Speaker 1: On scorn litles Oscodia. This is the Reader Panahi Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the readA Pannehy Show coming up tonight the PM under five. For an offhand remark, are we becoming too precious? A sub Australian council looking to change a street name in the interests of diversity and inclusion. Army Horowitz joins me after going under cover with pro Palestinian activists. He will not believe what they said to him when they thought he.
Speaker 3: Was one of them.
Speaker 2: Also joining me tonight, but greatful to see in Pima and Stephanie Bastian and an extended version of Left. He's losing it.
Speaker 4: President Biden, you have presidential immunity. Get Elon musk the out of our country.
Speaker 1: And do it now first.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister has copped fierce backlash after he made this quip during question time yesterday, where he asked whether Shadow treasurer Angus Taylor has Tourette syndrome, that.
Speaker 5: They carry on with the idea that where have you got Tourett's or something.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you see there. Bamble, bamble, bamborder.
Speaker 2: Are we drawing, mister speaker, are.
Speaker 6: We draw, Are we drin?
Speaker 1: Are we joining apologize?
Speaker 2: As you heard, he realized his mistake almost instantly, but check out the reaction of his colleagues. Minister for Youth and Ali and Well she had to stop herself from laughing. She knew she wasn't supposed to be laughing, while Deputy PM Richard Marser he didn't know where to look. He was just wanting to be somewhere else. This incident prompted widespread criticism from the Coalition and disability advocates as well, and Liberal MP Chris Kruther, who himself has Tourette syndrome, tweeted this. He said, this is absolutely disgraceful by PM Primus now alb and Easy. He should apologize to all with Tourette's syndrome. And he linked this speech that he made in Parliament back in twenty sixteen where he spoke about what it's like being a politician with Tourett's.
Speaker 1: I have curettes.
Speaker 7: Tourette's syndrome is a neurological disorder. It consists of vocal and motor tics that is rapid, repetitive and involuntary muscle movements. For example, I have blinking head jerking, repetitive limb movements and throat clearing. They are irresistible and eventually it must be performed. Curettes is often misportrayed by the media has been swearing or coppolalia, but this is experienced by only a small subset of those affected.
Speaker 2: Now it must be noted the PM has apologized again.
Speaker 8: I made comments that were unkind and hurtful. I knew it was wrong as soon as I made the comment. I apologized and I would do as soon as I said it.
Speaker 7: But it shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Gary, how do you see this saga? The Prime Minister's apologized more than once. I don't know if he's just getting frustrated and he's lashing out, he's not thinking things through. But do you think the reaction has been perhaps a little bit over the top as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably so.
Speaker 9: But of course, you know, he's from that part of politics that actually wants to be sexercised as homophobic point, they throw all these things at everybody else, so he kind of brought it on himself. The Blake's been in the Parliament for what twenty eight years? Some would say too long, but he's been there a long time. We were both elected on the same day in nineteen ninety six, so I've been out a lot longer than I was in. But you know, he really should know better, but he practices this kind of thought police approach the things, so he's just left himself vulnerable. And look, yeah, the reaction's gone a bit ott, but good on Chris Kruther. I did not know about that speech. Still you've just shown us and look I feel for that, but it's a full disclosure from him. Good on him, but d in the end, everything that's said in the parliament irresponsible for the Prime Minister is an incredibly experienced member of Parliament. He's under pressure. He does not know which way to jump on just about every issue, and he decides to think that by picking on somebody and throwing in a certain disability, that's a funny way of acting.
Speaker 1: It's really not good enough. So that part I get, But can we just move on now.
Speaker 9: I'd like him actually to take some value based judgments about a couple of the really big issues in our society right now, how his government is destroying a lot of people with and without turets when it comes to the economic management our power prices. The whole moral issue associated with which side to be on in the Israeli conflict against everything. I mean, they're fighting the war for the Western world. This black doesn't know where to jump on most things, so any understandably he's going to jump the wrong way on that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Just too stupid for words.
Speaker 2: Now let's turn our attention to the Queensland election, which is just a couple of weeks away. But judging by this compilation from our local paper, The Brisbane Times, I'm not sure how engaged some Queenslanders are with the coming election.
Speaker 10: Man is no, no, I don't really watch do you know this man? It's no idea would be our current pre Do you know this man?
Speaker 1: Something fully.
Speaker 2: Gary that was filmed just twenty two days before the October twenty sixth election. Does that lack of knowledge among some of your fellow Queenslanders concern you?
Speaker 9: Look, Queenslanders are pretty clever, reader, So I don't suggest for a moment that somehow or other we're not engaged. Look, actually we're bored to tears. This is the most boring election campaign I've ever seen, No matter what happens on the twenty sixth of October. A government with a lefty bend is going to be elected. That's just the simple reality. I think people are over it. They don't know what either side stands for. They're mumbling out policies here and slogans there, but there's really just no.
Speaker 1: Instinctive kind of plan for the future.
Speaker 9: And we've got no vision about where Queensland is going to be a generation from now, and there's no excitement. I've seen change of government elections. I'm not sure we're seeing one in Queensland right now. Even though all the pundits say there's going to be a change of government. It's probably going to be a loveless landslide against labor, but I think there's a bit of a lucky dip kind of outcome coming on the twenty sixth of October.
Speaker 1: I'm actually terrified for.
Speaker 9: The lack of the lack of interest that's there, but it's because the politicians aren't earning any interest, and their notoriety as well. It's just terminally boring, which is kind of sad.
Speaker 2: Really, you're right, and I get that I'm far away from there.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: I spent a few days there last week. But there's a bit of the Victorian Libs about the Queensland liber Nationals. It's almost like they don't want to actually stand for anything. They don't want to be too different from Labor in case they get some sort of a backlash from the media or from the inner suburbs. And you've got to stand for something when you win. You want to actually win because you had a policy platform you're proud of. Now the Coalition is manning answers from Labor after it was revealed that a visa was granted to Palestinian artists Phays Alsani, even though this man has previously hosted members of her mass and Islamic Palestinian Ghad at his art institute in Gaza. Here is Immigration Minister Tony Burke. He was asked about this in Parliament early today.
Speaker 8: Has the visa for this individual been canceled?
Speaker 5: The process for all of these visas for people who've come from Palestine has been exactly the same for every one of them. Between the Shadow Minister who asks the question or the Director General of ASIO. I'm sorry, but I'm going to listen to the Director General of Asia. The concept that we should abandon our security agencies and defer instead to google searchers from the opposition is not something this government will do.
Speaker 2: Gary, How do you see it? Should we be confident in the security services doing the appropriate checks here, even though we know with some of these visas they prove them within an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, I don't think we can be confident in the minister. That's the reality.
Speaker 9: When he was last the Immigration Minister was about twelve hundred people came ashore in various boats and so forth.
Speaker 1: So he hasn't got a good track record.
Speaker 9: And the idea that he's actually saying, I've got no instinct about this. I'm just going to defer it to a public servant, even though it's a security agent person worries me greatly.
Speaker 1: I think that we have real reason.
Speaker 9: To question who is coming and the terms under which they are coming, if they're approved.
Speaker 1: In and how.
Speaker 9: That's frightening because there are people who have been waiting for years who validly want to be here family reunion or indeed bring skills to Australia and they can't get approval this Immigration department. And I'm a former minister in that department. It pains me to say it yet again. But that department doesn't know how to do nation building anymore, doesn't know how to make it possible for things to happen.
Speaker 1: They don't want to decide.
Speaker 9: They want to say, oh well, I'll say no, so you can appeal and someone else can make the decision.
Speaker 1: That's not what we want.
Speaker 9: We need people with skills, with values that will actually enhance Australia, not something that's going to tear it apart from within. And Tony Burke and Anthony Albanezi are not real good on this. They're too worried about their votes in Western Sydney to worry about what Australia needs right now.
Speaker 2: Now, turning our attention to the US, just briefly, Elon Musker sat down with a former Fox News host, Tucker Carlson, who was a wide ranging interview went for some time, and this little tidbit about Jeffrey Epstein's client list got my interest because it is remarkable that the names on that least rich powerful people have never been exposed. There seems to be no investigations that it's all forgotten about, and Elon Musk is a theory about that.
Speaker 11: You know, I think part of why Kamala is getting so much support is that if Trump wins, that Efstein clientless is going to become public. Yes, and some of those billionaires behind Kamala are terrified of that outcome.
Speaker 2: What do you make of that, Gary, Do you think there are some nervous billionaires worried that Trump is going to win and one of the focuses of his administration, one of many, obviously, will be who was on that list who was compromised by Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 9: Well, people have a lot to say about Donald Trump, but he's kind of wizy wig, isn't he What you see is what you get. I don't think Trump high, it's anything. He's just so open. He said, I'll publish the list of all the people that are on Epstein's client list, and that is of course going to be problematic to household names. Some of them may well be in Hollywood, some of them may well be billionaires.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I'm very confident I'm not on the list. Reader, That's all I know.
Speaker 9: So look, you know, publish and be damned, I say an Elon musk Well, I think he's.
Speaker 1: A revelation to this election campaign.
Speaker 9: This guy basically cares about America, as indeed does Donald Trump, and I think those who are howling them down have got, potentially, you know, something to hide. I want the swamp drained and I want it so that it becomes a desert for some years ahead.
Speaker 1: The world needs a change.
Speaker 2: Gary hard Grave, thanks for your time this evening. Joining me now is leading geologist and author Professor Ian Primer. Professor Primer before we get to Chris Bowen's latest claims, you're a proud South Australian these days, and I noticed there's quite the debate happening right now about a supposedly racist street name in regional South Australia. Water Range Council has received a complaint, a single complaint about Chinaman's Lane in Panola from a resident who apparently only moved to the area recently. But they are ashamed of their street name, and so there's this debate about should it be change. What are your feelings on this.
Speaker 8: Well, We've got a couple of places in South Australia called Chinaman's Wells and really this is telling you something about history where you've had a long history of Chinese in Australia. They came to Australia in the eighteen fifties for the gold rush. Victoria actually banned them coming into Victoria, so they would come into South Australia and walk across to the gold fields. These were hard workers. They'd built many of our shearing sheds in the outback. They dug many of the wells in the outback. They came to as indentured labor in many cases to try to get wealthy. They grew vegetables, they grew fruit. Later on they came to Australia for different reasons. I had many students who had escaped Gentleman Square. More recently, we've got Chinese who were probably hedging their bets and buying real estate here and getting educated here. This complainert should know a little bit about history. The Chinese tried to have a better life. They built a better Australia and they were recognized for this. We knew where they lived and we named places after them. Now, if we're going to be that sensitive, besides taking a tea spoon of cement every day to harden up, which you would change all the street names that have got anything to do with any ethnic group. Now, I suspect that the councils should be more concerned about roads and rates and rubbish and especially potholes because potholes are diverse and they're inclusive. Everyone hits them. So that's the diversity and inclusiveness.
Speaker 2: Filling the potholes with you, and I can almost guarantee that the complainant here is not Chinese or Asian. It will be some probably privileged, white, university educated type who is offended on the behalf of others. We see them every day.
Speaker 8: It's normally well university. Now they've been to the university doesn't mean they're educated, and I've met far more educated people, especially in the Bush, who haven't been the university. What they've done is they've been polluted by university.
Speaker 1: Not educated.
Speaker 2: Now let's check in with everyone's favorite minister, Climate and Energy Minister Chris Bowen. Here is boasting about ticking off over sixty renewable energy projects in two years. He posted this on x He said this is enough to power seven million Australian homes. But Professor, the question is, we are told by Minister Bowen and others within labor that renewables the cheapest form of energy. So if we've got renewables powering seven million homes. Why are our bills higher than ever? How does this make sense?
Speaker 8: Well, it's misleading and deceptive. But he goes down in history as being the Minister's cleared the most land and destroyed the most farm land in the history of Australia. And that's by putting in soil factories and wind factories, which permanently scar the land. They cost a lot of money. The greater distances of transmission cost money, and we pay for it in our electricity bills. I'm old enough to remember when we had cheap, reliable power, and that came from coal. In Victoria where you are, you had the cheapest energy in the world for a very long period of time. And since we put in these so called renewables, then the cost of energy has gone up. Now they're renewable because we keep giving them subsidies. These subsidies get renewed every year. But it doesn't operate twenty four to seven three sixty five. We have to have back up. We have to have coal fired powerstations running non stop to put on and put electricity into the grid. As soon as the sun doesn't shine on the wind doesn't blow. So, mister Bone, he comes up every week in your program. I mean, why don't we just get him on the program and have a discussion. I'm sure he'd be willing to do it.
Speaker 12: He's won't come.
Speaker 8: Oh no, he's a generous democratic.
Speaker 2: He has an invitation, open invitation, mister Bowen, come here, and I will promise we won't even interrupt. You can just have thirty seconds, sixty seconds, whatever you like, and we'll go backwards and forwards. It will be very very It would be very polite. There will be no angst whatsoever. Now, before you go, I want to play this clip from MSNBC. They decided to bring out Bill Nyvy, so called science guy, to talk about hurricane slashing United States Florida expecting another one, and his solution to this issue seems to be to vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 13: The other side, as we often call it, This plan has no plans to address climate change, no plans for long term dealing with these sorts of problems. If you have young voters out there encouraged them to vote, people say, what can I do about climate change? If we were talking about it, associating it with big storms like this, that would be really good, But the main thing is vote.
Speaker 2: Thank you, oh dear professor. He went on to say that these hurricanes, including Hurricane Helena, directly linked to climate change because the waters around Florida are warm.
Speaker 8: Well, we have one hundred and fifty year record of hurricanes in the US well recorded with the intensity of the hurricane and the number of hurricanes, and Florida is the place which gets hit very hard. Now we know from that record that over that one hundred and fifty years, the number and the intensity of hurricanes has been decreasing. So what Bill Nay is doing is just showing that he's politically brain dead. He's not looking at any facts, and these facts are from government agencies that already quite biased. So this is appalling television where no one questioned him. It's appalling politics. And if Americans vote for Democrats on that basis, then God helped the world.
Speaker 2: Professor Plimer, always a pleasure to speak with you.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Still to come left is losing ad class. Army Horowizt goes under cover at a pro palacin in rally.
Speaker 3: You will not believe your ears. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for lefties losing it and a reminder you don't hate the leftist media enough. You think you do, But then they go and pull something like this. Here is ABC deliberately and deceptively editing a clip that turns Kamala Harris from weak and incoherent too strong and decisive. Watch the original clip that they posted that was widely mocked, followed by the version that went to air on Monday night. See if you can spot the not so subtle difference.
Speaker 3: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanya who is not listening.
Speaker 14: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 3: But it seems that Prime Minister net who is not listening.
Speaker 14: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 2: That second part wasn't even in the first and so where didn't they find that?
Speaker 12: Goodness?
Speaker 2: May now soon I'll be bringing you Kamala's top six worst moments from the view today. But First, let's go to this character again. This time he's boasting about making his colleagues feel uncomfortable in various issueries.
Speaker 15: My job involves multiple work sites, and that sometimes means I'm with other colleagues and we leave one place and walk to another, and we'll stop at about deco or coffee shop along the way. Since happened several times, it's just why I'm sharing this. We're in the coffee shop. I'm ordering my drink. Oh, here's your change, ma'am. Ope, ma'am, here's your coffee, your orders?
Speaker 1: You ready?
Speaker 16: Miss y'all.
Speaker 15: The discomfort my colleagues experience seeing me out in the world being treated as a woman is hilarious and also deeply sad. Talking visibly uncomfortable of their skin.
Speaker 2: To the lefty heartland of California, the one party state where Democrats dominate. If you want to see what the Democrat's vision for America is, then just have a look at California. It's going really well there. Have a look at what they call street takeovers, which are essentially wild mobs going on crime sprees with little fear of arrest or consequences. Watch what happened on Sunday when a lone seven to eleven worker tried to protect his store. Sadly, he can't hold the mob at bay for too long. He gave it a red hot go, but in the end the mob wins. Let's check in on former MSNBC hosts Keith Oberman. He he calls on Biden to deport US citizen Elon Musk. Yeah, this is really sane and normal.
Speaker 4: Time to cancel all the contracts and reassess his immigration status and hopefully to port him the hell out of the country. And if we can't do that by conventional means, President Biden, you have presidential immunity. Get Elon Musk the out of our country and do it now.
Speaker 2: Now to a mile teacher who is upset that only one of his students has noticed or commented on his boobies, here is another ad for homeschooling.
Speaker 17: One of my students, I'm a teenager, was ranting to me about how it's so easy for her to notice, how come no one else has noticed. She's kind of got a point, and I'm not actually hiding purple curly hair, cat's eye glasses in the classroom, painted nails all the time, bracelets wear skinny jeans. How did people not notice? How have they not noticed beacups yet?
Speaker 2: Here's another reminder that you don't hate the leftist media enough. You think you do, but then you see this.
Speaker 1: So the laughable Donald Trump took a bullet for democracy versus a president who wants to put the country first.
Speaker 2: And don't Antifa always live up to the opposite of their name. They're supposed to be anti fascists, but they are the fascists. And here is one of their Canadian activists proudly proclaiming that, yes, they celebrate the barbarity of October seven.
Speaker 17: So we see that the fascist newspaper saying we are here to celebrate the seventh of October.
Speaker 2: Look, yes, we are here to celebrate the seven. As a wise woman once said, when people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've waited long enough.
Speaker 2: Let's see the horror that is Kamala Harris and the ladies of the View all together. It started bad and it only got worse. Here are the top six worst moments. To be honest, they're all bad. I just picked these randomly. Coming in at number six was the introduction by Whoopee, get your buckets ready. She laid it on thick.
Speaker 6: Please welcome back.
Speaker 16: The next President United said, Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, I'm so exciting.
Speaker 2: And you thought that was bad. Watch the post interview reaction from Whoopee. She looks like she needs a cigarette.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just basking in.
Speaker 8: The light.
Speaker 3: You know, it's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: She's basking in the light. I'm just happy to see them happy because they're often joyless, including joy Beha, proving yet again that she' this in some sad echo chamber on a parallel universe.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 12: She thinks the only.
Speaker 2: Reason someone would vote for Donald Trump is if they get bad information from other channels and watch Kamala Harris not along to this.
Speaker 18: People are saying this could be the closest election in a century. I personally cannot understand why anyone would vote for him. A lot of it is I think he's getting bad people are getting bad information from other channels. But do you have an explanation for this at all?
Speaker 2: Another terrible moment was this bit of gas lighting from the View Ladies and Kamala where they blamed the man who was tough on borders for the Biden Harris administration's border crisis.
Speaker 6: When you were here.
Speaker 18: Last I asked about the border, which remains a top issue to voters. And as you lately pointed out, the former president blocked the strongest border security bill in decades.
Speaker 2: Yes, they literally began dismantling every Trump era policy on the border on and that's why they had record numbers of the legal immigrants coming in. They recorded record numbers every single year of the Biden Harris administration. And talking about gas lighting, listen to Anna Novara blamed Trump for the Biden Harris administrations wofle response to Hurricane Helene. Apparently Trump pointing out the White House's failings is what's really dangerous, not all the folks without food, water, shelter, who are not getting the help they need.
Speaker 16: What do you think the effect of these lies are and why is he doing this?
Speaker 14: It's profound and it is the height of irresponsibility and frankly callousness. So lives are literally at stake right now.
Speaker 2: We know Kamala and just about every person interviewed in that region has spoken about how FEMA has failed them. The worst moment though, of Kamala's appearance on the view, when she's when she spoke the truth. That was the worst moment because brace yourself, folks, unlikely that you're going to see this sort of honesty again from her. This is devastating.
Speaker 16: Well, if anything, would you have done something differently than President Baden during the past four years?
Speaker 14: There is done a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of most of the decisions that have had impact.
Speaker 2: Nothing comes to mind. I thought she was the change candidate. She was going to turn the page. Now have you noticed how none of the Free Palestine protess has ever chant against her mass against the atrocities of October seven? Could it be that some of them agree with the barbarity that was unleashed.
Speaker 3: Let's see what.
Speaker 2: Happens when a Jewish documentary filmmaker Donza Kafia and goes under cover at a rally.
Speaker 6: Do you think that October seventh was too much?
Speaker 1: It was just everything?
Speaker 6: So October seven is one hundred percent justified. We went to the more October seventh.
Speaker 19: Do you think October seventh actually was the Israeli government killing its own people to justify the.
Speaker 6: Invasion of Gaza?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, because it's a huge campaign and they need they need an excuse.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's Army horrowedz. And it seems that in their own leftist circles, these activists freely admit to believing Israel was behind the October seven attack.
Speaker 19: The Israelis actually did it as a false flag operations, I.
Speaker 17: Think, Yeah, I think a lot of I think a lot of it was self infected.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they killed their own people and Israel killed their old people to justify the guy's invasion.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, do you think.
Speaker 19: That October seventh was actually committed by Israel?
Speaker 20: So yeah, AHAs doesn't have the kind of military weapons that would have incinerated houses and you know, the kind of destruction.
Speaker 6: They don't have that kind.
Speaker 20: Of sophisticated weaponry. So it is most definitely Israel that did it, you know, So there's.
Speaker 2: No denying that sophisticated weaponry of what like matches a fire. Joining me now is documentary filmmaker and commentator Army Horowitz. Army, how did it feel to march with these people who want to see the destruction of the only Jewish state, who some of them defend what happened on October seven?
Speaker 19: Yeah, By the way, I gotta say, I like my terror sheik. Look, what do you think I think I should adopt it going forward now to come on the show.
Speaker 2: Look, the reason why I did I will surprise people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no necessary. You know what, I'm always looking to zig.
Speaker 19: One of the people think I'm gonna zag, that's my brand. Look, the reason why I did this is because I want to show these people stand for who they are. But the media portrays them as simply people who feel bad for the guys ins or being put upon by these rarely war machines. They simply want to help the Palestinians to get aid and to get help. That's how they're portrayed by the media. I spent all day with these people, ask him the same questions, and I didn't get a single person who said at the October's. Look, they did it on October seventh. Three Now, they didn't do it on a different day where they could have any day in this year they could do a rally support the Palaestdians. They chose October seventh because it is a celebration for them. Every single person I spoke to said what happened October seventh was legitimate. They all said they stand with hamas who's standing for the Palestinian people. And by the way, then oddly the same time they hold his belief And by the way, I don't even know this was a thing. Every single person I spoke with said, like in the clip, that Israel actually committed October seven and it was a false flag operation in order to wipe out the Palestinians.
Speaker 6: This is what they truly believe in.
Speaker 19: And of course what supersedes the evil of Israel is of course the evil of the US. They share the hatred with the United States. And of course it was a group, a coalition of leftist lunatics, which I find it so interesting because you have the LGBTQ people out there, the climate change people out there, the anti capitalist people out.
Speaker 2: There, and you know it perfectly well that they're as anti American as they are anti Israel. Or you turned up to one of these protests with just an American flag and you were set upon and assaulted by multiple people. So we've already played that footage in the past. Let's turn our attention to Kamala Harris's campaign. She's gone from doing no interviews to doing a whole bunch of interviews with normally we're very friendly types. She's done sixty minutes. She's sat down with Howard sterned on an interview there they call her Daddy Podcast. What do you see is behind this change in strategy and is it working?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Look, she's not very smart. I think that's what coma cops pretty clearly. I think that's the reason why she's so popular among the white college student group of people, because she is the definition of a pseudo intellectual, right, she kind of strings together a bunch of platitudes as if her speech writer was formerly employed by a fortune cookie company.
Speaker 6: She put those together. People a look how smart she is, which she's.
Speaker 19: Really obviously saying nothing. Look, she's not good at this. And it's incredible, incredible to me how she's so ill prepared for the question that she knows she's gonna get right that even among friendly media. And that's why she's not preppy, because she knows, she's doing all these interviews among the friendly media, that she's not gonna get pressed on those issues until that is.
Speaker 6: She had that sixty.
Speaker 19: Minutes interviewed with the always well coifed Bill Bussall Whittaker, who was like a dog with a t bone stick.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't let go over. It was phenomenal. It was something to behold. You know.
Speaker 19: She was sitting there and he asked her all the typical questions. She of course deflected because she has no answers, but he wouldn't let it go.
Speaker 6: It was great. When he was talking about the border, she.
Speaker 19: Kept deflecting, and he kept going. He went back that well three times in the border, saying, yes, you say the numbers.
Speaker 6: Have gone down now, but they quite.
Speaker 19: Rupled under your tutelage, under your starship from Trump. And of course she couldn't do. He was talking with the economy. She of course was moving away from those questions. He interrupted her. He kept going back to it. It was something to see. Good for him. I'm glad he did it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've yeah, he was tougher than she's face. But still I thought she got away with plenty. There was a lot of plata chudes, a lot of empty statements, even the whole how you going to pay for this? Well, we're going to tax the rich because the rich don't pay any tax. When he would have known perfectly well that that was a data point he could have corrected her on. And this mystery now with ABC posting these two different versions of her answer on Israel and being having some influence on Prime Minister nettin Yahoo, that two very different answers, one posted Sunday and the other one that went to air on Monday, and the one that went to air on Monday makes Kamala look far more coherent and strong compared to the word salad we got, which is I think the full answer, which everybody mocked widely. So I think even the ABC, despite doing a tough interview, are doing their best to protect her. Meanwhile, on the view which was very friendly, indeed where she was just loved and adored, I think that's where she really screwed up. Because have a listen to this answer. I think this is the Trump campaign's next ad.
Speaker 16: If anything, would you have done something differently than President Baden during the past four years?
Speaker 14: There is done a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of most of the decisions that have had impact.
Speaker 2: I can't believe she said that Army.
Speaker 3: Why would she.
Speaker 2: She's tried to distance herself from the Biden Harris administration. She's tried to present herself as the change candidate. We're turning the page, it's a new day. And yet she just said she can't think of a thing she would have done differently.
Speaker 19: She's so bad at this. Look, she's a bad politician. She has fallen down upwards in every single position she has gotten.
Speaker 6: Look, of course there's an answer for that.
Speaker 19: Well, look, what's incredible to me again is that this is an election of change.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 19: The majority of people want to change candidate, but the majority of people see Trump as the change candidate, because, like she admits, she looks. She says it, I was in the room for all the decisions. Yeah, they were all crappy decisions, right, but she looks she didn't.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 19: The truth is she's in a tough spot. I don't want to give her a pass here, but she's in a very tough spot. Either she's going to condemn the policies that she was beholding to her she was actually pursuing, or she had to say, look, I agree with them all and they were all crappy policies, which is why he had to leave the race, because everyone knows he'd be on the worst presidence we ever had.
Speaker 6: Tough spot.
Speaker 2: I feel for well, it's a tough spot. But like you said, it was a question, she would have anticipated it and it's something she's going to be ready for. How are you different from the last four years? How you the change candidate? And she had nothing? Now President Biden has done it again. He is a spiken to the media. Kamala was on air stealing her thunder and he made a point of setting the records straight on Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida governor who Kamala Harris had accused of playing politics with hurricane relief.
Speaker 14: Playing political games with Chris Norman in this crazy situations list of emergency situation isn't utterly irreturnable.
Speaker 2: And it is seltou Now. Desantas slammed Kamala Harris for that bit of gas lighting, pointing that she's never made contact before during natural disasters that he's dealt with and that he talks to the president, not her, and remarkably, President Biden backed him up.
Speaker 3: This is telling.
Speaker 11: The governor of Florida has been cooperative.
Speaker 1: He said he's gotten all that he needs.
Speaker 5: I talked to him again yesterday and I said, whoever, I said, no, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: It's being all being done well.
Speaker 13: We thank you for it, and I literally gave my personal phone number to call.
Speaker 2: Is he trying to under mine? Is this deliberate? Or am I rating too much into it? Is it just Joe Boden sort of being unaway?
Speaker 19: Oh, come on, give the old man a pass. Hasn't he gone through enough Rita? He doesn't need it from you doubling down in him. Let's just let it go.
Speaker 6: Look this whole riff on the.
Speaker 19: Santas Harris and him not taking a phone call, I mean, he's just so gross.
Speaker 6: I see. The man is right now in the.
Speaker 19: Middle of dealing with his second major hurricane in a week, the one that's hitting now they say is the biggest hurricane hit Florida in.
Speaker 6: One hundred years.
Speaker 19: Sorry, Kamala's he's a little bit busy prepping for it, like he said, Like he's a she's like a Spern girlfriend. Like he won't take my phone call, turning my text. Yeah, he's got more important things to do than deal with your craziness. I mean, leave the man alone to call him selfish. Who's being selfish? You're politicizing this, You're making this about you. She can't help herself. You're the VP, you have absolutely no.
Speaker 6: Role when it comes to this.
Speaker 19: But look, I think she, rather than bothering him, we was trying to prepare maybe she could focus on FEMA, which by the way, has a tremendous amount of problems. First of all, their only FEMA could only make available right now for this hurricane nine percent of its staff for hurricane relief, when historically twenty five.
Speaker 6: Percent of staff is there.
Speaker 19: Because they're having massive staffing problems, thirty three percent of all the jobs in FEMA are still unfilled when we're standing trillions and trillions of dollars. And then even more gross, this webinar came out. I don't know if you saw this. This webinar came out where they were actually saying that THEMA was saying that we have to prioritize equity over absolutely helping the most amount of people possible.
Speaker 6: It's literal.
Speaker 19: This is what intersectionality actually becomes deadly.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 19: Then a second webinar came out. They said, we've got to prioritize LBGQIA plus maya signe Apperson. That is how Look, it reminds me of that New Yorker cartoon that came out my favorite cartoon that said, the world is ending, minority is disproportionately affected.
Speaker 1: That's where we are.
Speaker 6: We're actually living in New Yorker cartoon.
Speaker 2: Me Horowitz. Thank you so much for your time tonight, always your pleasure. Still to come. A teacher wins a massive settlement after being sacked for refusing to use a student's preferred pronounce. Stephanie Bastian up next, welcome back. Joining me now is head of Advocacy from Women's Forum Australia, Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie, thank you for your time. Now. We've seen some shocking revelations in the Australian Today about how our court system is still relying on outdated information and approving access to permanent treatments, including irreversible surgeries, hormone treatments puberty blockers. Barrister Belle Lane, a leading Australian legal professor on gender dysphoria cases, has written a paper calling on the courts to look at the processes being adopted by many Scandinavian countries where puberty blockers cross sex hormones are becoming. Now eight last resort Australia Steel Step following this affirmation model blindly. We're one of the last places that's doing that despite all the evidence that's come out in the UK, Scandinavian country's number of US states showing that this can be a really harmful path for many confused kids.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, well, good evening, Rita, thanks for having me on tonight. Yeah, it's very concerning. The government seems to have its head in the sand. We know the findings of the Castro Court do impact Australia, yet our political leaders and I think captured by powerful lobbyist groups like ACON, are continuing to deny that this is having a big impact on particularly children, and we know that girls are disproportionately affected, particularly girls in schools. There's a social contagion element, there's a mental health component to it, and these girls are going through changes that they cannot reverse, they cannot fix. And the fact that they will not review the fact that they were using to look into it, I think shows that we're on track for a solidamide scandal two point zero.
Speaker 2: That would be shocking. But I think you're absolutely right because any child who undergoes a treatment that's irreversible that leaves them with lifelong medical complications, and they were allowed to go down that path despite all the evidence that's come to light in recent years. At that, to my mind, they've got a very good case for compensation.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, And I think another area that's impacting this are our conversion therapy laws. Now a couple of weeks ago, South Australia just passed their laws. But these conversion therapy laws essentially legislate the affirmation model only. It criminalizes parents who pursue a more holistic approach. It puts medical professionals at risk of being accused of performing conversion practices on kids.
Speaker 2: It is such a dishonest term for those laws to call it conversion therapy, so dishonest because you do have parents who say I want my child to see a psychiatrists try to work through these issues before there's any sort of drugs involved or medical procedures, and that is something that's really not allowed under that and parents could risk losing their children if it goes to the courts. There was a well known case where that's already happened.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and I think there's probably more. We've certainly sent off fis to find out how widespread the problem is in various states, but we know that these laws are affecting child protection cases and things like that because the laws are so strict and it gives the state the power to try to enforce them in this way.
Speaker 12: It gives medical clinics.
Speaker 21: Powers to report parents who are perhaps concerned about these processes. Really, it is absolutely urgent that we have an inquiry as soon as possible, because the longer the longer we take, the more damage that's going to be done on the bigger The scandal is going.
Speaker 2: To be absolutely now to a lawsuit that should serve as a warning to both public organizations and the private sector, because both of them are pushing transactivism onto their staff. A school board in Virginia has been forced to pay five hundred and seventy five thousand dollars US in a settlement to a teacher because they were fired for refusing to use the preferred pronouns of a transgender student. I think again, this is the wills are turning. Things are changing, and there is now a correction happening where people are going you're not going to couse me, You're not going to bully me into affirming someone else's delusion. If they want to pretend or if they believe they're this or that, good for them, but I shouldn't have to participate in that.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, And that's why these cases are so important, cases like sal Grover's and Jasmond Sussex. It's these cases where you test the law and hopefully bring about change, and even if there's a finding that is really wrongful and unfair, at least then it sort of pushes the conversation further to say, perhaps we need to look at repeals and reforms.
Speaker 12: So hopefully, but I am concerned.
Speaker 21: Because Victoria's obviously bringing in these vilification laws, so I think that that's just you know, Harrietshing is an activist.
Speaker 12: I think that they're going to be.
Speaker 21: Problematic and in you know, being another weapon to be used to silence discussions around women's sex base rights and treatments for genderdice for it. So I hope there's some pushback on that. But once again, these cases the world would.
Speaker 2: Be helpful if we had a I don't know, an opposition in this state that it sometimes opposed some of this mad nine. They have been missing, and I think that's where the real debate happens. That we saw that with the voice and with the majority opinion prevailed, and I think the majority opinion even here in Victoria is very clearly on one side, but we've got both labor and the liberals on the other side, so people really don't have a choice when they go to cast their vote. Before you go, there's some data from advocacy group Do No Harm. It's made up of medical professionals and they released a database although over two thousand US hospitals that have performed sex change treatments on miners, so we're talking about under eighteen here. This comes after the same group revealed that over five seven hundred American children underwent sex change surgeries between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty three. They claim these figures represent thousands of kids who are being treated like guinea pigs for unproven and sometimes dangerous medical experiments, and that's another thing that's not talked about. I don't think it's at the heart of this issue. I think it is an ideological issue. But a lot of people do point out that there's plenty of money to be made from this sector, and once you perform a surgery like this or go down the drugs path, you can create a lifelong medical patient because they need that ongoing care and often there's all sorts of complications.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, and that's what makes it so devastating. But I mean in Victoria, in Australia, we don't even have the statistics.
Speaker 12: They are not keeping drug records.
Speaker 21: If a child or a young adult has a double misseectomy, we don't know whether it's for breast cancer or for gender dysphoria. So some really good work being done in the US. We certainly need more medical professionals who have this knowledge to be maybe something similar here.
Speaker 12: I think it's really important. We need this data.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need the data. We have to not have that. Stephanie bast And thank you for your time. And that's it from May. Up next is Newsnight