Speaker 1: On scorn leads Ostrodia. This is the Wider Panalkey Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening, and welcome to the Rita Paney Show. Coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: The ORCA still in disarray as the.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister prepares to meet with President Trump. Ni Kata will be here to cover the day's top headlines. Boxing legend Jeff Beennick loses it when an elaborate prank almost goes wrong. The Great Josh Hammer will have the latest from the US, including Kim Kardashin coming out in support of illegal immigrants and copying a swift fact check from Homeland Security. And later in the hour, I'll speak to an international security professor on why these riots could be considered domestic terrorism and left He's losing It shows that stupid questions deserve brutal answers.
Speaker 4: So if there were peaceful protests on Saturday for the Jelatine parade, President Trump.
Speaker 5: Would allow that.
Speaker 6: Of course, the President supports peaceful protest. What a stupid question, rickw thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in Mensis Research Center Senior fellow Nick Cata.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: The ABC has followed Channel ten this week in acting its flagship.
Speaker 3: Current affairs talk show Q and A.
Speaker 2: The Public Broadcaster today announced that the program will not be returning to screens after eighteen years on air.
Speaker 3: May mean around forty job.
Speaker 2: Losses, and this is just days after Tends the project met a similar fate. Nick, that's two lefty talkfests gone in a week. And we've also seen the ABC get rid of the drum back in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Is there any.
Speaker 2: Danger the Public Broadcaster may actually produce a current affairs program that is not a lefty echo chamber that has I don't know, maybe a conservative host or some conservative producers.
Speaker 1: Not whatsoever REATA.
Speaker 7: And of course the fact that they do pack the channel with lefties actually become self reinforcing after a while, because people like me decide I did some years ago, that it really wasn't worth my time going and playing second fiddle to a transgender climate activist.
Speaker 1: In front of an audience that hates you, just to.
Speaker 7: Be rewarded with some warm beer and cold pizza in the green room, No thank you, So I won't miss it. I noticed that my friend Greg Sheridan wrote a very nostalgic piece about how he's going to miss the show, But then he was always much more tolerant and dealing with these mad people than I was.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, their idea of diverse views or being unbiased is to have a token conservative on a big panel who becomes the punching bag for the night, who the other guests, the host, the audience can all kick around. And that's their idea of balance. I mean, this is a massive broadcast receives more than a billion dollars of our tax money every single year.
Speaker 3: You know the ABC.
Speaker 2: Well, how many conservative center right hosts would they have across the whole network? We're talking TV, radio, their online publications?
Speaker 3: How many do you know of?
Speaker 7: I don't think I know of any confirmed out and out out and proud, loud and proud conservatives on the abs.
Speaker 3: Out of the cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't say, let me.
Speaker 7: Just I will just say there are a number of people who whose journalism I respect, But none of them you'd really think were liberal voters.
Speaker 2: Now to Victoria police rejecting State Corogner John Kayne's recommendation to lead domestic violence victims when their ex partners are released from jail, saying the force does not have the resources to do so. Victoria police also say that many victims would have changed their numbers or be screening their calls now. This proposal from the coroner came after forty nine year old Norlee Dalzell's abusive ex partner, James Fairhall, stabbed her to death in front of their three children inside her Seaford home in twenty twenty after.
Speaker 3: He was released from jail.
Speaker 2: Miss Dalzell's family say that if an alert system had been in place, she might still be alive today.
Speaker 3: Nick, this is all happening while Victoria Police.
Speaker 2: All has all sorts of staffing issues. They are about eleven hundred officers down. They're expecting to lose more offices at the end of the year. Morale is said to be low. But really, this is a proposal that should be in place. It's just a practical measure that will allow women to take extra precautions for their own safety.
Speaker 7: How underdresourced do you have to be not to be able to make a five minute phone call to a victim of domestic violence? So I don't get it reached. And because over the years the Victorian government has boasted about the amount of money that it's dedicated to fighting domestic violence, the police have gone as I understand it a dedicated unit to do just that.
Speaker 1: So why aren't they actually.
Speaker 7: Fighting domestic violence instead of going around I guess with propaganda classes for police and everybody else telling them that all men are bad people. You know, it's just the action does not meet the rhetoric as usual with this government.
Speaker 2: It is just so disappointing because this seems to be a really practical measure that could help save women, at least giving them the awareness to be extra careful, perhaps just take extra precautions they otherwise would not take. Now, let's talk about Gosford Hospital on the New South Wales central coast. They have been criticized for their confusing and dangerous emergency department signs. The hospital has put up signs using Aboriginal words to show where its emergency department and resuscitation base are located. Alongside their English translations. They're using terms like sick, k even bring back, and then they've got the English signs underneath that. Let's have a look at ben Fordham's report on this.
Speaker 8: An ambulance paramedic is raising concerns about confusing Indigenous signs in hospitals. For example, one sign says bagel barrong. What does bageal barrong mean? It means sick cave. What does sick cave mean? It means emergency department. Imagine if you're a busy ambo looking for the ED, there's another sign that says mana gulloring bulga, which means bring back, and bring back means resuscitation bays. Why can't we just call them resuscitation bays and the emergency department?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 2: This stuff is just getting more absurd bring back. If you're an ambulance officer or a parent in a panic, really, do you need to have three different signs, two of them which are nonsensical to you?
Speaker 7: I've done the mass on this ron rito. And there are seventeen thousand Ooriginal people on the New South Wales central coast. The proportion nationally that speak an indigenous language is less than ten percent. So let's say that's seventeen hundred people who speak an indigenous language, and of course there's one hundred and fifty indigenous languages. But just just pretend for a moment that let's just pretend for a moment that they all have to speak this particular indigenous language. That'ser point, not three percent of the Gosford population who might potentially benefit from this, whose rights might be protected, as opposed to half a million others who risk their rights they don't no longer have the right that We certainly are not blundering into an operating theater in the middle of an operation thinking it's to gentlemen's toilet.
Speaker 1: You know, this is just bar me. It's bar me, really reta and the only.
Speaker 3: Way it is.
Speaker 2: You said, there's more than one hundred and fifty languages. There are also many more dialects. So the actual number of people who would be able to have any sort of benefit from those signs is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole thing is just beyond But this is what happens when the bureaucracy is captured by the activist class. They just keep pushing this agenda and pushing it until people call it out. Meanwhile, we've got another embryo mix up by Minash IVF just within two months. We've had multiple cases and that's prompted calls for more regulation and IVF campaigners have also suggested that children born through assisted reproduction should be subjected to DNA testing. I mean, that's going to make a lot of parents who've used IVF very nervous nick to suggest that their kids should be DNA tested to make sure there hasn't been some sort of a bungle. I don't know if you'd even want to know.
Speaker 1: No, it's horrible, thoughts.
Speaker 7: Isn't it that there would be routine DNA testing to prove that point. Surely these companies that conduct it should can put in place what I assume would be pretty simple but rigorous processes to make sure this sort of nonsense doesn't happen. I'm not a big fan of regulation, as you know RETA. Normally I argue for removing regulation, not putting it in place. But in this case, I think this does need to be a very heavily regulated process because of the sensitivities involved.
Speaker 3: Now let's get the latest on orcas.
Speaker 2: The Pentagon has ordered a review into the program to see how it advances the Trump Administration's America First agenda. The review will reportedly be led by longtime ORCUS skeptic L Breach Colby and comes days after US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseeth called on Australia to lift its defense spending to three point five percent of GDP something their Prime minister has straight out refused to entertain. Now, former Prime Minister and ORCUS hater Malcolm Turnbull had this to say on X. He wrote, the UK is conducting a review of aucers, the usdod is conducting a review of workers, but Australia, which has the most at stake, has no review. Our parliament to date has been the least curious and least informed. Time to wake up. He also said there is literally a denial of reality in Canberra. I have sat with senior officials in our Defense establishment and said to them, what is your plan if we don't get any Virginia class submarines from the US. They have looked back at me and said we will get the submarines. This is like saying I'm going to have a party in the garden on Sunday and you say to me, what will you do if it rains? And I look back at you and say it won't rain. We do love a Malcolm Turnbull analogy on this program, NICKA, Now have it out, ben easy.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot on.
Speaker 2: His plate in anticipation for this meeting with the US president. If he does get that meeting, there's ucas there's the trade deal, there's all sorts of talk around China.
Speaker 3: But the question has to be asked, Nick, why would.
Speaker 2: The US agree to be our policeman, to be our protector in the region if we can't even commit to increasing spending on our own defense like so many other allies have.
Speaker 7: Well, for once, I think I'll agree with Malcolm Turnbul on this, that defense has been just walking along blindly pretending everything's going to turn out right instead of actually looking at this closely. And so's el but easy for that matter, you know how quick he was to sort of aily dismiss the suggestions we should go to three percent defense spending. And guess what, Malcolm Turnbull, for once is also on the same side as the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought it? But basically, you know, basically we must.
Speaker 7: This shows that a three percent minimum three percent defense spending, in my view, is an imperative, not a nice to have. And with that money we can actually pay the US for their side, which presumably will be built in the US, which is where they want things to happen, so it will be a win win for the United States. And of course, whatever their horizons with their defense policy, it will help the United States enormously to know that this region can be protected from bad actors.
Speaker 2: And Donald Trump and Jigping have reached a new trade deal. The US will allow Chinese students into its colleges and universities in exchange for Beijing removing export restrictions on rare earths and magnets.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 3: Things are progressing, I.
Speaker 2: Think as the Trump administration would like in this area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I guess we always held out the hope that these tariff threats were much more a bargaining tool to get other countries to come to the table on other things, rather than a serious economic measure to increase the national wealthall or whatever, because I really don't think that economic fundamentals allow that if you put tariffs on then you inevitably increase prices. And it's the people who are who are who are in the end suffer from this, your own, your own consumers. So but yes, I mean, well done with this. I'm not sure that I would. I still would like a president who perhaps was a little bit more accommodating and a bit less unpredictable. I suppose Rita. But then I'm old fashioned like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't say Donald Trump is terribly predictable, but he is all about America first, so that seems to be the priority there. Before you go, I want to get your take on a video we showed on Left is Losing It last night. It continues to make headlines and stirred debate, particularly across the US. Let's have a look at these white leftist activists mocking a black woman who just wants to go to work.
Speaker 4: I could just know here, how is it the people protest that there's.
Speaker 5: Not feel about starting a black woman from going to work?
Speaker 6: Oh no, not.
Speaker 8: Care.
Speaker 5: So you don't care about starting black people from going to work?
Speaker 2: Of course, these are the anti Trump, anti ice protesters that in New York City. There the sense of entitlement of these protesters is something to behold.
Speaker 6: Nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been wondering for a while.
Speaker 7: Actually, whether left He's Losing It is the right title for your segment, actually, because you're generously assuming that actually had something in the first place to lose, like a bit of moral decency for instance, or some intelligence. I mean, this is just the usual the usual thing, isn't it? Everything based say they stand for, whether it's standing shoulder to shoulder with people of color or whatever else so prepared to throw away just for the next virtue signaling exercise.
Speaker 1: It's pathetic.
Speaker 7: It's actually atrocious and uncivilized behavior in my view, and I wish we could stop them, but it seems not.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a lot more on the riots across the US with Josh Hammer after the break, Nikita, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now before the break, let's have a laugh. This is good, clean fun boxing legend.
Speaker 2: Jeff Fenick has been targeted with an elaborate prank, a hilarious prank where his house was auctioned off without his knowledge. This is the work of Osmond oz Abu Mallik and boxer Billy Dibb.
Speaker 3: His hat went down.
Speaker 9: Toot pipe pipe would have been a good bit thirty five years ago, sir, on my hou's full concern toot pipe pipe, I will reject you toothpot two, situs.
Speaker 1: Eph.
Speaker 2: Jeff Fedick got more and more angry as the auctioneer refused to believe that the house wasn't really up for sale.
Speaker 9: Here's my hair to sale, we thought, Sir, I've been given instructions well you've been given the wrong instructions.
Speaker 1: Okay, month, bring the twice, bring the tweet, very million, bring the play.
Speaker 6: I've not taken three men.
Speaker 1: I've got a high bid on that, sir. I just told you boy.
Speaker 6: How's my has for sale? How's my house to sell? Getting?
Speaker 1: I've made my hand from south. I've been given instructions.
Speaker 3: And here Jeff Fedick is bemused.
Speaker 2: That is nine million dollar house is selling for around six million dollars and the whole thing almost escalates into a physical confrontation before the big reveal.
Speaker 6: Here it goes at what point five? Five millions?
Speaker 5: Of me?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 9: What point five?
Speaker 1: The fun?
Speaker 9: You'll be doing it deal tonight?
Speaker 6: That's fine and a half? Hear it goes what at fine.
Speaker 10: And a half?
Speaker 1: Six is the bit at six?
Speaker 9: Check point by check point?
Speaker 1: By what?
Speaker 9: At six point?
Speaker 6: By what?
Speaker 1: Chick? I ain't keep it to.
Speaker 2: Prank now that's entertaining. I'm happy for my tax dollars to go towards that. If anyone of the A, B C is watching, get rid of Q and A replace it with that still to come lefties losing it plus Kim Kardashian cops a swift back check after voicing her support for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: Josh Hammer has the details. Welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it.
Speaker 2: Let's start with this why else reporter learning an important lesson from Caroline Leavitt.
Speaker 4: So, if there were peaceful protests on Saturday for the militant parade, President.
Speaker 5: Trump would allow that.
Speaker 6: Of course, the President supports peaceful protest. What a stupid question, l Thank you so much, Caroline.
Speaker 2: Yes, stupid questions deserve brutal answers.
Speaker 3: She won't make that mistake again.
Speaker 2: Here is another supposed celebrity, a preachy clown called don'tch. She calls herself a swamp princess, and she seems to have missed the unhinged violence in LA.
Speaker 4: There are ruthless attacks that are creating fear and chaos in our communities. In the name of law and order, Trump is using military forces to stop a protest. And I want you to consider what kind of government it appears to be when every time we exercise our democratic right to protest, the military is deployed against us. What type of government is that?
Speaker 2: You know, it's the type of government that holds the law, that protects the innocent from the lawless doci if that's her name, sounds a bit like.
Speaker 3: A fruit, a citrusy fruiter has a bit.
Speaker 2: To learn there now to the ladies of the view, and Whoopee seems to think that California is some sort of a separate country and that the president cannot exercise his power over the rogue state.
Speaker 11: Whatever happened to states rights? I thought that was what you do, because you tell the state, this is what we're thinking of doing.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't just send people in.
Speaker 3: You don't just send troops in. But where do I know, Well, you don't know much, Whoopee. We've worked that out.
Speaker 2: But if Whoopy is clueless, Sonny Houstin is utterly unhinged, just listen to this. You are an army turned insight to police and citizens can cause chaos, fascism and fascism, and so I.
Speaker 3: Think that's the way war and civil war. I think that's the way we need to look at it.
Speaker 2: And let's hear from Sarah Haynes, who are some sobering news for the ladies. The great majority of Americans support Donald Trump's policy to deport every illegal immigrant.
Speaker 10: Sixty six percent of the American public actually thinks it is crime enough to be undocumented and therefore deported.
Speaker 3: But it's criminal to be undoctioned.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is not.
Speaker 3: You know how the disagreement was in the beginning.
Speaker 10: We were told it was going to be violent criminals, and I think everyone at this table would agree haul out the violent criminals. Fine, But a very important distinction was sixty percent of the American public, two thirds of Independence, ninety percent of Republicans, and just a little under half of Democrats think the crime is in being undocumented.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is a massive.
Speaker 10: Amount of this country actually agrees with not how he's doing it, but with what he's doing.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'd say the majority would be pretty happy with how he's doing it. And I don't know where the ladies of the View were during the election campaign, but Donald Trump was pretty clear that his policy was to deport every immigrant, not just those convicted of additional criminal offenses. Joining me now is Newsweek's senior editor at large and Article three projects CEDI Council, Josh Hammer. Josh, the ladies of the view were not happy with those stats. I don't think people at CNN were particularly happy though. When the reports were on their station. But it's migrants who have most strongly gravitated to Donald Trump over his immigration policies.
Speaker 5: Reader, and I live that out every day actually as a resident of South Florida. I mean, you see the Hispanic communities in the United States that have driven in droves to the Republican Party, to the camp O Maga, to America first, Donald Trump's broader coalition. This is a long time trends been going on for at least a decade by now. Donald Trump actually in twenty twenty, in the twenty twenty election that he lost to Joe Biden, actually did better among Hispanics in general in about a half century. He did orgmatitude better in twenty twenty four. This is a huge trend there actually outright one the male Hispanic vote in the twenty twenty four exit polls.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is totally taken a Democratic Party by storm. I mean, think back to two thousand and eight, think back to to Barack Obama and the whole notion of this interceptional rainbow coalition of the ascent. In this identity politics, grievance coalition of a grieved interest. You have the gay community and the immigrant community under this and that and that there, and it's all caput. It's totally down the dream this point. They are scrambling to put Humpy Dumpy back together again, but they have no idea where to go from here. And it's just really delectable to watch Frankly as someone who wishes them nothing but the worst. They have no idea where to go, and I just think the Frankly Warriors, I love that.
Speaker 2: Now we all know late night TV comics in America have completely lost the plot. They've turned into unwatchable leftist activists viewing all sorts of hysteria and lies and blackface enthusiast and misogynist Jimmy Kimmel is a Prome example.
Speaker 11: We've been watching cable news and believe this city is some kind of totalitarian healthscape.
Speaker 6: Right now, it most certainly is not.
Speaker 11: I'm very angry. I have to say, I cannot believe what's going on. I knew it was going to be bad. I did not know it was going to be this bad. People who have lived here their whole lives, people who've been in this city longer than I have, the vast majority of whom have never done anything wrong or being abducted, which is the correct word to use, by agents in masks hiding their identities, grabbing people off the street and at work, sending people to detention centers, and to protest that which is not only our right as Americans, it's our responsibility. Los Angelinos have been gathering to demonstrate, with very few exceptions, peacefully demonstrate to voice their opposition to this disgusting and unnecessary abuse of power instigated by our mentally ill president, who is dead set on exacerbating this, who actually wants conflict, who is intentionally inflaming and to make it seem like there's a war going on here. He wants there to be a war going on here, and he doesn't care who gets hurt in it.
Speaker 2: There's a riot outside, Josh, I can't believe his audience is circling the dray and I don't even know where to start with all that. First, the denial that the riots are even happening, then the demented hysteria about Trump and abductions and civil wars. Jimmy Kimmel just profoundly ignorant or.
Speaker 3: Is he lying grit?
Speaker 5: It was five years ago that the United States endured one of its tumultuous summers in the history of our country. We had the Summer of Love, the summer of the sixteen nineteen riots as they're called the Black Lives Matter and Tieper riots there, and it was actually just over a week ago that we had the five year anniversary of the somewhat infamous OpEd from Center Tom Connon of Arkansas calling to send in the troops. As it turns out, of Tom Cotton's op ed was poweringly prescient actually, because we're facing the exact same situation now in Los Angeles, and the same way that the media, the same way that they have learned nothing when it comes to trying to put Hump Dumpy back together again with this intersectional rainbow or legal immigrants, whatever it is coalition on the left. There, so too have they seemingly learned nothing whatsoever when it comes to the overwhelming abiding, moral imperative of law and order, when it comes to anarchy and domestic insurrectionary activity. Here, I think back to the infamous CNN chirn during these Saint George Floyd riots in twenty twenty there where there was that there was a reporter standing there with the keV Lar helmet and it said fiery but mostly peaceful protests. That's basically the same energy, the same spirit you might say that Jimmy Kimmel is channeling. And this not particularly funny quasi monologue that we just heard there there. You know, these these are not mostly peaceful protests, as the video that the viewers are watching right now makes entirely clear. These are extraordinarily violent protests.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: Police have been clamoring actually for the Federal National Guard to get involved. Aaren Bass, the chief the police there. If you actually listen to what they're saying, they are saying, we are overwhelmed. We actually need federal law enforcement to come back up the LAPD. Now this is not peaceful stuff. And all this is done Riada. All this is done with an ultimate intent to try to disintegrate the United States from within. That is the left wing sentiment here there and everywhere is not to build, but is to tear down. They are trying to tear down the United States. They are trying to tear down every other major European country, Australia and New zealand every other first world country around the world. I'm here in Israel now. The same thing here with the Israeli left. Everywhere you are throughout the world, the Left has the exact same mentality, which is to destroy and to tear down the nation civil society. It's playing out though, and particularly start terms are now back home from me in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Now what we've all been waiting for, Josh, is the import of Kim Kardashian. The reality TV star described immigration and Customs enforcement deportation rates as inhumane, and that prompt today top Department of Homeland Security official to fire back. Assistant DHS Secretary Tricia McLachlin wrote on X Kim Kardashian, which one of these convicted child molesters, murderers, drug traffickers, and rapists would you like to stay in the country? And she also included with that post muck shots and the profiles of a criminality of these four illegal immigrants that were recently nabbed in ICE enforcement operations. Josh, it's good to see people within the administration, people within the bureaucracy hitting back at these celebrities.
Speaker 3: Who mouth off, and they often do that with little consequence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm smiling over here, Bria, because I can't help with thing. Back to the very first GOP presidential primary debate of the twenty sixteen presidential cycle. This takes us all the way back to August of twenty fifteen, just about a decade ago, and Donald Trump has this kind of infamous attack on Rosi o'donald. Of all people, right, it was a very memorable exchange. But Donald Trump and all the people that he surrounds himself with, they have never been afraid to take on high profile celebrities. There, Kim Kardashian these days, I suppose blows Rosie o'donnald out of the water as far as pop culture rabatas is concerned. There, So no there, They're not afraid whatsoever to take on big interests, whether those big interests are in big pharma, whether those interests are in big Tech or big Hollywood, or big media, big academia, big university, big Life of the Kardashians, whatever the reality show is called there that I don't particularly claim to care to watch, to be honest with you, there, but they're not afraid. They're not afraid to get in the mud there for the very simple reason that, on the one hand, these celebrities are a very convenient political foil because they quite literally live out of touch and their gated communities with their private guards. Kim Kardashian is not experiencing what the blue collar oftentimes by the way, Hispanic oftentimes Hispanic working class people in places like downtown Los Angeles, Kim Kardashian and Malibu or whoever the heck she's living, she is not experiencing those people in downtown Los Angeles are experiencing there. And then on the other hand, there you know, people at Tricia McLaughlin and the USDHS. They know that the American people side with them. So it's good politics, it's good policy, and they're doing very well actually on.
Speaker 10: This world now.
Speaker 2: Josh on those protests in blue cities, Republican Senator Josh Hawley's launched an investigation into a left wing group in California that he says maybe financially.
Speaker 3: Supporting violent protests in LA.
Speaker 2: What more can you tell me about this, because there is a lot of conjecture that there is organization and funding behind these protests.
Speaker 5: So we don't know what's on yet, is the very short and honest answer. I'm hoping to learn more. I was very happy to see that Central Holly is putting out this notice of investigation there, and this is the sort of thing that peeral government should be investigating. Their Congress has this beena power, DHSDOJ have a lot of powers at their disposal within the bureaucracy of the executive branch as well. Now we do know that whether it comes to the twenty twenty Black Lives Matter ANTIFA riots, whether it comes to the post October seventh Prohamas riots on American University canvases, we definitely do know that there have been outside funders. We just don't know to this day exactly the constellation eventities there. We highly suspected individuals like George Sodos are involved. There are very shady lefting organizations. One is known as Arabella Advisors. They are known to kind of try to mobilize activist lefting organization, but left has a very complicated network rata unfortunately. Actually the recent murderer of the two is really diplomat in Washingt DC, was actually very involved in some of these far left grassroots circles as well. It's an extraordinarily shady picture actually, and I think actually this is not talk about very frequently, but one of the most important imperatives for people on the right in America right now, especially when it comes to investigative journalists, really have the wherewithal the chops to get to actually do this, I think, to try to kind of systematically break down some of these very sketchy left wing organizations they're try to actually find out where the bank accounts are coming from, try to find out who is dropping off in mysterious three am load overnight fashion, who was actually dropping off the body armor and the vests and the kevlar helmets, you know, at the bus station Los Angeles, and basically tell these people, Okay, here's what you need to go ahead and then stand up to the man, stand up to the LAPD. Again, we don't actually know to this day exactly who is funding this, but we see it in the open, and it's been happening for a long time now. I just think you remembered this exact same sort of thing happening in those first few months of the twenty twenty George Floyd Riot's there, so it's going on for a long time there. Unfortunately, haven't gone a whole lot and answering this question. But I'm happy that Josh Holly's on the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's finally time to have a little bit of a real investigation into what's happened there, because there's now an appetite to actually find out the truth. The FBI is interested, certainly the Justice Department will be interested, and Senator Hawley is going.
Speaker 3: To be pushing this hard now.
Speaker 2: Today on Light and News, the President and the First Lady were at the Kennedy Center to see La miss and he was not one bit phased. Donald Trump with the prospect of actors boycotting the event.
Speaker 6: It's been reported that some actors maybe boycotting.
Speaker 8: I bring jail us.
Speaker 1: All I do is run the country.
Speaker 9: Well, the economic numberis you saw them today.
Speaker 6: They're setting records which took.
Speaker 9: Eighty eight million dollars in tariffs in two months, far beyond what anybody expected.
Speaker 6: There's no inflation, people are happy, people are wealthy. The country is getting back to strength again.
Speaker 5: That's what I care about, and we're going to have a safe.
Speaker 3: Country, Josh.
Speaker 2: This was the President's first visit to the Kennysy Center since he became its chairman back in February.
Speaker 3: He said that he's going to restore it to its former.
Speaker 2: Glory, and the reports are there was a little bit of booing, but mainly cheers and even chance of the USA throughout the arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, this is why he's president of the United States, right, is that he is able to stay with a straight face and in quite humorous fashion, name my dad. He's able to say, I put him care less when it comes to the possibility of a boycott from these presumably overpaid actors to go up there and emote and gesticulate to make all these things about how Donald Trump is an evil fashot or bashis or whatever there I mean. I mean, I think back as well when Donald Trump's on his most recent iteration of the travel band putting limited or full restrictions on entry into the United States from twelve countries throughout the world. There and he has this kind of video that he records sitting at the resolute desk in the Oval Office in the White House, and he looks and he looks at the cavern says, we don't want them.
Speaker 6: I mean, what a common sense sentiment.
Speaker 5: We don't want them. We don't want them. I put n't care less. This again, this is why Donald Trump is president. He has this innate, kind of inherent political appeal to Joe workingman. He is really kind of the class trader billionaire, the guy who has made rules of money and has made a global brand icon for himself. But the way that he speaks, the way that he acts just directly resonates Haart to heart with the working men and women of America. There this clip has getting another example of that.
Speaker 2: It it's amazing that a billionaire is so relatable, and a billionaire who's led the life is led now. The New York Post reports President Trump has been receptive to Elon Musk's apology for that X meltdown. Musk admitted he had gone too far in his personal attacks. No kidding, mate, President Trump told the Post, I thought it was very nice that he did that, But Josh, the President wasn't willing to say that. He let bygones be bygones with the Tesla space X CEO.
Speaker 3: And I don't think that's a surprise for Musk to do that so publicly. It's going to take a lot for that trust to be restored.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean to put it mildly, I mean, Elon overreacted would probably most politely I can put it there. I mean he took a personal he took a policy disagreement. He took a very reasonable disagreement over the so called Big beautiful and whether or not this is the best way to be appropriating funds there, whether or not to be a committee by committee, one bit built, okay, whatever. That's a legitimate debate that people on the right from Depper and haled it themselves. But he took it so personally. And the way that he reacted there, I mean, essentially calling Donald Trump a pedophile by talking about the the Steam files there, I mean, not an easy thing to walk back into right there. Having said that, having said that, I appreciate the instincts, I appreciate the instinct to try to walk back to try to make amends. It's frankly very gracious of Donald Trump, but he is willing to kind of just let bygones be bygones. That there's such a short period of time. It's best for the right, is best for the American right, And as someone who wants the American right to succeed, this wor ultimately I come down, it is best for the American right to try to get these two titans to try to let bygones, be bygones there, but easier set than done, because again Elon must dramatically, dramatically overreacted here. But the guy's the wealthiest man in the world. And think of it this way, Rita. If you are Donald Trump, if you are MAGA, you are the America the First Movement, if you are the Republican Party, et cetera, and so forth. There, you don't want to alienate Elon muss You ultimately do want Elon Musk on your side for pure kind of cynical funding reasons, if nothing else there. So that's ultimately where I come down. And it simply Donald Trump seems to agree.
Speaker 6: With that there.
Speaker 5: But boy, he's being very gracious because Elon must had some very nasty things to put him out.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think the right need those two to kiss and make up. But then the fact that Elon has the capacity to have a meltdown like this publicly on X If this was a meltdown behind closed doors, then it's another thing. But for him to take it and just completely lose it publicly, I think it's going to take a lot for that trust to be restored. But you don't want him to be writing those checks for billions to the Democrats because he has been a lifelong Democrat up until recently.
Speaker 1: Josh, she was.
Speaker 2: Red pilled, and I think that's authentic. I don't think that was opportunistic. I think he his politics and his worldview has changed dramatically, and other than that that little meltdown, he has been pretty sound for the Mega movement. Josh Hava, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you still to come. Why the LA riots could be considered domestic terrorism. International security professor Max Abrams explains, welcome back the anti Trump, anti ice protests. Riots really have spread to other blue cities. Let's have a look at what's happening in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: The violent protests are spreading to Democrat strongholds like San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and even.
Speaker 3: South to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Over the.
Speaker 2: Yes, Atlanta is a blue city. Georgia may be read, but Atlanta is not a song of the violence we're seeing in LA. With the use of fireworks to target police and even police horses is extremely.
Speaker 3: Dangerous, life threatening.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in international security expert Max Abrams. Max, some of the violence we're saying seems opportunistic. Some of it those seems very much organized. You are an international security professor and expert on terrorism. Do you consider some of this violence as acts of domestic terrorism?
Speaker 6: I think it is. You know, there's obviously a reluctance by the left to describe this kind of violence as terrorism, because terrorism is only done for ideologies that the left doesn't like. But the definition of terrorism certainly could include left wing political violence. The standard definition that we use is a non state actor, so we're not talking about a government who uses violence against a civilian target for political aim, and it's always useful to keep that definition in mind when trying to determine whether we're looking at terrorism. I think that some of this violence certainly looks a lot like terrorism. I think that increasingly the violence is going to be indiscriminate. It's not going to be just directed against ice or federal buildings or police forces and police cars. I think that these perpetrators pose a genuine danger to the public. Broadly. They're going to be increasingly setting cars on fire and probably looting stores indiscriminately anything they can get into, attacking shops, and the reason is is that these guys are simply united by anti American sentiment. So there might be some nuances in terms of their differences. How much are they motivated against a how much specifically against immigration policy.
Speaker 1: But this is just an.
Speaker 6: Opportunity for left wing extremists to try to exert their control over the country into intimidate anyone there. So, yes, this is domestic extremism and unfortunately probably increasingly terrorism.
Speaker 2: And we saw similar scenes that destruction in discriminate destruction of public property, private property, the looting, the arson during the BLM riots throughout America, and I would suspect there'd be a lot of the usual suspects involved in this as well. Tulsa Gabbatt says, this is organized largely, This isn't just some organic gathering of people who are upset.
Speaker 3: Do you see it that way? Do you see some organization behind at least some of the violence. We're saying.
Speaker 6: It's a combination. I mean, if you look at sort of the gear that these guys have, some of them are clearly professionals. You know, they have fancy face masks, you know, to deal with the whatever the authorities are throwing at them. They know how to deal with a gas you know Cannister thrown at them. Some of them we know specifically who they are, and they are part of an organization, their career criminals, if you will. But a lot of it actually is organic. So whenever there is like a some kind of a left wing extremist cause just blowing up whatever the extremist cause du jour is on the left, you're gonna get a lot of sympathizers who who join in. That was true of Black Lives Matter, it's true of the global anti Fato movement. That's how these guys rule. So yeah, probably in the beginning, there's a very important rule in terms of like the organization, in the leadership. But then you just have a whole bunch of angry people. You have weak control over the streets, and they're seizing the opportunity to stick it to the United States.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to ask about your own personal experience with some of the anti Semitism, anti Israel sentiment we have seen on university campuses. You've personally impacted by that hate and hostility. Tell me what happened at your university when activists took over your class.
Speaker 6: Sure, so let's go back the Hamas terrorist massacre. Happened on October seventh, three and just three days after that, before Israel had a chance to respond, before Israel invaded Gaza, a guy came to my office area in the hallway and put into my hand a flyer and said, you know, do you want to go to this event? And it was a pro resistance vigil or you know event down the street in Cambridge, and so I thought that was a little bit off putting. He shouldn't have been there, you know, near my office leading me propaganda three days after the attack, but I didn't think too much about it. Then I went to my classroom to teach that evening and the same guy was there, and he wasn't a student of mine, he was a student of the university I teach. So he wasn't responding actually to anything that I had said in class, in particular, that day's class was actually not sort of relevant to him. It was I was basically just targeted because I'm a Jewish professor. The topic actually was going to be on right wing extremism, but I wasn't able to teach until he like left and stopped making a commotion, and then finally he just got up and started sort of prancing around the classroom saying that, you know, I was complicit and the university was complicit, and he encouraged my students to walk out of the classroom and to attend this pro Hamas event in Cambridge. I didn't immediately file a complaint about that, but then he kind of stalked me afterwards, like hanging out by my office. I don't know what I could say on television, but he basically confronted me and told me to f off or whatever to my face. So I was thinking, Wow, this is you know, this is really quite personal. It should be pointed out that I wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Campaign of intimidation because you're a Jewish member of faculty and you wouldn't come to me.
Speaker 6: I did, that's right, And I did end up filing a formal complaint, and I wasn't the only one. Another faculty member had a related experience from the same student, and I didn't know what the status of my complaint was. They wouldn't update me. But then my phone started blowing up during the Northeastern University graduation ceremony because a student had taken it over and had you know, like fake blood on his hands on the stage. Thanks for putting the figure up. Yeah, that's the guy. And so when I saw that, wow, and this made it into the news, I immediately understood that my university, Northeastern University, had clearly not doubt with this student. He had gone graduation, he had gotten his and so I was I was a little bit surprised, because that really is pretty egregious to stalk me to take over the classroom. Yeah, and again I wasn't the only professor at Northeastern University to do that. We both were both tenured professors. We filed complaints. We did exactly what we were supposed to do. You know, I didn't get into a physical confrontation with the guy. I tried to use the Northeastern University system, and they rewarded him with the diploma and ended up, you know, embarrassing themselves in the national media. I think there are a lot of lessons here. The truth is is that the universities are not reforming themselves when they have a reason to, even when there is a credible complaint, even when there's a real danger to faculty in students, they refuse to act. And again, I do think it's important to know that Israel had not even responded yet. So this wasn't like against Night, you know, the genocide and Gaza. None of that had happened. This just was an outbreak of support for Hamas in the immediate aftermath of Operation Alaxa flood.
Speaker 2: And that's the point, Max, Northeastern University, all these universities would respond very differently if the target wasn't a Jewish professor but a black professor, or Hispanic or Muslim professor. Max Abrams, thank you for your time tonight, and that's all the time we have. I'll see you at nine pm tomorrow night for Lift. He's losing it up. Next it's Newsnight.