Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in. Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Is just one persons so awkward.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday, Matt, Thank you, Anna, Thank you for the beautiful cake.
Speaker 3: You've brought me.
Speaker 1: Jumpy to just like get to the end of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marilyn, let me.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 4: Birthday to You have to have birthday to Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 1: Hip it.
Speaker 3: Hooray, Hi hip hooray.
Speaker 2: Out the candles and make a wish. Oh, don't tell anyone you're wish.
Speaker 3: That's the number one rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for the cake. It's it's quite nice. I am schedule as we're coming into the building today. By accident, Oh my god, I thought you're about to drop the cake.
Speaker 1: I almost dropped it on myself.
Speaker 3: Did look like because you went like that and it looked like it was going to come back into your face.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt, it's your birthday? Twenty eight feeling great?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am. I am feeling great. Who would have thought I got here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What have you learned? I want to know, Like, because I feel like you've had a lot of life changes recently.
Speaker 2: I feel like as a person you've evolved heaps in the past since we've started this podcast. I feel like it's been a real evolution for you, which has been cool to see.
Speaker 1: But what have you learned?
Speaker 3: Twenty eight Things that I've learned before twenty eighth? Number one, do you have a list? Don't believe anyone when they say shaving your pubic care will rid you of crabs. Always wipe front to back. Number two. Number three, always walking pairs at night? That's from scary movie. I was like, what have I learned? I've learned a lot, haven't I? In the last couple of months. Like I said on something I learned was that I've really started to really figure out is that like nobody thinks they're the bad guy, are in the wrong in a situation, and they were like argue their point till they're blue, and that a lot of people struggle to see it from another person's point of view. What else have I learned recently?
Speaker 1: Everyone's the main character in their own story, in their own.
Speaker 3: Story, Yeah, that's the true, the same thing, yeah, character, So they're telling it from their point of view but failing. And I'm guilty of it as much as the next person. But because I've noticed it, I've taken a lot more notice of it and trying to realize that other people have their side of the story. Yeah, I've changed my whole outlooks outlook on your life as well. Was in like, I've changed my priorities. It's not so much going out now just you know, it's saving money, like putting a lot of focus back into.
Speaker 2: Myself, your very goal orientated, like we both are, which I think is like really positive. And it's almost like we don't want to go out and drink because we don't have time.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: And it's so good. It's such a good feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I really do enjoy waking up sober and not hungover on a Sunday, feeling fresh from the night before. That's really good.
Speaker 1: That's a big evolution for you, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've drunk enough for a lifetime. When I was younger.
Speaker 1: I've seriously taken a couple of years off your life. Probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, don't think because I don't enjoy it now like I used to go hard. Like you've seen me, You've seen me do it. Yeah, I have fun, But yeah, just change. I guess people grow up, mature, different life situations, different places they are in their life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have something very exciting coming up at the end of this month as well.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: We're going to be doing a live show at Splendor in the Grass. So if you're going there, make sure on the twenty, which is the Thursday you come and check out. Matt and I will be in the podcast tent and we'll be doing a bit of a live show.
Speaker 3: That's exciting, really exciting. Are you nervous or are you do?
Speaker 2: You know what I think When we did our first live show in Melbourne, I was like very apprehensive. I was like, you know, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know how we were gonna be. But I think we do the podcast twice a week, it's very second nature to us. I mean, we just roll in here and we just have a chat with each other, and I think Splendor is gonna be a lot of fun. We're excited to see some of the people playing there. We have some interviews hopefully that are getting lined up some of the artists that we'd love to interview on the podcast from Splendor. It's gonna be a fun time. I've never been to Splendor. Michael's actually coming up with us as well. I would like to him, should I take one of the girls, like you know it's gonna be me, and that Matt's decided to bring his younger sister Emma, Should I bring one of my girlfriends? And Michael's like, no, Splendor, It's been on my buck at least for my whole life.
Speaker 1: I thought it was done. I'm thirty four. I thought it had been and gone.
Speaker 2: And He's like, this is my opportunity to tick it off the list.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've actually never thought of Splendor in that way as something that I want to obviously, like there's I've done Beyond the Valley multiple times, so I just never thought about going up to Splendor. But more I talked to people were more like they're like, yeah, that's an awesome, like awesome festival out there, And I was like, shit, I'm excited now.
Speaker 2: I do love Byron Bay as well, Like Byron Bay has just this very cool, chill type of vibe. Obviously, I've never been up there when Splendor's on. I'm assuming it's going to be packed.
Speaker 3: Last year and they said that it was full.
Speaker 1: On really really yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's exciting.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we obviously, well.
Speaker 3: Last time we went to Buyer and we were at schoolies.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know if we can.
Speaker 2: We went on like a trip like couple's trip, and it happened to be schoolies and we were like, oops, from.
Speaker 3: Time, did you guys leave before you stayed on?
Speaker 1: Did you started earlier?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yea yeah, so we left before it got pretty busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it was like pretty wild. Yeah, but no, splending is going to be fun. So obviously we have our live show tour which is in September. If you can't wait till then then you can catch us at Splendor.
Speaker 3: So very excited for that, Anna, I was getting everything ready. How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: It? It was very good.
Speaker 2: We have officially moved into our new house, so we had to buy a new fridge because at the old apartment the fridge was in built, so I sold it before moving in, so we bought a new fridge, but that is the only thing we're buying because.
Speaker 1: We're obviously broke.
Speaker 2: Now since we have our own house, we now have a mortgage. But yeah, so excited to be in.
Speaker 3: And that sounds old. I'm talking about twenty eight You guys have a mortgage.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're going to be moving into your new play suit hopefully cross manifested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was stressful, but the movies did an amazing job. And yeah, I'm just so excited to be in. I'm excited to explore the area. And we got cameras for the front door, so hopefully that makes me feel a little bit more safe.
Speaker 1: But yeah, excited to be there.
Speaker 3: On furniture, what I've always said to literally a lot of my excess when I've been with like two banks as well moving and I've said the same thing to both of them, why do you buy nice furniture before you've got your house that you've bought and living in. I know that. Kira week, when she was moving her fridge got dinted, the whole front of it down the railings. Jen's marble table had chips all taken out, of it, and I was like, I don't reckon investing in stuff until you've got your house that you're living in and you know you're going to spend twenty years there or however long twenty years well, I don't know how long? Yeah, like ten years, indefinite, who knows.
Speaker 1: See how we go? I know.
Speaker 2: Well I kind of had this conversation with Michael because obviously I wanted to buy all new furniture because you know, movie into a new house. And Michael was like, yabeuch you no but no. But Michael was like, babe, we're going to Europe in August. Like we need to be like a bit more savvy. And I'm not used to being super savvy.
Speaker 3: But you have a mortgage now.
Speaker 1: We have a mortgage now.
Speaker 2: So like all of my expenses, I'm just like watching everything. There's more Uber eats, like I am like on a budget.
Speaker 3: Uber eats that gets yeah.
Speaker 2: And like even just like how people were talking about the interest rates rising, now, I'm like, fuck, now you understand what Now I'm understanding completely what people were going.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when they'd have those chats in front of me in the sauna and that I was just like I have no idea. I still don't, but I guess you understand it now.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been talking a lot about potentially purchasing a house. You're twenty eight now, it's something that's definitely been on your mind. But the repayments is what like really stresses you out right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had this chat before and I said, you know, like buying house is fine, Like I've saved the amount I could go buy.
Speaker 1: I've got your deposit. I've got my deposit.
Speaker 3: Ready to go. It's like but then fuck, like, yeah, putting away money now when like you're living with my I'm living with my mum. I'm grateful enough to live with my mom at the moment to putting away money is quite easy. But you know you're making repayments to a like a mortgage. I think that's more like how much is that? I don't want to ask, but like that's not quite a big expense because you've got like rent as well as well.
Speaker 2: The only reason we even bought a house was because our rent went up significantly. And then when we did like the calculations, essentially, we were like having a mortgage isn't that much more expensive? I mean, it is more expensive, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a great enough amount where I was like, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It was like it made more sense.
Speaker 2: To have a mortgage, and then the mortgage repayments almost like became savings. Obviously, I know a lot of it's interest rates, especially for the first like couple of years, like a lot of it is interest rates. But as the mortgage starts going down, you just start paying it off more so.
Speaker 3: Also another thing about that I'm hesitant about as well about doing that is I've spoken to my psychologists about this year is do I want to can like get a house or do I want to use that money to go on like an awesome holiday. You and me have discussed this as well, like what do I want to do. I'm in this state of mind where I'm now twenty eight And she said a lot of guys at this age sort of like stop and go fuck like what I what I said before, Like what I used to enjoy I don't so much enjoying now, and like I'm at this sort of thing where I still want to be young, like and you know how important to me being spontaneous and like absolutely you know, like spueling. Like my side of my brain, it's like the spontaneousness and like the not knowing what's happening. But then at the same time, I want ritual.
Speaker 1: You need stability. You hate when things are up in the.
Speaker 3: Air, constant battle for anyone that's got Ahd's like you want the stability, but you want to be able to do stuff and be spontaneous and like it's like, well, what do I want to do? I want to buy a house? Or do I want to do this? What path do I want to go?
Speaker 1: So what's the taker ad do both?
Speaker 3: I just said a bunch of It's say, you know that thing.
Speaker 2: Answers you want soft talkers seriously, Like I think the happy medium for you as a friend is to potentially buy house. But then also like your life is imporing. We're fucking going to do a live show. It's splendor. Like if I don't know what's going to give you more.
Speaker 1: Adrenaline than that, that is quite adrenaline.
Speaker 2: Also going on tour with the podcast, like we're going to be Life's good.
Speaker 3: I mean I just did own my mind. I sort of get into this thing where I'm like, well, shit, what do I do you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I get you. I get you.
Speaker 2: It's a it's an inner battle that we're all facing. But I mean, I think everyone's also running their own race, and like exactly, so I.
Speaker 3: Say that that's my motto. That's something I've learned twenty eight things before twenty eight. Everyone's running their own race.
Speaker 2: Now it's just going to keep adding them to the to the non existed list that he never made.
Speaker 3: Made up literally as I was sitting here.
Speaker 2: So you celebrated your birthday on the weekend? How was that?
Speaker 3: It was good? So I saw my mates Friday. God, it's so hard to organize stuff, isn't it, Like it's my birthday, guys, Like stop throwing two cents in, Like it's what I like?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 3: We went and hit some balls at the driving range, had a couple of drinks at the dinner after that. So that was fun to see all my mates. But like I said, it's hard day, Like everyone's like, well, why don't we do this? Why don't we do this? Oh that's too far from my house. My guys, it's my birthday. This is what I want to do. I want to just have some chill time with you guys and see, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's pretty chill of you because normally you're like, I mean I've been to a Halloween parties where you were getting lyddy mc titty, you know what I mean, Like, this.
Speaker 3: Is quite a frat one. Yeah, like my birthday.
Speaker 1: That's actually like a quintessential frat boy right now. And it's giving me that.
Speaker 2: When we had it at my house and you were wild, I was like, holyh and we all.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, I'm going out, and I was like, who's coming with me? And everyone's like yeah yeah, and then all my mates who lived in my house like let's go. And then we got out the front and we realized that there's people still in our house party. Maked I was like, look, I'll stay back and stay with these guys. N Yeah, Like we can't leave him at your house like our house partying. Wow, So we went out. That was a good time, but not like that anymore. This one was chilled.
Speaker 1: Big gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing gold, having a few hits of like the golf clubs. It's fun. It's also kind of bonding.
Speaker 3: Exactly, just activity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of beers over din it. Then I went to the young members at Esterton Night. So they night, so I had a couple of drinks. I brought my two sisters with me. We watched Esterda and Versport Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Did you buy your ticket because we're now in dry July.
Speaker 3: I did purchase a ticket. Y, I did, so I was allowed to drink. And then Sunday night, Jen asked me if I wanted to go away for my birthday and I said, yeah, like that sounds good. So we went and stayed in law.
Speaker 1: Oh cute, that was nice, very nice to wear todd toddies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice, So I went to Toddi's and then had a nice night and then yeah, came home. Love It always nice to do that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, that sounds lovely. Sounds like he had a lovely birthday weekend. I've brought us in a cake. Well when I says, I mean you, because I've actually added to my drig July. So I'm not just gonna do no drinking alcohol minus the tokens I buy when I want to drink.
Speaker 3: That's splendid. That's what we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: That's splender.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to do it because it's splendor We want.
Speaker 1: To doing a live show at Splendor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we want we're staying on at Splendor. We want to have a couple of drinks there. We don't, so we'll be buying some tokens.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, yeah, but I've added something to it. I'm cutting out junk food as well, So this cake is solely for you.
Speaker 1: I'm not eating it.
Speaker 3: What do you classify as junk food?
Speaker 2: Just like lollies, chocolate, any sort of like soft drink, you know, free, yeah, even sugar free. Like I just want to get back to basics and just eat whole foods.
Speaker 1: Have my three meals a day.
Speaker 3: Oh ice cream?
Speaker 1: No ice cream? Like, I just want to have water teas.
Speaker 2: You made me a nice green tea, which I'm very appreciative of, and just like you know, I'm also going to Europe, so I just want to be super healthy. I'm in my new house. It's like almost like a new start. It's like, you know, the end of an Erar was where I lived before, and now I'm like starting a new chapter and I'm just like trying to do all of the healthy things.
Speaker 3: Alcohol. You'll be surprised is one of the what do you call it? Like without weight, Like I remember, like the last couple of weeks when I cut out alcohol for four weeks, like I could see myself like leaning up, just like literally naturally just leaning up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hold a lot of water weight in my face as well, so when I drink alcohol, I do notice that my face gets quite puffy. So that's something that I'm grateful for doing. Dry July obviously, man and I've been very back and forth about dry July.
Speaker 1: Guys that we do apologize.
Speaker 2: I know that, like so many people in our Facebook group have been like keen and like fanging to do it with us, and we've just been not the best you know, supports to everyone who is doing it. But we are doing this. It's happening. If we do drink, we will buy a ticket, so it's all going to go to charity. So it's going to be a good cause and for the majority of the time, we're not going to drink, So that's the goal. All is well, and head to our Facebook page if you are joining in and we can all do it together.
Speaker 3: Speaking of July, it's the first of July was obviously on the weekend. Flick your calendar's over now. I don't know if anyone saw my story or my socials. But I want a calendar.
Speaker 2: What do you mean You're on a calendar? So if you may, just you put yourself on a calendar.
Speaker 3: No, for god, oh god, I didn't put myself on theres Actually I actually tried to get out of this.
Speaker 1: What is there?
Speaker 3: So for charity? Every year they make an Australian trade calendar, so charity obviously buy them, you know those like they have you in trady outfits and then the other one is like around the house like big buff, good looking dudes doing stuff that women want to buy the calendar for right yep. Last year they asked me, they message and I said, hey, do you want to be involved in it? And I was like yeah, cool, idea. This was the shoot was probably in August, if i'm I remember. And then they asked me like two months before and I was like, yeah, yeah, I'll why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: And then they were flattered we like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like thanks, so like you They stressed like it's shirtless, You've got to look good, and I was like yeah, easy, two months away, you know I can do this now. So hard training didn't continue with the training a week out I called the guy who booked me for the calendar and I said, hey, mate, just like touching base, I know the shoots next week, just to let you know. I don't think my body is what you guys are exactly looking for for.
Speaker 1: That makes me so sad.
Speaker 3: He goes, no, no, like, Matt, nah, it's fine, Like I'm sure you haven't blown out. And I'm like, yeah, look, I'm really killow car. Look my metabolism what it once was. I'm twenty seven, Like it's slowed down a lot. I'm not twenty one anymore. I'm trying to hit the gym. I'm doing everything I can. And he goes, look, we look, let's let's forget about the body. We've booked you for you we want like your face in it. We want you to help promote it. It's for a good cause. I was like yeah. I was like, look, I'll come down. You flattered me, now, I'll come on down.
Speaker 4: We like.
Speaker 1: He slaps some abs on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we'll fix it up in post. So I rack up to the studio. I see some guys getting out their car and I'm like, shit, got extra medium tops on, like big biceps. I was like, gee, whiz. I'm not where I should be right now. I get out. There's obviously some people because they obviously do it in like timings. So some people are taking their photos in the studio and I was looking at him and I was like, holy.
Speaker 2: Sh are they like just chiseled, jacked, chiseled dudes.
Speaker 3: And I was like, fuck, you're like, Matt, thank you for coming. Blah blah blah. Here's the change rooms. So I've seen the change things of the other guys who in the next group of photos, and I've seen that, and I've never felt so out of place. Could you imagine, like being around these buff guys. And I'm like, literally, I've got the mud cuts and I'm not what I once was and I'm staying there. Like they've said, bring trading outfits. I don't have trading outfits anymore. So I was just like, and I've got like these trading for workpants on. I'll try to find the photo. I'll post it on the Facebook page photo of us all and I.
Speaker 1: Just find it. I want to see it.
Speaker 3: I look so out of place.
Speaker 1: On this, Oh my god, I bet you don't.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just your own insecurities that are like getting to you, or they just like fully fully jacked.
Speaker 3: I'll let the photo talk.
Speaker 1: I'm actually excited to see the photo.
Speaker 3: There's the Hey, let me see this.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's not as bad as you think it's not.
Speaker 3: They all have you can count how many abs? Then I literally.
Speaker 1: You're still taller than all of them. So thank you you just.
Speaker 3: Ah, I could have done a lot more.
Speaker 1: Jesus. Guys are fucking jacked up. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: So imagine me just standing there Andlica just walking onto the set like I might tell the stories. Are they actually.
Speaker 1: Shoving shovels like covering the ab?
Speaker 3: Make sure the photo they went with in the end was you believe it or not, had no body in it. It was just me leaning on a broom. There you go, you set that I have my face.
Speaker 1: The stress of photo shoes. You just we forget.
Speaker 3: We do, yeah, we do. Even when we did that nude one for the two million listens, somebody my mum showed some woman of her friends and she said, oh, has Matt stopped working out?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: People? People?
Speaker 2: I don't know why everyone comes for you for your body like you look good. I don't know what the thing is even your friends they like call you fat and stuff. I think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It actually pisses me off because I see how it affects you. It actually like it really gets to you. And then you're like, I need to go to the gym every night, and it makes me feel sad because you look great.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and I appreciate that. I think that it's just because what I once was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what what you once were wasn't healthy. That's the facts of it. You were modeling, you probably.
Speaker 3: Were very underweight, we'd very underweight. So the other day I'm now one hundred and ten hundred and twelve kilos whatever, you're going to take your opinion. My mat say that I look a bit like thick in that, but I would say I'm not that thick. But when I was modeling, I was eighty two, which.
Speaker 1: Is so underweight for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're six foot five probably six six.
Speaker 3: Two meters one hundred and ninety eight centimeters exactly.
Speaker 1: I really don't think you being eighty two iculos it would be healthy. So I don't think you should take it personally.
Speaker 3: I know, I know everyone just says that, like I once was what I want, and I'm like, yeah, but like today I'm twenty eight years old, Like I'm not twenty one year older, and you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to be if you could go back to being edy Tequilos, I would hope that you would say you wouldn't want to go back to exactly like you're happy with.
Speaker 1: How you are. Don't let anyone Matt's mum's friendship's fuck off.
Speaker 3: Yeh, she's out, She's Twitter in the beatning she's done.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start putting all these people around you who are saying this to you in a bit because it's actually pissing me off because I hate how it like affects your confidence and it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're pretty confident as it is.
Speaker 2: You don't need more confidence, but it does affect you because you do take pride.
Speaker 1: In your appearance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I And like, I remember my mate when I was modeling, he was older than me. I used to work with him on the tools and he was like, dude, when you get older, women don't want you looking like you do, like they're not attracted to a skinny little boy. And I was like, nah, this is the industry. The girls love it. People love it, but like, since I've got an older I know what his means now, Like they want a bit more meat on you, they want a bit more like Yeah, no one wants a skinny little you know what I mean, ripped up abs.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't want ripped up as that's for damn sure.
Speaker 3: I know. It just shows that a guy has takes more time in he's training than he does with you.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: My recommendation this week is speaking of bodies and all that sort of stuff is and training, I've started to do sit ups and push ups. I used to do this just to you know, keep it going while I'm watching TV at night. Yeah, yeah, so I start, you know, I just I got an exercise ball and I just do push ups and I sit up.
Speaker 2: It seems to feel bad because you're just talking about how people are making you feel insecure.
Speaker 1: Now your recommendation is doing sit up.
Speaker 3: So I was watching TV spiral down, but it's just killing two birds with one stone. I used to do it, and you know, it keeps me young, keeps me fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you do like to say fit, So I know it's not related, but it just it's just now I feel bad for my recommendation, which I'm about to give because mine is also exercise related. In my new unit, I have to go one flight of stairs to get to my front door, so I've been taking the stairs.
Speaker 1: A lot more.
Speaker 3: Do you have an elevator?
Speaker 2: No, No, we have no elevator, so we have a flat of stairs, so you have no choice.
Speaker 1: So I have no choice but to take the stairs.
Speaker 2: But my recommendation is instead of taking like escalators, kind of sub them out for stairs, because it's just such an easy way to get like your steps up for the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I used to during lockdown because we had nothing to do. I used in the apartment I was living in. I used to run the stairs.
Speaker 2: Really fuck that's savage. Was fu wow wit Do you know that I actually once did this thing. It was like for charity, and I had to walk all the stairs of the Eureka Tower, which is like the tallest building in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It was fucking savage. I was exhausted.
Speaker 2: It was a lot, but it was like a race, so I had to go fast and I was like so exhausted, I was like dead by the end of it wasn't like a race race, but it was like everyone had to do it quickly.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, when was the last time you did the thousand steps?
Speaker 1: It's been a hot minut.
Speaker 2: But do you know what, since it's like very wintery at the moment, I've seen that there's a lot of snow falling around that area, and I really want to go up to the Dandenongs.
Speaker 1: I love it up there.
Speaker 3: Talking about timing, remember when we went to the Dandekongs for my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yes years ago to Miss Marples. Yeah, with both about exit.
Speaker 3: The pie and the skyplace, and you couldn't see the fog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was amazing. I really like that's on my to do list. Like I don't know if I want to have like a chill weekend next weekend just because we've just moved and I just want to relax. But over the next coming weeks, I really want to go up to a Linda, which is the suburb in three years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally to the day my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there's nothing better than just like really rugging up and like going into the mountains.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, So yeah, I do enjoy those days up there.
Speaker 1: Also a recommendation.
Speaker 3: I went there last year as well for my birthday. Did we drove from the wineries down that way?
Speaker 1: Beautiful? Do you know that area as well?
Speaker 2: There's like a I think it's in a Linda and they have like a little toasting marshmallow area on the fire. It's really nice. Yeah, I yes, so do I. It's just got a really good feel about it. Okay, we'll look on that note. Let's jump into our hot line. Hello, you've reached Anna and Matt.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 2: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep. Okay, Matt, normally you're the button pressor for this, but I have a very special voicemail for you for your birthday. Exciting Okay, this message comes in from Janine, Matt's mom.
Speaker 4: Good morning and and Matthew. I just like to ring in to say happy birthday, Matthew, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Sending lots of love from me and your two sisters, Lara and Emma. We love your sunshine.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Thanks mom.
Speaker 1: How cute is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Makes me a little bit more eyebady.
Speaker 1: Ye Oh, I love your mom. She's there, she is.
Speaker 3: I didn't really do much with his mum over the weekend, so I might need to spend some time with her tonight and for my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you're getting emotion. Yeah, she's so cute. I love it how she calls you sunshine. I think it's so sweet.
Speaker 3: So a song used to be like growing up, you know that you're my ray of sunshine. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah she's sing that to me.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 3: Nice. Thank you for that, Mum and Anna for organizing that. Good. All right, my turn to get back on the door like some sentimental thank you. Okay, so this next hotline is anonymous.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey guys, here's a quick story for you. I met this guy towards the end of last year. Early this year, we were dating.
Speaker 6: We met on hinge.
Speaker 5: We had a really awesome first date. We met up quite quick actually after messaging, but it was like big summer romance energy.
Speaker 6: We went to a gig and then we went.
Speaker 5: To like four other places and we had such a fun night of like dancing and kissing and like just really great time, like good big chemistry energy and yeah.
Speaker 6: It was like such a great night.
Speaker 5: Like went home and I like voice noted my best friend just being like dude, that was insane. And immediately he was following up with when can I see you again? Like I really want to hang out, Let's do all these things, and I was like, okay, amazing fun. And so from that point we kind of started hanging out more and like going.
Speaker 6: On picnics and coming here.
Speaker 5: I was cooking for him and we went to a gallery like doing all of the things and amazing sex, like the best sex I've ever.
Speaker 6: Had in my life.
Speaker 5: He was a giver and just so so gentle, so hot, so kind, all of the things in the bedroom. Anyway, so we're having this great kind of time, and there was always this like thing that I was noticing around whenever I was trying to bring up the past, it would get like super vague and it was hard to kind of really pull.
Speaker 6: Things out of him. So if you were talking.
Speaker 5: About it X, it kind of wrapped up really quickly, and there was like so I could feel there was something there, but I was no rush to find out those things to.
Speaker 6: Us, like this is very new. I don't need to know.
Speaker 5: There was one stage to our dating time where I was like felt like I had been ghosted, which is just not on. So I had sent him a message saying like we've spent so much time in intimacy.
Speaker 6: Together, like I really would have appreciated a.
Speaker 5: Message rather than being ghosted, like just tell me if you're not feeling it, to which he responded with like an essay and two phone calls around how like that's just not in his wheelhouse, Like he would never do that. Okay, great, moving on, So we still hung out, and like it came to Christmas and like I was in I was into State and he was in Melbourne, so it wasn't We didn't see each other for a little bit there, and then I came home and it was New Year's Eve and I had plans on the evening time and so did he. So we hung out during the day, had this great time, had awesome sex.
Speaker 6: It was just it was it was a great time.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, I went to my festival and we were like texting and then kind of texting up until midnight time and then I'd never heard from him, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, okay, a new day whatever.
Speaker 5: Everyone has their things, and so it was came the new day and I didn't hear him from like three days after that, and I was like what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 6: And so I.
Speaker 5: Started to do some stalking and I went on to his Instagram, which he doesn't it's private.
Speaker 6: There's like two photos or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I was like, okay, I'm going to go to LinkedIn because I knew he worked, and so I went onto his link profile in LinkedIn profile and like pretty blank, to be honest, like not much there, but there was like all these endorsed skills, and I was like okay. And there was this one person who had done all these endorsed things, like you know when you get endorsed for LinkedIn or Excel or Communication or whatever. So I clicked on her profile. It's this gorgeous girl, and I was like, oh okay. So I was like searched her name in Facebook or Instagram, and like immediately pops up this beautiful girl and her beautiful child who's about three and looks exactly like this guy.
Speaker 6: So I was like okay.
Speaker 5: So I started to do a little bit more digging.
Speaker 6: I found out that he has a three year old and is he still married somewhat.
Speaker 5: Maybe recently divorced, perhaps separated, it's hard to say, but he's only thirty one. So I was like Okay, that's a bit, you know, not everyone's. It's pretty unusual I guess maybe yeah in my circle to be married at thirty one.
Speaker 6: So I was like, okay, you know, it's a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean at the time, I was totally heartbroken because I felt like, maybe like this was information I could have been priven to by the time that we you know, where we were at in our relationship, but apparently not. Anyway, I have yet to hear from this guy. And this is like a few months ago. I never heard from him after like the stroke of midnight. So he moved into you with totally different intentions than I did. But yeah, just wild that, like people have many alives.
Speaker 2: Huh wow, fuck.
Speaker 1: That is savage.
Speaker 3: Okay, well two things. Do they have an exclusive chat?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I reckon he's living a double life. I'm just gonna say it. I reckon he could be still married one hundred Like, why would you not bring up that you have a kid or like an wife. Well, if he wouldn't if you were still married.
Speaker 3: From a guy, maybe he's like not thinking of it as seriously as she was. So she was like, there's no need. I'm an overshare. I know a lot of my mates aren't over shares, so they'd probably be like, there's no point telling this information if I don't see this going further. It's no basis.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really sound like that, because they obviously went to a festival, hung out heaps, and they were like, she was cooking for him, and they seemed to be doing like relationship type of far.
Speaker 3: But we thought, it's not as cynical as we think. Maybe he was on a break.
Speaker 1: You're going to say, maybe he died.
Speaker 3: There's bad chance as well.
Speaker 1: There is that God he could have died.
Speaker 3: That's even more cynical. But he he might have been separated from his like the mother of his child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have been that's true.
Speaker 3: He could have been separated. He could have then maybe on New Year's gone to an event with her or gone to an event that she was at, sparked it back up and thought, I'm going to give this another go with the mother of my child.
Speaker 2: But the thing to this, the thing for me that I just don't get is if he sent her this big old essay on that he's not a ghost and blah blah blah, and then he actually goes and ghosts her that just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Maybe he did turn into a pump? Can it be nice? Cerella?
Speaker 2: If I had to guess what happened, I would say maybe he was married, they have a kid. They went on a bit of a break when he kind of stopped texting her. Maybe he started talking to his ex again. Then he was kind of like, what do I want? And he was like, no, I still want to beat her and see how it goes. He's obviously had sex with her on the thirty first, just before New Year, but then obviously he's been with someone else on New Year's night and something's happened. To me, it sounds like he's probably hooked up with the mother of his kid and they're back on. And maybe the mother of the kid has seen her messages come through and maybe blocked her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a possibility.
Speaker 3: You never know, never know. Maybe yeah, maybe he's he's like trying to kick it off back with the mother of his kids again. But still just send a message. Don't think like when you've gone on a high horse about called her twice, sent an esavor. How you don't ghost and then end up ghosting your hypocrita.
Speaker 2: I also think that if you're serious about someone, you want to spend New Year's Eve with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I hypocrital was the wrong word. You're you're a liar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think it's a red flag if someone doesn't want to spend New Year's Eve with you, because when you're first seeing someone and you're kind of in that honeymoon stage, you want to have a New Year's Eve kiss with them, right, even if you're both doing separate plans, you somehow like make it work to come and see each.
Speaker 1: Other or try and like collide. Play.
Speaker 3: One of my exits, she had her party, I had my party, and then like before midnight, she came to mind just so we could kiss. Yeah, and then she went back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a red flag that he didn't want to I feel bad though. It's annoying when you find someone who, like, you're having the best sex ever with and then they just end up being douchebag, you know what.
Speaker 1: Everyone who I've had like.
Speaker 2: Actually that's not true, because I had the best sex ever with Michael, but there was this one other guy who I had like pretty good sex with and he ended up being a douchebag.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon. That's what makes them makes them good at sex because they douchebags something.
Speaker 1: She said, it was just a lot of practice.
Speaker 3: She was gentle, he was gentle. Drink sex.
Speaker 1: That's that's cute.
Speaker 3: I like that gentle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like gentle, but knowing what you're doing so you're not like aggressive or raugh for.
Speaker 3: I think brought to my attention that I'm not very gentle.
Speaker 1: Now that looks he's looking at me like he's done something wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just never thought it was a thing until recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to try and be gentle. It's not like it's a gentle area, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I I yeah, I just like in general just with like like I'm not really I'm very I don't know, strength the very heavy handed like oh cuddle when I like, you know when only general like grab it by the back of the neck and like walker into random things just fun like I'm very like, I don't know very Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're a bit like just like rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know that kid had you well, I broke a lot of my toys growing up, like because I was so rough with.
Speaker 1: Okay, but just because you broke a lot of your toys. Growing up doesn't mean that you can't be gentle in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: I'm not. Yeah, I'm talking in general.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're also talking out in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in your bedroom as well, like if a like even at night, like I'll like pull in like it's like really roughly.
Speaker 1: Probably, Oh my god, it doesn't sound good.
Speaker 3: Just been brought to my attention recently.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna try and be a bit more gentle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will. I don't even know I'm doing it. It's just me.
Speaker 1: I love it when I wish, like I'm gonna post the video.
Speaker 2: But like Matt when he said that he looks like he was like a naughty like school kid.
Speaker 1: He was like knew he'd done something wrong. Like I'm not very gentle.
Speaker 3: Very very rough handed with things, like a lot of my stuff break because I'm very like rough and like don't really treat things. You've seen me do stuff, I don't really do it that elegantly.
Speaker 2: And okay, well I'm not going to rinse you because it's your birthday. Birthday, Okay, guys, make sure you send Matt some Instagram love and TikTok love because he's on the TikTok.
Speaker 1: Now, your TikTok have been doing well, math, I'm actually like I've been fight impressed.
Speaker 2: Send out some love on socials added until next time.
Speaker 1: Say bye, let's see some cake.
Speaker 3: Or you can't because it's you. You can, you can or should I after that photoshoot. Sorry,