Speaker 1: Yes, it's a Christy Swan show.
Speaker 2: Hello Jack, afternoon, my Swan. How are you good?
Speaker 1: Have you recovered from the excitement of the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I have Swanny the excitement of the super Bowl and Drake like, let's be honest. I had a pretty big night Sunday night. I was not one hundred percent yesterday, but I'm back today.
Speaker 1: You can never tell with you. It's the youth.
Speaker 2: It's the youth.
Speaker 3: I want to give a big shout out to oranges. Yes you heard, orange, a very underrated fruit. And there was a few oranges lying around and I thought I'm gonna eat them. I never buy oranges. This was at work just now, and I cut them up into I like to cut them into six, not four, okay, because they fit into your mouth better. And I just I just feel like such a fool. I haven't incorporated an orange to day. He found They're magical and not expensive. To get them in a big string bag. Bang, get onto them now.
Speaker 2: I want to freshly squeezed oj.
Speaker 1: Oh good, No, just get the orange.
Speaker 2: No, but it's more fun eating out of a plastic cup with a straw drinking it. I mean, excuse me.
Speaker 3: Have we discussed the fresh orange juice machines at some fancy said, well, at some of the smaller boutiquey causes, I think they're only in coals.
Speaker 2: I'm always too scared to use them because I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. No, you just hit go and it does the rest.
Speaker 3: It picks it up, slices it, puts it in and you watch it juice the orange and then discard the rind and you get the orange juice at the base.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to make Tom come with me after the show to our local and we're gonna do that. Hey, you just hit the button before three o'clock this morning. We're going to be giving away another laptop in laptop Lottery. We're doing that all week and next we'll be going through out to do lists. I hope you've got yours ready.
Speaker 3: Swan, Oh, utterly underwhelming the Crissy Swan Show, and it's time to open up our calendars.
Speaker 1: Jack to do this Tuesday. I mean there, This gives.
Speaker 3: An insight into who we are and where we're at in our respective lives.
Speaker 1: More than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's reading a palm and my lifeline has ended and yours just continued.
Speaker 2: Look your list is always a little bit grim, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Today's no exception, and weirdly it involves you both of them.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I love this. I'm in now my favorite topic.
Speaker 3: You are an authority on it. Okay, so I've got to click and collect?
Speaker 2: Oh no, this again?
Speaker 1: I ordered? You know I love a container.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I found this great container that i'd forgotten that I had. It's years old, found it out in the garage and I'm like, that is great.
Speaker 1: It's big.
Speaker 3: It's got a lip and a lid, so whatever's in there you can hide it.
Speaker 1: It's huge. Sixty leaders.
Speaker 2: I reckon that is big.
Speaker 1: Turned it over. I care still available, So you want another one? Found another one? You're a sweet kid. I've boarded ten.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they are this big? Right? Do you need that many containers? What do you have to put in them? You've declarded your house, everything's gone in a skip. What are we putting in these containers?
Speaker 1: That is exactly what I need to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: In my to do list is go to Ikea and pick up the click and Collect. Then I realized, if I have ten huge containers, I may.
Speaker 1: Be tempted to fill them. You will with anything.
Speaker 3: So now I don't want the click and collect. Do I have to go in and void it, pick it up and return it, or if I just leave it there, do I miraculously get a refund?
Speaker 2: I reckon we go option too, and just hope for the best and hope for the refund.
Speaker 3: Can I'm going to set a reminder for to do list Tuesday in a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it, and let's see if you've got your refund, if there's been any community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay great.
Speaker 3: Secondly, another thing is I am speaking at a conference today?
Speaker 1: Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: I never ever speak in public.
Speaker 3: In fact, I can't remember the last or first time I've done it.
Speaker 1: I'm very nervous.
Speaker 2: You'll smile it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: People think that because I'm on the radio and they're like, oh, you do it every day, and I don't because what I can see is just one person, you know, or two or three people, not a big room of people that want me to be clever and engaging, both of which I'm not. Anyway, I impulse brought a suit at the airport.
Speaker 2: Oh good, to give you a boost of confidence, Yes, yes, great.
Speaker 3: But it was out the back was it on the rack when I bought it, and it's a bit the pants are a bit crushed, and I don't know what to do. I'm staying at a hotel. I can't steam things. Do they What do I do? What would you do if you were me? On my to do list is ask Jack what to do about crushed pants?
Speaker 2: I would ask your hotel whether there is a steamer or an ironing board available and do that.
Speaker 1: But I can't iron anything. I'm scared of burning it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think they'll have a steamer or room in the room, or worst case, hang them up in the bathroom while you're having a shower and hope that some of the hot steam helps, like put flatten them.
Speaker 3: So is that what you would do? There's no like, you can't call somewhat well, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: To do, So I think you're going to have to just go with the crushed pants or hope that the hotel can sort it out. Okay, make problem.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for that. That's excellent. What's on your to do.
Speaker 2: Really quick is Valentine's Day booking on Friday. Because I'm eternally single, I'm going on a Valentine's date with my mates lew and Locke. I'm gonna be third wheeling them.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. I'm going out with my daughter.
Speaker 2: Peg Oh beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Fun. And then the other one is message cleaner because my housemate and I think our cleaner has stolen our vacuum chart. That's the only like assumption we've come to of how it's gone missing. And we tried these two new cleaners at the end of last year and since then it's gone, it's disappeared. It has to be them, So I'm not to accuse them.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not the one that I recommended. Is it didn't clean?
Speaker 2: Oh no, we've tried new clean since that awful.
Speaker 1: And also as if she used the vacuum the Crissy Swan Show. Now there is an expectation and indeed misconception.
Speaker 3: It turns out that a because I'm on the radio and because I'm single, that I must be, you know, knocking back the dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, And it.
Speaker 3: Always it always astounds me when people goes, so who are you seeing? Like it's not even like are you seeing someone, it's who.
Speaker 2: They just assume that you are like a revolt have a revolving door of fellas having here with you every second night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know the truth, and what is it, Jack, I want to hear it. I want to I want someone else to say it so it doesn't sound you know just from me.
Speaker 2: That you quite literally define the word single in every sense of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, And you know, I don't know if it's by choice or not.
Speaker 1: It's just the way it is.
Speaker 3: And no one, No one slides into my DMS, because that's the other thing people think, you know, in person, people are approaching me, and people think that definitely in the DMS, you know that I'm every second day a really back date.
Speaker 2: Does surprise me that people don't slide in, because even my mates, like I've got a couple of mates that are real big crissy Swan fans and like think you're hot, like these young, hot, thirty year old dudes. I'm excited guys give it a go. But they maybe they're through chicken. Maybe people through chicken to d.
Speaker 1: W I to know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm grateful for it because the DMS I do get are like.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the chicken flavored cheese? And I'm like, no, I'm on it send me a screen.
Speaker 2: Shot or Willy Southern Cross has Coco belt chocolate in front.
Speaker 3: Of exactly, and they are the sort of d ms that I like. However, someone did, someone, a man, a gentleman caller has slid into my dms.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this? Was there like any like emojis used in said dm? H? Was it like really basic?
Speaker 1: Let me let me check for you. Hang on, I'll get it up.
Speaker 2: Because there's nothing like going into your dem requests and seeing like some emojis or like, I just feel like it spices up the initial slide in.
Speaker 3: Can let me say there was? There were two emojis used, the smiling one with the blush you know, like a kidn embarrassed, nervous and like a you know party you know, okay, so you just don't you don't know what that means?
Speaker 2: No, been from egg planets and kissy kiss oh yack.
Speaker 1: The fire you know?
Speaker 3: So, yes, someone has slid into the old dms on instag and more.
Speaker 1: More of the point, they've asked for a date. Huge, huge.
Speaker 3: Both of those sentences are true, right, they have asked for a date, but it's not with me.
Speaker 1: My friend's with my friend Jane Hall.
Speaker 3: The first INSTADM that I've ever got of a man sliding in and asking for a date is like, Hi, can you ask your.
Speaker 1: Friend to go out with me?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: It's so sad.
Speaker 2: Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely The Chrissy Swan Show Chris One Show. Last week one woman won one hundred million dollars on the lotto. I reckon a laptop is even better you reckon m HM shelving for student devices.
Speaker 2: See the experts it unbeatable deals on laptops, tablets.
Speaker 1: Headphones and more.
Speaker 2: Best brands, best range, best prices, guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Chrissy Swan's Laptop Lottery, We've got Shelley and Jessica on the line. Are going to try their luck for a brand new laptop.
Speaker 1: Big ups to Harvey Norman.
Speaker 3: Hey girls, Hello, who needs it? More so Shelley, why do you want this laptop?
Speaker 5: I need a new laptop because my daughter broke her laptop at school.
Speaker 6: And now she has stolen mine, and I award you just.
Speaker 3: Did you just weep into your hands at the kitchen scene when she came home and she said us some bad news about my laptop was smashed.
Speaker 1: It pain the Hopscotch.
Speaker 2: Jessica, jess, why do you need a new laptop?
Speaker 6: I'm a teacher, and these schools that we go to don't really supply a modern laptop to you every time I go. I'm not a techtavvy person anyway, but I have big issues using the old laptop in.
Speaker 2: Good news for you, Jess, I will be playing for you today, and Swanny, you will be playing for Shelley.
Speaker 1: Shelley, go look at payment plans.
Speaker 2: Now, let's welcome Tom into the studio, Swanny, because Tom is the one that asks the questions.
Speaker 3: Here the quiz master, If you will, good afternoon, Hello Tom.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 7: Question one in which year was Veggie Might first sold in Australia?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've got no internet?
Speaker 2: October twenty five, nineteen twenty three. Correct, Oh my god, yes, jess one point to us.
Speaker 3: Do I have your permission Tom to move over to my phone because I have no Internet on my laptop?
Speaker 2: You can you do?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry?
Speaker 2: Alright?
Speaker 7: Question number two?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: We'll let her open up?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 7: On the Harvey Norman website, there's a student device's image.
Speaker 2: On the homepage.
Speaker 7: What color is the student's bag?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Harvey Norman website.
Speaker 1: What color is that? It'll be navy. I'm going to guess it's blue.
Speaker 2: That is incorrect.
Speaker 1: I'm still loading.
Speaker 2: What's going on with the correct means? Congratulations?
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 8: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: You are going to be the coolest teacher out with the coolest laptop. Thanks for our pals at Harvey Norman.
Speaker 6: Oh this is fabulous. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: I'm on that page now and there's not even in school already lost my friend. Sorry for your chance. Do we head to the overplayer or nover FM and register your details now?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Shelly, I mean that was pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Shame shamed.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty disappointed.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, we should have had a rematch.
Speaker 3: Can we get I know that this is Can we get Shelley back tomorrow?
Speaker 1: But I didn't have the internet and the mobile view is wrong.
Speaker 2: It's different to yours, Shelley. You're coming back to play tomorrow? Okay?
Speaker 6: Is Christy still playing for me?
Speaker 1: That is a great question and the outside is no Chrissy swanshow let's go clicking Jack Chrissy's clickit.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that Pete Davidson from Saturday Night Live and that great film. I always forget it's called It's like King of It's not King of Queens, but it's something like that.
Speaker 1: He have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Do you like Pete Davidsonson, You would love this film?
Speaker 1: Let me find the name.
Speaker 2: Of Kingham Staten Island.
Speaker 1: The King of Ireland? It is.
Speaker 3: It has so much heart, okay, and it's sort of the story of him and his dad, I think, or something like that. Anyway, I've seen it twice and it's magic. Anyway, I'm so glad that he seems to be back in the headlines because I love Pete Davidson. And he sat down and caught up with Seth Myers. Seth Myers, and he was talking about pets, and he doesn't have He sold his New York apartment and he's moved into New York State, so presumably he's got more room.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he's asked, does he have any pets? You know that he's in a bigger place.
Speaker 3: And he does ish if you count fish as pets.
Speaker 1: But he got this tank in an unusual way.
Speaker 2: I went to rehab, yeah for four months. Yeah, came back. That was just in the living room. Oh wow, Yeah, I think I made that decision when I wasn't really paying attention, and then when I got there.
Speaker 1: When I got home, there was like a guy, you know, cleaning it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, it's just like once every six months, you gotta come by. And he goes, oh no, this is like two three times a week for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how much that would cost?
Speaker 2: Also, it's like one of these lifes, like these massive life size ones.
Speaker 3: It's huge. It's like, you know, an aquarium. It's like it's a public aquarium. Yeah, yeah, it's big.
Speaker 2: It's spooky. I remember as a kid, Dad was considering doing that in our house, getting one of those, really, and I thought it was the coolest thing. Now thank god he didn't. It's so borganic, is it?
Speaker 1: Though? I think it can be done classily?
Speaker 2: Can anymore? I feel like maybe in the early three thousands, but now it's like, let's just leave it to like Chinese restaurants.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and where you choose your crap.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I could never do that. I could never.
Speaker 3: Stand at a tank and go you It's like the squid game.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: You die out of everyone here, it's your time to die. Not only are you going to die, I'm going to eat you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did exactly that on the Greek Islands last year. What did you choose a piece of? Was it like lobster or crayfish?
Speaker 1: Your dad in Parils the whole lobster? You just sweat. It's your time to die.
Speaker 2: Papa's hungry you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk, he is an unusual person, to say the least.
Speaker 1: He bought Twitter. Who did you buy it off?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure was it was it a big company?
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of who we bought it off? But he bought it and renamed it x. I think out of all the social media platforms, Twitter's the most grim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, Swanny, but I think TikTok gives it a run for its money in the comments section sometimes, does it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: With how nasty it gets?
Speaker 1: Yeah ah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: But the Twitter replies are pretty awful too.
Speaker 1: Oh they're terrible anyway.
Speaker 3: On the on a Reddit thread, this girl wants to know am I the poop for breaking up with my fiance after he got obsessed with Elon Musk? Bob sessed he does a great impersonation of Elon Musk, who my mum, Patty Swan Dushy.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't read about it, but it is spot.
Speaker 2: On by way of voice or like the physicality and mannerisms.
Speaker 1: Both Jack both. She really puts it back into it.
Speaker 3: And the weirdest thing is she's not an impersonator, Like she's not.
Speaker 1: That's not one of her gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, she has one impression and it is a Musk and it's very good.
Speaker 2: I want to see a video of this from Patty please. But I think for this person, No, you're not the ahole for breaking up with your fiance after you got obsessed with Elon Mask.
Speaker 3: Like if you had a boyfriend, who would they have to be obsessed with for you to break up with them?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't feel that much hate or like that's strongly about anyone, Like well.
Speaker 1: What if they loved to say Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: That's just fine.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't bother me. I could give you some personal names, but I'll do that off there.
Speaker 1: Actually that's more me too.
Speaker 3: If you like that person, you and I will just not get along to me.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, we're still here with.
Speaker 3: You for another hour for Rickley, Tim and Joel Now Jack, I, I mean it is a massive mea coolper because I had no idea how big the super Bowl was in this country, and I was surprised at how many people took yesterday off and really hit the big Red Cup.
Speaker 2: When we finished the show yesterday, I had made at the pub still from the super Bowl which started at like they'd been there from Tenna and yesterday. Try and get me to go and meet them, and I'm like, no, guys, you're like eight hours ahead and I've got to be on an tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No, very good boy.
Speaker 3: It feels like I'm sorry if you're nursing a hangover today and you're excited about it, feels like any excuse to have a parties. Oh super Bowl cool, I'm into it. Yeah, married at first slight debut, Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: You know, let's have a party.
Speaker 2: Let's take Monday off. Hey, coming up before four o'clock, we need to talk about a particular product, Swanny that's being discontinued that you're quite upset about.
Speaker 1: I almost don't want to talk about it because then that makes it.
Speaker 2: Real, Okay, but I even want to talk about it. More now, but I will We'll do that before four o'clock. But next Chrissy's quizy thirteen twenty four to ten. If you would like a limited edition bum bag.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. Do you want to get your hands on one of those bumbags? Chrissy's Quizzy? Oh hey, Danielle, do you go for walks? Danielle? You're a walker?
Speaker 4: I am a bit of a walker.
Speaker 1: Where do you like to go? What's your little vibe there?
Speaker 8: I love to walk along Woody Point.
Speaker 9: I'm down on the water along there.
Speaker 4: Gosh, who wouldn't Oh, it's gorgeous, three sixty degrees view the ocean.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love this bumb bag, Danielle, but you're gonna have to earn it. Jody wants it two Hello jods, Hey.
Speaker 1: How are you good? Are you a walker?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: More of a runner?
Speaker 1: Runner? My god? We are not worthy, Jody? Where do you run?
Speaker 8: Just around the block?
Speaker 1: You know nothing?
Speaker 2: Fancy you're birth Jody. You should be running on the beach, on those beautiful Perth beaches.
Speaker 8: Hey, well, I love about ten minutes away from the beach. You know I'm making use of body got.
Speaker 1: Oh, well you can.
Speaker 3: You can stack that bumbag full of sunblock and whatever else you need.
Speaker 1: It is your names are your buzzers?
Speaker 3: Is the best of five three five, five, So the first person gets to three.
Speaker 1: Witten's over bombar. Question number one, can you tell I'm stalling? I don't have it?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 1: Which American city held the Super Bowl yesterday?
Speaker 2: Danielle yes, Danielle, New Orleans.
Speaker 1: It is New Orleans. Question number two? What color is Elmo?
Speaker 4: Jody?
Speaker 1: Yes, Jody, he is read. Do you know any of the Elmo songs?
Speaker 9: Not really Christmas?
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 2: God. You're really good at that voice.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Question I was thread One year ago today Beyonce released this song.
Speaker 1: What's it called? Jody? This is for the win? No, alum, It's not for the Win's.
Speaker 2: Not two points to jokes, one to Danielle. Question number four is for the win, Jodes.
Speaker 3: And of course it is Texas Houldhen, winner of the Best Something at the Grammy's Awards.
Speaker 2: She won Best Album. That song didn't win Best thank God.
Speaker 1: That's on the ALM. Question number four, what is traditionally kept in a cellar? Danielle yes, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Wine.
Speaker 1: It is wine. Is that to a piece?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 2: Sure is, Swanny. Question number five is for the wind for either of you, ladies.
Speaker 3: The cuticle is located where Danielle donis.
Speaker 1: Danielle, it is on your finger. You have got the bum bag, Muffrayn.
Speaker 2: Thanks Creepie again tomorrow, Danny, better like next time, Jody, and happy running.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: I'm about to do something momentous, Jack, Okay, I am about to eat my last stock piled Carmen's porridge sashet.
Speaker 1: And you may be.
Speaker 3: Listening and going, hang on a minute, had going to be the last one. They're all over there and every supermarket in every city in the land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not this one.
Speaker 3: A few years ago, I fell in love with a specific flavor of Carmen's porridge. Come in a little sachet, fill it up to the line with milk, ninety seconds in the microwave. It was called almond, coconut and chea, and my mouth ate it and I was in heaven.
Speaker 2: That surprises me that you sort of stray us from everyday normal porridge, because I just feel like that's so perfect.
Speaker 3: Correct, I agree, And normally I would never I would never have a sashet. But this sashet was the stuff of God's and I use it. I use the past tense. There was because I went to buy another box of it years ago, and that was when I realized that it was hurts me to say discontinued.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and.
Speaker 3: I could not find it anywhere. And I have been rationing those sachets that I had. I think I had two or three boxes when I realized that they were discontinued. And I'm down to my last one, Jack, I'm going to hand you the sashet now. I want you to turn it over and tell me the use by day.
Speaker 2: Swan best before the twenty fifth of August twenty twenty two. If that's not Christy Swan coated, I don't know what he is.
Speaker 1: A desperate woman has to do desperate things.
Speaker 2: Jack, So you've been eating, have you? Have you noticed that they're passed there?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, Absolutely not as delicious as the very first time I fell in love with it.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they were discontinued?
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't know. I've been doing a lot of soul searching about this. Why, why something so perfect could be discontinued? And this happens to me all the time. Anything I fall in love with gets discontinued. Maybe it happens to you too, thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 1: Give us a call.
Speaker 3: Has something that you I have absolutely fall in love with and think that you can't live without, suddenly and brutally is no longer available, gets discontinued. Give us a call on the line. Right now is the boss lady of Carmen's. She joins us, Carolyn Creswell.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm laughing so much.
Speaker 1: Pretty oh oh, bully for you. Hah.
Speaker 3: You're not the one who now has to live without her favorite porridge.
Speaker 1: Carolyn, what are you doing to me?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: The thing with products and food market, it's an evolution, so something out goes the old and incomes of fresh news flavors, things that people looking for. A Promise, if you tried some of the newer flavors, maybe you would also fall in love with them as much as the two year old.
Speaker 8: Rather sad fashions floating in your handbag.
Speaker 3: Carolyn, need to I need to tell you something about this porridge. It is the most perfect thing that I've ever eaten for breakfast, and I think that you should bring it back. And this is why, presuming that it was launched. I don't know when it was launched. Can you remember what year?
Speaker 8: I mean probably not about six seven years ago?
Speaker 3: Right See, people didn't know that they wanted chia. Then now they do bring it back.
Speaker 8: Well, we do these limited editions, but at the moment we've got a sticky date putting limited edition. Maybe I need to bring this one back a see Chrissy limited edition porridge Sachet to you know, reinvigorate the porridge sachet community.
Speaker 3: Carolyn, are there any lying around the warehouse that you could give to a lady desperation?
Speaker 8: Let me go and have a hunt for you, Carol. I haven't quite had a lady in this much desperation before.
Speaker 2: Between you and me and Carolyn, it sounds like, aside from Chrissy Swan, no one really vibed this flavor. Is that correct? Just say it. No one was buying it, right.
Speaker 8: It's been a little while and we've moved a few you different things, you know, people these days on protein or we're doing overnight bircher sash, different things. Shelves aren't made of elastic. Sadly, she's a company gal. There is revolution.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: I've not given up hope.
Speaker 3: Get you you know, intensive micro research people out there, because chea is full of protein.
Speaker 1: That's all I have to say to you, Carolyn Crystel, thank you much for joining me. Listen.
Speaker 3: I've tried to recreate it and I can't, damn you because the flavor.
Speaker 1: Is so good.
Speaker 2: It's monny. After speaking to Carolyn, I don't think you're ever going to have this in your hot little hands again. If I'm honest, I don't think Carolyn's all about evolving an evolution.
Speaker 1: I just I can never open that last sashet.
Speaker 2: No, we should probably frame that. Maybe we can put it in like a nice frame and put it on the wall in the office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll put a little sign of saying, in case of emergency.
Speaker 2: Smash thirteen four to ten, what product or item has been discontinued that you're still sad about? Like Swanny and her almond, coconut and chia porridge will take calls up.
Speaker 1: To this owners.
Speaker 3: Do you have a sconers the next Yep, the Crissy Swan show tee you what I'm not thrilled about my favorite porridge. It's made by Carmens comes in a box of like ten saschets. It's been discontinued. It's been a while since it's been discontinued. I've known this day was coming. I'm down to my last sashet.
Speaker 2: And I mean I'm sort of glad you're down to your last sashet. I hate to sort of is down.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a use by date thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's a use by date thing. Swany. I don't want you eating things that are best before the twenty fifth of August twenty twenty two. You're better than that. You're Christy Swan. You deserve porridge that's in date.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad it's coming to an end.
Speaker 3: We did just cash up with Carolyn from Carmen's, who told me, in no uncertain terms, I was the only person who liked it, and I won't be coming back.
Speaker 1: She didn't really, that was just the vibe I got, you know.
Speaker 2: VI She said used the word evolution a lot, which means it's not coming back.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: We're not going back to apes and this porridge is never going to be seen on our shelves again. Thirteen twenty four, ten what has been discontinued that you loved so deeply and you miss every single day.
Speaker 1: Hello Jamie, Hi guys, how are you good? What do you miss with every fiber of your being?
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember those M and M biscuit bars?
Speaker 1: No, it took me through them.
Speaker 8: It was you know, it was a good day in primary school when you opened your lunch box and I was one.
Speaker 5: Of those in there.
Speaker 9: It was a face with a chocolate on top, and then eminem and then more chocolate drisild on top.
Speaker 2: I do. And they had like the brown crust around the side. Yes, yes, Oh they were so young, Jamie, I'd forgotten about them so good.
Speaker 8: Yes, and now that I've got kids, I want them from my kids. How do you have tried the handed of versions?
Speaker 9: They're just not the same.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've just remembered. I I promised that I was going to discuss a Sconer. Do you remember Sconer's or maybe you're too young? Jamie and Jack?
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 3: It was an amazing ice cream, like just on a stick that you bought, you know, from the milk bar. It was called a Sconer and it was apricot and something else. It was perfection and I miss it every day, I really do.
Speaker 2: Thanks for your call, Jamie, Janie. We're going to send you a Baker's Delight voucher. Let's go to Linda on thirteen, twenty four ten. What product or item is being discontinued that you're still sad about.
Speaker 4: I'm still devo that I can't get a sunny boy?
Speaker 1: What was there? Was the sunny boy the orange one?
Speaker 3: Or was that just sort of like an umbrella term for all of those triangular icy poles?
Speaker 4: The orange was the the og, I think, and then they came out with the ras, the rug, yes, the glug, the collar glug, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And do you remember I've asked many people this and people look at me like, are you crazy?
Speaker 1: This didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you'd be at the pool or something on a very hot day with your friends, and you'd already gone up to that little shop they have there and got some hot chips or whatever and a sunny boy, and then you got back and you tore it open with his teeth because nobody ever brought scissors to the public pool. And then you pop it up and the first thing you do is you pull out the whole ice icy pole triangle, and you check if there's yellow riding inside, and the yellow riding meant it was called a free and admit that you could take it back to you know, Norma who ran the kiosk and get a free one?
Speaker 1: Do you remember freeze? Linda?
Speaker 4: Oh? Was there a better day in your life?
Speaker 3: The yellow riding. I don't even know what the yellow riding said. Did it say you've got a free or whatever?
Speaker 4: I can't remember either, and I never got one, much to my you know, dice, I got them regularly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got them quite regularly. I just must be kissed on the sunny Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't believe I'm just reading here. We haven't had Sonny Boy since twenty sixteen, nine years.
Speaker 3: It's been a nine It's been a long nine years in the wilderness, Linda.
Speaker 1: I hear you.
Speaker 2: Baker's like voucher for you. Linda. Let's finish with Kelly Swanny.
Speaker 1: Kel what do you miss because it's been discontinued.
Speaker 5: Hi, Christy, I missed fan tail.
Speaker 1: Me to Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yes, I still don't understand why, out of all the lollies, why that one.
Speaker 5: I know I heard that they needed to do some work one of the machines, and it was going to cost so much money and it wasn't worth it for the sales and stuff. But then I looked it all up and I didn't realize it was like one or two years ago or something that they did it because they actually had a big thing you could buy fantails before they got before they all winked, and I don't even know else I would have low them.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I remember that you weren't listening to this show, because.
Speaker 1: We talked about it a lot.
Speaker 2: Kel.
Speaker 1: What I can.
Speaker 3: Offer is this, how long has it been since you've had a caramel Sunday from McDonald's.
Speaker 8: Maybe about eighteen months?
Speaker 1: Oh see, it's more recent.
Speaker 3: That's my absolute favorite flavor at macas and I just had a hankering for one, maybe four days ago, and it's been years.
Speaker 1: I realized. As I was at the driver, I thought, I've had one of these few years, and I took a big pulled over, but we really want to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Took a big scoop of the caramel and ice cream, and guess what it tasted exactly like? It tasted like the fan tal Kelly Geese to the drive through today for you the.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: Let's talk Gila Fisher, Chrissy's clichee Yeah, Isla Fisher, quite notoriously very private, has has opened up, as they say in the classics, about the split from Ali g and Borat creator Sasha Baron Cohen. She has said that she never expected her family to be separated, but it's working well, okay, which is good. That is good, Yeah, better than the alternative, Amra.
Speaker 2: He would have been a tough dude to be married too, because there was you know, there'd always be controversy around him. He's so polarizing with his characters and stuff, Like, I feel like she would have copped a lot throughout.
Speaker 1: It, and I feel like, because he's so I think living with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, this could be a gross generalization, but living with a deeply creative person who's also like a social commentator and a comedian and a writer. They're often quite complicated characters.
Speaker 2: Agreed, you know, and they're often quite This also is a generalization, but they can often be quite dark in those normal times.
Speaker 3: Moody moody, yeah, which you know, as consumed of their art. We love because great stuff comes moody, creative people. But I reckon to live with that. That wouldn't be That wouldn't be the easiest thing.
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch Eiler on Home and Away?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I was always a Neighbours girl, so I never I don't know anything about Home and Away.
Speaker 1: I don't know the storylines.
Speaker 3: I know that it's at Summer Bay, obviously, but that's about it.
Speaker 2: I loved her character on Home and Away. I remember as a kid being introduced to her, like.
Speaker 1: Really, who, well, what was her character? Why'd you love it?
Speaker 2: Shannon? I think she was just really whimsical and fun, and I've always just attached her character to her in real life.
Speaker 1: Well, and she.
Speaker 3: Also played that sort of character in You Know and Get It, Get You in the wedding crash. That's right, yeah, true, Yeah, maybe she is quite whimsical in nature.
Speaker 1: How's this?
Speaker 3: A man presented to hospital with injuries that it were similar to those sustained in a car crash. The doctor said that he's lucky to be alive. So when you see someone present like that, you think, oh my god, what has happened? Have you smashed into something? How is the other driver? Blah blah blah, No, he tripped over his hairless pet cat.
Speaker 1: You know, one of those one of those sphinx cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the breed of the cat is important. Maybe they're slipperier than other cats.
Speaker 2: I don't like the sphinx you can really picture.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could. I don't think I could love a cat like that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean that looks about It's not about how they look, It's about how they feel. And part of the joy of owning something furry, particularly a cat or like my bunnies who I'm obsessed with, is that you get to feel their fur and it's you know, it's good for me and it's good for them.
Speaker 2: Where this would just be like patting a scroton.
Speaker 1: Yes, and not.
Speaker 3: Have you ever touched one of these cats?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. I've touched the other.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, I'm sure you have.
Speaker 3: They've still got a little bit of hair. I know it feels like well, not all of them do, but the one that I did had just a little bit of hair and it felt like, you know, a scrotum, as you said, but that had been shaved nine weeks ago, so it was sort of coming back. All depending on you know how fast it grows. Maybe four days ago. But yeah, it's not a pleasant sensation anyway. Chris Rowley from Colts Thorpe and Luster Shack said, he's only a baby, and I can't remember much.
Speaker 1: I just remember falling fast.
Speaker 3: It was quick and it was awful within seconds, and then I was at the Box of the Stars.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'd be getting rid of that cat.
Speaker 3: Well, yes you would, because in another sick twist, he was lying in a pool of blood. He was discovered the next morning and his partner walked in to find the cat sitting on his chest.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, look at it.
Speaker 2: That is us done for this Tuesday. I'll see you back in the studio tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Swannee Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 1: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Dore you