Speaker 1: Go on Prix week here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It is Grand Prix Week. All the stars have rolled into town, all the Formula One drivers. The cars were being delivered to Albert Park yesterday.
Speaker 1: You say it like it's an Amazon package.
Speaker 2: Well they were. They literally come out of these huge like shipping containers in different parts and pieces. They get delivered down to the Paddick Club into their what do you call into their garages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Allen key job you Rick? Yeah, absolutely. I love seeing the drivers out and about in Melbourne at the various.
Speaker 2: Funk show and in the wild. Saw Orlando Norris running along yesterday. Also Jack Dowan, who is one of the young bright Australian drivers. He was out last night with his dad.
Speaker 1: I saw he was on a bed. I love them. I love a meteor.
Speaker 2: They all get these gigs for different brands and he's here for well, he was doing a mattress company.
Speaker 1: Mattress company and him and his dad were on a bed and then he went and made asai anything for the money. Is that what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Well, last night Lando Norris was in town with Polo red By Ralph Laurence Fragrance as his son is really actually the campaign's really good. He's got like there's like a bottle of the fragrance and he's doing I was trying to explain to him what a doweye was. Who's doing doweies around it? And I said to him, is it actually? How many takes did that take to not knock it over? And he said they got a stunt driver to do it.
Speaker 1: He didn't drive the car for the commercial.
Speaker 2: He's driving a bit of it, but when they're doing Dowey's he said they got a stunt driver because there was still limited bottles of the fragrance and they didn't want him to knock it over. I'm like, how could there possibly be a better driver than you to do that? Anyway, it was at the Stoke cast last night. Clint came along and I.
Speaker 1: Was more excited to see Lauren up there on stage.
Speaker 2: When you walked in, they had all these waiters.
Speaker 3: Trays of the Polo red fragrance on a tray, and the waiter when Clint said it came in, he said, would do like a sprits. Clint picked it up and tried to drinks, thinking it was like a sprit and they were like no, no, no, just a spray like a spirit.
Speaker 1: Thought it was fair. I would have done this. I thought it was like a cherry sprits in some sort of flash bottle.
Speaker 3: How creative they're doing sprits in fragrance bottles?
Speaker 2: Would have been any good ideas?
Speaker 1: Is happening us? No, sir, No, just sprits and then you have to put it back on the truck, back on the track.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you can't take us anywhere. How embarrassing.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, last night Lenda Norris was in town, Urn Phillips caught up with him.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, am I sitting on standing.
Speaker 1: Up to you.
Speaker 2: We can see if you like? You did not get the memo about our long Melbourne summer?
Speaker 4: I noticed, no, Hello everyone. It's beautiful here, isn't it. I love it. It's like the complete contrast of the UK. So I'm making the most of it. I'm a bit burn and a bit red, but yeah, making of Australia.
Speaker 5: So I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: When did you arrive back in Australia? It must be nice to come back to start the season.
Speaker 4: It is, I mean twenty nineteen, I started my season here. It was my first race in Formula one actually, so some nice nice memories.
Speaker 2: Does the weather come into play this weekend? I know, I think on Saturday for qualifying it's going to be thirty eight degrees here in Melbourne. I know you said the Middle East is some of the hottest places you race, but this is actually going to be hotter than some of those races. How hot does it get in the car and how does that come into you when you're competing in Formula one?
Speaker 5: It's pretty warm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirty seven degrees will probably be one of the hottest tracks I've been like, I've been driving at that time, so it's yeah, it's not nice, pretty. It's a good way to start the season because it's like straight in at the thick end and then I can slowly get used to it. But also some chances of rain, so we never know what's going to happen here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: But that's classic Melbourne for you.
Speaker 5: I don't mind both, but I preferre the sun.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's part Formula one for a moment and talk about Rolf, Laura and Fragrance. It's just what you were here for. Do you pride yourself as someone who you can smell before they see you walk into a room, I hope.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, O coo.
Speaker 4: I think it's very important. I think it's one of the most important things for people. You don't want to smell bad, do you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: I think you you want to smell good, and this is definitely something that makes you smell good. I think especially on over a weekend, you know where we're working a lot with sweaty who are hot, changing clothes, changing into race suits of race suits, so it's not the most probably like hygienic, nice beautiful kind of thing, but you need something to kind of counter to that, and that's this.
Speaker 2: Do you give yourself a sprits when you get out of the car as well straight after a race.
Speaker 5: It's a good idea, Actually I do.
Speaker 4: I do normally before because you know, when you go on the grid there's a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Do you want to smell good when you're on the grid.
Speaker 2: How does it go coming to Australia. You're racing with a local boy, you and Oscar Piastre our teammates at McLaren Here in Australia, do you feel the support of the Australians Because people who don't have an F one team of automatically adopted you into our lies. You're sort of an honorary Australia.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't feel the support because they're all supporting for Oscar and normally normally because I've beaten them.
Speaker 5: So it doesn't help. It doesn't help these kinds of things.
Speaker 2: So what happens Then you're on the straight. It's the last rundown, the straight you wanted to do. You feel the pressure to go all right, you can have.
Speaker 4: This one, no, because I want to make it out of Australia. I've I've loved my time. I mean I started with Daniel. I've said carlos Daniel, and now Oscar. Daniel is one of the best guys I've ever made in my life. I spent a lot of time with him, and last New Year flew to Perth and I spent some more time here, so I still talk to him. He's here this weekend, so I would go and say hi. As much as we hate each share that when you're on track, we're just we're competities and we get along, and even between myself and Oscar we get along a lot. We don't have many other interests outside of Formula one, so it's kind of like we only talk about racing and that's about it. We know we want to we want to beat each other, like we know at the end of the day, there's nothing more we'd love for both of us than to beat one another. But at the same time we want to just enjoy every minute and push each other and be competitors but also be teammates and not always the easiest compromise and a balance to have, but both with with Daniel and Oscar great Australians, I've enjoyed my time a lot.
Speaker 2: Have they taught you anything? Australians were unique characters. Have you learned any Australian mannerisms Australian slang?
Speaker 4: I mean I have, but Oscar doesn't. I wouldn't say Oscar says that much. I feel like he's more European than Australia now in terms of his is use in the language.
Speaker 2: He did blow up the other day because there's a new rule that's come into Formula one when it comes to the drivers on their radios, and you're all gonna cop find of hundreds of thousands of dollars if you say anything rude or if you swear, and he wasn't happy about that, which is a very Australian thing. Do you think that will be a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for many of us, it shall be. I think it'll be harder for some others than I think myself. Oscar I wouldn't say swears that much. Like he's very I don't know how he looks so relaxed and calm, like twenty four seven, but if like inside he's he's a bit of a beast and he's quite scary sometimes, so he definitely has his moments. But even when I would be so annoyed about something, his reaction is just very like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Mush at times.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're so competitive on the track, are you're a competitive person off the track as well?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, with everything, with everything any sport I do, whether it's my friends or my fam I mean, I grew up with an elder brother, so I think there's no one that's a bigger competitor than your brothers. So when I grow up and you're racing together and competing together, I kind of I think I grow with that perfect knowledge of whatever ivalry is between my brother and myself. So that was a nice thing, but I think that also made me a better competitor, but I still hate losing and whatever I do, and I'll do it whatever I can to make sure I don't lose, even if that means cheating, and you know, it's all takes no matter what I do. But yeah, whether it's sport or games, whatever it is, I hate, I hate, really hate losing, so I'll do whatever I can.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck, Thank you so much for being here tonight. Good luck on Sunday. We can't wait to see you out there. Ladies and gentlemen, place with your hands together. Filando Narel, Thanks everyone, Thank you.
Speaker 1: What about ladies, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Nice nice, nice guy.
Speaker 1: They're all bloody competitive, right.
Speaker 2: Because I did say, you're coming down the straight one and two? You an Oscar Piastre. It's the home crown, it's the first race of the season. Do you let him have it? It was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: He was very lovely turtleneck, wasn't he was? That's why I said, turtle neck.
Speaker 2: You didn't get the memo about the hot weather.
Speaker 1: The rest of night was freezing.
Speaker 2: Would you be if you had a daughter, would you be happy to Lendo Norris to date.
Speaker 1: It date your daughter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was lovely.
Speaker 1: She'd be happy to date, would.
Speaker 2: Be when he said he was twenty, I'd like to I like, you know, thinking about the future and having a family, and like every girl in the room was like, oh, hearts fluttering and he goes. But you know, I do have a lot of living ahead of me. I'm only twenty five, twenty five, twenty five when you're twenty five years ago. Jason Laws, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 1: Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred. Lauren on Socials