Speaker 1: We got Get Morning every day, Adelaide. Now we learned something which was white alarming yesterday. It's not alarming, Joe's in terms of your Christmas culture or lack of. We found out that you've never seen the movie Elf.
Speaker 2: Listen the book.
Speaker 3: I've never seen Elf. Everyone keeps saying I need to watch it. It's on our least every Christmas is Christmas, I will watch Elf.
Speaker 4: It just looks a bit weird, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's very weird and very it's good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't really sleep last night on the back of that. Really really hurt my soul.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I mean, is it that good?
Speaker 2: It's really funny? Elf?
Speaker 5: That good.
Speaker 1: It's very very funny. I really highly recommend that you watch it.
Speaker 4: I've started, and then I thought this is all a bit bizarre.
Speaker 1: It depends what sort of attitude you take into it.
Speaker 3: You really sound like my husband right now, who says, bring a good attitude all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, bring a really relaxed, not expect too much type of attitude. Okay, don't go into it like you would if you're approaching a movie like I don't know a few good men or something like that.
Speaker 2: Different vibes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So Elf is at the top of the list for the top ten most famous Christmas movies of all time. You haven't seen that one. Let's go through a few of them. What about the Santa Claus starring Tim Allen?
Speaker 4: Gosh, not a big Tim Allen fan.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen this next movie, will take my hat off and I'll eat it home alone.
Speaker 4: I've seen that.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we can definitely finally because we always got that thing.
Speaker 3: We always threaten our eleven year old and go, we will kevin you home alone.
Speaker 2: Well you'll name them Kevin. No, no, we name you Kevin.
Speaker 4: We will Kevin here and leave her home alone.
Speaker 2: That's she'll what's ther response, I'll call the cops.
Speaker 1: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation starring the Great Chevy Chase.
Speaker 3: Is that the one where they go round and around the circles and he goes, hey, kids, that's big Ben.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that it is?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, just to interject producer black Hair, that's National Lampoon's European vacation.
Speaker 7: There's a Christmas vacation.
Speaker 2: Which is the most famous one. There's a difference.
Speaker 6: Sweetie, Chevy Chase did more than one movie. Okay, Kitty, ok you Chevy.
Speaker 1: Jingle All the Way, which I haven't seen, but that stars the great Schwarzenegger and surprise, surprise, produce a flak big fan.
Speaker 7: Have you seen that one?
Speaker 6: Jodah, nothing says Christmas, then Arnold Schwarzenegger like a muscle bound.
Speaker 2: Guy trying to get a toy for his kids. All the Way is one of the best.
Speaker 4: What sort of toys You're trying to get?
Speaker 2: A machine gun? I'm not sure. I'm not sure. Miracle on thirty fourth Street, no, oldie, but of good.
Speaker 4: No, I've heard of it, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Jeez, Why do I feel like I'm just being hauled by the principal and I'm in trouble right now?
Speaker 1: Well you are, you're getting If the principal is Santa Claus, then you're a big all right. I'm going to run through a few more die Hard Christmas with the Cranks deck the halls.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen any of those except for die Hard.
Speaker 1: You've seen die Hard and probably because your husband was watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally the Polar Express, which is an animation starting Tom.
Speaker 4: Hanks Jesus Age christ. I had to sit at I had.
Speaker 3: To sit through that ole entire thing at the movies and I reckon fifteen minutes in.
Speaker 4: I totally lost the will to live, did you.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But Merry Christmas is.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're a Greech. That's nice, isn't it. And we're doing this at Sandus well Away, I'm not sure we can do it.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know now.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 7: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what news today is.
Speaker 4: What you need to know?
Speaker 1: You know what you need to know with Jody and as perhaps I whither will be disappointing if you're a teenager.
Speaker 2: But guess what, very very much a relief to parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Australia's Parliament is past a bill that will aim to do what no other government has and many parents have tried to stop stop using children from using social media. So moving forward, if you are under sixteen, you will no longer have access to things like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and a variety of other platforms that all the gen zs would know but I don't.
Speaker 4: But they're the main ones.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Agensis producers it was telling us before. This is obviously news.
Speaker 1: That's gone across the world, and American websites and stuff we've picked it up and even the commentary there in terms of the comments has been well done.
Speaker 2: Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so when you're getting support online from countries such as America, yeah, it's a pretty good thing because they love some hatefield messages on social media.
Speaker 4: Oh don't they.
Speaker 3: And I just think this is such a wonderful initiative. It was pushed by our very own Whipper from FITZI, Wigger and Kate and also our premium Peter Melanowskis has been heavy behind this as well.
Speaker 4: And I just think it's so wonderful because these social.
Speaker 3: Media companies target our kids, make no question about that. They have algorithms that are specifically targeted towards children, and it is dangerous not to mention the predators that are online as well. So I just I feel so good about this because I shake my head each and every day at the absolute hate filled vitriol that is on the Internet at the moment.
Speaker 4: And guess what, it's what I discovered yesterday.
Speaker 3: It starts with our parents because I did a story for ten years first, and it was about parents being banned from being within twenty five meters of schools, parents of children who are coming down to the schools and abusing teachers and principles. And now it is filtered into social media, it is filtered online. So these parents and I repeat, these parents are setting up these online forums that are specifically designed to target teachers with defamatory messages and nasty messages. So it starts with us, you guys, and we are failing miserably in this space where it's become the norm to be horrible one that you've never ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's what is unbelievable is when you see so many people trolling but we're not being trouble for on social media and sometimes you look at their profiles and their handles and stuff, well they're not real and no, not even that. Even worse, it will be a bloke holding baby or something and it'll be blah blah blah, proud father of two daughters, and you're like.
Speaker 3: They're the worst ones, aren't they They're the ones that get my blood boiling, Like, how very dare you set that standard to your children where you're jumping online and just abusing strangers, people that you've never met, not even abuse, just having opinions about Andrew Hayes's life, Jody Oddy's life, Alex Flack's life like it produces always life.
Speaker 2: You have no right keep Alex Flack out of this.
Speaker 4: I know he's a beautiful man.
Speaker 2: He needs to be protected.
Speaker 3: Producer Flak is a unique species that. Sure, we have the right to bully in here, but know what else does because.
Speaker 1: We know how aggressively sensitive he is. Oh my god, we're falling into the track.
Speaker 2: It's all about No.
Speaker 3: I just think this is such a wonderful initiative. And I read a quote yesterday actually from Mike Tyson of all people.
Speaker 2: Cannot be honest with that? Can I just jump in for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in terms of life advice, no, iron Mike is not my go to source, but here we are.
Speaker 4: I understand that, and I get that. But something that he said made a heap of cents.
Speaker 1: It was if you're going to bite in here, no, it will bite the upper side because the lower side's a bit chewy.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of vander Hollyhill.
Speaker 3: No, it really wasn't that. He said something along the lines of we're are raising no. Well done to social media for raising a generation of people that can be disrespectful to someone without getting punched in the face.
Speaker 4: And it's true because you have.
Speaker 3: Said that to someone's face back in the day bang, you know, And now people say whatever they want online and it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I just say, I'd love to hear Mike Cayson in the flesh say disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be goodn't it?
Speaker 2: Disrespectful? Your father?
Speaker 1: He's on the money six nothing, not the Friday edition where we're going to blue direction. Yeah, and straight back up after seven o'clock. But right now, very very blueberry saucy. Now you love stories involving colky penis.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, what have you got? Okay?
Speaker 3: A man in New Mexico has been awarded the biggest medical payout in history after doctors irreversibly damaged his penna.
Speaker 2: Not yet when you clapped, I just assume you're going to say penis. Okay, he said it.
Speaker 3: So he got four hundred and twelve million dollars in damages. It is the largest medical malpractice payout from a jury in US history.
Speaker 2: Take us through the second largest.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, that was a woman's boob.
Speaker 1: No, that was that was former basketball player Alan Navarro. He was watered turing sixteen million in Florida. He was misdiagnosed his headache for a stroke. Oh no, he went in with a stroke and they said, oh good, you've got a headache.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and he got brain damage.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, going to do with two hundred and sixteen meal?
Speaker 2: If you've got brain dam what are you gonna do with that? Before? You've got a faulty dick? Can pay money to make it work again.
Speaker 3: Okay. So he was conned into having unnecessary injections into his genitals by a clinic that preyed on elderly men. He can no longer get out. What's the sound effect?
Speaker 2: I think the word he can no longer get.
Speaker 3: A and he must sit down to urinate because his penny has become enveloped in thick scar tissue.
Speaker 2: This is where I jump in for the first time a long time.
Speaker 1: I think you mean enveloped envelope. Look, we're on the edge of hitting December. No, that means the Christmas orders are starting to stack up with the kids.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they are, don't They give a lot of thought to it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure that they do.
Speaker 1: So they go from some really really, I think you've got a drillanty kids that you can't have everything, okay, so you needs to be very very select if it's one, two, maybe three things selected top three. So my son Henry's very good right now. He's only got two requests basically, and that's lego and also he wants a guitar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's right at the garage man.
Speaker 1: So I want to get him just a little beginner guitar and then he can probably have my guitar if he wants, which is a good guitar anymore.
Speaker 4: You don't need to get the chicks, do you know?
Speaker 1: He locked in car and I thought, what useful I got for this? I was just about to smash it up, and I thought, maybe I'll give it to our future son. So not Prince Albert Hotel one time, years and years ago on a Friday night. Who would have thought things progressed so quickly. Yes, so he's got his orders locked. It very reasonable too, by the way. And then we took Loti's orders as well, and it was barbies.
Speaker 2: And then it got really interesting.
Speaker 1: The second order was a baby elephant off the back of she must have seen them news when Burma turned up. So she's keen for a baby elephant. And then at the top of the list was Dad. It wasn't I want, I need, I need a real reindeer. So we're in the process now. I'm just trying to source a real reindeer. Are the reindeeres in Australia. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the reindeer is at Manato.
Speaker 2: I'm not sing the raindies actually exist? The real reindeer.
Speaker 4: Excuse me very much? Do reindeers exist?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a real thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, reindeers are real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she wants one that flies with the red nose. It's that time of the week, isn't.
Speaker 4: It It is?
Speaker 3: It's reflection time. So Jody's Diary. If you've never heard it before, if you knew to the show, welcome. It is a collection of the highs and the lows of everything that has transpired this week on the Jody and Hazy showre you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Strap yourselves in And when I say yourselves me, it's usually direct feedback.
Speaker 4: For me, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Feedbacks? Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: It's the only way you're going to learn and develop.
Speaker 2: I seem to not be learning every.
Speaker 4: Single week's diary. Let's rip into it, de diary.
Speaker 2: Let's start the week with all the D words.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to say the D words, and that is but we're viewing towards that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Or is that?
Speaker 2: M from two to three plates? He likes the I don't know how to say armie beans beans. He likes the green beans. Let's just call it that.
Speaker 1: And then we're very very adventurous my son and I he sort of you know, jumps between the chicken tariarchy or the tuna and avocado, because you know, we're Australian people who like sushi.
Speaker 2: So I educated with that palet.
Speaker 4: Can I just cut this out for.
Speaker 1: You, Mamimi? Green beans ed green beans?
Speaker 4: Or is that the word of the year?
Speaker 2: De mur It was a very demure, very cute see how you may make up for work, very demure, very mindfuls.
Speaker 4: We asked, and we're so glad that we did. When did you over order?
Speaker 2: I don't wanted to go back to years ago when I was hairdressing in Sydney.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I had to order.
Speaker 4: I ordered turned to the make.
Speaker 2: Everyone in Sydney.
Speaker 5: Could have had a perman.
Speaker 8: My mom was at the Press ten. She was ordering pasta because the dominoes that and she was so drunk. She ordered ten paintings and ten garlic breads for True's.
Speaker 3: A real passion theme this week. Fyi Haizy and I have never lot lips.
Speaker 2: God, get out of her face if it makes.
Speaker 4: You feel better. You've never had bad breath. I've never smelled bad breast.
Speaker 2: All the extra work that goes even this tag clean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair that we've never passed.
Speaker 2: So that is true. That is true. Can't see that happening any time. So the profession's going at it. That's fine.
Speaker 3: I feel like things would improve in the Hazy household if he accepted that.
Speaker 4: His children are his own.
Speaker 3: So you love a good pash and you regularly try and kiss your wife and she's not about.
Speaker 1: It, and obviously she has long days.
Speaker 2: She's got three kids.
Speaker 3: No, you have three you both have three kids.
Speaker 2: Let me try that again. We have three kids.
Speaker 4: Another week, another runt of the NBL.
Speaker 3: The NBL's official instagram reposted tres teeing off.
Speaker 4: On the NBL Now so not only have you.
Speaker 3: Punished the man for being the most entertaining thing that's happened to the NBL in news and years, but then you've turned around, You've gone, we're going to use his tea off as clicks, yes, click bait, the nb A.
Speaker 2: Going, oh my guy, guys, we just got controlled by tres.
Speaker 4: To visit and we'll leave you with this. Hazy is an animal. I will say this, you're a fire today.
Speaker 3: Yes really I said it before just rolling off Grenaise left Rotten Center and just walking away like the arrogant pig that you are.
Speaker 2: Who told you I was a pig? You've been speaking to my wife.
Speaker 3: I also suspect my little co host may have a small drinking problem.
Speaker 4: I've been calendar.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a part of these pies, and you only get one of each.
Speaker 1: And when you're like, oh that was delicious, professionally, I'd like to sample one more, you can't okay very much.
Speaker 4: So you meet to day and you can't buy. What do you want to cantet today?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: It's the fourth of December and Hazel raging alcohol.
Speaker 1: Twenty four US a day and then saying excuse every single time, what are you doing it's Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas time.
Speaker 4: So to Mark and his per.
Speaker 3: Alboy hazy like the arrogant pick that you are, and all the d words.
Speaker 2: It was very demure, very cute.
Speaker 3: See, let's go off this weekend, Kings and queens all my love, Jody, I tell you what is not magical, and that is my husband's demeanor behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: Did you say demeanor or demure?
Speaker 4: Demure?
Speaker 3: He is, as you well know, one of the sweetest men you'll ever meet. But you chuck him in a car and something is triggered.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope that he's not as speedy. I hope he's fought. Isn't as heavy as his tongue. No, because that's a man that goes at a thousand miles.
Speaker 4: Now, he does speak fast.
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't drive that quickly.
Speaker 3: No, but there's quite often I will call him and he'll be on speaker and then mid commersons.
Speaker 4: Actually, in fact, every time I call him, there'll be a pause. Who you go, what the are you doing? Mate? Like he just blows up, goes from now to one hundred. As you say.
Speaker 3: He's a man who is known to have heard from the back seat in the in the car seat. Daddy, when you say, for bleep's sake, does that make the traffic go faster?
Speaker 2: That never helps the situation.
Speaker 4: He really doesn't.
Speaker 3: And so he was dramatically thrown under the bus the other day with Grandma who was driving to her house with the five year old in the back seat. So they're driving home and Harper says to Grandma, Nanny, can you you need to pass that car? The car in front of you, You need to pass it? And Grandma says, no, Harper, I can't. That's not how it works. And Harper goes or why not just go on the other lane then cut him off. That's how Daddy drives.
Speaker 7: Friday.
Speaker 1: I told you it's before Jones, rain, pale or shine or even if it at Santa's wonder Land, we will speak to Ryan's certainly.
Speaker 4: No way we've said this before. Can week into a weekend without our fix of fits.
Speaker 2: Is good morning man.
Speaker 5: I'm just shattered that that I'm not at the Wonderland with you guys, because what a great place that is for kids. I mean for us, it was always the archipar grew on, the was the was seeing as wonder Land. But for you guys to have families there and to enjoy the day. I mean we I think it's time to start putting the Christmas tree up. It's not December yet, but it's just around the corner.
Speaker 4: And if only you work for Nova and you could get some free passes.
Speaker 7: Ah, well, Sha, it is a good timing you though, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's a great time with you know what the Fitzgerold's we always usually we pick a house.
Speaker 7: We go to the house. My cousin Shane rocks up with his homemade bourbon, which is.
Speaker 2: Fine, nothing could go wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about one year Mum was working at the dental surgery down on beach, right at Christie's Beach, and someone come in and said, would you like, Claire, would you like to buy some bill of Bong T shirts? And she said, oh, do you know what? My son is a massive surfing he loves to serve. This is when I was younger. I'll buy five of them. If they're that cheap, I'll buy five of them. Took them home and gave them to me for Christmas. And unfortunately I can't wear a.
Speaker 7: Filler Bong T shirt. I can.
Speaker 5: And the funniest moment was as soon as I said that, my cousin Shane goes I'll wear them.
Speaker 3: Can I ask of Shane's homemade bourbon? Bourbon is one of those spirits that traditionally makes men very angry. I can only imagine what it would do if it was someone's.
Speaker 5: It is actually not bad, but that's the Fitzgerald family Christmas, so I'm looking forward to her. Guys. Well, the weather's been magnificent leading up so far, so it should be great.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question, do you do Chris Kringle or are you sort of buying each person and individual present?
Speaker 7: So this year it's changed up.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if your kids are aware or Joe, you're aware?
Speaker 7: On YouTube? You know the Norris Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Do I yes?
Speaker 5: So they're a lovely family. Saber Norris kicked it off. She's a great well, they're all great surfers and skaters. But they have had so much success through YouTube that they've actually bought themselves.
Speaker 7: A house each in BONDI this is how much money they make. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: But they as a family, they're a lovely family and it's good for the kids to watch. But they do this thing where the mum and Dad give them some money and they'll go to a store and buy each other gifts. So this year we're going I think we're doing a Marion trip and it's one hundred dollars and you've got to buy a present each for each other and then we present them on the day. So that's what our Chris Kringle is for the family this year.
Speaker 1: Is that the only thing you get involved in terms of other presents fifty like it, do you ever buy presents? Or is it just BJ's job? And not because you're lazy, but because you know.
Speaker 4: It's genuinely because you're lazy.
Speaker 5: I loathe it so much coming up with ide like and it's like, oh that that'd.
Speaker 7: Be so funny. It's a kangaroo scrotum bottle opener. They love that.
Speaker 5: That's so funny. Never used it, never used it. But so yeah, that's that's how I set up this year. So Lenny wants a PS five and he's been asking quite a bit at the moment. But yeah, I remember when I was younger, I wanted a Commodore sixty four for years. I asked Santa Claus for years, three years, didn't get it.
Speaker 7: And this is a disgrace, and then one I'm not joking.
Speaker 5: One year there was a there was a present under the tree that was long and it was rectangular, which was sort of like the sort of the size of the Commodol sixty four and the keyboard, and I thought, this is it, and I am not joking. Santa Claus gave me a set of Bible story books. And Mom and Dad were sniggering in the w over in the corner, just laughing their heads off.
Speaker 7: See my reaction cruel? How cruel is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That is shocking.
Speaker 1: You know if fits a you know comedy better than us. But I feel like with your young lad, if you were to I don't know, maybe strap a PS two or p S three and call it a PS five, I think that we would very.
Speaker 2: Much enjoy that. He's a great idea.
Speaker 3: That is a great Christmas sorded in the FitzGeralds. Well done, Hey fits so good to talk to you, as per Usual'll have to get you out here to send us one land on the ice, skates on the ice, skating in God love to raceful.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, would love that. Love Enjoy guys, and we'll speak to you next Weak No.
Speaker 2: Nine one nine presents Santa's Wonder Lane, good place in Adelaide, possibly the planet.
Speaker 1: We are broadcasting this morning from Santa's One Land before it actually opens up to the general public. There's hundreds and hundreds of people here experiencing Santa's One Lane.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to have to do these kids, because you are actually live on the radio right now. So I'm going to get you to give it your biggest jeer centers, one lamb.
Speaker 4: What do we think?
Speaker 3: It's all right, Andrew Hayes, it is time usually get the opportunity to do these types of things.
Speaker 2: I can't be trusted in this situation.
Speaker 4: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about this for weeks and weeks. When we have this little outdoor broadcast, somebody is going to walk away with five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, and this is the moment.
Speaker 3: We are all about making Christmas dreams come true this morning, so we're about to announce who is the winner of five thousand dollars. I've entrusted you with this duty and I'm very nervous about it. What do you mean under pressure you crumble?
Speaker 2: All right? Should we get stuck straight into it?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Somebody out there is about to win five thousand dollars. If it is your name, you race towards the front of the stage, and let's give you five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Cap sure?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Oh Katie, heart's counting.
Speaker 4: Take a break.
Speaker 1: The winner are five thousand dollars at Santa's wonder Landi's Courtney leads from Salisbury North Corney, Corney.
Speaker 3: Come up here.
Speaker 2: Quick, Courney.
Speaker 4: Okay, time the hugs later. Let's go.
Speaker 1: You've got five seconds crive four three two?
Speaker 4: What did you get?
Speaker 8: Help here?
Speaker 4: Can you stand up here if you need to get up? Oh sweetheart, well done?
Speaker 2: Can we bring it in very much?
Speaker 3: I can confirm that you are shaking five thousand dollars or yours?
Speaker 4: How are you feeling?
Speaker 9: I just can't believe that I'm shaking so much. It's just incredible. We're actually building a house at the moment, and to be able to use those extra funds to build a house would be amazing. I just can't thank you guys enough.
Speaker 4: Who have you brought along? I know you brought kids.
Speaker 9: I brought my daughter Coha, and my son Jet, and my sister and my one of my really good friends, Tracy.
Speaker 3: What I'm gonna need from you is to breed in through your nose out through your mouth.
Speaker 9: If are so.
Speaker 3: Overwhelmed, ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Courtney. Oh my gosh, Corney, I feel how much he's shaking.
Speaker 2: Well, it's amazing. Here go Courtey. We're gonna give you this, this giant check.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations once again, and thank you so much to everybody who got involved and got passes to Santa's one Land this morning and said, a hell of a morning that we're having and this is just an absolutely beautiful place. Give it up for Courtney Leach from Salisby North, Congratulations, Thank.
Speaker 9: You so much. And this generous money we'll go a long way building our house and just finishing it off. We're currently living with my mother in law in Salisbury North.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry, how's it going? How's that?
Speaker 9: She has been amazing? And it's going to go to a nice playground for my children, or to finish our backyard or some new furniture. So thank you.
Speaker 1: So we're getting reports as well that your mother in law is actually shaking with joy as well.
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 9: Should we be living over with her for twelve months and we are actually at week seven of building our house and will hopefully be in there by January or February next year.
Speaker 3: Excellence, because builder is a notorious withing your time, so you might be with your mother and mother in law a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: Well done, Courtney Ante.
Speaker 9: My partner's is going to be absolutely stoked and just trying to save and just trying to live at the same time. But yeah, we're doing it for our children.
Speaker 2: Excellent and absolutely worthy. Congratulations Courtney.
Speaker 1: Santa's Wonderland's whatever I's talk about Adelaid showground today till Christmas Eve book on line. Save Santa's Wonderland dot com dot au. Very very big news regarding teens and social media in Australia.
Speaker 3: I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am that this new law has been passed so social media giants will face fifty million dollar fines for failing to take reasonable steps to ensure Australians under the age of sixteen are not I repeat, are not on their platforms including TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat in Australia under historic new laws. Make no mistake, we are world leaders in this space and the rest of the world are watching Australia right now to see how this pans out, because I think it's absolutely huge. The mental health danger that these social media platforms create for our children is absolutely terrifying. Now, this was all driven by our own Whipper from Fitzwipper and Kate and also our Premier Peter Mellenows because who has been passionate about this for a very long time. He has small children and he is as worried as most of us parents are about the impact that it is having, these algorithms that target children and the aim is to get them addicted. We're all concerned about what impact that's having because we don't know. This is new territory, hazy. We've never ever been in this landscape before where social media has taken over our kids' life via smartphone. So this was also driven by parents who were grieving their children who took their own lives after being bullied, harassed or extorted via social media. So those parents are praising the government saying well done. This is a historic day and I for one, am so bloody relieved that this is happening. Because these platforms scare the crap out of me. And I just know parents like me get worn down by their children, nagging, nagging, nagging, Can I please have Instagram?
Speaker 4: Can I please have Snapchat?
Speaker 3: And then the fact that they're going off and doing it behind our backs is even more terrifying. So well done to our government by passing this through. It'll be rubber stamp this morning. But it is a historic day and I congratulate Australia for being the world leader in this space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's already coming through.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of different websites and social media platforms are picking up this story in different countries and the feedback by the comments is pretty solid, and that is that what Australia is doing right now is something that should become the norm across the planet and it's a really good thing. We're in different generations where it's easy to sit back when you haven't been troubled, you haven't been involved in this situation, where you go, oh, I just ignore it, just ignore the comments.
Speaker 2: You can't, it's not real. You can't.
Speaker 1: And until you've actually been in there and been engulfed by it and consumed by it, it's completely like having a conversation with someone face to face. That would never happen. That's the thing about it, though. What happens in social media would really happen in terms of interaction face to face. But kids, particularly kids under the age of sixteen, don't know that.
Speaker 3: But you and I, like we struggle with the nasty things that are said and the trolling.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine your children?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 3: And that's what hurts my soul so much, is that my young girls will be subjected to any form of abuse or vitriol or hate online. It absolutely nearly brings me to tears with my need to want to protect them. So I thank the government that they have taken this step to protect our kids and protect their little hearts from being hurt in the way that adults hurt each other. And we're not setting the example by the way adults are not setting the example in this space, and we need to be better, and we need to be better for our kids.
Speaker 1: It is a very good thing. Congratulations to the government for putting the throat