Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on No. One hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody, and happy for Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: That's snuck up, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know it's got Friday in the air about it.
Speaker 2: We're going to a soiree today, we are.
Speaker 1: We are going to this Sony Foundation you can charity lunch Youth cancer.
Speaker 3: So you know when you say it's got Friday in the air. Yeah, Does that mean we don't have to come in tomorrow?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, still have to come in because we're going on.
Speaker 1: The going on the bars, so we're not really coming in, No, we're not. That's why it feels like a Friday. Today's those shows are fun.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the bus, if you're not aware, we are taking the show on the roade, we're recreating the high school bus route that Clint and Lauren used to go on together.
Speaker 1: From Glenarus seven three four, but all the Glenn if it was Glen Waverley, the Glenaris, it's called the Glenaris.
Speaker 5: We just go both ways.
Speaker 2: More on that after seven, but gone.
Speaker 1: From Glenmay station. If anyone wants to jump on with it, yeah, you can give.
Speaker 2: Us a ring now. Thirteen twenty fourteen, actually if you want to jump on board the bus.
Speaker 1: Now, don't be fooled. This is no bougie party bush.
Speaker 2: It's a latch bus, Margarita walking public bus, right, but we have a private driver. Well I love that.
Speaker 1: You still trying to make it sound it's like the busty sea on the road every day dropping.
Speaker 2: We know what the bus is.
Speaker 1: It's not like a coach.
Speaker 3: What are they like these days?
Speaker 2: The buses?
Speaker 3: You know, it's really because back in the day when we used to get on, they used to have those vinyl seats that if it was sunny and hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah noo, yeah, no, I don't think.
Speaker 3: They've improved a bit bit now.
Speaker 2: I saw a banana bus the other day. I remember we're talking about this. You know, the buses with the extended bit in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the accordion bus.
Speaker 2: According buses to steam in the middles.
Speaker 1: Do they have them on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, someone on South Road?
Speaker 1: No yeah really yeah, and he's out of public bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Should you be standing in the accordion part? No on the bus?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Just around the corner.
Speaker 3: Does it fold it like?
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't fold in. It's got like a scrunch. It's got like a spinning wheel in there. It's like you're standing on a lazy suasan on a revolving dance.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty first century Frankston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very much like that. I see you go around around, around, around and round and around. Anyway, more on the bus. A little bit later on.
Speaker 1: In the show on weekend you saw one. I just saw.
Speaker 2: Its trapping bloody forty five minutes looking for that folloated around. Hey, coming up this morning. Oh, One Republic coming to Melbourne. We've got your tickets. We'll do that a little bit later on when you hear us play One Republic, give us a ring. Hey, big game tomorrow night at the g.
Speaker 3: It is, yes, the Eyes and the Hawks, the Battle of the Birds.
Speaker 2: He put your money on culling. Shouldn't they shouldn't they? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just the hawkers.
Speaker 2: They could be in a stripe. Yeah, I'm a bit the same, not in strife.
Speaker 5: But you know, you haven't seen Nick Watson for a couple.
Speaker 2: Of since exactly Nick doesn't come on. They don't really boy, large watsed you origin last night? Straighter?
Speaker 1: No, I was out to dinner, but you would have streaming into the No, no it was I was with all chicks last night, but I came home and there was a house party.
Speaker 2: Lads, lads, lads.
Speaker 1: Blood blodswoods rude. No, it's Queensland, Queensland.
Speaker 2: Are there? We go gous like I was at Suncorp just then. Wow, good morning Melbourne. It is four past six. This is over one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well. Speeding contributes to one in three fatal crashes on Victorian roads. Break the habit, lower speed and learn more at crime stoppers VIC dot com dot au. Thanks crime Stoppers coming up the next fifteen. We're going to be probing the Popo.
Speaker 1: I used to love watching crime those crime stoppers outside always be like do I know them? Do I know that person?
Speaker 2: I always want to crime Stoppers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to say it.
Speaker 5: I used to always think I knew the person on the ground.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I had a mate who was doing acting and he would get hired to do.
Speaker 1: Like the reactions.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's great man, Like you're on the TV doing the bank job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a guy on crime Stoppers once looked so much like your friend dan ANSTI Clinton probably was and I was like, that's I do. But even Heat wrote back ship.
Speaker 2: That look like I need to I need to get out of here. Yeah, see it say it's called my same mate?
Speaker 1: Oh is that the slogan? See it say it should have called.
Speaker 2: I mark it my same mate? Because he was in the whole, like you know, young acting world, trying to get jobs. I didn't know they could do this, but they basically like he had he headshots done, the photos and then they can sell them to advertising. Campaigns were out one night and his face was on a big STI Queensland campaign.
Speaker 5: No oh, then he signed up to some weird agency.
Speaker 1: That's not normal.
Speaker 2: I don't think it looks like you. And he's like that is me. Do you get the check? No check?
Speaker 3: And he's the face of the sd.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, there's something wrong there.
Speaker 2: Well queen's that mate? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 1: You can't just take someone's photo and put it on The s CI had not even give them a single dollar they did, so who made the money? Because someone paid for it. It was a transaction for that.
Speaker 2: I imagine there would be some sort of transaction. It's not his not his record to the poster. It was his transaction that got him.
Speaker 5: He didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: He's got a manager somewhere siphoning away all his cash, living in the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: Can I flag something? Have you seen or heard about Hugh Jackman and debor.
Speaker 2: Dead shots fired? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean by first drive by old.
Speaker 3: Probably statement basically effectively just ending things full stop style.
Speaker 5: Didn't it say?
Speaker 1: I really empathize with anyone who has been a victim of portrayal or something.
Speaker 3: And then might drop from deb But the mic drop was still to come. He was taking to socials. He's uploaded with some of his photos and sinks bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: And it's photos of Deb and him, bye bye bye.
Speaker 5: You don't know, let's say the photos.
Speaker 1: But still that's also drive by from you.
Speaker 5: They are throat shade.
Speaker 3: I love it so much, Bring it on.
Speaker 2: Did you just transform into the chick chick boom girl from a current affair? Back?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: But public shade throwing when you go through a break up, everyone's like, all get the popcorn out, We're.
Speaker 2: Ready, because it's really like.
Speaker 5: He did not post that your dirty do not mean?
Speaker 2: It's just photos of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it come on that pointed.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Well, also she as she what did she say? Did she say she's a victim of betrayal? Placehold again?
Speaker 2: You know she did victim of betrayal.
Speaker 1: Let's get it up.
Speaker 3: I'm sort of here for it. They were like our golden couple.
Speaker 2: Were they really were?
Speaker 3: You know? Nothing was ever, nothing was ever going to stand in the way they love?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What's their name?
Speaker 3: Something stood in the way.
Speaker 5: You know what. They're going to regret.
Speaker 3: A younger woman.
Speaker 5: They're going to regret putting.
Speaker 3: It all a young woman young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's with Sudden Foster. Sudden Foster. Oh, she's an actress. She's on that show I loved called Please Google, you must love it. I'm still trying to work out how to spell deb belief in it?
Speaker 2: Wait, was it to sell out tomorrow night at the g.
Speaker 5: You are asking the wrong person?
Speaker 2: If only game on for the game in Melbourne this weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, now, what's happening.
Speaker 3: There's a few buys five weeks of bys now.
Speaker 5: In the words, a few Jackman bye.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it all kicks off tonight. Of course, the bombers and the lines at the Gabba, the Gabatoi, and then tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I have a big weekend in the State of Origin. Last night the Gabatoi, tomorrow night tonight and then they've got some big rugby game.
Speaker 2: Of the Caxton Hotel in Brisbane. Who you've been there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, and I probably never will.
Speaker 3: So people have to walk past the Caxton to get to Sune.
Speaker 2: So the main street leading down to sunk Corp Stadium.
Speaker 5: Corp Stadium the same as the Gabba.
Speaker 2: No, it's square, yeah, and the gabbas a sorry from with.
Speaker 1: My Queensland what about your shapes. I'm good with shape.
Speaker 2: But they do shut down Caxton Street on big footy nights because the crowds just yeah right, and then they leave the stadium and go straight to the Caxton Hotel.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, like in a in a big game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then there's the Paddington Hotel that is the electric Ball. Is that the Paddo the Paddo with the electric ball?
Speaker 5: We should do a Brisbane show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys can go there and I'll go to the Carlisle Hotel pretty much.
Speaker 2: Do they have an electric bull at the Carlisle hotel.
Speaker 5: No, we've got great margaritas.
Speaker 3: Well, our friends at the Today Show are in Dubai, so maybe.
Speaker 1: We go to Yes, all the other shows get sent all around in the world, not us.
Speaker 5: We go on the Glenn Waveley Seven's at our style.
Speaker 2: You're on the air with Jason Lauren and my bro Clinton.
Speaker 3: My unsettling thing you've ever said to me?
Speaker 2: My bro?
Speaker 3: Okay, bro, you're my bro, my cat here Donald brother Donald brother.
Speaker 1: Mother. No, there's a song that goes because here's my brother.
Speaker 2: It's Brady by Barry Manilo.
Speaker 1: Didn't you get it? Stewart? Is that him?
Speaker 5: Looks like Tim Rod Stewart, Yes, that's him.
Speaker 1: He's like, am I thinking of someone else? He ain't heavy, he's my brother, my brother.
Speaker 5: Can we get it?
Speaker 2: Next time? I'll just say Clint all right, he's my bro and Donald brother brother.
Speaker 1: He ain't heavy, he's mad. I don't think that's the tune. It's coming someone in a rush? Please?
Speaker 2: Have they are falling it?
Speaker 3: Don and should I?
Speaker 1: They're falling out of love? Have they? Nylon Musky?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's government efficiency commander.
Speaker 1: The wants to make sure we don't waste money.
Speaker 2: Yes, how's the cargoing. Anyone torched your Tesla?
Speaker 1: You no, I did?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: You know what? Though Testla service is so good, we had we had the tire issue and they just turned up to our house and fixed it all. No one's torched it. Why would you torch tesla? We're just looking out for all of our producers and there's not one single one. God, looks happening this morning.
Speaker 3: Look at all the help we've got.
Speaker 1: It's not a single producer in.
Speaker 2: You know. Why do you know what they're currently doing at the moment looking for barring men? I swear to god they are. What have you just been doing? Tell everyone, I've been.
Speaker 3: Trying to find.
Speaker 1: Where did you go to find it? The record library left but there was no a s if there was an emergency, Not one of you were sitting there. Well done to.
Speaker 2: Run to smooth.
Speaker 1: They didn't even have it. Some find it? Did you find it?
Speaker 2: Any way?
Speaker 1: They found it?
Speaker 2: Has lasted the Trump administration when he was doing a Space Express conference and blasted him over budget cuts. It can't bes you, bro easy, but hang on.
Speaker 5: Elon blasted Donald.
Speaker 2: Over budget cuts.
Speaker 5: But I thought was head of the budget and only.
Speaker 2: He's the budget cuts.
Speaker 1: Sky does anyone know what's going on there?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's the money guy, he's the money man. So they've had it falling out the bros.
Speaker 3: Is it salvagable?
Speaker 2: I think everyone's just waiting for that front cover of the paper where it's like a full love heart.
Speaker 3: And the rip down the middle about it, Like.
Speaker 1: You know, everyone's just waiting for the paper to tell us With the loafer, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's safe to say everyone's waiting for that relationship to go.
Speaker 1: He's going to return half of his best friends forever necklace there, yea apes. I used to dish him out, like Lolly, do you add a new best friend every week? When I was little?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Lauren brought up a good point before the show today. You think bro breakups are different.
Speaker 1: To female friendship breakups are very traumatic. We're like, yeah, they go for months and all the friendship group gets involved with everyone knows where blokes are just like, well, I didn't like what he said, so I just never spoke to him again.
Speaker 2: I think Lou asked me if I'm talking to a guy I used to hang out with a lot, just a couple of weeks ago, and we spoke for years we had dust up.
Speaker 1: And then you still talk to each other. Then we want to talk about it. We want to talk about what happened.
Speaker 3: But you'll bump into your brother at the pub and everything will be fine.
Speaker 2: And then I'll be like, hey, Steve, I know beer. Yeah, play this on my iPhone. We'll sit in the corner of the pub.
Speaker 1: Where's the bit that says he's not heavy? Brother? Oh? Here we go? What a banger? Turn it up?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is this it?
Speaker 1: Barry Manilo, ladies in gentlemen, Timu Rod Stewart.
Speaker 2: That's all the game to the stone, all right, listen.
Speaker 5: Have you had a brow bust up?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten? Bros of Melbourne? Have you and your brow had a bust up? What I love is for lads. It's over the most stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously. Or it's over a girl.
Speaker 2: Thirteenth over a girl woman you touch more, sister. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number if you join us on the air. I got two hundred dollar Cogan vouchers up for great.
Speaker 1: Remember when I kissed I kissed one of my brother's friends and they didn't talk for years.
Speaker 2: Were your brother and his mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do you find it brother, I'm just denying it. And we're in the car out. We still lived at home. We're in the car out in the front of my house, and I was giving him a little smooch goodbye. My brother's car pulled up behind and busted us, and then we took off, fanged off, and I was like, oh, chase No, he didn't chase us. But then I got home and my brother threw a glass of wader.
Speaker 2: It was it worth it?
Speaker 5: It was like, did you kiss him? When I said no? And he goes, I score it good past.
Speaker 3: He's married at first start with the yeah, was it a good pass?
Speaker 1: Was a great patch? The year was two thousand and four and now I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: They didn't talk for years. They're fine now, but it took some time.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen one.
Speaker 5: Of those gold vaults wagons station wagons.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Have you had a bro bust up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And how long did it take you to get back together as mates?
Speaker 1: What did they do?
Speaker 2: What was it over? We are talking bro bust ups?
Speaker 1: We are He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Speaker 2: When you're as bro as you get like a lot of a lot of lads. Well you just you know, you know a.
Speaker 1: Lot of more than anyone.
Speaker 2: I exactly what's that, marcho, bro No, you're not much, definitely not much.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying you have a lot of mates, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of bros. I know you don't like confrontation. You run from it. I've been involved in a bro bust up where you've got to take a side. Yes, that's the worst, all.
Speaker 1: That stuff, but I feel like blokes don't do that. It's chicks that go no, it's me or no.
Speaker 2: But it'll be more like executive producer Brody's really, you know, tick me off this morning, Clint. This is what he said, and I just want Clint to go.
Speaker 1: I've actually seen that real AF drama play out many times, and I always take Brodie's side.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't ask you.
Speaker 1: In fact, Clint always takes Brodie's side.
Speaker 2: He's our bro.
Speaker 1: Am I right, brother? Are you my brother? You my brother?
Speaker 5: Have you ever been dropped as a friend.
Speaker 3: No, I've dropped a few before, though we'll get.
Speaker 1: To that in a minute. Let's let's talk to Craig and Geelong first. If you had to bust up with bro Crago.
Speaker 4: I have warning brother morning, brother brother. Yeah, I had to bust up with a mate. We were good mate for a long time when I moved over from New Zealand and ninety seven and it sort of took me under his wing and we used to talk on the phone every day. And anyway, this one weekend I was working worked in the horse industry and came back late from the races, had to attempt to a couple of horses and we were supposed to meet at the local creek club. And anyway, he had left, and back in the old days where the phone to go one flat really quick, yep, I couldn't get in contact with him. And so I rocked up to the creek club and he had already gone, and he reckons that I didn't turn up, but I say that he already left. Man, it was over something that's silly.
Speaker 2: Did you ask to check the surveillance?
Speaker 1: Is going to the friendship court? And how long did you not talk to each other?
Speaker 4: For it would have been a good seven to eight years. Then we met recently, maybe about three years ago, at a cricket function and then, like you said, Jason, everything was sweet.
Speaker 6: We have a beer.
Speaker 4: We spoke, we left bo bo on and then we haven't spoken since again.
Speaker 5: So where we are actually a bro buster?
Speaker 1: They're not friends anymore?
Speaker 4: Talk, we don't talk. We used to talk every day and mission.
Speaker 1: You know you, misses Craig, if you ran into friendship back together, if you just.
Speaker 2: Ran into him in a party, you sit down and have a beer, right, blood bloke. No, he's not a good blow your my brother. This time tomorrow we're taking the show on the road. We are going to recreate the high school bus route that you and Clint used to go on.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Nova bus is coming.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Did you say the coming?
Speaker 1: I did. The Nova bus is coming Melbourne. We want to drop you to work, So this time tomorrow we will be taking off from glen Waverley Station. Now I did want to just drive all over Melbourne and drop people off, but we adult that.
Speaker 3: We need to reach It's just not going to work.
Speaker 1: So we've got a roote. We will be posting it to our socials shortly.
Speaker 2: Guess what else is coming up? This morning? Lauren bought in her high school uniform.
Speaker 1: Yes so we My mum dug it out of the It might surprise you, but I don't hang it in my wardrobe anymore.
Speaker 2: We're setting up the catwalk. Will they be the school uniform?
Speaker 1: Now we've had a debate in here about it, like I don't think it's gonna fit me, and he goes, yeah, great, just whack it on anyway. And I'm like, well, what do you want me to do? Just it buttons all the way down, Just walk in with it completely open if I don't fit And you go, yeah, well, won't be doing.
Speaker 2: I didn't just go yeah she's I said, yeah, it'll be great for clicks online.
Speaker 5: I shan't be putting the uniform on.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's a.
Speaker 3: Little bit taller these days, right, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's my legs.
Speaker 3: You've grown.
Speaker 2: Guys coming up in every direction. In the next twenty minutes, we're going to meet the bus driver who is taking us around tomorrow to the.
Speaker 1: Bus drivers hell, to the bus driver bus driver man.
Speaker 2: Man. If you want to.
Speaker 1: See man, is it a man or a woman?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wait, and you'll find out. But first one Republic coming to town. They are bringing their sweet escape to it in Melbourne rod Laver Arena fifteen Special Geest Swedish pop superstar Zara Larson. You can get your tickets from Live nation dot com or call now to win them. Thirteen twenty four ten here on over all. Right, So tomorrow, from seven o'clock, we are recreating the high school bus route that Lauren and Clint both used to catch. Now they are outside the studio at the moment, at different ends of the building. Come in first, Clint stand away, Good morning, Jose have you got me? I've got you, laud and now you're on a cord this Mike. You're about to debut, Yes, your school uniform.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Lauren Phillips will talk to me well, because our public publics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lauren, come in, can you hear us?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Would you? I'll tell you?
Speaker 1: What was? You stay hiding in the office away from Clint?
Speaker 2: Right, you stay hit them.
Speaker 1: It's been just let me remind you.
Speaker 5: It's been twenty one years since I put this uniform on.
Speaker 2: Fits?
Speaker 1: How many lies for you? Clint? Here? How many years since you wore your club? Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: It's been twenty four years for me.
Speaker 1: I reckon You've had to glow up since task. And that's unfair because I reckon I peaked in year eleven.
Speaker 2: All right, you stay hitting Clint, Yes, Clint, yes, I would like you to make your way to the studio please. Is this the summer winter year?
Speaker 3: This is the all year round because we don't afford them in the.
Speaker 2: Year round uniform. Here we are look at Oh my, you know what you almost you could still be an ask The.
Speaker 3: Funny thing is, I've not seen this in many years. And the badge says, gain wisdom. Well, you can't win them all wisdom over the years.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want to come, and it's a nice off Mara. It's like a combination of red and moron. It's a nice jumper brown pants.
Speaker 3: College school colors were red, white and blue.
Speaker 2: Right, are we ready for simple?
Speaker 5: Are we putting this on our socials? Or is this an in joke?
Speaker 2: Oh? This is a total in joke. Jason Lauren on the ground, Lauren Phillip, come on, la fits all.
Speaker 1: Guys, it fits it fits well. I have never in my life been happier with myself than right, get a girl. Sure there is a little there's a couple of buttons on the back, which means you can have it like more interest in at the waist. It's sort of more naturally sinterest in at the waist these days.
Speaker 5: But I'm not taking it off because it's still fits.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Look at all the badgers and the embroidery.
Speaker 1: Drama captain reporting for Judy. It's a little short.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Lie good on the bus.
Speaker 2: Get where he's on the bus to the passengers in front of you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Clint, look at you. Look at us, hid, imagine us on the glen Iris seven three four bus. This is a look into the past.
Speaker 2: You can You can also sit down and get off the court of microphones.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm never sit I't Also, I will rip the arse out of this dress if I sit down. I think it's a stand up job, but I'm in it.
Speaker 2: Let's all stand, we'll stand.
Speaker 1: So I bought in some extras.
Speaker 5: Would you now? Would you like to wear?
Speaker 1: I've got my old softball uniform here, the Wesley uniform from glem Overy. Jesus, a lot of competiform Okay, what about this one? Its Wesley Lyon. Look how tiny it is as if I ever got into that. What about this one? That's our spray jacket.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to look like the ugly pte teacher in this.
Speaker 1: No, there's it. There's the pinafore.
Speaker 2: That'll fit you. I'm about to ask you an honest question, and I just want you to be straight with me. It's it's quite purple.
Speaker 1: So he's got so Wesley's school uniform was purple.
Speaker 2: Now do I look like Grimace from McDonald's.
Speaker 1: No, I think you should wear it on the bus or I don't know if I want you representing our school.
Speaker 3: You look like a pe teacher, the one.
Speaker 1: That everyone wanted to go to their class because they never actually did any pe teacher.
Speaker 2: Here's the guy if you want to join us. The bus rolls out seven o five tomorrow.
Speaker 1: From glen Waverley station, so we will be doing the Glen Iris seven three four route. I went to Wesley and glen Waverley Clint went to High. We shall be catching the bus that we used to catch to school together.
Speaker 2: I can see why she didn't give you the time like it's it's a bit compared to her. You look.
Speaker 1: It might fit me better, but I'm not sure this would fit you. I am so up myself right now that still uniform fits. I can't you're going.
Speaker 2: To stand on the bus all there's.
Speaker 1: Very little chance of me sitting in this.
Speaker 2: Well, Good morning Melbourne and happy Friday, eve Hey coming up at eight o'clock this morning. It's already gone off twice this week.
Speaker 1: Chris for five thousand dollars, who played Terry Bradshaw in the TV show Sex and the City.
Speaker 2: And he only knew that because it was at the ex girlfriend that used to watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, thanks to an ex.
Speaker 2: So coming up we'll get another five k up for grabs this morning at eight o'clock. But next this story caught my attention. Know how we're doing the show on a bus tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: One in seven people they catch a bus in lily Dale are doing something there.
Speaker 3: They're are not now on.
Speaker 2: The bus and I reckon one of you two would have been guilty of this in the past.
Speaker 3: Surely not.
Speaker 2: We're going to go there after Benson Moon. Oh that needs to be mentioned on the air. What she said, Oh my god. Okay, so morning mel but this is no over one hundred no, no, oh no, I've got this. It is Jason Lauren Clint. That was nothing private.
Speaker 1: No, there are things that are private. Off the areas private.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a new rule.
Speaker 5: I'm going to start repeating all the things you've said off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot what you say. No, no, no where we're talking about tomorrow's show because we're going to be live on a school bus. We're recreating the high school bus route used to go on beautiful a public bus.
Speaker 5: It wasn't It wasn't like a school bus you two can jump on.
Speaker 2: Now weeks you've been saying like, because you guys got the same high school bus that Lauren and her friend wouldn't give you attention.
Speaker 1: That's not true. And you were in your twelve and I was in your eight, and it would have been weird. Come on.
Speaker 3: Me, I was a.
Speaker 1: Bit No you weren't.
Speaker 5: I love the red It's very, very gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Very public school. That's what you said.
Speaker 1: That looks nice? Is that Marino will Lauren?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I found out why I shouldn't talk to you, because I just said to it. Then can you show me? I said, can you show me your school blazer? I'll take you show show me a school blazer. What badges have you got on there? Chirs? Which do you want to look at? Because I've got all these and then I said, I just want to look at the pocket of your blazer. It says prefect middle school House Captain. And then it's got a line with like all these sort of arrows and diamonds around it. And Laurence said to.
Speaker 1: Me, I did it. It came out wrong and I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: So see how I've got the line here with all the diamonds. And I think the normal people didn't have.
Speaker 3: That, the normal people.
Speaker 2: Normal people didn't have what do you mean.
Speaker 5: Not a prefix?
Speaker 1: I wasn't the school. I was a school.
Speaker 2: There were prefixts and normal people.
Speaker 1: That it was the wrong word, a wording. The normal people what were they if you weren't a prefect?
Speaker 2: Common?
Speaker 1: No, the prefect's got this special pocket, is what I meant to say.
Speaker 5: So listen, I mean that's what perfect spelt jingled up.
Speaker 3: Jesus School.
Speaker 2: It's perfect jingled up.
Speaker 1: Or the prefects are the naughtiest. Now, listen, we just got away with it.
Speaker 2: Well, lucky, we're not going through lily Dale because a report came out overnight that naughty Victorians in the lily Dale Areadale are the most common people to fear evade on public transport.
Speaker 5: Oh really, yes, apparently do you?
Speaker 1: Apparently?
Speaker 2: Four week investigation. God, don't waste time on anything, won't they?
Speaker 1: But get it, Lily Dale, Good on you. They're fighting back against the feet.
Speaker 2: Well we live out. Eastern suburbs are the most fer evaders in the state. One in seven passengers are fair evading.
Speaker 5: One in seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, if you get caught, I thought it might before.
Speaker 5: It's a little disappointing. I reckon England Overley.
Speaker 1: We're all fair of that.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and ninety six dollars is a fine?
Speaker 3: Is it? So?
Speaker 5: How much does it cost to catch the train?
Speaker 1: Because if you worked out, you're ons right, that's three hundred bucks. It's probably what how often do you get do you reckon? It's two dollars a day?
Speaker 2: Can't be so?
Speaker 1: That means you could get caught twice a year and you'd come out even be honest if you caught it every day.
Speaker 2: To be honest, yes, you always tap on, Yes all the time you do in the lying face.
Speaker 3: No, I've been a good citizen, a good taxpayer.
Speaker 5: Oh god, if we have to pay one more.
Speaker 3: Tax, I mean I do live like truly.
Speaker 5: We should get free transport right with a.
Speaker 3: Couple of stops from the free tram zone. So if you get on and you just get on to stop or two more, exactly, you should get.
Speaker 1: Two point everyone should get two stops, LA, yes, one.
Speaker 2: Of my one? Am I wasting my breath? Do you always tap on?
Speaker 5: I don't have a monkey?
Speaker 1: But at school you couldn't fair of eight on the bus, no way, because you'd have to walk past the driver anything like scan your ticket.
Speaker 5: But on the train, I was only two stops.
Speaker 3: That was easy.
Speaker 1: There were no back then. Nah, there were no closed gates there. You just walked on and off.
Speaker 2: So just did you ever pay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes whatever you felt like it. My school's going to be really cross with me. But the bus you couldn't. The train train was fast to walk up a hill to get to the trains.
Speaker 2: Did the ordinary people pay?
Speaker 3: We might need a quick unpicked to get rid of that prefect badge on your I.
Speaker 1: Think would have been stripped from me years.
Speaker 2: Ago, Clint not prefect.
Speaker 1: Perfect, jumbledown or jangled up?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Are you a non tapper? Oh no?
Speaker 1: Are you a fair of vader?
Speaker 3: Gives me anxiety?
Speaker 5: Are you a non tap by these days?
Speaker 1: Because you have the like fences and.
Speaker 2: Gagement, you know what, people will be able to tell us how they don't.
Speaker 5: You can't be fair evading these days.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. You can remain completely anonymous.
Speaker 5: Aren't school kids getting free transport or something soon?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: From January one?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: I was just before my time.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, well before your time. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Are you a non tapper? Good morning Melbourne. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. This is ANAB one hundred. We're doing a thanks to our mates at shelt Ready Express. Now tomorrow we're taking the show on the road. That's right, we're going on the nerve of us.
Speaker 1: I put my school uniform on my mum, dug it up, found it and forgot there.
Speaker 2: We got those photos on Sasha yet because going to go.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't well, Yeah, because I forgot to bring the knee high socks and my tea bars.
Speaker 2: So there'd be some socks that go along with that. Yeah, what's a tea bar?
Speaker 5: A t bar? Was the type of school show?
Speaker 3: Was it a clerk?
Speaker 1: No? It wasn't a clerk. It was like a buckle.
Speaker 3: The t bar we had the we had the clerks at shouted in.
Speaker 1: Clarks and then I went to Doc Martin's. I walked to play the ankle ones and then I went to t bus. Anyway, I'm feeling very up myself because guess what, Melbourne. My school uniforms still fits and I'm never taking it off, partially because I'm loving myself sick, and partially because I'm not sure I can get it off.
Speaker 3: With spirit public boy, weren't you?
Speaker 2: I was Christian? Are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was a Christian boy, one of us. No, I'd burn up on entry into church now, but yeah I was. I was Catholic.
Speaker 5: Because we are taking the bus tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But we were asking if people still fair of aide because lily Dale shout out to the normal Doy. People in Lilydale have the highest rate of fair evating. Did you have a fair of eight?
Speaker 2: No? No, because we're the But like I was a school bus, you'd only get on at the front, and back in those days, they weren't in the little cocoon of plastic. The driver was right there, so he'd be watching you.
Speaker 5: But when you're on a public bus or is it a school bus?
Speaker 2: Public bus? Yes, all full of school kids. But he punched the ticket.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get on the back door, get on the front door, on the back door, in on the front door.
Speaker 2: In Point Cork morning guys, are you a ferravader?
Speaker 6: Generally me no, But I have four teenagers and they have to catch a public bus to and from school. And I'm pretty sure they don't tap on all off anytime. But when I'm with them and we go somewhere and I go to tap on, the'd be such a nerd Mum.
Speaker 5: They're no already out in puts.
Speaker 3: What's this strategy? How do you get around it? If you you know you're in full view of the driver, what you.
Speaker 2: Do is you go on like in a pack mentality, so you know you have people.
Speaker 1: And what happens when the guy comes and checks.
Speaker 2: I think they have inspectors on the buses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they must on the track, get they get on impacts on the train hives.
Speaker 2: There were three of them but got off the other day in front of me on Swan Street.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they should be in highvisy see him coming quickly tap on? No kidding.
Speaker 2: I always I think they're more in high vis for their protection. Melanie, good morning, good morning, how you doing good? Your son? Is he a non tapper?
Speaker 7: He's a non tapper. And you were just saying about you can't get on the bus because you're in full view of the bus driver and the bus drivers on the school route, so like we're going there anyway, just get on so that they don't care.
Speaker 5: They cannot making commissions.
Speaker 1: They just want people to get on quickly as well.
Speaker 7: Right, and no ticket inspect is going to get on a bus full of school kids, no way. So yeah, school for three years. And he's got also top up on his Mikey card and I think it's retopped up like maybe twice the train in the bus. I never ever tapped on.
Speaker 5: Children of Melbourne though. We're not encouraging this.
Speaker 2: We you sound a little proud, but that's all right.
Speaker 7: I'm not telling you what region we're in because I know we'll get stuff.
Speaker 1: I've got your suburb right now. No, no, I won't say yes.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: We don't encourage encourage you to do it. We're just trying to.
Speaker 3: You make a good point because my old man used to give me five dollars every so often for the for the fair, and then you get away with it. You get to buy a couple of potato caches.
Speaker 2: In the way.
Speaker 5: I used to get fish and chips and take it on the bus.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why the school we used to get it from the fish and you wouldn't open it. You just ripped the top off and you'd eat the chips and you'll pass it around there.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why this school uniform still fits.
Speaker 3: I think it's more recent activity.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Melbourne and happy Friday eve A very good morning as we head to Geel.
Speaker 5: Hello Lily, Lily, have we got you there?
Speaker 2: Yes, hello, you are the chosen one. Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you've got four kids under six? Quiet house?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, very quiet house.
Speaker 3: How do you do it?
Speaker 5: See's how old are they?
Speaker 6: I have a just turn six year old, a four year old, a two year old and nearly one year old.
Speaker 5: Wow, Lily, you are super human.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely boys or girl?
Speaker 6: Three boys and a girl?
Speaker 2: Now you have time to make number four is beyond me? All right, Lily, here's the guy you could take an easy question for fifty bucks meting question for five hundred or a hard one for five k. I believe you want to go five hundred this morning. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Come on, Lily, you deserve this cash. Mama.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is all thanks to Arising Festival. It's returning to Melbourne and kickstarts June four with my Benny Art music and performance that stirs the sole details at Rising Dot Melbourne. I'm going to check your double pass straight off the top. Okay, thank you, no sweat. Now for five hundred dollars, you must answer within the three seconds. Are you ready for your question? Yep, all right, Freddy, here we go.
Speaker 1: What is the only continent that does not have a desert?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 8: Two one?
Speaker 1: Are you there? Lily?
Speaker 4: Geography?
Speaker 1: It's my work. You just got a guess because we did a practice run of that and I guess Europe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pure guests, pure.
Speaker 1: Guests, and it was right. Europe is the answer O Europe, Lily. I'm sorry. What what can we give Lily?
Speaker 5: Come on, she's a mom.
Speaker 2: Festival Saturday. You know what what about Carrigan voucher the bucks to drop a cogan They help me get what you want for less. Cognan dot com. Now that is clicking. Awesome. Don't treat yourself all right?
Speaker 3: Hey, coming up next.
Speaker 2: We have what we've got some breaking news.
Speaker 1: What's happening from the world of entertainment. Oh do I know this? No, what's happened?
Speaker 3: This is?
Speaker 2: This will be big in Melbourne today.
Speaker 3: It involves you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you've already stitched me out once today.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: We have give me some breaking news to share. This city is going to be very proud of you. Next, Lauren, I want to take you to the Daily Mail. You need to watch out the PABs today. They're going to be after you.
Speaker 5: Wait, do they see me in my school dress?
Speaker 2: Because Jason does that need context?
Speaker 5: Tomorrow I'll be in my school uniform as we catch the school bus.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you all about the Melbourne tear list, sorry, where my socialites are placed into three tiers. God and see the listers. This is on the d M, on the Daily Mail. And Jason just just hold what you're doing, because, as with the previous carnations of these lists, will leave it to you to decide if the placements are fair.
Speaker 1: A k A feedback from Jason from me.
Speaker 3: From from the Daily Mail subscribers. So let's talk a list for starting in where the world in Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Melbourne, in your backyard? At celebrities, I'd be thinking like an Eric Banner movie star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well do they live here or they came from here?
Speaker 3: Socialites Melbourne social.
Speaker 1: Currently live here like Queen Rebecca Jard would have to be one a.
Speaker 3: It's funny you should say that because one a is Queen b a f l wag Rebecca jar Her hardly surprising as she is so revered in the city's social scene and she's been given the nickname god Hi.
Speaker 1: Who I am friends with? Rebecca Judd? And I can tell you I've never heard anyone.
Speaker 3: Called Who else is on the list? You might ask?
Speaker 1: Or should we guess?
Speaker 3: They are saying? Top of the food Chainey Melbourne. Yes, Sarah Lucas, I love formerly.
Speaker 1: Sarah lu Sarah Lucas is married to Chris Lucas and they own America Grill Americano restaurant.
Speaker 5: As you should know them. They're right in your wheel food restaurant.
Speaker 3: Bella lou Her daughter is also on the list.
Speaker 1: Who's writing this stuff?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Who's reading it?
Speaker 3: Wait until we get to you Daryla.
Speaker 2: On the leak keep going down.
Speaker 3: Kristin Fowler married to Harry Fox, a grandson of billionaire trucking magnate Lindsey Fox. Should we get to the.
Speaker 2: Bees, Let's go to the BE list?
Speaker 3: Not mates are on the B list? On the belis one of the main girls on the B list. Rebecca Harding, Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Love Beck Harding and she's starring.
Speaker 3: Russian She makes the list. Nadia Bartel, Zoie Foster.
Speaker 5: Blake, Great Fun, Great Girls.
Speaker 3: Designer Effie Cats makes the list.
Speaker 1: Why are these girls on the A list? Can it's a girl got to do to get on the A list?
Speaker 3: And the Hawkins is there.
Speaker 1: On the B list. I can't wait to tell Andrea Moss from we all know her please.
Speaker 3: To say that, having been a sea fixture for years, Lauren Phillips has been upgraded.
Speaker 1: Have I made the belly?
Speaker 2: You're on the list?
Speaker 5: When was I on the Sea list?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Will? I will preface this by saying, and the Daily Mail says it, and I think it's quite accurate. She's been a sea fixture for years. But the reason she's been upgraded is because of the terrific work she's doing in breakfast with Jason.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, thank you. It is such a pleasure to be able to be lifted up by YouTube every morning.
Speaker 2: Just before you hold the thank yous, And I've been going through some of the online comments, hang on and you could read them out?
Speaker 3: Can you read who's on the C list?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: The heartwarming comments are in yellow.
Speaker 1: So what is the public t not God but close in Sydney? Who cares what they say? Who cares? They all look common as muck duke nine to one one from Melbourne? The only ones that.
Speaker 5: Care of themselves farm spy cello.
Speaker 1: A person who plucks eyebrows and can't pay their tax is not high society. Who's that about?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Also says this is so embarrassing. Never before has one list included so many badly dressed people.
Speaker 5: That must be the A list, not the BE list. I mean, look at me this morning.
Speaker 1: They need to get over themselves. These are all fake people. That's from Birdie, Bland and Blander.
Speaker 2: What else have we got on behalf of everyone at nov We're very proud of you, congratulations and making the Bee Lister?
Speaker 1: What about Vail?
Speaker 5: He says?
Speaker 1: If this is the bee list. I wonder how terrible to see and d list.
Speaker 2: Morning. Imagine dragons an enemy. This is never one hundred weather today showers again, tops of sixteen.
Speaker 1: She was windy yesterday, blowing a gale.
Speaker 2: We went to the Peter Mack blowing a Megan. How does Megan feel about that.
Speaker 1: Gale? Gorilla marketing for Megan Gal every time it's windy, She's a babe.
Speaker 2: We're in the city yesterday.
Speaker 5: She's still as gorgeous as I.
Speaker 2: Don't want people to think of wind and then think of me. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not wind, it's a gale.
Speaker 1: It's a Megan gaale four script.
Speaker 2: All right, let's head to the bus. Thirteen twenty four ten is ount number?
Speaker 1: If I mean, you don't become drama captain without being able to sing like that boo.
Speaker 5: Did you guys like my singing?
Speaker 3: Imagine where she goes busses schoolirl, I'll do what is there going to be some sort of ticket tape parade?
Speaker 1: Should we do?
Speaker 3: Lame?
Speaker 1: That was the school musical Clinton? You and I could do it. Jean val John and Eponine.
Speaker 2: Guys, I am calling.
Speaker 5: I'm sure on.
Speaker 2: Now we're not doing No.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember when you said we couldn't blame Phield Collins back back next minute, you'll be playing music open there.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We are getting on excuse me, I'm about to sneeze it.
Speaker 2: We're getting on the original school bus to recreate your high school trips. Guys, I wanted to introduce you to someone very very special. This is Damien, our bus driver.
Speaker 1: Damian Damer failed to the bus driver Demo, good.
Speaker 8: A, good morning, Jass and Clinton.
Speaker 2: How we are good?
Speaker 8: I do like that name?
Speaker 1: Do or you don't?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Are you excited about driving our bus tomorrow from glen Waverley all the way to South Melbourne.
Speaker 8: I'm very excited. This is something new for me.
Speaker 3: Before how much experience.
Speaker 8: I just got my license yesterday.
Speaker 1: You should have seen the death says all of our producers got look at thinking you had one job found a bus driver.
Speaker 2: I like you, dam and all your years of bus driving, which has been really really how many.
Speaker 8: I've been driving for this company for seven years?
Speaker 2: Went, You're all right, what's what's the worst you've ever seen?
Speaker 8: The worst I've ever seen? I wouldn't say nothing's really been the worst.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: You got the right attitude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, every job has a unique thing, and probably the most the thing that happens with my bus most of the time because I am into the charter services now that it happens to end up being the party busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we can have some tunes. That's good to know.
Speaker 2: Damo.
Speaker 3: Have you have you ever driven the route?
Speaker 8: Yes, I have done. I've done the bus route that you were doing many years ago.
Speaker 1: With glen Iras seven three four bus.
Speaker 2: So what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: We're sort of doing a modified route. We can start at Glenmoyvery station. We're going to do a few stops along the way, get to Glenira's station.
Speaker 5: Then we're going to keep going up High Street.
Speaker 1: We're going to come around the back and into South Melbourne and you're call for people to jump on and off the bus.
Speaker 5: We're going to pick up some people on the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's going to be the first time you've attempted a bus and a drive through.
Speaker 8: I've been asked to take my through drive through before.
Speaker 1: No, my Wily McDonald's. I had many kids birthday parties there back in the day.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you what. We will see you on the bus tomorrow to your demo. Guys, fine lines are lining up. People want on the.
Speaker 1: Bus thirteen twenty four to ten. If you want to jump on the bus from us. I've been getting lots of das, so have.
Speaker 3: I, Lauren. My dms have been We got well from Kelly. Hi, Clint, I'm coming on the bus on Friday. My husband, also named Clint, would love to come if there's room. If not, he can suffer in his jocks.
Speaker 1: Us big enough for two Clints in their jocks.
Speaker 3: You know what, Kelly, Clint can come.
Speaker 5: Clint can come.
Speaker 1: There we go brook Is Hi, Lauren, I'm getting my car service on Friday. Is there any chance you can pick me up and take me to work? I sent her details through to our producers. We'll try and help you out. Give you a right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Sonya. Sorry shere and Ashwell, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: How are you going where?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: Did you ever catch the seven, three or four bus if you live in Ashwood?
Speaker 8: I live in Ashwood.
Speaker 4: I grew up in glen Waverley.
Speaker 8: So the route you're talking about, I'm all over it.
Speaker 4: We drive to school down High Street Road We're so excited.
Speaker 7: Do you what are you're talking about our suburbs.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get the kids on and we'll take them to school?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 8: We go You're going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: What our plan was just to get little.
Speaker 7: Signs on the side of the road and hold them up here.
Speaker 4: But I said, jump on the bus, have a morning off school.
Speaker 5: You can do whichever you'd like.
Speaker 3: Charie, If you grew up in Glen Waverley, what school do you go to?
Speaker 7: I went to Brentwood Kids.
Speaker 4: I knew a lot of Glen Waverley.
Speaker 5: I met a boy from Brentwood High once.
Speaker 2: Was he a bad boy?
Speaker 1: Bad boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He didn't have a brother, did.
Speaker 1: You well, Chi, Yeah, jump on tomorrow, Jump on the bus at any well, not any point. We're going to put it up on our socials. I keep saying any point, and I keep getting told off. We can't just stop, Willy nilly, it's a professional bus.
Speaker 2: Go to glen Waverley. Son Ya, you're one on the bus.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, it's actually sona sure?
Speaker 5: So whereabouts do you live?
Speaker 4: Where in Glen Waverley? And I would love to bring my daughters along for a sun morning?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: You're getting on the bus, sona seven oh five. We're taking off from glen Waverley station.
Speaker 4: That is so exciting, looking so forward to it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, three one five, Oh beautiful name Sona?
Speaker 3: Any good morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Would you like to jump aboard the nov bus?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 8: I'm just getting a call from work.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll let you go.
Speaker 1: That's so us getting an old call emergency call. Should we check in with can we her name?
Speaker 5: And can we check in with Annie?
Speaker 3: And just make sure excuse me, gosh, I'd love to come, but just getting a non call emergence.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's good. We flagged this now because I don't want to be on the bus tomorrow and anything like we need to turn the.
Speaker 3: First daid training.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she's also doing a job far more important than she's a nurse.
Speaker 5: Oh, good on your Annie.
Speaker 2: Bring a coup of those bream whistles. Any hunter, good morning, good morning? Do you want to How old are you?
Speaker 1: I'm Do you.
Speaker 2: Want to come on the bus tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please go to school?
Speaker 2: Pardon?
Speaker 5: Are you getting the morning off school to come on the bus?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Seven o'clock?
Speaker 1: What's und school start?
Speaker 2: That's a right we can get lost in the back streets.
Speaker 1: Many people turn up and we can't.
Speaker 2: I told you we should have got a banana bus with the swivel bit in the middle.
Speaker 1: And according we've got no idea.
Speaker 5: It might just be us and Hunter on the bus, or.
Speaker 2: Well it might't be and she's got an emergency.
Speaker 1: No, she's definitely coming. She sent a message. Great, okay, she'll be on call, but she just might.
Speaker 5: Need to take some calls on the bus. Quite yeah, Well we'll be quiet.
Speaker 2: We'll put the bus route up on our socials Jason Lauren for you to go and check out the details and come and join.
Speaker 5: Want to be at the bus stop and just say hi.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning from seven o'clock, we're taking the show on the road. Hey, I just want to give a little ears warning case you still do have kids in the car. We're going to chat about something quite heavy. I mentioned before the song. Yesterday was quite a big day here in Victoria. Machete laws came into effect from midday. You can't buy.
Speaker 5: Any He's definitely a step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: We have a long way to go, though.
Speaker 2: Big day for me and a family I've gotten to know. An incident happened about eighteen months ago. It was January four, twenty twenty four. We were in between coming from the old radio station to this one.
Speaker 1: I was talking to you on the phone.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, typical Tuesday. We were living in Hampton East at the time. Ye, normal Tuesday. The kids are on school holidays, yep. My wife Lou took one of our son's Hooey to the movies and I was at home with Felix, who's eleven, and Archie who's three. We did our normal theme. We went for a walk around the block. Felix had been learning to ride his bike, so he was riding around the block. I know a lot of the neighbors in the area and stuff that.
Speaker 1: Was just typic friendly neighborhood, great.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood, got along with everyone. Typical day.
Speaker 5: A neighborhood where you feel safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like kids were playing the street and all that sort of stuff. At about just after twelve o'clock, i'd gone back inside with two of the boys and where we used to live at sort of like a corner house, so you know, sort of two streets and down the side of our house. We had a back gate and my wife rang and I could hear it in a voice, just the panic, and she said, hey, I've pulled up just down the road from our gate. There's a man lying in the gutter covered in blood.
Speaker 3: You never forget right out the front of your house.
Speaker 2: This is ten past twelve on a Tuesday, and I've come running out the back gate and it was probably it was maybe ten meters away. And I know this sounds crazy. At first, I thought it was like a mannequin.
Speaker 5: I remember you telling me that.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a mane.
Speaker 5: And as I approached, you don't expect to see something like that.
Speaker 2: And as I approached the person, I could see it was a man. He was laying down, half on the footpath, half into the gutter. His chest was covered in blood his T shirt. And I've looked at my wife by this point she was already ringing TRIPLEO. Lu drove passed through me the phone and she took off because we didn't want our son to see him. So this point it is just me and this gentleman. There is absolutely no one around. The poor guy's covering blood on his chest. He couldn't really talk. I said to him, can you hear me if you can blink, and he did. At this point, I was just trying to reassure him. Helps on the way, a triple O on the phone, they said, police ambulance her all on the way. I was explaining the scene and how there was blood everywhere, and they said, okay, you need try and stop the bleeding. I didn't have anything with me, so I just took my shirt off straight away, and then as I lifted his shirt to try and help him, it was quite obvious that he'd been stabbed twice. And this is on a suburban street in broad day terrifying broad daylight, mate, both of broad daylight and this poor guy. You know, I'm trying to reassure him. He couldn't speak. I'd never met him before. I didn't recognize him. At that point. The police cars were just rocking up and he slowly closed his eyes and passed away. Police started performing CPR. It was absolute chaos, the police performing CPR. They did a great job at the scene. They're looking at me, going have you seen anything? And I'm like no, and they said can you go start door knocking until the other police arrived and just ask if anyone's say anything, because at this point they're like they're trying to save him, but they're also we need to find the offense.
Speaker 1: But also how scary, like you're going knocking on doors, you don't know if someone's running into a house.
Speaker 2: It was just was bringing the boys out, like keep the boys inside. So the gentleman passed away. The police tried everything they could the minute passed away. His name was Spiros. He was a forty six year old intellectually disabled gentleman and all he was doing was his daily walk to the bus stop, because every day he would get the bus to Southland and walk around and say hi to everyone at the shops. Everyone in our area knew this guy. He was so gentle. He was such like the stories I've heard from neighbors and everyone that knew him. He was a tragic North Melbourne supporter. I've gotten to know his family quite well. I've been around there a couple of times. His mum Kathy is you know, and obviously they're doing it incredibly hard. Their life will never be the same.
Speaker 1: So this was I mean, firstly, Jace, I know how deeply this has affected you. Where a year and a half down the track and this comes up regularly you and in conversations.
Speaker 5: I remember talking to you that day and it was it was like you were.
Speaker 1: Telling me a story that you'd seen someone You're in it. Yeah, And I know that in the weeks months ahead how deeply this is affect affected affected you.
Speaker 2: Also. I think it was like because we had to have the police in the house for it, like after that it's in the media. Yeah, was out the front policeman in the house for three hours doing statements. The kids are asking what's going on.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people would have run away from a scene like that because it's really scary. But you did an amazing job in that.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people would have.
Speaker 1: No you never know, but you were there and you held his hand and you gave him this this moment of comfort knowing that someone was there. And I remember you. I remember so clearly. You're telling me what you were saying to him at the time, because you just thought, gosh, if this was my son, my dad, or my brother, I would want someone to be there with him that knew him and you and I know how hard you tried in that moment to make Spiros not feel alone.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The perpetrator. It has been processed by the courts.
Speaker 2: And that's I'd finally talk about. The person who took his life was a guy in his twenties. He was found not guilty due to mental mental IMPAIRMENTE now he will save time. He is in jail, he'll eventually get he's a facility, mental facility. But he's locked up and he is off Jay the street. And that was a random Now here's the issue, right, and this is the reason I want to bring it up. I was left pretty mad after that because the innocence had been taken out of our street from that.
Speaker 1: Day, out of that family.
Speaker 2: I didn't let the kids ride their bikes around there. I had a front row seat to watch that family's life change forever. And now that the court case is done, the police have been so amazing to deal with. But you know, we've managed to work out the events leading up to that. And this kid was not in a great emotional state and walked in and stole a butcher's knife from a shop and then just roam the streets. And that's where he came across Spiros. And because of the the guy spiro Us is, everyone in the community knew that he would just wave and say hello to people. So we think if it was just us, every day people just in the street, you normally crossed the road if you saw someone looking a bit dodgy, Spiros is the sort of guy that would approach people make sure they have So it's a random attack, wrong place, wrong time. But like when I found out, it was just he just went into a supermarket stole a butcher's knife. And that's what I'm just saying. Yes, we've got them out of supermarkets. Yes we bought the rulin that you can't buy machetes now, but like you said, it's got to be a national rollout. We've still got a long way to go. And I'm just sick of the red tape bullshit. Just get it.
Speaker 1: Done, yeah, because there was so many innocent people that get caught up in these awful situations. And to Spiross's family, who have given you their blessing to talk.
Speaker 2: About it, yeah, I spoke to his mum Katherine, and I.
Speaker 1: Know you've built, in such difficult circumstances a bond with his family. But what we're saying on the streets is just terrifying. And I'm so sorry that this family have had to deal with this, and I'm sorry that you've had to deal with it.
Speaker 5: I know how much it's affected you. I know how much it's affected your.
Speaker 1: Family, and I can't even begin to imagine how much it's affected Ross's family.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've come a long way, but we got a long way to go. Yeah, let's just get this city feeling safe again. Mariah Kerry at the Summertime Ball in the UK here at Ober one hundred, we want to send you.
Speaker 1: Can we run through who's performing at this ball? And I did it before, But the lineup Mariah Carey, Benson Boone, reader, Aura Jesse, j Will Smith you joking.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. It's full, full as a goook.
Speaker 1: Full as a book.
Speaker 5: So thirteen twenty fourteen to swing a cat in that lineup is.
Speaker 2: Our number if you want to get on the standby list. Meltres Scene is going to give you more chances throughout the day as well.
Speaker 1: How many songs are they all going to each forty? It goes from month I want to go.
Speaker 2: Don't quotus on that. The great thing is with festivals like this is they all come out, they do like three or four of their bangers.
Speaker 1: Well, when they only get a like do you reckon ma, I get's a bigger window though day as you go up the list, they get more time. Who's at the bottom of the list because even the small artists will be superstars.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I think Rumba. The Divas did two songs and.
Speaker 5: Then it's Ricky Lee.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they played rumber Hey, guys, earlier we're talking about the new laws coming into effect here in Melbourne. We spoke with a commander for the Victorian Police. It's a special probe the Pope. We're putting up as a podcast if you want to check it out, and speeding contributes to one in three fatal crashes on Victorian roads. Break the habit LOWI you speed. Learn more at crime Stoppers dot vic dot com dot au. We are getting out of here. Oh, tomorrow's bus day.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the show was over alone flown like the Yes. So tomorrow, Melbourne, we want you to join us. We'll be taking off at seven Niche from glen Waverley station. Now it is a public bus. I'm not sure if our bus is going to run on time, so you run a bit of a risk of getting you know, it might be we're gonna go all. We're gonna do Glenarros seven three four route from glen Waverley Glenarus will stop a couple of times. We're not stopping. It's not stopping all stations. No, it's important we point out we are not stopping all stations. But we will do a pick up at Glenarros. Saw a drop off if you just want to do that part of the route's.
Speaker 2: Throw the little normal stops out the window. It's living. It's a Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going rough.
Speaker 2: Who knows, you know what. We might not even stop in South Melbourne. Do you know what?
Speaker 5: We're going to keep going all the way through to South Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We might just keep dravling.
Speaker 1: If we get to South Melbourne before nine, let us know where you want to go and we'll drop you off.
Speaker 3: Call me. I do love seeing people missed their bus it just running.
Speaker 1: I don't when I see people do it on the track when I'm drying.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Must say it?
Speaker 2: Clinton said is a sick Instagram video. People and when they try the arm and the doors.
Speaker 3: Just sometimes there's no room on those things. You're gonna have to wait for the next.
Speaker 1: No, one might turn up on our bus.
Speaker 2: No, we'll get some of the assistants. They having China when they push them onto the train. Have you seen that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Yeah? Hey, am I actually wearing my school universe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big We'll go the Pinafore.
Speaker 2: She said, you know, she said, here we go.
Speaker 1: What did I say off the air that I wanted to be private and now you're going to publicly shame me on what have I said?
Speaker 2: You said, you're going to go down to the tailet's.
Speaker 5: Get the hit taken down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I obviously had it taken up when my pins looked a little bit than they do now. So it's time for them to come down.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow when we do the show on the bush.
Speaker 3: He's in, Lauren, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Wake up feeling good? Following them on the socials. Yeah, I