out.
Speaker 3: We're on the air with Melbourne Cup winning jockey Damien Oliver this morning. Hey, we've got to go to a break on the other side of this though, I know there is someone at the track that scares the hell out of you, and we want to ask her about a net We're on the air with legendary jockey Damien Oliver this morning.
Speaker 2: Are we looking out for the imports this year because you know the stable at Werribee Way usually very very hard to beat.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think Buckaro's my top pick. He's he was probably arguably unlucky not to win the Corefield Cup. He's missed a penalty for that. He's just got to run the distance. But I think he was the one with a flashing light on him and a bit of an outsider. I don't mind as well, who's really coming to form at the right time as a horse called Akita Sushi as well?
Speaker 6: Want to keep an eye out for.
Speaker 3: What's the relationship between jockeys.
Speaker 6: Like pretty good?
Speaker 17: Generally we have our moments, you know, it gets pretty competitive out there, but it's one of the stranger sports you'll sit in the Like most sports you opposition, you're sitting in the opposite rooms, we're all sitting in the same room.
Speaker 3: Then you get to go so the change roomor you're all together. Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So there's a lot of banter, you know, I mean, and there's a lot of fun, but at the same time it can be a dangerous sport as well. She's got to have a healthy respect for one another and occasionally when someone steps across that line, it can get a bit heated.
Speaker 3: Just on the dangerous sport angle. Horses scare me, Oh well, just because that's like there's such a powerful they're unpredictable. They're powerful, and that's my question. Unpredictable to you or because of the history you've got, the amount of work you've done with horses, you know of something.
Speaker 1: To try to read them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mostly you get on with them pretty well.
Speaker 17: You do get the odd one that's a little bit difficult to handle, but it's not only your horse you're sort of dealing with. When you're in a race, there could be fifteen or sixteen others as well, the cups twenty four, so it's a big field you go to try and navigate your way through. So and they're all trying to win the race and you're trying to win as well. So you know, there's a lot of tactics and competition that goes on out there as well.
Speaker 4: I know people say that the horses are scaring, the horses are tough, and the horses are all of this, but.
Speaker 1: Jockeys are so tough.
Speaker 4: Feeling like listening to jockeys talk about some of the injuries they're sustained and then got literally back on the horse. That's where the term came from. What are some of the things your body's gone through as a jockey? What are some of the injuries that you face? Just to give people a bit interested.
Speaker 3: You never see an ambulance going around the outside perimeter at the g do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But how tough?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: How much is your body gone through?
Speaker 17: My worst injury was I broke my back in two places and I had I've got six vertebrae fused in my spine, so from T one to T six, so pretty much through my shoulder blades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after bad injuries.
Speaker 17: You had three hip surgeries as well, and the last one didn't go so well, So I'm probably looking at a hip replacement at some stage, and a lot of other broken pains as well, hip reconstruction.
Speaker 3: Did you run in the You didn't ride the Melbourne Company.
Speaker 4: I was walking a straight line along the beach, Jason Marquee must have been all those years of wearing high heels in the bird caves that got me.
Speaker 3: What hell? And with that though it never crossed your mind, it's time to get out of this point.
Speaker 1: It did last year.
Speaker 17: Yeah, exactly. It took a while for the penny to drop, but eventually got there. But no, look, I mean when you do it from such a young age, it becomes part of your life, a bit of a way of life. There's some injuries that you think you might not be able to come back from, but when you're young and you tend to bounce back a little bit better. As you get a bit older, you don't bounce quite as well, so eventually it catches up with you.
Speaker 2: But what are you doing now? Like, what do you do outside of racing? Obviously, spend time with family, which is a luxury you probably didn't have as much when you're riding.
Speaker 17: A little bit more time on the golf course, family time as well. My roles have change. My wife actually is going to work and I'm doing domestic chores at home. So that's done a bit of a fout cross. I like that he's still riding. No, I haven't been on a horse since my last race.
Speaker 1: Really do you think you will?
Speaker 17: I might do eventually. Yeah, I'm just enjoying having a break from it. I did it for so long.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting you say that.
Speaker 4: I was talking to gm Rooney the other day who won gold Olympic medals, and she hasn't swum since her last race.
Speaker 3: Sign would you? That's all you did?
Speaker 4: Doesn't want to get in a pool, doesn't want to swim. It's even a swim bar, not even to a swim week. We took all the stools clean.
Speaker 3: How well are How old are the kids?
Speaker 6: Twenty one, seven, eight and fourteen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You ever get old habits like you're trying to get him out the door for school and of a sudden the whip comes out.
Speaker 6: No, they just told me to get stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They taller than you. At what stage did they take over?
Speaker 6: I think two are taller ones not.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just such a funny thing. Our parents go, oh, you're nearly as tall as me.
Speaker 3: Any of them got the racing bug mate?
Speaker 6: Not really my middle daughter.
Speaker 17: I think she's liking the the fashion side of things and the party side of things.
Speaker 6: I think she's going to races a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The other two not much interesting.
Speaker 3: No, I wo'd be pretty proud of dad, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you're.
Speaker 4: So humble, so nice. Okay, So Melbourne Cup tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It is a if I was at the pub and you were next to me and I saw you on your betting app. I would just be like.
Speaker 1: Now you're not racing? I can yes, all right, who was it that's going to win?
Speaker 4: Let me write that down something And Sushi Akita, Sushi, Keita sushi, I.
Speaker 3: Write down Sushi Mango the comedy group.
Speaker 2: This isn't just Melbourne's race, It's it's Victoria's race. It's Australas. There's so much happening around the States.
Speaker 6: Race this day around Australia is huge.
Speaker 17: I mean every race meeting around Melbourne Cup Day that the crowds are huge. I think the seven race meetings throughout Victoria. It's just a massive day and used the racistops the nation.
Speaker 2: What about Gay Waterhouse isn't she an icon? She is just the other day, had no idea what was about to come out of her mouth.
Speaker 4: She was walking, she put her dog to the racetrack, whatever was happening, and she's everyone's there in their fashion and she's just walking.
Speaker 17: She's just a glorious You wouldn't mess with her with you, No, you don't upset gay.
Speaker 6: I've been on the wrong end of a couple of gays phrase.
Speaker 3: Yet I was about this. The first time in this chat i've seen the look of fear on your face. You've spoken about riding horses winning Melbourne Cup. But Gay Waterhouse.
Speaker 4: She was on the broadcast the other day and I think it was Jason Richardson was like, okay, we're on and she was doing her makeup and she was like, well, I'm doing my makeup sorry, and he's like we're like, we're on live.
Speaker 1: She's like that's fine, they'll wait, and then she just keeps doing a little checking and she goes to him and puts a bit of bronze on him.
Speaker 3: She's like, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: We're ready.
Speaker 6: No feelter gay.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like Gay is living in Gay's world and we're all just little minions.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what someone like that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: This is very much Laurence.
Speaker 3: Well, I mate enjoy the day tomorrow. Congratulations on all your success. You're an Australian icon and yeah you deserve to have a few car once tomorrow and watch the race.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Everyone enjoyed the Melbourne Captays.
Speaker 1: Clinty, you know many of my friends, we have many metal friends, and I have question, do you know a.
Speaker 4: Few of them, Jase, but you don't know as many as Clint. I try and keep you separate.
Speaker 2: My friends for twenty years.
Speaker 3: It's Clint ever gone. How do I put this swimming in the friendship pool?
Speaker 1: Oh that is a good question.
Speaker 2: I mean Lauren and I haven't no no no no.
Speaker 3: No no no no no. But I'm talking like the friendship pull like Lauren's friends.
Speaker 1: Have you ever looked up with any of my friends?
Speaker 3: You have a stripped a friend?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think you've stooped any of my friends either, because you're your friends quite a pen.
Speaker 1: My friend Lucy is the ultimate catch.
Speaker 2: We're a bit similar than Lucy and I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, you're a catch too.
Speaker 4: No, but I think because Clinton, I have such great mate like I don't think i'd like it went wrong.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you have to pick a sye?
Speaker 1: You're almost like a brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I would hate it.
Speaker 4: My brother kissed a few of my friends back in the day, and that didn't go well.
Speaker 3: But I kiss a few, I was about to say, both ways.
Speaker 1: That didn't go very well either.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I have some gorgeous friends, as you know very well put together beautiful girls. I'm not going to name who it is because I want all my friends to think this is about them, but it's not. It's about one of them. Paul saw one of our friends the other day in the street and he came home and he said, she's so gorgeous.
Speaker 1: She always looks immaculate.
Speaker 4: Her hair is always done, her makeup is always perfect. And every single time I see her, whether it's in the morning, whether it's in the evening, whether it's in the afternoon, this girl looks like she's just walked out of her so long.
Speaker 3: You know, those people, I hate them.
Speaker 4: Just so well put together the outfits with And Paul said to me, I wonder if it's a bit boring.
Speaker 1: And I said, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: And he goes, well, she always looks like that, like I mean, look at you right now, he goes, And then when you get dressed.
Speaker 1: Like I'm sitting there on the couch and I'm like what and he goes, but like, you know, you just look so natural. And then when you get dressed and you just look so beautiful, and it's so like it's just you know, wow.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what do you mean that I'm sitting there in my hoodie, in my tracksuit, and he was like, no, I'm saying, I mean you you look great.
Speaker 2: What did you use to castrate him?
Speaker 4: I was like, he's just digging this whole bigger and bigger, and he was just trying to get out of it and get out of it. I was like, yeah, it must be boring for her husband, having her look like a supermodel when she wakes up Frank style.
Speaker 3: It's two words at a band in our house. Yeah, the natural, like natural, you look so natural.
Speaker 1: No, don't ever say that.
Speaker 3: And the one that always gets me in hot water.
Speaker 1: I bet I know what word it is. I can read your mind.
Speaker 2: Four letters.
Speaker 1: Fine, should I wear this? That looks fine? Yeah? No, no, no, not fine?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're right, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Don't ever tell a woman she looks fine?
Speaker 2: Oh god, what's wrong with fine?
Speaker 4: Fine means it's fine means I don't look gorgeous. So I'm going to go enough.
Speaker 3: You look fine?
Speaker 1: Oh that is why you're single. Oh yeah, you look good enough to go out.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going to die?
Speaker 1: Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's how. Never say fine, I'm good enough to go out what's this?
Speaker 1: That's probably another reason why you're single.
Speaker 3: Mace Dog, who works in our promotions department, has just walked through. Good morning, Mace, hit the button.
Speaker 2: I'll just try it on a female here.
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going good?
Speaker 2: How's a gown?
Speaker 3: You look fine today?
Speaker 4: Thank you? No, that's if you said that wrong. What you need to do is go Do you like her outfit? It looks fine, looks fine. That's that's the problem. That's offensive, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Very offensive? D She has no idea what she's walked into.
Speaker 2: She looks good enough to go out in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But when I put in an hour of effort of like washing my hair and putting on a face and putting on a dress, and I come downstairs and I go, is this okay? And by the way, nine times out of ten we're saying is this okay? Because we want you to go You look gorgeous. That's great.
Speaker 1: When I come downstairs, ago, is this okay to go out?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: I've got my handbag, I've got my shoes on, I'm ready to walk.
Speaker 1: No, No, you look lovely. That is so disingenuous.
Speaker 3: You're reading the auto kick exactly.
Speaker 1: Lucky it's fine. No, I want you to go.
Speaker 3: Oh you look great, beautiful, you look magnificent.
Speaker 1: Try hard.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brodie, do you like this outfit? I'm about to walk out the door. You look great, Lory, Thanks Brody, love you And I'm off Jase, you like this outfit?
Speaker 3: He's just trying to shag anyway. No him, Can you look fine?
Speaker 1: I told you, oh no, And then when you said I've already told you.
Speaker 4: Oh, well that's stuna, You've tom me Alex fine twice.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourteen, cearly.
Speaker 1: Not going anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm changing thirteen twenty four ten. Have you tried to give someone a compliment and it is backfired in.
Speaker 2: A spectacular way?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, we want to talk compliments. Have you had a compliment backfire like a backhanded comp You got it? Thirteen twenty four ten is our number to join us on the air. Let's go to the phone.
Speaker 1: Sarah from Roville, Morning Morning, Morning Morning.
Speaker 4: Did someone say something that they thought was a compliment but you took offense to it?
Speaker 3: Set the scene?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 18: So I'm a skin therapist and I've had really, really bad acne most of my life that I've just kind of got under control. When once I was also working in my industry, but I had one of my clients come up to me and go, oh, thank god you finally got your skink kid.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank god. You don't lead with that.
Speaker 18: And it was also why I was also fixing her skins.
Speaker 2: I was also a great acres.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's just better not to lead with your glow.
Speaker 4: I had a bad year of skin recently as well, and sometimes Paul would say, Oh, no, your skin's not looking too bad today, too bad?
Speaker 3: No, wonder you guys don't know?
Speaker 1: That's that's that's what I would say, that doesn't look too bad.
Speaker 3: And it's like, what you need to say is you're glowing if you don't anything, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, if you said that, I'd be like, that's a lie, that's a lie.
Speaker 3: Let's go to my neck of the words he spent any Hi there you're going. We're talking backhanded compliments. What do you got for us? Oh?
Speaker 13: When I was working at Woollies when I was a teenager, my boss said to me, you're not just a pretty face after all. In fact, you're not even that at all.
Speaker 2: Oh just a sledge, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's not a backhanded compliment.
Speaker 4: I think you was he trying to say, you're a good worker, but you're just not very pretty.
Speaker 2: Is always an issue. Don't do it full stop.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 4: But sometimes I mean to your friends or your family. Sometimes people do and you think it's a compliment.
Speaker 1: And it ain't.
Speaker 3: You remember when we got the ass last year and we were out of Breakfast Radio for a few months, and we had been caught up in a while, and I went over to your place and I walk in. Everyone's like, whoa, look at you?
Speaker 2: A weight?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, okay, so never you guys will never told me I was super fat and I needed to lose weight, like you know, you weren't.
Speaker 2: Did I look fine?
Speaker 1: He looked fine.
Speaker 2: I don't do fine.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being hey, guys.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: We are out of here.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is Melbourne Cup day tomorrow. I have fun everyone going along? Do they still have a safe day and a fun day out of the races?
Speaker 1: And if you're wearing spanks all day tomorrow?
Speaker 2: And have we got sweet? Have we done a sweep?
Speaker 1: God speed?
Speaker 3: We're doing We're doing a Melbourne Cup party at our place. Got at your place to one of the moms.
Speaker 1: That guy who always fors asleep, standing.
Speaker 3: Up, going sleepy sedish is sleeping tomorrow. He won't be coming, But I've got tah and Bench coming around.
Speaker 1: Crazy benchy pants on bench.
Speaker 3: Yep and and Kiri Mann and coming here.
Speaker 1: Your not coming because he's not invited, because he's avoiding it.
Speaker 3: He can come to you once. We're doing a we're doing best dress. But it's for the most relaxed to look.
Speaker 1: I love it. What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: Whoever rocks up looking the most relaxed?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's your house that you've got to be in bed, feet.
Speaker 3: Lose, concerned. That's pretty much asking someone to come nude.
Speaker 1: But it's not relaxed. No one's relaxed when they're naked, unless you're a supermodel.
Speaker 2: They're really not.
Speaker 1: Being naked. Is for the bathroom with.
Speaker 2: The lights off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that is it. Enjoy a cup day tomorrow Wednesday. Bye, Lauren up feeling good on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred. Chase and Lauren only go on socials.
Speaker 14: Yeah,