Speaker 1: Get a bushy here and welcome to the most talked about podcast on the planet. Now this episode slight gear change, no world leaders today. Yeah, probably a good idea. Now, a lot of you have been saying, Bushie, I'd love to visit Australia. However, there are too many things that can kill me, and you're right there are. However, they're not all bad. So today this bushy she's going out in the bush. Now. I know how to wrangle a one. I'd love serpent. But today I'm bringing a famous snake catcher called Step so we can hang out with the other snakes, you know, the friendly ones and the venomous bastards.
Speaker 2: So let's go hit the bush.
Speaker 1: Step steal it, snake catcher. You've been doing this for a long time. How long have you been wrestling snakes? I mean aside from the teenage years.
Speaker 3: Obviously, well we won't talk about that, but I've been doing it for around thirteen years here on the Sunny.
Speaker 1: Cost thirteen years. Yes, So how many snakes do you reckon you've had in your hands?
Speaker 3: I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 4: I've probably had ten.
Speaker 1: Thousand thousand snakes.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a lot. I'm well adversed with snakes.
Speaker 1: You'd have a lot in common with Bonnie Blue.
Speaker 3: Well, I probably have. I don't know if I've had as many snakes in twenty four hours as Bonnie Blue.
Speaker 1: No, maybe not.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's something I can aim for.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm going to run through a list of snakes, and I want you to tell me if they're friendly or if they're an asshole. So you just say friendly or asshole.
Speaker 4: We'll put that fvenomous.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, all right, because.
Speaker 4: I don't think any snakes an asshole.
Speaker 1: They're an asshole if they buy you. All right, here's the list.
Speaker 4: Brown, asshole. But I think they're friendly.
Speaker 1: You're as bad as Larry Aander.
Speaker 3: I've got to politically correct here.
Speaker 1: I just say asshole, carpet piping friendly. Friendly.
Speaker 4: The most common snake.
Speaker 1: That we get green tree snake. Friendly, but not in South Africa.
Speaker 4: I think that's a different one. Oh, like a green mamba.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're bad. Yeah, assholes, they're the assholes, Mulga snake.
Speaker 3: They're venomous, So you could say.
Speaker 1: Asshole on what scale from one to ten? Are they assholes?
Speaker 3: Down the list? But the amount of venom they can inject all.
Speaker 1: Right, so they really pump it in. That's not nice? Is that? So you go to hospital? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, If you don't go to hospital, you're probably dead.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, do whip snake?
Speaker 3: No, they're pretty friendly. I've been bitten by whip snake. They are venomous, but they're terrified of us.
Speaker 4: Very hard to catch, yep, very hard to catch. If you try and catch a whip snake in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck. Really, you've got to be fast like gout gout. Yeah, okay, is fast too, He's fucking fast. What about the bandy bandy snake?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Friendly, one of the coolest snakes around.
Speaker 1: I saw one of them once.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It looked like a painting.
Speaker 3: Oh and they do a really cool display too, like a threat display.
Speaker 4: If I feel defensive.
Speaker 1: Well, he wasn't defensive. We were just chilling.
Speaker 4: He must have liked you.
Speaker 1: He did tell you what to make a nice belt, though. Can I say that? La la la la la la? All right, won't say that. What about a red belly black snake?
Speaker 4: I like red bellies. They're friendly.
Speaker 5: They're not fucking friendly. Stup, they're very very venomous. We're going to have like pull me tourists coming over and they're going to be like, oh, look at that pretty red belly black snake. STU said that they're friendly, so I'm going to give it a pat.
Speaker 1: Oh I fucked.
Speaker 3: We've got too many tourists over here. Or is that too political? Sorry, don't pat red bellies.
Speaker 1: Don't pat red belly? All right? The death adder? Are you going to tell me that the death adder? This is not a Tarot card reading where the death card is actually a rebirth death adder. Surely their name suggests what they are.
Speaker 3: They're a venomous snake, so there your words, not mine.
Speaker 6: An asshole, asshole, all right, A small eyed snake. No, like they're highly venomous too, okay, assholes, tigers, asshole but they're pretty out, they're really pretty.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I'm not going to go out and stomp on them.
Speaker 6: That'd be a bad I don't want people thinking snakes or assholes.
Speaker 1: No, because it's like sharks there. You know, they're only assholes if they oh, if they need to be, if the pointy end gets you.
Speaker 3: If you mess with a snake, yeah it'll be an asshole. But if you don't, they're friendly.
Speaker 1: They just slither away. Don't one kids, don't pat snakes. I want to keep it light, but I am fascinated. What's the worst death from a snake? Like, what's the worst way to go?
Speaker 4: I hope I never experience it.
Speaker 3: For starters, put that on the record, but.
Speaker 4: No, a few of my colleagues being bitten.
Speaker 3: But one story went along the lines of a colleague of bitten in the underarm by a coastal taiepan was handing it, handling it and obviously shot up in there. Now, when it comes to snake bite first day, that's where you don't want the venom. That's why the whole point of wrapping your arm is to stop it from getting to your lymph nose. But when it goes bang straight on the lymph nose, that's not a good scenario. So within minutes he's like vomiting, shitting himself. Oh, blood coming from.
Speaker 1: Everything, bleeds, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Essentially yeah, depending on the snake and the species. But and then in and out of consciousness.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up. How long did that take?
Speaker 3: This all happened within like fifteen twenty minutes, and then they had to try and get him to the hospital, and thankfully survive.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 3: And like, the problem with snake bite and venom and being bitten is that it's not just you know, get through it, get the hospital, get any venom you're okay. You can affect you for the rest of your life, like your taste, your smell, your sight, feeling.
Speaker 1: He's got no taste in it outfits anymore? Does he wear stupid outfits? He does, That's what's happened.
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for him.
Speaker 1: That's bad. But how did he so we got bitten? He knew he was in a lot of trouble. So who did he call straight away?
Speaker 4: I think he had some mates with him.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's good, so they knew what.
Speaker 3: You never get bitten alone if you're going to get bitten.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of actresses have been told to do that as well. Don't go in on your own with a snake. Always have a witness. Did you hear about the baby snake? And he was talking to his dad snake? He said, hey, Dad, are we venomous? He's like, yeah, son, He's like, all right, are we really venomous? Yes, son, We're actually the most venomous snake in the world. He's like, oh shit, I bit my tongue. It's good, it's my dad, Joe. What else do you get called out to get out of houses? Like we all see the Bond movies where they put him in a pit with laced more monitors. Do we have those?
Speaker 3: Yes, we get those in houses as well. Usually they're in chicken coops though, ripping apart chickens.
Speaker 1: Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 3: Now, we all like chicken.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get bitten by one of those, do you know?
Speaker 3: I actually think they're more dangerous than a brown snake.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I call them the triple threat because you've got claws, you've got a tail, and they can tap.
Speaker 4: Do you got that's it? Very good at it?
Speaker 1: Now? The non bastard snakes because they bite.
Speaker 3: Two all snakes can bite.
Speaker 1: What does it feel like being bitten by a snake? Is it like a kitten, you know, or a puppy when they've got little shit?
Speaker 3: No, it's probably think of like getting a needle, right, you need to go give blood or something, but then.
Speaker 1: Times fifty fifty jabs at once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bank, all right, it's not too bad. It hurts a little bit.
Speaker 1: You get called to get out snakes and stuff like that. What else do you get called to get out of houses?
Speaker 3: So not neighbors. We don't deal with people and can't kick out x's or anything like that.
Speaker 1: All right, so Locky neels safe.
Speaker 4: Hey, my team's Geelong, so high five for that joke.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I've been caught out for spiders before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, giant huntsman's and people's houses.
Speaker 1: They will pay you money to get a huntsman out of the house. Can we give our viewers listeners a lesson about huntsman's Can you please tell them in fact down the battle look at your camera, tell them that they are your friend.
Speaker 3: They are And I've had to do with my own brother who likes to kill huntsmen and it pisses me off every single time he does it, so I've told him not to. But they are friendly. They're not there to pick us up when we're sleeping and out and feed them, feed us to their family, and nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: And they eat the really dodgy ones, don't.
Speaker 3: They I think so? And they're eating all the insects and stuff. Some of you likes flies and shit like that in your house.
Speaker 1: When I get a huntsman in the house. I'm like, oh, I've got a friend. I had one in the house. To remember what I called it. I think I called it Dave. And he hung out with us for months and we didn't have a single bug or a single red redhead. I don't know why I'm about to get the redheads today. You know what? He got rid of those two. They came in like thanks day, now, ste what's the weirdest thing you've had to get out of a house?
Speaker 3: So I got called once up to Montfille and the lady's like, got a death add I've got a death adder in the lound room. It's underneath the coffee table. Please come up and help it. I'm like, right, oh, shut all the doors. We'll get there as soon as we can.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So we get there and this lady is like she's grabbing me. She's like pull me over towards the window, and she's like look through the window.
Speaker 4: There it is, there it is.
Speaker 3: And I'm like peering through and I can see this shadow underneath the coffee table.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, maybe there's a snake curlt up there.
Speaker 4: I go in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shit, you know what?
Speaker 4: It was a handbag.
Speaker 3: I'm not even joking.
Speaker 1: It's a dead snake. It's been pre skinned, and it says ermey.
Speaker 3: On it as you can as you can imagine her husband was staked.
Speaker 1: Now with your really venomous snakes, because you've got to release them somewhere, right, correct? Is there anyway, like, have you ever accepted any money to release it in someone's yard that you don't really like?
Speaker 3: We will often ask the person they're paying for a service, right, They've paid us to come out and relocate the snake.
Speaker 1: I like where this is going?
Speaker 3: And we can ask, hey, is there any neighbors you don't like?
Speaker 4: Is there any exes nearby?
Speaker 1: Have you been real?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not, but I'll use it as a joke. We like to be comedic from time to time. And I'll be like, Hey, is there any neighbor you don't like around here?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yeah, can you take it over there? I was like, I'm joking. They were dead.
Speaker 1: Serious, serious, yeah, because I was going to say, there's a chick called Carli used to pick on me on the bus in high school because I was still collecting barbies and I wouldn't mind a brown or a death add or some shit in the outside of laundry.
Speaker 3: There's certain government agencies and council officers.
Speaker 4: I've thought about it. Can I say that? And I probably can't.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, no, government's fair game. You can just go to the government. They get paid to put up with. Well, just us given them with enough.
Speaker 4: Snakes there anyway. I guess you don't want to over populate.
Speaker 1: No you don't, Parliament House, fuck trumpers. You say when you come across the snake, yes you stay really still right?
Speaker 4: One of the options? Yes?
Speaker 1: What are the other options.
Speaker 4: To move? To?
Speaker 3: Move to run away?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Opposite direction ideally not at the snake, no other way?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Zig zag?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can run away? Yes, because I must admit a few times I've come across the brown, I have run in the opposite direction and created a brown of my own. That's good, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: They paid me the big bucks. Still, I'm not here for the educational purposes.
Speaker 4: No, I can see that.
Speaker 1: Now. There's an Ikea pillow case over there, and it's been moving the entire interview.
Speaker 4: Did you bring that?
Speaker 1: Now? I did not bring that. This is your pre prepared one. No, I don't know what I know there's a snake in it.
Speaker 3: Bring it over, Greg, Well, don't touch it there. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I love it. You're fucking with Greg. So this here we go. So we have a snake in here. It can't bite through, can it can? If I put on my lap? Wait? Is it venomous? Our whole? Friendly?
Speaker 4: Friendly?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll put him on my lap. Now, don't you bite me?
Speaker 3: I think so? The heather said it was friendly.
Speaker 1: Now steal it.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've got to call out I did.
Speaker 1: Where are we going?
Speaker 4: We're going a bedroom. We're going to get what a python on the move, So we're going to probably going.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go catch some snakes. I'll grab the bag and the gear and I'll go and grab it by the neck and catch it with my cleavage. All right. Okay, so we've been called out to catch snake that's been hanging out in the staffroom. We've scared the shit out of the shielders. Thank you. So I'm I'm the bag lady. Where is he? Oh man, he's in camouflage.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Have you got a ladder?
Speaker 3: Ladder?
Speaker 1: All right? So what's happened is for the podcast listeners is there's a fat carpet snake up in the apex of the roof. Normally you would squeeze him through the gap, but he's too fat, So we're going to have to poke his ass and get him to come out the other end where Stu will be the catcher with the back. And meanwhile, I need to not flash my nickers to the camera. There we go a little harder, all right, he's like.
Speaker 4: To get him moving.
Speaker 1: This is the prick of a job. Why do you do this? He does not want to let go stuck. It's getting the ladder. Nope, come on, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Got a very strong tail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their tails.
Speaker 1: He keeps trying to hook it on everything off. I go go go, oh, you go on out. Nice work, quick, let's go see it.
Speaker 4: How good?
Speaker 3: So it's quite proved it's unharmed, which is the main thing.
Speaker 4: We just had to be nice and gentle.
Speaker 1: With my gentle bonking great work, bushy.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 1: It's like something now you twisted, ye and then twist and then you go, fucking how good am I what you do?
Speaker 4: How good?
Speaker 1: There we go?
Speaker 4: Great work? How good? Did you see the difference between me and either Yeah you were rough, Get out of there, yeah,