Speaker 1: It is Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and guys, we're heading at Albert Park.
Speaker 2: We're going out today. I'm very excited. But of course the main event is on Sunday and one of the favorites is our Melbourne boy, Oscar Piastre. His beautiful mum Nicole is a friend of the show and she joins us this morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: Are you nervous?
Speaker 1: How are we feeling a bit of a mix.
Speaker 5: Of nervous nerves excitement? Yeah, yeah, a bit of a mix.
Speaker 2: It must be exciting though, having the Formula one in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oscar is a Melbourne boy.
Speaker 2: It must be nice being on a home track and you've got all your family around and your friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is. It's a very different feel going to the race that's a home race.
Speaker 4: How many people ask you for tickets, Nicole?
Speaker 5: About twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you get to spend time with your boy, you would witness fans coming up and greeting him, and sometimes I'm sure they can say some random things. Are you Are you aware of what our own Lauren Philip shouted out to your son on a road here in Melbourne earlier in the week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I am because.
Speaker 3: I was in the car.
Speaker 4: I listened to you guys in Oh, okay, thank you, We've got one.
Speaker 5: And I was in the car. This is funny. I was in the car with with Oscar's girlfriend Lily. Yep, when Lauren was telling this story. So Lily was in the and Lily was in the car with Lauren when she saw Oscar right oh, and so Lily's like.
Speaker 3: Wait is that?
Speaker 5: She's like, yeah, I was there.
Speaker 2: Happened. Lily and Oscar were in the car and I pulled up next to them at the traffic lights. I've never met Oscar, but in a moment of confidence where I got way to him here, I wound the window down.
Speaker 1: And what did you shout, Lauren?
Speaker 3: I liked your bird a grill and I know your mom.
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: Did she say it was as I felt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no she didn't.
Speaker 5: You know what what's unfortunate for you, Lauren is that Oscar's awkward at the best of times. So I could have done that to him, and the look he would have given me if I was sitting in the car beside him would have been just as awkward as the look he gave you.
Speaker 3: No, he was very friendly.
Speaker 2: He was very friendly, but I could tell when I first went down the window he was like, Oh no, who's this.
Speaker 5: He's got this, you know, he's got this air of this, this kind of apprehension when anyone now approaches him because he's not sure what he's getting.
Speaker 4: So this must be a heavy duty week for him, being his home grand prix. Like how much stuff does he need to go to? And and how does he I mean, does he like it? Because it's all you know, F one is about driving a car, but it's also about marketability and you know, being part of the brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think he's naturally an introvert, so that's a little bit challenging.
Speaker 4: But that's also quiet. That's what makes him so lovable.
Speaker 5: I reckon, Yeah, Yeah, he's Yeah, he's pretty quiet. I think that the home crowd. He loves coming home, and he loves the home crowd, so I think he quite you know, I think he really enjoys getting in amongst it, and probably more enjoys being around the fans rather than the corporate stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the whole of them, Like you've got the whole country on his side.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I've never seen so many McLaren fans in my life.
Speaker 1: Do you get much time with him while he's here, Like does he come home for a little home cook meal or anything? He does?
Speaker 5: But it's really like he was around on Sunday, but I think he was told just to get out of the hotel and stay awake, so he chose to come to our place.
Speaker 3: I saw him go. You know you sorry, I think you sawry Monday or Monday? Sorry was it's a long weekend. It felt like a Sunday, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, it was a public holiday. He does put in a request. He's got this. I mean, I'm not very good cook, but he does like my No, yeah, go to Grier. He likes my pastor and and he likes more than sweet things like yes I can bake so gone to dumplings.
Speaker 2: Yeah stop it, un dumpling now, Nicole, your mum also oscars Nan.
Speaker 3: We all went to the Grand Prix.
Speaker 2: Grandma, grandma, We all went to the Grand Prix together last year, and she was she bakes rumble or makes rumbles.
Speaker 3: And takes run down to the mclarantine. Will she I'm learning, Yeah, yeah, Will she do that again this year? Drop it down for them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's got hundreds of them, so this morning we'll drop them in when we to the track.
Speaker 4: Hang on, can't be get the team lick it up.
Speaker 5: No, they're not rumballs that were there. They're rumballs without the rum. But we can't really call them brown just brown balls.
Speaker 4: We can't now, Nicle.
Speaker 1: We love you boy, And I know he is very skilled behind the wheel, but surely he must suck at something.
Speaker 3: Where anything is not good at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's really bad at.
Speaker 3: Cooking eggs.
Speaker 5: But you know what's funny is when he was when he got locked down with us and his sisters, his three sisters taught him how to to cook eggs and they're really really good at it. And then he went back when he went back overseas with his team Prema that he was driving with, they did like a team challenge with cooking giggs and they filmed it and they put it on YouTube and they were sitting there screaming at the screen because everything they told him not to do it or.
Speaker 4: In the in the front everything.
Speaker 5: Give him an egg and he will annihilate it.
Speaker 3: Can he cook anything else?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He can, he can. He can cook his He does like cooking, and he can cook some good things.
Speaker 2: But eggs.
Speaker 3: He's no breakfast chef. He's no eggs chef.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you are getting proud as punch watching him this weekend, no doubt, and hopefully we will see you trackside.
Speaker 2: And the whole of Melbourne I think are right behind us. But we love a homegrown hero.
Speaker 3: So good luck.
Speaker 2: I hope it's the same day weekend as well as a fast weekend, because as stressful as a.
Speaker 3: Parent watching his sun fat around at those.
Speaker 5: Speeds, especially with the rain.
Speaker 3: Yes, no rain for Sunday.
Speaker 4: And if anyone needs any ticket, nicolesy girl, give me up. Do you regret that?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for jumping on Nicole past.
Speaker 5: No, I'm so publicly. No tickets, I have no.
Speaker 4: It dropped out. We just turned tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll see you out there. Good last.
Speaker 1: Nicopias Street joining us on the air this morning.
Speaker 2: Oscar's beautiful mount. They're a gorgeous family. He's got three sisters and a beautiful man. They're a lovely, lovely family.
Speaker 4: They will about it brandma it can cook.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on No.
Speaker 3: One hundred.
Speaker 5: Lauren on socials,