Speaker 1: This is five double a football. We're going to head to the rooms there, roll we because one of the players that put in a great performance today is Billy Dowling. He's been good enough to join us. Billy, he was a tough old night for footy, but you've got the four points. He got better as the game went on. Congratulations. What's the over riding emotion after that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thanks you, I appreciate It's obviously a special feeling for the group. We probably haven't had too many of those in an underslod games throughout the year, so it's great to have an experience with that for the boys, and to cap it off with a win is always awesome.
Speaker 3: So Billy camp I have you. Congratulations and well done on your start of your career. You've sort of slotted into that wing half forward role really well. What was the conversation at quarter a time because Saint Kilder were probably on top in those key areas and after that outstanding really by you guys, and that's probably why he got over the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks mate. Yeah, we obviously discussed that. You know, we probably won't win in the contestant foot as much as we would have liked and they're obviously in an under and keeping us quite honest as a club. So yeah, I was just getting in under and you know, it was up tossed if we wanted to win the game today because it was one around the contest, So we just went back to the fundamentals, being clean, hard at it, hard to play against. So proud of the boys to be able to achieve that throughout the last three quarters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we always I guess we highlight the leaders and lead and DAWs and were great again tonight. But it was great to see yourself Nan Curvis again. Zach Taylor. I thought he was stepped up again tonight. It was great to see him get a full game, and we loved the job that Hugh bond did on young Higgins.
Speaker 2: Absolutely obviously his special night for Bondie and the club, and he was unbelievable. I mean to take out one of the games great forwards in the minutes obviously something testament to him and he's been slogging away and dominating a soundful level. So to see him get his opportunity and take it's awesome.
Speaker 3: For the club and a bit of a highlight. Big Riley down there with the bid. He looked angry, he looked part of the thing, and he's out still running two hundreds at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's seen our good has been over the preseason and obviously had a rough time with the injury, but you know, he's one of the hardest workers of the club and he's put on so much size and muscle and he's looking as good as ever. So Wow, it's going to be scary when he comes out and gets full game and good run at it.
Speaker 3: And I love the fact that probably in that third quarter, you know, Jake Saligo had twelve possessions and lock your Show had ten and and kicked the goal. They were pivotal in terms of turning the game really in those tough conditions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and to you know, the young boys step up and the game are you know, I was in there for the balance and out the time three quarter was there to be one for you to side. So to have those boys step up and take that moment was really special for us. And you're right at home with the boys, and everyone jumped on board in the last couple of halves, and you know, we worked hard to finish it off and you know it's your here with the four points is obviously the main thing, and you know very grateful for that.
Speaker 1: Well, Billy, you belong.
Speaker 4: There's no question about that. The more you play, the better you'll get. And we've seen that just in the three or four games you played. Talk us through the goal at the cathedral in you open them up with your right hand and later it over your book. Talk us through that nice goal.
Speaker 2: Ye I, reckon andiebout you used to do it, used to line it up with a goal, and I just started doing that training and then have an opportunity. I just sort of go through the routine and get the laces in line with the goal, and sure enough I went through, which is pretty lucky. So I'll take it.
Speaker 4: And did you think it all about like just kicking a drop pund or your knew straight away you've rehearsed that, you practice that you thought you'd lay it over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, always thought I was going to snap it. I think when it comes on home like that, you have to be ready to know what to do. So we trained it throughout the week and then you get comfort in the moment and you know there's no sort of second guessing when you're there. So yeah, I was definitely always going to go for the snap.
Speaker 4: Can I get back to the cube. I'm not just going on Higgins, he wore himlocking love. I just want you to have a look around the rooms and make sure he's still there because we think, you what in the Saint Kilder room sharing with Higgins.
Speaker 2: He didn't give him an into an agent, did he. You know, that's why he came to respect for him today and to come out and do that obviously a step above from the Sandford level. So for him to do that, it's just testing it to him and wow, he's an absolute animal at the footage and he just loves he's doing so Yeah, kulbe Haber as a club to see that up in a very special moment. Yea.
Speaker 4: And the third part of the players that have played less than ten is Zach Taylor. He's got some beautiful sideway moving in traffic. He seems to have time and space and movement. It's going to be good from now to the end of the year to see players get back in by the coaching group because it does give the other blokes a bit of a lift.
Speaker 1: You feel that as.
Speaker 2: Well, absolutely, we've got some really clean players in the Zach Soley, Lady, all those boys. And to learn off players like DAWs and Lady, especially for us younger boys, it's really important. And you know, to see Solely and Zack and the midfield. Just taking the craft of them and learn from them was awesome for us. So figured outing today for the young boys, especially throughout that midfield, which was great.
Speaker 1: Or Billy, it was a fantastic You're sixth of the season. You're up to fourteenth after that result. Recover well, Essendon Friday night game. It's always nice to play Friday night primetime.
Speaker 4: You're looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's always awesome to me primetime. So now we'll recover and get out and then all's going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bombers went down tonight, so they'll be looking a bounce back. Seventeen points. Congratulations, enjoy the win.
Speaker 2: I appreciate thanks haarming.
Speaker 1: On really Dowling there joining us from the rooms. Yeah, if you just joined us. It was the Crows by thirty two points and across the MCG Melbourne by seventeen points. Campo, get your awards ready. We'll take a short break and then we'll get through all of them and will wrap up here from Adelaide Ival. This is five double a football