Speaker 1: We're going to hours very sixty rugby league from every angle joining me in the great Good and Tallis. It's been the general Australian James Hooper, Michael Carrianas and big news today Lachlan Galvin's heading for the exit at the West Tigers. He is allowed to negotiate with rival clubs and has been told that he will not be there beyond this season. I think June thirty, I'm hearing what's the latest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could move as early as this week, And it looks like Lockey Galvin potentially has played his last game for the West Tigers. Look, it's been on ongoing saga for the last couple of months. Looks like we're going to get closer to a resolution. There's still a few things that need to play out, including the transfer fee, including that legal matter that that's going on at the moment between the Galvin camp and the West Tigers. If they get all these things sorted, Locky Galvin has played his last game.
Speaker 1: To transfer fee and also the legal battle has that been scrapped not yet.
Speaker 3: Not yet.
Speaker 2: So we start with the transfer fee first, Gray, So the West Tigers will put about essentially a bounty on Locky Galvin's head and what that value is going to be. We're not sure that's what they're talking about at the moment. We saw the Bulldogs spend five hundred thousand dollars for Carl Alaapu a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years ago.
Speaker 2: Is that a benchmark? Is that the parameters that clubs could base themselves on. Speaking to a few clubs today not involved in these, they think five hundreds excessive. So they're thinking around, you know, potentially the land between the two to three hundred thousand dollars it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's why.
Speaker 1: So a lot would depend on what money he's on right before a transfer fee or not.
Speaker 3: They're irrelevant. It's just up to the club.
Speaker 2: The West Tigers could ask for two million dollars, It doesn't, you know, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Doree with that though, is no one will pay too much?
Speaker 3: No, no, of course, ye. Yeah, but Braith was just asking where that number comes to.
Speaker 1: Just back to that because I think about this and I think if they have negotiated that the transfer fee needs to be paid and Galvin's camp are okay with that, that suggests to me that they have someone lined up, maybe a club that are happy to pay that transfer fee.
Speaker 2: Well you think so, but you think that a club, you know, as long as the money is not ridiculous, you think a club would stump up for a player of Lucky's caliber to get himTo the club. And it's important to know it doesn't come out of your salary cap, so it's out of there.
Speaker 5: So how does that help the bottom clubs?
Speaker 6: So the Tigers did a great deal with this young kid, potentially got him to where he is, and now he wants to leave and they can't get anything for him.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is that lose lose for the West Tigers. It has been from the beginning. They can't win this situation. When you've got a star player who's not on a lot of money next year that wants to leave, you can't win.
Speaker 4: I'd transferred.
Speaker 7: I've heard the transfer fee will in all likelihood land around one hundred and fifty one thousand dollars, which when you consider that he's on three hundred, that seems about the right number. But I think what's hard to wrap your head around, and to Gordon's point, is the West Tigers, for all the tough talk we saw the statement released on April or fourteenth. We won't be budging, which I've spoken about the crocodile roll. He delivered the Winston Churchill style of speech that we won't be rolling over and releasing this kid under any circumstances.
Speaker 8: I said Rich, I said he'd be seeing out the contract here. It is here. This is the club statement. You want to go through. This hoops for us.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, This was Riche's words April fourteen. It should be noted that the club has no intention of releasing Lachlan from his contract and he has not requested this then Wednesday, April twenty three. Lachland Governor is a great person.
Speaker 4: He is a junior.
Speaker 7: He's come through the club. He's going to be with us for the next eighteen months. The bottom line from the club's point of view is he is here for the next eighteen months. So fighting words from rich at the time, and I think he received a lot of widespread support around the game for wanting to be staunch, for not letting Isaac Mazes simply bend them over and try and create an issue that meant he had to be released from the club.
Speaker 8: It's change Hoops.
Speaker 7: Well, clearly the legal issue has been simmering in the back around the entire time, and the Tigers have realized they're on a hiding to nothing and that has become untenable.
Speaker 4: But it's just it's hard.
Speaker 7: To stomach break given how staunched they were and how strong it appeared they were going to be, and the support that they got from a lot of other rival clubs about Britain, prepared to make a statement, and yet now all of a sudden the shift.
Speaker 8: Does this mean that Laughlin Galvin's manager has one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it does.
Speaker 8: How do you think? What do you guys think? And didn't feel about that.
Speaker 6: I just feel sorryful the clubs down the bottom being feeder clubs to the top clubs, you know, like they did a great deal. When can a club, as I can repeat myself again, go and do a great deal. The kid was there, he was happy to sign the deal, and the manager signed him to the deal. But then the manager goes, while the deal is not good, but can they do a great deal?
Speaker 5: Well, that was a good deal for the Tigers.
Speaker 3: If it was.
Speaker 2: You know, they did offer him a massive extension and upgrade for next season, right, so if he were to start at the club, he would he would have got a better deal, right I with their clubs can't do a good long term deal. They might be able to get twelve months out of a good deal, but they can never do a long term, a good long term deal anymore, the way that the parameters of the rules are at the moment.
Speaker 7: But the frustrating thing is there was a lot of powerful people in the game who thought good on the Tigers. They have actually shown some stains here and they are going to fight for a contract and fight for what they believe in. And Lachland's a local junior who's come through their system. They allowed him to debut at age eighteen years of age. He wouldn't have got that opportunity at any other club. But because of the pressure and the agitation and the manipulation, they've been forced into this scenario.
Speaker 8: With the Tigers, I think what, I don't have an issue of what they've done. I don't think they've lost. I think they could prove to have won at the end of all this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's been so you think it's good to get rid of get rid of Galvin, get rid of him. You know, at the end of the day, this team, this club is bigger than one player. You know, look at the turnaround, look at what Benji was doing. Look at the players in there that we're thriving. You've got Little Y and the likes. All their players have got better. Yeah, they've lost the last two weeks. You got to say that that's got a lot to do with what's happening in this huge distraction.
Speaker 8: Now, this has come from nowhere.
Speaker 1: This was a curve ball from him and his management and their team which really unsettled and derailed a club that was on the rise. Do you want that in your club? Do you want that a part of your team? Do you want to play next to that guy? You know what, see you later. I don't see any issue with it. I think the club has taken the right stands. We can say, yes, the manager want and he has and it's not good and we shouldn't allow this. But at the end of the day, you know what, the Tigers had to go in and so see you later. They gave him a chance over the last couple of weeks. They got beat sixty four nil and he dropped the ball over the line to win in the game on the weekend.
Speaker 8: So you know, at the end of the day, Why do you want that in your club?
Speaker 7: They're all very no, they're not very fair and salient points break Why bother with the lip service statement six weeks ago, right, and why implode the joint.
Speaker 4: The way that they did.
Speaker 7: That's all on West Tigers, that's all on Shane Richardson. Because what they could have done when the agent said, you know what, don't even bother making the offer, we're not interested is they could have said, okay, but they don't put anything out of statement out the agent, don't hold a gun to their head.
Speaker 8: The agent got in a gutter and went legal on because of the social.
Speaker 7: They allowed the agent to get in the gutter by putting the statement out. Right, If they don't put that statement out, the players don't make the Instagram posts and then we don't end up with the shit.
Speaker 1: So that's a fair point. You may if you look at it that way, you're right. I mean, but I still think they've done the right thing regardless. You know, I know I'm not saying the statement was the right thing. You make a good point there, that's a very good point because they have got a reaction from the agent gaining some ammunition, then got off the back of the players in their posts. But it wasn't even the post. I mean that the accusations, the accusations were not just the post. We don't know exactly what they were, but we know that they weren't just the post. They were saying that he was bullied at training as well from players like you know, I just I actually don't want to just put this on Isaac, you know, because it's not just him. You know, You've got He's not a child, you know, Lock and Galvin. He's not a child, and his parents are well behind this as well.
Speaker 6: So it's not just your role playing State of Origin. It's played ten games. That's going to Mark Latrell. We ask a lot of our guys and when you play NRL, and you know, I think Melmoninger played State of Ogon at twenty as well, so he's old enough to make his own decisions.
Speaker 5: He's driving cars, and there's a lot.
Speaker 6: Of blokes before his time did a lot tougher things than go there and play rugby league.
Speaker 8: I just like I want to feel sorry for him.
Speaker 5: I feel sorry for the Tiger.
Speaker 8: But I feel sorry for the Tigers more I feel the fans.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for the position that they're in now, when only five or six weeks ago everything was flying and they are looking great and the season had turned around, and they're you know, they've been through hell this club.
Speaker 6: But the Tiger's done that, Hoops because this managers stood over him for a long long time and they're standing up for all their members that go there. There's nothing better we talk about the romance of like the gold and Black or the black and white. They go at the Campbelltown and they're like, and their fans need a bit of hope. They've got this young kid that's a local junior and he gets naturally him like all the others.
Speaker 5: So what do they do?
Speaker 7: It became so a motive Gordy because they had the flashpoint meeting and at that point none of us knew anything, Right, Isaac Mass and Lachlan Galvin going to Richo's office at the club's Concord headquarters, no one knew that that was going on. But off the back of that, because of our robust and volatile and nasty that that meeting got, you know, Isaac's gone him with a list of grievances, primarily all aimed at Benji's coaching rich A trist to put the sixth Moon offer on the table. Isaac says, don't even bother because when I'm staying here, we're going to be looking for better coaching and going to another club. So the Tigers have got an option there. They can either say, okay, no worries, Well, you're going to see it your contract here because you're signed here until the end of twenty twenty six, or you can go the other road, which was pulled a pin out of Handker put that statement out. But a statement you think that they would have stayed in house or no, it would have all got out caught, It would have all got out within.
Speaker 4: A very short space of time.
Speaker 7: But if they'd rather than put the statement out, if they just said, you know what, okay, if Thatt's no worries, but he's got a deal here and we want him to play here, and then the players don't go on social media and the bullying accusations aren't able to get edge and they aren't granted.
Speaker 8: Maybe maybe they did want him to stay there. Maybe they did want it and they did give it a chance in the last couple of weeks is like.
Speaker 4: And the other.
Speaker 2: The other point is as well, a lots of fun. He's back after the buy as well, a guy that you know. All reports are is that you know Jerame may want to play with him long term as well. So he comes into the situation where he's been injured with over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: So he comes back now.
Speaker 2: So the real prospect of Galvin plaining reserve grade after the buy would have been a real possibility again, and that just would have inflamed the situation even further.
Speaker 1: A good point that you make, then, Hoops, what about the signing of didn't have anything to do with this quick turn from Galvin and wanting to leave.
Speaker 7: I think there's no doubt in the fullness of time. So if you go back, the Tigers went and made the big play over the off season ended twenty twenty four, right, and they needed to because they desperately needed a Marquis signature. They needed a big name and they were coming off a couple of wooden spoons. They signed Jerome. That's all fine. Then Lockey debuts and has a breakout season for the club. His Rookie of the Year for the West Tigers was in great form. But then when Jerome arrives I think that's definitely unsettled Lockee because up until that point he'd burned the golden Boy. Benji had put immense time into him. You could definitely say that he was a favorite of benjis if you go back to when Bateman left the club, John Bateman, that was a blow up because he had accused Benji of treating the senior players like kids and the kids like senior players, and Lockie was very a central figure to that. So I think once Jerome arrived that Luckie definitely wasn't feeling the love as much.
Speaker 2: Have you heard anything there, Mick, No, I think Hoops has nared it from the entirety of the fact that you know, and they're different style of players.
Speaker 3: A Locke it likes to touch the ball a lot.
Speaker 2: For a number six, right, and Jerome initially was happy to take a back seat a little bit. But as they sort of their attackle wasn't clicking. You know, people wanted to see Jerome get his hands on the board a bit more as well. So yeah, that combination just hasn't.
Speaker 8: Worked all right.
Speaker 1: Despite Phil Gilds denials, Bulldos coach Cavin Serado was a little less convincing when quized on Galvin today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think I've addressed this before, and Gus has addressed it. But I only heard the latest updates just as I walked into this, So it's not something without time to comprehend or talk about.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 9: That's another great question. But honestly or right now, we're just worried about tomorrow and night. We want to put in a really good performance to finish off his first half of the season. Then we've got eight en days before our next game to think about where we can get better and what we can do. And I'm sure I have those conversations in the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, very interesting. Serroudo softens his stance. He's Gus going to backtrack, He's this is interesting.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've had everything I had.
Speaker 1: To say about this a couple of weeks ago. None of that has changed from my end. So do you think the dogs are into it?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't spoken at the club about it.
Speaker 8: I've tried to.
Speaker 1: I've got zero in return, which makes me think even more so.
Speaker 8: You know, I really think they're in the hunt for him.
Speaker 1: I think if they weren't, they would have Serrouto would have shut that down. And there's a number of other reasons. I think that they're in the hunt for him. And I've said that all of that. What do you guys think.
Speaker 7: Well, you're close to the bulldog's breath because you played there on a premiership there, you're hearing crickets from there, crickets at this point about.
Speaker 8: Every time on this show.
Speaker 1: I know they watch this show every night, and if ever we get something wrong or it's just not on the mark, I'm told about it swiftly.
Speaker 7: I think the look on Cameron Serraldo's face there and the way that he answered the questions that tells a thousand words, Like, clearly they're in the mix and they are going to have a crack for this kid. Whether or not they can execute it at this stage not sure, but I would have them as short priced favorites over the Paramatter or else at this point in time.
Speaker 3: I don't think your phone's going to ring tonight, Brath. I'm seriously.
Speaker 2: I think that all indications are that in the background, the Bulldogs have been working towards this, and you know it would be a bit of a blow because Paramatter want him, no doubt Paramatter, you know they'd love to see him back at the club that combination with Mitch Moses Dylan Brown going, They've got significant cap space that they don't have to make room four. You know, it would make sense from all those angles that they can just lot him in there. What they would do with him this year would be interesting. But as for the Bulldogs to parachute him in with a Matt Burton combination, it would be two big bodies playing in the halves.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to think all even though I think he's a fair chance or a big chance of going there, where does he fit in and.
Speaker 8: What position does he play?
Speaker 1: And does he disrupt this season if he goes effective immediately? Where does it least some of the players that they've already got there.
Speaker 6: And he's not experienced enough to run the dogs, So he'd come in for Toby Sexton, Right, that's the one that they're sort of hanging out to dry at the moment.
Speaker 5: So who runs the side?
Speaker 1: This is my point, Like, can you imagine the uproar? Now they are flying? The dogs are coming first. They are a brotherhood. You know, every player is doing their job.
Speaker 5: They're all on the bus.
Speaker 1: They are all on the bus and you've got this young star coming who's left the Tigers on the bad terms, and you have to drop one of your players who could possibly win a premiership this year to let Galvin come in. I can't imagine it. I can't imagine it, but it's a possibility. I mean, I think if he did come in, they wouldn't play him in first grade straight away? Is he willing to go back to reserve grade for a few weeks? Where would you play? Do you play him off the bench but then Bailey Hayward loses his spot? Do you put him straight the seven? That will never happen? Sex and doing such an amazing job. He needs to earn the right too, right and the Bulldogs are big on.
Speaker 8: Character, they're big on values.
Speaker 1: That's what surprises me a little bit with all this too. That's that's the standards that they uphold. That's what they're that Kevin Serato has been building for a long period of time and the players have bought in. You know, he needs to learn that, he needs he needs to earn his stripes. It's fascinating if he goes there, what happens, what do they do with him?
Speaker 2: Because it is fascinating that the layer of the pre June thirty thing is what has caused this because if it was at the end of the season where you can understand Toby sexans off contract and it works.
Speaker 1: I think the Bulldogs I'll let you finish me, but I think they prefer to get him next year.
Speaker 2: I think Paramattam might be the same as well, break because of where do they slaught him in, you know, because of Dylan Brown. Dylan Brown's leaving, but what do they put him in in the short because Dylan Walker is doing such a good job as at fourteen or off the bench as well.
Speaker 3: So I think both those clubs.
Speaker 2: But you're right, particularly the Bulldogs because they're flying at the moment and you don't want to upset. But do you think long term you're the burden Gavin combination?
Speaker 3: Could that work?
Speaker 1: I just think the Bulldogs are so systematic in the way that they play that every player has a certain role at which they have been executing at a premium, like they don't let each other down. They do their job, and their jobs are quite simple. You know, even Sexton's do it agree? You know, he gets them to the right points on the field, he runs at the right times, He passes at the right time. He's got a beautiful little kicking game and I can see Galvin doing that. I mean I can, but Gus has always said they need to want to change his game. Well, that's the thing, right and easy, the type of person personality player that he's willing to go into that club and forgive.
Speaker 5: The players are half back these days.
Speaker 6: Your egos in your pocket because it's what the team needs, it's not what you want. And I think when you get them like out at six, you can have a bit more freedom, you can put your little spin on the plane. You saw that with Ezra Man because it can become a bit more individual out there. But if you're the seven, it's team orientated there. That's what he's going.
Speaker 5: To need to do.
Speaker 7: And from the time that this story initially surfaced, let's go back, I think it was two and a half three months ago. The first columns Lockeye wasn't quieted, but there were columns about the fact that Lockie's next decision was going to be all about coaching, wasn't going to be about money. It was going to be what was going to improve his football development the most. And if you look at all the available options that are on the board at the moment. You'd have to think what Cameron Serraldo has been able to do it Canterbury and the fact that he's mentor Luke Veller is an assistant.
Speaker 6: But the Great Judge said that he looks more like a thirteen moving forward.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what the Tiger's probably always a ear marking for until he burst onto the season. Did go to improve his defense before is definitely defend in the middle of the.
Speaker 1: Can learn that the dogs. Let's just wrap it with this. You're not knocking him back if begin him at the right price, if you're any.
Speaker 2: Club, if you're a top four side, and you can paratry it someone in like Lucky Gower, because who knows what can happen in terms of injuries, isn't it like?
Speaker 3: But it is all about team dynamic and that's will be the test.
Speaker 1: It's going to be about how whoever gets him manages him, the situation, the club, the team. That's what it's all about. Now, let's move on, get the popcorn out.
Speaker 5: Actually, over the.
Speaker 8: Next few weeks this is going to be very interesting.
Speaker 1: Lebronco is in damage control really over the rees Walsh, I shouldn't laugh Walsh video.
Speaker 8: A lot of people taking this very seriously and thought it was not good. You can probably.
Speaker 1: Social media get noise of how I feel about this.
Speaker 8: By the way, I just delivered that.
Speaker 1: But what do you guys think of this incident with Reese Walsh?
Speaker 6: Aren't they best mates at a birthday party? Doing it for TikTok storm.
Speaker 4: At a teacup?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 7: I think he's only got the big sixteen ounce gloves on. That's his best mate as well.
Speaker 4: He does get him.
Speaker 7: Flush in the indra will say that, but yeah, on in the background, what was that most Friday night?
Speaker 4: So I didn't think there was too much And I think we've all.
Speaker 8: Done worse than this. Let's be honest.
Speaker 6: Now, I think we haven't posted it and they're I'm not worried about about it.
Speaker 5: They're consistent.
Speaker 3: What should happened to him?
Speaker 5: They're not doing anything to you.
Speaker 4: But what I was surprised runs that club.
Speaker 1: What I was surprised was that the club was really upset about it and on the front foot about it and not happy with it. And normally with a situation like this, they defend the player and they come out and say you know what you know, slap on the wrist.
Speaker 8: We don't like it. Not a good look, but really is it the end of the world? But they were quite staunch on their reaction.
Speaker 7: I think they've had to be break off the back of the part of ways with Marty tip out last week for liking an Instagram post, so already waited in the.
Speaker 8: Did he really get sacked for life?
Speaker 3: He didn't get sacked.
Speaker 2: He gave him his money, he got didn't died.
Speaker 3: He didn't get sacked, get sacked over that?
Speaker 7: He got booted out the door right because he.
Speaker 2: He wasn't playing first grade, had fallen out of favor. I get all that right. They gave him his money and left the club. He's not sacked. But break is asking you're asking if that did he get sacked because of that Instagram?
Speaker 3: He obviously didn't it this way?
Speaker 6: Will they throw you out the door or they asked you to leave until you You've had.
Speaker 3: To get all that right, But breath, what was your question?
Speaker 5: Still kicked out? Was he forced out?
Speaker 4: Was he forced out for liking an Instagram?
Speaker 1: But there were a lot of other factors, right, like, you know, everyone's gone mad over this, and and just saying, oh, he's liked an Instagram posts. He's been sacked, right, But there would have been a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes. There's obviously been a relationship that's been fractured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they haven't come out and spoke about.
Speaker 6: It's a bit like the tailor made playing for the New South Wales saying that he's missing tackles the game against the albums he mystery tackles on the weekend. He made sixty three with no misses. So they've got to come up with another excuse. He's not in there because he made the post. Right, just come out and say this is what's happening and then we move move on. But if they leave it there and there's gray areas, we just dig for the gray area. Don't we to look black and white for the fans? Got what are you smiling that?
Speaker 8: What are you going to know if you got sacked for.
Speaker 1: Punching his Seriously, Bronco's legend accuses players of lacking spirit.
Speaker 8: This must hurt.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at this now, wats out good? They are lacking team spirit at the moment. It's hard for the coaching staff or anyone outside of the Plane group.
Speaker 8: It's a tough one for Michael McGuire to answer because just seeing them against.
Speaker 1: The Dragons, they aren't as competitive as I've seen them.
Speaker 8: They just seem to have lost that competitive edge.
Speaker 1: Now, that's that's a dagg out coming from one of the grades, if not V grade Alfi Lana.
Speaker 6: Elf doesn't like confrontation, he doesn't like talking about the club. He's made a point because he loves it so much. So that's really strong from Alfie and sitting there watching them on the weekend, and alf was the one that really built their club. So they are disjoined. It doesn't look like that they're playing together. They're playing in patches, they're all having good moments.
Speaker 5: Break why the play why?
Speaker 6: Well, that's something that you've got to be in the four walls and ask them like why aren't they all together? Why aren't they as connected and why aren't you know they digging in and they got this new coach because that's what they're going to do, but they don't seem to be doing it. And that's the million. That's what the coaching staff and the senior players have to find out.
Speaker 5: Generally, when you're in an organization.
Speaker 7: I like imagine you can't flup winning premierships, and you can't flute winning Origin Series or specific Nations championships.
Speaker 4: Like you did with the Kuwis.
Speaker 7: But there's a lot of noise coming out of the Broncos at the moment, and there's a lot of un rest amongst the playing group. And the only way that he's going to fix it is by winning games, because otherwise I do think it has got the potential to really implode, because you know, watching the Broncos play up there in Brazil on Sunday, Gordi, there were stages of the game where they genuinely did look quite fatigued, and that's been a criticism that has followed Madge plenty of places on all for players training hard, you have to, you Blake's know, to be at the absolute pinnacle of the elite.
Speaker 1: I think more mentally fatigued well, but then physically.
Speaker 4: Okay with each other.
Speaker 1: They can concipe with each other's I not like disagreeing or trying to shut it down. They just looked deer in the headlights a little, you know, like whenever they needed a certain moment or to come up with a certain play or more energy or like they just.
Speaker 8: Look stone faced.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't.
Speaker 1: You just saw our Fi and Reno, you know, having a laugh about it at all they are And yeah, that's on the field. You don't see any that. Like you haven't seen him smile barely, you know, like.
Speaker 5: You are allowed to enjoy it.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 5: You have to enjoy the sport. You have to the game.
Speaker 6: You work hard, but you know you've got to really enjoy what you do. And all the great size they sort of have a smile on the face, like the dog. They enjoy working really hard for each other. You watch the Raiders really enjoy going to the context Brisbane. It's likely to chore for them at the moment. I think that they do. It's like there's a price on it.
Speaker 8: You mention the noise hoops, it is the noise all around.
Speaker 1: The players, towards the coach or towards the club.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bit of both.
Speaker 7: I mean, the people, the decision makers up the top are ultimately going to be accountable because they're the ones who decided to sack Keavy Walters and they brought Madge because they thought they needed to steal your edge and they need a better discipline around the place. Whether that's come to fruitional or not remains to be seen, but certainly from all I've heard amongst the players, there are rumblings that it isn't an entirely happy camp at the moment, are there it's not, But I think given their roster, it's a damn good roster. To me, that's a premiership winning roster. And I'm surprised. After the way they started the season and the way they beat the Bulldogs and the way they beat the Roosters, I thought they were clear signs they were going to be a top four team. Now with the way it's unfolded, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 5: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: The reason or a part of the reason around Kevy getting sacked was the club doing a player review.
Speaker 5: That was reverse engineered.
Speaker 6: The club didn't want to make the decision, and the players are dirty.
Speaker 3: About that for being blamed that.
Speaker 6: The players, the players that I spoke are dirty that they got blamed for it. The club should have come out and owned that decision. The club should have come out. They shouldn't have put that on the players, explained, and I think that's unfair to put that on the players.
Speaker 5: There was no meeting. They weren't sitting around.
Speaker 6: They're not face to face, you know, And that's the coach's job, right.
Speaker 5: Do you know Wayne Bennett got asked too?
Speaker 6: The review goes, I do the review here, right, and he goes and talks to the players and they have a chat and how I fixing, And that's how you get the job done. That's what That's what men generally do, right, Winners, winners getting groups and.
Speaker 5: They talk about it and losers.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they do, right, but meetings, Yeah, well I don't know. I don't know, but you know, I mean, and that's and that's probably what didn't have. But like I know that that's something that's come out that the players didn't want to be taking the brunt off, losing their cage, right because up there Wayne Bennett wasn't good enough Sea but wasn't good enough, and the players sort of kept on getting blamed and they're probably thinking, hey, it's not all us here, right, And then now they got blamed for this coach and no one can hate Kevin. And then now Madge, the poor bugger, he's walked in to a ship fight, really and he's pushing it.
Speaker 4: Up looked all right round one, but it has very cleck.
Speaker 6: It's a trial, yeah, and then how good are the ruses gone? And then the ruses within five weeks or whatever turned it around all right.
Speaker 1: Caylen Ponger was front and center at Moraine's training today, taking questions on the nights and whether he's a chance of defecting to the kiwis.
Speaker 7: It's pretty down the dumpster and fancy how good have then comoders?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been tough. It's been tough at Clubland. You know, we're working hard there.
Speaker 6: When I come into his camps, it's a different feel and hopefully they can take some things back to the Clubland.
Speaker 3: Basically one thing up.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of talk about you wanting to play for the museum and maybe asking if you could.
Speaker 5: What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 4: I can tell you that I'm not thinking about that right now.
Speaker 7: I can tell you that I'm I'm looking forward to this week being in the Morones camp, you know, an exciting week and my my energy is here.
Speaker 1: They came upon the're refusing to rule out the switch to New Zealand and you know, right, so he's focused on the Maroons this week, so he should journalist.
Speaker 8: And so he should be but he still didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't deny it, did it?
Speaker 2: Because the door has been opened for him now to play for the key. He's off the back of A. J. Brimson been allowed a couple of weeks ago to switch from Australia to England because I let him do it.
Speaker 3: I let him do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under the rules he can play for the Kiwis now he has because so this has all changed now, Yeah, because what happened was a couple of The big reason he wasn't allowed to switch was because he played in that World Nines a couple of years ago, right, so did AJ Brimson AJ Brimson's eligibility. He fronted the panel and put a submission to the panel, and the panel rule that the World Nines doesn't count because at that time it was supposed to be a circuit and a big, a bigger sort of competition.
Speaker 6: But it makes more sense why he pulled out at the end of last year.
Speaker 2: So now if he wants to, he can play for the Kiwis based on what's happened with A. J.
Speaker 3: Brimson.
Speaker 7: I'd forgotten about that that's right. That was highly controversial. Out he wasn't injured because of he said he wanted to put Newcastle's premiership aspirations ahead of playing for Australia, which at the moment you'd have to say and no where fast.
Speaker 4: So it hasn't quite worked out.
Speaker 8: You never know. That's not happening.
Speaker 1: Is it the Kiwi's or is it the All Blacks?
Speaker 2: Well, in terms of what the Knights would be more fearful obviously, Well, that don't mind.
Speaker 3: If he plays for the Kiwis. He can represent the Keywis.
Speaker 8: Up in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: The rugby union. Yeah, well that's what they do.
Speaker 5: I don't have the money rugby union. They lost nineteen million dollars.
Speaker 8: Money's healing round.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, Well when Brad Daorne went there, you go there for less. Okay, right, that's not.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, okay, he said the Wallase they've got to play overs. But when you play for the All Blacks it's the Jersey Man. So he's not going to go there on more money than what he's he's.
Speaker 3: The highest paid player in the NRL.
Speaker 6: You'd have to go play in Japan or go play in Europe and go play, but they want you in their system.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what do we think? Is he going to go to rugby Union's he going to play for the Kiwis? Is he going to play for Australia?
Speaker 8: What do we think?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to play for Australia. Okay, I don't think you'll play for Australia. The door is opened. But he did you play Keywis?
Speaker 3: Well, he has to give up playing for Queensland and he loves playing for Queensland. So whether or not he will.
Speaker 2: Give up that, because that's all happen, he won't be able to play for Queensland, right, So you know at the end of this Origin series, if he brains it, if he wins it, who knows. You know, it's hard to get into the head of kleem Ponger. But he loves playing for Queensland and if you had a choice at the international level, I'd rather play for the Kiwis than the Kangaroos.
Speaker 8: All right, Jenna is your key player matchup?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: Thanks to Ossie Broadband. Who is it? This weekend?
Speaker 7: I'm on the Sunday game between the Warriors and the Raiders, both flowing up the top of the table and it's the half back Sluke Metcalf. What a breakout season he has had as a playmaker. Up against the experienced Jamal Foxx.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Battle of the number ones for mine is Iyongie up against Tom Travoievitch Tommy obviously off the back of not playing Origin, not being picked for Origin, his fitness and he's young. He's gone really well for the paramatta els.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you Mit, outstanding tonight you too. Hoops great as always. This Sunday at nine point thirty pm the f one hit one a Ossie Oscar Piastre. He looks to go further in the championship race and you can catch.
Speaker 8: All the action live on fox Boards. Five Oceans