Speaker 1: Guys stop off the ladder.
Speaker 2: Yes, the whore Yeah, cool morning.
Speaker 1: Nick the Wizard Watson joining us as we go five from five this weekend?
Speaker 3: Who's going to beat them?
Speaker 2: You had a week as everyone had a week off. I was like, how are you top of the latter if you've had a week off?
Speaker 4: Because team had a week because they played opening round. So everyone's catching up now that's why. Yeah, all that opening rounds is to be cooked?
Speaker 1: Is what did you do the feed up last weekend? You had the weekend off quite one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we train all week this week so it was back into it, which is good.
Speaker 2: What do you do in your downtown like you're gamer?
Speaker 3: Gamer?
Speaker 2: Like gold gamer? What's the games are we playing.
Speaker 3: At the moment? Fortnite? Yeah, Fortnight's back a bit of two K as well, but now I don't really do much. I'm it's an NBA NBA two K yeah, two kids.
Speaker 1: Cal you're packing the PlayStation for the other round, definitely.
Speaker 2: Am So you're the designated PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Guinea or Guinea bring the place?
Speaker 2: Does it get heated?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It does because I imagine like twenty four blokes, you're a very competitive in nature.
Speaker 3: That I remember in Tazzi. I had the PlayStation in my room. The door was open and we had a little food area like all the way other end of the hole, and I went to go get some food in their all playing PlayStation. I was at the other end of the hole. Could still hear him yelling and smashing.
Speaker 1: Screaming, you're not in our hotel.
Speaker 2: That you see the door open? What you think our hotels better than.
Speaker 4: There's no clash splash. It's going to be it's going to be a big weekend. Now your Hawks Playport adelaide As.
Speaker 3: I say, unbeaten.
Speaker 4: But there's a little bit of spice to this match, namely Ken Hinckley. Just for those who might not know, Ken Hinckley got stuck into the Hawthorn Boys in the final, the coach of the power got stuck into the Hawks last year when they when the Hawks lost, did the plane gesture flying back to Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is saying good luck on your flight?
Speaker 4: I mean, does it sit in your gut?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, you can't say it doesn't sit in your gut. Obviously, it was a tough loss last year and we sort of we sort of try and put past it. But it's sort of sits in your gut no matter what. And I think our boys will come out Revan and so were they in front of their home crowd. They've had a tough start, but yeah they will be They're good side, so they will come out hot and I think it will be a very good game.
Speaker 1: Because there been any discussion, any discussion amongst the lads about some sort of gesture at the end of the match if you win.
Speaker 3: That actually hasn't but who knows.
Speaker 1: I would love to see the.
Speaker 3: Success is the losses there last year and it was by within a goal, so I think we just want to get the win and then we'll carry on.
Speaker 2: Probably question as a non Adelaide team, is it terrifying playing in Adelaidegainst Adelaide or Port Adelaide because their fans are like hardcore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely different. Their fans are very, yeah, outgoing and they love to get on top of when they win, but when they're losing they're a bit quiet. But yeah, when they win to Port Adelaide fans, yeah, but you don't know what they say. They're just forty at ya. So yeah, and it's just when you go there it's mainly just poort Adelaide, so they Yeah, they're definitely getting.
Speaker 1: About getting in and out of the team bus. Feel safe.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's all safe.
Speaker 1: I think remember the state of origin in Queensland when the team busses used to drive down Caxton Street, they just stopped doing it because the punchs were coming out of the pubs and rocking the bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Queensland, queens.
Speaker 4: Just I don't want to harp on it, but just one more on the spice because I love it. Do you think I reckon footy's missing that drama? You know that the real true characters. Do you love it? Because because I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: I reckon it's good for the game. And yeah, definitely I love a bit of spice to the game as well. And this week we'll definitely have that. I don't want to say too much so I don't to end up on the front of something, so I'm not trying to walk. Yeah, I'll just I love that side of things, and I think most of us boys do as well. And we'll be off four this week and we know it'll be tough in front of their crowd, but we'll give it our best.
Speaker 2: If there was like a drive to Survive style reality TV show in the AFL, Like behind the scenes of the Hawks, Who do you think would get the most airtime? Like who's the biggest is there? Have you a big show pony at the club or the person who likes being the center of attention the most.
Speaker 3: Econ of McDonald definitely loves the he's the camera and he's right there, so he loves it. But yeah, there's a few boys. There's a few of them. There's a bit of young care that just love getting in front of the camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been worried about having your family in the dressing room afterwards? When they do like roaming Brian and he just roams up to some of the parents, I always think it. God, if I was in there, go.
Speaker 2: To mind dad.
Speaker 3: He was after the win against Carlton Neils roaming around and I quickly got out there and told my parents just to get to the back.
Speaker 2: Have they ever been on roaming Brian rather? Haven't imagine he would frof This could be the weekend. Are you going to Adelaide?
Speaker 3: My parents are so avoiding that they were in Adelaide put out the.
Speaker 2: Last year and last year at gather around, Clint said he could get us down into the change rooms to go and say hi to some of his friends who played football, and when we got there, will firmly deny.
Speaker 3: Then it's very.
Speaker 1: You were screaming my dad works in there.
Speaker 2: Did he hit you up for a bu car five after the game?
Speaker 3: Oh he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Still, Nick, can you throw Clinton on the door so we can pop down and say do you.
Speaker 3: Want to be in the Hawks change rooms or you as well?
Speaker 4: Aren't?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, of course. Can you just shake the football players walking around in short shorts?
Speaker 1: Why not just say yes and not to so I'd love to see two years in a row back. We're on the air with Nick the Wizard Watson this morning from Hawthorne. Were going to take a but more coming up. We want to talk about what he's doing later on today.
Speaker 2: No, if you love him now, yeah, you love him even more.
Speaker 1: In a few moments we are joined by Nick the Wizard Watson from the Hawks and we are talking gather around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got the power on Sunday, which would be a big match, but that we know will day. Can I ask you about your teammate he's what out for four months. This is a real savage blowpoor blow four months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is heartbreaker to the group and he was in career best forms. So thoughts to him and I'm sure you'd be back.
Speaker 2: What's happened a foot injury?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's just gone for obviously he's had history with his foot and he's gone for rescan and had a little couple of niggles, but he didn't think it was going to be this bad and went for surgery a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 2: So that's that must be so hot, like as an elite athlete, especially something I mean, any injury just happens in the flash of night. I blink and I right. How do you guys go managing like the mental health aspect of that when you're in career best form and all of a sudden that's whipped from you. A Wholethorne good with helping you through things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're elite. I'm sure every club is with the mental health side. It's picked up in the last couple of years, so I'm sure there'll be a lot of people at the Hawthorne Football Club with him and yeah, they'll they'll be every step of the way with him, and it's a hard time for him as he's still pretty young as well, so so yeah, they'll be.
Speaker 1: He's better off taking the gap now though. Yeah, and then coming back.
Speaker 4: Especially it's flying unbeaten on top of the table exactly.
Speaker 1: So how's this going right?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty years old?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 1: And the team top of the ladder at the moment, still single lad still single yet. And just to make him even hotter, what's he doing today? He's helping out with the greyhound adoption program. What are you getting up to a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, heading out to Tylermarine to go to the Greyhound adoption center and help him out there and promote their greyhounds.
Speaker 1: And we're going to see like a photo of your shirtles covering.
Speaker 2: These are eggs racing dogs that have been rescued and the people can adopt them. Yeah, are such beautiful dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I grew up with a greyhound. Funny enough. Yeah, they're very relaxed. They sleep a lot and.
Speaker 2: I've heard they sleep like ninety percent of their lives also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're very relaxed dogs. And yeah, you're going to promote it today.
Speaker 2: Good, do you have a pet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Well, my parents do. I don't what do you go? We have a greayhound, so you still have the greyhound. Tricksy Tricksy, Yeah, getting old now, but she's been very relaxed at Can you let Tricksy off the leash? Or is that a bit dangerous now? You could early on days. Maybe not in a park because she gets a rabbit and rabbit when.
Speaker 1: You were kids, you wouldn't run in front of her with a jumper on or anything take off.
Speaker 3: She'd be going for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dogs, Good on you for doing that.
Speaker 3: Cute, it's good. Should be good.
Speaker 1: Make good luck for the weekend. I don't want to put pressure on you guys, but I hope you get the win purely for what happened last year.
Speaker 4: See the celebration. So do I Wizard kicks one like.
Speaker 2: You're nice about it? Right up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the entire team just running around.
Speaker 2: Definitely stick it up and exactly.
Speaker 1: Right, grubby port supporter, Yes, stick it.
Speaker 4: Up and if you do the aeroplane, you will not be welcomed back.
Speaker 2: Before we get Yeah, he's easy to you.
Speaker 1: Can have his car park. Nick the Wizard Watson join us on the air this morning.
Speaker 2: He's a little sad, but don't try and be cute, good like on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you,