Speaker 1: Hello super coaches, and welcome to the Preview podcast, brought to you by Yui Origin verified massive game last night. I'm still getting over the trauma, to be honest. We've got Jet Hatton and Tyson Jackson in the studio today. I'll start with you. Jet. Just initial thoughts on that match last night.
Speaker 2: It was a tough watches in New South Wales fan, I was a bit confident going to the second half half for a good first half, but when Queenslane got that momentum and they couldn't really wrangle it back. So yeah, a bit deflating, but hopefully they can put it back in game three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the middle, they were just so tired in the middle. I think that's the thing. No one could even move, no, like, no forward got over one hundred meters. It was just rough pain hass I have never seen him shut down like that ever, and that means that guys like Nathan Clear, etcetera can't do much.
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts, Honestly, I'm all Origin down after that. It sucked the life out of me. But yeah, it was a poor performance. I mean, I think as a Blues fan, obviously you wanted to see him win, but it's kind of what they needed. They snuck away with it in the first game, which I think clouded how poor we really were. There's no excuses now. It needs to be match changes for game three if there are any chance of going up to some call ben and winning.
Speaker 1: So we're going to go through all the players who like to look back up, not likely backup, already ruled out all that sort of stuff. Tyson has done a story It is on our website, with the likelihood of every player doing that. Let's run through a couple of key guys to start with. Calen Ponger is probably the most urgent because he plays that first game of the round, so only a forty eight hour backup slightly less probably, plus he copped a bit of a hit. I know he didn't go off for a concussion, but is there a duty of care there, Calm Ponger, what do you reckon his chances are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I've rated him as unlikely to back up. It's a Friday game traveling from Melbourne Sydney, so they'll be going from Melbourne, or actually from Melbourne to Newcastle, so pol we'll be traveling back, which kind of takes away all of today kind of gives him one day to recover. I copped a big hit yesterday off to Tody Stags, which we saw Stags get sent off SimBin for so I have him as unlikely. He backed up after the first game, but he didn't play that long in the first game. It was eighty minutes. He was a target yesterday, a couple of big hits. I have him as unlikely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he probably is unlikely as well. If he does play, though, I'll be checking the VC on him. Do you own him and what are your plans? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I own him. Also in Fletcher Sharp, who'd expect to come in play fullback? They were Santa Smith there, so you think he comes straight in? Yeah, I've just got him there. I don't have the reserve on him at the moment, just expecting that he's not going to play.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Fletcher Sharp one more game at fullback and he'll actually earn dual positioning. Now he's played a bit of center as well this year, so he's all over the shop. So that would be good for Fletcher Sharp. We'll get to some buys later on, but I reckon Fletcher Sharp is a sneaky purchase. For this week, let's do or Dylan Lucas. I think we've probably covered it with the Knight's big travel, massive almost forty tackles last night, played the full eighty. It's going to be tough for him to back up. Let's go to the Panthers boys Cleary and Yo. Coming into this podcast, I thought Cleary would be no chance. They've got the Titans. It's big travel up to the Goldie, no chance for the Panthers to back up. Then Cleary had the game that he did last night, with ten mess tackles, a bunch of defensive reads that cost tries, a bunch of poor kicks, like it was so un Nathan Cleary like one of the you know, you can usually rely on Nathan Cleary in defense, which is quite rare for fullbacks to be honest. But he had an absolutely barry last night. So often when players have a chakra in origin, the coach just gets them back on the field straight away to try and wash it out. Reckon that will happen with Cleary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, Ivan Cleary, his dad is a is an interesting cat when it comes to I guess the situations. One year, he'll choose to back everyone up the next year, you'll choose to sit everyone out. I was Isaiao and Nathan Cleary at the start of last night had a highly unlikely beside him. They've moved to it unlikely for me. I don't think they're going to feel the need to push them a bit more like that's a hard game of Isaiao played seventy two minutes in the middle. Nathan Cleary obviously didn't have his greatest performance, but he was peppered a lot as well, so I know there is that push to I guess, get back on the field. Look, we saw the Panthers go against the Warriors without their Origin stars and win. They won. Well, we've seen in the past there's been a lack of push to try and get them back on the field. So I've got him still unlikely. I don't think with the travel and everything else, they're going to get pushed straight back in. Maybe off the bench. We've seen that happen before, but I wouldn't be expecting both Nathan and Isaiah to play big minutes.
Speaker 1: They've got the buy after the next Origin game as well, so that's a fact of taking too account. If they get rested this week, they'll be getting rested after every single Origin match, which when you're coming first in the competition by that much, then why not. What are your plans with Cleary? I've got Nico Hines sitting there as a backup, So if Niko gets ruled out and Cleary gets ruled out, I'm in a bit of curry there. What are your plans.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to hold clearly. I've got Tamai Martin in a half back, so a bit of insurance there. Yeah, I would be surprised if he did back up, but as you said, if he does, it's probably going to be off the bench in that capacity. We saw him do that last year I think it was, and he actually scored quite on Super Coach too. I think he scored about ninety in limited minutes, So yeah, i'd be yeah, I wouldn't be selling him though, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, onto Munster and Grant, the Storm boys who we actually care about. There's no no, there's no travel for them, so you'd hope that they're a good chance. But Grant got taken off at the end the game was over, but he did get benched after the first Origin match month. There's no backup there for a lot of people because a lot of people have camera. Sorry Brandon Smith who is on the by this week, so he could be playing without a hooker. If Harry Grant doesn't play, what do you reckon? The chances are.
Speaker 3: Well, Actually, I think that first game off memory, I think Harry Grant scored particularly well off the bench. Yeah, he did, so it might be a blessing if he does play off the bench. But I've got both storm boys Ken Munster and Harry Grant at a fifty to fifty. Ken Munster obviously had a bit of a scare with the head slam towards the end of the first half. Obviously he passed his HIA, but they're still lingering effects there, like you know you're gonna pull up pretty s soorid. He was another one where the Blue sent a lot of traffic down his way. When it comes to Harry Grant played big minutes in the middle, was on ballmost the whole game until getting taken off right at the end. I don't know there's any major injury concerns there from my analysis, but I think it's going to be a fifty to fifty kind of coin flip whether they're going to play it or they need to play though for storms sake because Melbourne. They might see him out of contention at the moment, but they still have an equational chance of getting into the eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they need everyone to play every single week. It's just whether they could do it. Like I before Origin, before everything happened, I just assumed that he would back up from this one because there's no travel. That's the that's the big thing you got Harry Grant.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a Harry Green or a Monster owner, so I wouldn't be I'd be happy if none of them backed up. There's a super coach player, Oli Pasco man So Pasco. Yeah that's good, but yeah, they probably need him to play if they want to make the eight.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Teddy, he made the most runs or made the most meters of any News of last player. He was. He was everywhere, which just nothing opened up for him. Marknaan Knittle Wazi had an absolute blinder in attack, scored an impossible try, I almost scored another impossible try, but try assist.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: It was great to see him in the Origin arena. Defensively, I don't know if it was his fold or Catny Staggs. As far as problem, it's a system problem either way. Do you think those guys are going to back up?
Speaker 3: I think Mark will back up. I think Mark left the game pretty unscarthed, obviously had those great moments, and would want to back up his great performance last night with a performance of Riches. Again. Another team that needs their guys back with all happened last week without those players playing. James Tedesco, I'm a little bit concerned about he backed up after the first game. When I spoke to Teddy after the first game, he said, it's my job's back up. I've got him at fifty to fifty. I think he'll want to back up, but you know, his age and where he's in his career might warrant arrest. Interesting They've got Rex Bassingswede off the bench for Sunday's game, which is a four day turnaround. Rex proved last week that he's more than capable of holding himself in first grade, So I think Trent Robinson will have confidence in moving Rex there and then giving Teddy arrest if that's the way they need to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they pulled bassing Thwaite out of the under nineties Origin, which signals that he's going to play somewhere. Maybe on the right wing. They might go, O Katie Rams at full back, something might happen with Teddy. We'll see what happens. Let's chat about with Dolphins lads. So Plath had an absolutely blind up, probably more minutes than a lot of people were expecting. They've already ruled out three guys. Plath played big minutes, so you'd think if they've ruled out three, ruled out Plath as well.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I have I have Max Plath as highly unlikely. Fifty six minutes, fourteen runs, twenty six tackles, has to go to Campbelltown on Saturday. It's on a Saturday night game either a Saturday afternoon three o'clock. He's been named in the reserve, so I don't think there was actually much push for those guys to play. And then obviously Hamaso not even in the squad, Selvin Cobo not in the squad. So yeah, I would think Max.
Speaker 1: Plath is going to get a rest on Saturday and FINDI Furiaki only eight minutes, so we really hope he will play Jet Hatton, who's been burning the midnight oil covering the racing to like what three am running up to the office trying to get origin matches in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Royal last got week, so it's a big week for racing over in England, massive canal over there. So yeah, last night I went straight into bed after the game, go back up twelve thirty, worked a couple of hours after that, So got my high back in the office this morning and do it all again tonight.
Speaker 1: That's a great comeback story. That's they're talking about backups that someone's going to someone's going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would have been nice if the Blues had a lot of it, it would have been a lot easier.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it reminds me of having a newborn again listening to that sleep schedule. That's disgusting. Trades this week? What do you think of?
Speaker 2: No trades for me?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a very deep squad. Yeah, I can comfortably feel a team. I've actually got some hard to be start like decisions this week. So yeah, I've gotten I've run through my trades this year. I've got thirteen left. So yeah, I'm just going to hang tight and not make any of this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a I'm in a similar boat. I think if I am going to trade, it's going to be during the round rather than before the round. Just see who's kind of getting picked. I have a little bit of question marks over to Murray Martin who's currently in my squad. Luke Metcalfe just seems to be kind of lurking around there. I think Tomorrow Martin has been playing well. I don't think Tomorrow Martin is the reason they've lost the last couple of weeks. But losses start making pressure, which means I'm a little bit worried about the money I've spent on Tomorrow and I might have to look to trade him, but I'm in a hold until I have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really hope he plays. I've got back up this week hopefully, so it doesn't really matter, but I want him to be a hold for a fair bit longer, hopefully it happens. In terms of my trades, I've got kpp out did you own? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I brought him in last week, so he was one of my trades last week. But I think I'm just going to hold him there until after Origin and I'll just bring him in for painhass or something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, right, that's decent cool. I'm thinking of going to Nick to Suka, who will get to Tony Sukha part of the we'll get We'll get to Suka and fur in a sect. But you've got some good chat about Suka and then I'm thinking of going Cody Ramsey up to Jenkins as well. I think Jenkins just has massive upside compared to the other guys you're going for. I mean, Homoli is really tempting, Dylan Edwards is really tempting. I love both of them, but Senna Wing is where the big upside is and Jenkins is going to go up in price. Were your thoughts on Jenkins?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been a Milki owner. I'm a big fan of him. I love watching him play footy, especially you know from where you come from at Newcastle a few years ago. I just can't justify doing my squads so deep. I'd be having to move on someone really good to get him in. Have you thought about Isaac Tungo, He'd be a bit cheaper than Jenkins. Yeah, in left center for the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: You'd think I've had a good look, but yeah, it's probably a short term play. Whereas Jenkins, I can bring in and he'll be there for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Tango would be you think it'd be a chance to get dual position as well when he's played quite a bit of back roy off the bench this year.
Speaker 1: So putting the pressure on dual position.
Speaker 2: I've got a tight.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see. Round eighteen is the next updates. If you think you're a big Origin fan, you can prove it. You can get Origin verified with Yui and win for your state. Now I'm obviously verified, got this badge here cranking. You get a score out of two hundred thousand when you get verified. I've got one hundred and ninety thousand out of two hundred thousand. I'm pretty proud of my rank. But I did get one trivia question wrong. I'm going to put your guys to the test now. It's multiple choice for you. Just yell out, yell out if you if and when you know the answer. Which New South Wales player captained New South Wales to their twenty fourteen State of Origin Series one quick although we had to wait.
Speaker 2: Okay, but in for this one, Sharks, I'm not missing out.
Speaker 1: Which year was the first official State of Oh too easy. I didn't even finish the question. Pressures on what is the name of the award given to the player of this too easy? Too Easy? And who holds the record for most points scored in State of Origin history? In Cameron State of Origin History, Cameron Smith has mel Mas Nathan Clearing, Jonathan Thurston Smith, Jonathan Thurston. That's all because he he kicked during that entire Oh he did too, But basically Karen Smith barely kicked you in Origin even though he played heaps of games. So look, you guys did pretty damn well. I reckon you could get up there with me at one hundred and ninety thousand. I'm not sure if that's just for me. I definitely got definitely got a verification, said to my email, which I'll print out and chuck on the wall. You can get verified yourself. There's some great prizes, including a trip to Auckland for the twenty twenty seven State of Origin and having been to magic around recently and seeing how New Zealand fans are around Rugby League, Auckland would be completely loose and wild for Origin in twenty twenty seven, brought to you by you Get Origin Verified now at NRL dot com slash verified in terms of supercoach origin from last night, how did you go yet?
Speaker 2: I didn't have one to remember, that's for sure. I'm the big fan of Catoni Stags. Thought he was in for a big game and unfortunately you didn't have a big game. He scored, He scored pretty early. I'm sticking bit of a genius year. I was checking my score quite often, but you know, in the second half I sort of just turned it off. I was like, I'll bug a super catch I origin, but now I scored about six and fifty five, so nothing to write about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had just did not or sell On Cobbo definitely didn't have him and he was the top score of the night. Captaincy On Nathan Cleary and honestly, like I, Nathan Cleary never has games like that. It was it was just rough.
Speaker 3: The mistackle cow was quite between both yeah, Nathan and Mitchell Mos. I think there was nineteen miss tackles, so it would have been a rough night tab either of it.
Speaker 1: It was nuts. So yeah, he couldn't have overloaded too much with New South Wales players. I did in the back line in those tough those positions, but I did get Marky Mark in there.
Speaker 2: No, I had actually had Hammer in so Hammer scored pretty well. It's about one hundred and something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, welcome to Coach's Edge, brought to you by tab where on. So I got up last week Fuller to score a try, Herbert to score a Tryer, Dolphins to win four dollars eighty you would have got for that. So I'm doubling down this week. I've got the Dolphins to win even with the guys not backing up. Trey Fuller, who I just love. We've got three hundred meters last weekend. He should be playing NRL. The fact that he decided not to go to the Dragons this year went off to go to the Dragons is just an indictment on the Dragons because this guy should be playing NRL without doubt. So I got him to score a try again. Tavita and Afar who to score a try as well. This guy every time he comes into first grade he says to score a try and goes absolutely nuts. So it's basically the same bet as last week, just taken out Herbie and added Defeta Nafar who in there. He's got eight tries out of ten games over his NERL career, so you can get some decent odds for that. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Can't knock it, especially the way Trey Fuller and Tavita player when they come into first grade. I've tipped the Tigers this week, so you could be in a bit of bunny rubble there. But yeah, all right, bet.
Speaker 1: The Tigers will win this week.
Speaker 3: I've tipped the dog. Look, and everyone knows I'm a Tigers fan. I've tipped the Dolphins, and I hope that I improven wrong.
Speaker 1: So you can check out that same game multi in the tab app. The chances are you're about to lose for free and confidential support. Called the number on screen, or visit the websites. Alrighty, cheapy Bible time. You wrote a great story this week on Tony Suka. He's the top cheapie of the week. You spoke to him today, Sorry, he expect to him this week? What did he say? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Look, well I never talked about super Coach when I interview Peeld but we were talking before and you said, hey, Tony, Tony Silker, he's very popular. I let him know and he was. He was quite happy. He was surprised, but he was happy. So he's promised supercoaches that he's going to go out there and have a great game to try and get you guys points back at him in So, look, he's a top buy for a reason. Look, I'm personally probably not going there, but that second rost part of the Tigers is vacant. Clipe his pool out probably for the rest of the year. They haven't put it down on it. But that Peck injury, he's in surgery today. Confirm his insurgery today. That will rule him out until just about the end of the season. So maybe he might go one or two games left, but Tony Sooker he could lock that spot down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the thing that I liked about that interview from Suka is that he said, I've been playing eighty minutes in Nisopil's Cup every single week, So there hasn't been a spot for me on the bench in first grade basically because he's just playing massive minutes in Newsoplal's Cup. And he's not that style of impact guy who can come off the bench for twenty minutes and you know, just rip him there for twenty minutes and change a game. But he's been playing huge minutes in Newsopalas Cup all year, he's the lead. Probably a couple of guys like they did have Ethan roberts play there.
Speaker 3: Robertson's injured at the moment right, but he's had an injury riddle kind of season. Ethan roberts Maverick Gier has been given opportunity. They've tried out on the edge. I think he's going to play in the other second row this week, Alex Safarth. They've preferred to put in the middle. So the Tigers, just like we were speaking off about their wingers, their second rowers have been very movable all year.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of lot of moving parts. Does that bode well for job security? I don't know. Would you just go enough instead? It's tough.
Speaker 2: It is tough. You probably would just go enough, But I don't know. The way this season has been and the trades getting low, all these players getting injured, it's probably you're probably better off rolling the dice on a Tony Suka and hopefully that he's a warm body and if you don't need to play him, you can.
Speaker 3: So he played. He played well at the end of when he played most of the game. Last week when Kuype Paul went off and any game on and did a job. So I mean that's probably one tick to his hat that you know, the Maverick guys and whatnot haven't got because they've kind of been pulled after one game in the second rope position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Benji is I mean you mentioned it with the wingers. Winger has a bad game, they get pulled off straight away. Second row has a bad game. There's so much chopping and changing from him. Which also brings me to the next guy on the Cheaper Bible, who is not actually a cheapie, but he's just above cheapy price. You're bringing him in to make money. Alex save Hath. Is he going to get any minutes? Yeah, yeah, he'll play big minutes. I think they kind of well, he played the game of his life last week. I think Benji has been really happy with Alex over the last couple of weeks, and when he brings to that kind of team, they need an inspirational kind of voice, you know, put away the errors and things that he carries and those little brain fights because they're down on troops at the moment.
Speaker 3: So I dare say he will stay on the field a lot of the game he's got a big motor and he's just the worker. But you're just obviously going to risk he does have an error in him. He does have a penalty in him as well.
Speaker 1: So they got Alex Twell potentially back next week, he was saying all the week after, so could be slightly ahead of schedule or maybe on schedules and say, Hath it's.
Speaker 3: No for me.
Speaker 2: Historically he's just not been a great supercoach player. He's a good player to watch. He's you know, fire redhead that has a crack, but has he signed there long term or looking for a contract.
Speaker 3: So the situation at the moment is he's they're trying to resign Samuel Afino, and he's been kind of tossed around as one of the guys that may make way for for samuela to get resigned. Obviously Royce Hunt another one of those players. So yeah, there's his future has a bit up in the air. So if he keeps having games like he did last week and kind of earns that starting spot in the in this Tigers team, and might I might say his career at the time. I know for a fact he does not want to play anywhere else. He loves that club to death, So it's going to be an interesting couple of weeks for Save Bath.
Speaker 1: Let's do the no Goz is the player to avoid this week? Who's popular? What are you think I had?
Speaker 2: There's just three thousand and thrill seekers out there bringing Tommy Turbo tour. It's yeah, definitely a thrill SECDS, especially the re injury rate for those hamstrings always really high in the first one or two weeks, I.
Speaker 3: Think, especially with him too, especially with him Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've also chucked in Himala in there, just because you'd think he's every chance to get recalled to the blue side, so you won't have him for that round eighteen. Yeah, he's a great trading as for this week and that, but long term you're probably going to miss him the next few weeks if he does get recalled into the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Dylan Lucas, look, I thought he was I thought it was all right, Like everyone was absolutely gone in that NSA last pack. Everyone was completely tired and run off their feet, and Dylan Lucas made almost forty tackles. Thought he was okay, but it was just realistically he was there as a defender, not as an attacker at all. He couldn't he had no no energy left to run the ball. So does Dylan Lucas get dropped and they bring Homoli back? I think then that was the criticism of Homole in Game one, the sort of couldn't keep up with the game and the efforts off the ball weren't working. Yeah, I think there's a big chance that Dylan Lucas.
Speaker 3: I think he definitely loses his starting spot, and he's a good chances it's not even included on the bench. He's got Homoli to compete with. They've also got Liam Martin to compete with, who's played a couple of games now and will find himself back in that Blues team. I wouldn't be surprised if there's mass changes to this Blues team. So, I mean, there's a couple of guys that you can look at from that played last night that you can start looking to bring into your super coach teams. Because there's a good chance I didn't get picked again.
Speaker 1: Reckon, we can do mass changes on the coaching staff. In the middle of the middle of the series.
Speaker 3: We ask how colleague Brent reid Love should have been sacked halfway through your game one. But look, I mean we're a bit far from God. I have the great theory that they should just blow up the team and just start again for game three. You just have to pick one team that's going to win the game. Get all fresh guys, get get some fighters in there. But that's why I'm a journal I'm not the coach.
Speaker 1: So exactly exactly for me, I've got a whole bunch of guys on my list here. Fletcher Sharp I actually have as a nogo, even though I love him, It's just because I'm brought in Jaden Campbell, and Campbell's going to get your position. He's going to be my five eight, So I just don't have a room. And I've got months to there too, so I just don't have room for Fletcher Sharp. That's the only reason Dylan Lucas is the tenth most purchase player. Maybe that does make sense if he's going to get dropped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it could be a big possibility. I've gone a bit rogue on my nogoz and I'm avoiding Oliver Pasco. I missed the boat on him initially, and then I was looking at him. He got ran over by alex A Farth last week and I went, you know what, I can't have him in my team. I've got Harry Grant who's going to miss a bit of time obviously, but I'm willing to hold and get around it without buying.
Speaker 1: Pasco just slammed down his favor across his arms.
Speaker 2: I'm a massive fan of Passo.
Speaker 3: I like him. I just I could do it.
Speaker 2: I feel like buying him now, sially like especially if Brayley's on the extended bench. He's probably going to come into a lot of super coach teams soon. Yeah. I just love Passcal. I think he's a massive gower and yeah.
Speaker 1: So well guilty pleasure segment, We'll go to you.
Speaker 2: I'm probably going to run with him the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Is my number one.
Speaker 2: Number one I traded when Brayley broke his arm. It was it was before Origin when Brayley I think the Sharks had to buy Male was that brother was going to make the team. I traded him to Oliver Pasco. He was like two hundred and fifty k at the time, so been a nice little investment for me. So yeah, I'm just going to run with him for the rest of the year, You're guilty.
Speaker 3: No'm I like my team. I don't think any of my team is like a guilty pleasure pick. But I'm looking potentially trying to bring key On in. I don't know why. I just after the buy. I think he's got a good run ahead of him, and I think the Rabbit is going to start to pick up skiing. But I'm looking a couple of weeks ahead.
Speaker 1: I've liked what Keyon. I started with him at the start of the year, had that off season surgery, so it was obviously a bad idea, then reaggravated or did something to his PCL, and he's really been struggling a little bit like what happened with Fletcher Sharp at the start of the season. But the last couple of weeks I've liked what I've seen. You can get him for a pretty good price, so I don't hate.
Speaker 3: That y a couple of weeks ahead, buts my.
Speaker 1: Guilty pleasure is Jenkins. I mean, there are so many good buys this week, including Edwards and Homoli. Maybe not Homo after given that we think he might get caught into the Origin team, but certainly Edwards Jenkins, though, I just think Santa wing is the position where you make up ground. I'm ranked three thousandth at the moment. How am I going to make up that ground. It's probably not going to be by you know, playing it safe on Ford. We're going to go to the upside. So I think Jenkins could be that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't hate it. Don't hate it at all when you say he is pretty popular. So it's not like you make it that much ground if you probably is. It's more of a defensive move really than an offensive move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you put it like that, well let's talk. That's a perfect seaway to Pot of the week.
Speaker 2: I'm not It's no one that I bring in this week. It's something I've had since about round two or three. He's had a really underrated season. No one's talking about him. It's Isaiah Papali. I think he's flying, averaging about seventy four on the left edge outside Blas Delaney. He's had he's had four scores over ninety this season, so he's flying. His base seems to be about sixty to sixty five. So those attacking stats are going to come when you're outside Blaster Langey in that red hot side. He's got dual position as well, so he covers around eight team byers. So I think he's a good bye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gone, as we're talking about itself. Ever, I've actually gone with that beichorus. Our scores well against the Dolphins. They've got a couple guys out. I think Tom Taker won't play Max Plath we said is a big chance of missing out, So I think around that middle Saturday afternoon dry track at Campbelltown. I like what he can do this week. I think there's a big scorer in him despite historically or this year at least not scoring too too well.
Speaker 1: I like the Tigers obviously have a great draw, so I've got a Tiger as well. You're gonna hate this, I guarantee it. But Taylor may even though he's had two shoulder dislocations this year, on the weekend it looked like a world but like you would not have known at all, And I know that shoulder can pop out at any stage. But he's got a great buy schedule coming up. What are your thoughts on him just as a real real left field guy.
Speaker 3: We had a great view with him at the start of the week with Tailor just about that shoulder injury and what he can do. He told me it's it's so restricting. The taping that he has to go through to ensure that that arm does not move is ridiculous. And I spoke to him after the game and he's telling me this, And I thought he played really well on the weekend. So if they can keep doing that, keep wrapping that shoulder up so it can't move it all, I think you are ahead of the curve on that bike.
Speaker 1: So what's the go like if it pops out again, is he gone for the season? I can just keep.
Speaker 3: Popping in and it keep yes. So what what he said was he need get the surgery at the end of the year. So you can either you know, stop playing now and get the surgery now, which will speed up the recovery, or you just get it when the season's done. And he does not. He thinks this team has a chance to make the finals and he's not missing out on that.
Speaker 1: So he said, I'm going to go until the wheels fall. Great, We've got on our captaincy for this week. What are you thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it'll depend if canum Plumber backs up, So if he doesn't, I'm going to go VC on fletchor Sharp, I think is a good shout. They probably Herbie Farnworth, You're just flying at the moment. Yeah, probably probably Herb be fine with it. Maybe even Terrell May. But through a load of work last weeks.
Speaker 1: Yep, so Herby as of last night, so this is not the updated numbers from this morning post origin, Herbey was at forty two VC. It's hard to honestly, it's going to be hard to go against that, except that him and Terol May are playing in the same game, and I'll like both of those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got I've got Herbie as my VC at the moment, and then I'm actually captaining Terol May. Like I said, in that middle of the field, I think for the Dolphins will be a little bit weaker, and it's it's something that the Tigers for which could capitalize on. I don't like the Tigers out wide beat, but in that in that middle, I think I think there's points to be had in.
Speaker 1: Terms of a pod captaincy option this week. You're a Sharks fan and we're still not sure if Niko is going to play.
Speaker 4: That doesn't respond to my damn yeah, and we'll get someone chasing that for sure, we will find out for late mail, hopefully before that twenty four hour cutoff three percent.
Speaker 1: And in the final game of the round.
Speaker 3: Well I could.
Speaker 2: I could do that because I got to Murray Martin there also plays on the Sunday, so you think by Sunday you know if Niko is going to play or not. I'm going to go to that game. So I might actually bring him in, depending how I feel were.
Speaker 1: The game, because your rule is usually if Niko's playing at Ocean Protects Stadium, Captain Systory. Yeah, yeah, even coming back from three or four weeks out with that calf injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's only three or four weeks, you think it's only your minor concern.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't like him though, I will say this, I don't like him against the Roosters this week. I think the Roosters are in for a big performance. The last probably four weeks haven't been great for him. At home. It's their first home game in a while. Sunday Night Sharks have been up for a little bit. I think it's a risky one.
Speaker 2: They get to buy next week too, so maybe they can't. But yeah, Brayley could be there. He's on the extended as well. I thought the Sharks were awesome last week. I thought they had like they just didn't have any tacking flair without Heines and Braley. So it's going to be a good game, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Right Well, that is it for our preview podcast. Big thanks to Jet Tyson. Check out Tyson's story on who's going to back up from Origin. Big thanks to you. We'll catch you next week.