Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away. This is Jason Lauren. You're one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody. She is a chilly one. See this is weird. It's six degrees, but today feels colder than yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just cold now. It's at that temperature and that time of ye doesn't matter. If it's two, doesn't matter, if it's six.
Speaker 1: It's just cold.
Speaker 4: Like we're cold to in.
Speaker 1: Your bones cold.
Speaker 2: I'm still holding on the shorts like the.
Speaker 4: House is cold.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't compline about it being cold, then okay. I just think like if you're not going to help yourself, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, it's a lot of work to leave the house for the two year old at the moment because you've got a rest of them. Oh yeah, so the amount of layers I had him in like a full puffet thing. He looked like Maggie Simpson when they go to the snow.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't move, And he's confused because he's in snow gear and your dad's in short so he's having some sort of identity class.
Speaker 2: Poor kid. And then you're sitting there in a park for two hours in the afternoon, it's freezing.
Speaker 3: Still go to the park in that temperature? Can you go to like the indoor park?
Speaker 2: No, kids would live at the park, absolutely live at the park. I've done the indoor play centers.
Speaker 1: Is that the park with the dj X?
Speaker 2: No? No, this was he's into trains at the moment. So I found a park in Marabin that overlooks the train line.
Speaker 4: Does he like being on the train though.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't like being on the train, just like watching the train.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a Thomas the tank engine job.
Speaker 2: I tried that. Don't worry yourself as I'm freezing.
Speaker 4: To mess.
Speaker 2: Control that impression.
Speaker 1: Another to.
Speaker 4: Thomas, Thomy said to what are the other trains.
Speaker 2: Called grumpy and bashful and no wrong show?
Speaker 4: That's our show.
Speaker 1: Hey, you should go to Puffing Billy.
Speaker 2: No, no, you must go, and I don't to Puffing Billy.
Speaker 4: Puffing Billy is a thousands.
Speaker 2: I've got more of a rock bottom. I got more of a rock bottom one. I think it's in Rabin. There's like one of those miniature train hobby clubs where the oldie old blokes go down there on a Sunday morning they drive their little trains round. I think you can go down and Chuck.
Speaker 4: Actually would love it. What miniature like?
Speaker 2: Collect them like miniature ones and then they collect right on trains. It's on a track and everything they build it.
Speaker 4: The kids go in it, though, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think once a month you can go down. You said, it's almost like.
Speaker 1: You think that one of the marriages. Are you sure you don't go down once a month with your little train driving? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, let me look it up.
Speaker 4: Look, yeah, you're gonna need to do some more research. I think it's in the rabbit. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: What about the ones in the shopping centers?
Speaker 2: Just go around and remember one a Pacific fair in the case that used to go around Ding Ding.
Speaker 1: I think the sis.
Speaker 2: Everyone's sitting in the back looking depressed like cows on a truck.
Speaker 4: Headed to I don't know what the hell you are talking about, anyway, it's cold a training Pacific fear that the scenior citizens go on the.
Speaker 2: Steam Locomotive Society of Victoria.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds like an absolute hoop.
Speaker 4: You would like it if he likes trains, and in fact, Jason, you would like it. You should go here, you go go on the weekend. I want to review.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they sit on the train.
Speaker 4: How did you find out about it?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I remember driving past and seeing a little miniature track, and I'm like, oh, the kids are going to be all over that.
Speaker 4: I will laugh if we see Jasons, Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, you're gonna look like bows.
Speaker 3: Bowser from Mario Cut looks so big in his little car. Will like, Okay, so your weekends sort it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Fun between moving house and the miniature trained society.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a great weekend, big.
Speaker 2: Guy an water board myself.
Speaker 4: It's so close to the weekend.
Speaker 3: So there we're all feeling a bit gassed in here after Hide and Seek, being locked in for the weekend.
Speaker 4: We've worked. I mean when we worked like ten days straight, feels like one hundreds.
Speaker 1: We're all just a bit frazzled.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon this is how hot?
Speaker 4: Well you know how frazzled I am.
Speaker 3: I just said to Perry Digital Girls, talking to him about yesterday, because yesterday was rough because obviously I was trying to.
Speaker 4: Work with the baby. His wife was sick and so he had to look after the bait his baby. And I said, oh, was your baby in here yesterday? And he said no, no, I wasn't here. And I said, what do you mean? I was talking to him? I was buzzing from here out there talking to him.
Speaker 2: No, you were talking to him at his house and.
Speaker 4: No, no, And every time I apparently spoke to him, Brodiary sexty producer were buzzing and go okay, caol, I'll let Perry know. And I didn't realize too just now he wasn't even here.
Speaker 2: I mean to be free and my name last week.
Speaker 3: Well I got here at six thirty yesterday, so I was in a flap to begin with.
Speaker 2: Hey, Grannie, Die has called through a nice and early get a die.
Speaker 5: Hey, hell are morning Grannie?
Speaker 4: To get here from so early?
Speaker 2: You're just getting home? Die?
Speaker 6: I wish I was getting always wake up early?
Speaker 1: How are we doing?
Speaker 2: Die?
Speaker 4: Three o'clock lunchtime?
Speaker 2: Good God? Yep?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: All? Jo was talking about train? Yeah, and there's a real train in Bayswater Park with opposite Besi Hotel.
Speaker 1: Write down, opposite the Baisy Hotel.
Speaker 6: Opposite Yeah Street and Mountain Highway.
Speaker 2: Right, if I sit on the trabile, I see you over at the hotel. Die, nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, do you think should go on the weekend? Do you think should take your son down there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: She just heard hotel? Are you good?
Speaker 7: Die?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, life's going well for you. We love you, love you, love your granny.
Speaker 1: Die.
Speaker 2: Let's get this freda Carpenter, Poor little honey, eight year old? Yes, I picked him up from school? Is up? Mom? Forgot to pack the jumper? Almost got frostbite during the year.
Speaker 4: It's the polar blast.
Speaker 2: I'm like, isn't isn't there a communal jumper at school?
Speaker 1: Lost property?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The old lost property, but surely blasts almost got frost.
Speaker 3: While we're talking about outfits, can we talk about you too? In both in your waffle tops but in a shore it's leaving a long sleep.
Speaker 4: In the same outfit.
Speaker 1: Did that happen?
Speaker 2: Because we got star we do have style?
Speaker 1: And speaking of style, European summer, I want to talk about it because.
Speaker 3: I'm going I'm counting down the days it started? Though, hasn't it on the Instagram? I'm posting their picks already.
Speaker 2: May follow you, That's fine because I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Don't follow me back. Actually, I'm cool with that. You've never ever commented on one.
Speaker 2: Of my posts and I'm big on the light.
Speaker 1: You're good like it.
Speaker 4: I'm also back in the stage.
Speaker 3: Remember last year when I kept buying crocheting dresses and then I looked like a Christmas Ham every time. I was like, I've started the summer wardrobe.
Speaker 4: Shop online. I'll bring some things in that are going to arrive returned to Cinder.
Speaker 3: It is if you're a six foot five supermodel, not me. I seriously look like a Ham in a bag.
Speaker 2: All right, you don't try just jeans. I walk out and I look at.
Speaker 1: The jeans, it's still open.
Speaker 2: Look at David Beckham in the same outfit, but I'm like chopping it just whatever company. He's the model. But I walked out these pants and I looked up at the big model shot of David Beckham in them, and I'm like, it look like him.
Speaker 3: I remember Paul bought the linen pants because he saw Chris Hemsworth wearing them and thought they're for me and they and they were like spray on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Different to cut two pairs together.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going shopping too, because I'm off to Patty for the Olympic game shortly. And two I'm so pumped seem to have missed a memo. But yesterday in the newspapers there was an article about this.
Speaker 4: Hey like short shots.
Speaker 7: Short shot, Yes, short short, I wear short shorts.
Speaker 4: You do wear short shorts? Shout like stubbies? Is that they called study stubby?
Speaker 1: Now this is all. This is a trend which is apparently swept Europe. Paul Mezkarl, you might remember him from Normal People, Irish Irish heart throb. He rocks a pair of short shorts anybody else and he looks halt water well cut shorts resembling boxes. Now I'm all for it, Lauren as the fashionist.
Speaker 4: I'll look at the guy from the Bear Yeah.
Speaker 1: Non existent though, what's his name? Yeah, he's just he's just wearing he's just wearing thighs and.
Speaker 4: You know what, he could probably take the shots off if you ask me.
Speaker 2: He looks like the shorts off.
Speaker 1: Where do we sit on the larrant? And permission for me to rock a pair of short yet?
Speaker 3: Because you know why you can wear short short because you haven't skipped a leg day in a long time.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 4: What about Jason, No, you're a knee length guy.
Speaker 2: I'm a knee length no, no, no, no, you're above the knee, above the knee. I like a medium short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because remember shorts went too long for a while. They were like to the knee on men, and they looked.
Speaker 2: What do you said on the three quarters on a man? Capri like a three quarter pant with the.
Speaker 3: Zip spans not shorts, not pants, No, not with the zip, not the Colorado style, but.
Speaker 1: You're unzip them or the short shorts apparently in Europe right now are seen as a very sexy piece piece of clothing. It's being dubbed thigh guy summer.
Speaker 4: And men love their pins.
Speaker 3: Even men who are like out of shape often think, I'll get the pins out.
Speaker 4: That'll make me look fit.
Speaker 2: Trading seem to them all trades were extremely tight shorts. I've noticed is that because like they're bending down and stuff. They don't want them getting caught on their knees.
Speaker 3: I think it's because they've got good pins. Remember the handsome Trady Jackson we.
Speaker 1: Had, Yeah, he did wear short He.
Speaker 4: Wore short shorts the voice. They were short toy shorts. They were very toy.
Speaker 2: You could see now, Yeah, should I get some shorts summer?
Speaker 4: How short?
Speaker 2: As short as they go.
Speaker 1: Can you think a.
Speaker 3: Man in like a speedo looks if they look good in them?
Speaker 2: I was about to say, like.
Speaker 4: A confident man in the sphere?
Speaker 1: Where do you what about?
Speaker 4: It's Europe. In Europe you wear minimal like wear tops.
Speaker 2: Do they wear rash bests on the beachin No?
Speaker 3: And you know what's so good about Europe which we don't we in Australia.
Speaker 4: It's just not like that. In Europe.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter what shape or size you are. Everyone is so confident and happy on the beach and I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking at each other. Everyone's just having a good time.
Speaker 3: We do judge here, get your short shorts out, get your speedos out.
Speaker 4: One piece the Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should wear in one of those dresses. To you should wear one of the crochet dress.
Speaker 4: It's the polar Blast.
Speaker 3: Clint love Hams celebrating Chrisas in July with Frosted a Winter Spectacular.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale now from Ticketmaster. Jason Lawrence Snager Snowman.
Speaker 2: I love this. You'd be looking for activities come school holidays and it doesn't get any better than this.
Speaker 4: Bit of a Christmas in July thing.
Speaker 2: It's really cool in July. It's called Frosted, celebrating Christmas in July a Winter Spectacular. Tickets are on sale now from Ticketmaster. How this is going to work is set up at Frosted on Friday. Will be the giant ballpit. Inside there is a tiny little snowman. The first person to find it when's five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very amusing watching a whole bunch of adults just digging through the balls to try and snag a snowman.
Speaker 2: I love just collapsing in the ballpit and then vanishing. So get balls on top of you.
Speaker 4: What so people think you're gone because they can be quite deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bad converoter can come in halfway through Margaret. Hello, Hi, you are our final person. We are throwing in the ballpitste.
Speaker 3: You snag the snowman and when yourself five K. That'd be nice, wouldn't it?
Speaker 6: That would be amazing when I want to share.
Speaker 4: It with anyone? When keep it for yourself.
Speaker 2: Time as an adult? You're in a ballpit?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't even know if I've ever been in a ball pit.
Speaker 1: Can I get in it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: It's massive, dive in there. Can you know what my tip would be, don't look with your eyes, feel with your hands. Oh, there's no point.
Speaker 4: I'd use all your senses.
Speaker 2: Probably good call, but I would almost be like, you know.
Speaker 4: You might flick it up. Yeah, you're it's right, and then you got to dive across the ballpits.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars up for grabs. Tomorrow we will cross the Frosted. You can celebrate Christmas in July with Frosted a Winter Spectacular. Tickets throw on sale now from ticket Master. Five adults, one ballpit, once man and five thousand dollars. We'll chat tomorrow. Margs.
Speaker 4: You're exciting to see then, Margaret active, We active and you want to be able to move?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No heels in the ballpit to rule. I've been told yes since at the moment.
Speaker 4: The polar blast year, don't we chilled dog.
Speaker 2: It's the zone and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the one.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not the O zone, the polar blast. Blame the ozone light for everything.
Speaker 2: Guys, I want to talk what's an Australian And I would say going to a mate's barbecue, not taking some beers.
Speaker 3: An Australian going to someone's barbecue and taking beers and taking the leftovers home.
Speaker 1: Australian, what is all this bad behavior happened at barbecues?
Speaker 2: I know? Well this didn't this happen out in front of someone's house. Okay? Uh. A local resident has taken photo of something in their neighborhood they noticed when they were walking. They posted it to Reddit. It was the nature strip.
Speaker 4: Is happening in my street where half the.
Speaker 2: Lawn was freshly cut and a small section out in front of the neighbor's house was not. So someone's gone out the front, they've mowed their lawn, they've done their nature strip, and then that small little bit of grass between the driveways which just happened to be in front of their neighbor's house, they haven't mote. What about in Australia.
Speaker 3: Is it a separate piece of grass or is it all one piece and they've just stopped midway?
Speaker 2: Well either one, either one.
Speaker 4: You can't be stopped. Just surely go driveway to driveway.
Speaker 2: If the grass has joined you got you've got to do it.
Speaker 3: It's like there's a couple of houses in our street where people have like grown grass, like sprinkled seeds or whatever. Only halfway wouldn't you just wouldn't you just do the whole nature strip to try and grow the.
Speaker 4: It's very I.
Speaker 2: Think I thinks huge house seeds and manure different ballger.
Speaker 1: This rattles me because they're townhouses.
Speaker 4: They're so narrow, I know.
Speaker 2: But you can't meet it. You can't mix with someone's plantation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if there is nothing there, you'd just be like, let's make the whole street pretty. I'm doing it anyway.
Speaker 1: So you have to maw your own nature strip?
Speaker 2: What well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean ever friendly neighbors would just take the whole nature strip.
Speaker 1: I've got no neighbors at the moment. I've never ever ever moan my own nature strip.
Speaker 4: Do you have nice council it? No?
Speaker 2: Here they do, No, they don't an Australian.
Speaker 4: The council barely pick up the bins on.
Speaker 1: My always short and tidy. I just assumed the council did it. No, I've never done it once.
Speaker 4: But you've just moved in.
Speaker 1: I've been there for it almost a year, six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Never, you magically happens Yarra, City of Yarra. A lot of things.
Speaker 2: But what am I?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not your I'm stunning to you moved.
Speaker 2: And you used to have the old people who were like one hundred and twenty across the road. They used to take your bins out for you. Do they drive around to your new house? They did.
Speaker 1: I'd pay them to.
Speaker 4: Do that, Jase, you can pay someone to do the bits, can you? Well, he said to.
Speaker 2: HODEI he should make a bit of coin and going off of that service down the street my eight year old, and that's his business.
Speaker 4: Most people probably just are happy to put them out themselves, though, Yeah, walking dog walking is a good way to make cash when you're a little one.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to end up at the Sandy with the dog bite. I'm down there at the Sandy Hospital. Happy to end up at the Sandy pub. But yeah, like I don't want a dog going rogue and biting his heels.
Speaker 4: And then you're one of those people that doesn't understand neighborhood. You've walked with my sausage dog.
Speaker 3: You're not going to end up at the Sandy Hope Hospital. Maybe the Sandy Hotel.
Speaker 2: I remember growing up, we had to update our fence between us and the neighbors, and I distinctly remember sitting in the sandpit, big Boy playing with these Tonker trucks, and Mum and Dad having an absolute blow up with the neighbors because they didn't want to pay half and we didn't talk to them for like ten years.
Speaker 3: I think you don't have I think there is a funny rule with fences. If the fence is fine, it's one party wants to update that they pay for it. If the fence is falling over, falling down, it's both responsibilities. But I think there's also a thing like sometimes the fence is actually on one person's property, and then it is their responsibility.
Speaker 2: Question question who gets to pick which has the nice side of the fence, Like I don't want the bars. I don't want the bar.
Speaker 1: The runs could be handy though to climb peeping.
Speaker 2: Nice like cheek.
Speaker 3: I think that's also another I think if it's on your property and you're.
Speaker 4: Paying for it, you can do that.
Speaker 1: You can choose the bars, and.
Speaker 4: Then they can put something on their property to cover the bars, like a lattice.
Speaker 2: Do you have to another fence You don't have to do just.
Speaker 3: Like the road, the bar things that the cross across it. Why don't they just put planks on the other side too, and they both have nice fences.
Speaker 4: You only lose an inch.
Speaker 2: Do you have to agree on the paint color where you can do either one?
Speaker 4: They can do different colors on each side.
Speaker 2: Do you someone of the purple spraying?
Speaker 3: You know, but they would have to pay for it if they wanted a different You only paint one's heide.
Speaker 4: It's your responsibility to paint me on.
Speaker 2: The side thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: I think that I don't work with a councilor.
Speaker 2: I love that you should do that in court. Yeah, to your responsibility. You didn't commit the crowd.
Speaker 3: I don't think neighborhood wars over this kind of stuff is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You know what, We share a sewer, so yeah, I mean a duplex, right, and we share a sewer and the sewers carcked it over his side of the fence. So apparently I have to pay for an update of the sewer. That's just not on, is it. What do you mean an updated?
Speaker 4: You mean like the septic system?
Speaker 1: It must be.
Speaker 4: Mine are route through there?
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you had a situation yeap.
Speaker 3: No, we actually didn't. I think it was the I think it was the showers.
Speaker 1: It wasn't in the showers.
Speaker 4: No shot the showers. I think it was the shower.
Speaker 2: You're in the shower. That's an issue to get a new house. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number.
Speaker 3: Time it was a rental. I should have shout in the shower that place is falling down.
Speaker 2: Here's my bond. What have you had to blow up with your about thirteen twenty four ten. Whether it's the nature strip, the fence. Noise complaints were always a classic. Whose dad was it? Had the noise met already? Brody the Thumb, executive producer, Did your dad have one of those noise meters out? And he was checking there?
Speaker 7: So my dad was fighting with his back door neighbor because they had a pool filter that would run at all times of the night, and he got a one of those sound measurements to see how loud it was, and he would sit out there at like eleven o'clock at night and measure it.
Speaker 4: Oh god, we got a complain when we're readin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were cutting tiles or something and the neighbors were bananas far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do that seven fifty and not eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows from the block.
Speaker 1: It's tools down, Tools down.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. And what have you had to blow up with your neighbors about? And we are talking what un Australians. Someone's gone viral because a photo was a merchant them mowing their nature strip, but not continuing on and doing the neighbors stopping.
Speaker 3: Well, when you share a nature strip, question if you're doing it, just do it, do the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I got a mower, man Caine.
Speaker 4: So I don't earn a do you have a lot of grass?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fairtographs. I really should get a A.
Speaker 4: Lot of people find it quite therapeutic, I know.
Speaker 2: And it was just more we're in a rental. I'm like, are we going to be staying here? Do I need a mower? So I just started using kine.
Speaker 4: Great, what about the new house?
Speaker 2: You need a law might get a ride on?
Speaker 4: You don't need you're not on acreage.
Speaker 2: They look fun.
Speaker 4: You can't get a ride on.
Speaker 2: You can buy them with Bunnings.
Speaker 1: Now, why do you get one of those manual ones that you just elbow grease quite good?
Speaker 2: You know they do a battery operated Ryobi right on? Now do that they got the full range of Bunnings that sro down the front right on, ride on. Maybe I am you don't you don't know. Maybe I'll do a lawnmar business on the side, get a little trailer.
Speaker 3: It'd be more effort to get it on the grass than it would be to actually know the law.
Speaker 2: That's true. What I was going to say is if I'm paying some guy to Mama lawn, does he need to mow the nature strip for the neighbors? You know what I mean? You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what you do? You invoice the neighbors.
Speaker 4: No, you can't do you can't be doing that.
Speaker 1: Just pop it.
Speaker 2: In Australia, Sarah in Geelong, even a blot with your neighbors. What was it over, guys?
Speaker 10: So I had, like my old house they had We had a lemon tree and it was hanging over the neighbor's fence and one night about seven they started.
Speaker 2: Going, see Sharon nixt.
Speaker 11: Absolute out of us because we didn't know what was going on because it was dark.
Speaker 3: But had they ever come to you and said, hey, guys, lemon tree is a little out of control.
Speaker 4: Can we give it a prune?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, So they need to ask also from zero to one hundred because Sharon next door.
Speaker 1: You know, Sharon swinging Sharon.
Speaker 2: They've got like a lime tree that grows over there.
Speaker 4: Your lives.
Speaker 1: If they thank you, thank you beautiful, then vodka.
Speaker 3: She's not leaning over the over the fence to pick those limes, then.
Speaker 2: Lean over something else. A Rachel. I'm thirteen, twenty.
Speaker 4: Fourteen character assassination. Morning, Good morning. Did you have a blut with the neighbor?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 13: So we had a.
Speaker 14: Lady in our streets try and steal our cat.
Speaker 8: What happened, well, she you know, when animals.
Speaker 14: Get quite old, they touched off a little bit of weight.
Speaker 8: She thought we weren't feeding her, so she took her.
Speaker 14: And the only reason we found out is when cat's got to die, they get cats goes to die. So we knocked on our door and asked if she'd seen our cat, and she was sitting in her house.
Speaker 4: So you just thought the cat had died or run away?
Speaker 2: Is that what cats do?
Speaker 4: What do they do when they die?
Speaker 14: They normally go off to die. They normally just.
Speaker 2: Bruck my runaway considerate of them. Well, then you don't have to worry about getting out the shop. Oh you know what I mean? Cat, But I think that's nice of them.
Speaker 3: Well, outside of that, you can't be stealing someone's pets. You can call the RSPCA if you think that they're being or mistreated.
Speaker 1: Oh, you's going to steal something, steal a dog, Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 2: Clinton.
Speaker 3: Remember when I found my dog in the woman at the apartment down the streets house because the dog had worked out how to open the gate, and so it was letting herself out of our house, going to this woman's house, letting herself into this lady's house.
Speaker 4: He loved her, so she was feeding her all the time.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, how was the dog when you took about? Like was that happier with the lady?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well no, we had an air tag on her, and so we walked up and found her and we were excuse me, I think that's my dog. And the lady said, oh, she come see every day and I feed her and play with her.
Speaker 2: That's nice. You can't take the dog away now that's her company.
Speaker 3: She should get a dog got brought home and the handles got changed so the dog.
Speaker 4: Couldn't leave anymore.
Speaker 2: So you checking on the old lady.
Speaker 4: She talks to the birds. I hear all the time.
Speaker 1: She's fine. Does she I love that?
Speaker 2: Are you not her?
Speaker 4: The lady that talks?
Speaker 2: Now? What does she give us an impersonation?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing I'll record it.
Speaker 2: Just give some idea.
Speaker 3: She doesn't talk like a bird. She talks to the bird. Yeah, we've got to screaming next door. Really go down straight. Yeah, she'd be like right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but has conversations with them too.
Speaker 4: Within an example, she doesn't seem very.
Speaker 1: Nice because she thinks that they're talking back to it.
Speaker 4: Possibly. Yeah, sometimes there's no birds, but she's still talking to him.
Speaker 2: Are you the crazy bird made? Jared?
Speaker 4: We got a real well.
Speaker 2: Jared Jared thirteen, twenty four ten. What's ago with you and your neighbors?
Speaker 12: Morning, guys. This one's about twenty years in the making. When I was a kid, when I was probably five six years old. You sta these McDonald's birthday parties.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the freezer, Yeah, she'd get a tooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is where we keep the nugget.
Speaker 12: Yeah. So what we what we did was I'd invited heap your kids from school and forgot the neighbor's kids that I was friends with. So that started the neighbors, the neighbors war from hell. In the end, we moved away, and the twenty twenty four update is I've just moved into a house and the neighbor that I forgot about is moving in across the road next month.
Speaker 3: Have you guys not spoken since he didn't get invited to the McDonald's.
Speaker 12: Party, we haven't spoken about twenty years.
Speaker 3: Do you think all will be forgiven now that you're adults? Maybe you could take him to McDonald's.
Speaker 1: You need a McDonald Jared, how are they?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm twenty seven now. Maybe I chase you take him in cheeky ten packs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, No. For your thirtieth you need to hit McDonald's. Yeah, An, you got three years to lay the ground.
Speaker 4: I don't think they let you into the freezer anymore. I think that finished during coach.
Speaker 1: Into the playground.
Speaker 2: You can't get into the cockpit on a plane. You can't get into the freezer of McDonald's.
Speaker 4: You don't have access Anywhay.
Speaker 1: A bunch of third year old in the playground, is it?
Speaker 2: That's a good point too.
Speaker 9: You're only a what if away from a fun filled Queensland getaway book. A combinations slides, activities and more on the what If that what if It's uzzy for Tralie trouper day when you're perfect holiday already.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we said Barossa Valley, South Australia would be a cracking spot to go. Don't mind if I do well thanks to what If it is Aussie for travel. Let's upload the trip.
Speaker 4: Let's give it away to Chanelle. Good morning, Oh my god, good morning to make a sound of a little holiday and a few wineries in the Barossa Valley.
Speaker 8: Oh it sounds amazing. And my best friend from kindergarten lives there. I'll be so excited to see her.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, girls, trip, well it is all your Chanell. Congratulations, Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 8: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Day in the middle of the year, like we were all just saying we are gassed, like we've hit nearly July.
Speaker 4: We're all like it is time.
Speaker 2: Marchine, Chanelle, he and a girlfriend, cheese platter. I love a bit of cheese, little bitch and whinge about apart.
Speaker 1: Queens.
Speaker 4: Wine over a one.
Speaker 2: Let's host one of those events.
Speaker 4: Wine over a wine.
Speaker 2: Hey, are you ready for today's trip?
Speaker 4: This is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You have the chance to win the Ultimate Family weekend away with a trip for four to Brisbane to check out the Louis World.
Speaker 4: Yeah case.
Speaker 3: It's a one of a kind guided immersive experience that takes you into the Healer family's iconic Queensland as home, backyard and beyond, all in real life.
Speaker 2: Plus heaps of family fun. Fund awaits tickets, flight, its accommodation, all included at the Oaks Brisbane Aurora sweets that's included. It is all thanks to our friends at what If. And this is the artist's been there. I have been there for a week today. It's very good.
Speaker 1: Bordering Eat Street which is a beautiful sort of set up with all the food.
Speaker 2: Caravans, so it's like a little bluey theme park.
Speaker 1: It's a little theme park for kids.
Speaker 2: Blue His House and this is your winning artist.
Speaker 4: God Well, Tite and Bleui a co lab. I didn't see coming mate.
Speaker 2: This at the concert at the MCG went off.
Speaker 4: Isn't the duk now doing it?
Speaker 2: Isn't she? We must go When you hear Taylor this went off as well in the Love Story was a quiet banger at the old Eras Tour. When you hear played across the day here at Nova. Give us a ring and you go on the running four Nova's trip day.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about something un Australian. I want to do something ahead of my move and I want to get your opinion on it, on whether it's something I have to do or not. We'll go then next Hey, we're about to catch up with technically your enemy Clint Matt Shevington from the front of me sunrise. We know you love him. I'll tell you what. God, he was quick back in the day when he was running, wasn't he?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yes, do you reckon? He could still run like that? Now? How long ago is that?
Speaker 2: Four hundred years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as well as he'd still looked the same in his twenty.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and in shorts and twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah about that, let's say that.
Speaker 2: God, he made some headlines for his running. Yeah. Hey, we're going to get to chev Yeah in just a sec. Quick question. I need your opinion on something. So currently moving house, we move next weekend, done to skip skip in runs, moving through stuff. We're updating the fridge and there's a barbecue already at the house. Yes, right, So yesterday built in. So yesterday we do an off air podcast which can get a little blue. Feel free to download it from.
Speaker 4: It's your favorite thing in the world just.
Speaker 2: Then Ova player app or where you get your pods. Yesterday I was offering the barbecue to one of the teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, does anyone want it? And then you said you have to pay for it?
Speaker 2: No, I was joking.
Speaker 4: We started hanging it on as long as they.
Speaker 2: Come around and take it. I just don't need any extra work right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come pick it up and it pick it update, is it in?
Speaker 2: And it's all yours? Well, this is what I'm getting too. We're updating our fridge as well, and Lee was like, can we just put the whole fridge on curbside collection And I'm like, no, it's.
Speaker 4: A fridge about fridges.
Speaker 2: You have to the doors because the kids.
Speaker 4: Climbing people can climb in and get stuck.
Speaker 2: But Lou was like, we should offer it to the neighbors.
Speaker 4: Right doesn't have a fridge.
Speaker 2: It's still running like it's don't have a fridge. Yeah, they might do, they might want to update. It's got a nice to spenser.
Speaker 4: Is their fridge old?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I assume Why would.
Speaker 4: You assume they have an old fridge. I'm just offering a strange assumption to make someone hell long they've been living in that house, just throw it out? Would why would someone who probably why would you assume that they have older fridge? Then my neighbor.
Speaker 3: Came over and knocked on the door and said, excuse me, would you like our fridge? Like, well, nodge, I've been living outsky for the last ten years. Thank god you're here, Jays. My mate's been getting warm for ten years.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I needed.
Speaker 4: Waiting for you to leave so we could get your fridge. Are they they need some? Are they? Are they struggling?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I just then I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, before I get rid of the fridge.
Speaker 1: To the neighbor, do they need a couch?
Speaker 4: Offer it to someone who's moving out of home for the first time? Sure of family?
Speaker 1: Strange in the suburbs.
Speaker 4: Did they have a family who lives in that house?
Speaker 2: Three kids? Mom? Dad? Have you ever been yeah, I mean goes through their fridge?
Speaker 4: No, but did you look at the fridge?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I don't really remember looking at the fridge. I just I'm trying to be nice.
Speaker 3: No, that's like you guys are poor. Do you want my old things because it's better than yours?
Speaker 1: And also I'm I'm getting a better fridge, but you can have my Pavo fridge, so.
Speaker 2: You could come across offensive.
Speaker 3: I think it's yes, you say to someone whose kids are maybe moving out home, Oh, if they'd like our fridge or any of those.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to ask the next question to set up God, I'm glad you asked what are.
Speaker 1: You trying to get rid of? Now?
Speaker 2: My question was actually do I need to clean it first?
Speaker 4: Do you guys want my dirty old frida?
Speaker 2: You want my duty old I'm just like, I'm just me. I'm just saying I don't need the extra work right now, like I don't need to.
Speaker 4: They're not. They don't want your dirty old fridge.
Speaker 2: They don't know that they might.
Speaker 1: They don't want a fridge full stuff.
Speaker 4: They've got a fridge.
Speaker 2: I think I think our one hundred show is almost coming up soon here at Novo party absolutely any excuse. They're celebrating over at Channel seven on Sunrise as well. Because Chervo is about to clock up one year since taking over Koshi. That makes him a venturance snow from the set of Sunrise. Good Morning, Birthday.
Speaker 1: Keep the noise down, guys. I know it's a massive celebration. It's only twelve months, another twenty to go.
Speaker 15: It's all good, so I hope good to see you a person around celebrating. No, there's no one here, and that just goes to show, doesn't it that you can be in television for twelve months and no one really cares.
Speaker 1: It's it's a milestone, It certainly is.
Speaker 15: It's gone very quickly with Jammed a lot in But you know, if I filled the shoes of Koshi and I've got another twenty years to go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Chevy, what time do you get up? Because I roll in here about ten minutes before the show. You guys have a lot more prep to do than we do. What time does your alarm go off?
Speaker 15: It goes off pretty early, actually, so I get up at about two twenty.
Speaker 1: I was doing it.
Speaker 15: I was doing a bit of an exercise regime until I got really cold and dark, and I was like, buger that I'm not doing it anymore. But like, i feel like I've been in sport for so long, and then I've got to get my head around politics and finance and entertainment and all that. So I need to read a lot, so I get up early, I stay in bed, I read for about an hour, have a shower, and now go into work.
Speaker 1: I'm in work maybe just before four. So yeah, it's really good that I need it.
Speaker 3: I slept in this week and missed the first half an hour of our show.
Speaker 4: Has it happened to you yet?
Speaker 15: Oh so no, not officially since taking over. However, I was filling in for Barettes once and I set my alarm to PM instead of MAYM and I woke up at five fifteen AM, like just naturally, so I got there at five thirty six. I don't live too far away. I got into makeup, got into the studio. I read the first sports news break at five point seven.
Speaker 4: After that, and tell the truth.
Speaker 15: I never missed one, but I did get there late.
Speaker 4: How fast did you speed to get there?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: You ran?
Speaker 4: I didn't get caught put it though it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Big night coming up soon. In the world of television, that is the Logi Awards. You're obviously a lot more professional than our man Clint accomplished because last year we sent Clint to the logis and he was broadcasting the foyer and you guys are actually broadcasting from the foyer as well. We had to take Clint off news after the six o'clock years.
Speaker 4: He got taken off their.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he forgot the word allegedly when covering a lot of prime stories. And then he spent the rest of the three hours chasing you.
Speaker 3: We never asked him to be. He was just desperate to get your attention.
Speaker 1: We actually did.
Speaker 15: We did we cross bars at the pool deck ye, at the end of the end of our show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: What my My theory with that is is that with all the celebrities around having a massive night, they're all sleeping, so there was no one else to chase.
Speaker 4: No one finds some big celebts and he goes, oh, are the biggest celeb of them all?
Speaker 2: He just kept And then the best bit was when you guys did cross bards at the pool deck. It was almost like he was a nuffy Sunrise fan. You were like, yeah, good to see you mate.
Speaker 1: It was very transactional, wasn't it. No, I'm not giving you a selfie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what. I want to give you credit Earlier this year, for April Fool's Day. It was one of the good ones you pulled off, he told the rest of the Sunrise. He told the rest of the Sunrise panel he was going to be taking a few months off to return to athletics, and he was going to be trying to get into Paris for we run.
Speaker 4: It in news on our show. I bet we did?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 2: They call for it hook line and thinker. Do you know?
Speaker 15: So I set it up like this, so I said, they've asked me to come back into It's kind of like a journeyman in footy, right. They asked me to come back into the real a team. But they didn't necessarily need me to run my fastest, but just needed an old head there to build on culture and experience, and they bought it.
Speaker 1: It was perfectly. It worked really well.
Speaker 4: They actually asked you to run in the relay team at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, it's all about the cell though, right.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I've just broken out in the sweat.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you ran the hundred? And what did your clock? Oh god?
Speaker 1: I oh god?
Speaker 15: It was probably about what are we talking? Probably man, almost ten years ago, I reckon I did. It was actually for a men's health kind of like a getting back into shape.
Speaker 4: Transformation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ran, I ran.
Speaker 15: I think it was about hand timed on grass in my trainers. I ran about eleven seconds, So I reckon, I could dip under eleven And what about now.
Speaker 4: How long do you reckon? It'd take here to trop down one hundred meters.
Speaker 2: It'd be eleven minutes.
Speaker 1: I reckon, I could.
Speaker 15: I reckon, I could still do an eleven point something. Really, and I reckon, Give me six months and I'd be getting in the tens again.
Speaker 4: Really, wow, company, you can get back to the Olympics. What are you doing playing pranks on it? Saying that I reckon you'd pin a.
Speaker 15: I know this is radio, but I know this is radio, but if you're actually watching the zoom, you can see me shaking my head.
Speaker 4: No, we're gonna don't worry. That'll be a headline. Sure if I reckons, he's getting back to his best.
Speaker 2: Sure, I congrat some clocking up a year officially, Mat, I know you've been part of the sun Ris family for a lot longer than that, but you're killing it at the gig mate.
Speaker 1: Well done, Thanks guys, you too, Thanks for having me on Yes.
Speaker 3: Today we're talking to one of your favorite characters from your favorite reality show, Captain Sandy from Below Deck.
Speaker 2: She's not my favorite. I love the show. Did you like again, Captain Lee? I'm an OG fan, But he's he's packed it in, so he's gone. He's left the show to come to his clothing.
Speaker 1: Did she replace him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can see why, yeah, Captain Lee.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, we were asking her if on any of those massive super yachts, which can cost like a million dollars a week to charter, if she'd ever had a couple on there who had broken up on the charter and they had to put whoever was dumped.
Speaker 4: Back on the silly little tender back to that dry land.
Speaker 16: I was going to marry these people, and I remember watching the episode and they were breaking up that night and then the next day I married them. So yes, they I think they broke up, but they made up the next morning.
Speaker 1: You know it's Sandy celebrate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she's so what do you mean they can just captains carry.
Speaker 4: We are on internet. You need not actually probably getting married properly anyway.
Speaker 2: Probably the casuals down a go boat could do it too.
Speaker 4: You're not actually get married.
Speaker 3: You have to be in it, like a country to sign the form international waters.
Speaker 2: I don't, guys, I'm pretty sure ship captains.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: You'd have to do the call you can you Google.
Speaker 1: Only have a certain Only certain people can sign a marriage certificate like ship captains.
Speaker 4: No, do you think they're like a justice of the peace or pharmacist, a police officer or a ship captain if you know what?
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we thought that that was.
Speaker 2: The executive producer Brady the thumb.
Speaker 7: Even though it is believed to be a regular event, a ship captain generally don't have doesn't have the legal rights for the wedding at sea.
Speaker 2: Beyond Wikipedia or like a proper website Wikipedia.
Speaker 7: This is cruisecritic dot.
Speaker 2: Com, Critics dot com.
Speaker 1: That's another segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Captain Sandy talking about people breaking up on a super yacht got us talking about our favorite topic, x's. It is time for today's installment of the X facts. Were your name and Shane you're except Remember I was telling you guys a while ago about my girlfriend who was a hosty flight attendant. Yeah, business class on Quantas and the plane was fully boarded. Before take off, one of the passengers came up. They were sitting I think in one A and one B, a couple, and she came over to her the host year was an international flight and said, just so you know, I just need to give you the heads up things might be a bit rocky in one A and one B. I recently found out my husband was having an affair with his secretary. He's not good at confrontation, he's not good at conversations. So I thought, I'm gonna wait until we're on this ten hour flight to bring it up, because he's got nowhere to go and we're going to have to talk through it.
Speaker 2: I would open that emergency and happily get sucked right out.
Speaker 3: So all the host is knew and they took off and she bought it to do it, and they could tell the conversation was happening, and the host has just kept going past and dropping the wife like champagne and chocolates.
Speaker 1: Just as wheels leave the ground, just after you finish your hot tower.
Speaker 2: No, when they go seatbelt SI is now off. You are free to move around the cabin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's her endo.
Speaker 4: They wron up on the plane.
Speaker 3: But they got stuck there for eight hours talking about it, and my your friend, who was hostly, said he just stared out the window for ninety eight percent of that fu.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I reckon there would be a lot of couples that break up on holidays, because holidays sometimes are the first test pattern of whether you can live together.
Speaker 4: See I don't get holiday imst agree.
Speaker 3: I think holidays are like holiday romance, and then you come home and you get back into real life and you're like, oh, no, you're not that guy you were on holidays.
Speaker 4: We're not carefree, we are not No.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, it's always the second week of the holiday. First week you're doing the white water rafting, you live in, you haven't cocktails. It's the second week you start getting into a retain I.
Speaker 3: Had a friend that took a girl on a overseas holiday and they broke up over there. He'd paid for the whole thing. They'd only been together, I think for like three or four months, and they were doing like around the world business class trip in these beautiful hotels. They had a huge barney and they broke up on the trip. And even though it was all paid for, she said, well, because it was all paid for. Probably she said to him, well, I'm just gonna I'll just stay on the holiday with you. We'll just and then we just we'll go our separate ways and we get back back to Australia. But they were doing separate things during the day, but they were just sharing the same rooms. He was he paid for it. He was sleeping on the couch. She got the master because he was trying to be a gentle.
Speaker 2: Imagine how competitive that would be that you'd becoming home going. I had the best day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think he look at my photos. I think he was.
Speaker 3: Hoping they'd work it out. Yeah, anyway, he went up tonn on night. She went up to dinn one night. He came home on the couch and she bought someone.
Speaker 4: In the room that he'd paid for.
Speaker 1: And he's one the care in the separate room.
Speaker 4: But he saw this guy.
Speaker 2: Walked through just like, get another room.
Speaker 4: Well I assume, so I think he got up and left.
Speaker 2: Get another room. You can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: You can't do that on his coin. He still thought they were going to work.
Speaker 1: Now you've got to go to the formula.
Speaker 4: This person, you don't Jason.
Speaker 2: Lou and I had a massive blow up when we're in Fiji recently.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to go for walks around the hotel. I just did laps around the hotel to cool down.
Speaker 4: We had another friend, Oh my god, it is on holidays.
Speaker 3: We had another couple who had a huge bunny in a nightclub and he left and she stayed out with us in a bar. We're in l A and we went back to the hotel to go to bed and he was standing in the reception with his suitcase trying to get them to book him another room. Yeah, she didn't see him and she just walked straight past went upstairs, and I was like, do we go and say something to him?
Speaker 4: What do we do do? I was like, I'm going to bed, Paul, you deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 4: So he went up and then she called me crying, going he's not here, He's taken all his stuff. Do you know where he's gone?
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, seen him in weeks?
Speaker 4: And I was like, Paul, is a you problem nor me problem?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten Holiday breakups. Did your relationship end on a holiday? How confident are you? I? Reckon? We're going to get a few of these.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon you can.
Speaker 2: Remain completely anonymous. I want to know where the holiday was. Big poor jumping pillow can understand mal dives. There you work through it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't care what you've done. I'd stay with you to get that. Mouldia's holiday break up with you.
Speaker 2: After thirteen twenty four to ten? Have you broken up on a holiday? In return? I got two hundred and fifty dollars Bailey Nelson Boucher's up for grabs. They're shaken up the way you get glasses with friendly optometrists and Australian design frames at fair prices. This week's X Files we are focusing on holiday by breakups. We are opening the X Files for a week our favorite subject and this week we're focusing on have you had a bust up with an X on holiday?
Speaker 3: Break up on tour Brianna in Newport? Did you break up with someone on a holiday?
Speaker 8: I did it shortly after.
Speaker 1: Smart holiday Smart.
Speaker 4: I often used to bite my tongue before a holiday.
Speaker 2: Where did you go on holiday and was the breakup as a result of the travel?
Speaker 8: No, we booked it probably earlier in the year and We're going to America and Canada for about six weeks, sort of mid year and at the start of the other Oh, don't if I want to see this guy anymore. This big trip booked.
Speaker 1: So I sucked it up.
Speaker 8: Went on the trip, waited a reasonable amount of time afterwards.
Speaker 4: Did he pay for it?
Speaker 8: A bit of a bit of bees? Like a bit half each? So I didn't want to lose all my money.
Speaker 2: You know what they need? Travel insurance should cover breakups?
Speaker 4: No way?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Stamping exactly exactly?
Speaker 1: Did you lose your suitcase? Did you lose your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say so. You were at two nights in the narrow resort. You had a blomp on the first night and need the second room. Okay, we'll pay for that.
Speaker 1: In your pocket.
Speaker 3: How many people reckon hotels and gone, you know what, I'm just going to get my own room.
Speaker 4: It would happen, the front desk would see it.
Speaker 2: Ye oh yeah. They probably got a little bedding system going as you check in. These two aren't going to make it.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Julie. Where did your holiday breakup happen?
Speaker 10: We were in England. It was the end of our three months euro Vendor the summer. Yes, we had three weeks left to go, and he told me he had cheated on me.
Speaker 1: Why why'd you do that with three weeks still to go?
Speaker 2: I mean, tell you and cheap, but why would you tell you?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I kind of like to him instead, Oh, there's a book feature where we can see deleted messages, and he showed himself and told me. So he wasn't going to tell me or sigh, like, So.
Speaker 4: Did he cheat on you while you're on the holiday or before you left me?
Speaker 10: No, he cheated on me a year beforehand, and then while we were on the holiday.
Speaker 4: You thought you'd bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 10: Suspicious because he was acting like funny, always around, like his phone.
Speaker 4: Feature did give away give way?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that you tricked him into the confession. And what happened? Did you stay traveling together for the next three weeks? Yeah?
Speaker 10: We had three weeks together and it was the relative part, so we.
Speaker 2: Had your relatives or his both.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, you were all there, and did you.
Speaker 2: Tell the relatives?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: So we actually kind of like, I wish we had break up travel insurance because we kind of just had to write it out for the three weeks. They couldn't afford to just hop on another plane to go home.
Speaker 3: He needed the family to pay for Did you sit next to each other on the flight home?
Speaker 12: Yes, we did.
Speaker 4: That's a flight from the that's.
Speaker 2: A rookie move seat selection.
Speaker 4: Come on, I've been flirting with everyone on the plane.
Speaker 2: You know, when Quantus puts on those emergency flights to get Ossie's home.
Speaker 1: The repatriation, they need to do that their appatriation flight.
Speaker 2: Yeahulie again, we're sending us seven three seven ideas from you. I still call you Australia Home. You get the idea.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's take one more. Alita, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Go for Lauren.
Speaker 17: How are you?
Speaker 4: Did you break up during what was supposed to be holiday romance?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 13: It was the second honeymoon. We've been married for twenty years. We were in Bruges in Belgium, and we had a fight about which restaurant would go to your breakfast for breakfast and I said I'm not I'm not going to that one, and he's like, well I am, and I'm like, fine.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 13: And then I said, well I need my passport and he said his passport and then I hit him on the head with a tiny little brochure book and hit and then he left.
Speaker 1: He's never seen again.
Speaker 4: Years.
Speaker 2: Was one of those little brochures you get in reception where their advertising.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Alida, you were married for twenty.
Speaker 13: He's been playing it all along. He's been playing it along. He's been cheating beforehand.
Speaker 3: I was just waiting for you to do something that he could blame. This is a lot of men do this.
Speaker 4: They way up.
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair, Hang on, what was wrong with the restaurant?
Speaker 13: I just didn't like it.
Speaker 18: Clearly he didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Married Alida how long ago?
Speaker 1: About ten years ago?
Speaker 4: And he's better off without him.
Speaker 13: Oh he's not a nice was it?
Speaker 2: Was it a good hit when you got him with the brake?
Speaker 13: Apparently I faulted him, but clearly I don't know.
Speaker 1: Silly little bro travel insurance assaulted with the movie.
Speaker 13: Well you found love since Aleada, I am happily married and I've got a beautiful man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is the light captain. They've updated him. He's not as solid as it used to be.
Speaker 4: Does he like Belgian waffles?
Speaker 2: Big? Good morning to twelve year old Harry in Albert.
Speaker 4: Park that morning, Harry, Hi, Hello, Harry, Hey Harry, are you off to school today? All right?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well let's not hold you up. Then? What times school start?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 8: About fifteen minutes?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was just going to ask you like sailing? Do you sail in Albert Park Lake?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Harry? Oh?
Speaker 14: I sail at Standingham?
Speaker 1: So what does if you're twelve grade or year are you in?
Speaker 18: I'm your seven?
Speaker 3: All right, Harry, let's try and win you some cash on this freezing cold Thursday morning.
Speaker 4: What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Do you want an easy question for fifty dollars, a medium question for five hundred, or a difficult question for five thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: What are we going? Has?
Speaker 11: I'll go for the five hundred dollars question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I love the confidence.
Speaker 3: Okay, Harry, I'm going to ask you a question. You're going to hear a three two one countdown and a buzzer. You need to answer before the buzzer goes off, and if your.
Speaker 4: Answer is correct, you get five hundred bucks. Let's do it now, Harry.
Speaker 2: Between you and I. If you don't know, yes, all right, yep, here we go. This is your five hundred dollars question?
Speaker 4: What is the most populated city in Australia?
Speaker 2: Three two one it's Sydney.
Speaker 4: Just lo, we're getting meeting us at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're set to take over Sydney in a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Should we give give you a fifty dollars question? Harry?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'll take a cheek fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's a pineapple, isn't it? Yeah? What's a hunt? I haven't seen one for a greenback? Oh that's why I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gorilla? Gorilla?
Speaker 2: Is it gorilla?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's a gorilla.
Speaker 4: Hey, Harry, do you know anything about the Wiggles?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, cool, I'll stick with this question Harry for fifty bucks? What color wiggle was Greg? Three two? What about Jeff Purple? I don't know.
Speaker 14: I'm watching a while.
Speaker 4: Greg was the yellow Greg?
Speaker 11: But that was a yellow wiggle?
Speaker 4: There was a yellow There was a yellow yellow? Greg was the original one?
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, no, I'll tell you what. Hang on, I'll give you a family past to gun buy a world? How about that?
Speaker 4: Awesome?
Speaker 11: Thank you so much?
Speaker 2: No way, you all love it. Come get a your wildlife a gun buy a world theme park. Whether it's slides, thrill rides or wildlife, they all glide. It's a cracker there. I've taken the kids before. It's all, isn't it Yep? Chucked them in the snake enclosure and I went on the slot.
Speaker 4: The snake's there.
Speaker 2: What do you mean They've got a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a butterfly enclosure, but for snakes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was supposed to leave them now. I was like, Dad's just going to go on the records. I'll be back soon. Minds, we've got to ge pick him up. She just got on thirteen past day. A big day on the sporting calendar.
Speaker 1: Coming up this weekend it's the Pink Lady Match, and this year it's a it's a little closer to home. You could say, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to go there on the other side of there. Good morning Melbourne. A rug up. She is a chilly one seven. At the moment you are listening to Nov. One hundred, very important match on the footy calendary're coming up this weekend, Hey, Clint.
Speaker 1: Saturday Night at the MCG. It's always a special night because it is the Pink Lady Match. It's a time when footy rivalries a shove to one side. All be it very briefly. It supports the work of the Breast Cancer Network Australia, and this year it strikes I think you could say, for me a little closer to home. Forty one year old Nicole Riddle is battling breast cancer. She's a school teacher, she's a beautiful mother of two, and she's also my best friend, and she joins us this morning. Good morning, Nicole, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, first up, Nicole, you would have some dirt on our clean channel way. Oh look, I.
Speaker 17: Was hoping we weren't going to go there because I don't want to embarrass him. There's actually that much after forty one years that I could shock a real in his career.
Speaker 3: Actually, you guys have known each other since you were this baby meet.
Speaker 1: Our moms were in a mother's group together basically, and so it's so cool. Every every birthday, every sort of momentous occasion in our lives have been together.
Speaker 4: I love that awesome. It's like those unofficial cousins that you go up with.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nicole, how are you doing. I mentioned in the intro that you know you found a lump not so long back, you had the operation and yet you're now undergoing treatment. You look beautiful. How are you fairing right now? Look? Actually I'm going really well.
Speaker 17: I feel really positive and you know it's been it's been a year, but I think overall, I'm feeling really good. I've got a bit of balance back now. So yeah, feeling positive.
Speaker 3: Hate Nicole. Breast cancer. We know it doesn't discriminate. Over twenty thousand Australians are diagnosed with this awful disease every year, and that includes men as well. How did you discover that you had breast cancer?
Speaker 17: I just found a small lump just before Christmas. I'd always been pretty vigilant with myself checks, knowing that cancer doesn't discriminate, and just some really positive things on social media that I sought to remind myself and I did something about it straight away. I found the lump and I called my doctor within the hour, So yeah, we went from there.
Speaker 2: Basically, do you remember the moment you got diagnosed? It just I can imagine it just brings your life to a screechinghold.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Absolutely. I was home on my own and my GP called, who is just a beautiful man, and yeah, it times stood still, It really did, because I just never expected it. I remember just trying to catch my breath. It was almost like I nearly entered a panic attack, and I just had to stop and breathe, and I messaged my husband and I said, get home now.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask, how hard is it to have that conversation with your partner and you've got to young daughters.
Speaker 17: Yes, yeah, look at his heart. But at the same time, because you're going through the process of having tests, your mind starts to go that there could be something wrong, I guess so, but we just sat there and we just knew that everything was going to be okay as well, which you know, you're doing a lot of self talk in that process. And then telling our little girls was hard. But again, we've tried to remain really positive. I think there's so much fear around cancer. People here that you've got cancer and straight away they think you're going to die, and that is not the case thanks to places like BCNA who are continually advocating for more research. So I think that's what we've tried to do all the way through, not think about cancer as death. Think about cancer is something that is part of my journey and something that we will beat and now it's just time to spread awareness on you.
Speaker 1: That's the fact that you've got your daughters, your beautiful daughters around you always has that empowered you as you fight what is a beast of a disease?
Speaker 17: Oh absolutely absolutely, Like you know, when you're young, you've got so much to live for, but when you've got these little people following you around and you know, it gives you even more drive to be positive and you know, change their perspective on things and you know it's all about resilience and for them to actually see that these things happen and you can be okay. That's what motivates me. And my girls are just hilarious. They're so different, so they bring different things like may see my little one and she loves me being bald and rubs my head all the time, and pipe is a little more emotional. But you know, we work through it together and we talk it all through. So they're strong little girls and they're going to be even stronger for this. So it's one of those things. Life throws us all sorts of things and we have to choose how we're going to respond.
Speaker 2: To that, well, I think you're nailing it with your positive attitude. Honestly, it's amazing, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: You know. They say it takes a village to get through things like this.
Speaker 3: It certainly does, and it's terrific to hear that you've got this amazing family support behind you. But organizations like the AFL and the Melbourne Demons have these extraordinary platforms where they can help us who often feel really helpless in these situations.
Speaker 4: Make a difference.
Speaker 3: So tell us what's happening at the Pink Lady match this weekend because it is a really special game.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it is, and I think being the twentieth year at Melbourne Football Club have been involved, I think it's really significant because it just shows breast cancer has been here for a long time and it is not going anywhere. We need to continue to get behind events like this and you can support by buying an online ticket as well, or you can come along to the game. There's bays that are allocated Pink Lady bays for people to come and you know, show their support whether they've been affected by someone a friend, a family member, and one in seven women and men being diagnosed I know that so many people have been affected and again always you know, donating as well.
Speaker 2: At the game, people got down on the field.
Speaker 1: It's every y yes, yeah, yeah, it's quite striking. And there's always somebody in their thoughts. Yeah, it's someone who's battling right now, someone that has unfortunately lost their cancer journey. So it's quite a strike.
Speaker 2: A movie put the topic in front of mine and in people's face. It's the one thing I commend the AFL for doing events like this. Yeah, they really know how to do it. You can log onto Pink ladymatch dot com dot au for tickets, beanies and donations.
Speaker 1: So what was it like growing up with me?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Give us some dirt now we've done this series.
Speaker 2: Do you ever hit on you, Nicole?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 17: No, Like Blas said, it's kind of like a bit of a family relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had many.
Speaker 17: Great times together, you know, growing up young, and our parents have remained really good friends, which has meant over the years our friendship has changed. I think you know, he might have heard before Clinton might have shared when he's been purring behind that microphone that we used to indulge in some Whiskers cat food that.
Speaker 4: He was doing it.
Speaker 17: Did he ever do that conversation I'm the cat fooed lady.
Speaker 2: Did he ever have that conversation you have with a friend of your team's, like, Hey, if we don't find people by the time we're forwarding, should we just get married?
Speaker 4: Married?
Speaker 17: I think mum Tony might have liked that. I think she had.
Speaker 1: She's too good for me, still here alone in the corner.
Speaker 3: Was he a wrap back because we always we call him the teacher's pet around here?
Speaker 4: Was he like that growing up too?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 17: Look, I want to say he was, but he wasn't. He's such a beautiful man. And the fact, you know, I look and think I could bring up some dirt, but I'm not going to do too much. Giving a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Just don't mention the trip.
Speaker 4: To what happened happened in Thailand.
Speaker 1: We were both we're both at the peak of our powers.
Speaker 17: Wait, wait, wait moments.
Speaker 4: What does it mean, Nicole that you were at your peak of your powers together in Thailand?
Speaker 17: Sorry, say that again.
Speaker 3: What does it mean that he was at the peak of his powers in Thailand?
Speaker 4: Give us something?
Speaker 17: Ah, Look, let's just say what happens at the full moon party? No matter where you are.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: I love God.
Speaker 2: I could imagine you with the paint on and the buckets trying to jump the flaming skipping rope.
Speaker 1: Hey, in all seriousness, I love you and thank you for being with us on our show and for shining a light on what is just an insidious disease and get out there and support the work of Lady Match. You're a beautiful mom and a beautiful friend and for that I thank you. Nicole Jelly or Riddle these days.
Speaker 17: Oh thanks, Clan, I love you too. You're a good man clinker.
Speaker 2: Awkward work, awkward f that's awkward if you want to get involved. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number. We like. We all live pretty awkward lives.
Speaker 1: We're awkward people.
Speaker 3: But the thing is about being awkward. It's when you're awkward when things shouldn't be awkward and you just.
Speaker 4: Think why what? I'm most so embarrassed by this? And sometimes it's on your own, like for a female.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is just trials and tribulations of being a chick, or if you guys have to do this, if you are even remotely stick with me here, wet like you've just got out of a shower, or you've been for a swim, and you try and put on tight pants like leggy and often like the other day, I was at the gym and then I have sauna, so I had a shower, and then I tried to put on my leggings, trying to put on like tight running pants or something.
Speaker 4: When you are in it all rolls and gets stuck and you hop on one leg.
Speaker 3: No one can see because generally you're not naked in front of anyone else. But for some reason, I'm embarrassed every time I do it, and I think I'm the only person that has to.
Speaker 2: I want to take you back to school. I had to go for a meeting at my kid's school the other day. Walking in to the office, I see the vice principal. Is it a first name? Is it a mister?
Speaker 4: With the kids are there, it's a mister, I think Dickinson.
Speaker 2: But then as an adult saying a mister to another.
Speaker 4: I think, if the kids aren't, what's his Christian name.
Speaker 2: Or her steal steal so solid name stealing stet steal steele superman. Then we went in for the meeting, parents sitting at the small table.
Speaker 4: And chairs adults.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's my knees.
Speaker 4: Aren't getting sitting at a school desk. You sit at a school.
Speaker 2: Because we're meeting with the teacher, so we're in like the classroom.
Speaker 4: No no, no, oh no.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it's amazing those desks when you go back to a school.
Speaker 2: And you think, oh, they're so tiny. I thought I was gonna have to get cut out.
Speaker 1: What about getting directions? Now, we all get lost from time to time. Now, the worst one is when you can't find something in a supermarket. Oh, this happened the other day. Approached someone who said to me, I don't know, I don't work here.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, that is awkward.
Speaker 2: You know what I get when you ask someone for directions and as they're running through them.
Speaker 1: I've lost message, I've lost.
Speaker 2: But I just sit there and I go, perfect, thank you.
Speaker 3: I just think trying to find something the supermarket and you think, God, I've already gone down this aisle, and you think everyone in the supermarket knows that it's the third time you've gone down the aisle. No one's noticed, but you think everyone's looking, and.
Speaker 1: You always end up in the tin can aisle trying to find.
Speaker 2: Every every time, every time. Do you ever feel judged when you're putting the items on the check Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't do the checkout.
Speaker 3: I don't care if I'm doing self checkout. I'm not going to the scanner. But I don't want to make small talk.
Speaker 4: Myself. I will be like, I don't even need.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a self check out.
Speaker 2: How's your day? Never been asked that fly Bys?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 4: Actually I would have already given it to you f fly Bys. No, I don't want to. I don't want to talk.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: It was Akard last night when I did check out Dudis. She asked me, you've actually got a ten dollar fly Bys bonus.
Speaker 2: I get that a country road. Would you like to use just spin and save?
Speaker 4: Actually have fly Bys? Have you ever flown anywhay?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 3: How many packets of microwave rice do you need to buy to get a flight.
Speaker 1: On fly Well, I've only just got my first ten dollar voucher and.
Speaker 2: He's been with fly by us for thirty years.
Speaker 3: You know what's awkward when you go to you can buy something in like a shop, right, you had a cotton on You're buying a t shirt and they go are you a member of the cotton On Pets And you go, oh, no, I'm not. And they go do you want to sign a no no, and they look at you like, oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get ten dollars off.
Speaker 4: Oh on your birthday. I might miss my birthday in January, another like six months. Oh, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to stand here and give you my details because as soon as I get the first email, so congratulations, you now remember, I'm gonna unsubscribe.
Speaker 1: What about when they say do you want to round it up for the nearest dollar to help save the dolphins?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Always, yes, always, of.
Speaker 1: Course you have to say it, yeah, Jay, I always say it. You have to say yes, it happen.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Well, when you book a flight and it says, do you want to do the extra fifty cents to go carbon offset? And I always say yes because I feel like someone's watching me. Really, you're I feel like the free the Whales people are going to come and kill me in my sleep if I don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, always carbon offset. I'm the one.
Speaker 2: As she books that jet to Europe, Ladies and.
Speaker 4: Nova's Red Room presents the one and Swim.
Speaker 8: And Teddy Swims.
Speaker 9: I've tried everything but Therapy Part one point five featuring Loose Control and the Door is out now to download and stream.
Speaker 13: Nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people hit me up for invites for this Red Room roy.
Speaker 3: I posted about it yesterday and my DMS went boom, How do I get tickets?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 4: How do I go? How do I get invites? Said?
Speaker 3: You gotta listen to the show or you have to download the Nova player up.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I replied, So just put a cheeky hundred in my account. Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: He's a money cut buy tickets, Jason, charge one thousands.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my bad money can buy them money? Your chance to score an exclude him, invite to I'm going to call Nova's biggest red room of the year, Teddy Swims. You want to be there, give us a call right now.
Speaker 1: Welcome going?
Speaker 4: Are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go?
Speaker 2: Are you going? I think we're hosting, so we sort of have to go.
Speaker 4: Jace just said to me, where's North Kit? Where's North Kit? The cool kids?
Speaker 2: A man, I know we're crossing. I don't. I don't cross to the north east side.
Speaker 4: To the north side is a journey.
Speaker 2: I'm no longer bayside. I'm Inland when I move south Side.
Speaker 4: Man of the people, are you what do you call your new suburb? What area?
Speaker 2: Bentley? What's that? It's south southeast? South south southeast.
Speaker 3: Is the southeast anyway? It ain't north side, that's for sure. The base Swims is playing in Nova Red Room. It is going to be awesome. It's on a Sunday rvoat how.
Speaker 2: Good that's dts. Let me tell you, uh third and twenty four to ten to wing your way to the Red Room here on Nova.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, are you watching?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a fun tonight. Good morning everyone, This is over one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here too. We're just talking about the Teddy Swims nover Red Roume.
Speaker 4: It is going to be the party of the year.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you what the call telling is? Three thousand, two hundred and sixty two three I'm calling now two thousand, sorry, three thousand, aged three hundred calls and it's still going bunter he popular.
Speaker 4: That can't be right. Do we have that many people listening to us?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just the one person ringing a lot.
Speaker 4: Well that's not true.
Speaker 2: Glorious that is Hey, bad news invites. We're all gone at the.
Speaker 4: Moment, coming to see Teddy Swims. They want to see us post it. That's what they're called.
Speaker 2: You sell yourself that, you tell yourself that, so look invites. All gone. We're going to have more throughout the day and tomorrow, so make sure you keep it on Nova for your chance to win your way there.
Speaker 1: Your slapstick comedy that can't wait to see the routine?
Speaker 4: How long do you think we should stay on stage four?
Speaker 2: Before the way I point out the toilets and the bar. You just got to be there to hear it. I really nail it. I mean, look, a flight attendant just up here to your left bathroom. That was my job last time.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Sorry. If you.
Speaker 3: Register on the Player out, you can also potentially.
Speaker 2: Register on the Nova player out. No more Teddy Swims invites right now, So thank you for your calls. I want to change pace. I want to get airborne. Guys on a recent flight in America Atlanta.
Speaker 4: America, Atlanta with a little more America America flying from.
Speaker 2: Atlanta to Denver. Sorry for a couple found themselves on board packed on a connecting flight, and on themselves seated behind a couple and their young daughter, who they think was probably between three and five years old. The child was standing up in their seat, turning around, get off the plane.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's three, Chill out.
Speaker 1: She's kicking the seat as well.
Speaker 4: Kicking the seat. That's not so.
Speaker 2: She turned around. She was like blowing raspberries and stuff.
Speaker 4: The kid was in front of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right out, but then continued to do it and didn't stop and started spitting. Oh no, on the passages behind.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: What were mum and dad doing?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know, but the couple told mom and dad, if you don't get your kid under control, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 4: Oh that's probably not the right use of the English.
Speaker 2: Find yourself on the no fly list.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you well, I don't know. Spitting is also a no fly list offense. I would have thoughtically assault. Really, I think during the pandemic, if you spat on people is considered sulf You can't spit on Rather someone slap me than spit on me.
Speaker 2: I don't want either.
Speaker 4: I don't want spill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want some live on there.
Speaker 2: Interesting topic though, where where people sit on other people disciplining their kids. So I've got a I sort of have a rule amongst our really close friends where it's like, you know, when I bring the boys in here, right, sometimes on school holidays, I'll bring him in to sit in for a show.
Speaker 4: You have to parent me in those situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're excluded from this conversation because you actually can't be near my kids because you're a bad influence.
Speaker 4: Let kids be kids.
Speaker 2: See, I would be more disappointed in you and Clint.
Speaker 1: If you didn't oh, I didn't say something.
Speaker 2: If you didn't call them on things like as a friend our close friendship group, I would expect you guys, yeah, to pull my kids out.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: If your kid came in here and dropped a big swear word and I wouldn't say tell him off in front of you.
Speaker 2: Well, then I would step in.
Speaker 3: But if I wasn't in the room, and if you didn't say anything, I'd be like, Okay, I guess that's cool. It's his kid and he thinks that that's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But if he.
Speaker 3: Did something when you weren't here that I knew he wasn't allowed to do it depends you would do it again. No, I would if he did, if he said something like mean or something that I knew you wouldn't be within your family value. So I'd say, mate, come on, Yeah, but I wouldn't like send him to his room or the naughty corn.
Speaker 1: No, I just let it fester. I'm just letting it wrong.
Speaker 2: Really, No, I expect no. See then I get angry at you.
Speaker 4: Come on, you've got two nephews, Leo.
Speaker 3: What if Leo was going bananas and like punching and kicking his brother or something, he just plays?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm not one who confrontation.
Speaker 3: He's one of about kids seven, he's not his fall.
Speaker 1: What are you scared of?
Speaker 4: The what if? What if? What if a kid hypathetic? We know that you are. What if you were in.
Speaker 3: The park and another kid came up and hit your nephew, would you say that's grab we'd go home.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't say, hey, he is not very nice, that's not very nice.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so soft. I'm so soft. I'm so soft. Don't like that's just me.
Speaker 4: You're pathetic, I am that's funny.
Speaker 2: You're a pathetic little mound.
Speaker 1: What would you do in that situation?
Speaker 4: That's not very nice?
Speaker 3: When I hit other Oh someone struck my knees, they are cooked straight.
Speaker 4: On the barbecue. Yep. So yeah, so you're never.
Speaker 2: Kid thirteen twenty four ten. I'd like to know where Melbourne sits on this one. Is it okay to parent other people's kids?
Speaker 4: Depends, I think is when you have a different parenting style.
Speaker 2: I think if the if their parents there, I'm like you, I wouldn't. I wouldn't say anything. If I was at the park and someone hit Archie and then mum or dad didn't see it, I would be like, oh, it's not hit you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then there's been times like where you're big because kids sometimes do funny things because they're trying to be silly and they're trying to show off, and like the kids might say something mean to you, and I'd be like, oh, don't talk to dad, like exactly, it's.
Speaker 2: The way you say, yeah, absolutely, yeah. Normally you'd laugh and be like tell them again. I agree thirteen twenty four to ten to join us on the air. Is it okay to parent other people's kids? Or come back? Hit the phones on the other side of this, we are talking about is it okay to discipline someone else's kid? I feel like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is your domain. You got three of them.
Speaker 2: I'm totally cool with it. If my kids are being little turds, I expect you to pull them up.
Speaker 3: But you're on your third. What about your first kid? Were you more protective over Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think if I think your first kid, you know, okay?
Speaker 1: What about a stranger? You know us, You're happy for us to do it?
Speaker 4: What about a stranger in the supermarket he goes and has.
Speaker 1: A tanty and starts throwing the frozen piece.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, we're on a plane once. You know, I like peace.
Speaker 3: I would to the freezer. He opens the freezer, he gets the piece out, and he opens the piece. Then he's got the piece of his hand.
Speaker 2: He's throw on what a waste? Big fan of belse.
Speaker 3: Could a strangers say, hey, that's not acceptable behavior in the super much?
Speaker 2: We're on a flight once?
Speaker 4: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: And well I'm giving you a situation like that. We're on a flight once it was a couple without a kid. It's it's not the plane. We're on a flight.
Speaker 4: Frozen cooked a.
Speaker 2: Couple sitting opposite us in the aisle. I think I think it was Felix. He was acting up and I was getting out the iPad and she made a sly comment.
Speaker 4: Like to you or the kid, to the kid saying what.
Speaker 2: Like, oh so you need that to be quiet or something like that.
Speaker 4: You know that's not parenting though, that's judging, that's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, with the iPad, what if she had have said, just chill out, dude. Your dad's trying to help you.
Speaker 4: He's you organized. Just calm down for a minute.
Speaker 2: If I haven't had an opportunity to discipline them.
Speaker 4: Myself, not really disciplining though, it's.
Speaker 2: Just anybody jumps in without giving me a chance to do it. Oh then stay out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, this is in the face of what you were just saying. It's very okay to discipline your child. Is if I'm not well, you can't have two sets of rules.
Speaker 4: And if you're not there, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not there, then I expect you to pull them up.
Speaker 4: What can you whip them over the knuckles?
Speaker 2: You're not how to do that anymore. The fund's gone out of it.
Speaker 4: No wooden spoons.
Speaker 2: None of that. I can't even bloody. Keep them in their room.
Speaker 1: Did you snap me up?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna hit me with?
Speaker 2: Now? I put one in their room the other day and I was holding the handle, and he screamed from the other side, I'll take you to the police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 4: Jesus, did you just baking a cake? Baking a cake? You don't hit your kids.
Speaker 2: No, But I tried to lock him in his room, and he screamed through the door. You keep him, keep me in here. I'll take you to the police. He looked at him, was.
Speaker 4: Like, he's right, Yeah, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: All this fun stuff in the loundingmore get I asked, how are you? I'm good. Wad you sit on people disciplining your kids?
Speaker 11: I completely agree. I write with the dad that used to discipline other people's kids all.
Speaker 4: The time, you tell them.
Speaker 11: I remember we were at of satellites one day. I would have been about nineteen twenty, the passenger seat, and there was a car next to us, and the kid was completely out of his seat and out the window, and I remember my dad's wound winding down his window. And get in your bloody seat before I make you come out and make.
Speaker 4: You get in there.
Speaker 6: I don't remember the mom.
Speaker 11: The mom looked at my dad at first and was in shock and then realized what was going on as she laughed and said thank you. And then I remember they pulled over and he must be on absolutely aqul good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's because that's you're looking after his safety. That's he would.
Speaker 2: Never have forgotten that, Linda. I'm thirteen twenty four to ten. Disciplining other people's kids. Where do you sit?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 18: Guys, I just want to say you're my new favorite people to listen to as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where did you come from?
Speaker 2: Where were you? I'm no, I meant what radio station? But that's all right.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I know, but yeah, I just loved you God, thank you.
Speaker 4: Love you giving us a chance.
Speaker 2: Thanks letting us take over your station? All right? Just putting disciplining other people's kids. What do you sit?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 18: I work in an office environment and I sometimes get people bring their children into the office. Yep, And they go into meetings and just let their kids run. Riot rules.
Speaker 4: If you bring your kids in, kids have to follow the office rules.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Drinks fridge on a Friday? Is that? What's I had to get that?
Speaker 13: Coloring books?
Speaker 18: And down do they make it?
Speaker 4: Do they treat you like the nanny kind of yeah? Do you mind that? Oh?
Speaker 18: I love kids, so yeah, no problem. But I just wish some people had come prepared and bring a few things with their kids.
Speaker 4: And you know what, But you know what, Linda, if you're left in charge, you're in charge. You can you can discipline. So you're like the school teacher. You can you can lay the lay the rules down.
Speaker 2: I like the Tonnda's voice. Children wonderful.
Speaker 4: Do you know what that sounds like? Live's a lot of a problem with the parents.
Speaker 3: Yes, the parents who are just dumping their kids on Paul, Linda, who's got our own job to do.
Speaker 2: But when I bring them in keep them out in the phone room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you dump them on there, those guys, But that's only because I want them in here.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed.
Speaker 4: I have too much fun together.
Speaker 2: Rebecca on thirteen twenty four ten. Disciplining other people's kids, what do you see?
Speaker 5: I think it's fine when, especially when the parents are not interested, So you give the parents the opportunity you're raising an issue, and then if the parents choose not to deal with that, then I have absolutely no qualms about speaking to the child directly and scaring the Bejesus out.
Speaker 2: Because you know what, that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: Do you have kids yourself, Rebecca? Just quickly I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got three. I need you add up children and a fifteen year old and.
Speaker 4: You'd be fine if someone else did that to your.
Speaker 5: Kids, absolutely, because I'm not. You know that You've got parents that just will never accept that their child does anything wrong.
Speaker 10: They have the perfect child on the earth.
Speaker 2: You know what else, Rebecca, your kids are same. There's more of a chance they're going to listen to Clint pull them in line than yeah.
Speaker 5: Well maybe not clean.
Speaker 2: Because he's a weak little man. Everyone knows your Troy Savon you got me started to right across Melbourne. This is number one hundred. So I just looked up at the TV and they're running a.
Speaker 4: Clip of the Rock Dwayne Johnson and his daughter. What the Rock is cooking? Is that him?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Is that a different wrestler?
Speaker 2: That's him?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Why do you look at me like I was wrong?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to elongated a bit more. Can you smooth what the Rock is cooking?
Speaker 2: You guys don't working up on triple What is going you guys.
Speaker 4: Don't have your finger on the rock Johnson. He's not just an actor, Jase, He's a w W.
Speaker 1: If that's my pulse, I'd rather be dead.
Speaker 4: Live a little, guys. W W A is awesome.
Speaker 2: You think you know some one?
Speaker 4: Honestly, we talk about it all the Undertaker.
Speaker 2: So what's he doing.
Speaker 1: He's getting a face from his daughter with glitter.
Speaker 2: Glitter is the one thing that is banned in my house.
Speaker 1: I think he might be on his way to Austraye. He's launching a tequila in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's tequila is quite successful, but you can't get it in Australia. Yeah, he loves it. It's his cheap meal.
Speaker 4: What's it called.
Speaker 1: He said it was good tequila.
Speaker 2: No, it's got a big following overseas.
Speaker 4: Followings lots of celebrities with tequila's. Kendall Jenner has eight eight eight.
Speaker 2: Jen Hawkins has got her. Yeah, George Clooney's got one, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: His tequila is called Tamana Temana.
Speaker 4: Jason's only discovered t killer in the last two weeks and he talks about it all the time. He said to me, good toquilla to get for the weekend. What are you going to go with? Let's get him something cheap, like a class.
Speaker 2: Apparently, the classy ones are the ones with the little plastic hat on the bottom, on.
Speaker 4: The the worm in the bottom.
Speaker 1: That we are.
Speaker 2: Getting out of here.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being.
Speaker 2: Email is in next. What's your weapon of choice? Mail in the bar?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought we're talking about w W E.
Speaker 15: W.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was more of a Shawn Michael's gown. Yeah, because he was.
Speaker 3: He used to come out to I'm just a sexy boy sex, I'm not your boy.
Speaker 4: To that was we all know w W E.
Speaker 1: Mail.
Speaker 4: It was the nineties, were watching me.
Speaker 2: Only from his reality show with his daughters?
Speaker 3: What was the What was the family that owned it? Was it the McMahon, the McMahons.
Speaker 4: There's controversy going on at the moment though, we vincent, so we don't talk about that. Mcmart and the daughter took over. Stephanie or whatever her name.
Speaker 2: Is going working up Twilight Well.
Speaker 4: I liked in the later dog Ziggler was a good one. And then who was the good looking one? Sean Michaels. No, No, the one that was in the army, the most famous one now in the Army. John Cena, he was delicious. Can you see me?
Speaker 2: Delicious?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: He's not a menu? Are all right?
Speaker 3: Fun fact John Cena became so hated he actually put out his own range of merch about for people that hated him, and he made all the money off being hated.
Speaker 4: Smart.
Speaker 2: I said someone was delicious. Run out of town.
Speaker 1: She's spanished.
Speaker 4: We finished.
Speaker 2: I believe we are.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Jason Law.
Speaker 4: Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 1: Lauren on Socials,