Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Devastating news this morning that Liam Payne from One Direction has passed away.
Speaker 3: I know, very unexpected and very tragic, and.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry this is the first time that you've turned on the radio and that you're hearing it for the first time. There are so many like very sad, grieving One Direction fans today. Yeah, and it's just I mean, thirty.
Speaker 4: One years old, devastating and devastating. It's also devastating to think that he has a daughter, Swany, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, and yeah, look, you know, thoughts go out to the fans and of course his family and friends really really sad stuff awful.
Speaker 4: And also often when people pass away, Swanie, we do, especially here at Nova, sort of wind back the clock and listen back to their back catalog. Yes, and a song that you and I have always loved together, loved since it came out.
Speaker 3: I believe it was on the fifty shap.
Speaker 2: Yes it was, it was, and that's a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Ages We're going to enjoy that now in Liam Paine's honor. Here with read or It's for you on the Christy Swan Shows.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan.
Speaker 2: Show, and this is always an automatic. Yes, whenever we're off of this magnificent woman, Hello before her.
Speaker 5: Hello you two beautiful people.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just get you in. We don't really know what we're going to talk about, farm, I just want to look at you. You're so magical.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: And yes, you make me feel good every time I come in. I feel like, you know, I'm on top of the world.
Speaker 2: Well, that's our job, isn't it, Jack, It is.
Speaker 3: And you always serve a look for a smith.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You dressed very well.
Speaker 5: I know who I'm dealing with, so I know I have to denim romper dress denim romper with a boot that is in the style of I used to wear them in the nineteen eighties. It's like a heeled boot, but with a big overhang that covers up the ankle.
Speaker 2: It's sort of widened and I love it. It's like an uncircumcised Yeah. It's the best sort of way to study. Yeah cover. Yeah, it's got a wood, Yes it does, it does.
Speaker 5: Aren't they good?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: My mum would never let me wear these, probably because of those reasons.
Speaker 2: No, she wouldn't trust you to clean underneath it properly, you know. Yes, They are a magnificent pair of boots. You are a magnificent woman. Let's talk about spits and specs returns this Sunday, Yes, seven thirty back on all the standard amazing stuff. They're great show. Something has really caught my eye here. I know there will be a massive singalong. What is what is this? Please? Because I love a single.
Speaker 5: Oh you do love a sing along, and it's a beautiful singalong from the woman who has brought us pub choir. I don't know if you've ever been along to pub choir.
Speaker 2: I really want.
Speaker 5: Everyone says it's amazing, and I've never done it either.
Speaker 4: Chrissy introduced me to that with the videos of them singing Taylor Swift. I remember, Yes, they're amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Astra Jorgenson is the woman behind it. She is phenomenal. So she'll be getting us all into a big sing along because we've got a special guest who has to show off his talents at the end of the show, which might just be the Prime Minister of the country.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit bonkers.
Speaker 2: He is totally bonkers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because politicians don't go on shows, and I was thinking about and going people as like, what's he doing on the show? I think the realization that, regardless of your political preferences, having your prime minister on a show that's obviously become so much a part of the cultural fabric that they want to go on the show. It's like that's a huge honor.
Speaker 2: People can complain and have a problem with everything these days, they cross my mind.
Speaker 4: And I think it's really great for him to go on a show like that and see a different side of his personality, not just talking about snore stuff, yeah, exact getting into the music and culture of it all.
Speaker 5: He does tell some good stories actually about Dolly Parton's two big sorry what Knockers buses buses that he got into the country as transport minister. There's that, and look he's good and look I was actually a bit nervous. I have to be honest, because these things can go either way. You get a prime minister of your country on a show, and if it turns, it turns. And so I was on my best behavior for about two minutes and then I just.
Speaker 2: Forgot lucky because he's got a personality which is great. Yes, Now Big Music Day today, Lee and Payne has passed away.
Speaker 5: This is awfully, awfully tragic, and I just want to say sorry to so many people who would be feeling really sad today.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that is a real, proper, legitimate grief. I remember when George Michael died, who was one of mine. I said to Jack this morning, I don't think I still don't think I'm over it. So I'm too old to be, you know, thrust into the depths of despair over Lee and Payne. Obviously it's very sad, but you know, it does exist. There are people that are going to be having really, really, really tough days.
Speaker 5: Yes, because you adore these people and there and his was a particularly intense fandom that he had with his audience, and that is you know, I think we've come to learn that it's important to legitimize these relationships because they're part of growing up. It's like blokes with sports people, right, that's fine, we make that serious. It's equally this is and quite often it's it's it's girls who adore these artists. But it's the same sort of thing. It's how you work out who you are, what you want to be, what type of people you want to be around. You play that out through these pop stars, and it's all perfectly normal and legitimate, and these relationships are very very real.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 4: In your lifetime, if do you remember a particular artist or band passing away that really affected you, oh, well.
Speaker 5: More recently, it would have been David Bowie. I remember when that happened, and that just kind of broke my heart. But I mean there's always been lots of them that just make you so sad. I think, probably given the you know the difficulty of his laterst story. But Michael Jackson of course really.
Speaker 2: Sad before shocking.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, obviously there's there's a really bleak history there as well, now that we know. But someone like that.
Speaker 2: Jeff Buckley, but me was because that's our generation.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and he was so beautiful and just such an you know, an angel. Sometimes these artists are so special that you feel like we don't deserve them.
Speaker 2: I think if an alert went off on my phone and Dolly Parton I died, I would have to clear the schedule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that's a no work day, that's a week off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Stevin Nix of course, Swift, oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Can't imagine that nobody would shut down. Yes, we just have to go off air for a week out of respect.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite Taliswist song?
Speaker 5: Just do I have a favor? I think all too well at the moment, I sort of it sticks in my head all the time. That's one of those ones I get all the time, so I think that might be. It's not necessarily a favorite.
Speaker 2: It's just around.
Speaker 3: Is the version?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too long?
Speaker 5: Too long? And I'm normally of your ill could you long get to the point. I really like that, the idea that you can play out at some theater within it. And she does it so well.
Speaker 2: She does so well, and went to watch her a too well, let's just to watch her perform that live. You're just like hanging off every word, she says, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Magic before hers Thank you so much for coming in. Make sure you're tuning too.
Speaker 4: Speaks and specs This Sunday at seven point thirty on ABC TV and ABC I view We love you and please come back soon.
Speaker 5: I will come back any time for you to love you.
Speaker 1: Hooray Bike The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Bubble Skincare has landed exclusively at Priceline Pharmacy Affordable High quality and effective. Face your days with confidence. Bubble is a new school approach to skincare designed to deliver long lasting results.
Speaker 8: Shop now in Store of Price Sign Pharmacy The Chrisy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: There's the answer that we've been arguing to try and find. Which is the better Teddy Swim song, The Door or the one that I like Lose Control Control?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can remember the title.
Speaker 2: I said it was lose control, And I'm right because Cyril hasn't had to work his magic to try and bring it alive.
Speaker 3: Has on that one, you wouldn't be able to unose control because.
Speaker 2: I doesn't need it. So down and it doesn't need it. There's no positive viable the way it is.
Speaker 4: Nah, the Door lends itself to be even more upbeaten vibey.
Speaker 2: The Door needs more. You're listening to the Christy Swad Show on Nova. I don't like it when we fight. In fact, why don't you meet me underneath the stairwhell like this couple? Hello, Actually, no, I'm not. I don't really mean that suddenly.
Speaker 3: Got very that felt like incest.
Speaker 2: That's not right. A couple have been looking for a little quiet spot after Olivia Rodrigo concert this.
Speaker 3: Week last week?
Speaker 2: I last week Wednesday. No, this Wednesday, last Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Rod was last Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well there you go. Anyway, they've been up to no good on the train station and they have flooded the station, causing everybody delays on getting home.
Speaker 4: I mean, getting home from a concert is grim enough. You don't even wait till the end of concerts because you've got to get out.
Speaker 2: I will not go to concerts anymore. After the Harry style situation, We're two hours to get home and I was crying in public. I was crying in public and laying on a grassy knoll.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really really depressing.
Speaker 4: Had there been a pat photo that would have looked like one of those fake AI photos where Dicky Wilkins is arrested in the park, Yes, yours would have just been legit.
Speaker 2: It was real.
Speaker 4: But Flagstaff Station, I mean, it's a boring station. It's kind of fun for it to have a little bit of pr and have a little raunchy moment.
Speaker 2: The photographs of this couple sort of nonchalantly sneaking under the stairwell and then running for their lives after knocking the sprinkler system is derekal It's very embarrassing and scary when you flood something, particularly by accident.
Speaker 3: I've never flooded anything, have you.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten? Have you flooded anything? It's like to have to deal with water at home. It's my worst nightmare. Like I would much rather the house burned down than have to deal with water in my laundry. I don't know what it is, well I do.
Speaker 3: You're a paramaniac. We already know that you are.
Speaker 4: Obsessed with fire, so that's why you'd rather that. No normal person would pick a house fire over a flood. I'm just putting it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I've never said I was normal. Thurn In twenty four ten. Have you ever flooded anything by accident or on purpose? And I am here to tell you that I have flooded something and it was not an accident.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 2: I did it on purpose. This is my kid's favorite story that I tell them, right, Okay, Sometimes Kit, my thirteen year old, goes tell me that story again right from the beginning of it. You're flooding your school. Oh that's right, And I tell him. And the reason I tell him is because I want him to know that brain farts are normal, that in your lifetime you are going to do things that are totally out of character and they'll never make any sense to you. As this does not make sense to me.
Speaker 4: Especially in these teen years, it's normal. Please run everyone through the story again.
Speaker 2: So I was fifteen years old, and I still don't know why I thought of it. I loved my school, I loved being there. I still love it, but for reasons still unknown, I went into the girl's toilets and I stuffed four toilet rolls into the toilet. It's an ancient school, it's like heritage listed right, yeah, and that includes all the good stuff, but it also includes like the.
Speaker 3: Plumbing, which is as old as times.
Speaker 2: And I shot four toilet rolls in there. And then it was one of those toilets you know. It wasn't a button. It was like a yank down side, and I yanked it and yanked it like a woman possessed until the water overflowed the top, and then it started coming out all over the toilet stall and then I fled. I don't even know what I was thinking at that point, and then I fled out for recess. By the time recess was over, there was water flowing down the stairs of my school.
Speaker 3: Iconic.
Speaker 4: Does it still get talked about?
Speaker 2: Well, it does get talked about at my house because my kids are like you what, I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: That should be on a plaq in that toilet at your school.
Speaker 2: You know that it's vandalism. I could have been soued like I could have been taken to court.
Speaker 3: Surely not as a team though, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know they said I was lucky. Have you ever flooded anything by accident or on purpose?
Speaker 1: The Creasy Swan Show, The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: For asking you, have you ever accidentally or on purpose flooded something?
Speaker 4: Adele would have definitely, Yeah, give her a bottle of shampos and then should be flooding everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's busy writing amazing songs. Of course, this couple has looked for a quiet spot to get to know each other a little bit better. Was that a nicer way to say it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This music does the describing for us.
Speaker 2: And while they were doing that, that's just chatting about you know.
Speaker 3: Would you rather chatting your acond?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite pasta?
Speaker 3: I think I would have just been grunting and.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they bumped the sprinkler system at a Melbourne train station and flooded everything and given everybody a massive headache trying to get home. Naughty, naughty, naughty Kiara, What did you do with your high? What did you do with your bath?
Speaker 7: I was about sixteen years old and I lived in it like I lived in a two story house and I ran a bar, and I completely forgot about it for about four hours until my mum walked in the door screaming my name because the water was pouring down the stairs and threw the light fixtures downstairs rooms. And I it's fair to say I was in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: I bet the water coming out of the light fixtures Jack, That's what I mean by this is my worst nightmare, because I would just be like, oh God, we're all going to die now.
Speaker 7: It was horrible, but it was never spoken about again, like.
Speaker 2: We were just that's nice. That's nice of your mum to just not bring it up every time she turned the tap on.
Speaker 3: If I was like Kiari sibling, I'd rub it in her face every day.
Speaker 2: For the rest of our Life's very kind.
Speaker 3: Pricelin pharmacy, a bouchal, a few ki Hello.
Speaker 2: Matthew, Hello did you Oh my god, you are a kindred spirit. You flooded your school?
Speaker 9: Yeah, at least a classroom, a bit of a classroom. Yes, we did.
Speaker 2: Gat feeling so much better. Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 9: We basically ran a Bunsen burner hose from the water taps. So the water taps were on the benches with the gas taps them, So we ran a bunch of hose Bunzer burner hose from the water tap into the gas line, and we basically turned the water on when we went to lunch, so basically afterwards that that room had water all coming out of it. But it went through the whole all of science gas lines. It also took out the Home Economics building and that as well, so no one, no one could do gas anything to do with gas like cooking or anything for two weeks at least until they got all the water out of the line.
Speaker 2: Well, you expelled. And how did they find out it was you?
Speaker 9: They didn't find out it was me. They knew that it was either one of a few of us, They knew the class, but they couldn't pinpoint who it was Matt.
Speaker 2: You know how they found out it was me? Matt. Yeah, Melanie snitched.
Speaker 9: I had pretty good friends you did.
Speaker 4: If I ever go to prison, Matt, I'd like to take you because you sound like you'd be a dude that could like break us out.
Speaker 7: Give it a go.
Speaker 2: That's so much I will finished with you, Michael. What did you flood?
Speaker 10: Well, this is either an alcoholics nightmare or dreams. So I was cleaning the lines of the function room upstairs, and you when you pull the water through from the keg room, which is three levels down up to the top floor, you pull the water through, turn the taps off, and then go downstairs and connect the kegs. Yeah, so all I thought I'd turn the taps off, went back downstairs, connected to the kegs, got distracted, and then me and another guy was standing in the bar. What's that water dripping?
Speaker 3: In a minute?
Speaker 10: That's not water to be Oh no, the taps are on, so it was raining beer.
Speaker 2: Liked the pots are on.
Speaker 1: You the Crissy Swan Show. Let's go sticking, Chrissy Click.
Speaker 2: You're just tuning in and this is the first sort of radio experience you've had today. I'm fortunate news this morning. One Direction's Liam Payne passed away overnight in Buenos rs and there are so many heartbroken fans One Direction. You know, it's one of those bands like the Beatles or you know, like Oasis that really means so much to people of a certain generation.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Swani, the fandom for boy bands is a different kind of fan.
Speaker 3: I agree, it's really like next level.
Speaker 2: Often it's the first boy that you know makes you realize that you have that you're capable of those sorts of feelings. Yeah, of course, you know really that they really mean something.
Speaker 4: And I should say at the start of the show, I said it was it's extremely sad, especially as he has a child.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have a daughter. I've got a son called Bert with Sheryl Cole. Anyway, as is their kind of usual way of going about things. Some publishing websites have published and released images of Liam Payne after he'd passed away, and I can't think of anything that's worse taste than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty bottom of the barrel stuff, it.
Speaker 2: Really really is. And Alessiya Kara, I think is probably only one voice of millions. Of course, we got to know her from her work on the first Mohana film. The second one's coming out, by the way, Yes.
Speaker 3: What a song, what a voice.
Speaker 2: She involved in the second one.
Speaker 3: I don't believe, so I'm not sure that, but I don't think she is.
Speaker 2: It's a shame. But she has called out these websites TMZ in particular and just said you are absolutely disgusting, and we agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a shame as well, because once that sort of image gets released, it's now all over X and it's already been circulated.
Speaker 2: Of course, it never goes away. What was that? That was the scariest thing I ever learned about the Internet. Whatever you put on there, never.
Speaker 3: It ain't getting deleted.
Speaker 2: Why is that? By the way, I think, how can that be? Surely everything is able to be deleted, But.
Speaker 4: How do you delete just one image like sorry, Like that's been posted by so many different accounts, et cetera.
Speaker 3: There would have to be away.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, Yeah, it's shared once and then it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah on several accounts.
Speaker 4: But it's funny because like there's been sports stars who have had images released and suddenly they are part of big corporate There are part of big corporations and those images somehow get all.
Speaker 3: So there obviously really is a way.
Speaker 2: There's ways to get rid of it. Yes, so thoughts you know are with you if you're a massively in pain fan, because today is a very very sad day change of pace project style. This photograph really peaked my interest. It's of a house roof in a Perth suburb called.
Speaker 3: Ginderly looks like a roof. It's in a color bond a it does.
Speaker 2: It's a very nice brand new cream color bond corrugated iron roof and sitting atop it is not a chimney, is not a Halloween decoration. It is a spa, you know, one of those spars that probably were made famous on Big Brother where very very naughty things happen. It is sitting on top of this house and all the neighbors saw it and they were like, what is going on And there was some sort of suspicion that, you know, the installer had put it there anyway. The installer has responded to the nine News post of his handiwork. It turns out he says, well, it looks like my work is getting some unexpected attention for everyone asking yes I did the job as agreed, but Unfortunately, the client refused to pay after the work was completed. While I don't normally handle disagreements like this, I had to get creative and that is where the spa ended up. That said, I always strive to deliver top quality service clients. And if you're looking for someone who gets a job done right and makes your payment terms of respected, reach out to myself. HP Transportation for Prietary Limited. He would have had to have forklifted that onto the roof, right, Like you're not just picking that up and hairling it on there.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the good people of Perth because that stuff just doesn't happen enough.
Speaker 2: Very spiteful.
Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy s One Show.
Speaker 2: Real question. I'm trying out some new active there today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is it on.
Speaker 2: It's called on, It's new to Australia. This is not a paid whatever. Right. But if the crotch is low, do you know what I mean? Like, if I'm trying to shimmy into it, does that mean they are too small or too big?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: H do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Does it mean you need to yank them further up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like they're they're high wasted. They look like they're made to be high wasted.
Speaker 2: How do I get them up any further?
Speaker 3: Just fool and then they fall down? Maybe?
Speaker 2: So does that mean they're too small? Too big? It's a real question. I'm not sure because I got them, do you know what I mean? Get them on and then they fall a bit. I don't know, too big or too small. They're very nice, though, aren't they?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Tom, just rightful? Camelto? Thanks Tom, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Did she know someone told me last week that Camelto's are a thing? They're coming back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, Chloe Kardashian has really brought it back because she calls hers Camille.
Speaker 3: She speaks to it on the show.
Speaker 2: That is magical. Do you know if you had one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you know what it's called? What a moose knuckle it is?
Speaker 3: That's right? Hey.
Speaker 4: Coming up before four, we're going to be asking for your sweeping statements aka your unpopular opinions. But next, Chrissy's queasy to win this trip to Sri Lanka. We have our carryover champ on the line. If you beat them today, you need to just then make it to tomorrow and you could be flying to Shri Lanka.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's get one step closer to Shri Lanka. Shall we experience with connecting you?
Speaker 5: But I'll still excited fulknom.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, look at that, a brand new voiceover and everything Sri Lankan quizzy, it's legit? Are you so excited? Christy? You are two winds away?
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I couldn't even sleep last night.
Speaker 3: I was get to Priceline and get some rest of it, or.
Speaker 2: Get to Priceline and get some sunscreen, if you know what I mean. All right, you are up against Catherine today. Hello Catherine, Hi, guys Hi? How long has it been since you've had a fabulous warm weather island holiday?
Speaker 7: Can I say never?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, mind, I can't find my questions.
Speaker 3: Jack after Tom can run some questions.
Speaker 2: No, here, it is, here, it is. I've got it. I've got it. Of course Tom did the right thing. I'm just losing my mind. I'm just so excited at the opportunity to give away this incredible holiday thanks to Sri Lankan Airlines, valued at seven and a half grand.
Speaker 4: Seven and a half. Now, Catherine, have you heard Christie play over the last few days?
Speaker 7: I haven't actually, because I've been at work and I've got a day off to day if I'm moving.
Speaker 3: So no, Well she's a gun.
Speaker 4: So I'm just warning You've got to get in quick.
Speaker 2: We call it quick draw Christie behind the scenes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 2: Your names of your buzzes best of five. First person to get three answers quick Mets is back here tomorrow and plays for the holiday. Question number one, what animal is on the Sri Lankan flag? Yes, Christy, it is a lion. Question number two, big breath, both of you. Which AFL club is in trouble for their Whacky Week? Yes, Christy, g WS it is. Oh my god, see what I mean? See what I mean?
Speaker 4: Also, can I just say the comments I made about when we were talking about GWS yesterday, we didn't know all the new stuff.
Speaker 3: I woke up today and was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh wow, oh really is it really bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not great because we.
Speaker 4: Were like state, yeah, no, there's probably a few things they shouldn't have done. We'll talk about it in the song.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: Question number three, this is for the win, Christy, and we'll get you to the final quizzy tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: Seven years ago. Today, Post Malone released this song, what's a Paul.
Speaker 1: Christy?
Speaker 2: Yes, Christy fall apart? Yes, yes it is Christy. That's three for three. We will see you back here tomorrow with another opponent for the holiday. Christy.
Speaker 7: Oh Christy, Oh my god, you have a good getting an easy opponent tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Please Catherine, You've won a Christy Swan Show limited edition bum bag.
Speaker 3: How awful is that?
Speaker 10: You're fine?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chrissy Swan Show. It's time for this Swan's sweeping statements.
Speaker 2: You know last week's sweeping statement where I said, if you're the sort of person that backs into a car space, you can go to hell.
Speaker 3: Week before week before.
Speaker 2: It continues. In fact, in tomorrow's correspondence there's another final word.
Speaker 3: There is not a final word.
Speaker 4: Nobody is on your side, and the three messages you've received people are on your side.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 4: I will go through every TikTok and Instagram comment with you. I'm sorry, Sonny, You're just wrong.
Speaker 2: La La Lae twenty four ten. What is your unpopular opinion? What is your sweeping statement? I've got one kick us off, Swanye, I mean sort of brewing this for a while. Things have been annoying me every time that you say, oh God, that that person's not my cup of tea. Someone you know has written read a book on psychology and suddenly they're a clinical psychologist and they can diagnose everybody. And they'll be like, oh, they're a narcissist. Oh that's that's that's the trauma talking. And I saw a post on Instagram that said this, everyone you dislike who is sometimes I'm selfish is not a narcissist. Having needs doesn't make you codependent. I love this. One disagreement is not gas lighting, and feeling sad is not depression. Amen. If I want a diagnosis of anything, I go to a medical practitioner or a psychologist or a psychiatrist, someone that has studied these things, not someone that's listened to mel Robins.
Speaker 4: Fantastic point, Swanye, But I need to get back to the roof of this segment. What is your sweeping statement there?
Speaker 2: My sweeping statement is everyone you dislike who is sometimes selfish is not a narcissist.
Speaker 3: Great. I love it.
Speaker 4: We need to work on what an a sweeping statement is for you, because that was like an essay you just.
Speaker 2: Read that makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: A sweeping statement is a strong, short, concise statement.
Speaker 2: All right, what about this? I go, I'll take my diagnosis from someone that studied it.
Speaker 3: Done. Okay, my sweeping statement.
Speaker 2: If you haven't done a degree in it, I don't want your opinion.
Speaker 3: Got it good? Good?
Speaker 4: I can't believe I'm turning into this dude. But my sweeping statement is cold Plunges and Ice Barts Rock. I know I hate myself, but I know I did one earlier this week and I loved it and it was awesome and I got euphoric rush people talk about after it. My skin felt amazing. It was like all taught. It was just a real vibe. And I went back and did it again. What because I felt like, I'm like, oh, I need that one to say that again. It's the ice spark, Cold Plunges and Ice Bards Rock. I'm going to turn into Joe Creasy and like an ice bar. It's going to become my whole person.
Speaker 2: I think he's off it now. You know it's only a fake.
Speaker 1: It's a fa a Creasy Swan show.
Speaker 2: I love this segment because it gets me fired up and it makes me laugh. Two of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Themes Swans sweeping statements.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not very good at formulating the sweeping statement you've pointed out, So what about this? Okay, here's my sweeping statement?
Speaker 3: Jack, Oh, I knew this was coming.
Speaker 2: Go if no, No, I'm really trying to be a good girl.
Speaker 3: Here, You're gonna say if my name is on.
Speaker 2: The show, Oh yeah, I would see if I would? What about this? How does this go? How does this fly? If I want to diagnosis of a personality disorder, I'll go to a professional.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good, But I think for this set, particular segment, the way we would slightly change that is if you are someone that gives out diagnosis and is not and he's not a medical professional, stop like because we need to we need to target it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like it? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You know, I totally get your sentiment and you are spot on thirteen twenty four to ten. What's your sweeping statement? Everyone that gets on air with us this afternoon will win a double past to Saturday Night, which is in Cinema's October thirty one movies.
Speaker 2: Hello, ash Hi, how are you? We're really good and I feel like you're really gonna set a cat among the pigeons here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my sweeping statement is that people without kids should not be giving your parents and advice.
Speaker 2: Ahmen, to come in late one and I'll tell you that too.
Speaker 3: Really, yep, I sometimes give you advice though.
Speaker 2: Now, no, you don't, not about parenting.
Speaker 10: Never needed. It's never needed, honestly, unless of my haus kids.
Speaker 7: I'm like, okay, yep, I'll take it. Otherwise it's just.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just irritating.
Speaker 2: Sometimes nothing drives me more crazy, Like would you ask a twelve year old for advice on how to drive a car? No, they've never done it.
Speaker 3: Fair point, Susie. What's your sweeping statement?
Speaker 8: So, my sweet hello, my sweeping statement. Hello. People listen to their devices on aeroplanes without headphones are very.
Speaker 2: Very rude people, Susie. I recently went to Bali with my mum and she did you stop that?
Speaker 8: And oh sorry Christy, Oh no, no.
Speaker 2: I was horrified too, And I sort of looked at her across the aisle and I was like, oh, does she not realize or maybe she's just taking a bit of time to pop her headphones in or whatever. No, And I had to say to her mum, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: And how did Patty take that? Did she listen?
Speaker 1: Oh yes she did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank god. But yeah, why would people do that? That means that everybody has to listen to what you're listening to.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: We had a flight on Saturday, all the way from Singapore to Sydney and there was a little girl. She was with her parents and we were like, exactly like you, like, surely they're going to ask her to put her headphones in.
Speaker 4: Okay, there is an exactly where I can give out parents in advice. If I'm not a parent, surely I can say, listen, kid, put some airports her headphones.
Speaker 2: And that's just civic opinion. That's not well, if I were you, I would make sure that they ate their snows before they got their beanoffy pie, you can jam that kind of advice because you don't understand how much I've been trying to get the snow. Peasy.
Speaker 4: I can give the advices as like chucks and their headphones in and shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's just like, you know, a person to person thing. That's not parenting.
Speaker 4: That's not yeah, Okay, let's finish with Tyler.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tyler, Hi, Tyler, what is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 7: My statement is if you can't handle spicy food, grow.
Speaker 3: Up well, I feel attacked, Tyler.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love spicy food. Grow up.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, first.
Speaker 2: Chrissies clickab Well hasn't do a lappe do a lipa? Set everyone on the trail of unique food combinations. Yes, since she introduced us all to her jalapenno and pickle diet coke hack.
Speaker 3: Which wasn't awful.
Speaker 2: I really like it.
Speaker 3: Like a couple of SIPs. I could.
Speaker 4: As I started to try to drink the full cup, it got too much, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.
Speaker 2: But I reckon if you had it in like a short like a whiskey glass, lots of ice, I think it'd be really delicious glass. Yeah, yeah, just you know, savor it. Kelly Clarkson has had the great Liam Hemsworth on her show, and she's asked him does she have Does he have any weird food combinations that he likes?
Speaker 1: Any odd foods for you that you like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, peanut butter and onion sandwiches, that's weird. But I had my one of my favorite movies as a child was this film called Little Monsters, which in that movie he wakes up in the middle of the night and goes and makes it this sandwich which is peanut butter and onions old exactly, I am not exactly that they're not the kind of onions that I used to use.
Speaker 3: Don't do it, guys, don't do it.
Speaker 2: I reckon. You know exactly what you just said in the in the in the song, he's been srved brown onions which are real spicy, and maybe he has a red onion in it sweet.
Speaker 4: Also, what do you think about the combo with him and Laura Dern because they're currently doing the press trail for their Netflix rom com Planet.
Speaker 2: There's a big age difference one, isn't there. That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be watching that same because I love her, but I would never think to put those two together like it was quite surprising.
Speaker 3: I love her too, and I love him. He's a great dude.
Speaker 2: Do you think that'll be sort of hot the two of them together?
Speaker 3: I do? I mean him, yes, her bit mum vibe for maybe that's cool.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, she's exactly the same age as Wendy. That's why you get so.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get Do you have any.
Speaker 2: Weird food combos that you love? Oh, because I like the sound of this peanut butter and onion. It reminds me of like my grain used to make a fantastic sandwich which was just tomato and onion, which it sounds it sounds like a normal combo, but it was big pieces of raw onion, fresh tomato, also cut really big and white bread and it was boody delicious.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I'm a bit of a snob like that.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have peanut butter and vegamine together?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, it's study every time, really every time peanut butter.
Speaker 4: I was somewhere the other day and someone ordered veggie matin avo and oh that's a thing.
Speaker 3: That's a thing should be.
Speaker 2: Well it is. I love how angry you are?
Speaker 1: You are angry?
Speaker 2: Like this Reddit article depicts the this vendor. Someone was selling a house. They sold the house and then right before they handed over the keys. You know, there's time between buying it, thirty days, sixty or whatever the settlement. The new owners get the keys, they walk in the entire house. Every surface has been painted pale pink.
Speaker 3: Oh that is so irritating and it's so avengeful.
Speaker 2: What for that would have cost a fortune? Getting stuff painted is expensive, so this vendor, the person that is selling the house, has put in money just to be spiked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to hate on them, and also it's illegal. Make them paint it back.
Speaker 4: I'd go to the real estate agent and file a suit and make them painted back to white.
Speaker 2: Don't you wonder what makes people tick? Like what price vengeance?
Speaker 3: I mean, vengeance can be fun.
Speaker 4: Regulates him a dollar up next, and make sure you're tuning to quick Draw Swany because a couple of the gales from the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: Are on Fantastic and they are fantastic.
Speaker 2: I still haven't watched them.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 2: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. You