Speaker 1: Why on Sky News.
Speaker 2: This is Sharry Good Evening.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show where we've got huge guests on the program. Tonight, Donald Trump's former attorney general will join me live for an exclusive interview. This as Kamala Harris accuses Trump of fascism while struggling to answer questions at a town hall. Also tonight, former British Commander Richard Kemp is on the show. He's flawed by our revelations that the SBS censored his interview, removing it from their platforms, or because he dared to support Israel. So that exclusive interview with Richard Kemp coming up in just a moment live and a high profile restaurant her pleads guilty today in court to holding a Nazi symbol his wife, issuing a desperate plea to customers who've turned their back on the Nomad group. More on what unfolded a bit later, but first tonight, Darton has called on the Corruption Commission to investigate whether there was any political interference from the Albanesi government in stripping.
Speaker 2: Mike Bizzullo's Order of Australia.
Speaker 3: Pizzulo was the tough Secretary of the Home Affairs Department when he was sacked by Anthony Alberzi for engaging in political gossip with a liberal lobbyist friend of Scott Morrison's. There was no corruption, no criminality involved. Peter Dutton today called this a vindictive move. He claimed the government was trying to seek retribution against Buzzullo and he says the Corruption Agency should now investigate here he was on Ray Hadley.
Speaker 4: This is a clear demonstration of political interference in the process. I actually think it's a matter for the Integrity Commission to investigate because there is no conviction against mister Bizzullo. There's no impropriety alleged against him that would warrant the stripping of this honor, and it is nothing more than the government trying to seek retribution against him. They passed a retrospective law to take part of his salary away or his payout, which was done to apply to him only. And I'd never seen anything like that before and I haven't seen anything like the stripping of this award.
Speaker 3: And Peter Darton said the Albanezy government ministers need to disclose whether they were involved in removing Pazzullo's honor because the whole process is meant to be independent.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that Katie Gallaha and others frankly need to disclose what sort of instruction they've given to the committee and what their expectation has been, because it's not the fair process and in the end it should be and it should be impartial and independent, and it's been anything. But if the Prime Minister believes that he can justify this, he should be talking about why, because I think it's a matter of frankly, the government should refer to Integrity Commission because there clearly has been in appearance in what is supposed to be an independent process.
Speaker 3: I first broke the story back in March that Mike Pezzulo was set to be stripped of his Order of Australia.
Speaker 2: I could hardly believe it at the time.
Speaker 3: It was so petty, so political, so typical of the characters of some of the ministers in this Albanese government.
Speaker 2: So we're just breaking the.
Speaker 3: News now that there are plans to strip Mike Bizzullo of his AO despite no corruption or criminality.
Speaker 2: This is a very rare move.
Speaker 3: Mike Pezzulo has given a lifetime of service to Australia, including stopping the boats strengthening the borders. But now because of his gossipy text messages with a lobbyist, he's facing having his order stripped. And now around seven months later, the order has officially been removed. Pazzulo was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in the twenty twenty Queen's Birthday Honors for distinguished services to public administration through leadership roles in the areas of national security, border control and immigration.
Speaker 2: Given for a lifetime of work, and that.
Speaker 3: Body of work can't be extinguished because of some text messages. Nothing criminal, nothing actually wrong, just a breach of the Public Service Code, according to one interpretation. As Ray Hadley pointed out today, there are many people who have fallen foul of the.
Speaker 2: Law yet still hold their honors.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll give you one prime example. There's a TV or former TV personality in New South Wales, Andrew Keith, who's had numerous convictions for violence involving violence against women, and he still enjoys being a member of the Order of Australia. And I mean and this has been going on not just for months, but for years, and there's been no investor. Well, they say there's an investigation now, but they did this very quickly with Mike Bozzullo. They haven't been quite as quick with someone who'd been before the course and convicted on the news occasions.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Bazzullo was apolitical.
Speaker 3: He's worked for both sides of politics. He was responsible for setting up the Home Affairs Superministry that has now been all but undone by the Albanezi government, and he also played a major role in stopping the boats also in Operation Sovereign Borders. Tony Abbott backed Puzzullo in and he told me when I first broke this story that of all the senior border protection officials from September twenty thirteen, he was the one above all who was convinced that the boats both could and should be stopped. In my view, his departure from public service is a serious loss to our country and from a Prime minister. Scott Morrison also backed in Puzzulo, telling me at the time that no one was more deserving of recognition in our honor system as a public servant than Mike. He's a big loss to the Australian public service. He was an important internal voice to governments of both political persuasions on protecting Australia's national security. So this is an official that both Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison say should be honored.
Speaker 2: Yet look at how Albanezi treated him.
Speaker 3: The Prime Minister sacked Pezzulo in late November after a review found that his text messages with Liberal powerbroker Scott Briggs breached the Public Service Code through using his position to gain a benefit for himself for failing to be a political and engaging in disrespectful critiques of ministers. Now, the personal benefit was supposedly having a personal communicationation channel with senior leadership that was said not to be available to other secretaries. But as I've said before, this finding could only be made if the messages of the other departmental secretaries were checked, because some we know are long term friends with ministers, lobbyists and powerbrokers. But it was also a fastical finding because Puzzulo already had direct contact with Turnbull and Morrison, he didn't need the back channel, so there was no personal benefit here at all. Peter Dutton has in the past spoken about how puzzullo sacking by alban EASi was highly political.
Speaker 4: Clara Kneels at war with her secretary at the moment you said the review that she just commissioned to try and white an like Bazzulla, the secretary of her Home Affairs Department.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's any question that it's political. Mean An important point here is that there's obviously a huge battle going on at the moment between the Home Affairs Minister Clara O'Neill and the secretary of the her department, Mike Bazzilla, who was a secretary when I was at the department. He's a first class public servant and I was very well served by him and by the public servants within the Department of Home Affairs.
Speaker 3: This all matters because Pazzulo was at the helm of the Home Affairs Department keeping us all safe. Our national security is at stake, and now Tony Burke heads up this ministry which has overseen the fast tracking of visas from Gaza. If there has been political interference to deliberately harm a long serving and distinguished public servant, then Duvn's right the Corruption Commission should investigate. This government promised transparency, Albanezi, promised to do politics differently, but in the end we've seen a new low of mean spirited politics, malice and retribution. Now, Richard Camp will join me live in a moment on that major story that the SPS pulled his interview because he was too supportive of Israel. But right now let's bring in commentator Jason Morrison and perth Mere Basil zemplist. Thank you both very much for your time. Now I want to get your feedback on what I've just been speaking about Peter Dutton saying that there should be a corruption inquiry into why Mike Bozullo's Order.
Speaker 2: Of Australia was stripped. What do you think, Jason, Well, there's a lot.
Speaker 7: Of transparency about it, so that's probably a good starting point. The malice in all of this.
Speaker 2: Is so obvious.
Speaker 8: It's so obvious.
Speaker 7: Why of all the people in the Hadley example of Andrew o'keith is a perfect example. There is a list of people who deserve these awards because of things they have done posts the awards being issued, and they pick on this guy why because he's got some kind link across the room. It's malicious, it's grubby and yeah, the big C word is part of it and it should be investigated. We know what that one is.
Speaker 3: Basil Order of Australia Awards and others like it have been stripped more than forty times in the past, but it's usually from pedophiles after people have had criminal convictions, not from someone who may or may not have breached the Public Service Code.
Speaker 9: There doesn't seem to be the compelling evidence to rip it off him in this instance, that's for sure. There's not the transparency, as Jason just said, and it does wreak of a politicization of the Australian awards system, and that's not what it's there for.
Speaker 1: That's not what it's about.
Speaker 9: It's not supposed to be political in any way, shape or form. And I reckon there's a lot of Australian so that thought it might be one of the few things that still remains a political but not anymore. If this is the treatment that somebody who appears to have deserved that award one at fair and square and now had it stripped off him, it just doesn't seem right. There's not enough evidence. It needs to be more transparent. We need to see the reasons.
Speaker 2: We need to get the paper trail as well.
Speaker 3: We need to see whether there were any ministers who did make representations or have involvement ahead of that shocking decision. Let's turn to the US now, where Kamala Harris has called Trump a fascist. She also appeared at a town hall today with Addison Cooper on CNN.
Speaker 2: Have a look.
Speaker 8: Yes, I do believe that Donald Trump is unstable, increasingly unstable, and unfit to serve.
Speaker 1: Do you think Donald Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: I do, Yes, I do. He admires dictators, sending love letters back and forth with Kim Jong un.
Speaker 3: Now, the only problem with this argument is that Trump has already been president and he wasn't a fascist while he was in office. You might not have liked everything he did, but he wasn't a fascist.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is.
Speaker 3: Stretching it, taking it just a bit too far? When the Democrats, and you know, Kamala Harris, who's running to be president, accuses him of fascism, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: She's lucky.
Speaker 7: That's the headline that came out of an interview I watched it. Unfortunately, it was tragic when even Anderson Cooper, you know, a copper for the far left in America, is out there correcting her and pulling her up and stopping her and reminding her she's been the vice president through all this time. She's saying she could have done they should have done better. That's the headline of this. CNN is being very very generous with the fascism thing, which is just I mean, it's trivial political point scoring, you know, anything with an ist at the end of it at this time at the election campaign is just muth flinging. You're right, your spot on. People know what Trump is, even if they don't like him, they know what they're going to get because they've seen it before. And that's her problem because they've seen her before too, and she's underwhelming.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good point you made though that in saying that in greed agreeing or saying that it is a fascist again, that is now the headline out of that interview, rather than all of the other weak answers that she gave. We are going to come back to those answers because I've got Trump's former acting Attorney general on the show later this hour. But Basil, there has been criticism that, given Trump has already faced two potentially three assassination attempts on his life, that by calling him a fascist, by claiming that he likes Hitler, This dangerous language could once again incite violence against him.
Speaker 9: What do you think of that argument, Well, that's possible, and a case could be made for that argument. I think what it really reaks off, though, is desperation here from Kamala Harris trying to reverse the trend that's sliding away from her and towards Trump. This is his third time around the block in terms of a presidential campaign, and it's at the eleventh hour of the third occasion when he stood before the American people and asked for them to consider him to be their president of the United States. It doesn't matter that they call him a fascist or any of the other stuff. They've already judged him on all of those things. It's not about Trump and what people think of him. It's really about what they think of Harris. And I don't think she's done enough to give anybody enough confidence that she's a leader of substance in waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a good line actually in an article in the Sydney Morning Herald. I read earlier that effectively Trump has been running for office for nine years, Kamala Harris just for one hundred days. So he's a very well known quantity to everyone around the world.
Speaker 2: They know what they're getting. But Kamala, there are still there's.
Speaker 3: Still concerns, they're still uncertainty about what she actually stands for and what she do in office. As I said, we're going to come back to this later this hour with trump'sformer attorney general. Let's have a look now though at this debate over Lydia Thorpe's eligibility to sit in the Senate.
Speaker 2: As you know by now, footage.
Speaker 3: Has emerged where she has previously said that she deliberately mispronounced the word heirs, as has in her parliamentary oath. If you've missed it, this was the moment back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 10: True allegiance to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth for second, her hairs and successes according to law.
Speaker 3: And then in subsequent interviews she said she deliberately said hair so that when the Queen passed away there would be no allegiance.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is childish, juvenile, natty stuff. Her own words.
Speaker 3: Today, though in an interview with Laura Jay's she backed down from that argument to have.
Speaker 10: A look now, forgive me for not being you know, my English grammar isn't as good as others. And I spoke what I read, so I misspoke. And to have this country questioned or particularly you know, people like Dutton and other senators from his party, for them to question my legitimacy in this job is an insult and they can't get rid of me.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jason, it was Lydia who said originally that she deliberately mispronounced the word It wasn't done it.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's a good reason in the House the last seventy two hours reflected why they nickname her Lydiat because she behaves like it. Look, she put actually she put her fist up, didn't she, And she you know, uttered the words required under section forty two of the Constitution, and then she signed a document which reaffirmed her and then she took the pay under section forty two. I mean, everything she has done has ticked every box. I'm not shocked she doesn't agree with what's on the bit of paper or the affirmation. I mean a third of the Parliament don't even with why they swear an allegiance to it. But it's because they're ignoramisis it's because they don't know what they're actually about, and they don't really understand. The nine eighty six we passed a law in the Australian Parliament which made it all all this crown business all about Australia, the Australia Act. And in nine to eighty six and the haw government, it became very very clear to absolutely everyone that the king is a symbol or the crown is a symbol of it.
Speaker 11: But you are.
Speaker 7: Swearing an allegiance to Australia.
Speaker 11: And its people.
Speaker 7: And if she doesn't get that, I put it politely to say, she's not.
Speaker 2: Quite right, basil. What do you think.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's an argument she might be ineligible? Or is this just a waste of everyone's time or perhaps wishful thinking?
Speaker 1: Absolutely idiotic.
Speaker 9: It is a waste of everybody's time, and it is a waste of everybody's time that she prompted actually by highlighting it to everybody, trying to say, well, I never took that oath of allegiance because I misspoke, then suddenly realizing hang on, that couldn't cost the quarter of a million dollars that I'm earning at the moment, so I better backflip away from that one they can't get rid of me. I misspoke. I didn't deliberately say it, but actually in those two statements that she's made within about twenty four forty eight hours, it just highlights the ridiculous nature of her approach, the contempt with which she treats the Australian Parliament, and quite frankly, I'm not sure who she is representative of. She's got three and a half years to go, can't come quickly enough.
Speaker 7: Just never forget though she was the deputy Leader of the Greens and all those nutbags in.
Speaker 2: There voted for her to be the deputy.
Speaker 7: Leader of the Greens. How do all unbelievable?
Speaker 3: These characters who you know, I mean, the people representing Australians in the Senate and in the Parliament should be the cream of the crop, should be the smartest people in this country. Yep. Show from diverse backgrounds, but they should be smart and we just don't see that Jason Deputy Leader.
Speaker 7: It's just unbelievable. Look, she's getting what she wants though. The tragedy here is she's getting a lot of publicity.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, before we go, just a final quick topic. The Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke. It's been revealed front page or at least in the Daily Telegraph today. He's one of a number of labor politicians who went on a study tour to the Palestinian territories funded by an anti Israel lobby group. APAN that's the Australian Palasine Advocacy Network has accused Israel of genocide. It was a posed to her Musk being categorized as a terror organization. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't have time to show you all the offensive remarks that its leadership have made Basil. It also looks like some of the labor funds went into this trip as well.
Speaker 2: Not a good look for Tony Burke.
Speaker 9: No, not a good look.
Speaker 1: And it's pretty straightforward, isn't it.
Speaker 9: If you're not anti Israel, you're not taking trips paid for by a group which effectively is AINTI ISRAELI.
Speaker 1: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 9: So it's time that a number of the members of the Labor government came clean on where they really stand on this issue. It's not simple, we know that, but we do understand that what happened over twelve months ago was the worst loss of life for Jewish people since the Holocaust, and there are still a great number of hostages being held. We'll released those hostages. Let's move on, and let's hear the labor government call for that.
Speaker 7: And they've got their money's worth in they out of the trip, cost them a few airfares. And look what Tony Burk's done for the cause.
Speaker 3: Hey Eiggs now the Home Affairs minister. And yet they sacked Mike Bazulo as secretary. Just appalling, all right, Jason Morrison, bazle zemplist, thank you both very much. Say now to more on my investigation into the shocking censorship of pro Jewish and Israel content at SPS. The taxpayer funded broadcaster refused to publish, or remove from online or edit it interviews that they thought were too supportive of Israel. One was with a family member of the current hostage being held in Gaza. That interview was completed, but it never went to air.
Speaker 2: It is beyond shocking.
Speaker 3: Imagine silencing the family member of a current hostage, and that family member, by the way, is going to come on my show on Monday night and speak about this. There needs to be a federal government investigation into what has gone on here? In another example, an internationally renowned activist fighting antisemitism, she had her interview edited, then another interview with Richard Kemp.
Speaker 2: It was initially.
Speaker 3: Broadcast on SBS radio, then it was deleted completely from all SBS platforms just a few hours later. And he's going to join me live right now. The Jewish journalist who did those interviews I meet.
Speaker 2: Rehak is now seeking legal advice. But it shouldn't be up to him. It needs to be up to.
Speaker 3: All of us to hold this taxpayer funded broadcaster to account. Meanwhile, Israel has uncovered evidence that six Al Jazeera journalists are terrorist operatives from Hamas and Palestinian Islamic g Had. One of the journalists is said to have served as the head of a rocket launching squad.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen to that.
Speaker 3: One of the Al Jazeera journalists served as the head of a rocket launching squad. Another was said to be the deputy of a propaganda unit in Islamic g Had. One was a sniper, another was a training company commander who was then wounded in an Israeli air strike. These terrorists weren't bringing you the news, they were bringing you propaganda. Straight from terror organizations, Yet the mainstream media lapped it up because they were hungry to accuse Israel of war crimes and when Israel has killed terrorists, media outlets have complained that journalists.
Speaker 2: Were being targeted.
Speaker 3: I asked Esper today whether they would now be cutting ties with our Jazeira no response.
Speaker 2: To these questions or to discuss all of this.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in now live from Israel. Retired British commander Richard Kemp, Colonel, thank you very much for joining me now you've led British forces into a raq in Afghanistan. Your views, anyone.
Speaker 2: Would argue, deserve to be hurt.
Speaker 3: What is your reaction to my revelation that the SBS deleted an interview with you because you were too supportive of Israel.
Speaker 11: Well, unfortunately, it's the reality of so many large scale and influential broadcasts and other media outs as well that they want to bias their output against Israel. It's not a question of just deleting people who are speaking in support of Israel or in support of the truth and reality, but also they want their primary emphasis is on anti Israel bias, and people like Gues, SBS, the BBC over here in the UK and other broadcasting organizations, they basically fuel her mass, They encourage he mass, they give strength to her mass, they prolong the conflict. And it's all by supporting her massa's narrative, whether wittingly or unwittingly, that's what they do.
Speaker 1: And it's the same with people.
Speaker 11: Organizations like the United Nations and the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court, they're all strengthening her mass.
Speaker 1: They might as well be.
Speaker 11: Part of the mass with the bias that they show towards har Mass and against Israel.
Speaker 3: I understand a scenario where, say, you know, Vladimir Putin was being interviewed, and so the interview was required to ask very tough questions. But Israel is an ally of Australia, of America, of the United States. So can you understand this, SAI, where you, as a farm a British commander, a distinguished war veteran, where you're not allowed to express your viewpoint on a public broadcaster in Australia because you were too supportive of one of our allies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can understand it. I disagree with it, of course, but I was actually asked some quite tough questions during the SBS interview, and quite rightly too, that they're entitled and they should probe people views, whoever, whatever their background, whoever they are. But if they want, if they do want to have if they do want their listeners to have a balanced perspective of Israel and of the conflict there and of the different mechanics there, then they need to include people like me. And you know, I don't demand a right to be to have a platform. They invited me to be interviewed in the first place. I didn't ask for it. But I've got objective experience. I'm not Israeli, I'm not Jewish. I have a great deal of experience of armed conflict around the world. I've been in Israel for most of the last year, into Gaza with the idea if I've seen the reality of what's happening. I've studied her massing great depth, and I think my perspective, you know, with modesty, I think my perspective is probably worth hearing, which I assume is the reason they asked for me to join in the first place, although they obviously didn't like what they heard.
Speaker 3: A very good point an apologies, I thought you were still in Israel because when I was there a couple of weeks ago, I interviewed you on the ground, but you're now back in London.
Speaker 2: Just before we move on to other.
Speaker 3: Topics, Given SBS is a publicly funded broadcaster, do you think there should be an investigation into the extent of this censorship of pro Israel vices.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I do. I think if if any organization, any media organization, is funded by taxpayers money, the taxpayer should have an objective or the media organization should be speaking objectively. They shouldn't be censoring people who just don't happen to suit their their private agenda. The same applies, as I mentioned to organizations like the BBC. There will been numerous investigations into the BBC finding horrific, horrific anti Israel bias over many years, and what's the result. Zero as investigations. There's not public or formal investigations yet. There should be, but all of the investigators this bias and the BBC simply brushes aside.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure FBS will do the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about this FBI investigation into the leaking of at least two classified documents to social media. This detailed Israel's preparations for a potential strike on Iran in retaliation for the ballistic missiles a couple of weeks ago, maybe three weeks ago. Now, Richard, how concerning is this leak of classified material? It looks we don't know for certain, it looks like it has come from the US end.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's deeply concerning, and it does show I think it was either a desire among certain individuals within the within the US government organizations to do damage to Israel, either that or gross misjudgment about what is the right thing in relation to trying to trying to as they continually discuss it, de escalate the situation. But it goes beyond that kind of misjudgment and the direct damage of this leak, which is certainly going to be damaging Israel, provides a huge amount of intelligence to the United States, as it does to Australia and the UK and other countries in relation to threats to our countries. And you know, when I was in Australia a few years back, it came to light that there was a terrorist plan and al Qaeda plan, I think, to hijack an aircraft from Sydney Airport. And crash it, and that was stopped by Israeli intelligence.
Speaker 4: So if.
Speaker 11: There's damage to the intelligence relationship through leakage, then of course that puts in jeopardy the continued flow of intelligence from Israel. I don't think actually Israel would ever, no matter what any country does to it, would ever deny intelligence, life saving intelligence to any country.
Speaker 1: But it's potentially very damaging.
Speaker 3: Look, we have been expecting Israel to retaliate against those Iranian strikes for a couple of weeks now it still hasn't happened. Is your sense that Israel was waiting for this US THAD missile defense system to be up and running or do you think there's a possibility And I think it was that they were waiting for the THAD Missile defense system to be up and running before they launched an attack on Iran. But do you think there is a possibility that they could be waiting until after the US election.
Speaker 11: I think all of those things and other factors come into play here. And Prime Minister Netanya, who is the person who will make the ultimate decision with the authority of the Security Cabinet on exactly when and what actions to take. I think Israel knows what it's going to do. But all of these different factors, like making sure there is enough defense in Israel against a potential large scale Iranian retaliation does come into play, as of course does the US election. And you know, Israel has been extremely effective so far in this war to some extent that is due to US support with weaponry, etc.
Speaker 1: As well as defense systems, and of.
Speaker 11: Course that it's therefore important that Israel doesn't do anything to seriously undermine its relationship with the US, particularly at this critical point before an election. I think they may have greater freedom to act when they see the outcome of the election, So potentially it'll be after that, but I wouldn't nor would I discount it happening at any time. You know, all these different there's so many different factors involve which week about. But the Israeli Prime Minister does and as far as I can see so far, he's been calling all the right shots in this war.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 3: Couldn't agree with you more, all right, Colonel Richard Kemp, really appreciate your time tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: After the break, China ramps up attacks on Australia with accusations of hate crimes or how will the Prime Minister respond? Plus the wife of Nomad restaurant ownA speaks out as her husband face court today. We're also going to cover those desperate accusations from the Democrats that Trump liked Hitler. Trump's former attorney general would join me a bit later on the show.
Speaker 2: That's all coming up, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, China has hit out at the Albanezy government, accusing it of systematic racism and hate crimes, seriously violating the rights of refugees and immigrants and indigenous people with vulnerable living conditions. This came after Australia is you and Envoy cord on Beijing Beijing to do more about the massi ab use of wigas in Shingiang and we've hardly heard the actual ministers in the Albanezi government raised the issue of the wigas in Shingxiang their entire time in office. Well, the Prime Minister had this to say today.
Speaker 12: We'll always stand up for Australia's interests and when it comes to China, we've said we'll cooperate where we can, we'll disagree where we must, and we'll engage in our national interest. And we've raised issues of human rights with China. We've done that in a consistent and clear way.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's bring in former Liberal Minister Gary Hargrave and associate editor at The Australian Graham Lloyd.
Speaker 2: Welcome to you both. Gary.
Speaker 3: This is ering a rare criticism from China because the Albanzi government has taken a very different approach from the United States in the past two and a half years.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but it's probably off the back of the Australian government negotiating Pat Conroy's negotiation for seven billion dollars worth of missiles. I mean, I think this is just their little shot back at us, and it's just purely them reminding us that they have the power to decide whether they want our lobsters or our wine. So this could be another set of problems that have just recently been fixed on the trade front. Look, there's no doubt the wig applight is awful and what has happened there is genuinely dreadful and it's reasonable, as the Premister said, for Australia to call it out. But I think this is just this usual kind of diplomacy that China's decided, oh well, you've gone and bought missiles.
Speaker 1: It could be aimed at us.
Speaker 13: Because no one knows really where the missiles are going. We suspect aim towards China. So we'll just say, oh, you're dreadful to indigenous Australians, so you've got human rights abuses. Don't pick on us over the vegas. So look, I think we just have to stand our ground. If we don't, Charie, this is the problem with a lot of what we do between Australia and China. If we actually fold because they have a go at us, they'll have no respect for us. We have to stand our ground on the issues we know are important.
Speaker 1: Pretty simple, Graham.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the fact that people like Foreign Minister Penny Wong, when she was in opposition, she raised human rights issues often, very rarely does she raise them now, despite pledging to do so when in opposition.
Speaker 2: We have seen this very muted response.
Speaker 3: Shod's good that our trade relationship is back on track with China. But I mean, you see far more criticism of our ally Israel than you do of the human rights issues going on with the wigs here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, that's right, Charri. And certainly all of the actions of the Albanesi government have been geared towards trying to plicate China and get back sort of the crumbs off the table that we're taking in a way. But what would surprise a lot of people is China and other groups in the United Nations they portray a picture of Australia as a colonial country that treats its indigenous community in a terrible fashion and sends its soldiers overseas to fight and indulge in all these awful war crimes. And this is a narrative that's played out against us routinely that we're probably unaware of. And as we have discussions in the media here about all these issues to do with war crimes and soldiers that is all harvested and deployed against us in the international diplomacy. So really there needs to be in across the board grown up understanding of how this all plays out, and certainly we must do everything to call out China for its human rights abuses. And it's astonishing that they would really try to mount the case that there's an equivalence with how we behave both here and overseas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's have a look at no mad because the now disgraced owner has pled guilty today in court to displaying a Nazi swastika at a pro Palestinian rally in Sydney. Our Yasbeck fronted Downing Center local court today.
Speaker 15: Here's what happened an esteemed restaurateur whose success is owed to good decision making. Whether this choice was regrettable is a question only Alan Yasbik can answer.
Speaker 1: Alan, do you regret your actions? Respectfully?
Speaker 2: No comment, no comment?
Speaker 15: The fifty six year old today pleading guilty.
Speaker 3: Gary, his wife is imploring customers to return. She says she's furious over her husband's actions and claims that he's no longer involved in the management of the business. Do you think this is going to win back any customers?
Speaker 13: Well, I don't know, but I got to say I thought, respectfully no comment is not the way to go. I think he needed to actually purge himself completely of the offensive nature of his decision making a week or three or whatever it was ago. There is actually no place at all for anybody who does these sorts of things. The anti anti Semitism is just rife on our universities, and we can't allow people, can't allow people in the business community to perpetuate that. You know, Shari, this is just not a good look. And if he loses his business over it, then his wife will know exactly why it happened. The bloke needed to actually apologize, He actually needed to make it clear that he was angry at himself because people are angry at him, and until he actually man's up and, as I said, purges himself of this offensive conduct. I don't know whether a lot of people are going to rush back there. I mean, I haven't been a Woolworth and spend any money since they turned their back on Australia Day. I'm not Jewish, but I'm very supportive of what is happening in Israel and very very angry about what is being done to Jews in general around the world. This bloke really should hang his head in shame, and customers will vote with their wallet, That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: And Graham, it wasn't a one off.
Speaker 3: There have been reports in the newspapers that several years ago he had water bomb balloons outside a synagogue, so he's obviously a long term pattern of behavior here.
Speaker 14: It's hard to understand, isn't it What goes on in people's heads. But it's no surprise that his wife is now traumatized that the state of affairs, he's blown the family business up, and she's concerned about that, probably as much as anything else. But you've got to have that sneaking suspicion that she knew all along what he thought about everything. It doesn't really ring true that this has all come as a bit of surprise, and it's very traumatic. It certainly will be traumatic for the wallet and that's perhaps how it should be right.
Speaker 3: Thank you both for your support on that one as well. Gary Hargrave, Graham Lloyd.
Speaker 2: Good to see you both. Now still to.
Speaker 3: Come concerns over Kamala's performance Today at the CNN town Hall, I'm going to speak with Trump's former acting Attorney general shortly plus the fallout from the Energy regulator's damning admission that Labour's renewable energy plans won't bring down power prices, Cam Reddin will join me from Canberra next.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 2: When Peter Dutton announced.
Speaker 3: His plan for nuclear energy, the Albanzi government ordered a snap inquiry designed to expose flaws in his vision, and today was the start of the inquiry. We saw major agencies, AEMO CSIRO and the Department give evidence. So just how much damage did this achieve politically for Dutton? Well joining me now is Sky News political reporter cam Reddin.
Speaker 2: Cam So this inquiry.
Speaker 3: Was basically a political hit by the government on Dutton's nuclear energy proposal.
Speaker 2: Did it achieve its purpose?
Speaker 3: Whether were their concerns from the agencies today about the.
Speaker 16: Plan that was certainly the design Shario, I think they've caught a few blows, but perhaps not a knockout one. And what we really learned today one of the key takeouts from this nearly eight nine hours of inquiries here in Canberra was that the main opponent, or the biggest hurdle that the coalition might have to clear, isn't the Labor Party. It might not even be skeptics of nuclear energy. It's the bureaucracy and the red tape. The energy regulated today as part of these hearings revealed that they think even in a best case scenario, it could take between eight and ten years to design all the rules and regulations, the big system and network of red tape that would underpin a nuclear energy industry just to get it off the ground. So think about that eight to ten years of writing the documents of rules, of regulations, of permits, and all the different forms that need to be filled out before a single brick could be laid down to build the first reactor. Now we know under the coalition's plan, they believe they can get nuclear into the energy grid by twenty thirty five. That's when they think the first one can be up and running. According to the regulator, though they think they might not be able to even get the red tape done by twenty thirty five. So for all the hurdles that the coalition might need to leap over in order to get nuclear power up and going, if, of course, it wins the next election, one of the biggest ones might be getting the bureaucracy to feed up. They need to go pretty quick smart. If that's the kind of hurdle they're facing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like it. Cam. You've been on the ground for the Queensland election.
Speaker 3: What's your prediction for where things are headed on Saturday, given the polls have been tightening this week.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they always tend to tighten a few days out from election day. Show it should be enough to still see the Liberal National Party home everywhere I went for the ten days or so I spent in Queensland and we went up the north. I was following David chris A fully around through Townsville, even out to long Reach in the middle of back Queensland. There were two issues I think that really cut through more than anything. One was the issue of crime. You can see why the LNP has made this the bedrock really of its campaign. Almost everywhere we went, almost everyone had a story, whether it was their own personal one, or someone they worked with, someone they knew who'd had their castle and their business broken into. It was just everywhere, and when that takes old, it's hard for a government to hold on. The Other one that I thought was quite surprising was the issue of fifty cent fares. It is so universally popular everywhere you go, so popular in fact, the l ANDP dropped any opposition to it and said if we win, we will keep fifty cent public transport fares around as well. Even though Sharia voters are giving labor credits saying we like the idea of cheap of public transport, I'm not sure it's enough that they will vote for them too. So the polls still have the l ANDP in front. It may not be the smashing that some people are predicting, but barring a last minute disaster, the LNP should cruise to victory on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's looking like a certainty that the next Premier of Queensland will be David Chris if Wooley Cameron.
Speaker 2: And thank you so much for that excellent analysis.
Speaker 3: And after the break, the US election campaign takes another turn. The jabs at Donald Trump coming thick and fast.
Speaker 2: Now former US.
Speaker 3: Acting Attorney General will join me to discuss Kamala's last ditch effort to win over voters. Stay tuned, welcome back, and let's bring in now Donald Trump's former acting US Attorney General, Matthew Whittaker. Matthew, welcome back to the show. Look, you're traveling around with Team Trump. You were in Pennsylvania today. I understand what's the plan for the final countdown for the Trump campaign.
Speaker 17: Well, it's good to be with you again. And you know what I can tell you is we are not taking anything for granted and we're going to sprint through the finish. Here we are on a bus tour across Pennsylvania. Great crowds and really a lot of enthusiasm. One of the things We're trying to make sure folks do is vote early and then so we can focus on those that don't vote in every election. Unlike Australia where everybody is mandated to vote. You know, we have people that almost half of our fellow citizens that don't show up and vote every year reliably for president. And so we're making sure that we were the reliable voters. We're banking those votes, and then we're focused on those you know, sometimes sometimes vote, sometimes not voters.
Speaker 3: Look, the seven battleground states are really crucial for the outcome of this election. Clearly you and the former president are spending a lot of time there in the final fourteen days. What's the reaction been like on the ground in Pennsylvania? The polls have Donald Trump just ahead around one point one percent in the seven battleground states on average. Do you think this is going to be enough to get him over the line, Well, it just depends.
Speaker 17: You know, we've had inaccurate polling in the last two presidential elections in twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen, I mean in twenty twenty and so what you're seeing is a is a cautiousness because we don't know whether these polls are accurate this year or whether they're off again. You know, typically Trump voters are hard to find, harder to find for polsters than Democrat voters.
Speaker 1: But you know, I've been to all of the swing states.
Speaker 17: Most recently, I've been in Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.
Speaker 1: And you know, what I'm seeing is a real.
Speaker 17: Desire from those that support Donald Trump and those that are interested in Donald Trump in making sure that he is the one in the White House in January. Because you know, the issues, whether it's the border, the southern border, whether it's national security, whether it is energy policy, whether it is law and order issue that I care a lot about, or whether it's the economy, all of those issues, Donald Trump is very strong and I think a lot of voters think he is the one that can fix these problems that really, quite frankly, have been caused by Kamala Harris and Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Well, Kamala rus I did another town hall with CNN with Addison Cooper today. She was asked yet again why she's changed positions on some issues.
Speaker 2: Have a look.
Speaker 4: Can you talk a little bit about how your positions have shifted and.
Speaker 8: Why sure, and thank you. So. First of all, on fracking, I've been very clear we kind of dispense with this in twenty twenty, I am not going to bandfracking. I did not as vice president. In fact, as vice president, I cast the tie breaking vote that now has opened up more fracking leases. My value on the issue of what we need to do to invest in a clean energy economy and a clean energy future has not changed. But frankly, I now have the experience perspective of having been vice president.
Speaker 3: Matt, what did you think of her answers on why she's changed positions on major policy areas.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, I've never seen a major party candidate debate themselves alone.
Speaker 1: It's really quite extraordinary.
Speaker 17: She can't be trusted on so many issues you know that the American people care about. Here in Pennsylvania, a major state that has a lot of jobs that depend on fracking, the folks I'm talking to that are on the ground do not believe that she can be trusted on this. I mean, she was a strong proponent when she ran in twenty nineteen for ending fracking. Her campaign and even herself have been all over the board. You know, Kamala Harris is unfortunately one of those politicians that will say anything to anybody in order to try to win an election. But she just can't be trusted on this issue in so many others.
Speaker 3: We've played the comments already on the show tonight where she accused Donald Trump of being a fascist. She repeated those accusations today. What do you think this says about her mindset a couple of weeks out.
Speaker 17: It just shows, you know, that she's willing to take cheap political hits at Donald Trump. I mean, no one believes that Donald Trump is a fascist because I'll tell you what, he was a president of the United States for four years and really took no action that would suggests that he wants to lead us to something like Mussolini's Italy. So you know, I just I think that is just a cheap political slur that Kamala Harris is trying to throw against President Trump in order to steal this election.
Speaker 1: But she's just not going to make it happen.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt Whitaker, thank you very much for your time in joining us from the campaign trail.
Speaker 2: Now that's it for me.
Speaker 3: On Monday, I'm going to be joined by a family member of a hostage in Gaza. Who did the interview with SBS but they refuse to run it. This is going to steamroll into a major story censorship from a public broadcaster, So tune in Monday at eight up now Paul Murray