Speaker 1: Morning every day every Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Get her.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gents, Welcome to a little bit of an extra podcast, little number we like to call the Extra podcast Number features myself Shody our news read Abbey's in here, as well as his producer Emily Gay. Guys, how are we feeling?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: Thanks the hell yeah? Hell yeah, right, it feels good. Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about some of the worst holidays that you've ever had?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, I've got one.
Speaker 1: Can you kick us off jokes? Because you are you? Firstly, are you a regular holiday takeing? Do you guys get somewhere every year? Well?
Speaker 4: Yes, we try to, yeah, just to have something to look forward to, you know, we all work hard. So but we had booked a holiday to bar and Bay two, the most magical place on Earth, which is Elements, and it's this beautiful resort. It's like an Aco resort and we take the kids there and we adore it, and so we booked the flights and then I remember being in the newsroom and looking on the Virgin website as flight after flight after flight was canceled, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 4: And it was just as like COVID was hitting and so they initially canceled our flight, so that cost us minimum one day of this precious holiday that we'd booked as a family, and then they rescheduled it. So normally you would fly Adelaide's Gold Coast right, jump in a car and it's a forty five minute drive to Barron Bay. They re routed us from Adelaide to Melbourne to Hobart, back to Melbourne and then up to the Gold Coast and then we had the drive and back to Cudamundra, then to Cudemundra and then and then to Broom and then to Bali. Yeah, and then we went past Bermuda and then we came back to the Gold Coast. No, it was it was absolutely nutsome, like traveling with three kids under ten.
Speaker 1: At the time, and three just had three kids.
Speaker 4: No, they're not kids coming from you.
Speaker 2: Your two year old, she's the devil sport. So yeah.
Speaker 4: Then we eventually got there and the girls went into the accommodation. It was like a fourteen hour day and opened tried to open up one of their bags and realized, oh, that's not our bag. I remember seeing this on social media play out, so someone had taken her wrong bag. Then we went back through the airline to try and track down this bag and he driven to Noos, which is like the furthest part from Byron Bay that you can get do you know what he said? He goes, Oh, I don't worry about it, just keep my bag. It's just an overnight I don't want it. And they're like, but you've got a little girl's bag. You need to get it back to us. He's like, nah, don't worry about it. And then the gorgeous glut version was like, well, it's theft now, so unless you want me to alert the police, you have to hand over that bag. So we ended up eventually they went to the end of the earth to get it back to us. But absolute effing nightmare.
Speaker 1: She is a lesson and all that.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: I leave your kids home.
Speaker 2: Don't travel with children? Yeah, we always say on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also build a build a virgin lounge at the Hobaut airport because we were there for a couple of hours and there ain't a lot to do. Once you've perused the Tasmanian gin section, I'm tapped out.
Speaker 2: What else are going to do? The bottle of gin.
Speaker 1: Go watch the Sheffield Shield, watched Tazzi play. I don't think so thought. I remember in two thousand and five a couple of mates that organize a surfing trip in Bali. So we've jetted off there and we've all got our surfboards and our boogie boards and everything.
Speaker 2: I know where this story is going to go.
Speaker 1: And I remember getting to Dentasar and it feel a little bit strange, like I had my bodyboard backpack.
Speaker 2: Actually did feel a little bit heavier.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm going through and I've got a bit of a tap on the shoulder and they've taken my bodyboard bag away from me and taken it through forensic analysis all those types of things. And then I'm still trying to work out how this could possibly happen. But you wouldn't bloody believe it happened. They found four point two kilos of marijuana. Really yeah, ridiculous stuff. And then I spent the next nine years in a prison at Balley and I didn't get back and the officially parlled and back deported from Balley until twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Wow, ridiculou stuff. I actually wrote book about it. Did you did you And do you make glass clocks now? Is that what you do? Glass?
Speaker 4: Hem?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you sell them on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Haven't been back to BALI since.
Speaker 2: Mean dog.
Speaker 4: Meantime, the sniff and dog that was sniffing your boogie bag is like, still it a cover?
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, I swear, sorry, I swear this story has happened to someone else.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Interesting my holiday, This was the best holiday of my life. But I almost didn't get let into the country. So I had decided I'd been really sick and I'd come out the sort of other end of it, and I decided I want to go and do a ktique tour through America.
Speaker 2: So I went, sorry, I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 4: She decided she was going to root her away around Europe.
Speaker 2: American number too. There was only a few boys anyway, so off I go, I book it all blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I realized Tank, my little sausage dog, I really like he was a puppy and he I pull out my passport and I see that he's chewed the side of it. And obviously, and obviously we all know that there's a big thing with taking passports that are damaged, so I had to rush through.
Speaker 2: I had to get a new one sent express.
Speaker 3: It's turned in something dollars blah blah blah, but you all done fine, So get to America standing there with my suitcase waiting till be let in, and the guy customs goes, can you just stand to the side for me?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh my god, Oh my god, what What's happened on my own here? I'm freaking out.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I get sent into like the interrogation room and I'm sitting there for I reckon. It was about forty five minutes, and I'm waiting and waiting and waiting. They finally they call me up and they go, why is your passport number different to your visa number?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm I'm like, oh my god, my dog chewed it. Do your homework.
Speaker 3: And I'm also snoop dogg and I'm trying to explain to them what's gone on. And I'm showing them like here was my lodgment for the new passport and the reason and this, and I'm going through everything and I'm thinking in my head, if you don't get through this, You've just like if they send me back, that's I've put ten grand down on this, so I'm here for Thirsty. I was there for thirty five days. I'm going to what am I going to do? Anyway, got to the point where they went, yep, okay, cool, we believe you. Yeah, they issued a new visa off. I went to the hotel and just thought I was so embarrassed and so angry at myself that I thought, I'm never going to tell anyone what's happened. So I didn't tell anyone the big drama because I thought Mum was already like so angry at me for booking it and going on my own.
Speaker 2: Best holiday ever. But yeah, nearly didn't get let in.
Speaker 3: It was a bit tipsy, so but anyway, yeah, great, a great lesson to always make sure that her documents numbers matchup.
Speaker 4: So true, and then she rooted her way.
Speaker 2: Around the stace had to have a roster for something.