Speaker 1: Live on Skynes, Australia. This is d Nika di Georgio.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the show. Coming up tonight, the Coalition does the net zero hokey pokey half in, half out after a meeting in Canberra today to discuss omissions reductions? Has anything actually been achieved? A day ago, all Victorians were equal. What a difference a day makes. As the state passed its treaty bill dividing people by the color of their skin, and King Charles strips Prince Andrew of his remaining royal title, evicting his brother from the Royal Lodge, will go live to the UK for the latest shortly for first tonight. Victoria is officially cooked. After more than fifty four percent of Victorians said no to the divisive voice to Parliament. Premier sin To Allen gave her citizens a two finger salute and enhrined the state into race based politics via a treaty which passed Parliament last.
Speaker 3: Night Eyes twenty one No.
Speaker 4: Sixteen.
Speaker 1: The Council has agreed to the bill without amendment. Great.
Speaker 2: Just what a state with record crime and record debt needs a divisive treaty at a cost of tens of millions of dollars a year to the taxpayer. I mean, Victoria is already a burning inferno, so why not just add more fuel to the flames. Twenty four hours ago, all Victorians had the same rights. Twenty four hours later, that's all changed. What began as a plan to improve the lives of Indigenous Australians is now a power grab that will turn the state into two classes. And after the legislation passed, the Premier said, this is how we build a fairer, stronger Victoria for everyone. Yeah, a fair and stronger Victoria for the sixty five thousand people who identify as Aboriginal, not the overarching seven million residents of the state. There was no public debate, nobody voted for this, so why is it there? Well, according to the treaty, it's because traditional owners enjoy a sacred relationship born at the first sunrise and sustained for over sixty thousand years that can never be extinguished. It's the seven million Victorians who get to self extinguish as they are shackled down to funding. How much, well, we don't know yet, but as the Premier has previously said, everything is on the table.
Speaker 5: A whole range of other matters will be put on the table for negotiations.
Speaker 6: So I'm not in a position today to rule anything in or out about what might be considered through those treaty negotiations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know what that means, money, reparations, compensation, anything goes in Victoria. And we already got a glimpse of that this week when Saint Vincent's Hospital announced that Indigenous patients are receiving fast tracked health care at its emergency department ahead of semi urgent and non urgent patients. So treating patients by race. This division is being forced upon us. And as I said, nobody ever voted for this, and now it's about to get a whole lot worse under treaty and watch the state change pretty swiftly. Under this, a new Indigenous representative body called gellung Wall will elect its thirty three council members. Oh and if you're part of the ordinary seven million Victorians, you get to pay for it to the tune of seventy million dollars a year. So what will happen in the short term? While in schools, children between prep and year ten will be indoctrinated into truth telling curriculum never mind, English, maths or science. The Indigenous Body will oversee training programs and guidelines for public servants to ensure they are culturally capable, move over goals and KPIs and welcome the brave, rare and full new world of cultural capability, where the body will then monitor public servants. I mean, will bureaucrats be doomed to a daily welcome to country under these new workplace cultural capability rules. The new body will mandate that government departments consult on programs affecting Indigenous people, require new legislation be assessed for treaty compatibility, and establish a new naming authority for geographical features. So it's like when you travel with Quantus. You know, you look at the board and it says you're flying to Balloo, when all you want to know is that you're flying to Perth and that you're actually at the right gate. So if you don't speak or read an Indigenous language, too bad, confusion continues. Oh, and there's more. The group will be given a dedicated named rome in Victorian Parliament, So a parliament within a parliament. That's what it sounds like to me. While the treaty legislation states the body does not limit the power of State Parliament. It provides Gelong Wall with broad and undefined powers, with the intention that they evolve over time. You can see where this is going. Can't you one set of rules for one group and one set of rules for another. I think it's appalling legislation.
Speaker 7: Victoria En Masse voted against the Voice against treating Australians differently based on their skin color. This treaty in Victoria is giving certain rights and privileges to one group of Australians over another.
Speaker 2: And this is just the start. It's the Victorian taxpayer. He's going to cop the repercussions of treaty every day, hardworking citizens who've done nothing wrong but have been made out to be the enemy and as the people responsible for any injustice so that Jacina Allen can feel good about herself. This is race based politics and it's been forced upon you by left wing governments who are tying themselves in knots of guilt. And it's not just Victoria. South Australia has a First Nation's Voice to Parliament despite only ten percent of Indigenous voters turning out for its State Voice election ten percent and South Australia claimed it was a great result and went ahead anyway. So what's next. I mean, it started with preferential hospital treatment. It's about to infect schools and workplaces and state parliament and inevitably laws and regulations and for you, you'll have to cough up the money. Now, what's clear is left leaning, woke governments won't stray away from this separatist agenda despite the will of Australians. It's the type of division that sixty percent of us said no to. I mean, we aren't some sort of apartheid country, but Victoria is there. Could the message of the voice vote have been any more clearer? Apparently not. The political elites have decided for you, unless, of course, you're one of the sixty five thousand who identify as Aboriginal in Victoria. Well, what is a woman? Apparently it's a very difficult question for Australia to answer. And I really do mean Australia, because the UK knows, the US knows. Over the ditch in New Zealand, they're even doing better than us. I mean, just ask Anna Cody, Australia's Sex Discrimination Commissioner, who can't even define the first word in her.
Speaker 8: Title lesbians, trans women, non binary. There are a range of people who identify as women who are women.
Speaker 2: Did you mean that biological males can be women men?
Speaker 8: So I think that we have different language that perhaps you're using than I would use. So I don't understand the term biological men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, riddle me this. We as taxpayers are funding a sex discrimination commissioner to the tune of four hundred thousand dollars a year who doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman. Yes, this is the Australia we are living in and it's all considered normal because we do not have laws that protect women. Thanks to Julia Gillard who are mended the Sex Discrimination Act in twenty thirteen, removing the definitions of sex man and woman. So basic biology is rendered useless in this country. And that is why it was so good to finally hear a politician willing to pull back the curtains on the horrors of gender ideology. Here was liberal Senator Sarah Henderson in the Senate this week.
Speaker 9: Frankly, too many people in positions of authority have jumped aboard the politicized and ideological trans train under the false pretensions pretenses of compassion, tolerance, diversity and inclusion. The Victorian Premier to Sinta Allen is one such leader. Our Sex Discrimination Commissioner, which is meant to uphold seeks space rights, refuses to acknowledge biological sex. It's positively orwellian, but we should not be surprised. The Sex Discrimination Commissioner is part of the Australian Humor Rights Commission, which has now become an activist organization.
Speaker 2: And look, she's not wrong. How can the Sex Discrimination Commissioner claim to be an advocate for women when she doesn't even know what a woman is? And I commend Senator Henderson for speaking up. We need more politicians like this willing to come out against entrenched gender ideology. When the Senate last tried to debate restoring biological definitions in the Act in August, the Minister for Women, Katie Gallaher shut it down.
Speaker 10: We do not agree with the Senate being a place where individual harm can be done to young people across this country, and that is what would have happened had we allowed this field to proceed in the normal course, and we won't stand for it. Trans children deserve better from this chamber.
Speaker 2: The Minister for Women labeled a bill to restore women's sex based rights as harmful. Again, this is the Australia we are living in now. Senator Henderson was joined in Canberra this week by Giggle for Girls founder Sal Grover, who will join me later in the show, and even Green's co founder Drew Hutton. Did we ever think we would see a day where a Greens member or now former Green's member is pushing for the protection of women's rights and safety. And I say former because Drew Hutton has been expelled from the party for wanting to protect the rights of women. Who would have thought the left are not so tolerant after all, But look at points to something bigger. This is not a left versus right issue. Women's rights the definition of a woman. It's mainstream. It's always been non partisan. It impacts both sides of politics, and there are many on the left equally as worried about women's rights being erased. But thanks to warped gender ideology which has been politicized, as Sarah Henderson pointed out, if you talk about it, you're labeled as some sort of bigot or far right wing nut job. Now, this should not be a controversial issue. It's only been controversial for five minutes because politicians like Jacinta Allen have made it controversial. The Victorian Premier doesn't seem to think there's an issue with a male prisoner who raped his own child being housed in a women's prison because they now identify as a woman. Politicians like the Minister for Women Katie Gallaher have made it controversial. The Sex Discrimination Commissioner and A Cody has made it controversial. Now, perhaps these women should take a simple biology lesson from the movie Kindergarten Cop.
Speaker 3: Police have a penish girls.
Speaker 9: Half of that, Jaina, thanks for the tip.
Speaker 2: Yep, it really is that simple. Well. Liberal members have been thrashing out climate policy in Canberra today as the coalition works towards a position the party has to have a fight on this on net zero because the question is when a power price is going to come down and the reality is nobody knows and we're stuck on this renewables only magic carpet ride to reach a target we've been told time and time again that we won't reach. Here was Shadow Energy Minister Dan Tee, and today after several members of the coalition.
Speaker 11: Met incredibly helpful for me as I continue this process of making sure that we've got energy in omissions reduction policy that is in the national interest. And the key takeout for me is that how many things that we're united on.
Speaker 2: And Opposition leader Susan Lee was not at today's gathering and by all accounts it seems the party won't get to a net zero position before Christmas. This is what she said.
Speaker 12: And when we see this government's train wreck energy seat writ large at Tommaga Aluminium, we know that it is important that we get this right and this government has not got it right.
Speaker 2: Jody me Now for more on this is the Shadow Attorney General Andrew Wallace. Andrew, good to see you as always, Thanks for joining me. I know you weren't at today's meeting in Canberra, but it seems the coalition still doing this net zero hokey pokey. It's got one arm in, one arm out. Realistically, what has this meeting achieved in your view?
Speaker 3: Well, Janika, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 13: This was a pretty standard committee meeting for to be looking at our energy issues. Dantean is working assiduously. He's a very very good man. He's a smart man. I've got a lot of faith in dan landing this policy in the right place. It was my understanding from talking with colleagues this afternoon. It was a very very respectful meeting and there was a significant meeting of the minds amongst my colleague. I wasn't there, but that was the feedback I got, So that is good.
Speaker 3: We will keep working on this.
Speaker 13: I've said to your time and time again, Danica, we need the opportunity to get this policy right because when you look at what was announced during the week with tom Ago, as Susan said, we've now got a situation where one of in fact the largest aluminium smelter in this country is now talking to its employees and saying we have to relook at our business model here because they can't keep going as they're going.
Speaker 3: Because of their energy prices.
Speaker 13: And when the largest energy producer in this country can't make a fist of it with energy prices.
Speaker 3: That they're paying, how does mum and dad, How does.
Speaker 13: Mum and dad balance their bank budget or the budget at home with their energy prices.
Speaker 3: The answer is, of course they can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't disagree with you, I completely agree, but the reality is I mean the coalition is really tying itself in not so over this. Voters deserve a clear contest because power bills are going in the other direction, as you know, as the coalition knows Andrew, and that is the key issue here. I mean, don't voters get to have that choice?
Speaker 13: And they absolutely will get that choice. We are not even six months into this term. There's another more than two and a half years to go before the next election, and I can tell you this much, Danika, we will land a policy well and truly before that time.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that families are doing a tough.
Speaker 13: Businesses are doing it tough, from your local fish and chip shop owner right through to Tomago Eudy minium smelter. Australians across this country just having so much trouble balancing the books because of this country is because of this government's insane energy policy of putting everything on black, putting everything on our renewable energy.
Speaker 3: Now, renewable energy.
Speaker 13: Has got a part to play, but at the end of the day, it simply cannot provide industry and commerce the sort of full time energy that it needs at affordable prices. And that's the difference We used to be one of the most affordable energy producers in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and now it's sending us broken backwards in the process. Look, let's move on. Hamas wants the Australian government to remove its listing as a terror organization. Is actually filed documents in the Federal Court arguing the terror listing has breached international law, impeded ceasefire negotiations, exposed its negotiation negotiators to assassination, and provided legal cover for Israeli attacks. Andrew, I'm baffled by this. Can you actually believe that our court system is being used for this?
Speaker 3: Well? Can I believe it? Unfortunately, yes, I can believe it.
Speaker 13: Sorry about the noise of the copies, I can absolutely believe it.
Speaker 3: Daanika sadly, But.
Speaker 13: What I can say to this this is a t for Anthony Albanesi. This is a test for this federal government to instruct its lawyers to fight this application tooth and nail, because we cannot allow a situation where the government has listed as it rightly should have, Hamas as a terrorist organization in this country.
Speaker 3: We cannot allow a situation where that is attacked.
Speaker 13: Because these Hamas terrorists clearly demonstrated where they're at. On the seventh of October twenty twenty three, they killed twelve hundred innocent Israelis in cold blood.
Speaker 3: I've seen the video.
Speaker 13: I saw what they did with my own eyes, and it's seared into my brain ever since they raped and took over two hundred and fifty one hostages. We cannot allow Hamas to try and wind this back. This is a very very significant test for Anthony Albanesi and we should as a government be fighting this tooth and nail.
Speaker 2: Yet no, look, I completely agree with you. I'm baffled that this is even occurring, but you're right we shouldn't be surprised by it. Andrew, thank you very much for joining me. I have to say I enjoy the sounds of the Sunshine Coast in the birds behind you. I must say it's very on brand with where you're joining us from tonight.
Speaker 13: Denikair, if you've got time quickly for me to talk about the Daniel Morcambe.
Speaker 2: Day, very quickly tell us about it.
Speaker 13: This morning we had the Walk for Daniel to commemorate the life of Daniel Morcambe, who died twenty two years ago in Palmwoods in my hometown here on the Sunshine Coast. He was killed, of course, by a pedophile who's now serving a long time in jail. Eight thousand schools.
Speaker 3: Got together to take part in the Walk for Daniel.
Speaker 13: More than two million people across the country have been involved in this movement.
Speaker 3: Bruce and Denise morcamb.
Speaker 13: Have dedicated their lives to the dedication of Daniel's legacy. But really concerningly this week and over the last three weeks, this government has consistently rejected a private member's bill that Julie and Lisa and I have been pushing through the Parliament that will see mandatory minimum sentences increased for sex offenders charged with Commonwealth offenses, and the government continues to block this at every opportunity.
Speaker 3: It just beggars belief why they would do that.
Speaker 13: But we will keep pushing for this because pedophiles need to ensure and where's a society need to ensure that the punishment fits the crime, because that's not what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: No, I agree. I mean, as I said to you last week, I'm shocked that this isn't in law already. So it's a worthwhile cause. To keep going after Andrew Wallace, we've got to leave it there. Nice to see you as always, Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it. Well, let's get more now on the net zero debate. Jude Blick is a senior policy analyst with the Center for Independent Studies, and he joins me now in the studio. Jude, good to see you. Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Show. Look, as I just mentioned there, I mean, the Coalition is really dilly dallying on this. Labour's got us on a renewaballs only magic carpet ride. You're an expert in this field. What should the Coalition do? Do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty clear. To be honest, the Coalition should ditch net zero. Absolutely. There's two reasons for that in my view. First is the principle, I mean, net zero is built on a fundamental lae, which is that we can save the world and we can do it for free. And of course that's built on the lie of wind and soul of being the cheapest form of power, which is just very clear now that it isn't. And the second is actually politics. I mean, I think the political wins are blowing in the Coalition's favor. Here, it's two and a half years until the next election. That's two and a half years of time for people to figure out that the energy transition is not going smoothly. Bad news will come and more bad news, And I think there's a strong opportunity for the Coalition to take a strong position early. People are going to come to them, and that's going to be huge in terms of building trust.
Speaker 2: I agree, And I mean in the end, voters should have a clear cut decision. And bear in mind the Coalition took net zero twenty fifty to the last two elections and they still lost, so that there needs to be some differentiation. Absolutely, But I have to ask you in your view. I mean, there's been figures thrown up, but how much do you think it's going to actually cost us to get to net zero twenty fifty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's all kinds of different ways you can calculate this, right. I think the easiest way for me is if you look at the core government planning document, the Integrated System Plan. It tells you of all the future plans for the electricity grid in particular, and in there it's very clear we're going to triple the amount of transmission infrastructure on the grid, and we're going to quadruple the amount of generation infrastructure, So triple and quadruple all to produce the same amount of power as we have been this whole time. In fact, probably less because we're closing industry, so he's more cost onto the same amount of power. I don't see any way. But we're going to get out of this without tripling bills, to be honest, And we might not pay all of that through our bills. There's going to be government subsidies. We might pay that through taxes instead, or not us. Maybe our children or our grand children will pay that. But yeah, I don't see anyway without a tripling off bills, it's going to cost an exhorbitant amount. And that's just thectricity section of net zero. I mean, that's only thirty five percent of our society's emissions. So how on earth we're going to get around to the other sixty five percent is a huge question mark.
Speaker 2: Well, we're already paying through the roof as it is, so it's going to get worse.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, let's talk about the latest CPI data. Household electricity costs have grown by twenty three point six percent in the past twelve months. The real cost of electricity grew nine percent over the September quarter, on top of a rise of an eight point one percent in the June quarter. But Chris Bowen saying it's all progress.
Speaker 14: There is no coincidence that the quarterly report, which showed a thirty eight percent reduction in wholesale prices, also shows the highest renewable penetration for that quarter in Australian history. Mister speaker, this is the sign of progress.
Speaker 2: Well, dud, look, I know what planet the minister is on here. But it was always going to happen, wasn't it. When government subsidies and across the country have seen as well they start petering out. Consumers were always going to reap the costs. Bowen says, it's it's progress.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Well, it's no surprise that the subsidies have rolled out and we've started to see the CPI rise, and there's always a political strategy anyway to hide the costs from the Australian people until after the election. And this progress stuff from Bowen, it's beginning to sound a bit all welling in isn't it. We've heard that word already on the show. But yeah, this notion that you can just call something progress and just expect people to believe it, it's absolutely false. This it's not progress at all. It's taking our country backwards. And you know, I'm just reminded of other eras in world history where we've made colossal mistakes and called them progress. You think of Males Great leap forward, which is a massive industrial shift. And yeah, you can call something progress, but I'll believe it when I actually see it, not just by the word.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and we're not seeing that progress when you look at your power bills every quarter, you're not seeing progress, are you now, Jude, Let's talk about the Tomago aluminum smelter, high energy prices and a lack of renewable supply threatening to shut it by twenty twenty eight. Former New South Wales Minister and the head of the Climate Change Authority Keen stood at that site in twenty twenty one, claiming renewable energy would help the Hunter remain the powerhouse of New South Wales. Have a listen.
Speaker 15: I'm here with the rockstar politician itself, Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter to announce that we're opening expressions of interest the.
Speaker 2: Hunter Central Coast renewable energies.
Speaker 1: Are you excited about this talent?
Speaker 2: Matt is a great name of jobs across the Hunter.
Speaker 16: There are eighteen hundred jobs here. Tomago Alaminum Smelter alone a huge employer. But our renewable enage non policy is going to underpin reliable to pure and cheap electricity.
Speaker 9: The generations can.
Speaker 2: Come well, Jude, now more than one thousand jobs could go in the next few years. Is this another example of an Australian manufacturer that is going broke because of the renewables only fantasy?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's not just another example. It should be the example, right, I mean that quote from Keen aged horribly. Yeah, Like it's incredible just to see the dissonance there. And I think if this isn't the example, what are we waiting for? What other canary in the coal mine has to has to fall over for us to say, oh, maybe we've gone a bit too far here on this netzero thing. We've had Andrew Hasty come out recently and expressed his his I guess the appetite for Australia to be the renewable and notable. But his Yeah, did for Australia to be good at making stuff, not just a nation of manufacturing. Yeah, white makers in his opinion. And yeah, if we don't get energy right, energy is the core of this. I mean, we've got to decide what kind of a nation we want to be. So yeah, it's absolutely fundamental, it's so important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, doubt it's a shame what's going on in the Hunter. Jud Blick. Great to have you on the show. Thanks so much for coming on, Really appreciate it. Nice to meet you. Thank you well. Coming up after the break, Victoria's parliament passes a divisive treaty, ignoring the majority of Victorians who said no to the voice that more with my panel coming up next welcome back. Joining me now is New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalik and former New South Wales Police Minister David Elliott. Height of both of you. Thank you for joining me. Look, we've got to start with this Victorian treaty passing parliament in the last few hours. The Premier just Center Allen has released a statement saying last night Victoria made history the first state in the nation to pass a treaty with First Nations. People's built on truth, on respect, on trust. This is what progress looks like, what respect feels like. And this is how we move forward together, you know, Tanya, moving forward together? Well, the only people moving forward are the sixty five thousand Aboriginals in the state. What does it mean do you think.
Speaker 6: Well, all right, no, if the sixty five thousand Aboriginal people will actually benefit, I think a very select few might benefit from this, and that is those who might get a job out of it. We already know that the authority has blown out in wages and costs, and it's a five member authority with executive, with the CEO. That's already two point two million dollars just five people getting paid.
Speaker 2: It's enormous. You know, I'd like to apply. Yeah, we all.
Speaker 6: Interesting that Justint Allen talks about respect, because why does she just respect the Victorian.
Speaker 2: View on the voice and the voice.
Speaker 6: You know, every state and territory bar act said no, resoundingly said no to the voice. And this is the voice by stealth. That's what this is and what it means for Victorians, particularly for the hard earned taxpayers of Victoria, is it their money.
Speaker 2: Will be blown at this.
Speaker 6: It'll be a bottomless pit, a financial black hole. This authority we forever in the red. And where should the money be spent? How about tackling youth crime? How about actually dealing with the hospital wait list, how about dealing with infrastructure projects that are in constant industrial disputes and finishing the actual projects. There's so much better projects and programs that could be better spent in Victoria.
Speaker 3: I hope the Coalition.
Speaker 6: Are true to their word when they say they're going to repeal this within one hundred days of being elected, because that might be the election decider this issue itself.
Speaker 2: You know what, it could very well be. I think that is a very good point, Tanya and David. And we've seen other states forge ahead with their own voices to Parliament. Do you think now that we've seen a treaty in one state, we could see other labor governments go, oh, you know what, it's happened in one state, let's follow suit. Is this a warning?
Speaker 15: Well, it could be, but let's face that the Victorian Labor Party is the most left wing government in the country and there's some of the wiser labor premiers around the state, around the country will be looking at this. But I actually think this is a turning point for the coalition in Victoria. I think it's a turning point for the government in Victoria. I think this is hubris in its finest. I think your comments about trust and respect are right, because there will be the majority of Victorians who did vote no against the Voice will think that that was just a complete waste of time because the government of the day has decided that they would circumnavigate the Commonwealth and have their own I haven't seen in anything that I've read in the last seventy two hours about this legislation that is going to improve the life of one Indigenous kid. But meanwhile, the coalition down in Victoria have got an opportunity to highlight the priorities of the government and it isn't the priority of law and order. And I shout out to David Southwick. I think I think he's finally getting his message out there. The Victorians are suffering. I mean, when the labor lord mayor of Victoria of Melbourne has to employ his own private police force, you know that there's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well exactly, And that's when you know you've got big issues in the state. Now let's talk about the man formerly known as Prince Andrew, that is now just Andrew mount Batton Windsor, who has been stripped of his Prince title and is being forced out of the Royal Lodge. Of course, it comes weeks after it was announced that King Charles's younger brother would no longer use his Duke of York title. Well, you know what, good riddance, Tanya. I mean, there's been scandal after scandal with this blow. This was bound to happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, long overdue.
Speaker 6: Obviously, her Majesty, bless her soul, was never going to do it because that was her son. But credit to his majesty, the King, King Charles, who I had the great privilege and honor of meeting last year when he was here in Australia in Parliament and you could see he was unwell. You could see that he and look the fact that he even came to Australia was amazing. I think he's done the right thing by by of course the royal family, but by everyone. And it's so decisive his decision just to say that's it, no more, no more titles, no more loyal launch a thirty bedroom in a mansion that Andrew Batten Winsors had the pleasure of enjoying for thirty years.
Speaker 2: So I think it's been a decisive.
Speaker 6: Decision from the King and credit to him and to everybody that's been involved in this, because I think they needed to do this because there's been so much you know, in the media and this idea that he was going to get I think given Frogmore cottage or adelaide I mean, there was all these other talk of having you know, a negotiation or something at all too.
Speaker 2: They just couldn't do that.
Speaker 6: But well, I don't know what was true in the media, but all of that really I think got under people's skin and everybody just is happy that there's decisive decisions.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. But overall, David, I think it's it's really embarrassing for the royal family to have to do this, and I think that it was probably Prince William he said, all right, come on, we've got to move Andrew on. But what's your take on it?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean, the Royal family have proven that they're like every other family. They've got their problem children and this is at the King. He's a very very empathetic person, he's a very very genuine person. What I'm probably the greatest monarchers of modern times. And this would have happened a hundred years ago. This wouldn't because they would have covered it up. So this does show progress in our constitutional monarchy because it does show that they are not above the law.
Speaker 3: The tragedy of all this, of.
Speaker 15: Course, Danika, is that in a week's time, Princess Anne arrives in Australia and she's here to do some charitable work, and she's here in her capacity as the honoree Colonel of the Royal Australian Signals Corps. The first question she's going to get asked is going to be about her deby brother.
Speaker 1: And the tragedy is that all of the goodwill, all of the good work.
Speaker 15: All of the charitable work that the Royal family does, has been absolutely has been dwarfed by this scandal. And as far as I'm concerned, even though that he did, Sir with distinction in the Falklands, it doesn't give you a leave pass. I mean, he was there with Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein exact was Ivan Malatt. I mean, idn't be surprised that I can't believe he hangs around.
Speaker 2: With I wonder if I even went to a party at the lodge as well. I mean, everyone seemed to have been invited to the party at that line except us, and well, thank goodness for that. Now, look, I want to end on a bit of fun. Now, let's talk about your column in the Daily Telegraph today, David Ways to annoy your wife, Gee that this is a bit dangerous. You've listed burn food, put away stuff that hasn't been cleaned properly, the toilet seat, wake her up at three am. Quite an extensive list you've given.
Speaker 15: Usniki, you weren't supposed to read that column. It was specifically it was specifically identified as secret men's business. But I did have to reach out to my fellow husbands and I just highlight the fact that you know you can play, you can't fight fire with fire if necessary, and some easy tips there on how to get out of work at home and to make sure that the battle of the sexes remains an even battle.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I would agree with the toilet seat. I think that that's a definite shocker, all away stuff that hasn't been cleaned properly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hello, yes, yes, and the snoring, snoring, the snoring at three am.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, well done, David had done.
Speaker 15: What are your bet we cover the big issues on a Friday, That's what this is.
Speaker 2: Not Friday before for the heart winning issues on the Dadakity Georgia Show. Exactly. We've got to leave it there, David Elliott, Tanya Mahala, Come a good weekend. Thanks for Joe to me. We're coming up after the break. We are going to go live to the UK and get more on Andrew as he's stripped of his title and kicked out of the Royal Lodge. That's next.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I spoke earlier about how good it was to finally hear a politician willing to pull back the curtains on the horrors of gender ideology. After Liberal Senator Sarah Henderson spoke in the Senate this week. She was joined in Canberra by Giggle for Girls founder Sal Grover, who was asked by an ABC journalist, is it an extreme ideology for people to express themselves how they want to express themselves? Have a look.
Speaker 5: It is extreme to put it into law in a way that takes away other people's rights. So everybody should have the right to express themselves however they want. That's a free society. But one person's right to express themselves stops if it takes away the rights of other people in order for them to do it.
Speaker 2: And Salgrover joins me in Our Lives, sal good to see you. Look. Well, the ABC wanted a gotcha moment out of you, but look, tell us about your time in Canberra. The fact you had to go there to explain the difference between a man and a woman, I've got to say, speaks volumes about our parliamentarians.
Speaker 5: Seriously, you couldn't make it up, could you. But thank you very much for sharing that response to the ABC, because they did not so.
Speaker 3: I was asked a question by.
Speaker 5: The NABC journalist and it never went to air. And I think that's part of the problem that we've had with this sort of institutional capture in the country of media and institutions like the Sex Discrimination Commission and many politicians who are saying that men can be women and we all.
Speaker 2: Know that they're not.
Speaker 5: So basically, we went to Canberra on the invitation of Senator Sarah Henderson, was joined by Drew Hutton, who is one of the co founders of the Greens Party, and we wanted to make it very clear to everybody that this is not a left versus right issues. This is not just conservatives speaking out. I mean, there's a lot of things that Drew and I would not agree on, but on this we're in agreement and we have to be able to come together to say there's some reality that needs to be acknowledged. And one of those things is that men cannot be women, women cannot be men. Children should not be medicated with puberty blockers across sex, womans under the guise of a lie that they can change sex, and they shouldn't be taught it in schools. It's really simple, basic stuff that was actually always in law, and then everyone just went completely crazy.
Speaker 2: About ten years ago.
Speaker 5: So I'm so grateful that we actually have the opportunity to speak to some politicians finally and explain to them what not only a biological woman is, but what a biological man is, because something that the Sex Discrimination Commissioner herself could not respond to.
Speaker 2: No, Well, Anna Cody's got no idea the difference between a man and a woman. But we pay her four hundred thousand dollars a year and she doesn't know the definition of the first word in her title, so yeah, go figure. But look well done. In Canberra this week, now I want to ask you about Queensland. Their Health minister has used extraordinary powers to reissue a statewide ban on puberty blockers, hours after a Supreme Court judge ruled that the government's initial ban was made unlawfully. So common sense from the state government. But once again we've got a court making a decision on gender ideology. And this is of course something that you know all too well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, this goes back to what I was just saying of our institutions being captured and unfortunately one of those. It seems in certain circumstances it's the courts. Sometimes they are making good decisions. The Family Court has made a few good decisions. But I mean, this is such an interesting case in Queensland of basically a mother being so desperate to give potentially sterilizing drugs to her child that she went to the Queensland Supreme Court in order to make it happen. What the Queensland government has proven is that actually politicians can just step in and do the right thing. Something we have been asking federal politicians to do for years. I've been dragged through the court now for almost four years with giggle v tickle to establish what a woman is. And it's only recently that liberal politicians are actually coming to the party and really actually trying to.
Speaker 3: Do something about it.
Speaker 5: But I mean, we have a better chance of getting water out of a stone or a man actually turning into a woman than labor doing anything about it at this point.
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly right, We're almost our time. But I just want to ask you about nine men being named as Glamour UK magazines twenty twenty fifty Women of the Year. You know, saw once upon a time women had to be finn to be on the cover of magazines. There's outcry over that. Now men are name women of the year, and where's the outcry? Where are all the feminists gone? Now?
Speaker 5: That's so stupid. I mean, I'm really quite amused by this. Protect the dolls. They've got what they've got on their t shirts and then it's just the dolls and this actually this is history to this that actually makes it quite transphobic under gender ideology, because the dolls was the term for men who pass as women. The men who don't pass as women called bricks. And you don't see glamour out there going protect the bricks or celebrate the bricks, nor are they ever in the name of transrax cellar breeding the women who claim to be men or anyone who's non binary. This is the most male centric movement we have seen in decades. It is all centered around men who claim to be women, and we're supposed to accept them as better women than women.
Speaker 2: No, it's so stupid.
Speaker 5: I mean, this just feels like it's like the tail end of the movement and they're just desperately trying to keep it going. But I think we're all over it and too smart for it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they keep shoving it down our throats, but I do agree. I'd like to think that people have realized that. Sal Grover, nice to see you as always, Thank you very much for coming on the show. Appreciate it. Well, let's return now to Andrew, who has lost his title of prince and will leave the Royal Lodge. Buckingham Palace has announced the king's younger brother will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Winsor. Following a string of controversies and he's ties to of course, Jeffrey Epstein, Gilain Maxwell and Harvey Weinstein joining me now is reform UK Counselor Darren Grimes, Darren, thanks for joining me. Well, look, this is unprecedented, probably not surprising. What's been the reaction over there to this?
Speaker 17: Look, I think actually there's been a sort of collective of outreach saying, look, this is two decades too late. You know, her majesty the Queen was never going to do this. This was her favorite son. But ordinary Britts, I think are actually cheering this on the coronation of common sense. I would actually profer King Charles has finally taken out the palace pest and someone who actually I think has disgraced the institution, a really important institution. Andrew was effectively the monarchy's embarrassing uncle. You know, he was almost always one scandal away from ruining Sunday lunch. And now the palace has actually finally had the I think guts.
Speaker 1: Maybe actually at the direction of.
Speaker 17: The behest of the future king that is, of course, his Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, William. And this isn't a pr exercise. I think it's a statement that the crown will stand for judy, which is what Prince Andrew wants displayed when he fought gallantly in the Falklands, but not actually the disgrace that he's brought subsequently, Danika.
Speaker 2: No, look, I completely agree, and I just wonder, now, Darren, what sort of a precedent this will set. I mean, we've got the non royals, got Meghan and Harry. I just wonder if they're next to mean, could they even be stripped of their titles?
Speaker 1: It's a good question.
Speaker 17: Look, I think actually this will be a short term sting, but a long term detox. I was told, and you were told I've no doubt on this very show that you couldn't remove a title of prince, that it was impossible to do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 17: Actually, we've just had the royal equivalent of changing the locks after a dodgy lodger moves out of your lodgings.
Speaker 1: You know, Andrew was reckless.
Speaker 17: There was the sweating denials, the Epstein links, the pitch at the Palace scandal where he gave access like a labor Australian politician to Chinese business leaders, later actually flagged as potential spy. It's not actually Royal Service. It's selling the crown like he's popping it on EQY and that's exactly what Harry and Meghan did to the institution too, you know, whacking on the Sussex logo on top of some jam that she's seeking herself for sixty dollars.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely absurd.
Speaker 17: And you know, Danika, what I would say is, whilst this is probably troubling news for the royal soul, Bropera and Montecito, who have done actually a lot of damage to the monarchy as well as Andrew, I would say this morning, there is one happy customer and that's Keir Starmer's labor government because Poling just found that they are more unpopular than Prince Andrew. So any bad press for Prince Andrew will be music to their is Anika.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Its I mean when you reach that point, Darren, good grace, you must think to yourself for really they've lost the plot now wow, Well, look let's talk some politics because Reform UK. Later, Nigel Faraj, he's about to take back control of the borders by unveiling legislation to leave the European Convention on Human Rights. But as he laid out, the bill in Parliament, he was repeatedly heckled and called Putin's pet have a look.
Speaker 1: And do you wonder? Do you wonder? It's marvelous to see the intellectual levels of debate in this place. It really is do you wonder? Do you wonder? Out in the country there is growing frustration.
Speaker 2: Order darreny could Billy get a word in? What is going on over there?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, that's a complete not a disgrace, you know. It's a perfect snapshot of the rot within Westminster. The moment that someone actually defends Britain and our borders, the establishment actually turn into a pack of playground bullies, showing themselves to be completely removed from the concerns of the British public that were yelling at Farage because they've run out of arguments. The East chr has become a lawyer's paradise. It's a system that blocks deportations and keeps dangerous men on our streets. It protects the rights of migrants to access British chicken nuggets. Are not joking over actually our right to safety and security.
Speaker 1: Britains are actually dying whilst they laugh.
Speaker 17: When Broadhurst, a council worker who was walking his dog was stabbed to death by an Afghan who arrived here illegally and was granted leave to remain. We just had a guy in a Derby bank who was stabbed whilst doing his banking by a boat migrant who had already threatened to kill hundreds of people. This isn't rhetoric, you know, This isn't me making things up. These are ordinary people paying the price for the political and moral cowardice displayed with them Parliament. So how dare they sit there and laugh? They are laughing at the British public. They show their contempt for us Danika and it will be reflected at the results of the next general election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not surprised they are showing contempt. I mean it's an absolute disgrace. It's sad that ordinary, everyday Britain's are being put second in in the UK. Darren Grimes, lovely to see you as always, Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it. Coming up after the break, the winners and losers of a week, including Lydia Thorpe's latest rant and the White House getting into the spirit of Halloween. It's that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers, and helping me to do that is Sky News contributor Louise Roberts. Lou Liice to see you, thanks so much for joining me. Now, your winner this week is King Charles for taking action against Andrew.
Speaker 18: Absolutely he has executed the most delicate royal maneuver with absolute precision. He's left Andrew with no wriggle room at all, which was evident I think by the comment that he did not object to losing his titles or being kicked out of the Royal Lodge, and of course he would have been absolutely livid about it. But what a great move by Charles. So he's definitely my winner of the week. But I wanted to know as well that in the statement that he put out that he talked about sympathies with victims and survivors of abuse, which I thought was a very classy act as well, and also gives some sort of vindication for what Virginia Giffrey went through, because Andrew has never given anything of that department told to her, any concession to her or her family or other victims. So you know, well.
Speaker 2: Done, and you know when you watch back that interview where he says he has a sweating issue. Oh it just makes you feel sick. Honestly, good riddance by now my win of this week. I had to give it to the White House. I thought it was so they're getting into the spirit of Halloween. Have a look at this. I just think Donald Trump and Millennia are just fantastic. And the costumes looked incredible. Those kids were decked out to the nines. I love it. Here we look at this, look at this back tod I just think it's brilliant. But I love the way they've decked it out, the costumes, the decorations I thought was fantastic. South Thorne looks amazing.
Speaker 18: But also those the violinists playing Thriller, which I thought was such a fabulous touch.
Speaker 2: But there's so many kids in their families.
Speaker 18: People really wanted to go along and see him, and they're so generous with the chocolates, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made experience it once. It are like, oh, absolutely, we're going to get that again. Now all those of this week is Lydia Thorpe. Here we go. Now we all remember these comments earlier this month at a pro Palestine protests, and if I.
Speaker 19: Have to brand down, how them how to make it?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, typical. She's refusing to apologize.
Speaker 20: Here we are treating a metaphor like a national emergency.
Speaker 2: What a joke.
Speaker 20: The problem isn't my words, it's the colonial systems that still refuse to change. I won't apologize and I won't be dragged down. Then there's a right wing media. They love to let me about seeking headlines, but they're the ones riding the headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh look, there's a lot we can say. But what do you say about me? It's the same old, same old.
Speaker 18: Blame everyone else, don't take accountability for some inflammationy remarks. She's an elected senator, she's in a great position to do a lot of good, but she's become an outrage machine.
Speaker 2: I completely agree, and we're quite frankly sick of it. And yeah, but she's still going to be there for quite a while. Watly, now, I had to give my loser for a second week running Louise to the Bureau of Meteorology. Seriously, this disastrous four million dollar tax payer funded website change. In the last few hours, it's said it's going to revert back to its previous color scheme on its rain radar and weather map. But have a listen to this apology.
Speaker 19: I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for the challenges the change has caused. It's clear that we need to do more to help people navigate the change, both by making adjustments to the website and by helping users understand its new features.
Speaker 2: It's like a hostage video. Why don't they just admit that they buggered the whole thing up?
Speaker 18: Well, and it's cause real issues for It's not just like you and I going out something is it raining? There's people in the regions who have to move cattle or protect crops who rely on online whether service like the bomb and they couldn't access it. They didn't know where the maps were, the rain, the floods, storms, whatever, And that's a major fail for four million dollars, I mean.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I mean it's a lot of money. It's a lot of money to be splashing around for what has been a serial error. But yeah, they said they're going to go back to the same color scheme, but still ridiculous. Lloyds Roberts have a great weekend. Thanks you so much for joining me. Really appreciate it. But that's it. For me, I'll be back on Sunday night. It's seven for Deneka and James. Stay with us. Steve Prices next. Good Night,