Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Melbourn Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Be great.
Speaker 1: This is Jason Lauren men Nogel one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody. It is a minute past six. Welcome you Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Melbourne Morning Team, Good morning. It's really Thereday, the long Weekend, Happy Friday eight. I know it's Wednesday, but it's Friday.
Speaker 2: How about we call it weekend EP.
Speaker 4: Happy long weekend, Happy long happy Eve. It's a double long weekend, everybody.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I'll put in a good mood. Yeah. After seven o'clock this morning, we are finding and tasting Melbourne's best top cross.
Speaker 3: But I know it's about time.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Look, this is controversial because sometimes I like the classics supermarket version, Baker's Delight version, but we're going bakery version.
Speaker 2: Bougie bakeries across Melbourne. Right. Yeah, We've had a lot of suggestions come through on the socials.
Speaker 1: Because Lauren's right. I mean sometimes apparently the you can't go past the Aldi they car carrocate.
Speaker 3: One that goes in the creative.
Speaker 4: There's also Mint Slice, there's Dorito's hoot Cross Funds.
Speaker 3: You know, what keep it classic, even nice, keep it tight.
Speaker 2: Feel light came on for me on the way to work this morning.
Speaker 3: So the fuel brasses are going to drop, but not for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: It takes a couple of well maybe a couple of weeks for the excise to actually flow through. I don't know how a wild how.
Speaker 4: Is that because the gas like the petrol stations have boarded at a premium.
Speaker 3: To sell out of what they've got before they then they read.
Speaker 2: I saw a tanker pulling into a servo yesterday, and I'm like, bloody, we're not far from having police escorts on those things.
Speaker 3: I reckon there's going to be a heist.
Speaker 2: You never know, really, petrol Hush, he did like you did have an aura about him. The way he was driving.
Speaker 3: It was look like smuggle into your backyard.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, no good call. What else is going on?
Speaker 4: You're right this morning, you've got your little paws up, you got your little pause.
Speaker 2: Late night, late night, I was doing like housey stuff. What do you call it? Life admin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on your laptop. You told me he walked in here.
Speaker 2: I didn't shut my laptop until nine thirty.
Speaker 3: What were you doing on your laptop.
Speaker 2: Life admin life and a bit of only fans.
Speaker 3: No what we're doing on your laptop till midnight?
Speaker 2: Admin? Like I had to pay bills till midnight, not midnight, like till nine thirty.
Speaker 6: Experience here at ten thirty creates.
Speaker 3: To leave it to last minute content. Kids at school yesterday? Are you creating content? Were you influencing?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 3: What were you influencing about?
Speaker 1: Stay tuned? It'll hit the gram today.
Speaker 3: Willet when we go in light? Have you scheduled your real I was sitting there everything nas dissolved.
Speaker 2: It's a bloody video last night about the Forward Raptor, and I'm like laugh and influence is quite hard. I don't think I can do this.
Speaker 4: I'll just say it now. He drives a big orange Forward Raptor. You can't miss it?
Speaker 2: Done you.
Speaker 1: And E loves for a collab?
Speaker 3: Does she drive it?
Speaker 4: She can't drive Rauptor. She's grasshopper. I give her a bas I don't think she's tall enough to drive Rauptor. She'd be a Brina girl.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Though?
Speaker 3: It's hard work being an influencer. I know people hang it on. It's a lot of work like. I've got some friends who are boardline professional social media influencers. Some have other jobs and some are full time. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: I can imagine they constantly I do.
Speaker 2: I needed someone to film something yesterday, so I waited for my twelve year old son to come home from high school.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, feeling you didn't get the tripod out I cood.
Speaker 2: From a selfie stick. I said, Felix, you got to come with me up to the car park. And he was still in his school uniform and he died. He's like, this is so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: God, he's a boy.
Speaker 1: She did in school car park.
Speaker 3: He's a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: No, not his school a different one, a different Give your kids a break, did you, pat Did they get a cut of your influencing?
Speaker 2: No, but they got to drive in the car they drove this.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's going from bad to worse for Ford Raptor.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. Good morning, Melbourne, Happy weekend, Eve. This is over, This is over one hundred. We're on the air. Thanks so mate to Shell already express and coming up this morning. Your chance to when you way to gather around the twenty twenty six AFL gather around. It's a festival of footing in South Australia from April nine to twelve. You can lad up the crew and hit the road with Toyota plan your journey at Gatheround dot AFL when you hear the footy siren. Yes, it'll be sometime this morning. Give us a ring and a trip for you in three mates, he's coming.
Speaker 1: Your hot tickets those once. Also speaking of tickets, Oh my god, so today, Lauren is the first day that tickets become available for the NFL Clash September people going.
Speaker 3: There's like one hundred and twenty people on the wait list. Isn't that one hundred twenty thousand? Oh sorry, one hundred and twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: It's really probably MCC members get first DIBs. So at tickets quick recap. This is a NFL match forty nine ers September eleven.
Speaker 2: Yep, and it's counted as an in season game for the Americans.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also right smack bang in the middle of the AFL finals as well.
Speaker 2: The ground crew that g g G will be.
Speaker 4: Busy, it'll they'll play and well, is there a chance will excuse me AFL game that night?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have to be then maybe interstate or somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it. They're going to have to schedule it and.
Speaker 3: Then they will repaint the field for the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll turn around twenty I reckon.
Speaker 1: They could probably because it's a is that I think it might be Friday night. Yeah, so they'll I'll probably do a Saturday night and a Sunday if they need to.
Speaker 3: Use the Friday morning NFL Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game called ten thirty am start.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the people drinking all day because we went to the Super Bowl, right, imagine if we had another ten hours of partying after the.
Speaker 1: Way it's a long match, four hours.
Speaker 3: That would not be good for us.
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't. It was a big day that one. We left the hotel at what like nine ten, and then we got back at what eleven? They I'll give you hot tip. Wasn't that now eleven pm? And they're doing it. It's going to be fun they're doing.
Speaker 3: Do we have any tickets to give away?
Speaker 2: No, I've asked this morning. But if we look into our crystal ball, we got.
Speaker 7: As many as we'd like for just not today.
Speaker 4: Are we going to have some to give away to give away, Okay, exactly on the wait list. We've got one hundred and twenty me on outweight list.
Speaker 2: Right now. Brady's joining the wait list under twenty thousand and what and.
Speaker 4: Then the super Bowl is being played in LA this year and then Vegas the year after.
Speaker 3: Did I dream that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We discovered that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Is it really? Hang on? He's been a while since I with It's twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 3: This year, twenty twenty twenty seven's in LA. Where's twenty eight?
Speaker 1: BBA?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: So you're telling me they've announced twenty nine before twenty eight, No field stand by it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Now they would have announced twenty eight. So it's twenty nine. It's in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Get you out of over to Vegas. Second, see the kids, Clint.
Speaker 3: I mean why it's in Georgia in twenty twenty eight. Okay, we can skip that. We'll go twenty nine.
Speaker 2: We'll have a year off, so the mc C members get first dips because obviously at the G do we Yeah, we do, Lauren?
Speaker 1: So you are you?
Speaker 3: How do I do that?
Speaker 2: Rich?
Speaker 3: I'm not on one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: You've seen your barcode an easy barcode tickets, a ticket tic or whatever it is that it does. They are in the stadium and.
Speaker 3: We pay a membership all year round.
Speaker 2: I know, But like otium NFL fan trying to get tickets and then you've got you blanket wearing people sitting in the sea.
Speaker 4: You have no idea how it works. Don't don't swam down from Queensland and have a gold ass like.
Speaker 1: Our membership funds the build, all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, the build, And what about my tickets? What money is that going to? When I buy tickets to a game?
Speaker 4: Whenever you bought a ticket to a football game that you haven't got for free, She's got you there.
Speaker 3: When have you ever paid for a ticket?
Speaker 4: And then you can have an argument. He's covering his little eyes with his stupid little fingers.
Speaker 3: She's still there, he's still stumped.
Speaker 2: No, but ticket prices, that money goes to the stadium.
Speaker 3: I paid my MCC membership for thirty years.
Speaker 2: For this moment, and I think you're entitled to AFL games.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's a cricket club.
Speaker 4: Well, your clown, do you even know anything about MCC. It's a football club. It's a Cricket Club.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then you're entitled to cricket tickets. What about when Taylor played there? Did the MCC members get yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah in the MC closure a ballot, Yeah, to pay for them. Maybe you should sign up to we got a twenty four You wait, lest you'd be about ninety seven.
Speaker 3: By the time you get your memory.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed that, didn't You.
Speaker 3: Really lost every single element of that argument. No, I am man of the people, and most of it you just have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Most of us are not in the exclusive area.
Speaker 4: Most people also pay for their tickets where you just get them for free from spotor true.
Speaker 3: He just said, I'll even that free box. Yeah, I'll go.
Speaker 2: I want to talk pub etiquette for a sec.
Speaker 3: Pub etiquette is that because we're going to a pub today.
Speaker 2: There was a situation on the weekend. I want to find out if I was in the right or wrong? Wrong?
Speaker 3: Are wrong? I agree? And that's the end of the thing.
Speaker 2: We'll check your run to work news coming up next. The is it the Boundary Hotel on Saturday night? Had a great night?
Speaker 4: I hope it wasn't wrong, because that's the only pub you gon't go back.
Speaker 1: I've got the McKinnon as well, So that's your fall back. Which is your favorite depends what mood I'm in.
Speaker 3: What's the difference.
Speaker 2: McKinnon's quite expensive menu.
Speaker 3: An the other ones more cash, a bit more cash, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the other one's got like a pool table in the front bar. And I like to take my boys up there, get them off irepads, get them out of the house and place and pool, take him to the.
Speaker 3: Pub, off the I don't do anything outdoorsy, but take them to the pub.
Speaker 2: Well, we travel out, we get together, we.
Speaker 3: Get them off the iPad and we go and play keynote.
Speaker 2: Anyway, on Friday night, I had a nice little father son bonding type with my son Haddy and I went to the pub. We're about to watch the pies have a little counterie now with the pool table up there, there's a little whiteboard over on the site because remember growing up, you'd put a two dollar point on the side the pool table.
Speaker 3: And you know you are still two dollars to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a couple of but it's all yeah, no one's got coins, mate, So that's why the little whiteboard's there. There was no name on the whiteboard, and there was two guys playing pool. So I walked over and wrote Jason on the whiteboard. Ye went and sat down, kept an eye on it. They were down to like two balls left right, so I said to Hordey, let's move over that way, so we're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Put a bit of pressure on him.
Speaker 2: You got it, So we move over. Just as the guy sinks the black ball right. I looked down to my left and okay, hawd you ready? And I look as I look up, this old guy comes out of nowhere, walks over and taps his cart and all the balls dropped.
Speaker 1: The next game was his name on the board?
Speaker 3: No, the only name of the board was her first timer and he didn't know the ball.
Speaker 2: I looked at him.
Speaker 3: He would have been the board say next pool player in the queue? Like is it clear?
Speaker 2: No, there is no.
Speaker 3: Did you bring the board down yourself? Like nobody? Seriously? Could he be first time visitor and he doesn't know the rules.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I was calm and he was quite.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're come hen pick up the chair and throw.
Speaker 1: It at him.
Speaker 2: He was an elderly gentleman.
Speaker 1: Elderly, you're picking on the elderly.
Speaker 3: No, he's older than you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you too, aren't the people when need to come to even support him?
Speaker 3: That he maybe? So, how did you handle maybe he's confused?
Speaker 2: Well, I looked at him and I was like even, I was sort of throwing back. I was like hey, and I pointed to the whiteboard and went names on the board.
Speaker 3: Oh, you didn't just go and go oh home, mate, Sorry, our name was on the back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he did it as a move. He didn't know.
Speaker 2: Well. He looked straight back at me and said, mat, I've been waiting half an hour with my mates to play. Oh. And the way he said mates sounded like he had a pact.
Speaker 3: With him ten year old a gang of walkers.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to get in a bath the golden girls.
Speaker 1: Behind him, Like he really put me in off the shuttle bus from the retirement home.
Speaker 3: Give the guard chance. So who played?
Speaker 2: Well, we just backed off and let him and his mates play.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're scared of the older, scared of the granny.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to take him out in front of my son.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I didn't want to do a wrestling move.
Speaker 2: No, I just think if the names on the ball.
Speaker 3: Maybe he didn't know, Maybe he did. I wouldn't know that there was a whiteboard.
Speaker 2: When I pointed out the whiteboard.
Speaker 3: He didn't say sorry, mate, No.
Speaker 2: There was no sorry. It was the real tap. The balls dropped and just looked at me and went, well, we've been waiting half an hour.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen anyone else put the name on the board.
Speaker 2: Yes, other people put names on it. Almost broke out a week earlier because someone rubbed someone's name.
Speaker 3: I think it needs a heading on the board.
Speaker 2: You think I got off as next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you need the label printer.
Speaker 2: I think you're right plays next whiteboard?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah? And how far away is it from the pool right next to it?
Speaker 2: So we just, yeah, we did the right thing. We backed off age before beauty.
Speaker 3: What on his walker.
Speaker 2: Hobble home that night got him? It was the responsible thing to do. Yeah, okay, Well what was the thing you're telling me? Earlier? Pubs? I gotta be careful.
Speaker 7: If you are in an Australian pub and you finish your drink and you turn the glass upside down, that is officially challenging anyone in that pub to a fight.
Speaker 3: What pubs are you going to?
Speaker 2: Should we try today? The team out?
Speaker 7: That's a rule. If you put your glass upside down and leave it there, you're challenging anyone in that place to a fight.
Speaker 1: Have you done it?
Speaker 2: It's not very good? It works.
Speaker 4: He's out at the family bistro playing Keno with his ten year old and you caon, someone's going to come and deck him. If if Hudson happens to accidentally turn his glass upside.
Speaker 7: Down, it's an open challenge.
Speaker 2: Should's feel your juice, mate, quick turn the glass the other way around you against the old fella.
Speaker 3: Take those to a lot of pubs. Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 2: Put my money on the old guy. Hey, it's coming up. We'll test it today.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that. Is that an Australian thing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ossie pubs?
Speaker 2: Is there any other pub rules thirteen twenty four ten that we need know about?
Speaker 3: What don't we know?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Glass upside down needs a SmackDown whiteboard next to a pool table? Who plays next? I love that song home Wrecker. Good morning Melbourne. You're supposed to be hot and sunny all day, but we've got showers in the afternoon. Not great for our team at No. But we've got lawn bowls today. Oh wait, I thought it was warm. No, it's going to be warm, but you've got a bowl in a punch.
Speaker 3: It's not going to rain till like two o'clock. Now we'll be right, Yeah, we'll be right. We'll get a few ends in and then off the green. Give me twenty seven degrees.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a warm.
Speaker 3: Love that for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's storm rolling in.
Speaker 1: I'm not really confident about I haven't done lawn bowls in many years. Do you remember which way the circle goes, because that's spins to the spins, spins to the small side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leans to the leans to the small side because you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to get the lawn bowlts. And they taught me.
Speaker 2: I've spent some time at Hampton Bowls. Yes, remember I beat the Olympian.
Speaker 1: I think he was more common walth Games, but.
Speaker 2: He was Olympian. I think he was game because they don't.
Speaker 1: Have warm bowls in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was come off, but good on you.
Speaker 2: And tell he's an Olympian and it was just adult athletics.
Speaker 3: I think he might have thrown it as well.
Speaker 2: Screw you. No, no he didn't. He looked angry when I won.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was the Olympian.
Speaker 1: So many sleepers.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: He goes to bed with his gold.
Speaker 2: You're on my team.
Speaker 3: Don't worry. I will get your ribbon.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: If there's storms, it's not a good day to mow the lawns.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not much of a lawnmower, but I know how much men love it. You guys froth it, don't you. What I do love is the smell of freshly chopped grass.
Speaker 2: Oh do you have l Cain Caine, the lawn mowing guy.
Speaker 3: You meant you had cane grass.
Speaker 2: I know, the lawn mowing guy. I don't have a garage, so I can't store a lawnmer.
Speaker 3: Right because the boat's taking up.
Speaker 1: Yes, but back in the day, we don't know yawned. Yeah, through a lawn one that you actually had to pull the pull.
Speaker 2: My dad had the big like electric one where you pull the handle, like what they use at Lawnder. Oh really, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, my old house in Fitzroy had such a small patch of grass. We had a not a We didn't even have a motor rolling Well, sorry, I couldn't a word house big enough that required a lawn, so we used to hand mink.
Speaker 2: Where do we sit on the electric ones? I'm seeing a lot of people use electric marbors these days.
Speaker 3: What's what's the difference?
Speaker 2: Like battery operated's not petrol? No, it's great. The ones that freaked me out of the ones that are connected to like an extension lead, I'm like, we don't want to know.
Speaker 3: Only there's like like the robo vax. There's like a robot.
Speaker 2: Caneah, yeah, the robot is it? Yeah, there is.
Speaker 3: It's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's ones that you can control with the remote as well. Anyway, have a beer.
Speaker 4: Let me take you to Jimmy from The Bachelor's season twenty two.
Speaker 3: He was the pilot, remember the pilot jet pilot. I think he's still with his is the most an Australian Act of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I look at this our driveway neighbor has mode to the and other signe is passive aggressive mowing. It's finest. I'm surely that's.
Speaker 3: That's so he's he's left a bit of the nature strip and just not done it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: That's fine?
Speaker 2: No, it's not even came the game like one meter. Just do it exactly?
Speaker 4: Or do you think that He thinks, oh, maybe my neighbors like the overgrown look and I don't want to impede on there.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's bad.
Speaker 1: But the question is would the neighbor do their grass as well?
Speaker 2: Well, there's only one way to find out. Mo, there's see if they do yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's on Australian. I'm with Jimmy from the Bachelor's at twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Look back when we were you know, when we had grass to mow, back in the days when we lived in glen Waverley on a sprawling property. We I think we did something similar without nature strip.
Speaker 3: You just you're morowing tighter.
Speaker 2: You made up to the if it's like, if it's one meter, take care of it for the neighbor.
Speaker 4: Is that because you thought the neighbor may be like there's a bit longer or because you could Yeah.
Speaker 1: A bit of both, a bit of columbe I keep looking.
Speaker 4: At our nature strip when like our whole neighborhood need to pull their socks up.
Speaker 3: It's just all dead drop.
Speaker 4: Well, there's like one person in our street who has a good nature strip and the rest of it. We've got too many trees and it just kills the gar like too many of those trees that have the bits that fall mine gets done automatically by the council. I think the council do Stonnington would.
Speaker 1: Never ar they do it automatically.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you've got.
Speaker 3: Stonnington wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Something bloody sitting at home eating doughnuts.
Speaker 4: I hate my counsel, Mauron Beaner. No you're not Marion Baner. He never wants to tell us because and then.
Speaker 2: He want to say it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: He's probably not Rochester or something where Glenarra Glenara.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter, Glenn, shout out to the councilor do amazing work. Fourteen We've got a great council beating donuts. Can I ask what's wrong with your counsel?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: What's the smallest thing that your neighbor does that annoys you?
Speaker 3: Oh, if my neighbors are listening, don't call.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Smallest thing your neighbor does, but it just drives your nuts. In return, I got twohn Dore dollar moondog vouchers to go you can wrangle your mates and try and conquer the bullet. Moondog while west in Footscray Melbourne's Wildest Night Out book at moondog dot com dot au. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually I know there's someone in my streets. Not my direct neighbor though, like our street, Clint, you've been men.
Speaker 3: I tell you. We there last night for dinner.
Speaker 4: It's parking permit out the front and just like sort of half a car park from our house. There's a tree, so like when you park, if you're going to park there, you park right up to it. But they leave like half a space with their big white van, so you can't actually fit anything behind it.
Speaker 3: But it's sort of taking.
Speaker 4: Up too too, but they're not selfish right to the yeah, yeah, right up to the tree. Yeah, you can drive enough room so you can drive out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's selfish.
Speaker 3: It takes like an extra half spot and it drives me.
Speaker 2: There's one actually, Yeah, Brady executive producer, was fine up this morning because it's something his neighbors doing. I'll let him explain.
Speaker 1: My neighbors actually across the road. It's a Greek church and it's very inconvenient when they have fun. What church Ceremony's there cars?
Speaker 2: How dare the Greek celebrate or mourn?
Speaker 1: Perhaps May morning celebration.
Speaker 2: Would you like to put a thing on the dashboard saying we're morning today or celebrate.
Speaker 1: It's a giveaways. There's a long, skinny sort of car at the front.
Speaker 2: We know times are tied at the moment. That's why we are now doubling your chances to win five k thanks to our mate, to Carlisle Holmes. We are going to play at seven o'clock and eight o'clock was small morning, and then Donna hay is in the house. She's going to be Johnish just after seven to talk the one pop past.
Speaker 1: I'm so keen to see Donna. That sounded creepy. No, I just I think she's a She is one of my heroes, culinary heroes. What was she described as this morning, Jaz you described.
Speaker 2: She is a food stylist food style. Have you tried the Donna hay shaken port pancakes? So you know, like the POV shaking port pancakes, you just add water, Dona hayes, you got to add I think some butter and eggs and that's it and then shake it up.
Speaker 3: Put the butter.
Speaker 2: You melt the butter, pour it into the into the like the powder bottle, and then you shake it and it is restaurant quality.
Speaker 1: Game changer.
Speaker 4: You does quality pancakes. Do you think I've ever ordered pancakes and restaurant outside the pancake part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there's fancy. They come with the mask of pone.
Speaker 3: And any very compost the time being. The hell's a very compos.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just say jam. It's like thin, jam, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's there's some more chunks in it.
Speaker 2: Jam.
Speaker 3: Then it's like it's like squashed berries and.
Speaker 2: Some sort of jew.
Speaker 3: It's like a jew when she's it's just very common.
Speaker 1: Okay. For the time being, we're talking annoying neighbors. I'm thirteen twenty four ten and Mitchell is called through Mitchell, good morning. You got an annoying neighbor?
Speaker 8: Yeah, guys here you going, well, yeah, it's funny they I don't actually know which neighbor it is, but they constantly park on my nature strip.
Speaker 3: That's annoying.
Speaker 8: I am in the trade of earth moving, so I have trailers with figures and traps and what night and I kind of need that nature strip and very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Is it always the same car?
Speaker 8: No, it's just I don't know what to No, it's not so. I just feel like my nigh tracks.
Speaker 3: Lots of people part there.
Speaker 2: I think you park outside your own house. No, that's not how but you should be able.
Speaker 4: To what depends. It's like in a like in the inner city suburbs. That's just not how words, the park wherever the hell you can find space, but also room in the burb. Parking on the nature strip I think is aggressive, especially.
Speaker 1: But also I don't think you're allowed to park on a NATU strip full stock.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't think you were.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean I think it depends where you live.
Speaker 2: Is it against the lord to park the opposite direction? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it means you've driven down the road in the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: But sometimes yeah I do it quite often. Yeah, you know, if you're just running into.
Speaker 3: The house, Yeah, it means you've driven on the wrong side of the road. Together, I think that's the point.
Speaker 2: Friends of mine lived in Balmaine, Roan Dave in Sydney Hilly. There isn't it it is, and people always parking out the front. So Dave went down to Bunnings and got paint and did like council lines and made it like a permit zone.
Speaker 3: Well, you also can't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think that's illegal.
Speaker 3: Definitely frown upon Dave and Rowe mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Amy in Sunbury, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Hi, Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: What is your annoying neighbor?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: Amy?
Speaker 11: So, we just in a mill estate area and our next one neighbors just moved in and they, I assume at the time I didn't know, but they didn't have been so they were obviously using our bins for all this ships, particularly imagine all the storage boxes. Yeah, I didn't realize until I ring. Camerack just kept going off at weird hours and you could tell they knew what was wrong. But they're bringing dog ship that I've been to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our neighbors are currently moving at the moment, so they're not there, and they came home and gave us the key and won't use our bins if you want, that's.
Speaker 4: Great, great celebrated neighbor. Neighbors become good friends.
Speaker 1: So what are you putting in their bins?
Speaker 2: Everything? They said, please just bring them in otherwise it's obvious. No, yea, yeah, yeah, temmy.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are you were good? Neighbors are annoying you?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, yes they are. So they have a full water bank and during our wet seasons they do not detach the downpipe, so we end up having a flooded backyard.
Speaker 2: No, that's not on. How does the tank?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you stop that?
Speaker 10: If it rains, You've got to detach it and put it into the into the should be a part that runs.
Speaker 3: Into the God. Yeah, that's annoying. And have you addressed it with them?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, and the council that's in the current edge.
Speaker 2: When you bring the council, get all around when you bring the counsel, and that's well, that ruins the relationship, gavor, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. Neighbors can be great and they can be real pain in the net.
Speaker 1: Company anyone else is fun fencing?
Speaker 3: How is your new fence? It looks have you painted it yet?
Speaker 1: It's still raw raw dog into that sort of pine.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you and the neighbors go halves and I paid paid a bit of it. Someone doesn't like comprotation.
Speaker 3: Did they ever get access to the eavesman. Did you put a gate in for them?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Good morning Melbourne. Thanks to Carlile Holmes. We are trying to ease the stress. We're giving you a chance to win five k twice a day.
Speaker 3: We are, and the cash has been flying out the door.
Speaker 4: Now. I'm loving the seven am addition to the five question. Look, phones are going mad thirteen twenty foot ten. If you want to play five thousand dollars, one simple question, get the answer right, cash is yours.
Speaker 2: All right, let's head the ballaratt this morning.
Speaker 3: Eliza, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you going.
Speaker 2: We're good. Thank you for the work you do. I believe you're a nurse.
Speaker 10: Yes, I am on my way. I'm a little bit late.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. And you're also studying paramedicine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're going to be paramedic one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you in the scrubs?
Speaker 8: Yes, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw. I was doing parenting tre interviews at school last night. One of the mums still yeah, different kid, but these are in person, in person once. Yeah, and one of the mums rocked up in the scrubs. Yeah. Pray from hospital. It's power move. I love it. Yeah, yeah, all right, seeking an easy question for fifty medium question for five hundred, or roll the dice and go for five k. We're going medium five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Here you go, Lisa, We've got a question lined up for you. You'll hear a three two one countdown. It's that simple. Get the correct answer before the buzzer and the cash is yours.
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 2: You ready, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Look, I think it's an obvious answer, but make sure you get a guess in before the time is up.
Speaker 3: What is the world's most used construction material? Three two one, Lasa, Yeah, you didn't even.
Speaker 2: Have a guess. Come on, did you hear the already going con Oh dah, the buzzer went yesterday.
Speaker 3: Did you hear the three two one countdown?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I got I thought I answered it after the three two one Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we asked the question and then you've got three seconds to answer before the buzzer.
Speaker 2: Fine up at hospital today, the nurses Eliza ask for someone else to prescribe the meats.
Speaker 12: Oh, Liza, I thought I answered after three thros.
Speaker 4: No, Then the buzzer goes, that's your free second countdown to ants.
Speaker 1: What do you do when the blood pressure machine stops speaking.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Eliza, Okay, sorry, good time to tell.
Speaker 2: Her it was concrete. It was concrete. You would have won the money.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 3: Sorry a line.
Speaker 2: Thanks to give me a crack. Guys, we play again this morning. Thanks you. I mate to Carlile Holmes eight o'clock your next chance to win five k oh. Donah Hayes in the house. She's playing the novacor machine and she joins us next. Good morning, we've been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is a food stylist, magazine editor, television presenter, and author of twenty seven best selling cookbooks.
Speaker 5: What's your cook tonight? Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Intro.
Speaker 3: Hey, Donna Hayes. Everyone ever sung that to you before?
Speaker 2: Never before?
Speaker 3: Figure, that's your new like intro when you come out.
Speaker 12: I'm so stealing that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, exciting. Thank you for setting the new rule on the show.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, it's only proper, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Tell Melbourne what the new rule is.
Speaker 12: The new rule is, if you want to come on the show, you have to bring a treat, probably home bait and.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Donna hay has brought us granola called Good morning, sunshine the granola.
Speaker 2: What's in the box?
Speaker 12: Ha haha, Well it is Easter, so I thought we could go all out. It's a layer of brownie, quite fudgy, a layer of the caramel from caramel size, but a double layer, and then a thin.
Speaker 3: Layer of touch.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: We open it and.
Speaker 4: Put it on a plate in the middle of the studio and see who can resist the little temptation temptations.
Speaker 12: For that one quick?
Speaker 3: Donahey, how are you well? I'm good.
Speaker 12: I'm very excited today even though it is April Fool's Day.
Speaker 3: April Fool.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love it pointless. So if that's not chocolate brown enough.
Speaker 12: No, that is all my series dropped tonight. I'm not sure that.
Speaker 2: A special brownie and you get it. Sorry, So look you've got donah hay. A coastal celebration premieres today exclusively on Disney Plus. How did you go down? And they said were launching it April first? Were you a bit like?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 12: Think they were joking?
Speaker 3: I really did.
Speaker 12: I was like, Okay, when are we really?
Speaker 1: But it is tonight, so you are combining two of my favorite things in life.
Speaker 3: He loves the coastal I am.
Speaker 1: I am a big fan of your work first and foremost, and I live in a coastal themed house.
Speaker 12: Yes see coast.
Speaker 3: No he is, but he styled the house coastal theme and he never hears the end of it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of cave just living the dream.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I thought the shell chandelier was a bit punchy, so I took that down.
Speaker 4: I don't know that sounds nice a coastal celebration. What is it about coastal theme dining?
Speaker 12: It's just set on the harbor, all right, because globally everyone you know dreams of coming to Austrea and swimming at our beautiful beaches. Yes, so I said it by the harbor. What a great backdrop. And then it's four separate episodes with really simple menus. And then I've added in a little bit of styling as well to make a little bit of That's why i'd be able to use some of your coastal theme decoration through your house, because it's all about reusing things you've already got. I've got so many, like I have a crazy soup terrain from my grandmother which I am never ever putting soup. In let's face it, like, why would you can't soup into a grain to then put in a bowl. That's ridiculous. But you know you can put little flowers and plants and stuff in it and it actually looks super glamorous.
Speaker 3: So it's just about going through cuppets and stylings.
Speaker 4: And because you know, I really decided I went from being a girl to a woman when I got fabric napkins. I was like, I'm agreed, adult because when people come to my home, you get a fabric napkin.
Speaker 3: Laura, When I knew I'd maturity.
Speaker 2: I got three kids to get paper towel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well myea, my partner still pulls out the paper towel and I get so offended.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, we are grown ups. Grown ups.
Speaker 1: When it comes to recipes and cooking and all the all the rest. Do you I mean, do you have a favorite sort of thing that you love cooking? What do you love to when you want to get your hands dirty? What do you love doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: If I need to process, I bake because it's very methodical. So somehow it stacks my brain in a line. But I'm the kind of person that just runs into the shots and sees what is in season and amazing and I kind of reverse engineer. If you were coming over for Easter, which is not everyone.
Speaker 1: We could give you some plums and you would go, Okay, this is what I'm making.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so jealous of people that can do that. Will open the fridge and go, I've got all these things.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm making. But it just ends up as a past just always pasta.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, no doubt you see all these one pot dishes or kitchen hacks pop up on a lot of my brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one that's just got me at the moment is this one pot pasta. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: I've seen a version.
Speaker 1: So it involves Jase, What does it involve?
Speaker 2: Cherry tomatoes down the right side.
Speaker 3: JA thinks it's all about the layout, dry pastor in the middle.
Speaker 2: And then a little bit of cream and then it's all done in one pot. No cleaning up, feelings, emotions.
Speaker 3: Life's too short.
Speaker 12: Jay's how gluey is that pasta? That's not happening?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Just another pot would have been okay, just to boil the pasta.
Speaker 2: No past me, brownie, I'll give you some feedback.
Speaker 12: My children are always coming at me with that TikTok recipe.
Speaker 1: Always any any that are actually okay.
Speaker 12: That you I did one the other night. I haven't perfected it. Clean them up a bit dop recipe sort of not really. I just kind of had a little like my whole phone wherever that is, is just you know, messages from my son's going it's good, this is crazy. A lot of them I don't do. But there was a derivative thing something with deal pickles, so I didn't really watch it. I just made up my own version. But I have been brianing chicken breast in the vinny, like the Brian from the Deal Pickle. Really yeah, because chicken breast dry it right, so if you bry them first, easy question, what's oh, just soaking?
Speaker 3: May just give it a soak.
Speaker 12: And then so I've been putting the deal pickle marinate on chicken breast, throwing it in the fridge, kind of work, just like just going to work. And then yeah, and it makes them really juicy. Then I sort of drain them out of it so they're not wet, and then I pan fry them till they're really brown, like on the outside, not cooked through. I put them under the grill, hi, and then I put them onto the grill, but I put the slice dried pickles on the top, like pat them on your ebbs of maybe using feett snapkins parmesan, and then I make crunchy parmesan pickles.
Speaker 3: On the top.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I wish you were my partner. And when I went on, ready, steady.
Speaker 3: Cook, Oh my god, I forget you did that that? What did you cook a pasta?
Speaker 1: Here's another one for.
Speaker 2: Dumpling lasagna.
Speaker 1: Do we approve I don't know.
Speaker 12: No, in my algorithm everywhere, even we got in mine as well.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure. I just think I have dumplings all lasagna, thank you, Lauren, and dumpling lasagna. I'm not lasagna dumplings.
Speaker 12: No, I didn't mind the one. I haven't tried it yet. It's on my The boys have been asking me where you just sort of throw what looks like, let's say a rissole, and then you put a dumpling wrapper over the top of it. What you're out, well, so yes, so you just throw in like a little lump of flavored mints and then you just let the one on wrapper like like lay over it and apparently it makes.
Speaker 3: About how old are your sons?
Speaker 12: Oh, there's many of them?
Speaker 3: How many do you have?
Speaker 12: A crazy blended family from eleven to twenty three?
Speaker 3: And one of them have moved out.
Speaker 12: There's four of them, But moms, I just have to if but work soon because I just have no time.
Speaker 1: Do any of them cook or bake or.
Speaker 12: Look if I'm really tools down, if you go strike, if I go on strike.
Speaker 3: They'll cook.
Speaker 12: But they've just invented all these rules, which I don't like.
Speaker 3: A rule went on strike once, went on strike once, and my brother and I thought the world was ending. There was no clean clothes, there was no food.
Speaker 2: She just cracked on.
Speaker 12: Strike, I thinks, stride turning point. Yeah, don't you think that my boys have invented first dinner, second dinner and third on them.
Speaker 3: Because they're growing boys them see if as well, like the weekly shop must.
Speaker 12: Be Honestly, the grocery delivery guy just thinks that.
Speaker 3: I'm running an orphan in Yeah, cook.
Speaker 1: We love we love your Stanaway Household. All of our Christmas recipes are all based on something Donna's gone in her cookbooks.
Speaker 3: Thank you, we love don come in any time you enjoy your tree.
Speaker 2: Oh we will thank you enjoy laughing at us when they kick in Coastal Celebration today exclusively on Disney Class. It's good to see Dono thanks to Cavin.
Speaker 6: Youkk F.
Speaker 2: That's awkward all right?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing back a favorite segment, Things that are awkward that shouldn't be. It's been a while since you and I have done this, guys, but.
Speaker 3: Something happened to me, yes yesterday, and I was embarrassed and no one was even there for me to be embarrassed in front of, but it was awkward. How cringe and embarrassing is it when you drive into a parking lot you've opened the boomgate and you can't find a park. Have you ever had to drive into a parking lot and out.
Speaker 2: Reverse?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes there's just it's not there.
Speaker 4: Yes, where I go to the gym, you go, it doesn't safe, it's full or not, and then you drive in, but you get to a dead end and so you actually then have to kind of reverse and find somewhere to do a fifty point two I'll.
Speaker 2: Go one worse when you pull up to pay and the ticket's not working and you have to tell people to.
Speaker 3: It's a line of people.
Speaker 2: Can you move?
Speaker 3: What about when you can't reach the thing to put your ticket in?
Speaker 2: You open the door in the bangs, Well you have to get out it.
Speaker 1: Out and do it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I still have it burned in my memory. In the McDonald's drive through, a mum dropped the money before the attendant cash and I'm like yeah, and I'm like, please just put just give them extra money. Mum's absolutely not. So Mum got out of the car in the coins like down on the floor and I wanted to die.
Speaker 4: Another correlated thing that's super embarrassing, but no one's ever there to see it. I don't know, like I get into a hot flush. Have you ever been in a car wash?
Speaker 3: When you win? Screen wipers turn on?
Speaker 1: Yes, because.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: And also it's hard to get it into neutral when you've got to go, you know on those get tires and they're trying to direct you go left, go left, go lefts got the side, but.
Speaker 4: Even that talk when you can't get it onto the lineup of the electric thing. Another thing happened to me leaving the gym.
Speaker 3: You leave the gym. You're hot and you're sweaty, and then you bump into someone and they.
Speaker 4: Go hi, and they try and give you a heart, and you're like, you know, you were sweaty and I just don't want anyone to touch me.
Speaker 3: Does that make you uncomfort?
Speaker 1: So uncomfortable? Something happened to me the other day. I was walking into a hotel and it had the revolving door. You walk in and then it stops, and you don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Is it working?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 1: And you're waiting for it to kick in?
Speaker 4: What about when someone dropped? What about when someone jumps in the same segment? And then it would you not have waited half a second more and got in the glass divider behind me coming out.
Speaker 2: Of the kitchen at nob yesterday and one of the sales rips is coming in and you know what it's like, you to go left and they go there right this way and two.
Speaker 1: Steps this summer.
Speaker 3: Small talk in the supermarket, you bump into someone, you make small talk, no, no, and then you see them again in the next.
Speaker 2: They're seeing dairy in about three minutes.
Speaker 3: I also get awkward our supermarket. It's got a parking lot under it.
Speaker 4: But if you shop in the supermarket, they can give you a ticket and you get free parking underneath and asking the person. You've got to go up to the register and ask the person for the parking ticket.
Speaker 3: And every register, well yeah, but I do so check out.
Speaker 1: They just think you're there.
Speaker 2: By to pack a long beach.
Speaker 3: Me again.
Speaker 1: Supermarket themed the belt at the at the register when the belt goes too quickly and your stuff just is because it's all sensor related.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to pack your own bag.
Speaker 3: That is anxiety. They scan it and I'm like, I'm just some kind of torture, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Happy April the first?
Speaker 1: Yes, April Fools. Now, we were discussing earlier how much we despise the day, and we promise not to take part in any you know, ridiculous Anti.
Speaker 3: I just hate April Fools. So I'm not like, I don't like pranks? Am I boring? Am I getting boring as I go?
Speaker 4: Actually, as a kid, don't think I loved it either, because I'm so gullible?
Speaker 3: Are you the joke always are on the prank? No, I'd rather the joke beyond me than to someone else.
Speaker 2: But when you were going to We'll find to America America, and I was in the Quantus pajamas and when I'm sleeping.
Speaker 1: But that's where just it doesn't have to be April fools.
Speaker 2: You do that when we want, Yeah, you Andlin We're going to hide my clothes. So I would have to leave the plane and walk through the airport.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't a prank. That was just pure joy QUANTUSJA.
Speaker 4: But the joke was on us because you packed seventy four different outfits because he.
Speaker 3: Get so hot and sweaty. You have so many options to changeing.
Speaker 2: I didn't well.
Speaker 1: Channel nine has just posted from their Instagram account say that they've just announced after the tipping point. What you know, how you've got after the dinner party, the maths sit down to the tipping point.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 3: How excited at the comments on Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. People actually believe this.
Speaker 3: How many meetings do you think they started to come up with that.
Speaker 1: Here's another one from the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, Nick Reese. He says, as Lord Mayor of Melbourne, I hereby give notice that the City of Melbourne is commencing the process of renaming Sydney Road to Melbourne road.
Speaker 3: I mean that shouldn't be a prank. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're talking about it the other day. But still to my favorite is when Emirates came out so they were putting a pool, a swimming pool on the eight three eighty.
Speaker 3: I was excited.
Speaker 2: Gotta hook line and sinker. Hey, Bruno Mars, I just might. We're looking for Melbourn's best top cross barn next, and then five k to give away at eight thanks to Carlisle, we must.
Speaker 5: Try men's best.
Speaker 2: Hot cross fun it is. We'll tried Melbourne's best potato cake, Melbourne's best hot chips, but me you name it. A lot of distilleries around mission.
Speaker 1: Oh, we should elevate it.
Speaker 4: I think drinking in the morning's frowned upon. But today we are doing Melbourne's Best hot cross bun. Now we're going to need to get into this quickly because as we know, they need to be eaten at perfect temperature.
Speaker 2: Night.
Speaker 1: We'll just quickly. Channel nine News did this the other night and their search didn't go far and really.
Speaker 3: No, so we asked people for nominations.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: Now we've been told the elder ones are very good, being told the Woolies ones baker's to light the coles.
Speaker 3: Ay're all great, we're parking those.
Speaker 2: We're parking your supermarket.
Speaker 3: Hot cross bun doing bakery hot Cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Melbourne Bakeries, we're supporting grease. Now we are going to be washing it down with the grilled I drilled, Are you hot cross?
Speaker 3: It's actually cornered on his head.
Speaker 1: He drew. Oh, there's a bit of drill on the paper.
Speaker 2: When I read this, the grilled hot cross buns shake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen this on the social a.
Speaker 1: Quicker Okay, creamy, velvety vanilla swelled with warm notes of cinnamon, mixed mice and that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was going to wait until I had it again.
Speaker 4: It taste, it's like a it's it's cinnamony. That's incredible, nutmeg or nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, now we've got three of the best of Melbourne's nominated hot cross buns.
Speaker 2: All right, let's quickly run through the three that have been nominated.
Speaker 4: Bread Cut Club, Albert Park and North Melbourne. Now I've had their hot cross buns before.
Speaker 3: A nag.
Speaker 2: Okay. Their traditional buns are made using a three step, twenty four hour process.
Speaker 1: It's Cargo Bakery and Brighton's our next nominee. They're made over seventy two hours with natural ingredients, including everyone's favorite hour do oh, it's a.
Speaker 3: French bakery with a nausey twist, that bakery.
Speaker 1: And finally, Baker Blur South come on maked Blue Blood bl bl bl Blood Blue in hawks Burn. Since twenty sixteen, they've been baking what they claim to be the best hot cross bunds.
Speaker 3: Okay, these all look and smell amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we go. They also have a sour cherry and dark chocolate ones there too.
Speaker 1: You're going to go top or bottom.
Speaker 3: I think I like the top. Now I've got to make sure there's enough butter on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now let's all try hot cross bun one. We don't know what the water that. We do not know what order they are in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm going the top.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all right, I'll tell you what it's not.
Speaker 3: Multi fruit has got a bit of bapery cod in it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of fruit in it. It's probably a bit Sometimes you can get too much fruit and some of the fruit will be a bit bity feeling, like yeah, body fruit.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's a lot better than the SuperM On number two, we're moving on. Wash it down with your cinnamon shake from grim Have we ever asked.
Speaker 3: Our audience is this disgusting to listen to us eating?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 1: That shakes so sweet?
Speaker 2: I've got on the top.
Speaker 1: Okay, number two, number two, I'm going to bottom again.
Speaker 2: Quite What is the.
Speaker 3: Cross made up of on a hot cross?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh my god, it's gouite last. That's like biting into a pillow that's very sart, very soft. That is like, honestly, look at the softness that this is so good? Oh I know that one there? Okay, below is number one out of the water. You never know.
Speaker 1: Sip of shake, Oh yeah, shake shakes pretty bit more.
Speaker 3: I need the butter to be kind of chunk and cold.
Speaker 2: You couldn't be a master shift judge, could you?
Speaker 3: I could, because we just kept going back.
Speaker 2: This number three. Oh that's good as well. Oh a crusty top that when.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect combo of crusty and fluffy, it.
Speaker 2: Looks like mixed. I don't know, yeah, I don't think I like the raisen distribution of this one. All right, I've got to I've got a clear winner. I think I'm good I have an absolute clear winner.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I think that third one's got the most flavor.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ready, I'll hang on. Can I just try the first again?
Speaker 3: They're all so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I've got my order. I'm good. Now, how do we do this again?
Speaker 3: We just say what number? And then they tell us what numbers?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: Just question? This is really what's winning the ratings?
Speaker 3: Apparently apparently apparently now this is unbiased? Are we ready completely unbiased?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 2: We do not know the order of the hot cust bunt. Can I also say thank you to everyone one that's sending their suggestions. I don't think we've had dms go off like the Hot Chips was big.
Speaker 1: It's passionate.
Speaker 2: This one got personal. Okay.
Speaker 3: On the counter, three say which number?
Speaker 2: Okay? One? One, two, three, two? What do you say?
Speaker 3: I said three, and I said two weds?
Speaker 2: Okay? What was number two?
Speaker 3: And number two was cargoing Brion and number three was bread Club?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's is that the orders?
Speaker 3: I've written it down here.
Speaker 4: One Baker Blue, two S Cargo three bread Club? So a bread club? You two voted Cargo number.
Speaker 2: Two s Cargo Bakery in Brighton, has taken it out. Cargo.
Speaker 3: Now it's a French bakery.
Speaker 2: Now you know what it is because they were fermented for seventy two hours from Brighton.
Speaker 3: Trust you to vote for the Brighton Jason.
Speaker 1: In credible, I might take I'm actually thinking that club was.
Speaker 2: I just had another vite.
Speaker 3: Bread Club's got all the different things in it. That's whine.
Speaker 2: No Bread Club was. Bread Club was a close second for me.
Speaker 4: Bread Club has a mix which includes it says the base was host Citrus, ginger, spic miax including cardimen and nutmeg.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to go again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, don't forget a sippy your shake.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Escargoes Cargo Bakery in Brighton.
Speaker 3: Have a look at our bread Club.
Speaker 2: You know what. The other day, my twelve year old Felix was watching the videos on our social of us dancing around at Celendi on and he'll probably watch these videos today as well. And he looked at me and he goes, Dad, forget what people say, you really do work hard for a living. Was he mocking me?
Speaker 3: I think he was mocking all three of us.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you go to our socials right now. Jason and Lauren on Instagram will post the video so you can go and check out Melbourne's best hot cross bun and enjoy. Hey, guys, I know it's the first of April and we seen some half decent April Fool's Day prinks. The cops have gotten involved. No, it's a good vic Pole have launched a whole new division. It's the Victoria Police hot air balloon.
Speaker 4: You like now?
Speaker 3: You know I love the Victoria Police. But honestly, that looks like I've drawn that in pain.
Speaker 2: I wait for the zoom in in the basket. He's up there with the radar gun.
Speaker 1: Please to cheesy A bad idea, actually a bit of an iron sky. We've got enough cameras, all right, Oh, just for road safety.
Speaker 3: Sake, just put down the April Fools jokes Instagram. Just let's let's just not do it anymore. I reckon, Am I the grint?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's just tacky. You might be like the celebrity that's featuring the next article. I want to bring up because he actually posted saying am I old and grumpy? Oh?
Speaker 3: I think I am old and grumpy?
Speaker 2: So I want to talk unspoken.
Speaker 3: Quickly before we move on just very quickly.
Speaker 2: You forgot my kite? You're not old?
Speaker 3: Was the kit caunt thing in April? Full joke? No, that's real is the trucks turn up somewhere and they're going to go in April fools?
Speaker 2: Now what happened the truck? It's just publicity. It's got everyone talking about kit kits anyway.
Speaker 3: I reckon they've played the long game on an April Fools.
Speaker 2: Stoke unspoken social rules. I would like to talk about good mat of the show.
Speaker 3: Limo comedian was all first, he's got a comedy festival show?
Speaker 2: Does he does? He was all over the socials the other day, Like I said, he posted on my old and grumpy or is this annoying for everyone?
Speaker 3: But we know Limo's old and grumpy.
Speaker 2: He's old and grumpy now I agree with him on this. He was at a coffee shop the other day. There's about eight people waiting at the window for their coffees to be made. Young guy in his twenties was next to him on the phone or mate talking about their weekend. The reason he knew they were talking about their weekend is because the kid had the conversation on the speakerphone.
Speaker 4: Well, that's real boomer behavior. It's only old people that do that. That's kids aren't doing that, are they?
Speaker 2: That's not on I mean.
Speaker 4: FaceTime time or speaker the FaceTime sometimes you have to answer the face times.
Speaker 3: You just got to be like and then you go, I'm just in a cafe. I'll call you back.
Speaker 2: I won't answer, I'll just call them after it's rung out.
Speaker 3: Gen Z.
Speaker 4: Are the kids actually speaking on speaker phone getting around town or is it more of a boomo thing.
Speaker 13: That's definitely a boomer thing. But I do have one thing to say. Okay, Jase always plays videos on full volume. It gives me the oh yeah, do you do?
Speaker 4: You go, Max, what do you mean there's no phone sitting automatically loud? Then you turn it down straight away. When you start playing a video, you do watch them real loud and.
Speaker 1: Then have a look at this this and I'm like, I've heard it three times.
Speaker 2: I won't share the funny videos.
Speaker 4: Then Paul watches videos on repeat as well, and I'm like, if I hear this song and what aren't or when he tries to edit the real Paul loves and he puts the song on while he's editing, and I just sear the same song over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: I'm going to scream in a minute, mute it.
Speaker 2: You don't like the funny videos.
Speaker 1: I love the funny videos. There a loll.
Speaker 3: People who say loll in a sentence gives me the really like saying that's a loll.
Speaker 1: But what about in a text?
Speaker 3: No problem, it's made for text.
Speaker 2: Unspoken social rule. If you're around at someone's birthday, the people hosting that birthday are the ones that get to say hip hop, yes, rogue hiphips nothing. Nothing annoys me. If it's my kid's birthday party. If someone leans in and goes another dad, oh mate, I look like, are you picking up the toor or you say hipp you pay the bill?
Speaker 1: I would say it's reserved for the patriarch of the family, like the elder, the elder statesman, like, for instance, my dad is the king of the hip hop wherever we are, Yeah, so where everyone knows that he drives it.
Speaker 2: Nothing worse when two people and then it's chicken, who's going the second hippie? Because I'm not stopping.
Speaker 3: If it's at your lay down your guns.
Speaker 4: If it's at your house, you get the hip hit. You can't be picked by another dub at your own kids party. That's starting a war.
Speaker 2: My mother in law did it at one of the kids, Like we're having the cake at home and everyone was around.
Speaker 3: But Wendy does funny things sometimes. Don't judge Wendy, I know, but she flew inhusiastic get out. She's gram Graham can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: It is just can't lay down your weapons. I love that. It's just gone six past day. Hey, five k questions on the way and we're going to check you around the work. The latest in news, what's making headlines?
Speaker 1: The fuel excise a bit of a delay until we're actually going to see it in our wallets. Plus the Blues have got some advice to Michael Voss on how to solve their woes.
Speaker 2: We'll get to a next on number one hundred. Good morning, Well, good morning Melbourne. Well welcome to your Wednesday. Here we go, thanks to Carlos twice the morning we give a chance to win five k.
Speaker 4: This would be such a nice way to go into the Easter long weekend. The Dean from Thomas down, Congratulations you've managed the first hurdle and got through.
Speaker 11: I know crazy twenty four times.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: I love Thomas Town, I love Thomas doown Jays. It's like it's own little world, so a bit of a bubble.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit like being on the movie World Streets.
Speaker 3: Pleasant Ville or whatever.
Speaker 4: All Right, Nadine, Well let's see if we can win you five thousand dollars this morning.
Speaker 3: I believe you want to roll the dice.
Speaker 1: And go for you.
Speaker 2: We go five thousand dollars. Now. Rules are simple. You'll hear a question. You'll hear a three two one. You must answer in that three seconds.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, we have a situation this morning. Let's not do that again. As soon as you leave the question, have your guess.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Thank you, come on the day.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Executive producer Brady knew this straight away. Really okay, here we go for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: The television character Bob the Builder has a wife.
Speaker 1: What is her name?
Speaker 3: Three two one Caroline?
Speaker 2: It is Wendy.
Speaker 1: It is in the song Somewhere.
Speaker 2: Sorry mate, thanks you giving me a crack. Congrats on the wedding as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where do you go in Thomastown.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to Thomastown.
Speaker 1: Favorite cafe there as well? Is that what the Thomastown Hotel?
Speaker 3: I've never once in my life? Or do you talk about town?
Speaker 2: That's when we o?
Speaker 1: No, hang on, I think you're talking about will Williamstown.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we went diving in Thomastown.
Speaker 2: No, No, I've never been to Thomastown.
Speaker 1: Went with the police Williamstown, remember police diving? And then I went to the wrong town, Wrong town, Thomas TOWNIL.
Speaker 3: Thomas sounds beautiful. I've never ever heard you mention it.
Speaker 4: And then when you said I love Thomas Jason, now it's really leaving his subburb.
Speaker 2: Don't get me started, all right? Coming up next, guys, that was the.
Speaker 4: Most Chase Hawkins of all time? Did you say I love Thomas Town? And Clinton and I looking at each other like I don't believe he's ever been to Thomas I.
Speaker 2: Know you're right, I haven't, but Williams Town cracking.
Speaker 3: You should go on the weekend, long weekend, go for a drive.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 1: You've probably flown over Thomas Town.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, do you know where Thomas Town is?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: Not in Williamstown. We are doing words you can't say. Remember, we're laughing with you, not at you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Over the fond they would have been chatting about Fondu, so they would have been chatting about fuel crisis. You could have done a whole decastation decas station and you wouldn't run out of me.
Speaker 3: A decastation.
Speaker 1: What's the big station?
Speaker 2: Everything you can eat carstrated? Dare I say this is the O G securtary board. Chuck chuck change, you call it chuckery? What did you call it? That was supposed to be callers from the last time we.
Speaker 1: Did that again, Let's dress we're not laughing at you, We're laughing with him.
Speaker 4: Decast station is one of my favorite SECURTERI board. I'll get you, I mean going diving in Thomastown.
Speaker 3: I'll get you. There's no need to set it right, completely landlocked. You've had some doozies today.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten words you can't can't say, give us a call, and we've got kinder easter hampers to go and return. We'll hit the vanes next and over easily. Quiet, I'm hunting weapons. It's words you can't say we're laughing with you, not at you.
Speaker 3: All right, Jason is the king of this segment.
Speaker 2: Brad, good morning, Good morning guys. How are we good? Use your word and the sentence for us, Brad. We'll try and work out.
Speaker 8: So Nemo lives in an enemy Well.
Speaker 3: I didn't even understand the first word of that broad What did.
Speaker 2: You say, Nemo finding lives in an enemy? Enemy aquarium?
Speaker 7: An enemy?
Speaker 3: That that orange treating in the in the coral, it's a seat, an enemy, an enemy I've never even heard of an enemy?
Speaker 2: And then habitat is it not? Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've actually never seen finding them?
Speaker 2: What just keep swimming? I've never keep.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: But Door is the one who has no memory.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, and it's how I'm voicing it, or is.
Speaker 3: It I've never seen.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she's canceled, uncanceled, she redeemed herself.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just thought anymore.
Speaker 1: She's in the UK as well, she's young, She.
Speaker 3: Anywhere anywhere can hook you out.
Speaker 2: With a family past doing Melbourne Aquarium, MAKEU so.
Speaker 3: We can go and see did you mean to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? In counter Melbourne's new saltwater croc at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium. You can book now and kids go half priced. Have they got a new croc brand new sult?
Speaker 3: How big is it.
Speaker 7: Is a she?
Speaker 3: Do you know it's a she just because it's big?
Speaker 2: Saying don't do that?
Speaker 3: Don't you have any that is a point to any information other than.
Speaker 1: To be big that you were worried about Ellen getting canceled?
Speaker 3: Anyway, A big scary she Crocodile Life Aquarium.
Speaker 2: No, they just put it in meat.
Speaker 3: It's a baby. Where did it come from the ocean? It's a boy called long.
Speaker 1: Anyone, thank goodness for that.
Speaker 3: It's a big scary boy. See the big boy, See the big boy.
Speaker 1: Let's say good morning to Ariel. Good morning, Hi, Hi Ariel. Is there a word you can't say?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: I went into park in New York and still a lot of skills.
Speaker 3: You went to Central Park in New York and you saw a lot of hell squirrels.
Speaker 4: Squirrels, squirrels, squirrels are your adorable area?
Speaker 3: Are you going to Central Pass?
Speaker 2: We're going to hook you out with a family past the Lunar Park for the holidays.
Speaker 1: Oh, how good area?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten words you can't say cut her off.
Speaker 3: Quite quick with it. Put on your chase loves talking to kids on the show.
Speaker 1: What do you want to hate kids?
Speaker 3: She's gone, she's hung up. She doesn't want to talk to you either.
Speaker 4: Hey, Taylor and Clyde, good morning, good morning. Do you have a word you can't take? Can you put it in a sentence for us?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: We talk about renumination. No, this is a tricky one. Renumeration.
Speaker 2: Renumeration.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I also work in recruitment.
Speaker 2: That's a drama.
Speaker 4: Go again renumination now, oh now, I can't say remuneration.
Speaker 1: You you got to get the new, try again.
Speaker 10: Written new, renewment, renewment, renation.
Speaker 2: Have you got kids at home for the holidays?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I do have an Oh, well you can be the cool auntie. I'll hook you up with the family past a bounce, love it, thank you, no worries. The ultimate action arena to test your physical limits and unlock your best performance.
Speaker 4: The school holidays holidays another word you can't say, these school holidays.
Speaker 1: As today, it's.
Speaker 2: Been a joy anywhere in the spot she's in lays good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning. You're having his socket today?
Speaker 2: How old are you done? Okay, and use your word in the sentence.
Speaker 10: My favorite take away to write chuckie.
Speaker 3: Chickens, or at least say it again. It's what.
Speaker 12: My favorite takeaway is, can fry chucky chicken, can fried chunky chicken.
Speaker 3: She's got it all mangled up. That's so sweet, she's got all tangled up.
Speaker 1: I think at least maybe to say, KFC, yes, would you like something.
Speaker 3: For the school holidays?
Speaker 4: Elise?
Speaker 3: What have you got for release? For Aloise? Have a good day? Hold on, Elise, hang on. Jase is going to give you a price.
Speaker 2: Do you know? Don't go anywhere I left chatting with you.
Speaker 1: At least do you want to ask Uncle Jace what he's got in his prize cupboard? Do you want to say that, Uncle Jace? What have you got in your prize cupboard?
Speaker 10: Uncle Jason?
Speaker 8: Have you got in your price?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you asked, because Lauren and Quinn have absolutely nothing. But I am going to give you a family pastor lunar park. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, just remember he thought your name was Aloise, and you.
Speaker 2: Tell Aloise I'm going to give her a kinder Easter hamper?
Speaker 1: Are you getting two prizes?
Speaker 2: You have a kinder Easter hamper as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you have a great asa.
Speaker 2: What a kiddy.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty six AFL gather Out. It's a festival of footing in South Australia from April nine to twelve. Load up the crew and hit the road with Toyota playing your journey Gatheround It AFL Jason Lawrence road trip.
Speaker 3: I won't you take me to gather Round?
Speaker 2: One of my favorite trips last year we did on the show was to South Australia to gather Ound.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. It's such a fun week. I mean Adelaide pops off that week.
Speaker 2: What was the talk during the week They were trying to secure it for a number of years ahead.
Speaker 1: They're in the AFL and Andrew Dillar and in discussions to extend it beyond next year, which is when they're contracted.
Speaker 2: I think the benchmarks has to, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Adelaide's such a good spot to do it as well, because you can, like we can drives a road trip.
Speaker 2: There's a giant they use one of the fields out there, a winery hover.
Speaker 3: They construct it they actually specifically for that.
Speaker 2: Which is awesome. Even when you get off the plane, like if you ended up flying, you're not driving when you get off the plane. Remember they had the brass band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mar they do it very very well South Australia. And you could be going. We have trips to go together. Our not just trips.
Speaker 4: Now you're doing road trip over. So we're going to give you the Toyota Tundra to drive over. We can give you fifteen hundred bucks spending cash. Oh, we're going to give you accommodation tickets to a couple of footy games over there, some accommodation in adelaide a winery, accommodation along the way, Like, what a trip, and.
Speaker 3: Then we'll fly you home.
Speaker 1: Perfect, perfect, leave the car there and it is.
Speaker 2: Going too.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Georgia, you got a screamer. Hey, Georgia, who you got with you?
Speaker 3: I've got my friend a week Georgia, the trip is yours, my friend work.
Speaker 12: What did you say?
Speaker 10: We took work of.
Speaker 1: Georgia.
Speaker 2: I go for three.
Speaker 3: You're just excited about a fun weekend away exactly.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, have a wonderful time. How many friends can she take?
Speaker 2: Jase, So to you and three friends?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much, we're taking work off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you are going to have a ripping time. Make sure you give us call after let us know stories.
Speaker 10: I will thank you so so much.
Speaker 3: All right, you drive carefully, have a great.
Speaker 2: Time and then we will fly you home to you are leaving the airport's quite grim after the weekend.
Speaker 1: After a night out.
Speaker 2: Remember we left, I remember I think.
Speaker 4: When I left, Quint stand Away and Karl Stefanovic were lying on the floor because they've been kicked out of the quantas.
Speaker 1: We were getting on the plane, and you too look doubt because we were behaving badly. But we were plus ones, Lawrence plus one and Carl was Sarah's plus one and to leave we flew back.
Speaker 3: To Melbourne and you two are going to Sydney and the flight was to Laate or something.
Speaker 2: Just sitting on the floor, twisted like there's a meeting of the Today Show host.
Speaker 3: Clinton Carl who had not much sleep times too.
Speaker 1: A bit of breaking footing news as well, which has just come through on the Today Show. Ryan Pappenhaus and remember him from the store, Pappy.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of him, Ryan Pappenhaus.
Speaker 1: And he retired from NRL. He's just signed with the Tasmania Devils.
Speaker 3: Why did the AFL keep doing that?
Speaker 4: They did that with the Gold Coast when they started, they signed some NRL players across, didn't they?
Speaker 2: I think? So when's the Devil start again next year?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Well, the devil's in the detail because it was an April Fool joke that it wasn't mine, it was shit.
Speaker 3: That's two strikes for Channel nine with the crappy April falls.
Speaker 1: Jokes flash up as breaking news and I'm like Ohn and Sinka.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've never heard of that person.
Speaker 2: Come on, is he real or is that part of the April Fool? Alex Warren Fever dream, Good morning, this is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well and guys, very important day coming up on Friday on the Melbourne calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, the Australian calendar really is. It's massive.
Speaker 4: It is Good Friday and the Good Friday Appeal for the Royal Children's Hospital here in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Which is an institutionally it's just a beautiful tradition.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've ever had to step foot into the Royal Children's Hospital you will know what an extraordinary place it can be, what a terrifying place it can be, and what an inspiring place can.
Speaker 1: Plays a comfort in many respects as well.
Speaker 3: It's all of those things all in one, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Clinton? Now, I know things are tight at the moment. It's you know, it's not cheap to live in Victoria, but any little bit help, So please give where you can. And our next guest, Loss is going to help with. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The next person I'd like to introduce you to his a friend of mine. Kids and I've both known her for a long time. She's a wonderful mom, a wonderful business woman, and she has been through it with her beautiful son, Raffi.
Speaker 3: Nicole Rocky, good morning, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 3: It's great to see you, guys. It's so nice to see. First of all, tell us about Raffi. Yeah, it was a bit of a bit of a tricky start.
Speaker 14: I guess Raffi was two and a half when he was diagnosed with leukemia, which is a really confronting time.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 14: We sort of had a few tests because he was feeling a little bit and well over a few weeks and yeah, it was like a blood test we went in for at the Royal Children's Hospital and we'll call back that afternoon. And given that diagnosis, how.
Speaker 4: As a parent do you even comprehend that kind of information when you're being told you two year old has lukemia.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I didn't think I'd be having that conversation ever about any of our children of Raffi or Flossi. So it was very confronting news to receive from the doctor. I honestly didn't believe what he was he was telling me at that moment. But then I guess the pieces started to fall together, like they obviously explain the symptoms.
Speaker 13: And.
Speaker 14: I guess, yeah, I think the hardest part was just the plan moving forward. I think adrenaline kicks in and all you want is to get is to make sure that your your son's healthy, and well.
Speaker 2: There's such little people.
Speaker 1: How did you feel that in that moment? Obviously you say instinct kicked in, the adrenaline kicks in, but you know this is a truly emotional time for you and for your husband as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I think it was really hard because it was during COVID as well. Like Matt and I couldn't actually be together at the hospital, so I think as I was getting the diagnosis in the hospital, Matt was actually talking to our doctor at home. So then we sort of just called each other and it was just like the world had ended. And I don't really have a great understanding of medical things.
Speaker 3: Nor should you have to. You'd have to understand this thing. Yeah, so it was really hard to grasp.
Speaker 14: But the best thing is that, like the doctors and the nurses are on it straight away and they do everything they can in their power to comfort you and the kids and make sure that you know the journey forward as best as.
Speaker 1: It can be. One thing we can do right here, right now is heat praise on the enormous and wonderful work at the Royal Children's Hospital. Does it still take your breath away sort of just marveling at what they do and how much did they help in that moment?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Absolutely, you know, like just being in there, like you know, obviously there were some children that were there while Raffi was there, and to see that they've also overcome their illnesses and to see them now as five six year old kids is just amazing. I remember asking the nurses at the time, like, this is amazing that you can be here every day and do what you do, because for me, I think I'd be an emotional wreck and I wouldn't be able to cope. But she said that, you know, thankfully, with all of the money that goes into the research and the life saving equipment, there are a lot of miracles that happen and come out of oncology.
Speaker 3: So we are very very lucky.
Speaker 4: But then as a mum, you've got a two year old who doesn't understand what's going on and can't understand why yesterday he was on the playground and today he's sitting in the hospital.
Speaker 2: How was Rafi understanding that he's got to go in there and stay in there? And because I was mentioned that's not easy to explain to a.
Speaker 14: Kid, No, absolutely not, And I think even now, like it's like I asked Rafi's oncologists, it's kind of like, oh, like, how do I explain things to him?
Speaker 3: And it's sort of you have to meet them where they're at at their age.
Speaker 14: So being two year old, like just two years old, he sort of didn't really understand. So we just tried to make it as fun as possible for him, so unfortunately, it was a lot of iPad time, lots of PRESI he's.
Speaker 3: Just lots of support.
Speaker 14: You do what you've got to do to get by, Yes, exactly right, Yes, So a lot of support friends and family and then and I think for him now, the best part of what I do is that he gets to see this and experience it. And for him it's I've just seen him grown in the confidence that he's achieved the last few years. It's just been amazing to watch.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, fast forward to today, how is the little man doing? How are you and Matt doing? How's Fossy doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, and here's the thing you've got. You've got other children here to look after, to take care of.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's an entire undertaking for a family.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, And look, honestly, we're very lucky. We're fortunate we don't live too far away from the children's hospital.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of support.
Speaker 4: Every parent I've ever met who has spent time in the Royal Children's Hospital looks at another parent and thinks, oh gosh, they've got it worse. It's just it's this incredible sense of perspective that something like this gives you, which is just horrible. You have to do that, right, But I guess they're the ways we survive and we cope and we try and look at the positives in things.
Speaker 3: And on a positive note, Rafi's doing well now. Yeah, Rafi is awesome.
Speaker 14: As I said, like he's into soccer, basketball, footy, he just loves it.
Speaker 4: You're fundraising now for the Royal Children's Hospital. Tell us about what you're doing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we obviously started personally fundraising for the Rauch's Hospital for the Good Friday phel and over the years we've expanded and this year is our biggest yet. We're now our fundraising for every state and every children's hospital in Australia including New Zealand, so we've we've gone international as well.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot happening this year.
Speaker 14: But it's all very exciting and everyone is committed, from our team at Bami Mini to the store staff at Chemist Warehouse to the corporate head office staff CW, like everyone is just getting behind it and the support has been amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, so your brand is Bambi Mini, right, and you're selling socks correct.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't love a bright fun Oh there they are love.
Speaker 14: Oh god, we've got our Smiley squad and Daisy chain so adults and kids.
Speaker 3: Or we've got well, it depends the size of your whole. Basically you can fit into these.
Speaker 14: You could probably fit in the nine twelve squeezing there and Flint will so a few together for you so you can buy them at chemist were correct, So they're four.
Speaker 3: All proceeds go direct to the charities.
Speaker 1: There's a little note from Raffi with a oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: The thing I just wanted to bring up. And I'm a dad of three young kids, and I know there's a lot of parents listening to your story and you sit there and you go, oh God, you sort of find it hard to relate without going through it yourself. But I think the thing you run has to remember is you don't know when this could happen to your own you know, like, God forbid, I could be in the hospital with one of the boys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Life can change. Yes, absolutely yeah, And I think.
Speaker 2: That's the thing to remember.
Speaker 1: So your Good Friday appeal is on. Please support the appeal itself, and you can do so via these super socks.
Speaker 3: Well done, Nick, You're great mom and the thank you yeah.
Speaker 2: Available in chemist warehouse. Go and grab him. Tell raft we said hello, thank you, jumping on, thank you. Let's go. We're wrapped up outcast. Stay good morning, Melbourne. Our number is thirteen twenty four to ten. If you want to score some passes to keep the kids busy these school holidays, we've got a stat to go.
Speaker 1: Where can we send them?
Speaker 2: We can send them anywhere. This is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here too. We've got everything. A que passes, Luna Park family.
Speaker 3: Passes, Yes, bounce clean correct, Yeah, go boat, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Not the moondow.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: School holiday run out sale.
Speaker 4: Well, school holidays are expensive, so let's shout some people from school holiday far, shall we.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, Clint, I've been once. Yeah, it's very hardcore. You know who I feel for the staff work there on an early Saturday Sunday morning, they've had a big night.
Speaker 3: Well, I just don't. I just don't think you would. I just taught yourself.
Speaker 2: I've been there before and watched a guy sweating out on the trampoline they actually jump. Yeah, they have to bounce around and make sure all the kids are behaving.
Speaker 3: Injuries about no trampoline not what they used to be, they're not.
Speaker 1: I did go to a Ninja Warrior course once and for you, well, a bit of both, and there were injuries there.
Speaker 2: You injured yourself in the idea the Ninja worry course, you injured yourself one was that? The adult one?
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 1: It was again a bit of a mixer b Aults doing children's ninja. It was weekend today and I fell off one of those things. You got to jump into the little pods. You jump from one to the next, next, and then the big swinging log comes through and.
Speaker 2: Cleans you up. I got cleaned up like wipe out. Remember the big balls they jump on the bouts straight off you know. They filmed that.
Speaker 3: It was wipe out.
Speaker 2: I think James Bradshaw was the commentator for James. Yeah, it was like the big inflatable balls and they jumped down and off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and that thing it's swing around to jump over it or climb under it.
Speaker 2: But they had that course. I think it was South Africa. They built it and everyone would fly and film their local Yeah, because if they didn't hear in Australia, you wouldn't be lad because the insurance people actually so they would just film it in another country. Good insurance around.
Speaker 3: Didn't Yeah, yeah, yeah love it.
Speaker 2: Catherine and Epping, good morning, Hi, how are you? We're good?
Speaker 3: Ho rugrats? You got to entertain I've got four looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to it.
Speaker 10: I actually do love the school holidays.
Speaker 2: Where would you do?
Speaker 1: You heard what we had on offer? Where would you like to send the kids? Luna Park aquarium? Bounce otherwise go?
Speaker 10: I reckon, My kids would freak out with Luna Park. We do take them to kill the client off.
Speaker 3: They always like, there you go your family past to Luna Park.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 4: The weather's good too, great time to go to learn it is actually Olivia, good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How many kids do you have?
Speaker 2: I've got three girls?
Speaker 3: Wow? Are the galleys? Are your bouts? Family? I've got aquarium passes or the aquarium?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 10: Anie, we are doing the city stay this weekend, so maybe the aquarium.
Speaker 3: Is right fine, done.
Speaker 2: We're going to hook you up for the family past to go and check out Melbourne's new saltwater Crockets, Sea Life, Melbourne Aquary.
Speaker 1: Oh here what's his name again?
Speaker 2: You can book now and kids go half priced.
Speaker 3: We know it's a boy, a boy, Crocodile's a boy, big boy. Start to the seat, boy cocky Crocosaurus.
Speaker 2: Hey, Olivia, you enjoyed that? Okay? Good luck for the holidays.
Speaker 3: Thank you a great time, have a good city, stay ca. That's fun.
Speaker 2: We will pray for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being.
Speaker 2: Clint's fallen for another April Fool's Day gig?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's baslinka. He's shaved off the locks. Thinks much better, doesn't he? If?
Speaker 3: Do you think that's fake? Is that April for?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: What time is the cutoff?
Speaker 1: They said? One less headband at gm hbo A Stadium.
Speaker 2: The Victorian police came out and said they now have a hot air balloon squad where they're going to be.
Speaker 4: Seriously, are we the only people not doing April Fools gag on our Instagram?
Speaker 3: Radio's doing it and they're.
Speaker 2: All lay the April Fools Day grench.
Speaker 3: On the April full Stay Grench.
Speaker 13: I hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it so much.
Speaker 2: What did you fall for? You saw?
Speaker 1: Ryan Pappenhausen from the storm signing for the Tasmani Devils in the AFL.
Speaker 2: It was in the Jetstone one. What do they do? They've installed like it's like an exercise bike in front of your seat. Everyone's got a pedal to keep the plane pedal.
Speaker 3: Power like stone to save on field.
Speaker 1: Don't they do that somewhere? And you're on a tramp and everyone's riding a bike and drinking a beer.
Speaker 2: Everyone's riding on the outside.
Speaker 3: Can you go on the tramp or.
Speaker 2: What is it a bus or something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think the power is the or something doesn't.
Speaker 2: That's why they're peddling.
Speaker 5: So we are out of here.
Speaker 2: Big show tomorrow to wrap up the week. We'll have a stat more tickets to give away to hook out for the school holidays.
Speaker 1: Nicklas Watson's here as well of a big weekend of footage.
Speaker 3: You can't wait for Easter Monday, Hawks and Cats. You bring your memorabiliya.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: I've got it sitting here already.
Speaker 2: Stuff signed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my nephew really he's playing for the Hawthorn Sits and they're brown and gold. So I brought in his little jersey ready to get signed.
Speaker 3: Proply first, tiny little Jersey, that.
Speaker 2: Final trip for four to gather around up for grabs. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, have a day, Jason, Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.
Speaker 7: I