Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Be great.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 2: You're one hundred. Well, good morning and happen Ferada. Oh Jackie O's arrived morning do sorning Lauren rolling in during the opener? How are we? That is heart mess? Do you know what that is? Timing? That is absolute timing?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: How do you do it?
Speaker 1: I just arrived Melbourne. This building is so slow. I sat at the gate waiting for it to open that garage door, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: You can't win, can you. It's not enough security. And we put in all the gates.
Speaker 1: No, it's great, the gates. Everything takes a long does when you're in a rush.
Speaker 2: Well, you look amazing for someone that's just rolled out of bed.
Speaker 1: I haven't just rolled out of bed, you know. I was getting ready this morning and then I was just faffing around, having a lovely time, rearranging.
Speaker 2: By soft drawer.
Speaker 1: And I looked at the time and I was like, it's thirteen minutes to six. What am I doing?
Speaker 2: You know what? Sometimes I do that. I just stand there in the shower with the water running over me, and I just start thinking about things, and I'm like, hey, I have a job to do. Yeah, I must go for one day, for one day.
Speaker 1: And I need.
Speaker 2: It's a bit brattling, isn't it. Oh sorry?
Speaker 1: What was that ida night out with Clint last night? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mum was out on the tawny hell on a Thursday night. You know my favorite bit? This morning I said that Clint, what time do you guys get home? And he didn't say anything. And then I look over next to me and he was checking his Zubra account.
Speaker 3: I don't know what time it wasn't because that's a good marking for your night out.
Speaker 2: Tip for those at home, just check the U bit receipt.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks that none of them have ever thought of that before.
Speaker 2: You know what. Listening to your news, I couldn't even tell you that you were out.
Speaker 1: The start I heard it in the cart was smooth.
Speaker 2: This I've got, I've got the audio filod.
Speaker 3: Morning Melbourne, Clints down away with you. Close to five hundred Quantas maintenance engineers will take the take, take the take the take, take the That was the job and country today.
Speaker 2: That was a little type.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Quantus workers are doing.
Speaker 2: What had written in their Talk Talk the day shot fire by Moby in the audio department. Nice and early.
Speaker 1: Today, not me, guys.
Speaker 2: Final show of.
Speaker 1: The year, I know how wonderful.
Speaker 2: Which means wheels off.
Speaker 1: Crazy runouts, crazy run out, start to give away.
Speaker 2: We got it all to give early?
Speaker 1: What can we give away? I want to give something away and.
Speaker 2: I got a suppressed you know.
Speaker 1: I want to give something away now.
Speaker 2: At the time of year, I feel like you've just skipped over it as I've.
Speaker 1: Got surprised too. It'said I want to give themselves. Oh you've got like empty apposed to be excited.
Speaker 2: No, trust me, I've done good over a great scat for you, i'd say you certain parts of Melbourne come out a little bit later on Hey Lauren, amazing, I'm across the surprise.
Speaker 1: I hate it when it's two against one. Well, I'm going to give something away. Thirteen twenty four ten crazy runout sale, Last day of the year. Who wants a double passed fat boy slim or a two hundred dollars in Dodor spa vaut So you can.
Speaker 2: Pick, Oh, okay, fat boy or the Spa. That's what we're doing next, so will of fortune.
Speaker 1: Yes, that little Adriana Xentity.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, fat Boy or the Spa. It's how we're kicking off the show to.
Speaker 1: Slim Or in Dodors Spa, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. May I set the toe for our final show? Please do? Oh yeah? When we're when in ready, let's go. Final show of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four Hasn't it been fun?
Speaker 2: This has been one of the best years I've ever had in radio compared to lassies, so not the best, was one of the worst, not the best.
Speaker 1: And one of the best. He was better room.
Speaker 2: I had a good run in the Black Thunders a while back.
Speaker 1: That's when you met your wife?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, well I want to be missus Clause this morning because sometimes we get things that we can give away and I'm it's that time of year, so let's just do it. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Do you want to in Dodo Spa voucher or tickets to Fat Boy Slim?
Speaker 2: All right, so we're.
Speaker 1: Doing this is not what we were supposed to do, by the way.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, but unlike you to break the rules, Let's do fat Boy or and Doda. Let's go to Louise Good morning, Louise. You got a fat Boy Slim.
Speaker 4: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't do that. She wants the Do you want the Endodo Spa voucher or the Fat Boy Slim tickets?
Speaker 2: Umm?
Speaker 1: I reckon, I'm going to go in Dodos Bar because I woke up for work feeling like a zombie. I need it. Yes, listen to this for gift we're feeling given in Dota gift card. It's the gift that lets them feel calm, nurtured and renewed. Visit in Dota today.
Speaker 2: I'm in my white linen pants today. I'm ready to give away some in dotus. Yeah, you look like you're then you look like your half spend half Captain Lee from below Death. I'll take that what I was going for Jamie in Dodo or the fat Boy fat Boy Slim. Please, there we go. Tickets to yours awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Fat Boy Slim brings the summer's biggest outdoor rape to Mount Danita Steak, Geelong, Saturday, March twenty second. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: This fair boy doing Wineries.
Speaker 1: I just well, apparently he's doing Mount Anita Steak that's a winery.
Speaker 2: You can't sound shocked. You just read it.
Speaker 1: I just read the words and didn't listen to myself. I said, I can give this stuff away as long as I say what it is properly.
Speaker 2: You can't go. Fat boys stay, let's go. Simon. Hello, Simon, how how are you for a Friday?
Speaker 5: I'm not too bad?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: What's the vibe on the streets out there?
Speaker 2: Tell us what's happening out there?
Speaker 5: There's not a lot on.
Speaker 7: Just about to pick yourself up a coffee and to work.
Speaker 2: Rivening chat. You are you? Simon strikes me as a fat boy, slim kind of guy.
Speaker 8: No, not really, probably more guy Simon.
Speaker 1: Now, Simon for a gift with feeling, given in DODED gift card. It's the gift that lets them feel calm, nurtured and renewed. Visit in door today what a.
Speaker 2: Fat boy sleep massages? I just sent to a fat boy? Or in Dodo what do you want? Oh in Dodo would be amazing day.
Speaker 6: Thank you well?
Speaker 1: Just inter for a gift with feeling, give an in DODED gift card. It's the gift that lets them feel calm, nurtured and renewed visit in Doda today. Okay, that's our three in Dodor. That just done, well done, done for the holiday.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the holidays.
Speaker 1: Enjoy you you do, enjoy your break.
Speaker 2: Thank you, enjoy a break from us. It is just gone.
Speaker 1: What were we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Then? Oh, we're going to talk about our night out, mister missus Calaues.
Speaker 1: That's what it says on the rundown. We should do it again later.
Speaker 2: I know. I want to find out where you two ended up last night because I have a feeling things got out of hand. They had.
Speaker 1: We went to a new let's go to all break.
Speaker 2: It had the potential to get out of hand.
Speaker 1: Not like we had to leave because Clinton had an emergence.
Speaker 2: Shot yourself almost huge morning ahead. Hey Andy Lee, we love him, but he's in hot water.
Speaker 1: I've got a feeling I'm going to be in a similar position as Andy Lee very soon.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to get to that. Just after six.
Speaker 1: Thirty last night, Clinton and I went out to a new restaurant, A Crown, A crowd a Crown.
Speaker 2: There's a new Restaurant's lovely as well.
Speaker 1: Smiley DJ, he's done it like l a inspired bar restaurant. Food was good.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what we're doing dinner.
Speaker 1: Well, you weren't on the list again, another invitation that you.
Speaker 2: Jason. Some real Vippis were there. It was it was star studded.
Speaker 1: You could don Dollar was there, Dom Dollar was the Dollar was there and Clint stwandaway.
Speaker 2: Was there a photo? Wo? Yes, there was? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I just didn't have the patience for people getting their photos out the three and I just said, oh, can I sneak in? And they said no, it's a photo And I said, oh it's fine. I don't mind if I don't get a photo.
Speaker 2: For the food, for the champagne exactly three larries.
Speaker 1: Just the supermodels. They supermodel?
Speaker 2: Were they? Yes?
Speaker 1: Stunning.
Speaker 3: They were doing the most elaborate photo shooting, taking garments off, putting garments on.
Speaker 2: It was quite a scene.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we had to leave in a rush because Clint thought he was going to have a situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were walking to the Uber and I was like, can you stop running? And I was trying to tell him the story, was like tell me, tell me, and I'm like, why you are meet her ahead of me? I don't want to yell the story.
Speaker 3: I was walking carry saxby Juna because Clinton awake.
Speaker 2: She was an Australian walker back in the eighties.
Speaker 1: You're faster than that. You're running bro.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Anyway, I don't think I've ever heard anyone reference.
Speaker 3: It's our last day today, and I've got myself into another situation because.
Speaker 1: This is also a situation.
Speaker 2: We've got some.
Speaker 3: Lovely colleagues here, but a colleague that helps me each and every day is the lovely Ash Gardener.
Speaker 1: We love now.
Speaker 2: She can run, She's like mother. She can run and.
Speaker 1: She right well.
Speaker 2: So a peak behind the times.
Speaker 1: When Clint's too hungover, Ash reads the news for him because she's a professional.
Speaker 2: She's so professional.
Speaker 1: Good morning, hello, into that beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely boy. Are we on track for the Olympics?
Speaker 9: No, no, it's very it's very kind that you think that is an option for me, but no, definitely Not's.
Speaker 1: The fittest person I know, and she just didn't Iron Woman recently. I mean, come on, a madness. Have you recovered from that yet?
Speaker 2: I'm still missing a couple of times.
Speaker 9: Because you're too worried about this is why you don't often see me wearing open to shoes.
Speaker 1: It's the season for open's the season.
Speaker 2: Be careful what we say.
Speaker 3: I thought i'd give you a little gift today, just to thank you for everything that you've done.
Speaker 2: Let's have a little awkward hug.
Speaker 1: News readers uniting because she does so much to help me. Well, he didn't get up.
Speaker 2: Here's the issue.
Speaker 1: So he likes you the best.
Speaker 3: I went shopping yesterday for a few little odds and ends, and I bought two gifts from this one store and I had them gift wrapped.
Speaker 2: Don't know which ones exactly the same size?
Speaker 1: What are the options?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't mind me declaring what they are?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So one is this beautiful smelling Christmas candle? What are you doing? What do you say? Ship?
Speaker 1: Cleanse? Fig around? Clint said the sea word.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Melbourne, when will you learn here? It comes Cleanse. We'll be back in a minute. Final show of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's one strike?
Speaker 2: Can we like? Put Clint on the telly up slowly? That's gone up. I cannot do Mariah today. I just can't.
Speaker 1: It's the last show of the year.
Speaker 3: Agree, So Lauren leads away A nice wow, Jason, I seven each I cou'tle believe I'm up seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, you say the sea word. During December, you get Mariah here on No, Clint.
Speaker 1: You've got a ketnundrum. You've bought two.
Speaker 3: I bought two, had them gift wrapped at the store, beautiful Ash. One is a festive candle which I bought for Ash. The other is a Chris Kringle present which is exactly the same size as this box. But it's a mug and it has on the mug Small Dick Energy.
Speaker 1: And you got them wrapped at the same.
Speaker 2: Shottle penises on it. I want them.
Speaker 1: And so you had them wrapped in the same shop and you don't know which one.
Speaker 9: This is not your handiwork.
Speaker 2: As that's my ash.
Speaker 1: Happy holidays from Clims.
Speaker 7: I'm typically part opener first, but.
Speaker 1: This is the exception to the because we all want to know what did you get.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of ribbon.
Speaker 1: I hope it's the small Dick Energy mug. I will laugh and you can't give it back. I want to see you drinking your tea from that, you know.
Speaker 2: Will jeezush card it just rip it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: It is a Christmas in the studio for twenty seconds I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, have you done.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Across Melbourne? This is number one hundred. That is Mariah Harry. Okay, that's it normal sea words.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's two in half an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: One was on Ashgardner, who is the brains behind the Clint Stanaway operation and the beauty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're writing scripts. You'd be proud of me this morning. Take a listen to this Good Morning Melbourne. Clint down Away with you.
Speaker 3: Close to five hundred quantas maintenance engineers will take the take, take the take, take, take the walk off the job at Major.
Speaker 2: There was editsing we know it is? Do you know what? It was? Actually a type ash that's on.
Speaker 1: You, Ash, I know. Sorry, You're so cute. You can do whatever you like.
Speaker 2: A great segment, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm clinted down Away.
Speaker 2: Coming up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Jay?
Speaker 2: Is this going to make it? I'm worried this next segment's going to make us feel old.
Speaker 1: I think it might make you feel old. Well, you did say something before that really made gen z and a giggle and you don't know what it is?
Speaker 2: Oh what did I say? Oh? No, so we do have one of our team members, gen Z, she's well, she's twelve going on thirteen.
Speaker 1: How old are you actually? Twenty two? Sixteen? Tell the truth?
Speaker 2: Sixteen?
Speaker 1: Well we've got an issue with the festive party tonight, then you can't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, how old?
Speaker 1: I really put my foot in it. The twenty five? Oh grow up? I thought you were like twenty. I've in my midlife classes.
Speaker 2: Maybe glasses. That's it, we're comparing our lives. Next, you're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and so is our twelve year old producer gen Z. Good morning, Good, good morning, let's go morning. So there's an article that was floating around this week, and how accurate this is? I feel like it's a beat up, probably from the PR departy, I don't think. So they've done some research and they're saying that gen zas which is you? That's me hanging up the shot glasses for frozen yogurt cups on a Saturday night.
Speaker 1: So all these froyo shops are heaving on a Saturday night in their early twenties. But also people in their twenties are way more health conscious than.
Speaker 2: They got little rings on their watches and if.
Speaker 1: They are drinking drinking like the zero sugar like I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Stoly lemon rosky.
Speaker 1: Yes, rosky, I was drinking all the sugary like drinks in a can when I was.
Speaker 2: They still do.
Speaker 1: Watermelon Bardi breezes.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: You've never heard of them.
Speaker 2: No, you've never heard of a Baccadi breezer.
Speaker 1: No, what about a lemon rusky?
Speaker 10: I've had a ruskin.
Speaker 1: We do cruises, not a bruiser cruises cruise.
Speaker 3: Bree breeze was a bit more bougie, was it Bacardiadi Breez.
Speaker 1: And Avoka cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The watermelon yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, on the balance of it, just my sister is around the same age. Just means we are age and she's another one.
Speaker 3: She doesn't really drink like she's she's a sort of fro yo kind of goal Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 1: Something nice about doing nothing on a Saturday night, waking up fresh on a Sunday. I mean, it's not the season for it at the moment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no, we.
Speaker 1: Will thing because there is a generational gap between New gen Z and us, and in particular Jason. So tonight is the office festive party, and before we were talking about it because we what are we doing tonight? We can't go We've got a beautiful formal wedding.
Speaker 2: We have a lovely formal wedding tonight of Darcy Jane.
Speaker 1: You're talking congratulations Darcy and Jane. You're wearing a beautiful black suits. We're talking about that. He's already got a complex about it.
Speaker 2: Clean.
Speaker 1: You absolutely can wear the black suit.
Speaker 3: Cleant stop, I'm not too sure about black cat wear a black tie with black suit.
Speaker 2: What are you doing to a wedding?
Speaker 1: No, you can wear a black suit. Men can wear a black No, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Where the black suits start. He's not parking cars.
Speaker 1: We have two and a half hours of this show and he's going to wig out for the mists shopping. Okay, good one. Anyway, the office party, we're trying to work out between the ceremony and the dinner, we could get to the office parties pop in and say hello. And I said, well, it doesn't really line up because it starts at six at six and gen Z, what did Jason? That's so late? That was so late six pm, That is so late at the same time in the phone room, exact same time. That's so early.
Speaker 2: Can I point out? I was coming from a cool angle where I was like, why wait till six?
Speaker 1: Let's people have jobs that generally finish around five, and then you've got to get ready for the party. Six is way too early, Jess. I would be like, eight o'clock, it's probably a good start. Well that was my concern because I thought if we pop in for fifteen minutes at the start and say hello, I was like, no one's going to be there at six. So last night Clinton and I went to this dinner gen Z You'll get around this, and it said it said seven o'clock. You went on the list need that was chess, It's at seven o'clock. And I was like, oh, that's sit down at seven. There's obviously drinks before that. So Clinty and I walked in at seven and we were the second people. Did you eat nine o'clock?
Speaker 2: The main the wago was beautiful nine o'clock. That's breakfast? Jesting it did they blend it for you? What have I told you? Anything after eight pm needs to be.
Speaker 1: They had an hour of cocktails and standards and I walked around like, when were were sitting down? When a we're sitting down. When are we eating? Let's get this.
Speaker 2: Show on the road.
Speaker 1: Joey guy. You're wearing a nice time, but let's get the show on the right.
Speaker 2: It'll be me tonight at the wedding. All right, we get it. You're in love. Let's go so good morning. This is Melbourne's triple M sorry number one hundred, my.
Speaker 1: Bad Sway request, last day of the year. Well done, standards.
Speaker 2: I was on the MS when that came out.
Speaker 1: That song, Yeah, you really got into it. Gen Z's never heard it before. It's a new artist, very super linon. Enough on my baby, all right?
Speaker 2: Um made a follow up? Who Phil Sunburn? Not one of the strongest.
Speaker 1: I get it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the.
Speaker 1: Guys. I've got an idea the last show of the year. I sent this to Jays. I love it like a TikTok trend. I love it. You know, you get stuck in the elk. What's currently on your algorithm? Plenty?
Speaker 2: That's a really good question.
Speaker 3: I think it's like festive crack, you know, you know that what's festive crack? The stuff that you're baking the oven, better soladas, a bit of carameli type and then goodness and then some chocolate on top.
Speaker 1: And then you break it up, break it up like bark, Christmas, Christmas Bark. We all said it. You said it first.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I said bestive crack you idiots. No, it wasn't me. She said it first, she said Christmas bark, and then I was one, Oh God.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, seriously, we'll just play Brian Adams into Fuel Into Mariah.
Speaker 1: Well they nearly got the other seaweb seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, double figures, Laura.
Speaker 1: This was such a fun game and it's.
Speaker 2: Backfire absolutely Morning Melbourne. It is an Ober one hundred year on the Air with Jason Lauren, final show of the year. We've got a game we want to play. But also this is something you you can have a bit of fun and do animates place on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's where I saw it on TikTok. It was these people who were having a dinner party and there were six of them and it was Uber EAT's Roulette. So they all got a budget thirty bucks. You can't tell each other what and we're doing it for the team for breakfast this morning.
Speaker 2: Everyone has to get their phone and order something random, but.
Speaker 1: Don't tell anyone what it is, whatever you think would be a fun breakfast. And then we have one big buffet of all the different things we've ordered.
Speaker 2: But you might be eating out of a lamb suver because someone ordered that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that's what you want for.
Speaker 2: Brecky, and then chocolate Sundays might arrive.
Speaker 1: So we're having an Uber Eats buffet.
Speaker 2: We need a lazy season.
Speaker 1: So get these Susan Scrolly options where by, and then as they arrive, we'll announce what they were. Don't tell anyone what it is right now.
Speaker 2: So I just pick one meal.
Speaker 1: You got up to thirty No, up to thirty thirteen. Though it's for the buffet, you've got to contribute to the Uber Eats.
Speaker 2: Rules, like you if you get one croissant, that's not really going to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to buy enough for the team.
Speaker 2: And everyone on the team is going to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's going to be too much food.
Speaker 2: Can't just do us three?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: More rogue the better?
Speaker 1: All right? They all they all want in. Every run's in. It's going to be quite the buffet. Here we go where you sit on Indian No, you're not, No, I can't do it. But also if that's what you want, you can't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little butter chicken to go down a tree. I've been looking at a line everywhere for a pizza and it's hard to get No.
Speaker 1: I know places four our pizzas.
Speaker 2: They don't do it anymore. I just had a look. Is no longer bottom of chapter twenty four hours. Tokyo Leamingtons. Okay, all right, Tokyo Leamington sounds fun.
Speaker 1: I've already I found. I found what I want.
Speaker 2: Lamington's just food.
Speaker 1: Thirty dollars the budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can just see shakes if you wanted you could.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Ordered six bottles of Passion Pop early, not till after nine.
Speaker 2: It has just gone five Part seven. We've got a huge show coming up, but.
Speaker 1: We've got a huge wreckference buffet coming up to on the.
Speaker 2: Other side of this. There was something that happened this year that it was probably.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a very serious moment.
Speaker 2: It was it was It was probably the hardest moment for me on this show I've ever had.
Speaker 1: But it went a bit pear shaped.
Speaker 2: And the way we take that moment from you, one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent, we should relive it.
Speaker 2: I think we should. I don't think you could get any more raw than the way I was and the way you two supported me.
Speaker 1: But it's like family was disgusting. Sometimes when the chips are down, you gotta laugh.
Speaker 2: Dull, maybe a lord of chips. Let's check your rund to work. Latest in years You're on the air with Jason and Lauren clint here as well. Final show of twenty twenty four coming up. Closer to eight o'clock. We've got your chance to win five thousand dollars and after eight I've got a Christmas present for you, Jace. Oh are you Jason? Jason, we ain't getting out of here until three o'clock? S Sorry? Was that a real That was a real fumble?
Speaker 3: Actually I can feel it right here.
Speaker 6: Song.
Speaker 2: I'm over the song, so do we? That was your fault?
Speaker 1: Rules are rules. You're not getting your heavy metal song now. This is a replacement. Sucked.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Okay, that one was on me. I apologize. I'm actually quite angry with myself. You say the sea word, you get Mariah. I'm sorry. I'm over this game now.
Speaker 1: Like I was saying, tread carefully.
Speaker 2: I have a festive present for you. Great after eight o'clock. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, I'm going to hate it.
Speaker 2: Ana, No, well I think you like it.
Speaker 1: That means i'll hate it. Do you two have silly little smokes on your face?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people will be jealous. Just expect the unexpected, guys. Okay, we're going to get to that in a second. First, So we've been taking a look back at how not so fine moments this year, mixed emotions this year. Professionally, I would say in twenty seven years of radio, this has been one of the best years I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Like it's been great, Like this.
Speaker 2: Company over taking us from the streets have just been incredible. We love the people in this building. Everyone's so nice to work with. Personally. Had some highs and lows, and earlier this year probably that low point was scattering my parents' ashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, emotional, A huge day for your family.
Speaker 2: Massive massive and we all headed to the Gold Coaster to do it. We got the whole family together. I remember at the time, Clint, you flagged it. You're like, does it feel like closure or the end? Like after this, there's nothing else? And yeah, I had that fear going into it. But as you'll hear in the audio I'm.
Speaker 3: About to play or says, that's what friends are for you two.
Speaker 1: When you're family, sometimes you get the giggles in the face of adversity and difficult situations. Because if you don't laugh, your cry.
Speaker 2: Melbourne please enjoy. Lauren and Clint not so fine.
Speaker 1: We were being supportive.
Speaker 2: Saturday morning. We all got up at five am and in the cover of darkness climb them mountain there at Miami and we're all set up on Miami Beach, which is where we used to holiday every year for like eight weeks as a family. So it was the perfect place to scatter mum and Dad's ashes, which is what the whole weekend was about. And there was twenty of us.
Speaker 1: Is it two separate.
Speaker 2: We had two sort of cylinders, like cardboard cylinders, and you peel the top off. Now you peel the top off, you peel the top of.
Speaker 1: Like the pringles. I'm picturing pringles.
Speaker 2: They weren't going to sour cream. You can't stop my parents. My parents were not in a sour cream and tried, no, it's not he hated pringles. And we walked down to the water's edge and it was you know, it was very emotional at this point. And it's just my sisters and I in the water, and all the other family gathered on the bank right in the water about just above knees. We went in, we kept going in and like it was emotional on somber, but also it was fun, like the kids are playing around, you know, and stuff. And I scattered a little bit and then passed the cylinder to my sister and she scattered a bit, and we swapped around right and we're pouring in the water, and just as we finish, everyone sort of walks towards the water more and one of my kids walks into the water and starts waiting waiting in the water. Was that point it was a rash. A wave sort of brought mum and dad back into the shore and covered one of my kids. Stop it click, I said, stand up, you've got dad on you.
Speaker 1: Stop it, stop it. What did you do?
Speaker 2: What you done? Keep like you know when you're trying to get.
Speaker 1: Sand off, I mean you set us up for fail. When to fail when you said that in it container.
Speaker 2: That cylinder, it was a cardboard cylinder like pringles. No, I did not.
Speaker 1: Say like Pringles Well, who said that?
Speaker 2: Maybe I said, like Pringles.
Speaker 1: R I p rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Mom and dad, don't take they're not your mom and dad. They might Yeah, they were sorry. We can't do this.
Speaker 1: Clint Sunway, you dirty talk. That is not fun. Jay. Would you like an apology from him?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Lauren, I'm so sorry for your singles. It is just gone twenty.
Speaker 3: I can't eat pringles anymore, gastritis or something because of my parents.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up after eight o'clock this morning, We've got a surprise, a festive surprise for me and Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Oh everyone's in yep. I thought it was an exclusive surprise.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, people will be able to Is it just the guest? It is guess the guest. You're going to have to share the guest with Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: I think wait till you see who it is the ideas. No.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm nervous because generally when you say you've got a surprise, it's not something good.
Speaker 2: Loss lips thanks, He spent the dental group All dental under one roof? Is it e B DG dot com dot AU Time for losses lips. This is where you put on the noise canceling headphones. You have to try and read our lips. We're pumping really loud music in the Lawren's ears. It's an amazing skill she has, Clint. It is uncanny.
Speaker 1: Are we started?
Speaker 2: She a bit hunged on millionaires? She's a bit yeah. I think we were drinking vodka Martiniz last night. They sat a little. I think she's got indigestion. Oh you blow it? You blow it? What you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Do you have a face?
Speaker 2: You blow it?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Do you want to at first? I'll carry the theme from last night. You got reflex, I'll go, I'll go clean. Dinner and Dessert with Dom Dollar was delish.
Speaker 1: Dinner and Drinks with Tommy Collins was delish, dinner, dinner.
Speaker 3: And and dessert dessert with with Dom Dollar?
Speaker 1: Dom Dollar was was with Dom Dollar was delish.
Speaker 2: You've done well there?
Speaker 1: When did we have dessert with?
Speaker 2: Last night?
Speaker 1: Dinner and and drinks with Dom Dollar.
Speaker 2: That's the martinis. Last night we had dinner dessert with him. It was not table for three. He was just in the same room all right.
Speaker 1: Right now, Jason's lips are hard to read because it's minute lip.
Speaker 2: I have a bottom, lip, I have a big bottom. No shut up, Okay, here we go. We're on, Yeah, we're on. Here we go. I bought you tickets to the cricket.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Louis.
Speaker 2: I bought you tickets to the cricket.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 1: I bought you tickets to Louis.
Speaker 2: To that cricket.
Speaker 1: I bought you tickets to the cricket, to the Green, to the cricket, to the cricket. You can take man, Matt.
Speaker 2: Cricket. The best thing.
Speaker 1: About the cricket is halftime.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have halftime the cricket. I'm excited not to see you for six weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm excited not to see you for six weeks too.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's my mouth. By the way, what we have a huge hour and a half ahead for our final show we do. How would you like to win, not even court side, but on the court.
Speaker 1: Tickets to the Australian Open Rod Laver Arena. You know, you see like the celebrities and those boogie like El McPherson was in these seats last year on the court to watch I'm actually the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: This would be incredible. No, not yet, you're ringing for those no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, coming out a bit later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do that a little bit later on. Also, I've got one of.
Speaker 1: My favorite tennis players coming on.
Speaker 2: Ultimate surprise for you and Melbourne. We have a final guest. The guest a mystery celebrity coming in after eight. We what a lot of chefs in we haven't all the shifts come and cook something. It is not a chef. But before we get to that, speaking of cooking, we're talking about what was going viral this year, and there's a game that's been going viral online on.
Speaker 1: The top to Roulette guys. So basically we've all had to order something for our final show Breakfast Buffet. I got mine delivered to my house accidentally.
Speaker 2: The rules were you could only spin up to thirty dollars. Yep. Didn't tell the team what you were ordering. The whole team was ordered from different locations across the Melbourne here not everything.
Speaker 1: No, because you know why Producer Brody had to reorder because he tried to order a chicken vindalu and the restaurant said we can't do that. At seven o'clock in the morning, so they can't put his order.
Speaker 2: What have you got?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not telling you no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: We'll wait.
Speaker 1: We'll wait until it's all here in the.
Speaker 3: Red Okay, Oh yeah, I ordered mine from many suburbs.
Speaker 1: But we're starving and we're not allowed to eat until it all arrives.
Speaker 2: I want to open the confessions hotline now, be very careful not to use the C word. Thirteen twenty four ten. Thirteen twenty four ten Office party Confession Line, What.
Speaker 1: Went down at your office party.
Speaker 2: And who with does happened? Really does so?
Speaker 1: One ceo has gone viral for giving his staff a pep talk. This is for the office party.
Speaker 2: This is a Melbourne ceo, I will point out as well, at an office here in Melbourne, a company. All the stuff dialed in for the zoom gather around ahead of the festive party.
Speaker 1: Got some rules and regulations is what they said.
Speaker 2: And I'll play the audio. He drops the C word. It's allowed because it's a news grap web playing. Take a listen to his brief for the staff drugs.
Speaker 5: Myself, I just don't do the work events.
Speaker 2: That's when at the Christmas party, it's a really strong rule.
Speaker 1: Listen to the staff giggling. He was very he was, that's that's a very good rule.
Speaker 2: A similar boss had a radio station in Perth. I worked out and warning you about Persian rugs ahead of the festive party. And she was like, she has looked, just don't do anything silly.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good advice.
Speaker 2: I used to get nude a lot in my twenties.
Speaker 1: She said that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he said that. She said it, but this wasn't on zoom. This is in the room, We're all sitting there.
Speaker 1: This is like, it's actually better in a room than on zoom because zoom now it's all recorded.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I was like, yeah, I used to get nude in my twenties at office event.
Speaker 1: Laura, you can't be getting nude at the office party.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when.
Speaker 3: Jason made a speech at our festive party. He stood up on a chair at.
Speaker 1: The other joint and he said, camera phones down.
Speaker 2: Good friend. I still got the audience.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't see it because as soon as he got up and took the microphone. It was at a multi level venue and I walked down the stairs. I did not want to know about it. Very I think you did that. I think you did the speech from the perspective of an old an old.
Speaker 2: Old the right word colleague of ours, an old old colleague. Everyone loves an impression, a festive.
Speaker 1: Part of Look, you're still getting a rash thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I really am thirteen?
Speaker 1: Where is that audio?
Speaker 2: Who am I?
Speaker 1: He was saying, where am I? That's probably more accurately who am I? Don't you know my name? Because that's what he said to people in the office one day, Don't you know who I am?
Speaker 2: And who I am?
Speaker 1: So you got up and did it?
Speaker 2: Did I say that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 1: We should get the audio.
Speaker 2: It's a good gear for me, very good. That's a good gear for me. Didn't go down well.
Speaker 1: Fired and I went down with you. So thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: You are welcome. Thirty. How am I? Where am I? Not here anymore? Sorry? I was laughing at the back of.
Speaker 3: That song because Queen mark this conversation. We just need to mark this conversation, because we've got to guess the guest.
Speaker 1: Coming up, and I've been guessing like Matt because you two obviously won't tell me who it is.
Speaker 3: Now we're not going to. But once we reveal who it is, This is gonna be very funny. Who do you think it is?
Speaker 2: John wanna say?
Speaker 1: Jane Bun?
Speaker 2: Jane Bun from Channel seven is a caller.
Speaker 1: Called and said that you're the Jane Bun of radio.
Speaker 2: All right, just mark this conversation. A mystery guest going to be Jane Barn.
Speaker 3: Miss just wait, just wait, you just wait and see you think it's Jane Bunn.
Speaker 2: A mystery guest is going to be joining us on the show very very soon. First, let's run off lad some money now, Melbourne. You do not want to miss shots.
Speaker 1: I've got the sweaty part.
Speaker 2: You are not going to want to miss Lauren's reaction to this A street guest, Oh, missus bum, all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: He's it Jane Barn.
Speaker 2: You're not saying any Let's just please priceless Indy, good morning, Good morning Indian.
Speaker 1: Lad, it through congratulations twenty two years old. What do you do with yourself? I'm receptionist.
Speaker 2: You have a festive dinner this weekend with friends. I believe I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I believe you and I have something in common.
Speaker 2: Indy.
Speaker 1: You love the hot pottery guy on TikTok as well.
Speaker 6: I don't know about love.
Speaker 2: But pottery guy, you like it looking.
Speaker 1: At like like like not love? Do you like him? Or do you like him like like was like you like like h Indye.
Speaker 2: You can take an easy question fifty bucks meaning question for five hundred, or roll the dice and go for five k. What are we going with five k? Thousand dollars? Al right, here's the go. If you don't know, yes, but you've only got three seconds to answer the question. All right, yeah, how are you feeling? Good?
Speaker 1: Luck? Thank you?
Speaker 2: You're nervous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, five thousand dollars goes a long way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, come on, this is gettable. You ready to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Among land animals, what species has the largest eyes?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Mammals?
Speaker 1: It's not a mammal. What is it a mammal? No, I'm gonna get confused with my animals.
Speaker 2: One, two, three it's a street.
Speaker 1: I knew that. I guess that one and Clint, you guessed it.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: An ostriach do you know, bigger than an elephant? It's an ostria. An ostrich isn't a mammal. I'm no ostrich.
Speaker 2: You're not going going away empty hand, and I'm going to check your two hundred dollars worth of fuel heading into the weekend. What did you say, Harry Cooperctor? Harry?
Speaker 1: I said he's an Ostrich mammal? Or is it a bird? But can birds mammals? I hate birds, you know? I hate birds. Don't tacked by bird yesterday twice by baby Ostrich Maybe.
Speaker 2: Must have got you in the head. There is more value for there's more value for ra a c V members. Download. I'm paying the belts.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm learning what a mammal is.
Speaker 2: Download the ra c V app and save on fuel every day available once per day, excludes L P, G, t's and c's apply.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, he's an ostrich, you mammal?
Speaker 2: I sweat has got a spark.
Speaker 1: Well, she might have been right.
Speaker 11: I can't do an How do you spell ostri O S t R I c h O S t or t r.
Speaker 2: Can someone check Jane in reception?
Speaker 1: He's an Ostrich mammal. Ostrich's art mammals. So she was wrong.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: They're birds. I mean, rewind the tapes. That's what I said five minutes ago. Don't fly, they do lay eggs and the.
Speaker 3: Biggest I'm just going to turn the mic off coming up outrageous Stacy.
Speaker 2: We have a mystery guy. You don't want to miss a Melbourne. Lauren's reaction is going to be bloody, priceless. Good morning Melbourne, final show of the years out. No, you're not.
Speaker 1: I think I know who it is.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Riah Kerry?
Speaker 2: I would I would lower those expectations. Pop up on zoom, I would definitely lower those expectations. All right, So, mystery guest.
Speaker 1: I want to this about a million dollars for the amount of times to play the song.
Speaker 2: Lauren doesn't know who is about to join us, does Melbourne not? Melbourne doesn't know either.
Speaker 1: You haven't said it while I was an in present.
Speaker 2: For everybody, Lauren, the mystery guest is currently listening right. Maybe you could ask them a question and they could like cough or make a sound to answer you.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you a female? That's a man?
Speaker 2: Was that was that?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 1: That was the coffee? Yes? Or a coffin?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I say cough if you're a female and they coughed, Okay, so it's a female. Next question, have we met before? Cough for yes?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: A female? That sounds like.
Speaker 2: Lauren's a little bit hungover this morning? Would you say you've had big night? I'm not hungovers? Would you say, who's the party girl? Should we rip the band aid off? Lauren? It's not Jane's mystery guest, mister Willis.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I thought this interview was canceled. Is the real?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, it's live.
Speaker 8: And can I just say that when you said is it Mariah Querry Kerry, you said lower your expect one am I chop liver.
Speaker 1: This is the best surprise ever.
Speaker 2: Robbie.
Speaker 1: You're my favorite of all time? Which is the movie? I cried the whole time. I told every single person that will listen that they must go and watch you when it comes out on Boxing Day?
Speaker 8: Oh well, bless you from your mouth to God's ears and all general public listening. Hey, I know this doesn't make very good radio, but my hair has grown back on my chest? Should I shave it off?
Speaker 1: Keep the rug, Robbie, keep the rug?
Speaker 2: You keep boy? How are you, mister Robbie Williams.
Speaker 8: I'm ruined as a human.
Speaker 1: I feel your pain. Today's our last day of work for the year, and I've crawled to the finish line.
Speaker 8: So so what are you going to do? With your time off. If you get time off.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to see these two for six weeks and that's all I care about.
Speaker 8: Oh my lord, you've got six weeks off. Do you get six weeks off? Would you manage that?
Speaker 1: Because we can't tolerate each other for any.
Speaker 2: It's early starts and kids are on holidays and stuff like that. Also, Robbie, I just need to warn you we do have something on this show every year if anyone drops. Got to be very clear, yes the sea word, not the C word, but the festive word. Then we then we play Mariah Kerry all I want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yes, please, you said, we're not We are not interrupting this, Robbie Williams chat to play Mars. Robbie, how are you?
Speaker 2: I asked that question? Really good?
Speaker 8: I'm really really good. But I've been promo in the Halla film, and I've done like six hundred interviews, and I've been on planes, got off planes, done TV shows, and I'm now coming to the end of the promo. And I hope that the world is aware that there is a biopic about my life in which I'm played by a CGI monkey.
Speaker 1: Now it is un believable.
Speaker 2: Now, I was.
Speaker 1: We were saying to you clip the other day, the monkey, Right, you're played by a monkey, but after about five minutes into the film, you don't even know actually forget that it's a monkey. It's extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, what's the story behind the monkey? Robbie?
Speaker 8: The real story behind the monkey is that we needed a unique selling point for this movie to get people talking. Michaelrazi, the director of the Greatest Showman, came up with the idea, and I loved it. I'm a big fan of audacious. My whole career is based on being audacious and surreal and weird and unusual. And the movie has definitely got people talking. I didn't even think I'd have to explain it up until it went to like a focus group in America. Hey what's monkey? And I'm like, oh God, we're gonna have to explain it now. So we came up with some bs to explain. I don't see myself as evolved, and I wanted I want the world to see.
Speaker 2: Is that why? Robbie said it was a risk, like the bio pick itself was a risk with the.
Speaker 8: Biopics, yet a risk, but having a CGI monkey now, but it's unbelievable. You know, it's an incredible movie and it works on so many levels, and and I'm still yet to understand completely why it works.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it was I.
Speaker 1: I think it's because, like the monkey is so emotive. I was saying to the boys, like you can kind of see its emotion in the way it's slumps and in its steads and in it. Yeah, it's almost like you can see in this sound might sound ridiculous, how the monkey feels by its body language a bit, and she's so drawn into this character. I just I was just fascinated.
Speaker 8: Mate, Lauren, and I well, just let me ask you, sorry, let me ask another question. I want to know, I really need to know. Inquiring mine's mine? Want to know which bit did you cry out first?
Speaker 1: I cried when the when you when you when the monkey's in the bath with Nan. That really got me and the kids having a really hard time. I cried. I cried a lot, cried quite a lot in it. I cried over your relationship with your dad, in when you felt abandoned by your dad, I was bawling my eyes out. I cried when your dream came true. I cried a lot in it. To be honest, I cried. I cried a lot about your nan. Your nan really got me.
Speaker 8: It's very strange to be asking people if they cried, and when they say yes, I say good. It's it's it's an unusual, a surreal moment in my life where I'm happy if people are unhappy.
Speaker 2: I was crying in the car on the way home, and then Lauren and I were just on the text all afternoon just about it. It really stayed with me and I cannot preach more highly of this movie.
Speaker 1: It's amazing day, Robbie, you do make me cry a lot. It was this time last year, I think you were here in Melbourne and you played a day on the Green Yes, and it absolutely bucketed down with rain. It was torrential and the three of us had just lost our jobs. We got fired for another radio station. It was that week and I went with my best friends and we stood there in the rain and I was crying. It was at a winery, so that helped. And I cried my eyes out watching my favorite performer on stage. And I'll never forget it. And to be here a year later talking to you at this new radio station is like we've come for the circle and now I'm going to cry again.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you another question. So, from the fear and the misery of losing your job to then finding new employment, how long did that take?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It took a couple of months. I think we got picked up by this great radio station which we're at now.
Speaker 8: Okay, So what did you learn that in those couple of months? And what have you learned?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You know what we learned. We learned when you get told you're not good enough, keep pushing and keep fighting because you never know what's persevere.
Speaker 8: Don't give up, don't let anybody get in your way. If the ball is there to be one, it's your effing ball.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Hey, can I just put those listening right now? This is completely live And Robbie was a mystery guest. Robbie, do you know who Jane Bunn is?
Speaker 8: What the name rings about? But fill me in.
Speaker 2: She's a weather woman here in Melbourne and you were Jane Bunn?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: Lauren thought that the mystery guest was Jane Bond.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Jane is a lovely lady. Guys, this has made my year. I can't tell you, I cannot tell you how special.
Speaker 8: It is, pure darling. It feels good to be able to facilitate a nice moment. God bless you. And I didn't know the story about you losing your job and now you get in this new job. There you go, made that servers a warming story for everybody that is going through the storm right now.
Speaker 1: Thanks Robbie. And guess what this radio show just went to number one yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, come on, there is stick it up them. We will unless unless they play my records. Then you know I'm looking.
Speaker 2: We'll appay to us as many Just quickly, what are you doing for the fistive season? My man?
Speaker 8: Well, my wife is an Olympic memory maker and she is the Christmas. Where I once didn't care for Christmas. In fact, I would say I pretty much hated it. I am now in love with it and I adore it. I've got four kids and they're full of the magic of Christmas and it's it's it's the most wonderful time of the year, as the song says, and I can't wait to finish work and get involved and eat too much chocolate.
Speaker 2: Let's let you get off the phone, spend up with the family. Hi, Robbie, it's been a bloody trait having you on the show.
Speaker 1: You the best surprise.
Speaker 2: We love you a bit and congratulations on the bier p incredible.
Speaker 8: And also I will say congratulations on your future success. Go kill it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Robbie, Thank you, Robbie. Robbie Williams.
Speaker 1: Guys, guys, you normally have the worst, shittest surprises ever, and that was the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: I'm done. You hear what we're doing next time.
Speaker 1: I'm retiring.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me.
Speaker 3: Jane Buns, Hey, Jane Bun with your weather.
Speaker 2: This is our so cool, this is our lights on sing Along Final lights on sing Along Again? Get ready which one Melbourne? Engage your lights? I give you angels. Robbie Williams doesn't get any better. Our final guess the guest and loan no idea, I.
Speaker 1: Had no idea. Tears streaming down my face. I love Robbie Williams so much. His life story is amazing. He's been through it, that guy, and he is better than ever.
Speaker 2: I'm going to drop it. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the best I know. We're just parking Rye for a minute. That was the greatest Christmas gift you guys could have ever given me.
Speaker 2: I can't screw the word.
Speaker 1: It just pop up on FaceTime so.
Speaker 2: That it works.
Speaker 1: You dial in really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I think I embarrass myself. I would have looked way pretty.
Speaker 2: I loved you. He loved you.
Speaker 1: I really like He's who every time I've had a bad time, I've played Robbie Williams. How nice to play it when we're having a good time.
Speaker 2: Exactly happy times. I talk it up enough. Robbie Williams Buyer Pick Better Man hits Australian Cinemas on December twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: A lot of it was filmed here as well.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest. The monkey threw me at the start. I was like, what is this? And trust us, trust us, trust us. Do not absolutely.
Speaker 3: Loved and he did drop the sea bomb a few times. But we thought, for.
Speaker 2: The sake of the interview, we're going to press on.
Speaker 1: You had have interrupted my face time with Robbie.
Speaker 2: Robbie, We're just going to play Maria sixteen times.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you. That was the best thing every Robbie.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're on the air with Jason Lauren. You're listening to Nomber one hundred. It is our Oh switch your lights off.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, I still can't believe it.
Speaker 2: We are doing our final show of the year, and look, we're talking about what's gone viral this year. And there was a little game Los and I noticed online.
Speaker 1: Yes, called Uber Eats Roulette, where you can have a dinner party. We're doing it for breakfast, though. You've got to order what you think the team or the people at your party would like. We're a thirty dollars budget, and then you do a we're doing a breakfast buffet.
Speaker 2: You don't tell everyone else at the party what you've ordered the most spread, but the most random foods called rock up. That's the issue.
Speaker 3: It also sometimes you feel like one thing and then you see something else you get jealous and you're like, I want.
Speaker 2: A bit of that. I've never seen so many high visa or electric bikes outside the Similarly, I really did gen z Is in the studio with all the food bags.
Speaker 1: What's what's got the goods?
Speaker 10: The first one we have Grinch Chrispy.
Speaker 1: Greens that get out that was making. We got the Christmas doll that.
Speaker 10: Next up, next we have We're going to get one muffin one and and helloo.
Speaker 3: The one muffin combo champions by.
Speaker 1: First of all, we tried to order a chicken. Vindolo in the shop said it was muffin we have it's a mystery toasties.
Speaker 2: It's a couple of wraps. I think it's like Greek us for breakfast. Okay, next one else? What's in the next?
Speaker 10: We have a bag of fries.
Speaker 1: French fries, French fries, hash brown. Oh well that's how the game.
Speaker 10: Next we have a bag of beef cheese and bacon pie.
Speaker 2: She did a serve run.
Speaker 1: That was a j.
Speaker 2: This is the moment.
Speaker 10: He's a twelve pack of party pies and sausage and a breaky pie from.
Speaker 3: Keith's Pies not open twenty four hours for us?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: And is this a final?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: I got one more yep, a whole roast family chicken and a litera of Mountain a.
Speaker 1: Do is that what you ordered? Cheers water bread? So no one ordered breakfast food?
Speaker 2: No I did? I did the final one?
Speaker 1: Lucky.
Speaker 10: Last, we have two bags of Sundays and.
Speaker 1: Breakfast. Wow, the wheels have fallen off.
Speaker 2: It's Robbie listening to this bad day.
Speaker 1: Yum.
Speaker 2: Grice and that is going viral this year. What do you want?
Speaker 1: I want to I like her bacon and they.
Speaker 2: Wrapped gloomy and the cherry right, mcflurry.
Speaker 1: My cherry right. Mcflury went, that's yeah. Tis the season, though, it's a Christmas season. You can eat what you want when.
Speaker 2: You want Christmas. You said it first, you.
Speaker 1: Did, no, I did, yes, you did? Tis the season.
Speaker 2: TI's the season.
Speaker 1: La La la la.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren clint here as well. Final show of twenty twenty four, The Nover Festive Party, is on tonight. It is now be on your best behavior stuff. Yes, exactly what.
Speaker 1: We are unable to attend because the three of us have a wedding, which I'm thrilled about. Congratulations Jane and Darcy about to talk down the aisle. I love a good wedding.
Speaker 2: We won't take congratulations yet they might.
Speaker 1: It's their big day. She won't spoke. They ain't going anywhere. She's a catch.
Speaker 2: She he has a catch. But you just I mean you might get second.
Speaker 1: You don't have you bought the wedding gift yet?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 8: Have you brought you?
Speaker 1: We? Have you bought a card? Because there's nothing worse than turning up and seeing everyone else's cards and being like, hang on, wish Yeah you still take a card. Yeah, always take a wedding card.
Speaker 2: We can share because we haven't sard the press the gift. So you buy the gift and might be still to take your car.
Speaker 1: Gift if that's a thoughtful bit.
Speaker 3: They're they're about nine bucks getting spinny.
Speaker 1: I buy this car I can't remember the name of It's called like cardboard or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I buy like a box of cards every year and then yeah, but they're gorgeous and some are like they're not tissy, but some have like a love heart for a wedding, some have happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Some happy You've got like a little news.
Speaker 1: Agent on the newsagent. I buy them in like a pack of thirty, and they're there for every occasion. They're lovely. They're really like simple and neat and you could use them for any put like.
Speaker 2: A JB vout in there as well. Like no, because the present's done online.
Speaker 1: But if you've done the present online, sorry you haven't. One of our other producers, nine to Mini got married about ten years ago and she's still meant to wait.
Speaker 2: I'm taking her and her lovely husband out for a beautiful dinner, when when in.
Speaker 1: Ten years time, she's been waiting for ten years, she could be on his second husband by the time she gets at dinner he.
Speaker 2: Is actually the second.
Speaker 1: She could be on her third husband by the time she gets.
Speaker 2: A fourth.
Speaker 1: Anyway, don't forget the card, don't forget the gift. Have you done your gift?
Speaker 2: I've done my gift. Congratulations board a gift.
Speaker 1: I didn't do the online thing. And oh this is great. So I'm not going to say what it is, but it's delicate because I aren't giving a physical gift. And Paul answered the door bell camera when the delivery driver was there and spoke to him through the camera and the fence and he said, oh, mate, just chuck it over the fence. Paul's got a ponchamp for doing this. He tells people to do it all the time. Our ironing board, brand new ironing board, has got thrown over the fence.
Speaker 2: Yet I would rather that than get that silly little and have to go down to the patial fragile.
Speaker 1: So what did it do over the fence?
Speaker 2: And is it okay?
Speaker 1: I haven't opened it yet, so here I'm being smug about your wedding.
Speaker 2: When you shake it, does it?
Speaker 1: I picked it up from the backyard and I put it on the kitchen bench and it has been sitting there ever since because I'm too scared to look at it.
Speaker 2: When you give it to the couple tonight and they wonder, what is.
Speaker 1: The iron? The new iron? The new tee fell over the fence. I haven't used it yet. It's over the probably broken.
Speaker 2: An angle.
Speaker 1: It might be in the boxes. Sometimes I'm not a good iron now, but sometimes, thank you, I have got a fairy.
Speaker 2: Where was the last shim the last time your wined?
Speaker 1: Well, it had been some time and I did have to iron a T shirt the other day or skirt or something. And I went down to the laundry that's the forbidden zone, and I pulled out the iron, and I was like, what was this invented in the fifteen hundred? And the lovely lady who does help with my iron?
Speaker 2: There was a lady in there.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 2: When you open the door sunlight let me out.
Speaker 1: She wasn't there that she's not there all the time.
Speaker 2: You let her out for day release now.
Speaker 1: And she goes. I know, so I bought her her.
Speaker 2: Oh you are mother'sesa. Guys, let's say hello to our next guess. Our next guess is a tennis.
Speaker 4: Legend who's always a fan favorite at the Australian Open, especially after he took out the doubles title with Nick Kurios Archist and Nick Curios Obvious Training Open Men's Doubles champions.
Speaker 2: He's welcome to the show TENNISI good morning, morning, Hello. Well you know what, straight out of the gates. Let's just flag it now. You should have heard Lauren mate before you are called in. She was like, we were playing table tennis yesterday, and I am quite good. I was.
Speaker 1: We were playing table tennis yesterday.
Speaker 5: To be fair, she did handle.
Speaker 6: The elements better than I expected. It was a windy under there and she's playing in heels and handled it well.
Speaker 2: Like my hair blowing my face. I had.
Speaker 1: I made him hold a glass of piper Hide six champagne so he only had one hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, festive day vibes.
Speaker 1: I was actually better when I had the champagne in my.
Speaker 5: Hand, wasn't I We thought we thought it would loosen you up, and it did work.
Speaker 2: Are you where are you traveling at the moment. Yeah, who you're with?
Speaker 5: I'm with my comedian friend Elliott Elliot.
Speaker 1: Where are you guys off to this morning?
Speaker 5: To a sponsorship.
Speaker 1: Yesterday? Can you believe it's been ten years since you first played in the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: For ten years?
Speaker 5: Oh that's depressing. Please never say that again.
Speaker 6: It's I can't. Actually, it goes really quick. That's so cliche because I have all this old people telling me life goes fast. I don't waste it, but it is going real quick. So I've got to try and try and enjoy it while I can, because yeah, I don't want to take it for granted. It's a special feeling stepping out there for Aussie Open every year and playing in front of the home fans and crowd.
Speaker 5: So I can't wait for them.
Speaker 2: FANASI, the boys are back.
Speaker 3: I've been reading in the papers this morning that you and Nick tee me up again Albourne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're locking it in.
Speaker 6: We spoke about it sort of briefly in November and then he messaged me yesterday saying dubs at Aussie So yeah, we're in and it should be It should be a fun one.
Speaker 5: I think the people need it.
Speaker 6: We haven't done it since we won, so wow, Yeah, we're going to try and lasen back up and hopefully bring some fun and energetic tennis to the arena crowd.
Speaker 1: Probably when the Special K's were playing in the doubles at Melbourne Park during the Australian Open, it brought that whole place to this next level of excitement. There were people queued up to get in. Did you guys know at the time how big it was? Because I know, when you're on the court you don't see all of the surrounds, but being amongst it, it was amazing. Did you know the carry on that was happening around you?
Speaker 6: We weren't really thinking about it too much at the start the first round, we didn't think about it much.
Speaker 5: We're like, whatever, let's just play, have a bit of fun. Soale we go.
Speaker 2: We've never done well against.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty crazy. I remember my first one.
Speaker 6: I actually started in Brisbane that summer and I qualified for Brisbane International at seventeen, and out of all people, I drew Leyton Hewitt.
Speaker 5: First round. And I remember my friends were actually in.
Speaker 6: Gold Coast for schoolies that weekend and I was playing on New Years against Late and it was actually a pretty tight match, and I played well, so I've got a wild card the next year, sorry the next week, and just rubbing shoulders at all these top guys, and I won my first round in probably the hottest conditions I've ever played tennis.
Speaker 5: I think it was forty five degrees.
Speaker 6: It was like just a few people in the stands with towers over their head because they were about to pass out.
Speaker 2: And I won.
Speaker 5: And I was supposed to.
Speaker 6: Play the Dull in the second round, a seventeen year old he was world number one, and they shut the roof because it was that hot at rod Laver Arena, So I ended up playing him, and yeah, it was It was a fun match, like I actually played not bad And that was a crazy experience in my first real taste of the show.
Speaker 3: The nasty recovery is everything. And I know that you are a consummate professional. But once the AO is done, where would be? Where will we find you on the town?
Speaker 5: The nearest ice bath?
Speaker 2: This is a loaded question. Where was the last time I saw you? Seeing me? A bit?
Speaker 6: Probably around the grounds. I'm a bit of lurking somewhere on Chapel Street. Probably that's us.
Speaker 5: I can't give. You can't give any names.
Speaker 2: You can if you'll be picking you up this morning, you're actually just leaving the.
Speaker 5: House kicking me up. But it's hard. I would have tried to drive, but you know it's hard to do.
Speaker 1: But no, no, definitely, Well you're a Piper Hedzick ambassador, like is that the dream drop knock off the court and just pop a few champagnes.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you know that's the ideal preparation and the heat before or after a five setter, but post tournament, I'm definitely definitely launching into it.
Speaker 2: Worked for Lawrence prep for today's show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had a few paper has last night. I did tell you we got I'll continue to do that.
Speaker 2: Then we've got the filter on. Hey we have this is very cool. So yeah, we have Australian Open on court. The IP tickets up for grabs.
Speaker 1: Like last year, I don't know, I celebrity spot at the tennis and I think first and was in these Piper hut, I got the little little thing over your head and you can have a champagne and these tickets. It almost impossible to get but we have them. Thank you for that, FANASI.
Speaker 6: Hi, You're welcome there are They're as good as it gets, as close to the action as possible.
Speaker 5: And hopefully you get hit by a couple of balls out there.
Speaker 2: Hopefully I may have a great a great summer and good luck for the AO. We will see you, see.
Speaker 8: You out there.
Speaker 1: On you two have you can flirt with him to your turn see cocky, see your cocky? Is that what your friends call you?
Speaker 2: He gets it all that is just getting incredibly awkwardly.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 2: Good morning Melbourne seven a past nine. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well.
Speaker 1: So this whole team, now, these voices are the incredible people that work behind the scenes on this show that do not get enough credit. They work much harder than us and they are the best in the business. We're so lucky to have all of your buses.
Speaker 2: Everybody else, Melbourne Radio and other stations, get your grubby little hands off they leaving.
Speaker 1: We are a team and we are loveing.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: What a year it's been.
Speaker 2: It's been a massive year.
Speaker 1: It's been awesome. It's been so much fun. And these last two weeks have.
Speaker 2: Been so fun. Thank you to everyone who has listened to this show or supported us over the year. It's been a wild, wild right.
Speaker 3: I hope you've had as much fun listening as we have had broadcasting, because it's been unreal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you've said it, and Lauren you've said it as well, the highlight of your professional lives, and I echo that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just crazy, crazy fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've loved doing this show for you, Melbourne. We love doing it with you. We are taking a little break because God knows I need a break from Jason Hawkins. But Clint, I'll see you all the time.
Speaker 2: Call you tonight. The owning lady getting a break.
Speaker 3: You let her out of the room over the period she gets holidays, she gets Festive Day off.
Speaker 2: That's nice. After she's ironed the table clo. The chain is just long enough for her to see family.
Speaker 1: No, a big thank you to our team for the year. Thank you to everyone behind the scenes that Nova. We love being here and we cannot wait to be back next year and do it all over again.
Speaker 2: Final song for twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: No it is not by the way, Lauren, Congratulations on taking out the.
Speaker 1: Title at least someone's sing guys.
Speaker 2: In fact that in two days executive producer the Thumb has come up with the final song, him in charge.
Speaker 1: He can't be trusted.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Can we cut it off if we don't know you like it? And only past nine? Shall we stay on?
Speaker 2: I think it sums up the mood very much so.
Speaker 1: Patrick Swayzey always had the last dance one song, and it was I've had the time.
Speaker 2: Of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh gen Z on the panel, Merry Goods, Merry Christmas. Everyone see you next year.
Speaker 5: One name Language People.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, Wake Up Feeling Good? Number one hundred Jason Lauren fom on Socials